Any good Taiwanese drama?

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
Pyaaat

Any good Taiwanese drama?

Post by Pyaaat » Jan 9th, '11, 11:35

Can any suggest a good serious romance Taiwanese drama for me?

I've watched a lot and I can't seem to find any dramas that fall under this. They always have something that just makes me grind my teeth.

I've seen:-

Autumn's Concerto
Great. Loved it at first. But then it just became horrible after
Ren Guang Xi's surgery and he goes to help the villagers for his 240 compensation
Disliked, because it seemed to go for a more comedic route
when that guy who plants black jacks attempts suicide. seriously. wtf?
Also, didn't really like the Taiwanese dialect, very hard to get used to.

Lavender Awesome. Liked it a lot. But then I just couldn't tolerate the random English sentences that they kept throwing in. I don't mind if there's an English word here and there, but this drama seems to force a full English sentence into wherever they please and it really ruins the mood.

Summer's Desire Currently watching. Liking it a lot. Though I'm not too far in, so my opinion has yet to be set in stone.

Meteor Garden Seen. Liked. Not loved, but definitely liked. Only season 1 though. I stayed away from season 2. Probably the only drama where I liked a little bit of comedy in it. Comedy done well.

MARS Currently watching. My view on it is currently a lot like Summer's Desire. Not too far in yet.

Non-Taiwanese drama which I loved and hope to find something similar:

Cinderella Man Hands down awesome. English words used sparingly and it doesn't force itself to be funny (unlike Autumn's Concerto; see spoiler).

Looking for a good melodrama.