[Offer] Timer/Editor Looking for Work

For new fansub groups and old fansub groups looking for additional help.
cubicalnoses

[Offer] Timer/Editor Looking for Work

Postby cubicalnoses » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to the subbing scene, and I'm looking for work in timing/editing J-Dramas. I'm well-versed in using Aegisub so I know what I'm doing even though I'm new! English is my primary language, and I understand a little bit of Japanese (でも毎日勉強するよ!). PM me if you have any work for me. I'd be more than happy to help out! :salut:

koshonin

Re: [Offer] Timer/Editor Looking for Work

Postby koshonin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:12 am

welcome to d-addicts :)
I would suggest that you look around the fansub thread, there've been some requests for timing help recently;
an often overlooked but still very well received contribution would be to retime Japanese subs to raws (this will of course help Japanese native, as well as ppl studying Japanese and also translators in their efforts)
relating to this^ you can also take a look at the thread 'Perfect chance to get into subbing...' (reflecting my humble efforts)
and then there is Avallac'h's Transcription project of creating softsubs from lq hardsubbed videos, so that they can be used with videos of better quality (find more information in his signature)
for whatever you decide to put your effort in, be asured that it wont be wasted :)
Last edited by koshonin on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

cubicalnoses

Postby cubicalnoses » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:54 am

Thanks for the helpful advice! I'm checking out your thread now and I'll definitely put some work into it.

koshonin wrote:an often overlooked but still very well received contribution would be to retime Japanese subs to raws

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this (sorry if it's a stupid question) and where I would typically look for these? Do you mean retiming other peoples subs to be timed with different uploads? Or editing older subs that were uploaded?

Thanks again for giving me a place to start! :D

koshonin

Postby koshonin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:52 am

ah, sorry about that! I thought you'd already had a look around
we are in the awesome position of having access to closed captions for all jpn tv shows that provide them (search the forum for jpsubbers)
but these .srt aren't timed to the available raws, hence the retiming
take a look at the subtitles index for Japanese subs , you'll easily understand what I mean
Last edited by koshonin on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:22 am

Hi, cubicalnoses.
Koshonin already mentioned my project:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=99203
There are a lot fo an old (and not very old too) doramas in lq and there are good quality RAW for them.
So if you're really well-versed with Aegisub this would't be hard fot you.
Looking for volunteers, who want to transcribe subtitles for some old dramas. (Yonigeya Honpo, Sweet Home and others)
More details here.
My uploads.
Crowdfunding project to get old doramas

RetroHelix

Postby RetroHelix » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:07 pm

As already mentioned, you should just browse the fansubbing section and ofc Avallac'h's project. Here they are looking for a timer only.