[Question] Subtitles Index

New D-Addicts phpBB3 forum discussions
qwert2812

[Question] Subtitles Index

Post by qwert2812 » Dec 30th, '14, 03:02

Subtitles Index at the old forum is where I looked for my want-to-watch drama's subtitles. I couldn't find it anywhere in this new forum, would you please show me how to get there so I could bookmark it please?

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Russia

Re: [Question] Subtitles Index

Post by Avallac'h » Dec 30th, '14, 06:16

Same here.
This is was my first question when I saw new forum.
Any chance to revive this page?
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 30th, '14, 06:42

All extras we added to the old board needs to be added to the new board.
You still have to wait for that until it has been implemented.

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Dec 30th, '14, 22:24

Hey the site looks great!! One question through will there be away to search for a specific subtitles topic like on the old site with using like google?? I have tried on here and it will not display the topic I'm looking for I used "Sakura" for example.. it did not pull up the topic for this sub page? Thank you for your help :)

cindy25a

Post by cindy25a » Dec 31st, '14, 00:18

there seems to be subs missing from the index. I checked to see if there was any update to Hanako to Anne, and I can't even find the old subs already posted. and the search shows nothing.

what am I doing wrong?

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Dec 31st, '14, 00:23

cindy25a wrote:there seems to be subs missing from the index. I checked to see if there was any update to Hanako to Anne, and I can't even find the old subs already posted. and the search shows nothing.

what am I doing wrong?
Its not that the subs are missing its that the search does not find them.. Same problem I'm having.. here is a link to the subs your looking for hope it helps. :) http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 3&t=155501

cindy25a

Post by cindy25a » Dec 31st, '14, 00:35

thanks

these boards normally work fine. I am a member of at least 3, all look the same. but I suppose there will be initial bugs.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 1st, '15, 01:36

the forum search of the new board isn't working properly yet because the software still didn't finish indexing all 1.2 million old posts.

indexing status so far:
All posts up to post id 816100 have now been indexed, of which 162 posts were within this step.
The current rate of indexing is approximately 6.2 posts per second.
Indexing in progress…
that is about 47,7% (816100 of 1711217) of all posts

also the forum search is limited. You cannot search for short words or common word.

You can try searching phrases using Google. For example search for phrase "All In" in the new board by entering

Code: Select all

"All In" site:d-addicts.com/forums/
or search all d-addicts sites with

Code: Select all

"All In" site:d-addicts.com

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Jan 1st, '15, 01:52

I just had a question about the fansub map, I see that the map is down and I was wondering if it was going to be back up or is the change over to this new site have something to do with it not being up anymore?? Thank You :)

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Jan 1st, '15, 02:01

erikai

Post by erikai » Jan 1st, '15, 14:30

i am still confused. :( i cannot find the subtitle i am looking for. (Switch Girl S01) it is on the old forum. but does not show up on the new one.

Candylemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Post by Candylemon » Jan 1st, '15, 15:03

erikai wrote:i am still confused. :( i cannot find the subtitle i am looking for. (Switch Girl S01) it is on the old forum. but does not show up on the new one.
The subs for Switch Girl Season 1 are here: viewtopic.php?t=127446.htm :-)
Last edited by Candylemon on Jan 2nd, '15, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

erikai

Post by erikai » Jan 2nd, '15, 10:22

thank you so much. :)

how did you find it? my search results would always direct me to the old one.

Candylemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Post by Candylemon » Jan 2nd, '15, 10:53

I found it on the old site, then changed "forum" to "forums" and "_" to ".php?t=" in the URL. For example:

Old site : https://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127446.htm
New site: https://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127446.htm

It works for any other subs you want to find, too. :-)

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 2nd, '15, 12:04

well, technically this isn't fully correct:

normal link to old forum thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127446
"pretty url" link to old forum thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127446.htm
link to new forum thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127446

the only difference is the additional "s" in the path ("forums" instead of "forum")
and we have no "pretty urls", anymore

using forum id parameters ("f=") is not necessary and should not be used, because the subtitle threads may be moved to different subforums

on fansub wiki you should use the new interwiki notation to link to forum topics

general format: [[daforum:<topic-id>|<text>]]
example: [[daforum:127446|Switch Girl softsubs]]
shows as: Switch Girl softsubs

until there exists a new subtitles index you can use the old one.
I will update the old index to use the "normal link" format instead of the "pretty links". The links will also point to the new forum now.

Candylemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Post by Candylemon » Jan 2nd, '15, 12:52

MoerkJ wrote:on fansub wiki you should use the new interwiki notation to link to forum topics

general format: [[daforum:<topic-id>|<text>]]
example: [[daforum:127446|Switch Girl softsubs]]
shows as: Switch Girl softsubs
Does that include on the fansub maps? Huyie has been converting all the old forum "pretty links" to new forum "normal links" on those.

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Jan 2nd, '15, 13:01

As MoerkJ has suggested for the fansub wiki, using the interwiki notation [[daforum:<topic-id>|<text>]] would be better.

I changed the existing ones on the fansub map to viewtopic.php?f={forumid}&t={topicid}.htm to make it easier for me to spot those subtitle threads that are still not included (mostly non-english ones). In hindsight, would have been wiser of me to have used viewtopic.php?t={topicid} initially, and then switch to the interwiki notation later on, once I get around to including those that are missing.

By all means change the JDrama fansub map to the new interwiki notation. It's the KDrama and CDrama maps that I've noticed missing the entries.

Candylemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Post by Candylemon » Jan 2nd, '15, 13:12

So if I'm adding new links to the map, I should use the interwiki notation from now on? I don't mind either way, I just don't want to create extra work by doing things the wrong way so they'll need changing. :-)

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Jan 2nd, '15, 13:16

Candylemon wrote:So if I'm adding new links to the map, I should use the interwiki notation from now on?
Short answer: Yes. There's hardly anyone editing the KDrama and CDrama ones at the moment, which is why I needed to use viewtopic.php?f={forumid}&t={topicid}.htm as a basic placeholder, so that it would stop redirecting to the old forum.

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Jan 3rd, '15, 01:39

I can not find the subs for Nobunaga no Chef s1 or s2?? I even went to the old site and changed the forums to forum and it did not find it at all?
I don't understand why the search is not working to simply find the titles for these shows...

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 3rd, '15, 02:32

1. go to the subtitle index page
2. use the browser search (ctrl+F under Windows) or scroll down until letter N...o...b...

The forum search is not fully working yet because only the posts until June 2012 are indexed yet.
Therefore you cannot find anything that was posted between June 2012 and end of December 2014.
(sorry, but rebuilding the search index of 1.2 million posts takes about a week.)

Indexing status is about 87,5% (1497000 of 1711217)

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Jan 3rd, '15, 02:34

MoerkJ wrote:1. go to the subtitle index page
2. use the browser search (ctrl+F under Windows) or scroll down until letter N...o...b...

The forum search is not fully working yet because only the posts until June 2012 are indexed yet.
Therefore you cannot find anything that was posted between June 2012 and end of December 2014.
(sorry, but rebuilding the search index of 1.2 million posts takes about a week.)

Indexing status is about 87,5% (1497000 of 1711217)
I can understand that thank you!! I'm sorry, not trying to be a pain :) U are doing a great job with the site thank you

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Jan 3rd, '15, 17:59

As i can see the subtitle index and some other link(s) are available on the top. :salut: As these are in the line of the breadcrumbs, it may look good at the board index page, but it seems odd (to me at least) in other parts of the board.
I suggest to float them to the right, if possible...