Currently forming a Fansubbing Team for Filipino dramas!

Discuss about other asian culture here.
jeansile

Currently forming a Fansubbing Team for Filipino dramas!

Post by jeansile » Apr 10th, '09, 16:10

Hi guys! I'm inviting the Filipinos here in D-addicts to join the Fansubbing Team. It has no name yet as I'm still looking for people who are willing to be members. Right now, I am the head of the AJREN Fansubbing Team, a newly formed team that creates subtitles for the shows of AJ Perez and Lauren Young...Seeing that we have potentially good upcoming shows in the Philippines, I thought that we shouldn't let the opportunity pass. We should promote the Filipino pop culture around the world.

To see sample works of my current team, you may visit our YT channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/AJRENFansubbingTeam

For the first projects, the shows that are planned to be subbed are the following:

1. Precious Hearts Romance
2. Kambal sa Uma
3. Your Song Presents: Boystown
4. Maruja

I have this idea to create multiple fansub teams based on loveteams, like how I formed the AJREN Fansubbing Team, and then unite all these teams to form a union...I figured that this way, the members will have more interest in working with the subtitles since they get to work on the shows of their favorite loveteams/stars, and at the same time, are assured to have the support of fellow fansub teams...

Hope to hear from everyone who is interested.

blue_bubblegum

Post by blue_bubblegum » Apr 11th, '09, 15:58

count me in jeany! :D

i have a suggestion, since you are now the head of the AjRen Fansubbing Team, why don't we have other heads for the other series? it would be very hard for you to handle all those series. what do you think? :-)

blue_bubblegum

Post by blue_bubblegum » Apr 11th, '09, 16:05

it's better for us also to have applicants for:

- raw providers
- main translators
- spot translators
- timers
- editors
- typesetters
- encoders
:-)

yumenostalgic

Post by yumenostalgic » Apr 11th, '09, 17:13

I'm a bit interested in joining with this cause.

I have experience in subbing Filipino dramas. In fact, I'm one of the moderator (main projects), main translator, spot translator, editor and timer of Tatak-Pinoy subbing team. I can also do typesetting but not uploading since my upload speed is slower than my download speed. I'm also the one who is responsible in posting the download links in jdramas and asian_dramas both @ livejournal communities.

Sadly, our team is in an indefinite hiatus since most of the admins, mods and members are busy with real life.

Here's a link for our previous works:

http://www.veoh.com/users/Tatak-Pinoy

I'm part of the Ako si Kim SamSoon drama (main project), Obra, Maalaala Mo Kaya and Your Song projects.

We also have video channels in crunchyroll, but then the admin of CR deleted ALL uploaded members videos. CR have a pay per view format for animes so all of our uploaded project in there are all gone.

It's nice to know that there are more people who wants to spread our Filipino dramas and culture.

yumenostalgic

Post by yumenostalgic » Apr 11th, '09, 17:13

*double post*

i can't delete this one...

blue_bubblegum

Post by blue_bubblegum » Apr 11th, '09, 17:26

yumenostalgic wrote:I'm a bit interested in joining with this cause.

I have experience in subbing Filipino dramas. In fact, I'm one of the moderator (main projects), main translator, spot translator, editor and timer of Tatak-Pinoy subbing team. I can also do typesetting but not uploading since my upload speed is slower than my download speed. I'm also the one who is responsible in posting the download links in jdramas and asian_dramas both @ livejournal communities.

Sadly, our team is in an indefinite hiatus since most of the admins, mods and members are busy with real life.

I'm part of the Ako si Kim SamSoon drama (main project), Obra, Maalaala Mo Kaya and Your Song projects.

We also have video channels in crunchyroll, but then the admin of CR deleted ALL uploaded members videos. CR have a pay per view format for animes so all of our uploaded project in there are all gone.

It's nice to know that there are more people who wants to spread our Filipino dramas and culture.
hi there! nice to here from someone who has more experience than us. jeansile and i are currently subbing UNDERAGE. it's our first project actually. it would be great to have you in the team. :D

yumenostalgic

Post by yumenostalgic » Apr 11th, '09, 17:51

Actually, I just started to join fan sub team/s September-October last year so I don't have that much subbing experience compared to other fansubbers who have years of experience.

Since there are few Flipino drama subbers out there, it's a bit sad to know that most full length dramas are not finished subbing.

I love to help with your sub team but I have to know the work flow since I'm signed up for 3 Spring Japanese drama subbing duties already.

jeansile

Post by jeansile » Apr 12th, '09, 04:21

blue_bubblegum wrote:count me in jeany! :D

i have a suggestion, since you are now the head of the AjRen Fansubbing Team, why don't we have other heads for the other series? it would be very hard for you to handle all those series. what do you think? :-)
hehehe...ate, that's really the plan...of course, now you're the PHR Team Head...!

By the way, here is the list of all the teams I am trying to form now:

PHR
Shainaticz
MattMel
CHONGDEES
DINOPRESS
ROBICOLE
SAMSTERS

I've promoted this already in the PeX threads of this loveteams/artists/show...

I am also planning to make a multiply account for the whole group...

shawty24

Post by shawty24 » Apr 12th, '09, 04:40

Please count me in. I don't have the experience yet but please teach me. I would like to spread out pop culture like you all. You can put me wherever you all need me to be. Thanks.

jeansile

Post by jeansile » Apr 12th, '09, 04:59

yumenostalgic wrote:I'm a bit interested in joining with this cause.

Hi yumenostalgic! I actually got the inspiration from Tatak Pinoy, so I'm very pleased to meet you here. We would love to have you in the group, we really need people who have experience and can truly understand these things...

yumenostalgic

Post by yumenostalgic » Apr 12th, '09, 08:53

Just tell me what help I can give you. I also want to know the work flow since I'm already signed up for 3 Spring Japanese dramas so I'll try to squeeze in some more time for Filipino dramas.

My email if you want to contact me: yumenostalgic@ gmail.com

jeansile

Post by jeansile » Apr 14th, '09, 17:07

yumenostalgic wrote:Just tell me what help I can give you. I also want to know the work flow since I'm already signed up for 3 Spring Japanese dramas so I'll try to squeeze in some more time for Filipino dramas.

My email if you want to contact me: yumenostalgic@ gmail.com
hi yumenostalgic, and to all who are interested to joing the group...BTW, it has its name now, the PEARL of the ORIENT ARMY...please visit our multiply site for joining procedures, thank you...

http://pearloftheorientarmy.multiply.com/

crazymauve

Post by crazymauve » Apr 28th, '09, 17:19

Hey, I'm interested to join. I have pm-ed you. Please send your response asap if you have decided to let me join. xD

Edit: I have followed the instructions on the multiply site.

blue_bubblegum

Post by blue_bubblegum » Apr 28th, '09, 17:57

crazymauve wrote:Hey, I'm interested to join. I have pm-ed you. Please send your response asap if you have decided to let me join. xD

Edit: I have followed the instructions on the multiply site.
Just keep posted. Thanks for joining.:)

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Apr 28th, '09, 22:04

count me in
im applying for Encoder
since i am fastest Typing and good listening skills...

hope u hear u soon...

-hazel f. ramos

blue_bubblegum

Post by blue_bubblegum » Apr 29th, '09, 12:30

hazelkenro wrote:count me in
im applying for Encoder
since i am fastest Typing and good listening skills...

hope u hear u soon...

-hazel f. ramos
Hello Hazel! It's nice to hear from you. Maybe you mean translator.

First of all, visit http://pearloftheorientarmy.multiply.com/. It's recommended that you have a multiply account.

Second, fill out the form below.

Nickname:
E-mail address:
Birthday:
Which team/s would you like to join? (see List of Teams on the Home Page)
Preferred role/s: (see Fansubbing List of Roles Blog)
Are you willing to learn and be assigned another role aside from your mentioned "preferred role"?
What is your purpose in joining the ARMY?
How did you find out about us?
Do you have any comments/suggestions:

Lastly, send the completed form with the subject ARMY Membership to pearloftheorientarmy@yahoo.com.

Thank you for joining! :-)