Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 30th, '12, 08:02

Oh.My.God.
:wub: :wub:
I definitely neglected this gem last few days. Thanks, Viande^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 30th, '12, 21:23

Nell - Seperation Anxiety

I think this was the first slow-paced song that I loved from k-pop(this isn't really kpop, though). Good old times...

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 1st, '12, 16:07

There is unbelievable amount of crying going on about Simon's & Martina's video about Shinhwa's comeback. It's really ridiculous how these teenagers (according to their ages stated there) are going rampart when people don't like their "legends"/"kpop gods"/whatever. Everyone must worship the legends of k-pop and dissing them is blasphemy. :roll I'm sorry Shinhwa teen fans but saying something is not that special is not same as bashing them. And their comeback wasn't that amazing unless you happen to be a Shinhwa fan or some brainless teenager who needs to boost their ego by praising old groups just because they're old. I really hate "but they're legends" argument (as much as "indie music is always better and mainstream is crap").

I thought the comeback album was alright but nothing godly that none of the new groups couldn't do. And I did try Shinhwa when I started listening k-pop but they weren't my cup of tea then.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '12, 16:42

SHINHWA are pillars of Kpop, but as you said, not everyone has to like them. I appreciate what they did to Kpop, but never was into them just because they are Gods of Kpop or any other nonsense crap.
The same with Rolling Stones, I can't believe a bunch of people who can't play their instruments or can't sing got this successful and received a "cult" status. I simply can't stand them. Even though some call them legend, rock'n'roll pillar etc. So what? I have to like it cause 400 millions people on earth like it? No.
SHINHWA is the same category.
I'm with you, Viande on this one.

I was never a big fan of MBLAQ as well, but kinda like this song.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 1st, '12, 16:48

Viande wrote:There is unbelievable amount of crying going on about Simon's & Martina's video about Shinhwa's comeback. It's really ridiculous how these teenagers (according to their ages stated there) are going rampart when people don't like their "legends"/"kpop gods"/whatever. Everyone must worship the legends of k-pop and dissing them is blasphemy. :roll I'm sorry Shinhwa teen fans but saying something is not that special is not same as bashing them. And their comeback wasn't that amazing unless you happen to be a Shinhwa fan or some brainless teenager who needs to boost their ego by praising old groups just because they're old. I really hate "but they're legends" argument (as much as "indie music is always better and mainstream is crap").

I thought the comeback album was alright but nothing godly that none of the new groups couldn't do. And I did try Shinhwa when I started listening k-pop but they weren't my cup of tea then.
Yea, I read those comments too. They kinda don't get that Simon and Martina are just stating their opinion about Shinhwa.

And I do agree with you. Even though I am kinda big fan of Shinhwa, I think that this album is kinda rubbish. It's pretty much exactly like DBSK's comeback. Just there aren't as many crazy fangirls left for Shinhwa, because those girls are now all grown up.

There are no long-time comebacks that are actually good. Big Bang included, because, let's be honest, no one ever expects anything good(or decent for that matter) from them.

Ethlenn, yup, that MBLAQ song was unexpectedly good. Unlike follow-up song. :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 1st, '12, 17:26

Indeed, Shinhwa is defiently one of the major pillars of k-pop but it doesn't mean everyone must like them or that everything they do is amazing.

Have I said it already how much I love this forum? It's so nice vent here without people taking it personally. ^^

This is war is nice, rest of the album was a bit disappointing though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '12, 18:00

Viande wrote:
Have I said it already how much I love this forum? It's so nice vent here without people taking it personally. ^^
Yes, especially when we can even insult our most loved ones (Jong, he got verbally abused by me so many times already).
I stopped going on lj communities and AKP or other teens filled fora. They make my blood boil, but I don't want to die from stress and stroke yet. Here, on D-A, we rarely agree but we don't take things personally. I hope.

As for worshipping... I love former DBSK, but I absolutely hate what they did in Japan even though I got to know them through j-music in 2006. I love Infinite, but I absolutely hate She's Back, and if my friend didn't send me one link, it might have taken 2 more months for me to redicover them.
Liking some group is fine, but let's not be blinded by this.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 1st, '12, 18:13

Ethlenn wrote:
Viande wrote:
Yes, especially when we can even insult our most loved ones (Jong, he got verbally abused by me so many times already).
I stopped going on lj communities and AKP or other teens filled fora. They make my blood boil, but I don't want to die from stress and stroke yet. Here, on D-A, we rarely agree but we don't take things personally. I hope.
Yes, indeed, it's completely true.

History of Salaryman OST. I like it quite a lot.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 1st, '12, 18:37

Yeah, we rarely agree but when we do, we agree with passion like with INFINITE. :mrgreen: Even though our biases are different. Or actually I don't know who's my bias anymore; Dongwoo has been messing up with my bias list lately.

Salaryman is such a great drama in every aspect.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 2nd, '12, 11:33

ULTIMATE K-POP SONG
My eyes and ears are bleeding...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 2nd, '12, 14:00

Ethlenn wrote:ULTIMATE K-POP SONG
My eyes and ears are bleeding...
WHAT THE F... IS THAT? The guy(I suppose) has really wasted his time making this. It makes... no sense at all. Just nonrhythmic random sounds, kinda like last few SuJu's songs, really. :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 2nd, '12, 14:19

While walking back home from school, I wondered - how many times I've listened to this song? :
BtoB - Imagine

I connected my ipod and checked out the play count. Here it is(last column) :

And the play count is only on my Ipod, I can't even imagine how many times I've listened to this song on my computer, and how many times re-watched performances etc... And it hasn't been long since the group debuted... it really hasn't been that long... I just love the song. And their title song is awesome, too, but not as much.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 2nd, '12, 14:50

What, you don't like DJ Masa?!? He's awesome, I love his mashups! I thought that was funny one. :mrgreen:

Also, I don't know how I have managed to not see this before but damn I died of laughter thanks to this one:
왜, 샤이보이? (Why, Shy Boy?) TVXQ vs. Secret mashup :rofl:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 2nd, '12, 15:03

Viande wrote:What, you don't like DJ Masa?!? He's awesome, I love his mashups! I thought that was funny one. :mrgreen:

Also, I don't know how I have managed to not see this before but damn I died of laughter thanks to this one:
왜, 샤이보이? (Why, Shy Boy?) TVXQ vs. Secret mashup :rofl:
I really don't like that song(not saying anything about the guy). But I don't like mashups in general.

But that Why, Shy Boy was funny indeed :D Sounds a lot better like this :D And this comment is totally right "better than both of the originals..." :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 2nd, '12, 21:26

Jeez, thanks a lot... I keep playing this one all day. I love Masa's imagination.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 5th, '12, 20:28

OMFG, check this out guys! It's a sub-group of one of my most favorite groups - One Way(they aren't that popular, so you most likely don't know them). One Way is a group that consist of 3 members, and sub-group is 2 of them, not exactly sure why. But, nonetheless, the song is just awesome and it's completely in English and their English, I have to say, is amazing. Mostly because the vocal singer is from the USA or Australia(not sure), but rapper, as far as I know, isn't but his English is pretty much flawless.

And here it is :

This song doesn't feel that kpopish and actaully is something that I could share to my friends. And, at least I, loved it right from the first time.

EDIT:
Ye, I totally forgot. These two wrote Suju Donghae's and Eunhyuk's Oppa Has Arrived.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 8th, '12, 23:24

Watched today's Inkigayo.

Even though, I had no hopes and interestest in Exo's debut, I was still very amazed by the fact that they both songs 100% lipsynced. I was almost laughing about the fact that they lipsynced some follow-up song, but when the time came for their title song and it turned out to be 100% lipsync I was almost crying from laughing. Sorry, but I don't think that I've seen any(from this generation idols) debut that was 100% lipsync. Maybe autotune, yes, and it's, imho, is forgivable but lipsync...
And the dancing. Erm, I have to say - sorry, SME, it was nothing special. Like nothing at all. And there were like billion teasers that, as I heard, was all some dance teasers...
But the song 'Mama' isn't actually as bad as I though it would be. I though it will be something like SuJu's songs that only fangirls are able to listen to. But this song was kinda considerable. But I do hate that Exo sounds EXACTLY LIKE SHINEE AND DBSK COMBINED. Shinee and DBSK has like nothing in common(what I really respect), but they combine them and you can clearly hear it. Seems like a cheap rip-off, actually. Something like some 3rd world country pop star's rip-off(like we've seen).
But I do hope that they are better than they seem(are made?), because I really don't want one more group from SME to be like... crap. Yeah, not he biggest fan of SME.
I have to mention this - they look like few rebellious 6th graders. And that isn't a good thing.

Oh, and I saw(on something forum-ish) that some Latvian fangirls went crazy about Exo's MV and debut, I just sincerely want to hit them with a hammer. How can one be so... obsessed(not really the word I was searching for) and fangirl-ish. These kind of people is what actually made totalitarianism(not literally of course).

I saw no teasers of BtoB what so ever, yet their debut was just awesome. In every single aspect. I do not fear to say that it's the best male-group debut this year(at least for now). And yes, I counted Exo in.

I seem like a hater bit its not hating. I sincerly want them to be good(who wouldnt want a few more addictive and good songs).

By the way, girls, I seem to grow to like the Shinee's song. I remember when I got to know the title of the song(Sherlock). I thought - seriously, what the f**k? But they still made it quite catchy.

Ok, it's late, I hope this makes any sense at all, because it's 2:23 AM right now and I am kind of tired but I felt the obligation to write here, even though I am the only one that actually writes something in this thread Image

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 9th, '12, 22:34

It's even more ridiculous how people are defending them/SM that it's no big deal if their debut was lip-synced. :roll When did people become so stupid? Now it's ok that groups debut without even singing live? I thought only hopeless groups (like Chi Chi) debut lip-syncing Even though I don't like it, it's fine if you occationally (because of tight scedules) lipsync on your other performances but not on debut. You can debut only once and you shoud give your best then. Debut schedules shouldn't be so tight that you can't even rest that one night and give your best first performance. :|

About Mama. I thought it was more like mix of SuJu and TVXQ. It wasn't that much SHINee's style like History was (mix of SuJu, TVXQ and SHINee). Anyway, seems that they won't have their own style or their style is just mix of old groups. :roll Three of their three promoted songs were mixtures of previous SM boy groups...

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 10th, '12, 16:52

ok watched the exo-m and exo k mv for mama. I also watched their "debut" yeah not quite impressed with them or with the concept sm has for the group(s?) and the video. I was a little confused about the video at first because the english(don't know if it was just their translation but it did not make sense and seemed contradictory to me) whatever it was just a video so i can let that go and I actually quite liked the video( I am all into superheros so that was cool for me.) I actually really like the song mainly because it has what i like. I am used to hearing chanting and screaming in death metal and goth songs(yeah my taste is.....eclectic) but in a pop song? can't remember ever hearing that. It was interesting for me and I also liked some of the choreography. Oh and the facial art was cool. The debut on the other hand was laughable. I also dislike how SM used so many teasers and hyped it all up like we are supposed to be fooled into thinking they are so great and epic. Oh and the history. Real talent doesn't need that much of a backstory, There are few groups/singers for me that I will like all or almost all of what they do and become a fan(like tvxq and now JYJ). I save that for the truly talented/or ones I love just because but mama is going in my (like the song not the group category). Take be my baby(wondergirls) I do not like girl groups except 2ne1 but this song is totally addicting for me.

I am really liking Phantom. They are talented and I like that fact that they seem to not like censorship and Sanchez's voice is sooo good. Like 19 song and hole in your face. Busker Busker is a new favorite for me too. listening to them is like taking a stroll in a field with wild flowers on a sunny day with a breeze blowing through my hair.......was that too much :P If anyone knows more like this please tell me. sorry i am so longwinded.
Last edited by jubies33 on Apr 10th, '12, 17:59, edited 6 times in total.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 10th, '12, 17:19

I don't care for snsd but this version of the boys i quite like

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 10th, '12, 17:26

Open World Entertainment CEO arrested for alleged sexual harassment on artists and trainees

Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all. I doubt this is the only case. It's disgusting how people use their power to sexually harass young girls and boys. :crazy:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 10th, '12, 18:11

Viande wrote:Open World Entertainment CEO arrested for alleged sexual harassment on artists and trainees

Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all. I doubt this is the only case. It's disgusting how people use their power to sexually harass young girls and boys. :crazy:
I have never understood how one can rape a guy. Maybe a 10 year old but not like 20 year old like X-5.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 10th, '12, 19:56

I'm not sure what you don't understand, how a man can be raped by another man or the situation? I'm not going to explain the first one as I assume you know how and on second the answer is fear of losing what you have achieved. We're talking about man who has power to kick you out if you don't please him. And trainees are young and might not know that not all adults can be trusted. I feel bad for them. :cry:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 10th, '12, 20:35

I am not quite sure what your saying but its sounding kind of.....insensitive. That is if you mean how can a man let another man rape him. It can certainly happen. In army men have gotten raped by their superiors before. These are strong men going up against other strong men and not feeling like they can do anything about it because they are intimidated by their power. I am sure there are a lot more cases we don't hear about too(both men and women) because I wouldn't imagine its easy to come forward and say you got raped, especially when your a man. It's probably a lot like that with these trainees both boys and girls. I would hope they know they didn't do anything to deserve such harassment. Rapists and molesters should just go to hell.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 10th, '12, 20:45

Neliets wrote: I have never understood how one can rape a guy. Maybe a 10 year old but not like 20 year old like X-5.
Nothing different to raping 20-yo girl. You really are young and apparently sometimes make such under-thought statements...
Rape is always, ALWAYS, a tragedy, regardless of age and gender. It's more disturbing when the victim is a kid, but in overall, it's no different in any age.
It's hideous when someone uses their power to make others succumb to their wishes, it's hideous when 'mighty' people sweep this under the carpet.
K-entertainment had many deaths of female starlets, and always there was some 'sex-forcing' in the background.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 11th, '12, 05:26

for anyone who cares..........more from Phantom

wish i could download this version so bad

can't believe it when they sat on her..love these guys.

warning explicit

i just love how they roll.....pfft

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 11th, '12, 06:42

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 11th, '12, 08:51

Thanks for the nell, Ecchan. Exactly right for my mood this morning :*

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 11th, '12, 18:36

thanks. I love Nell. just downloaded a few tunes this morning in fact.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 13th, '12, 13:19

Nell. Huh. Good, old times. Pretty much the first k-ballad artist that I I liked. Seperation anxiety... mm... brings back the memories.

Ladies, unfortunately, I have to admit - I have come to like Exo-K's song Mama. I don't like the group but I enjoy song. To be completely honest, I only like the chorus of the song. The metal-kinda-screaming part I hate. I am a veteran in heavy music, and I can say that the metal-kinda-part is quite bad. BUT I REALLY DO APPRECIATE THE IDEA. And I can imagine how awesome it could sound in a Kpop song, but it has to be done right! But I still laugh at them lipsyncing in performances... Bwahahhaa.

EDIT: Just watched Music Bank. They sang a bit live there. And they sang just like I thought they would(not the best live singing, but way batter than lipsync).

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 17th, '12, 10:18

[Review] EXO ‘Mama’
Exactly my thoughts about EXO's debut album. Well, except for Angel, because I don't care that kind of songs and thought it was boring. But I guess some fans do. And to me Machine had a bit of SNSD's The Boys in it. Anyhow, EXO's album was still a mix of their senior's syles. We'll see if they ever get their own style or will they be just a new money making machine for SM entertainment.

Their first live singing performance of History was quite bad but MAMA was ok. Music Core sounded a bit better but their dancing looked sloppy and they looked really exhausted. Their debut was defiently not as good as hyped but not as horrible as lipsyncing would suggest. They were ok live performances for rookies, not as great as their previous labelmates though. And I mean their first live debuts, which I watched again for comparison.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 18th, '12, 08:09

Well, to their defence - debut stages rarely are flawless. We all remember DBSK right?
That doesn't make me fan of theirs either. Anyway, how long have they been in training?

May made another parody - EXO-K - MAMA

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 18th, '12, 09:36

Of course debuts aren't perfect. I'm just refering to the hype they had and how they debuted with lip-syncing and didn't shine that much on their live performances either. And fangirls call their debut "legendary" or "epic". I'm sorry but it defiently wasn't one of the best debuts. SM knows how to mess even with debut with too much hype...

Not sure how long they have trained but because it's SM... for long.

As for the album, their singing was great. They (EXO-K) have two with very powerful voices and the others are okay too. Not going to comment about rapping because Key stole my the attention in Two Moons. :whistling: Key is good at what ever he does...

Evil maknaes? To that I have to agree. :mrgreen:

changmi1218

Post by changmi1218 » Apr 20th, '12, 19:56

Last edited by changmi1218 on Apr 20th, '12, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 20th, '12, 20:21

I have to say, very closed-minded opinion about modern kpop.

I know kpop from all periods(especially 1st generation idols) and I have to say - older generation kpop was good, but only in it's own way. And songs that could be labeled as "very good" or "aweseme" are very few(even though back then everyone went crazy for every single song, just like they do nowadays).

And, it seems that you are saying that this generation idols are worse singers than those back then? Based on autotune and everything? Yeah, I kinda can tell you a fact - back then, most of the live performances(for some groups, I'd have to say all) were not even autotuned but lipsynced. And it wasn't a big deal, it was normal at that time.

Every time in kpop has it's own charm and good points, if you can't understand something this simple, I actually can't help you.

P.s - You said that 2008 was mainly electronic pop and it was very good. A bit further down, you say that YG's music now is crap because it's electronic? Huh.

And, if I have to pick the best year in kpop, it would be 2009.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 20th, '12, 21:12

Whoah, I wouldn't be so harsh on sb's opinion, Neliets, it's just a subjective opinion, although... well, personally I'd say old Kpop ended with BoA and DBSK birth, that is closely around 2002-2003. 2008 is actually fairly new Kpop, not the old one (hello, SHINee).
Plus, let's not forget aboyt Rain, who is in his own category.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 27th, '12, 17:42

Girls, there is something I thought I will never say - girl group that really knows what exactly concept "sexy" is!

It's no other than Sistar. Their new comeback is just indescribable. This just that awesome.
First of all, the song itself is a very good one. The melody, singing and everything is just right. And the lyrics make absolute sense and everything(which is actually a quite rare thing for a girl group, especially when concentrating on 'sexy' concept).
Secondly, their concept, performance, choreography is so damn surprising. I never even imagined that I'd get to see a real 'sexy' image in kpop. Not those underweight, clothe-less concepts that they seem to think are sexy, but a real sexy image.
I may be very, very old-fashioned but I think that this is the real sexy image. Girls with nice curves, very beautiful dresses and a very flustering choreography and looks. I find this 100 times sexier and more tempting than everything that, for example, all that 4minute and Hyuna has ever done combined. And this doesn't make me feel like some kind of pervert. And I always fast-forward that kind of performances, even if I like the song. But Sistar's performances make me wanna more.

Sadly, there aren't that many guys here on DA(that read this thread). I really would want to know if other guys think like me, or am I the only one so old-fashioned.

And here is their performance
Sistar - 나혼자

EDIT :
Sorry if something doesn't make sense. I had a guy thrown on my head while playing floorball today, now I am having quite a big headache :D

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 28th, '12, 09:57

To me Sistar's "choreographies" look all same; they just rub their legs, touch their butt and look "sexy". I see no difference to 4min, except 4min likes to suck their fingers in additon... I find it really pity that girl groups who have good singers have to over-use sex appeal to get attention. I don't feel like watching girl groups rubbing themselves on stage. It's ok if choreo has some sexy moves but all of it and in all performances? No. I would probably be more into girl groups if they actually danced and not just looked cute or sexy.

But I do like the song. It's the only song I've liked from them so far.

Anyway, U-Kiss came back and this time I'm voting like crazy for them. They are the second underrated group after INFINITE. They're great dancers, have great songs and a few great vocalists and still, they have not won a single music program yet. :x And again they have bad luck with other really popular groups coming back at the same time. I heard Tatiseo, the new SNSD sub group, debuts next week so there goes U-Kiss' chances again. They have only this week time to win one or they get nothing, again...
At first I didn't really feel the song, it sounded a bit awkward. But after listening it a few times, it's actually great and it has some funky twists. Not as great as Tick Tock was but defiently a good song and I like the MV.
U-KISS 6th Mini "DORADORA(돌아돌아)" MV HD Full ver.
[Live HD 720p] 120427 - U-Kiss - Doradora (Comeback stage) - Music Bank

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 28th, '12, 11:02

Viande wrote:To me Sistar's "choreographies" look all same; they just rub their legs, touch their butt and look "sexy". I see no difference to 4min, except 4min likes to suck their fingers in additon... I find it really pity that girl groups who have good singers have to over-use sex appeal to get attention. I don't feel like watching girl groups rubbing themselves on stage. It's ok if choreo has some sexy moves but all of it and in all performances? No. I would probably be more into girl groups if they actually danced and not just looked cute or sexy.

But I do like the song. It's the only song I've liked from them so far.

Anyway, U-Kiss came back and this time I'm voting like crazy for them. They are the second underrated group after INFINITE. They're great dancers, have great songs and a few great vocalists and still, they have not won a single music program yet. :x And again they have bad luck with other really popular groups coming back at the same time. I heard Tatiseo, the new SNSD sub group, debuts next week so there goes U-Kiss' chances again. They have only this week time to win one or they get nothing, again...
At first I didn't really feel the song, it sounded a bit awkward. But after listening it a few times, it's actually great and it has some funky twists. Not as great as Tick Tock was but defiently a good song and I like the MV.
U-KISS 6th Mini "DORADORA(돌아돌아)" MV HD Full ver.
[Live HD 720p] 120427 - U-Kiss - Doradora (Comeback stage) - Music Bank
That's what it probably looks like from woman's point of view. And the rubbing I noticed just now, when I paid attention to that, because I didn't notice any rubbing before. I get exactly the same feeling when I see guy groups doing cute stuff. I get literally feel like hitting them with a hammer. I find guys acting cute very disgusting and disturbing.
And difference between 4minute and Sistar(this song) is that Sistar has kinda 'classic sexy' image but 4minute(and like billion other girl groups) mostly has like 'half-naked-slut' image. But it's not a discussion worth starting with a woman.

Correction there - Infinite is not underrated. They have their share of mutizens and fans.
And U-kiss isn't underrated either. They are very well known, they have their fan-base(which is quite big, actually) but they just haven't made such a hit to get a mutizen. And U-kiss has actually won few awards. Can't remember when or what but I remember that they did.
But about dancing, I have to agree - they actually would be #2 Dancers in kpop now. Infinite is #1, of course. There is no doubt.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 28th, '12, 11:36

Neliets wrote:But it's not a discussion worth starting with a woman.
Neliets, you offended Viande, offended me and tons of other women who can say that this-and-this group is slutty. Only because Viande's point of view differs from yours doesn't justify belittling her and stating something like that. So, we are stupider than holy thou because we don't agree?
You don't have monopoly to truth, you know.
Now, you've just woken up the kraken...

And Viande is right about Infinite and Ukiss being underrated. Awards and mutizens mean nothing if you are not taken into the consideration of those 'professional polls'. Both groups are still far from it. Fabulous voices of Sunggyu and Woohyun are not included in any rankings, Hoya and Dongwoo are not included in dancers/rappers polls.
This is what matters, awards are just matter of fans, not professionals.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 28th, '12, 12:07

Ethlenn wrote:
Neliets wrote:But it's not a discussion worth starting with a woman.
Neliets, you offended Viande, offended me and tons of other women who can say that this-and-this group is slutty. Only because Viande's point of view differs from yours doesn't justify belittling her and stating something like that. So, we are stupider than holy thou because we don't agree?
You don't have monopoly to truth, you know.
Now, you've just woken up the kraken...

And Viande is right about Infinite and Ukiss being underrated. Awards and mutizens mean nothing if you are not taken into the consideration of those 'professional polls'. Both groups are still far from it. Fabulous voices of Sunggyu and Woohyun are not included in any rankings, Hoya and Dongwoo are not included in dancers/rappers polls.
This is what matters, awards are just matter of fans, not professionals.
I apologize if you feel offended, I didn't mean to belittle you but what I mean is that women see women differently than men. Just like I mentioned before - I literally hate guys acting cute but women seem to dig that. That's an example.

If we are talking about them being acknowledged professionally, then I would agree about U-kiss, but Infinite debuted just in 2010(if I remember corerctly). None of guy groups that debuted 2 years ago are being taken in consideration professionally. F.cuz? Code V? MBLAQ(late 2009)? Teen Top? Nope, none of them. It's just a matter of maturing in the kpop scene, not about being underrated.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 28th, '12, 13:50

Neliets wrote:And difference between 4minute and Sistar(this song) is that Sistar has kinda 'classic sexy' image but 4minute(and like billion other girl groups) mostly has like 'half-naked-slut' image. But it's not a discussion worth starting with a woman.
You don't need to be a man to judge girl groups. And over-use of sex appeal is as awkward for both female and male groups. But the difference is, that male groups don't usually run half naked on the stage rubbing themselves. Now that would be disturbing.
Neliets wrote:Correction there - Infinite is not underrated. They have their share of mutizens and fans.
They were. Last year was their first year when they got their first awards. Their popularity is rising but they're still not very popular, even though they are well balanced and stabile group.
Neliets wrote:And U-kiss isn't underrated either. They are very well known, they have their fan-base(which is quite big, actually) but they just haven't made such a hit to get a mutizen. And U-kiss has actually won few awards. Can't remember when or what but I remember that they did.
U-Kiss is VERY underrated. Why? They debuted at the same year as SHINee (not many know that) and have still not managed to win any of the music programs, and only awards they have got are from 2010. And music program wins are mostly about who has more fans.
Neliets wrote:But about dancing, I have to agree - they actually would be #2 Dancers in kpop now. Infinite is #1, of course. There is no doubt.
Forgetting SHINee when talking about dancing skill ranking is unforgivable. (and will lead to execution :twisted: ) But I think INFINITE is quite close to SHINee now. They're best at diciplined group dances while SHINee is best at difficult and versatile dancing choreos. U-Kiss will be close next after these two.

Opinions of course.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 4th, '12, 16:52

Huh, this hit me quite a lot.

December... choreography... I am glad that they are trying it out. And I have to say, it isn't bad.

By the way, it was noticed that a Korean song was played in on one Latvian radio station. Not because someone wanted to listen to it or anyone liked it, but because it was in Youtube's Music Video Top. I can't even imagine how confused were those who has never heard anything like that. But I have to say - I wished it was a better song. The song that was played was B.A.P. - Power.

But SNSD-TTS's song Twinkle isn't actually that bad. It has no meaning, it's bright ar quite cheerful. But I still don't like it :D

Viande

Post by Viande » May 4th, '12, 23:58

I didn't like TaeTiSeo's Twinkle at all. It sounds really familiar but can't pinpoint where I have heard something similiar before. Maybe some old American song / music style? Anyway, I really dislike this kind of music so I'm not a good person to evaluate it. Not to mention I'm not a fan of SNSD. :whistling:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 5th, '12, 11:43

Viande wrote:I didn't like TaeTiSeo's Twinkle at all. It sounds really familiar but can't pinpoint where I have heard something similiar before. Maybe some old American song / music style? Anyway, I really dislike this kind of music so I'm not a good person to evaluate it. Not to mention I'm not a fan of SNSD. :whistling:
I am not a fan of SNSD either. And I don't like the song, too, but I was just saying that it came out a bit more sophisticated than I thought it would.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '12, 20:21

Music Bank Orders Singers to Prerecord Live Music
Due to the ongoing strike, it has been confirmed that KBS’s Music Bank has been ordering the performing singers to prerecord their music to sound like a live performance.

An anonymous source affiliated with the music industry met with enews and revealed, “We received an order from the staff at Music Bank to record our music to be like a live performance.”

He further explained that the Music Bank staff was taking precautions, in case the audio team and other staff members are affected by the on-going strike.

From a glance, it may seem like a safety measure, but in the order to make artists prerecord their music to sound live, there is a small intention to trick the viewers. In the case that it becomes hard to operate normally due to the strike, the program is planning to trick the audience into thinking that it is a live broadcast.

It plans on playing the live broadcast-like AR (All Recorded, including the artists’ voices as well as the rest of the music) with the MR (Music Recorded, featuring just the instrumentals), to create a makeshift of a live broadcast.

In other words, it is an action that deceives viewers. Of course, other music related employees state, “Depending on the situation, the broadcast will run as usual without the special AR.”

Even so, due to the fact that the broadcast staff asked the singers for this kind of errand, it is hard to hide the bitterness.

Source: global mnet
O---key...

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » May 10th, '12, 06:01

ditto

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 10th, '12, 15:30

Some of the biggest names in the K-Pop music scene will come together for the upcoming Korea Expo 2012 in Yeosu. With seven shows total, the “K-Pop Big Wave Concert” will begin on May 12th and will run until August 11th.

The “K-Pop Big Wave Concert” is to take place as the opening ceremony of the expo which will be graced by a total of 15 top artists such as Super Junior, 2PM, Wonder Girls, Dynamic Duo, Simon D, 2AM, INFINITE, Jung In & Leessang, miss A, SHINee, FT ISLAND, CNBLUE, ZE:A, B1A4 and Busker Busker.

An official of CJ E&M was quoted saying, “We felt these artists will meet the expectations of all attendees at such a meaningful and global event.”

Below is the schedule for the artists performances

May 12th: Wonder Girls and Ameoba Hood, featuring Dynamic Duo and Simon D
June 15th: Busker Busker, Jung-in, and Leessang
June 19th: 2AM and B1A4
June 26th: SHINee and Infinite
July 5th: 2PM and miss A
July 21st: Super Junior and CNBLUE
August 11th: FT Island and ZE:A

from forevershiningshinee.tumblr
I don't have to add I'm dead now.
Anyone mind sponsoring a trip now?

Viande

Post by Viande » May 10th, '12, 23:06

Ethlenn wrote: I don't have to add I'm dead now.
Anyone mind sponsoring a trip now?
INFINITE and SHINee on same day. :faint: I need a sponsor too!

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » May 11th, '12, 15:41

sawwy but if my broke ass could afford to sponsor someone else then I'd be going instead. I'm selfish like that :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 15th, '12, 16:16

Huh, I saw a screen shot of that MV and it got me very interested, so I listened to it. I honestly didn't think that I will ever like a song from a group so stupid name, especially if I think that all their previous songs are rubbish. I like the song, but I will still have to see a live version to give any sort of opinion on that matter. Regarding shirt-less scenes at first I wanted to say that they haven't got anything close to a good body(a good body is very rare in kpop, because most of '6-pack-wonders' are just fat-less sit-up doers, basically anything that can be achieved by every single mesomorph or ectomorph without much effort). But I have to admit that few of them are closer than few well known 'good body' owners. I can say all this because I am a bodybuilder myself and I know quite a lot about this.

EDIT : Googled them up. And I was like - WHAT THE F*CK?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalmatian_%28band%29

There are even 31, 27 and 25 year old :O I really wouldn't have guessed that they are that old. Especially, based on previous songs and performances.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 29th, '12, 13:02

Comparing asian body type to caucassian one is as wise as comparing dragon to the hen. Both have wings, and that's all.

Anyway:
150 Gb of MVs and more MVs...

Lately I've been bouncing to this.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 29th, '12, 20:23

Ethlenn wrote:Comparing asian body type to caucassian one is as wise as comparing dragon to the hen. Both have wings, and that's all.

Anyway:
150 Gb of MVs and more MVs...

Lately I've been bouncing to this.
Sorry, but, actually, in body-building field, Asians are just as good and has just as much potential. I have even read that it's even easier for Asians to do(they have faster metabolism but that's not the only reason) than us. It's just what they want to achieve. Most idols are just seeking for abs and that's all, and that is an easy job to do. Yes, they are more limited(usually) to the weight(muscle) and strength but as far as looks go - they beat us.

Few examples I can mention this instant of good k-pop bodies :
Hwanhee of FTTS,
Jaebom of 2PM(former member) used to have a quite good body
Changmin of 2AM
Rain
and few more. Oh, and I remembered this allkpop post(look at the picture, not video)
http://www.allkpop.com/2012/05/g-na-rel ... usic-video

And there is a youtube channel called 'sixpackshortcuts' or something like that. They are all Asians. And I could go on and on.

Oh... JJ Project. Still leaves me cold.

P.S - I was just thinking.... I don't think I've seen any good bodies on western TV.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 14th, '12, 20:02

Huh! Never thought that I would enjoy something from Wonder Girls, but I really do. But the song "Like This" really gets on my nerves. It's just stupid.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 15th, '12, 04:44

I just watched MBC Korean Music Wave in USA.
Am I the only one who hates that they show people faces all the time in these k-wave concerts? But at least I saw some decent men that drank beer! That's how it should be! And yet some people were looking very disturbing, but it's US.

And I was very sturtled by MBLAQ's performance. They sing very well live.
It's still only Rising Sun from DBSK. I think they could pull off Wrong Number, too. And then I would be quite pleased.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '12, 21:08

Just linking this here, because of those two cuties in Twelve Men In A Year.

Supernova (초신성) - Stupid Love [MV HD]
I have heard of their group before but never really watched any music videos by them (or I have forgot). Not very distinguishable song/music video.

shid0

Post by shid0 » Aug 7th, '12, 06:20

where can i find kpop song on torrents?

Viande

Post by Viande » Aug 8th, '12, 07:38

I don't use torrents for music so can't help, sorry.

And incase someone missed it, Etude Pink Play concert is today (8th) 7 PM in Korean standard time. Lineup is TOXIC, Ulala Session, Ailee, TEEN TOP, SHINee, and 2NE1.
You can stream it (live) here:
http://www.youtube.com/etudeblog

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 8th, '12, 09:20

Oh, thanks, Ulala and SHINee... nice^^ Too bad the same time there is a volleyball match, and I still love it a little tiny bit more. Will see cuts from it probably :P :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Aug 8th, '12, 18:04

You didin't miss much, the streaming quality was really bad (both sound and video).

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '12, 19:13

I was just immersed in a live journal site. It got a bit involved and although I tried to clip an save and send here it did not want to move. However I can at least say that it was all about K-pop and the Hallyu wave going to Japan. It would appear the wave has been too fast and furious and now the Japanese TV stations are pulling back and don't want to use all the new and unknown Korean names who are trying to debut in Japan. These groups don't even have any solid ratings in Korea yet but they go to Japan first. It's not going to work much longer.
Even some of the big name groups are no longer being booked like they were. It's all because the ratings go way down when Korean groups appear on the Japanese shows whether it is to perform or just be on variety shows. If they don't speak Japanese, people aren't interested at all.
It's all about money of course and TV stations are not the ones to back up any group or artist who does not bring in the ratings and the money.

It will be interesting to see what transpires and even how these new groups will do if they have to stay in Korea and make their mark.

shid0

Post by shid0 » Aug 9th, '12, 12:40

where i can dl kpop.. used to be am-addiction but no longer in service...

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 22nd, '12, 03:24

Does South Korea have any singer-songwriter's? I've been exploring some in the K-indie world but so far I haven't really found any

kiritani-chan

Post by kiritani-chan » Dec 23rd, '12, 16:50

heys~ does anyone know where can i get the latest infos about k-pop idols? i always get to know the notices about my idols a little late :(

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Dec 23rd, '12, 16:54

kiritani-chan wrote:heys~ does anyone know where can i get the latest infos about k-pop idols? i always get to know the notices about my idols a little late :(
http://www.allkpop.com/

kiritani-chan

Post by kiritani-chan » Dec 23rd, '12, 17:03

Shindou-Kun wrote:
http://www.allkpop.com/
thank you! checking it now :)

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 22nd, '13, 02:10

so I've been studying k-pop for a year to try to see the attraction, honestly so far for the most part I still don't get it, but I have noticed there are a few awesome singers

let's paint a picture

at the very top point of Mt. Everest you have, Gummy.

about 2/3'rds of the way down you have Huh Gak, Ailee, Hyorin, IU, Jung Eun Gi and some others, Park Bom, and Taeyeon to name a few

and at ground level you have everyone else

so if I have a point, which I'm not sure I do I guess it would be to ask is there anyone else anywhere near as awesome as Gummy in Korea?

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 22nd, '13, 09:51

It's all about preferences. In your case it looks like you like mostly female singers for example. I won't be suggesting any because my list looks very different from the beginning. Unless you're looking for general opinion?

Also, I wouldn't go there grading all singers, it would be ignorance towards their talents. Many of the k-pop singers don't get to show their talents because they're part of a group that has 2-12 other singers.Yet many of them have proved to be excellend singers when they have had a chance to sing solo.

waferjuice

Hi just wanted to share fan-made accoustic cover of Taeyang

Post by waferjuice » Feb 25th, '13, 13:15

Do tell me how it is!

Thanks! Nice to meet you guys! =D
My Ukulele cover for taeyang's awesome song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkc_auaw6n8