The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Shizuru

Postby Shizuru » Tue May 10, 2005 3:57 pm

MoerkJ wrote:Another old trick, and a perhaps more intuitive way is to press F11 (Full Screen) on that stucked IE window and press the "Go" button right from the URL. That enqueues the download or upload always in the client for me, no matter what character-encoding the browser is set to.
:wink:

Yay! it works.. I almost give up on it. Thanks for the tip :wub:
Now gonna go read the tuitorial on how to upload :P

nitewind12

Postby nitewind12 » Tue May 10, 2005 4:22 pm

I got a question that might've been asked already but meh.
Does anyone else's fscagent thingy take up a lot of memory? It seems like the longer I leave the clubbox on the more memory it will eat up. It was eating up 222k memory.

And another thing, its twice now that clubbox seemed to shut off the internet? The download doesn't move and no webpages can load. But it will work if I shut down clubbox..

Anyone else having these problems? :crazy:

yinki

Postby yinki » Tue May 10, 2005 4:26 pm

I'm still getting error when I try to download, this is the message box i recieved after logging in:
Attachments
clubbox error.JPG
clubbox error.JPG (22.46 KiB) Viewed 14759 times

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zdoon » Tue May 10, 2005 4:54 pm

yinki wrote:I'm still getting error when I try to download, this is the message box i recieved after logging in:

That message basically says that you need to be a member of that particular clubbox in order to download.

So this is what you do.
Attachments
2.jpg
click to confirm. you're now a member!
2.jpg (53.68 KiB) Viewed 15209 times
1.jpg
click encircled ("ga-ip ha-gi") to register.
1.jpg (81.07 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
Image1.jpg
click circled icon to go to clubbox page
Image1.jpg (24.19 KiB) Viewed 15210 times

yinki

Postby yinki » Tue May 10, 2005 5:24 pm

Geez, thank zdoon, it is so helpful when one knows korean. And i thought that was an error message, i feel so dump now.

kukuri
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby kukuri » Tue May 10, 2005 9:11 pm

nitewind12 wrote:I got a question that might've been asked already but meh.
Does anyone else's fscagent thingy take up a lot of memory? It seems like the longer I leave the clubbox on the more memory it will eat up. It was eating up 222k memory.
Anyone else having these problems? :crazy:

I had a smiliar problem. One day when I try to download files, my cpu went up to 100 for fscagent and clubbox. So I uninstall and re-install it again and then I didn't have that problem anymore. :-)
Image Image

chardoney

Postby chardoney » Wed May 11, 2005 2:44 am

Anyone help me in avi_neo file? I can not play it in Window Media Player or Real Player? Thanks a lot!!!

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby kood » Wed May 11, 2005 3:13 am

chardoney wrote:Anyone help me in avi_neo file? I can not play it in Window Media Player or Real Player? Thanks a lot!!!

That's because the file isn't fully downloaded yet. It's incomplete. When it is complete, the .avi_NEO_ and .avi_CRCDATA_ (which remembers where to resume) will disappear, and you will have just one file with no .avi_NEO_ extension.

SSHunnie

Postby SSHunnie » Wed May 11, 2005 3:54 am

habukie wrote:
zdoon wrote:Here's a trick I learned, not sure if everyone doesn't already know it but anyway...

Sometimes I go to download something and the clubbox manager doesn't pop up or the files that I'm trying to download don't register in the manager.

Well, I used to hit refresh on that page and click "retry" (resend information) whenever this happens. I'd get clubbox going but only eventually, like only after many minutes of waiting or after lots of random refreshing and retrying.

Here's what I learned: Instead of clicking "retry," try clicking "cancel." I get the manager to pop up without fail now by doing that.

another way that works (the refresh thing never worked for me :-( ) is to right click on that pop-up window and change the encoding to 'Korean'. though it may already say that it is Korean encoding, just re-click on that. i can't remember where i read that originally, but it really works! i used it several times in succession, and now the download manager always starts up. :D

another trick is to press "ctrl + n" - it's easy and so far has worked each time I tried it! the same pop-up window will appear then disappear after the files automatically load into the download manager!

regarding korean encoding, is there a special program'file I need to install in order for the download manager to recognize Korean characters? my IE recognizes Korean characters on webpages and even the clubbox file download pop-up window but once it queue's into my box the Korean characters turn into gibberish.

is there a fix for this?

thx!

yuuki

Postby yuuki » Fri May 13, 2005 4:08 am

^ wow thanks for the tricks guys!
i tried the refresh thing, it doesn't work all the time.
i use to get angry when it never popped up =P

i have a question, what does the COUPONS do? like the 2gig, 5gigs and stuff?
im such a noob :mrgreen:

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby rainidy » Fri May 13, 2005 11:08 pm

yuuki wrote:^ wow thanks for the tricks guys!

Every hour you left clubbox on, you get 10 points. When you get like up to like 1000 points, you can get a 2gig coupon and use it to download quicker. The more points you save up, the bigger your coupons.

So far I saved up to 1900 points, but I'm planning to save to 3000 points to get a 10 gig coupon. :w00t:

yuuki

Postby yuuki » Fri May 13, 2005 11:53 pm

^ oh thanks! i bought a 2gig one yesterday and i wasnt sure what it does. ehee
now i just need to know how to use it? do i just click fast dl?

chiyoaiki

Postby chiyoaiki » Sat May 14, 2005 4:12 pm

rainidy wrote:
yuuki wrote:^ wow thanks for the tricks guys!

Every hour you left clubbox on, you get 10 points. When you get like up to like 1000 points, you can get a 2gig coupon and use it to download quicker. The more points you save up, the bigger your coupons.

So far I saved up to 1900 points, but I'm planning to save to 3000 points to get a 10 gig coupon. :w00t:

How can you find out how many points you get, and how to use the coupons?
Thanks.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Sat May 14, 2005 5:08 pm

chiyoaiki wrote:How can you find out how many points you get, and how to use the coupons?
Thanks.

You see your points on the mileage tab of the clubbox client. (You must be signed in!)
Your points are also on the top of every clubbox page in the status bar where your messages and points are shown. Mine looks like this (3120pts): " 쪽지2 상품권0 포인트0 바구니0 마일리지3,120 개인정보 ". You must be logged in to see that.

Jules wrote:is there a place to DL translated version of Hae Shin?

It's being released on the aznV tracker these days. Time to support some trackers again. ^_^
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | IRC ) ::..

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby gunjourui » Sun May 15, 2005 4:24 pm

MoerkJ wrote:
chiyoaiki wrote:How can you find out how many points you get, and how to use the coupons?
Thanks.

You see your points on the mileage tab of the clubbox client. (You must be signed in!)
Your points are also on the top of every clubbox page in the status bar where your messages and points are shown. Mine looks like this (3120pts): " 쪽지2 상품권0 포인트0 바구니0 마일리지3,120 개인정보 ". You must be logged in to see that.

yea, I figured it out as well, I mean about the number of points, but what does the rest of it mean? all that 쪽지2 상품권0 포인트0 바구니0

and btw, does anyone know where I can find Summer Scent with sub (350 version)?
Image Image
supporting Kanju

federika

Postby federika » Sun May 15, 2005 4:36 pm

I've tried to download but this clubbox need to log in, im registered , i log in but it dont work the same , after my log say -> There is not a knock-down road authority against a file. Whats mean? What can i do?

saku

Postby saku » Tue May 17, 2005 12:32 am

..Hi!

The app (clubbox.exe) always crashes when i download files, but when i upload to my box, it's fine o_O This is what happens all the time:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/saku11/blah.jpg

Any ideas on how i could fix this ><? I tried deleting those files in your system32 folder, and it nothing.
Last edited by saku on Tue May 17, 2005 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

dungeon86

Postby dungeon86 » Thu May 19, 2005 11:50 am

my clubbox suddenly turn into Bronze
is there any problem on it? :blink

adrian22

Postby adrian22 » Thu May 19, 2005 11:53 am

dungeon86 wrote:my clubbox suddenly turn into Bronze

i think that means not many ppl are d/ling from ur clubbox...i dont know korean but i haerd that they do inspect ur clubbox from time to time and if ur clubbox have not many d/ls ur clubbox is kinda...demoted

dungeon86

Postby dungeon86 » Thu May 19, 2005 11:58 am

adrian22 wrote:
dungeon86 wrote:my clubbox suddenly turn into Bronze

i think that means not many ppl are d/ling from ur clubbox...i dont know korean but i haerd that they do inspect ur clubbox from time to time and if ur clubbox have not many d/ls ur clubbox is kinda...demoted

OMG :cry:
how do i solve this problem?~~ somebody..... help me~~~~ :crazy: :cry:

Su

Postby Su » Thu May 19, 2005 12:06 pm

My club box this morning turned to bronze too :O
And in the left corner , it had a orange banner "Upgrade..."
But after that, it turned back to silver again . :blink
Can anyone explain it for me :unsure:

federika

Postby federika » Fri May 20, 2005 9:45 pm

Hi, i have now 1210 points on clubbox, i can click on 2 gb offer ( u must have not less 1000 points), someone can help me and tell me what i have to do to use this offer? its all in korean :blink

Saki>^.^<

Postby Saki>^.^< » Fri May 20, 2005 10:17 pm

^ First you need to buy the coupon with your milage points. Then you know when you download, there's the window that pops up that confirms what you want to download. On that screen, instead of clicking the regular white download button, you click the spiffy blue button. Then you'll have fast download for as many files you want until your gig limit on the cupon is up. I think all this is right, but I've never done this before, so don't hurt me if I'm wrong :roll

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby gunjourui » Fri May 20, 2005 11:10 pm

has anyone already changed the points into fast download coupon?
Image Image

supporting Kanju

federika

Postby federika » Sat May 21, 2005 6:49 am

Saki>^.^< wrote:^ First you need to buy the coupon with your milage points. Then you know when you download, there's the window that pops up that confirms what you want to download. On that screen, instead of clicking the regular white download button, you click the spiffy blue button. Then you'll have fast download for as many files you want until your gig limit on the cupon is up. I think all this is right, but I've never done this before, so don't hurt me if I'm wrong :roll

thank u for your help, but the problem is that its all in korean, so how im supposed to buy the 2gb coupon? there isnt a link with images and instructions? :cry:

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby son_yejin » Sat May 21, 2005 7:40 am

federika wrote:
Saki>^.^< wrote:^ First you need to buy the coupon with your milage points. Then you know when you download, there's the window that pops up that confirms what you want to download. On that screen, instead of clicking the regular white download button, you click the spiffy blue button. Then you'll have fast download for as many files you want until your gig limit on the cupon is up. I think all this is right, but I've never done this before, so don't hurt me if I'm wrong :roll

thank u for your help, but the problem is that its all in korean, so how im supposed to buy the 2gb coupon? there isnt a link with images and instructions? :cry:

Try this link: http://clubbox.blogspot.com/2005/05/quick-download-instructions.html
All credits go to ajune.... :roll

federika

Postby federika » Sat May 21, 2005 11:22 am

Thank u! i've seen the link it was just the link i was look for thank u!
Anyway...i have now another problem ( sorry u're the only ones that can help me ;_;)
now after i take the 2 gb offer its worse! Speed its really slow, 30/35 and it tell me this (Point use OP / COUPON 23P ( 2GB ??????) MIn.Speed Not,Points will not be deducted if cant reach the Minimum Speed)
Whats mean? What i have to do? :cry:

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby rainidy » Sat May 21, 2005 8:06 pm

federika wrote:Thank u! i've seen the link it was just the link i was look for thank u!
Anyway...i have now another problem ( sorry u're the only ones that can help me ;_;)
now after i take the 2 gb offer its worse! Speed its really slow, 30/35 and it tell me this (Point use OP / COUPON 23P ( 2GB ??????) MIn.Speed Not,Points will not be deducted if cant reach the Minimum Speed)
Whats mean? What i have to do? :cry:

Clubbox will not deduct points from your coupon if they do not reach the minimum speed of at least 50 kb/s or over. So you don't need to worry, sometimes clubbox just have slow speed, but if you leave it on longer, the speed will start increasing to over 50 kb/s, then they will start deducting points from your coupon.

boba

Postby boba » Sun May 22, 2005 1:54 am

hey ppl who are looking for subs,,,try going to here...http://subtitles.images.o2.cz/Mw...i think this site is very cool....i got windstruck subs from here...and they match...cd1 anyways...but i had to edit cd2...its not that hard though...but time consuming :glare: ....lets just say i havent finished watching it yet...hahhaha :lol
http://clubbox.co.kr/bobalicious -make me GOLD cause files deleted after 10 days is annoying; dont have much time to re-upl..upl might take a while.. ^_^

My Korean Movies/Dramas List (more but no time to update)
http://bobalici0us.blogspot.com/

Kazu-Chan

Postby Kazu-Chan » Sun May 22, 2005 3:31 pm

how do you put music on ur clubbox??

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby neonkinpatsu » Mon May 23, 2005 2:59 am

The basket downloading kicks much ass :mrgreen:
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iceberri » Mon May 23, 2005 4:13 am

neonkinpatsu wrote:The basket downloading kicks much ass :mrgreen:

what's basket downloading, neon?

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby neonkinpatsu » Mon May 23, 2005 10:17 am

iceberri wrote:
neonkinpatsu wrote:The basket downloading kicks much ass :mrgreen:

what's basket downloading, neon?

The thing where you check off all the files you want and click "basket" and all the files go into it. So you can put files from multiple user boxes all into your basket. Then, go to your basket, check them all off (well, the ones you want to do then), click for downloading, and every file you checked is queued into your clubbox client. No more fighting with individual windows that don't always catch! So if it doesn't catch, you only have to worry about one window to do f-11 for :lol

PinkieJosie

Postby PinkieJosie » Mon May 23, 2005 11:52 pm

i having serious problems in dlding in clubbox. before i had mai virus and everything i had the xp server pack 1 and there were absoulutely nooo problems in dlding from clubbox in IE. Now, mai cuzzin rebooted mai comp to server pack 2 everything seems to not work. BT is sooo bad and clubbox never works. I installed and uninstalled like 10 times nothing seems to get any better. It always tells me to continue installing. is freaking fustrating. I think server pakj 2 have to many security settings..even if i change them it doesnt work. Is is because of server pack 2 or wat?? man i guess i need to change back to server pack 1 is not much of a difference n i dink server pack one is much more easier to use.

please help thankss!!!

JadedAngel

Postby JadedAngel » Tue May 24, 2005 12:28 pm

PinkieJosie wrote:i having serious problems in dlding in clubbox. before i had mai virus and everything i had the xp server pack 1 and there were absoulutely nooo problems in dlding from clubbox in IE. Now, mai cuzzin rebooted mai comp to server pack 2 everything seems to not work. BT is sooo bad and clubbox never works. I installed and uninstalled like 10 times nothing seems to get any better. It always tells me to continue installing. is freaking fustrating. I think server pakj 2 have to many security settings..even if i change them it doesnt work. Is is because of server pack 2 or wat?? man i guess i need to change back to server pack 1 is not much of a difference n i dink server pack one is much more easier to use.

please help thankss!!!

That was happening to me awhile back. But once i got rid of service pack 2 everything worked fine again. I just think that one of the settings was holding back the connections, so going back to service pack 1 should be ok. After all, there's nothing really in service pack 2 that you really need. So try that, and if it still doesn't work you can always re-install the sp2 later. :-)

scott12199

Postby scott12199 » Tue May 24, 2005 11:12 pm

JadedAngel wrote:
PinkieJosie wrote:i having serious problems in dlding in clubbox. before i had mai virus and everything i had the xp server pack 1 and there were absoulutely nooo problems in dlding from clubbox in IE. Now, mai cuzzin rebooted mai comp to server pack 2 everything seems to not work. BT is sooo bad and clubbox never works. I installed and uninstalled like 10 times nothing seems to get any better. It always tells me to continue installing. is freaking fustrating. I think server pakj 2 have to many security settings..even if i change them it doesnt work. Is is because of server pack 2 or wat?? man i guess i need to change back to server pack 1 is not much of a difference n i dink server pack one is much more easier to use.

please help thankss!!!

That was happening to me awhile back. But once i got rid of service pack 2 everything worked fine again. I just think that one of the settings was holding back the connections, so going back to service pack 1 should be ok. After all, there's nothing really in service pack 2 that you really need. So try that, and if it still doesn't work you can always re-install the sp2 later. :-)

service pack 2 is the sh*t.

JadedAngel

Postby JadedAngel » Wed May 25, 2005 12:09 pm

Can anyone help me? I was uploading to my clubbox when my computer started freezing up on me and I had to reupload. But now my box lists 3 repeats of the same file. How do I delete the other files and keep the one I want? Its probably something very simple but since I don't understand Korean i don't know what to do. :blink

Btw, no one still doesn't know how to add music to the clubbox?

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Wed May 25, 2005 3:38 pm

JadedAngel wrote:Can anyone help me? I was uploading to my clubbox when my computer started freezing up on me and I had to reupload. But now my box lists 3 repeats of the same file. How do I delete the other files and keep the one I want? Its probably something very simple but since I don't understand Korean i don't know what to do. :blink

When you're logged in in your clubbox you will see a small little red cross (actually a white cross on a red ground, haha). Click that and the file will be deleted.

JadedAngel wrote:Btw, no one still doesn't know how to add music to the clubbox?

You can add either these 5 lines as introduction to your clubbox or a little piece of html code. When you know how to program a html page then it should be a piece of cake. (hint: embed an audio file in the html code. If you don't know how to do it then just look at somebody else's html code.)

JadedAngel

Postby JadedAngel » Wed May 25, 2005 3:52 pm

MoerkJ wrote:When you're logged in in your clubbox you will see a small little red cross (actually a white cross on a red ground, haha). Click that and the file will be deleted.

You can add either these 5 lines as introduction to your clubbox or a little piece of html code. When you know how to program a html page then it should be a piece of cake. (hint: embed an audio file in the html code. If you don't know how to do it then just look at somebody else's html code.)

Oh, I see! Thanks for the info MoerkJ! Lol, now I guess its time that I dust off all the html books I have sititng at home. :lol

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Postby Kai Lien » Wed May 25, 2005 7:40 pm

cloudman wrote:I had the same problem too. Found one Gold Clubbox with the same message. I've add myself to the Clubbox member list but still didnt allow me to download. I think it only allow contributors to the specified Clubbox. Hope someone can confirm on that.

I hope someone has the answer for us soon. Because I have had no problems downloading from lollo's box which is gold too...

Some questions...
- How do you know when your inspection day is?
- Is there a way to upload stuff on other people's boxes?
- How to put an ad on that clubbox blog? :P
Last edited by Kai Lien on Wed May 25, 2005 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zdoon » Wed May 25, 2005 8:01 pm

Kai Lien wrote:
cloudman wrote:I had the same problem too. Found one Gold Clubbox with the same message. I've add myself to the Clubbox member list but still didnt allow me to download. I think it only allow contributors to the specified Clubbox. Hope someone can confirm on that.

I hope someone has the answer for us soon. Because I have had no problems downloading from lollo's box which is gold too...

Go here, I explain what that is and how to sign up.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... ht=#157003

Some clubboxes require the approval of the owner, in addition. But I'm not sure.
Must-watch drama: Sharp 1 & 2 and Buhwal

felinewong

Postby felinewong » Thu May 26, 2005 1:45 am

hmm, when i dl this avi file, in the clubbox download box it says its 100% complete
but in the directory folder where i saved it, its still in 2 seperate files (AVI_CRCDATA_File) and (AVI_NEO_File) which i cant open.

anyone know what i should do?

wachi

Postby wachi » Thu May 26, 2005 2:08 am

felinewong wrote:hmm, when i dl this avi file, in the clubbox download box it says its 100% complete
but in the directory folder where i saved it, its still in 2 seperate files (AVI_CRCDATA_File) and (AVI_NEO_File) which i cant open.

anyone know what i should do?

If it was completed, change the AVI_NEO_File into an AVI file by adding the .avi after the filename. That works for me. :)

Kai Lien wrote:Some questions...

1. Go to your folder, the inspection date is on the right in red. It should be under your points, amount MB used and transfer, etc.
2. Yes, if you have their permission and they'll add you to their list or some sort.
3. What kind of ad? Like whenever you upload something and you want it updated on the list? Just add a comment on the blog, ajune will add your files or your clubbox.

Hope that helps :)

cloudman

Postby cloudman » Thu May 26, 2005 3:39 am

zdoon wrote:
Kai Lien wrote:

Go here, I explain what that is and how to sign up.

Some clubboxes require the approval of the owner, in addition. But I'm not sure.

Yes your right. I was unable to download from a specify clubbox, eventhough i added myself to the clubbox. But today, i tried again and i got in and able to download from the clubbox. I guess some clubboxes require the approval of the owner, which in such case, you need to check back in a few days, hopefully the owner has approved your access.

One thing i like to ask, if the owner of a clubbox wanted to contact me, how do they go about doing that ? Do they email me or send a message to my clubbox ?

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Postby Kai Lien » Thu May 26, 2005 6:22 pm

how fast is the quick mileage supposed to be? cuz I am gettin the same speeds. :glare:

wachi wrote:
Kai Lien wrote:Some questions...

1. Go to your folder, the inspection date is on the right in red. It should be under your points, amount MB used and transfer, etc.
2. Yes, if you have their permission and they'll add you to their list or some sort.
3. What kind of ad? Like whenever you upload something and you want it updated on the list? Just add a comment on the blog, ajune will add your files or your clubbox.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, wachi! Except, I dunno how to add a comment on the blog lol.

felinewong

Postby felinewong » Fri May 27, 2005 12:27 am

heres mine clubbox link http://clubbox.co.kr/felinewong
in the process of uploading some more movies and ueto aya stuff :-)

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby neonkinpatsu » Fri May 27, 2005 1:52 am

Oh man, so close yet so far. I want to get 5000 points and cash it in for my first quick download coupon! I only have 4310 points so far....I'm hoping to get to 5000 this week~!

Mikey.G.

Postby Mikey.G. » Fri May 27, 2005 4:02 am

Can someone please help me, I been downloading from Clubbox fine until today!

I keep getting the screen shown in attachment below...

I uninstalled it using the uninstaller, reinstalled and also tried doing it manually shown in the tutorial of Purple. But it still gives me the same window...

I had service pack 2 from the beginning and have not installed any new applications. What's wrong?
Attachments
screen.JPG
screen.JPG (43.26 KiB) Viewed 4678 times
The sky is a limit.

bbsvr6vento

Postby bbsvr6vento » Fri May 27, 2005 4:28 am

Right click on the window and click on "refresh". A window will pop up, click "cancel" and your download should start.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby TNF » Fri May 27, 2005 4:41 am

Press ctrl-N on that window, it works for me
Watching: IWGP, My Boss My Hero, Hakusen Nagashi, Tiger & Dragon, Over the Rainbow

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Postby habukie » Fri May 27, 2005 4:57 am

^^there are so many methods people use so that window goes away and the download starts. my preference is to right-click and go to encoding. then click on Korean (it may already be on Korean, but just click on it anyways.) it always works for me.

read through the thread for other methods. :D

Mikey.G.

Postby Mikey.G. » Fri May 27, 2005 5:26 am

감사 all, I tried all methods in the thread and tikleabubble's simple method works great!

감사! :P
The sky is a limit.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mangosteen » Fri May 27, 2005 6:55 am

habukie wrote:^^there are so many methods people use so that window goes away and the download starts. my preference is to right-click and go to encoding. then click on Korean (it may already be on Korean, but just click on it anyways.) it always works for me.

read through the thread for other methods. :D

Haven't tried this, but Ctrl-N never works for me. It turned my computer crazy 8)

alina

Postby alina » Fri May 27, 2005 12:46 pm

For the past days I've been downloading a lot from clubboxes. And suddenly I notice my upload has been at least doubled what it normally would be. I've checked for virusses, trojans, dialers etc but couldn't find any. Then I came across this article. Anyone can verify if it's true what's been said in that article?
If it's true I'm really disappointed in clubbox doing such a thing without any notice.

JadedAngel

Postby JadedAngel » Fri May 27, 2005 12:55 pm

alina wrote:For the past days I've been downloading a lot from clubboxes. And suddenly I notice my upload has been at least doubled what it normally would be. I've checked for virusses, trojans, dialers etc but couldn't find any. Then I came across this article. Anyone can verify if it's true what's been said in that article?
If it's true I'm really disappointed in clubbox doing such a thing without any notice.

Yeah this same topic was brought up early on in the beginning pages of this thread by BT-Slut and some others. It does suck, but it shouldn't be totally unexpected. After all, the usage of clubbox is free, so I figured there would have to be something to offset this.

laoniu

Postby laoniu » Fri May 27, 2005 3:56 pm

I use Linux , and I haven't yet been able to get this clubbox thing to work :x .
(Of course, since .exe 's don't work in linux, and clubbox requires to install their little program, which uses Active X , a microsoft-only form of scripting with documented security issues) :cussing:
Why make it so complicated with all these specific software like fscagent: if the aim is to allow download, there are (thank god) already protocols that work very well for this, like ftp (and even http doesnt require to install 2 special pieces of software)
Besides, when tried from a windows PC, I found a lot of interference with the firewall, and unstable behaviour as a result...
STILL,
if someone knows the method to get this to work on *nix, I'm willing to give it a shot.
thanks

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Problems with uploading

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Fri May 27, 2005 5:02 pm

Trying to upload something to my clubbox for the 2nd time. The first time worked except for the fact that I inadvertently limit my own upload speed to Clubbox. Anyways, this time around, it seems that I needed to install some upload.cab file, which I did. Afterwards, I was shown a window which allows me to select which file to upload and to which directory. The problem I'm having is that after I click what I assume to be "okay/submit", I'm presented with the following window:

Since I can't read a word of korean, I haven't the slightest clue where I have gone wrong. So, any help on enlightening me as to what this window is trying to tell me would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LittleGreenGrasshopper on Fri May 27, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the VSS. Always on the lookout for good seeders.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Fri May 27, 2005 8:34 pm

JadedAngel wrote:
alina wrote:For the past days I've been downloading a lot from clubboxes. And suddenly I notice my upload has been at least doubled what it normally would be. I've checked for virusses, trojans, dialers etc but couldn't find any. Then I came across this article. Anyone can verify if it's true what's been said in that article?

Yeah this same topic was brought up early on in the beginning pages of this thread by BT-Slut and some others. It does suck, but it shouldn't be totally unexpected. After all, the usage of clubbox is free, so I figured there would have to be something to offset this.

uhm, please post some screenshots that proves that clubbox.exe or fscagent.exe is uploading a lot of data. I couldn't notice anything like that. I'm afraid the upload traffic that you noticed is something else, or you mixed Bytes/s with KBytes/s in your trafficmeter. See more on that in my quote below. The above mentioned article didn't provided any proof either. I really wanna know if this is true or just some hoax.

MoerkJ wrote:
BT-Slut wrote:Clubbox shouldn't be requiring any upload speed, although I believe it uses a form of BT technology where downloaders are also uploading to other users who are downloading the same file. I can see it sometimes uploading lots of data.

Hmm, check again. Are you by any chance confusing "bytes per second" with "kbytes per second"? I did that the first time I checked the traffic. With clubbox you have constant ack traffic in the upload path in the 20-40 bytes/s region. After 1-2 hours downloading a 700MB file it summarized to 700MB dl and 240KB ul traffic. That's only ack traffic of the client. Every webbrowser creates some traffic in the upload path when requesting webpages etc. That's normal protocol traffic. The clubbox client isn't much different. So far I only noticed upload traffic when I uploaded an original file (which isn't on any other clubbox yet).

here is my example:
you'll see that the y-axis of the download traffic meter is kB but the upload axis is only bytes.
The client just "uploaded" about 250KB of messages to download a 700MB file. That is normal communication overhead.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zdoon » Fri May 27, 2005 9:10 pm

^ Clubbox does indeed upload but not always. My upload bandwidth is capped at 45 kb/s. Yesterday, for instance, looking at the gauge of dumeter I noticed uploading at 45 kb/s +. There's no mistaking it. That is 45 kilobytes a second. I had no bt going or emule going and I was not even downloading anything from clubbox nor did I have anything recently downloaded from clubbox..As soon as I moved my drama folders to a different location on my computer that traffic promptly stopped. Which is strange. I probed this out and put those folders (containing avi for different shows) back and noticed the upload traffic going on again. I took out the folders again- all without having to shutdown clubbox, mind you - and traffic stopped again.

So what's going on? I have no idea. :lol I didn't realize that clubbox can download from folders - keep in mind, I had no files in the clubbox dl directory- and had only folders there. I now have a dl folder for Clubbox seperate from where I store my dramas.

Since I can't read a word of korean, I haven't the slightest clue where I have gone wrong. So, any help on enlightening me as to what this window is trying to tell me would be much appreciated.

LGG, that message basically says something about server or memory (?) capacity and that it's at its limit and that you should try again at a later time.

tokyo shounen

Postby tokyo shounen » Fri May 27, 2005 9:11 pm

i also feel that clubbox takes all my bandwich sometimes :P
"Let's make today another great day!"

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Fri May 27, 2005 9:20 pm

MoerkJ wrote:uhm, please post some screenshots that proves that clubbox.exe or fscagent.exe is uploading a lot of data. I couldn't notice anything like that. I'm afraid the upload traffic that you noticed is something else, or you mixed Bytes/s with KBytes/s in your trafficmeter. See more on that in my quote below. The above mentioned article didn't provided any proof either. I really wanna know if this is true or just some hoax.

Can't confirm if it's a hoax or not, but I have noticed quite a bit more activity with the fscagent. I've attached the fscagent activity on my PC for the past while... notice that my download is in kBs while the upload is in MBs. Something fishy is going on :crazy:
Attachments
fscagent.jpg
fscagent.jpg (50.04 KiB) Viewed 4808 times

riiko

Postby riiko » Fri May 27, 2005 9:39 pm

Here is my screen shot too...

I thought maybe I did confuse the bytes/KBs, so I turned off the limit speed for fscagent.exe. When I checked back 10-20min later, it had already uploaded 50MB and hogged half my UL speed while uploading something else to Clubbox. >.>

sukida

clubbox executive summary

Postby sukida » Fri May 27, 2005 11:46 pm

the "official" thread is 41 pages long, so here is a summary. please correct it!

o it's like an ftp site you can upload to
o it only works on windows
o you have to use proprietary software that does nobody-except-them-knows-what
o it uploads who knows what from your hd unpredictably
o it is entirely in korean

is that right?

sukida

Postby sukida » Fri May 27, 2005 11:54 pm

p.s. i do not mean to disparage clubbox or those who like it.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Sat May 28, 2005 12:44 am

hmm, interesting screenshots so far. :thumright:

My above capture was from the Clubbox File Transfer Manager (clubbox.exe) and did only reflect the expected file traffic during a download.

The fscagent traffic seems to be more interesting. Below there is a capture of my usual fscagent traffic activity and of the monthly traffic stats. I had the agent constanly running this month until the 18th. Besides from the 4th May I see no alarming numbers. I don't know yet what kind of data the fscagent exchanges. But I suggest to use an empty folder as the "Down Folder" and to move all finished downloads to another folder or disk.

I will check later what kind of data my fscagent.exe exchanges with net-pdbox.co.kr:19601. It's time to do some packet-sniffing. :mrgreen:

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote:I've attached the fscagent activity on my PC for the past while... notice that my download is in kBs while the upload is in MBs. Something fishy is going on

hmm, 17MB in 3 days (since 5/24/2005) that isn't really scary. But in contrast to my log your traffic is more bulky. It would be interesting to know what kind of data your fscagent has sent. :|
Attachments
MoerkJ_fscagent_stats_may2005.png
hmm, on some days the ul traffic is a bit much... 707MB on May/4/2005 (ouch)
MoerkJ_fscagent_stats_may2005.png (15.26 KiB) Viewed 4703 times
MoerkJ_fscagent_activity.png
my fscagent.exe periodically exchanges very small packages (40-80 bytes) with net-pdbox.co.kr:19601
MoerkJ_fscagent_activity.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 4702 times

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Sat May 28, 2005 12:51 am

MoerkJ wrote:hmm, 17MB in 3 days (since 5/24/2005) that isn't really scary. But in contrast to my log your traffic is more bulky. It would be interesting to know what kind of data your fscagent has sent. :|

That's because it's capped to 1kBs... initially it was going pretty wild... 11MB in an hour? ... but it is irratic tho... burst of traffic, it would seem... sinister intentions, I detect... anyways, I'm kind of curious as to what type of constant info they need to upload (this is looking at riiko's graph).

cloudman

Postby cloudman » Sat May 28, 2005 1:06 am

Keep us update, MoerkJ

I'm also interest on what clubbox do behind the scene.

uniquo

Postby uniquo » Sun May 29, 2005 1:39 am

I'm tryting to d/l dragon love and I get this message

파일에 대한 다운로드 권한이 없습니다.

준회원 이상만 다운로드 하실 수 있습니다.

what does it mean? the clubbox is gold coloured

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Sun May 29, 2005 1:55 am

uniquo wrote:파일에 대한 다운로드 권한이 없습니다.

준회원 이상만 다운로드 하실 수 있습니다.

Babelfish translates this to the funny "There is not a knock-down road authority against a file. Only above the member whom it gives the knock-down road there is a possibility of doing."

So, I guess you need the box owner's consent to be able to download. Wow, I cannot believe that I could understand the babelfish translation this time. I wish it would be always so easy to understand.
:rofl:

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Sun May 29, 2005 1:58 am

MoerkJ wrote:Babelfish translates this to the funny "There is not a knock-down road authority against a file. Only above the member whom it gives the knock-down road there is a possibility of doing."

So, I guess you need the box owner's consent to be able to download. Wow, I cannot believe that I could understand the babelfish translation this time. I wish it would be always so easy to understand.
:rofl:

:lol :lol .... interesting translation.... but you know what... if anyone could make sense of that, I'd thought it'd be you, Mork :roll ... :mrgreen:

uniquo

Postby uniquo » Sun May 29, 2005 3:03 am

how to ask for permission to d/l ? I don't know korean

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zdoon » Sun May 29, 2005 3:15 am

uniquo wrote:I'm tryting to d/l dragon love and I get this message

파일에 대한 다운로드 권한이 없습니다.

준회원 이상만 다운로드 하실 수 있습니다.

what does it mean? the clubbox is gold coloured

check this post>

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Sun May 29, 2005 3:24 am

zdoon wrote:LGG, that message basically says something about server or memory (?) capacity and that it's at its limit and that you should try again at a later time.

First, thanks for the answer, zdoon...
and secondly,
:wub: where are people getting these crazy sequences ... I like your sig :mrgreen:

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zdoon » Sun May 29, 2005 3:48 am

I'm glad you like the gif. It's actress "Binwoo"; it's from an ep of Love Letter. She does that patented pointing thing before she starts rolling on the floor. :lol

Btw, awwwwwwwe ****! I just got over 5000 points and am now using quick download and am getting tremendous speeds. Currently getting over 460 kb/s average. :w000t:
Attachments
clubbox.jpg
clubbox.jpg (55.28 KiB) Viewed 5770 times

dunnie

Postby dunnie » Sun May 29, 2005 6:19 am

zdoon wrote:Btw, awwwwwwwe ****! I just got over 5000 points and am now using quick download and am getting tremendous speeds. Currently getting over 460 kb/s average. :w000t:

That's really fast! I've been trying to use my quick download for 2 weeks and have yet to go over 39kb/s...I think my giftcard will expire before I ever get to use any of the giftcard points :cry:

Btw, what kind of line do you have?