Does any one like India, and suppose to travel there?

Discuss about other asian culture here.
joyce_white

Does any one like India, and suppose to travel there?

Post by joyce_white » Jul 15th, '09, 08:03

how do you think about india?any one now in india?

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 15th, '09, 08:25

I'd like to go to India
Live in a big white house in the forest
Drink gin and tonic and play a grand piano
Read a few books
Far from what saddens my heart
Try to live away from it
I like indian music and culture. I'd like to visit one day but everybody I know who have visited have been sick the first week. :lol I heard it's very dirty and the food is REALLY spicy.

joyce_white

Post by joyce_white » Jul 15th, '09, 08:52

20centuryboy wrote:
I'd like to go to India
Live in a big white house in the forest
Drink gin and tonic and play a grand piano
Read a few books
Far from what saddens my heart
Try to live away from it
I like indian music and culture. I'd like to visit one day but everybody I know who have visited have been sick the first week. :lol I heard it's very dirty and the food is REALLY spicy.
so do i,two of my friends just travel back from india,and they said it is dirty,awful,and nobody can trust in india.

before they told me about india, in my view,the india is mysterious buddhist kingdom of "nirvana", Rabindranath Tagore's called it "sleeping lion", IT empire.and I haven't been there,all imagination about it just from the 《lonely planet》and TV,so what is the real india?[/u]

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jul 15th, '09, 10:11

India is a wonderful place to visit. Full of life and colours. I've only been to some parts of Southern India but really enjoyed my trip. Given a chance I would like to visit India again. To an extent poverty is present everywhere, people sleeping, cooking and relieving themselves by the sidewalks is a normal sight but equally you have the ones who live like kings and of course the middle class as well.

India is for the adventurous and the street savvy and travel with a companion who is familiar with the place or better still get a local to help you out. If not I suggest you take a tour because a foreign tourist travelling alone is asking for trouble.

Eating vegetarian food is a must because their vegetarian food is the best in the world and cheap. Make sure the food is fresh and only drink bottled water unless you want to end up in the hospital.

Basically, I don't think India is any worse off than other third world countries and the experience is worth the bad sanitation, poverty, pickpockets, beggars and the mad drivers.

kurzweb24

Post by kurzweb24 » Aug 21st, '09, 14:46

i don't like india!! :x

i hate that country!!!

i hate because there so many mad drivers who made my cat die!!!

i hateeee!!!!!

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 21st, '09, 15:38

If I'm not mistaken doesn't India still have some sort of plague going around? ><;
As for liking India, I don't know since well... outside knowing they're a nuclear power, one of the main religions is Islam, also has a very high population, I don't know much about them. I'm pretty sure if the plague is still hanging around there I wouldn't go ><;

Eliwen

Post by Eliwen » Aug 23rd, '09, 15:36

I've just been to India last December (2008). I personally loved it and would like to go again.

But remember India is a big country and your experience will depend on the part you go to. Also make sure you never drink tap water!

As for some sort of plague..I've never heard of it.

basbosa2OO9

Post by basbosa2OO9 » Mar 4th, '10, 16:19

kurzweb24 wrote:i don't like india!! :x

i hate that country!!!

i hate because there so many mad drivers who made my cat die!!!

i hateeee!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>
i feel sad 4 ur cat , i use to have one her name was losy but i force to buy her :cry:
i hope she was with me now
2008-10-13-linc-pen-appoints-shah-rukh-khan-as-brand-ambassador.jpg
2008-10-13-linc-pen-appoints-shah-rukh-khan-as-brand-ambassador.jpg (54.31 KiB) Viewed 7087 times

michaelhoffman

Post by michaelhoffman » Apr 21st, '10, 06:50

India is one of the best country I have ever seen. India has a vast culture. They have their own national language but though people in different states speaks different language. The food in India is really spicy. If you like spicy food, it is advisable to try the food on the road side restaurants. There are end number of places to be visited in India.

If I have to praise India, I could write a big article on it. India is simply splendid.

Daki Kibe

Post by Daki Kibe » Jun 1st, '10, 09:35

India is one of the most diverse and culturally-enhanced countries I can think of. The food, languages, clothes, day-to-day lifestyles, are all fascinating.

But it’s also full of contradictions:
- some of the world's most beautiful architectural and natural wonders but its filled with rubbish dumps, slums, entire patches of land being used for sewage waste
- insanely rich people, mega-superstars, some of the world's most famous business tycoons, and the poor, the starved, the diseased, the homeless, the orphaned
- malls, mansions, factories, film sets, and mud huts, straw shelters, the under-side of a car
- the best cars around, imported from Japan, Germany and the USA and auto-rickshaws, but horrible buses and trains and constant traffic jams due to undisciplined drivers, failures of traffic lights, and/or bullock-carts being dragged along by frail old men

India has too much to love and too much to hate.

The best things about India would be the food, local sight-seeing, the museums and artsy things (there's always some exhibition or the other going on), the road-side marriage processions (they're a sight), and the small pleasures like drinking coconut water off the stall on the sides of the street, or trying the different crisp flavours. ;D

The worst are probably petty things like the weather (go towards October, November, December or January, February - the mid months are torturous; having been born there and lived half my life there, when I go back even I can't stand it), the traffic jams, the pollution (always carry a fresh handkerchief with you, you'll need it when travelling on auto-rickshaws and such to cover your mouth and nose), the mosquitoes (mosquito spray time!), and the beggars (here's a tip - don't give money to every beggar you see, you'll go bankrupt).

Don't eat off the road-side stalls if you have a delicate palate, but I would recommend that you give at least one a try, look for the least dodgy one. :D
And unless you're the daring type, don't go to India on your own; foreigners are generally easy targets.

unique001

Post by unique001 » Jun 25th, '10, 20:03

yeah india is really a good country but there's a lot of poverty there.

lovecatcat
Deactivated

Post by lovecatcat » Jan 10th, '11, 02:29

I hate India.one of my friend work at India who always complaining

billr4g3

Post by billr4g3 » Feb 19th, '13, 23:06

well, guys am an Indian and I am proud to be one.

Poverty can be seen in every corner of the world but in small scale or may be in even more larger scale compared to India,
its sad to see how India is always portrayed as only poor country as they forgot we were the richest nation and empire a.k.a Golden Bird before the british invasion. (and also for example in the crappy movie slumdog millionaire which got oscars because it was filmed by West ... i bet if any Indian director would have made that movie he wouldnt have got any award instead people may have beaten the crap out of him.) and India also has good developed areas and places which are not much exposed.

India is an amazing country where you can find Caucasian people in the complete north, Asians in the compete east and Brown in rest of the country with different skin tones and you will find completely different languages , food and culture in every different city and almost every state has monuments in it and they have there own stories to tell.

You cannot trust any one obviously as you are a foreigner like i would never trust any one if i go any where away from home.

Yes, Indian food is very spicy and foreigners some times dont like it but as we are in 21st cent. now you will find KFC Mc D Dominos etc etc in some or the other corner of the streets.

The only thing i can recommend is to get a TRUST WORTHY local guide or it would be more better if you have an Indian TRUST WORTHY friend who knows when and where to hang out as locals know where are the most happening places and how to enjoy them :)
I would love to show around and get to know any one who is new to my place.

Peace, lots and loads of love from India. <3 <3 we live in a beautiful world <3 <3
P.s Bollywood movies has nothing to do with Indian peoples life style , love life or any thing.

kdramalover1996

Re: does any one like india,and suppose to travel there?

Post by kdramalover1996 » Sep 18th, '15, 19:02

Trust me Sri Lanka is better than India.
Sri lanka might be a little country if you look up on it in a Map but once you go there,there are lot of things to see,enjoy and learn.

If you wanna party there are places all around the coutry to have great fun with great people,ah,forgot it people here are very friendly and hostile and the country it self is clean more than india.there are no people who take dump beside roads like in india.

Sri lanka has a very rich history and um 1000% sure you'll like it after you vist once.there are some people i know who vist more than 5,6 times cuz they couldn't finish ther tour at once that much this country has things to see....

Ah,i just can't finish the things i have to say.just visit and see by yourself.

Daemon

Re: Does any one like India, and suppose to travel there?

Post by Daemon » Dec 21st, '15, 08:08

I have been there three times, and I really loved it in simple terms. Remember beauty lies in the eyes of beholder :)

venomqo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by venomqo » Jan 13th, '16, 00:16

if you have no actual reason to be there, i wouldn't suggest going. the place is literally a big garbage dump. if you are chasing spirituality and understanding(main reason i go), and can look past the garbage, then go. i wouldn't recommend going alone if you are a girl though, also they are very conservative, so if you are a girl, cover up, tank tops and booty shorts dont cut it. if it's just for sightseeing, there are many other countries you can go to.

mplgmg

Post by mplgmg » Jun 19th, '17, 06:41

India is one of the great place to travel. It got multi-cultural environment and Indian is not one country its a combination of several ethical and cultural environment. If I explain this on movie industy. For China chinese movie industy is a sole industry likewise Korea, korean movies and Japan Japanes movies . But in India there are so many different movie industry available in single country for example Bollywood movies, Tamil movies , Teleugu moives, Bengail movies and there re more than 10 different movie industries available in india. Bollywood movie industry is the largest movie indust in India. You can get some idea on following
http://www.srimovie.com/