Learning Mandarin - Looking for a transcript. of RTK 2010

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
TimK

Learning Mandarin - Looking for a transcript. of RTK 2010

Post by TimK » May 29th, '11, 09:05

This is my first post, so apologies if this is not the appropriate place for this.

I do have a question - I am learning Mandarin, and some time ago I originally downloaded all the episodes of "new romance of the three kingdoms" series with hardcoded simplified Chinese subtitles.

What I have been doing is watching the Jiang Hu version with hardcoded English subtitles and picking out the odd bit of high frequency vocabulary. However I have to switch over to the hardsubbed mandarin version to check the characters.

This series is so vast, I think there is good scope for picking up lots of genre relevant vocab.

I assume someone must have a soft subtitle set in simplified or traditional characters that would sink with this or the other version on D-addicts - even if they are not a 100% match - I could print out the text and use it as a transcript.

It would be a lot of work to do this for such a vast series, but I have made dictionary style vocabulary lists for my own use before. I have a copy of a list generated from the Shaw film The Swordmates I found on a kung-fu film forum - it just needs typesetting.

I dont know if anyone else would be interested, but if transcripts or a complete mandarin subtitle set exists, it would provide a good resource for people looking to break into watching this genre in the original language.

Does anyone know if softsubs for this series exist? Could someone point me in the right direction?