Watch Chinese/HongKong TV live from overseas

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
tvrev87

Watch Chinese/HongKong TV live from overseas

Post by tvrev87 » Jun 8th, '12, 14:41

This topic compares the various ways to watch Chinese/HK TV from overseas, a similar topic (for Japanese TV) can be found in the Japanese Culture & Entertainment section.

Hardware

TVpad
http://en.tvpad.hk
- TVpad is a set-top box that allows you to watch live the TV-channels from HK, China, Taiwan, Japan and some other foreign channels (Internet connection is needed).
- Normally, It costs $229, there is no monthly fee. Discount code 14696673 will give you $30 discount, so it costs $199 with the discount included (fill this code in the order form).
- Freeshipping is available for most countries (this includes USA, Canada, Australia and (Western) Europe)
- More than 50 live channels, this includes TVB, ATV, CCTV, CTS, TTV, Hunan TV, NHK
- Livestreams are based on P2P
- Video on demand is available

Sample video’s:

Feel free to share similar services (streams or external hardware), I will add them to this list.
Last edited by tvrev87 on Jun 16th, '12, 19:59, edited 3 times in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 8th, '12, 17:37

how much do they charge for shipping?

tvrev87

Post by tvrev87 » Jun 9th, '12, 08:04

seirin wrote:how much do they charge for shipping?
The shipping costs are free for most countries, this includes the US, Canada, Australia and (Western) Europe. Also, they will put a low value on the package, so the chance that you are going to pay import tax is low.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 9th, '12, 16:26

I've been reading up on forums on it and it seems like a pretty good box. There's one issue though. TVB seems to be removed from it. I'll wait for them to bring it back up first.

tvrev87

Post by tvrev87 » Jun 9th, '12, 17:03

seirin wrote:I've been reading up on forums on it and it seems like a pretty good box. There's one issue though. TVB seems to be removed from it. I'll wait for them to bring it back up first.
TVB is not removed, the livestreams of the TVB channels are still working.

The TVB drama's video on demand (watch tvb drama's whenever you want) are currently not working.

tvrev87

Post by tvrev87 » Jun 15th, '12, 19:41

A new app has been released for the TVpad that has the latest HK drama's on demand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOLyLr3L ... el&list=UL

samem

Re: Watch Chinese/HongKong TV live from overseas

Post by samem » Jan 6th, '15, 16:13

TVpad 4 is out now, and it streams 1080p HD with slower internet connections because of the new H.265 video codecs. This is the same technology used by the new iPhone6 for facetime streaming. TVpad4 also has a better user interface and more live channels.

If you have a TVpad and want to upgrade buy one today from TVpad.com. They ship free worldwide and offer extended returns for the holiday season.