DAIGO lands lead role in musical.

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
seiret

DAIGO lands lead role in musical.

Postby seiret » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Popular musician and talento DAIGO will challenge the theater stage for the first time in the rock musical “Little Shop of Horrors“, showing May 2010.

The play, originally a low budget film in 1960, was turned into a musical in 1982 and currently holds a record of over 2,000 public performances. The play also enjoys a relative popularity in Japan, as actors such as Sanada Hiroyuki, Nishikawa Takanori, and Yamamoto Kouji performed starring roles.

DAIGO plays “Seymour”, a florist with little inclination to his job. Playing the heroine “Audrey”, who shares the same sentiments as Seymour, is Abe Natsumi, while Niiro Shinya acts the role of “Orin”, the sadistic dentist and rival to Seymour. Also joining the colorful cast are Fukuzawa Atsushi and Bitou Isao.

Little Shop of Horrors starts running May 2010 in Hondagekijou. Public performances in Sendai, Fukuoka, and Toyama have also been arranged.

Sources: BRZFan (English), Theater Guide (Japanese)

«minah»

Postby «minah» » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

OMG!!! I Love that movie!!! One of my favorites and it's awesome he has the lead.... it's awesome they're even doing the musical!

Kazeyama

Postby Kazeyama » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Check out Niiro Shinya! He is a fantastic stage performer. I met him in NY when he co-starred with Katori Shingo in "Talk Like Singing" last month. He is a sweetheart!

Return to “Japanese Culture & Entertainment”