How to hardsub with mp4 files?

For questions on the technical aspects about how to fansub. Come on, share those pearls of wisdom!
sapphiresky308

How to hardsub with mp4 files?

Postby sapphiresky308 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:51 am

Hi there, just wondering is there any programs to hardsub mp4 files? As I have seen some episodes of TV series in mp4 and hardsubbed. If anyone can point me to a good program, that would be great!

Also, I was wondering if there is any ways to convert rmvb to avi without losing quality? Or how I can hardsub with rmvb files...

Thanks if anyone can help!

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Engelchen18 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 pm

As far as I know you can only hardsub with Avi or you can try to put mp4 into VirtualDub and then burn the Subs with VobSub into it.
So you must convert mp4 into avi, make the hardsub and then reconvert into mp4.

That all I know =/
SunRise: Deutsche Subs SunRise Wikipage

sapphiresky308

Postby sapphiresky308 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi engelchen!! i know you ehhehehehe, we talked on youtube with the chinese paladin ngs :D nice to see you here!
thanks for the help! i'll see what i can do, the only reason why im curious is I think the chinese paladin 3 episodes are in mp4 format and they are hardsubbed. But when I try to play mp4 on virtual dub with the extensions installed, i hear the sound but no picture comes up.

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Engelchen18 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Ye :p

I heard that VirtualDub has problems to open mp4 and some other formats.
So ye I think they had an avi file and converted it then with a programm to mp4 rmvb =/

btw I hate rmvb's xD
SunRise: Deutsche Subs SunRise Wikipage

sapphiresky308

Postby sapphiresky308 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:10 am

Tell me about it, I wish everything was ripped in AVI, it would be the easiest. It's good I found a way to convert rmvb to avi on virtual dub,
http://www.jakeludington.com/dv_hacks/2 ... _rmvb.html

But yeah mp4... I haven't found a way yet.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 pm

sapphiresky308 wrote:Tell me about it, I wish everything was ripped in AVI, it would be the easiest. It's good I found a way to convert rmvb to avi on virtual dub,
http://www.jakeludington.com/dv_hacks/2 ... _rmvb.html

But yeah mp4... I haven't found a way yet.

if you follow that guide, instead of rmvb, you can substitute it with mp4 (sample.mp4, in the picture). make sure you pick the right framerate!

Awtureli

Re: How to hardsub with mp4 files?

Postby Awtureli » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:21 am

Hi, I'm late for this post. Recently I have to embed srt to mp4 and play it on my TV, as I add an external sub to videos but it doesn't display anyhow. This method is good and you can try it: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/add-subtitles-to-mp4.html