Seeders needed for CSotM!!! (now includes WSoTM!!!!)

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
mizuki

Post by mizuki » Jan 2nd, '05, 20:01

mvp valentine!! <3 <3 i really do like that seires, but nobody's seeding it. =X even thoughi 'm chiense, i want to show my viet friend that doesn't know chiense how good it is. SHe wants english subtitles, and i think it'll be interesting to watch it in subtitles too. Does anybody have it that would like to seed it for me? xD

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 2nd, '05, 20:52

Hey,
I really like the idea of a chinese series of the ...
I'm also willing to seed, even though i only have a 512/256 connection.
The series w/engsub i have
Romance of the Three Kindoms 1-10
Farewell firefly 1&2 (would like more)
Lavender
Marmalade Boy 1-13
Mars 1-12

it's not much, but i really support the idea

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Jan 2nd, '05, 21:54

no, the Tse Kwan Ho series is a diff series that was based on a RPG game.
so what is happening with that series anyway? The preview looked really interesting ...and it seemed that Chinese no longer have any aversions to the characters kissing!

I know you gave me the romanized Chinese title, but is there an English translation?

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 3rd, '05, 05:35

yeah i support CSOTM .... i think that if a team of dedicated seeders and subbers are formed it would work .....

PiTum

Post by PiTum » Jan 4th, '05, 17:56

Hi Calcifer 10000,
I'd really hope to sub an ancient series sometime. It's about time they got more attention!
I can't explain how greateful I would be if you could do the subs for both of the series you mentioned!! I love chinese costume drama series but without English subtitles they are no use to me and I can't even buy them in the shop!!

To Kai Lian ....
Even though Jem posts quite a lot of ancient type ones, people here seem more interested in modern ones more
That may be true for existing members....(I think mostly females and some sensitive guys who love romance and comedy). Martial Arts, Kung Fu, and Swordsplay series will bring another group of members which are mainly men (and some action girls too..of course)...Me for an example ..I've known this site for a long time but never bothered to check it out because it only shared drama..I saw Swordsman shared in JemTorrent and that lead me back here again. Now I am here to stay :)

New here but Old in the other place
:D :D :D

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 6th, '05, 01:42

Mattman wrote:Hey,
I really like the idea of a chinese series of the ...
I'm also willing to seed, even though i only have a 512/256 connection.
The series w/engsub i have
Romance of the Three Kindoms 1-10
Farewell firefly 1&2 (would like more)
Lavender
Marmalade Boy 1-13
Mars 1-12

it's not much, but i really support the idea
Thanks for volunteering to seed those. Which version of Lavender do you have?

yeah, I think everyone supports the idea of csotm but there seems to be a huge lack of people who have the goods to share. Not a lot of people seem to have a complete series. *raises hand* I don't think I have any complete series from here. :lol :-( I guess we'll just give it more time. :D

WIth the rise of sg dramas here, I just added them to the list as well since they're in chinese etc.

A LOT of chinese dramas have finished lately. I.E. At Dolphin Bay, Crimson Sabre, Romance of the Three Kingdoms... Would anyone like to spread the love and share them when we have a CSOTM? :P

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 6th, '05, 11:32

what do you mean version? i just have them as avi or mpeg with seperate english subtitles.
ps. i forgot to add, i have to get unstuck in time till where it's subbed now as well (ep 22?) can't figure out how to watch it though :(

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 6th, '05, 20:28

Mattman wrote:what do you mean version? i just have them as avi or mpeg with seperate english subtitles.
ps. i forgot to add, i have to get unstuck in time till where it's subbed now as well (ep 22?) can't figure out how to watch it though :(
Well, Jem has lavender and antok posted 700mb ones here...you probably have the 700 ones, i assume.

as for getting to get unstuck in time to work...try getting real 10 or real alternative codec and play it with windows media player. It should work...

kyootiebutt

Post by kyootiebutt » Jan 6th, '05, 20:35

i always see people getting dramas from jems website. But i dont where that is. can anyone help give me the link to it, so that i could dl more dramas. thank you!!!

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 6th, '05, 22:25

Kai Lien wrote:
Mattman wrote:what do you mean version? i just have them as avi or mpeg with seperate english subtitles.
Well, Jem has lavender and antok posted 700mb ones here...you probably have the 700 ones, i assume.

as for getting to get unstuck in time to work...try getting real 10 or real alternative codec and play it with windows media player. It should work...[/quote
no, i don't think i have the 700 mb versions, i think it fitted all on one dvd, but i did get them from this site

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 8th, '05, 07:30

Ok posting this one for two reasons.

1) I don't want to show up as having 666 posts for to long...

2) As Kai Lien and I just chatted about, apparently JEM capped and tracked "Romance In the Rain" some time ago. so that one should be among the the completed ones right?

(Shoot, cant even type "among" without thinking of Vicki singing "moung moung" hmmmm)

So if someone starts a "CSOTW" I'd sure be all for nominating this one then :w00t:

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 8th, '05, 11:23

Kai Lien wrote: as for getting to get unstuck in time to work...try getting real 10 or real alternative codec and play it with windows media player. It should work...
I now can watch it with media player classic/windows media player, but for some reason it won't show the subs, the day before yesterday it worked fine, but i had to format my computer... and now it won't work

beer

Post by beer » Jan 8th, '05, 13:42

Reinstall vobsub.

Also, I've seen the same happen when MPC came as a part of a codec/filter pack - while everything else is just fine external subs simply won't play for rmvb files.

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 8th, '05, 14:27

i've now reinstalled vobsub, reinstalled media player, but still it won't work :( btw before i downloaded real alternative, it also did something to media player classic.
edit: never mind, it works somehow now, though i can't really explain why

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 17th, '05, 16:40

If this were done (please let it happen) i think it's smart to upload it batched instead of by the ep. In that case everyone can help seeding more easily. I think finding seeders isn't that big a problem, just make sure some main seeders get it (not much needed). And then let everyone help seeding (I will keep the torrent running as much as possible, even though it ain't much, if everybody would do so, it would work)

Deny

dl-ing english subs

Post by Deny » Jan 20th, '05, 18:21

I don't know about anyone else but the tw dramas that I have collected which is very few I got from here so I think it is a great Idea. It makes it easy to find so I am all for it. I just wish I could help I don't have anything anyone would want. I am still trying to complete Marmalade Boy english subbed. Maybe as I collect them I will eventually be able to help.

ramenshop

Post by ramenshop » Jan 21st, '05, 00:44

curently i have this series on hdd:

step into past 10-40
duke 4-40
and more

well if u need me to seed, just msg me at irc cuz much easier.
server: chatspike
channel: japan-tv or japanese_addicts
anyone in those channel might be able to help you =)

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 23rd, '05, 15:44

CSOTM still in discussion hmm..?

I'll volunteer to seed: 20KB/s upload >_<

Completed Chinese Dramas with english subs at D-Addicts
Lavender [10]
To Get unstuck in Time [22]
Duke of Mount Deer 2000 [40]
The Monkey King 1-12
Seven sisters [32]
Trust of a Lifetime [20]
Where Legend Begins [27]

Completed Chinese Dramas at Jem's Site
Happy and Lucky [35]
Lavender [15]
Meteor Garden 1 [27]
The Switch [40]
My MVP Valentine [28]
Chess Warriors [20]
Starry Starry Night [14]

Cheers.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 23rd, '05, 15:48

animetama wrote:CSOTM still in discussion hmm..?

I'll volunteer to seed: 20KB/s upload >_<

Lavender [10]
Starry Starry Night [14]

Cheers.
Oh I'm definitely looking forward to when those two series will be CSOTM. Seeing as they're both so short, it should be CSOTW. :D

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:56

Wow, Animetama, you have all that huh? Thanks for volunteering to seed! I'll add you to the list right now. This is great. :D I see a csotm really soon. However, how many seeders should we have to make it happen?

Oohh, I will add myself to the list! I finally finished my first complete series with english subs, Crimson Sabre, at d-addicts today. How exciting. :P

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 23rd, '05, 17:03

Kai Lien wrote: I finally finished my first complete series with english subs, Crimson Sabre, at d-addicts today. How exciting. :P
Indeed. Quite exciting... Congrats! :party:

btw: you mean first complete e-subbed Chinese series right? :P I imagine you've completed other e-subbed Asian series from here before. :lol

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jan 23rd, '05, 17:08

Kai Lien wrote:However, how many seeders should we have to make it happen?
It's really up to you how many seeders you think you need to keep the series running for the designated time period. Usually more seeders means less stress/workload for them, so pucca and I try to keep to at least 3-4 seeders for a 16 episode 350 mb kdrama. For the 700 mb ones, unless we have 6+, we tend not to add to it to the poll unless we know the seeders will definitely help out. After all, in that pool of seeders, not everyone can seed every month. :)

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 23rd, '05, 17:33

BT-Slut wrote: btw: you mean first complete e-subbed Chinese series right? :P I imagine you've completed other e-subbed Asian series from here before. :lol
Actually, I haven't. XD I have a little bit of everything here and there but nothing complete. Only a couple of months ago, I got high-speed internet at my house.
iceberri wrote: It's really up to you how many seeders you think you need to keep the series running for the designated time period. Usually more seeders means less stress/workload for them, so pucca and I try to keep to at least 3-4 seeders for a 16 episode 350 mb kdrama. For the 700 mb ones, unless we have 6+, we tend not to add to it to the poll unless we know the seeders will definitely help out. After all, in that pool of seeders, not everyone can seed every month. :)
Oh boy...I am a very indecisive person. I might need a little help making these kinds of decisions. :whistling: XD :lol

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 23rd, '05, 21:33

......I'm getting impatient...... how about just starting and see how it will go? It will not be perfect yet, but i think this is the only way to do it, every start is hard, but that's when you build up a seeding group as well ( i think)

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 23rd, '05, 21:57

Mattman wrote:......I'm getting impatient...... how about just starting and see how it will go? It will not be perfect yet, but i think this is the only way to do it, every start is hard, but that's when you build up a seeding group as well ( i think)
LOL, are you impatient as a leecher or a seeder? Do you want this to start so you can leech a series or because you have an e-subbed Chinese series to share? If the former, wait in line. If the latter, bravo. Thanks for helping to get this moving along.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 23rd, '05, 22:06

I actually haven't downloaded any e-subbed Chinese dramas from here, but if I can help out in any way, just let me know.

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 24th, '05, 08:12

BT-Slut wrote:
Mattman wrote:......I'm getting impatient...... how about just starting and see how it will go? It will not be perfect yet, but i think this is the only way to do it, every start is hard, but that's when you build up a seeding group as well ( i think)
LOL, are you impatient as a leecher or a seeder? Do you want this to start so you can leech a series or because you have an e-subbed Chinese series to share? If the former, wait in line. If the latter, bravo. Thanks for helping to get this moving along.
....as a leecher, but.... I want others to get their daily dose of drama as well, so, if i can seed, I will as wel. Plus if i download sth i usually have a share ratio above 1, so i'm helping others out as well

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 24th, '05, 09:15

OK, some exciting news to report.

We've gotten permission from Ruroshin to start our CSOTM. Yay!
Ruroshin's only stipulation is that the CSOTM must be a Chinese series with English Subtitles.
Since January's end is upon us, a February CSOTM will be too rushed and considering
this is our first, let's aim for an organized Middle February till end of March CSOTM.

So, let's get started.

Kai Lien has kindly offered to organize the recruitment of volunteer seeders, so if you havent already done so,
please indicate here which Chinese series with E-sub you can help seed.

We'll need at least 3 volunteer seeders for a short series and 5 for a longer series.
Do join in the fun and help support our community by spreading the love *again* =))

We'll come back with a list of candidates and a poll will be up Feb 1st..
Since it's about sharing the love, I want to be corny and suggest we conclude the voting and start seeding on February, the 14th...

All suggestions and constructive comments welcomed.

To all the volunteer seeders, thanks for continuing to share.

Cheers.
Last edited by animetama on Jan 27th, '05, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 24th, '05, 09:45

animetama wrote: Since it's about sharing the love, I want to be corny and suggest we conclude the voting and start seeding on February, the 14th...

All suggestions and constructive comments welcomed.

Cheers.
Haha... since it's about sharing the love and having our anniversary date fall upon Valentines day, then I think it's appropriate the first series should be a real love story, not another story with some love elements, but a pure love story.

I think Lavender falls into this catagory. :D

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 24th, '05, 10:00

LOL BT,

You'll need to recruit then.. you are, after all just _one_ vote =))

:P

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 24th, '05, 10:03

animetama wrote:LOL BT,

You'll need to recruit then.. you are, after all just _one_ vote =))

:P
Haha.. Of course... I'm just tossing the idea out there. :lol

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 24th, '05, 10:46

hehe BT.. you know I like stirring those I love :lol

I colour coded and made a list.. we definately need more seeders.

http://animetama.net/private/volunteer_seeders.htm

Do volunteer to seed even if your series is incomplete.
This at least helps alleviate the burden.. just indicate which episodes you can seed..

Jiao Yo!

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 24th, '05, 11:05

ohhh nice colours :P

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Jan 24th, '05, 16:53

animetama wrote:hehe BT.. you know I like stirring those I love :lol

This at least helps alleviate the burden.. just indicate which episodes you can seed..

Jiao Yo!
edit the list: I have "to get unstuck in time" as well
Last edited by Mattman on Jan 26th, '05, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 25th, '05, 11:34

Mattman wrote: edit the list: I have "to get unstuck in time" as well
done Matt, thanks for volunteering.

Comeon people! We need a few series to be in the green.
Do volunteer to help seed.

Cheers.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 26th, '05, 01:14

animetama wrote:hehe BT.. you know I like stirring those I love :lol

Jiao Yo!
I've always wanted to have a csotm so I've tried to collect some chinese series to seed. Didn't get very far though... :lol But since you wanted to know...

Meteor Garden I episodes 1-5, 9
Starry Starry Night 1 + 2
The Champion 1
At Dolphin Bay 1,19, 20
Lavender [jem] 1
Lavender [d-a] 1

I think I may have more...will check later.
At least I could help out with those episodes. :lol

nsk

Post by nsk » Jan 26th, '05, 02:06

*Doohh..*** I know I've forgotten to do something and I found out what it was after looking at this!! I promised to seed the entire series of Starry Starry didn't I? Shooott...*sigh sigh.....hmm..I can't do so right away now coz I'm facing low hard drive crisis. So hmm...let's see...Kai Lien..u live in US don't u? How would u feel if I make a copy of it and send it to u so tht u can seed it or something? But..a little caveat...I can only send after the 4th coz I'm gonna have 4 exams next week. and to save on shipping, I'll be sending it in dvd+r form ^.^ Anyway let me know.

Oh and I probably have some stuffs to add to the CSOTM (been getting some esubbed c-drama from snail trade so if u wish just look into my trade list and let me know whichever u want me to volunteer seed for.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 26th, '05, 02:31

I can probably help out with Meteor Garden, which I have, depending on what version you're talking about...otherwise I haven't downloaded any of those series, or own them, so I can't help out with those... :-(

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 26th, '05, 03:11

nsk wrote:*Doohh..*** I know I've forgotten to do something and I found out what it was after looking at this!! I promised to seed the entire series of Starry Starry didn't I? Shooott...*sigh sigh.....hmm..I can't do so right away now coz I'm facing low hard drive crisis. So hmm...let's see...Kai Lien..u live in US don't u? How would u feel if I make a copy of it and send it to u so tht u can seed it or something? But..a little caveat...I can only send after the 4th coz I'm gonna have 4 exams next week. and to save on shipping, I'll be sending it in dvd+r form ^.^ Anyway let me know.

Oh and I probably have some stuffs to add to the CSOTM (been getting some esubbed c-drama from snail trade so if u wish just look into my trade list and let me know whichever u want me to volunteer seed for.
Low on hard drive space, eh? I know what a headache that can be. :glare: Ok, we'll we're shooting for a March CSOTM so there's plenty of time. But if you want to send it my way that's fine too. pm me or maybe I'll pm you.

Just saw your trade list...so is it safe to say that you can help seed these dramas for future csotm's? Some on your list I'm not sure of... I'm pretty sure these are from here or jems...maybe you can double check with me. Thanks again.

Case Of Misadventure #1-20
Duke of Mount Deer
Eternal Happiness #1-32
Happy and Lucky #1-35
Herballist Affair #1-20 (avi, 10 cds, B+)*ep4 mpg, unsubbed
Monkey King #1-35 (avi, A-/B+) *ep 35 unsubbed
Swordsman I&III (avi, 15 cds each part, B+)
The Champion
War And Beauty #1-30 (mpeg4, 15 cds, A-)
Witness Of Prosecution I #1-22 (avi, 11 cds, B)
Night Journey #1-20 (avi, 10 cds, B+)
I think I saw these here...but they may have been wiped away.

Calcifer,
I know what you mean. I have quite a few of these series but too bad they're not e-subbed. Don't suppose you have the MG ones from Jem?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 26th, '05, 03:34

good job with that list! :notworthy: i have a suggestion. would it be possible to make a note of what file size each series is? for instance, i believe that the sgdramas were mostly rmvb (~170 mb), JEM's series are mostly ~325 mb and some uploaded at D-addicts, such as Lavender are ~700 mb. as was stated, short series would need fewer seeders and longer series more seeders. however, as iceberri noted, the file size also makes a difference in the number of seeders needed.

kudos to everyone who is working to get this CSOTM started! :-) sorry, i haven't downloaded many chinese dramas with english subs. however, i can help seed Dolphin Bay and Lavender (soft subs), so put me on the list! btw, i don't believe that 100% Senorita was ever uploaded with english subs. i remember downloading the tv-rip rmvb version from here, and that didn't have english subs.

nsk

Post by nsk » Jan 26th, '05, 03:44

Kai Lien,

Yep2, those are all Jem's rip except for The Champion & WAB. Basically most of hk-drama that is e-subbed are Jem's caps except for War&Beauty which is fanyx's and maybe 1 or 2 others which is hkm's.

Yeah, let me send u a copy of Starry Starry Night as well..so that well at least that series will have 3 seeders so u can put that up for the first CSOTM :-)

Pm-ed me with your email/ your addy around the 4th Feb so that I won't forget.

ThaChinky

Post by ThaChinky » Jan 26th, '05, 03:56

i could seed SG Drama, My Might InLaws and maybe Champions if i can find it.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 26th, '05, 04:00

Kai Lien wrote: Calcifer,
I know what you mean. I have quite a few of these series but too bad they're not e-subbed. Don't suppose you have the MG ones from Jem?
Heh...no, I have the vcd version of MG, I believe. However, that's the other series that I hardsubbed...so in a way, I do have it with e-subs. 8)

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 26th, '05, 04:19

nsk wrote:Kai Lien,

Yep2, those are all Jem's rip except for The Champion & WAB. Basically most of hk-drama that is e-subbed are Jem's caps except for War&Beauty which is fanyx's and maybe 1 or 2 others which is hkm's.

Yeah, let me send u a copy of Starry Starry Night as well..so that well at least that series will have 3 seeders so u can put that up for the first CSOTM :-)

Pm-ed me with your email/ your addy around the 4th Feb so that I won't forget.
Alrighty, will do. Hmm...I know fanyk, he/her did WAB here... but I haven't heard of hkm before. Once I get more info I'll ask them if we can use their dramas as a csotm! 8) I was browsing through your list again and I saw that you have A Chinese Ghost Story and it says ep 31 unsubbed....that show had english subs???? Wow...never knew.

Habukie
Added you to the list! Thanks for volunteering. I'll get around to making the filesize names soon.

ThaChinky
Thank you very much for wanting to help out. :thumleft:

Calcifer
You subbed the whole MG I series? Did you know of Jem's encodes back then? :blink

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jan 26th, '05, 07:22

jeez i didnt kno bout this thread until like i saw tamas banner lol

okie i can help with meteor garden 1
and at dolphin bay and starry night i got like 1 and 2

my mvp valentine

oo and kai lien i saw Moving Targets omg nic and edison is so hot in the movie~~~

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 26th, '05, 07:57

I have the taiwanese series vcds of "Summer I Love You". Does anyone wants it ?

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 26th, '05, 09:54

DarReNz wrote:I have the taiwanese series vcds of "Summer I Love You". Does anyone wants it ?
Does it have English subtitles?
babyguh wrote:jeez i didnt kno bout this thread until like i saw tamas banner lol
okie i can help with meteor garden 1
and at dolphin bay and starry night i got like 1 and 2
my mvp valentine
lol baby, u need to make a banner to advertise CSOTM too! :P

Ok, I've made updates to the colour coded page.. (yes, I like pretty colours =p)

If I am not mistaken, we have a few series that qualify for the 1st CSOTM, so far they are :
A Step Into the Past [Jem]
At the Dolphin Bay[soft subs]
Duke of Mount Deer 2000 [Jem]
Lavender [soft subs] 700MB
Meteor Garden I [Jem]
My MVP Valentine [Jem]
Starry, Starry Night [Jem]
The Champion
The Monkey King - Quest For The Sutra

Step up and be counted as a seeder! Post your list of series you can seed here.

Cheers.

Ps.
If anyone has a fast upload connection and wants to help seed,
but don’t have these Chinese series with English subs
and wants to be a dedicated CSOTM seeder, please PM me.
I'm willing to snail mail you a few sets on dvd-r.

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 26th, '05, 10:02

animetama wrote:
DarReNz wrote:I have the taiwanese series vcds of "Summer I Love You". Does anyone wants it ?
erm ... it only has chinese subs .... maybe someone can help translate :D

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 26th, '05, 10:10

DarReNz wrote:
animetama wrote:
ahic, for the purpose of CSOTM, we can only have series that are E-subbed.

There are discussions going on at the moment about uploading series with C-subs only..
have a read of this:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12069

Cheers.

Pinch

Post by Pinch » Jan 26th, '05, 15:15

I like the idea. CSTOM. :w00t: But chinese series are generally 20+. Some can even reach 40 ep. How are you ppl going to organize that? Hmm... Just a question here. :lol

Btw, these are what I have:
The Champion (SaS version) but ep 13 is only 98% completed.. :-(
My Mighty in Law

:lol I have just these 2. I have Mars too, but it's not completed yet right?
Btw, there are 2 versions of the champion at d-addicts. 1 by SaS, 1 by YYTvO. I have YYTvO version, but just ep 13.. :lol Maybe u people should specify which version the seeders have..

All the best for CSTOM. Waiting .. waiting ... for Family Man to win the vote.. and A Step Into the Past too.. Hehe. Or anything interesting.. I love chinese series. :wub:

dragon_image18

Post by dragon_image18 » Jan 26th, '05, 15:59

Maybe it needs to be Chinese series of the 2 months. That should give enough time to get it all out. The first month could be half the drama and the second month be the other half. So split it into 2 months.

All I want is Fight For Love, so new yet no seeders.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 26th, '05, 18:09

dragon_image18 wrote:Maybe it needs to be Chinese series of the 2 months. That should give enough time to get it all out. The first month could be half the drama and the second month be the other half. So split it into 2 months.
LOL... what happens if someone doesn't want the particular series being offered? They have to wait for 2 months before getting another whack at it? LOL...

That is why I suggested Lavender for the initial introduction of CSOTW. It's only like 10 eps and can be done in a week. :D

To roll out CSOTW(M) with a series which takes 2 months to conclude may turn some people off to CSOTW(M) from the very beginning.

Pimpman

I want to seed

Post by Pimpman » Jan 26th, '05, 21:37

hi I love to seed those serier especially the old one...if I can get the file I can start an ftp server and everyone can download from me or BT is ok too...anyone intrested sending me the file? I have 100 mbit internet connection

dragon_image18

Post by dragon_image18 » Jan 26th, '05, 21:53

BT-Slut wrote:
dragon_image18 wrote:Maybe it needs to be Chinese series of the 2 months. That should give enough time to get it all out. The first month could be half the drama and the second month be the other half. So split it into 2 months.
LOL... what happens if someone doesn't want the particular series being offered? They have to wait for 2 months before getting another whack at it? LOL...

That is why I suggested Lavender for the initial introduction of CSOTW. It's only like 10 eps and can be done in a week. :D

To roll out CSOTW(M) with a series which takes 2 months to conclude may turn some people off to CSOTW(M) from the very beginning.
Well it is better than nothing. Hmm Batching is the solution then. Batch the files together. Hmm. I will keep coming up with ideas until I get my chinese series of the month. hmmm.
How bout we ...no that won't work. Does anyone have any string and a glue stick? I have another idea. :w00t:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 26th, '05, 22:10

Kai Lien wrote: Calcifer
You subbed the whole MG I series? Did you know of Jem's encodes back then? :blink
Nope. :P But it was a lot of fun and I improved my Chinese 8) And totally infected my friends with the glory of F4!

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 26th, '05, 22:12

Hi
I would like to help more but i just have a few chinese series
Meteor Garden ( 1-27, but 25 is miss because i'm stuck in 94.1%)
Marmalade boy i have the firts 3 ep only
i have peach girl (1-5)
only that just because it´s really hard get this series
and think that is good tht people are trting to make easier
if i can help i will be please.

aznxshinobi

Post by aznxshinobi » Jan 27th, '05, 01:52

Hi Kai nice to see you again :D

Anyways I could help seed these series:

My Mighty Inlaws
Crimson Sabre [jem]

Anyways thats all the complete series I have. I got some unfinished stuff thats being released atm i.e. love contract, lavender etc... If someone wants to snail me the stuff (I'll pay for postage and discs!) then I guess I'll have more. Anyways my computer is never off and is always connected (only 40-50kbytes/s)

edit:: I dont know which version of "My Mighty Inlaws" I have, I got it from here in a batch torrent. Its RMVB and has hard subs. Hope that helps :D
Last edited by aznxshinobi on Jan 27th, '05, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

JALAL

Post by JALAL » Jan 27th, '05, 02:58

this is what I can seed
Devil's Blues [SAS] + another group whose name I dont know!
Crimson Saber [Jem]

I have a lot of good old Jems stuff but 'm not sure wether they are completed.. let's how this CSOTM or CSOT2M goes :P

ThaChinky

Post by ThaChinky » Jan 27th, '05, 03:29

Kai Lien wrote:
Alrighty, will do. Hmm...I know fanyk, he/her did WAB here... but I haven't heard of hkm before. Once I get more info I'll ask them if we can use their dramas as a csotm!

[
oh. u've never heard of hkm before? i dunno anymore. but it used to be a HUGE azn grp on the scene. but many ppl including me complained that they were **** and unrespectful kids. i once got kicked from their chan on irc because i was idleing in another azn group chan at the same time!

i dunno. maybe they changed now. but definitely ask them if u wanna re-release their stuff. on the other hand. once its released on the internet, nobody can really say u can't start sending it out to people.

hope this CSOTM gets going.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 27th, '05, 06:04

BT-Slut wrote:

Well, I was thinking it would depend on what series wins to be seeded. If the particular series is 40 episodes or more, I would think we would need to extend it to more than a month. That way people can have enough time to get them all.

babyguh
I added you to the list. Thanks! About Moving Targets....*siiiggh* Those 4 police officers were so hot! :P I must marry Nic! he he heee...

Pinch
Thanks for volunteering. Yep, we'll definitely let people know about the different versions everyone has. About A step into the past, beer just started to seed 1-9 so grab them while they're hot. :-)

makino_sanbr
Thanks for volunteering to seed what you have. What you have of MG 1 is good enough. I'll add you to the list.

aznxshinobi
Hey there! Thanks for wiling to seed those series. We appreciate your help. I assume the mighy in laws are the [sas] version?

ThaChinky
Hmm...haven't used irc before...dunno where to get their stuff either...we'll see if anyone here has their stuff. The first csotm should start on March. :)
PiTum wrote: I've known this site for a long time but never bothered to check it out because it only shared drama..I saw Swordsman shared in JemTorrent and that lead me back here again. Now I am here to stay :)
You don't by any chance wanna seed any series you have? :D
DarReNz wrote:
animetama wrote:
*sheepishly raises hand* I do! You're talking about the one with Qiu Ze right? Me wanna see Qiu Ze! :wub: There's a thread about that show in this forum already and some people were interested in watching it too.

nsk

Post by nsk » Jan 27th, '05, 06:17

Hmm..I've never really download something from hkm before, I get hkm series from irc trade with someone in 2muchdrama. However I have visited the channel a couple of times and as far as I'm aware they didn't allow fserving their stuffs at other channel so I'm not too sure whether or not they will allow bt. Another thing is hkm rip are all in svcd format around 800mbs/eps.

I agree with BT-Slut, since this is going to be the first csotm, I guess it might be better to pick a short series first? Nothing over 20 eps if possible..especially since from the looks of it there really aren't too many seeders as of right now...just a suggestion though. And, how many seeders needed for a series over 20 eps btw?

Btw Kai Lien, what series did u get ur avatar from?? It looks interesting :D

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 27th, '05, 06:36

Yep, I think the first csotm should be a shorter series as well...we don't wanna scare people off. :lol My avatar is Alyssa Jia Jing Wen from Shen Yi Xia Lyu aka Miracle Healers. Heard of it before? It's an awesome series! Well, at least I love it. It's one of my new favorites. :wub: You should watch it. :D In fact...Let me send you a copy!

Oh and I am really curious about the series you have called a chinese ghost story. Where did the english subs come from? I never knew it had english subs! I'm so baffled...

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jan 27th, '05, 06:42

ooo i saw miracle healers shes so cute alyssa nd vincent zhao or something hehe

iwasnt chinese ghost story included barbie and daniel chen?

yah nic is hot sighs o well~

yah i vote for lavender with bt too lol seems like he really wanna see it i saw the first 5 b4 i had a burner so i had to delete it

nsk

Post by nsk » Jan 27th, '05, 07:07

Kai Lien,

Oh..Miracle Healers....I was gonna purchase a set from ebay but I didn't have the fund back then and I always missed it when AF posted it in the download section. Is it in mando? Do u really mean it when u say u're gonna send it :wub: ?? Save me some bucks :D

I get my copy of Chinese Ghost Story from snail trade and at first I thot it was Jem's cap coz the source was Spore channel but seems like it was done by a group called pelm long time ago. The quality is a grade lower than Jem's current cap. Interested in it? 2 of the eps are unsubbed rmvb tho coz seems like the capturer didn't cap those 2 eps.

babyguh,

Yep Chinese Ghost Story is the one w/ Daniel and Barbie :-)

Seems like there's quite an interest in Lavender, are u interested in it too Kai Lien? If u're I'll send u a copy of that as well just so that it can be included in the poll :-) . Mine is Jem's rip btw.

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jan 27th, '05, 07:23

nsk wrote:And, how many seeders needed for a series over 20 eps btw?
20+ episodes = longer series, so I'd say at least 5 seeders.
<20 episodes = shorter series, at the moment it qualifies with at least 3 seeders.

of cos' we hope for more seeders, but since this is our first CSOTM, we'll just start small and hope our pool of dedicated seeders grows :)

I'm quite happy to mail anyone interested some series if they want to help out.
Just send me a PM and we'll talk details there.

Cheers.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 27th, '05, 07:28

:w00t: babyguh you've seen it?! Yay! I've been dying to talk to someone about it. The first half of the show was so funny! :rofl: The last half was a little sad but I like that mystery man! At first I was really iffy on watching the series because I really don't like that Vincent Zhao wen Zhuo guy but I decided to give it a try because I quite like Alyssa and Gao Yuan Yuan. Then, after watching it I was amazed at how compelling it was. In fact, I kinda even like that Vincent dude now. *shhh don't tell anyone though* Ah, I can't help it he's not to shabby of an actor. XD Yeps, they are sooooooooooooooooo totally cute together! :P :wub: XD That's why I love that series. It had an interesting, believable romance story between Ti Ying and Liu Shuan. They are undeniably one of the best couples ever!!! ZWZ and Alyssa have so much chemistry together. :wub:

Yep, barbie and daniel are in a chinese ghost story.

Nic Tse! :wub: I must marry him. :lol

BTW, I love your new banner. :-)

*Kai Lien goes off to watch Miracle Healers now*
Last edited by Kai Lien on Jan 27th, '05, 07:39, edited 2 times in total.

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jan 27th, '05, 07:35

lol kai lien yah i watched the show cuz i knew that alyssa and zhao was a good couple cuz did u see lady vo? or watever the first lady king? she and him was in it and they had great chemistry too

u should watch it if ya like the couple cuz yah at first i didnt like zhao wen zhou when i saw him in wind and cloud but after lady vo or qu i was like eh hes not that bad then i saw his drama the book sword and gratitude and didnt like that either lol

and yah GYY shes so pretty she once again plays the bad part lol but i heardd she didnt want to play the rold but cuz alyssa asked her she said yes~

Oo all credits of banner go to tama lol thanx tho vic is hot either way lol

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 27th, '05, 07:48

Yeah, I heard that Empress Wu series was good. I guess I'll go get that one day. :-) GYY played that role because of Alyssa said so. Aawwww...how cute!

nsk
omg yes nsk I mean it. I want everyone to see it! You have no idea how excited I am to hear that you actually wanted to see it. :w00t: The thing is I don't know how to make a dvd! I've tried but wasn't successful... if someone can point me to a good tutorial, I'd be grateful. :-) Yep, its in mando. I have 2 dvd copies of it actually. 48 eps and 40 eps version. I believe they don't have a difference. The 40 episode one is more clear, tw version. I believe the 48 ep is from China. Take your choice. :lol

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 27th, '05, 07:59

oh Kai Lien, i wish i could have been a help because i've watched so many TVB series since the early 90's til like last year. but the thing is that they were all rented on VHS so i don't have any on hand.

it would have been great to help out because i'm hoping for a CSOTM, too~ :cry: keep up the good work, though. and i'll help seed by downloading them and reseeding them in the future.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 27th, '05, 17:05

Kai Lien wrote:omg yes nsk I mean it. I want everyone to see it! You have no idea how excited I am to hear that you actually wanted to see it. :w00t:
I actually started watching Shen Yi Xia Lu but kinda stopped after the first ep. I dunno, the main female character put me off from the very beginning. Certainly no offense to you, Kai Lien; looks like you really love it and that's great! :D I guess it just started off too silly for me, hehe. It's weird, though, cuz I really enjoyed the silliness of some series (like Meteor Garden, Miao Cui Hua, Crouching Tiger and the funny parts in HZGG), but not others (like Love Storm :pale: Anyone see that? I wanted to strangle Jia Le/Vivian :crazy: ). I liked Vincent Zhao in Wind Cloud, though only in the second half...By the way, I took a few peeks here and there when my sister was watching SYXL, and do you recognize the actress who plays the Empress (who wants to live forever?) I swear she's the scary elder 'Princess' in Jue Dai Shuang Jiao!

Ack, I really want to help out with the CSOTM...but I don't have any of these series you guys're planning on. Ah well...guess I can download and then help seed, like lilswtangel said. 8)

nsk

Post by nsk » Jan 27th, '05, 20:23

Kai Lien wrote:
nsk
omg yes nsk I mean it. I want everyone to see it! You have no idea how excited I am to hear that you actually wanted to see it. :w00t: The thing is I don't know how to make a dvd! I've tried but wasn't successful... if someone can point me to a good tutorial, I'd be grateful. :-) Yep, its in mando. I have 2 dvd copies of it actually. 48 eps and 40 eps version. I believe they don't have a difference. The 40 episode one is more clear, tw version. I believe the 48 ep is from China. Take your choice. :lol
Kewwll!! I'm looking forward to watching it too :w00t: I don't have any preference on which dvds you're going to burn for me, I'll take whichever is more convenient for you :-) Tutorial to burn dvd eh? Hmm..are u using nero currently? If you are then there's this option to copy dvd, just use that and it'll be fine. And oh this site might help too: http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?how ... =6;30#6;30

Btw u haven't answer as to whether or not u're interested in Lavender? If u're I'll send u a copy of it too. :D

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 28th, '05, 04:21

yup I use nero. ok, I go check out those guides now. Sure, you can send me a copy of lavender, I can help seed it.
Calcifer10000 wrote:
Kai Lien wrote:omg yes nsk I mean it. I want everyone to see it! You have no idea how excited I am to hear that you actually wanted to see it. :w00t:
I actually started watching Shen Yi Xia Lu but kinda stopped after the first ep. I dunno, the main female character put me off from the very beginning. Certainly no offense to you, Kai Lien; looks like you really love it and that's great! :D I guess it just started off too silly for me, hehe. It's weird, though, cuz I really enjoyed the silliness of some series (like Meteor Garden, Miao Cui Hua, Crouching Tiger and the funny parts in HZGG), but not others (like Love Storm :pale: Anyone see that? I wanted to strangle Jia Le/Vivian :crazy: ). I liked Vincent Zhao in Wind Cloud, though only in the second half...By the way, I took a few peeks here and there when my sister was watching SYXL, and do you recognize the actress who plays the Empress (who wants to live forever?) I swear she's the scary elder 'Princess' in Jue Dai Shuang Jiao!

Ack, I really want to help out with the CSOTM...but I don't have any of these series you guys're planning on. Ah well...guess I can download and then help seed, like lilswtangel said. 8)
Oh yes, I know that show may not be good to everyone and when I first watched it I thought hmph this is hu nao! :lol But I eventually fell for it. Yep, I agree Alyssa's character was quite annoying but at least she wisened up later. I mean after all she is Ti Ying.
Hmmm...that empress is a pretty famous actress, I'm pretty sure she ain't the elder princess in jdsj... I can't remember where I've seen her from though. I wanna say the old version of yuan yu meng meng.

Man, I haven't completely seen Wind, Cloud. Really wanted to though. I saw a little on tv awhile back and I remembered the costumes and hair were pretty funky... Peter's blue hair. :lol Funny stuff, but I thought it was cool.

I'm not a big fan of female characters usually so I get annoyed with them quite easily. I did see some of that love storm series. Vivian :crazy: I can't stand her at all.

Well, when Mars gets to be the csotm you could help with that! :-)

Serenade

Post by Serenade » Jan 28th, '05, 10:19

Kai Lien wrote:Well, when Mars gets to be the csotm you could help with that! :-)
Ooohhh... Mars as CSOTM... *nods vigorously and jumps up and down*

Except my upload speed is terrible... How much I'd love to help seed though... T_T

Serenade

Sevoth

Post by Sevoth » Jan 29th, '05, 17:16

hi everyone !! I don't know much about Chinese dramas but I'm looking forward to your idea !! for the moment I've just watched Meteor Garden and I think it's awesome !! :wub: but if I can help seeding the series, I'll do it !! :lol except that I don't have all episodes : missing episodes 23 and 26 on jem's page !! if someone could ... thanks :-(
PS: anyway your idea of a Chinese drama of the... is great!! :P

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 29th, '05, 23:53

Hey Sevoth. Thanks for wanting to seed. I'll add you to the list later. You seem to have almost all the episodes anyway. Good luck in getting 23 & 26.