after hardsubbing how not to lost quality?

For questions on the technical aspects about how to fansub. Come on, share those pearls of wisdom!
kayano

after hardsubbing how not to lost quality?

Postby kayano » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:25 am

Hi, I have tried to paste subs on a episode of "fukigenna jin".
But when I watched it, I discovered that the "video-quality" of the file was not the same of the original one... Is there someone who can tell me how not to lose quality?

I've searched in he web for explanation about how to permanently add subs and I found a page in which they made me download "VirtualDubMod" and "vobSub" (and "Gspot" too, in order to calculate something like -medium bitrate-)
I've followed the explanations but in the end as I said before the the video quality isn't now good as before...
here the link with explanations, but...they are in italian... but also looking at the pics you'll noticed that after having made me install VobSub, I didint used it at all... (I don't know which is its function!!!):

http://ottavioguide.interfree.it/programmi.video.guida.sottotitoli.divx.per.pc.e.televisione.2.htm

as it's the first time I do such a thing and as I don't know where to look in this forum I've decided, in the end, to post here the question...I hope I have not done something wrong...

taitanic209

Postby taitanic209 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:07 am

dl a program call avi recomp. its easy to use and wont lose much quality of the video

kayano

Postby kayano » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 pm

OOOOOOOH thank you!!!!!!!!!!

cowsaysmeow

Postby cowsaysmeow » Fri May 29, 2009 6:39 am

Use x264 codec if possible and tweak the profile to the best encode ^^

Return to “Fansub Mentoring”