Does Anyone Watch Thai Drama

Discuss about other asian culture here.
cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Feb 14th, '08, 22:36

I love Thai lakorns. I've seen Hua Jai Chocolate, Kaew Tah Pee, Leh Ratree and Oom Ruk. Right now I'm watching KKR with Oil & Kwan (subbed by Nalika1 on YouTube.com) and JamLeuy Ruk with Aum & Aff (subbed by Wishboniko).

I think I'll start Duang Jai Patiharn soon though. I haven't had time to watch anything because of school. :-(

4everU

Post by 4everU » Apr 9th, '08, 04:20

Hey...I currently watching Thai dramas, I was at first confused with Taiwanese and the Thai dramas, but now i get it.....I finished watching Jam Leuy Rak, this Thai drama is a MUST SEE...the actor is so effin HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT and the actress, is sooooooooooo PRETTY AND SWEET...the drama has a very interesting story and keeps u hooked, it's a awesome drama....the main lead characters have such a great chemistry it's unbelievable....
Attachments
aumandaff.jpg
aumandaff.jpg (184.75 KiB) Viewed 11021 times

meviet

Post by meviet » Jun 22nd, '08, 04:38

i just finished watching Rak Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong, and currently on Sawan Biang. I've seen some episodes of Jam Leuy Rak, but will finish it later. Ken is my most favorite actor, but he hurts anne so badly in Sawan Biang. i like to see his kind and goofy side more. he's being a very bad ass in this one. so sad... ='(

but i have to say the acting from both ken and anne are very good. i really enjoy it.

Rak Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong and Oum Ruk are my favorites, because they made me laugh so hard. i'm more into comedy than romance, so that's why. i really recommend these two.

green bamboo

Post by green bamboo » Jul 11th, '08, 02:20

I love Aum and Aff in JLR. Actually, I don't like Aff's role much cause Soraya is so kind and her character seems unreal but I like Aum's role more than Ken in Sawan biang. He is so manly and cool XDXD. I wish I could watch their new drama soon.

ksxiong

Post by ksxiong » Nov 30th, '08, 07:03

I LOVE LAKORN!!! I grow up watching them. I like a lot of the older ones. I have not seen many of the new ones out with new actor/actress. If anyone know were I can find oldiesk, let me know. Thanks!

I like lakorn over the other dramas!

hab

Post by hab » Jan 6th, '09, 17:12

i've recently grown to love them..does anyone know where can i watch Dung Duang Haruethai with english subs??..please and thank you!!

Kagimoto Y.y

Post by Kagimoto Y.y » Jan 6th, '09, 18:04

^they not even look different but they also ARE different

lol a lot of people confuse thailand with taiwan. this is one of the reasons why i like the old name "Siam" better
me too!! when I'm telling to my friend lives in other country they will ask "Is that taiwan?"

I'm Thai, Now I didn't watch any Thai drama.
but when I was a little girl I always watch it because at that time My house don't have any cable TV that have international shows.
- I just bored that Thai drama always make a remake version such as "Baan sai Thong" the first version telecast when I didn't born.The second version when I'm a little girl and so on ... It'll remake like every 10 yrs. So my mom always said "This drama I've seen for 2-3 times in different version"

- It always have a lead actor rape a lead actress , ill-treat to women,slapping...
most of kids watch it and that kids'll copy it.
- I think It's overacting
- the character in drama aren't the same of general Thai people at all!

but that's only my negative thinking about lakorn
but they have a good lakorn too
The drama you guys here watch is great!
Actually I like Thai's sit-com more than Thai's lakorn.

For person who's love Thai's tv shows+lakorn I recommend this site http://www.manytv.com
and also recommend this sit-com. This is my favorite now
"niar koo pratoo thad pai" or "truelovenextdoor.com/"
http://hiptv.mcot.net/listProgramCat.php?catId=203
www.truelovenextdoor.com/

so enjoy!
*thanks for reading*

liebe911

Post by liebe911 » Feb 4th, '09, 07:30

I love Aum and Aff in JLR. They are just awesome in their performance.

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Feb 26th, '09, 09:45

sawadee khap^^

well, i've watched this Thai movie, (but this is a drama thread) :mrgreen: & its titled
Me..Myself..

for me its :salut: :thumleft:

nice story, good twists.. the first thai movie i watched is Shutter (is it Thai?) then another horror movie is a story about a Drum, something like that, im not sure if its thai..

well, from now on, ~checking good Thai movies :cheers:

kolanie

Post by kolanie » Jun 18th, '09, 03:05

hahahha...that's funny...^^
:D
nightangelz wrote:
eaachh wrote:As a Thai one, thanks you all for loving or being interested in Thai dramas. I just was introduced to the forum about Thai Drama and you can follow the link http://z3.invisionfree.com/THdrama_Fansubs/index.php?
Woot woot! that's our fansubbing team! XD

@Arowana and ChristinePak
I've noticed people tend to mix up Thailand and Taiwan ALLLLLLLLLLLL the time. Such a common mistake. When I say i'm Thai, a lot of people would say "Oh, so do you speak Taiwanese?" I remember one time when I was little and our class was talking about Tiger Woods and they were talking about his Taiwanese mother and I was like "No, she's Thai!" and everyone, including the teacher shot me down and adamently told me that she was Taiwanese ... which she's not!! GRRRRR =T lol
Arowana wrote:gataey??...hahha...first time i've heard of that word...im so used to use the [T] word..coz...just to tease friends and stuffs...;)..newais...i'll try used gataey nxt time..lol......
S'all good. Just the word sounds weird to me when I say it or type it... so I just don't use it haha.

Fantastical

Re: Does Anyone Watch Thai Drama

Post by Fantastical » Jan 28th, '10, 15:55

Yeah sure! I would love to.
Arowana wrote:Hi, in here we have korean, jap and chinese...that is so awesome.

just wonderin...have anyone watch thai drama.

i got to tell you, most of them are pretty good...theres a lot of hot chicks/actress

and the story line..i fink they are pretty good aswell..why else they show it if its zhit right??

well..i saw someone watch it....i dont understand thai..but..i kinda got hook onto it...its like an ADDICT...haahhahah

welll..i've search the net for links or sumfing if people upload it onto the internet..but coulndt find anyfing..

IF someone have came across it..PLease share it wif me..i'll b very appreciated.

cim

Post by cim » Dec 17th, '10, 04:22

haha.I feel lucky I live in China that I can watch lots of Thai series.And they're good.

lovecatcat
Deactivated

Post by lovecatcat » Jan 10th, '11, 02:22

These are just a few, there are PLENTY more, but I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did! Also side note all the ones listed above are in crunchyroll so there is no need to go to youtube or something. ^^

mayxi

Post by mayxi » Jan 12th, '11, 17:40

i luv thai lakorn. other than Jum Leuy Ruk some of my fav. are: Sawan Bieng, Oum Ruk, Soot Saneh Ha, 4 Hua Jai Haeng Khun Khao, manee yard fah, sarp poo sah, wanida, huajai ruk karm pope, seu ruk chai yai olawan, kaen lum kong, huajai sila, rahut rissaya, dung duang hareutai, mia jum pen, ploy lom petch, kaew lom petch, tuddao bussaya, beep kaew nam hong, etc. i have alot on my list but these are my fav right now.

thaiha2004

Post by thaiha2004 » Feb 7th, '11, 08:22

I want to find a Thai drama which was broadcasted at my country in 2001
One of main actresses is Pamela Bowden, and her character in this drama is Reika
Because it so old, so i don't remember content clearly
But Reika is a officer and her brother is a police
Has a man love her and this man live toghether with a lady [Who is a dancer and is Reika sister-in-law's mother]
Reika 21 years old and the man love her is 33 years old
I remember in drama, he give Reika more roses
I tried to find information & online link of this drama but can't find anything
So please help me

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Feb 12th, '11, 05:48

Have anyone seen the drama "wanida" starring tik & aff.. anyone know where to download it's with english subtitle..?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 25th, '11, 23:39

I watched one so far Jam Loey Rak, and it had rape kidnapping and hitting and fighting, too much of it and not any romance. When I read the synopsis for other lakorns, it looks like all of them have this trend, kidnap then hit then torture then rape then abuse and then they fall in love. I won't watch lakorns if that is all they are made up of. :salut:

Doom

Post by Doom » May 5th, '13, 17:25

While I was visiting Phuket I caught a few shows on TV (most bars seemed to have stuff on TV too). Most of the filming seemed very cheaply done and the acting a bit over the top so I didn't take note on any of the shows.

If anyone can recommend some decent ones to get into then I'd really appreciate it!

kagi88

Post by kagi88 » May 5th, '13, 19:45

Doom wrote:While I was visiting Phuket I caught a few shows on TV (most bars seemed to have stuff on TV too). Most of the filming seemed very cheaply done and the acting a bit over the top so I didn't take note on any of the shows.

If anyone can recommend some decent ones to get into then I'd really appreciate it!
I enjoyed watching Pad Thai Bride, a 2004 movie.
"One day, while fighting with her sister over her marriage prospects, Petchara says too much, claiming that she will marry whoever eats her Pad Thai for 100 days straight."

alina

Post by alina » Jun 5th, '13, 10:51

I've watched some Thai lakorn. It's more difficult to find Thai lakorn and not many are English subbed, not like Korean drama where it's much easier to find them even though there are no subs you can still watch them.
So far I like Hi-tech maid. It's a romance/comedy and it doesn't have that usually rape thing which I really don't like in Thai lakorn. The raping is also usually done by the male lead which later on the female will falls in love with even though he raped her. I mean if it was the bad guy who's done it, then I can understand it.
I also like the 4 hearts of the mountain series. It also have no rape scenes if I remember correctly. They're light hearted dramas with some comedy. But now I'm watching the Thai remake of Autumn in my heart. It doesn't have English subs, but it's not really needed since I've watched the Korean original drama. So far they've copied almost scene by scene.

sampei

Post by sampei » Jun 18th, '13, 20:35

o_O I didn't see any rape scene.

Last edited by sampei on Jul 1st, '13, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Lonelysa

Post by Lonelysa » Jun 23rd, '13, 06:29

I watched Love of Siam, Nang Nak and Starry Starry Night! I liked all! I think sad a title like "Nang Nak", that is supposed to tell a love's folktale from Thailand, was translated here in my country (Brazil) for something like "Souls of Hereafter" (idk if it makes sense), passing a feel of trash-terror to make you scary for one night with your girlfriend/boyfriend on your side.
I found Starry Starry Night while watching a performance of Gackt in Asian Movie Awards, and i just loved so much this movie! Besides that, after i watched, i had an interest in art, and it had never happened befor lol.
Love of Siam, guess everyone have watched already, is cool but the final let me hopeless :(