Recommended J-Movies (Ask for suggestions here)

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 14th, '06, 00:11

Last edited by pokute on Mar 21st, '06, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

dywen

Post by dywen » Mar 16th, '06, 04:35

haven't seen much Jmovies but the ones that are ok for me are
Azumi 1 and 2
Red shadow
Battle Royale- a bit bloody

Shinobi heart under blade - liked the cast and scenery the story could have been better but i like it anyway. a bit different from the anime adaptation basilisk
Attachments
shinobi5lq.jpg
shinobi5lq.jpg (70.92 KiB) Viewed 31781 times

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Mar 16th, '06, 20:59

:lol some of my faves (they've already been mentioned but just to further encourage you!)s:

Nobody Knows - really interesting if you like a film set in contemporary Japan showing a sadly realistic glimpse into the lives of abandoned children in modern day Japan. Great actors yet extremely sad.

Waterboys - really funny, unconventional and features Tsubumaki Satoshi in a dingy pair of swimming pants! :thumright:

Ima Ai Ni Yukimasu - sweet family film with talented actors that had a real chemistry as a family unit and I really like the quirky yet tragic storyline (its based on a manga?) - great ending theme also.

Love Letter - in my opinion an absolute masterpiece. If you like inspiring and beautiful settings this is definitely a good choice - it became famous for capturing a magical scenery. I REALLY like the storyline too, its very romantic and imaginative - the director did an amazing job in exploring death and love so perfectly (don't be put off by the beginning which may appear a bit dull and slow - it gets better). The main actress is sooo talented. Very very original and memorable.

Moon Child - a film with Jrock stars and a few famous faces (+ Wang Lee Hom) :P but before you think its just a film for pretty boys the storyline is actually quite deep and moving and written by Gackt apparently? who also stars.

The Returner - now there is a certain plotline running through this that is slightly offputting (the alien thing) but the parts played by Ann Suzuki and Takashi Kaneshiro and seeing their friendship build is really sweet and I think they have good chemistry - some emotional parts too.

Hinokio - a really modern film (the main character is a robot) but its set in a modern day contemporary Japan, normal everyday setting - the only futuristic edge is really the concept of the robot. Great character development, great performance from the main girl and it tackles themes that affect youth - one in particular - i dont know the proper term - but the teenage generation who feel they cannot handle society and so stay in their homes all day.

Battle Royale, Versus and Princess Blade are a few other more violent favourites. :w00t:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 21st, '06, 08:30

can anyone recommend an artsy/sad-ish type movie. it doesn't have to be a complete tragedy that will depress me for a week.. but i was just in the mood for a sadly meaningful movie.

i've already seen nobody knows and all about lily chou chou.

most movies i've been trying to get simply don't have any seeders.. so any other suggestions would be helpful! :D :D

thanks too!! because of this thread i've seen so many good movies.

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Mar 21st, '06, 09:15

hi minna :salut: ..ive watch shinobi-heart under blade..i like the scenery and movie effect but the story was just like that..does anyone here watch the movie 'water'..with oguri shun in it?is it good?

wbadger

Post by wbadger » Mar 21st, '06, 09:26

Has anyone seen Spring Snow? It's from the same director of Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu, based on a Mishima novel, and stars Tsumabuki Satoshi and Takeuchi Yuko. I was debating whether or not to spend $8 to go see it at the HIFF.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Mar 21st, '06, 16:24

x_XJules wrote:can anyone recommend an artsy/sad-ish type movie. it doesn't have to be a complete tragedy that will depress me for a week.. but i was just in the mood for a sadly meaningful movie.

i've already seen nobody knows and all about lily chou chou.

most movies i've been trying to get simply don't have any seeders.. so any other suggestions would be helpful! :D :D

thanks too!! because of this thread i've seen so many good movies.
Going on what you've seen .. Wandâfuru raifu (Wonderful Life) .. though I think it's not easy to get.. (same guy who did Nobody Knows)
or.. you could watch Hana & Alice.. it's not really artsy or sad but it's by the guy who did All About Lily Chou-Chou and stars 2 of the people from aalcc..

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 21st, '06, 16:35

I am kinda surprised that Yokai Daisenso is not popping up all over the place in the recommendations.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425661/

slain_naru

Post by slain_naru » Mar 25th, '06, 19:15

Aoi haru is so cool and the history is great!!!!!

bakki

Post by bakki » Mar 31st, '06, 16:06

TKS EVERYBODY,
now I've got a long list of mvies to watch ^^

thks for the precious help!! \^^/

SlightlyTempted

Post by SlightlyTempted » Apr 1st, '06, 19:37

Rinoa Heartilly wrote:Kagen no Tsuki: Starring JRocker Takarai Hideto
Summary: Touching romance with the moon cycle of 19 years. 19-year old Mitsuki meets mysterious Adam. She looses her memory by an accident, and she is trapped in an old mansion. Hotaru and Mitsuki's boyfriend Tomomi visit her, and they find out the event that happened 19 years ago. It is a miracle only occurs every 19 years. Based on Ai Yazawa's novel.

Moon Child: Starring JRockers Camui Gackt and Takarai Hideto
Plot Synopsis: In the year 2014, Japan has collapsed economically and thus its people emigrated in large numbers and settled in other parts of the world. In a corner in Asia, there is a little street called Mallepa, a big melting pot where Asians such as Hongkongers, Taiwanese and Japanese live together. It was a place where people fought for order, food and freedom. It was there where Shou (Gackt), raised as an orphan and Kei (Hyde), who could live forever, met and became the best of friends. However, they were unable to escape from the fight for power involving gangs of different ethnicity on the street of Malepa...
[Source]

Kagen no Tsuki is a pretty deep film, I cried through most of it. The storyline is absolutely beautiful and touching, I highly recommend it. :-) Moon Child's a great film as well, lots of action, and at times can be quite depressing.
I loved moonchild and have the movie
I was wondering if u know a site with Hydes movie Kagen no Tsuki?
or if they have it on here for downloading? :unsure:

kouka1

Have you seen 'Kikujiro'?

Post by kouka1 » Apr 1st, '06, 20:16

I loved 'Kikujiro' by Takeshi Kitano.
Does anybody know any Clubbox that has 'Kikujiro"?
Thank you!!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 3rd, '06, 22:07

This is slightly off topic I guess but...
For those that are in the UK, ITV4 is currently showing Wasabi a french film with Ryoko Hirosue in.

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 16th, '06, 20:37

My JMovie Recommendation is :

1.Kagen No Tsuki/Last Quarter
2.Ima Ai Ni Yukimasu/Be With You
3.Sekai No Chuusin De,Ai Wo Sakebu/Crying Out Love In The Center Of The World
4.NANA (many cute & HOT guyz in this movie) :wub: :wub:
5.About Love (Japan,Taiwan & China working together for this movie)
6.Onaji Tsuki Wo Miteiru/Looking For The Same Moon/Under The Same Moon
7.Haru No Yuki/Spring Snow
8.Platonic Sex
9.TOUCH
10.Ao Zora No Yukue/Way Of Blue Sky
11.Scrap Heaven
12.Waterboys
13.Swing Girls
14.Moonlight Express (is HK movie but Tokiwa Takako in this movie with Leslie Cheung)
15.Moon Child
16.Tengoku Honya No Koibi/Heaven's Bookstore,Light Of Love
17.Wasabi
18.CASSHERN
19.Kono Mune Ippai Ai Wo
20.Last Love Song On This Little Planet
21.Romeo & Juliet
22.Suki Da
23.Warshaw No Aki
24.Yokkakani No Kiseki
25.Yomigaeri/Ressurection
26.Tokyo Wankei~Destiny Of Love
27.Collage Of Our Life
28.GO
29.Jenifa Namida Ishi No Koi
30.Lovers Kiss
Attachments
Kagen No Tsuki/Last Quarter movie....
Kagen No Tsuki/Last Quarter movie....
knt kc nh ht.jpg (89 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
NANA movie....
NANA movie....
.jpg (28.02 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
ABOUT LOVE movie....
ABOUT LOVE movie....
about love tokyo taipei shanghai.jpg (48.75 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Onaji Tsuki Wo Miteiru movie....
Onaji Tsuki Wo Miteiru movie....
looking for the same moon pozuta.jpg (147.98 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Platonic Sex movie....
Platonic Sex movie....
hmm.jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
TOUCH movie....
TOUCH movie....
touchu.jpg (92.2 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Ao Zora No Yukue/Way Of Blue Sky movie....
Ao Zora No Yukue/Way Of Blue Sky movie....
AozoranoYukue`.jpg (33.34 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Scrap Heaven movie....
Scrap Heaven movie....
sukurappu hebun.jpg (62.92 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Tengoku Honya No Koibi/Heaven's Bookstore Light Of Love movie....
Tengoku Honya No Koibi/Heaven's Bookstore Light Of Love movie....
tt ty.jpg (247.89 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
CASSHERN movie....
CASSHERN movie....
cass hern.jpg (139.16 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Kono Mune Ippai Ai Wo movie....
Kono Mune Ippai Ai Wo movie....
.jpg (42.21 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
LastLoveSongOnThisLittlePlanet.jpg
LastLoveSongOnThisLittlePlanet.jpg (62.02 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
r&j.jpg
r&j.jpg (35.99 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Sukida miyazaki aoi & hidetoshi nishijima.jpg
Sukida miyazaki aoi & hidetoshi nishijima.jpg (47.75 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
.jpg
.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
tokyo wankei-destiny of rabu.jpg
tokyo wankei-destiny of rabu.jpg (18.43 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
Jenifa namida ishi no koi.jpg
Jenifa namida ishi no koi.jpg (60.18 KiB) Viewed 31258 times
lovers kichu.jpg
lovers kichu.jpg (13.4 KiB) Viewed 31258 times

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Apr 17th, '06, 08:10

hoho thx for the posters !
they do make me interested in some of the movies......
:D

a_inuyasha_z

Post by a_inuyasha_z » Apr 29th, '06, 16:35

I love watching MoonChild and Last Quarter, it's one of my favorite movie. :wub: ...........anyways I have a question? Has anyone seen "Devilman" yet? It play by Hisato Izaki, Yûsuke Izaki, Ayana Sakai, Asuka Shibuya, Ryudo Uzaki, Yôko Aki, Ai Tominaga, Bob Sapp. I've seen the preview of it and it seem good but :scratch: don't know if it worth watching? Would anyone recommend this movie?

Here is the Synopsis:

"DevilMan" tells the story of Akira Fudo, a high school student who is adopted into the Makimura family following the death of his parents. One day he secretly summoned by his best friend Ryo Asuka, whose own father disappeared during an expedition to the South Pole. The elder Asuka was a professor who had tracked a new type of energy to an underground lake, only to discover that energy source was actually a host of demonic lifeforms that evolve by possessing the bodies of other beings. The demons have escaped from their prison and launched a worldwide assault on mankind. Following a series of brutal killings by these creatures, human "demon hunters" attempt to save humanity by exterminating the beasts. In the midst of this chaos, Ryo asks Akira to unite with the demon Amon; if successful Akira will possess the demon's power and be able to use it for good. Once merged with Amon, Akira's heart and strong will prevail and he is now able to transform into the "demonic human" named Devilman. Akira now must fight alongside and against Ryo (who is revealed to be the reincarnation of Satan) and carry the heavy burden of protecting not only his beloved Miki Makimura, but the rest of the world as well. In the abyss of despair that may spell mankind's demise, Devilman alone must fight this sad battle to assure a future for humanity…..

Preview Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqT3Z5bxaYM

blau

Post by blau » Apr 29th, '06, 17:40

Yeah My Japan Movie reccomended is

1. Kagen no Tsuki
2. NANA
3. Shinobi
4. Maison de Himiko
5. Moon Child
6. Returner
7. About Love
8. Scarp Heaven
9. Haru no Yuki
10. Platonic Sex
11. Wasabi
12. Yomegaeri
13. Tokyo Tower
14. Touch
15. Way Of Blue Sky
16. Under The Same Moon

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 29th, '06, 18:16

I'd like to add "Linda Linda Linda" to the list... and "Kuchu Teien" (I admit I haven't seen the latter yet, since I won't have it until it comes out in May, but after reading who's in it, who directed it and considering the plot of it, I had to pre-order it already).

"Linda Linda Linda" for me is THE movie of 2005.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 29th, '06, 19:52

a_inuyasha_z wrote:anyways I have a question? Has anyone seen "Devilman" yet? It play by Hisato Izaki, Yûsuke Izaki, Ayana Sakai, Asuka Shibuya, Ryudo Uzaki, Yôko Aki, Ai Tominaga, Bob Sapp. I've seen the preview of it and it seem good but :scratch: don't know if it worth watching? Would anyone recommend this movie?
It's supposed to be really bad

3.9 out of 10 on IMDB .. but if you're planing on downloading it then you're not going to lose anything by watching it.

DougFunnieee

Post by DougFunnieee » May 2nd, '06, 08:40

Lowest wrote:
a_inuyasha_z wrote:anyways I have a question? Has anyone seen "Devilman" yet? It play by Hisato Izaki, Yûsuke Izaki, Ayana Sakai, Asuka Shibuya, Ryudo Uzaki, Yôko Aki, Ai Tominaga, Bob Sapp. I've seen the preview of it and it seem good but :scratch: don't know if it worth watching? Would anyone recommend this movie?
It's supposed to be really bad

3.9 out of 10 on IMDB .. but if you're planing on downloading it then you're not going to lose anything by watching it.
I have it but I heard it's really bad, so I haven't watched it yet. :P
Crazy Penguin wrote:"Linda Linda Linda" for me is THE movie of 2005.
Still waiting for the subs... *sigh*

noura

I want samurai

Post by noura » May 3rd, '06, 16:22

I just happened to watch " the Twilight Samurai" and I was surprized at how amazing the movie was (sanada's acting is superb as usuall , the story is amazing and the feeling I got from watching this periode movie like I'm really living in that era !! ) every thing is just perfect!! and if anybody who has some experince in Samurai movies can give me the names of some of the best samurai movies ( if there are ) ..
And I'm intrested in knowing more about the japanes historical character " Oda Nobunaga " .. and why the japaness people hate him that much and even put him as a bad character in there video games ( Onimusha ) and manga ( Samurai Deeper Kyo )..
I did a search in YesAsia.com seeking a movie that involves Nobunaga and I found two results which are:
** The first one is starring Sanada Hiroyuki :wub:
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 003790340/

** The second one ... will, I don't know anyone from the actors who are mentioned in there site
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 002788401/

Thanks alot for your attention..

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » May 5th, '06, 20:57

It's so bad it's funny! The anime is a LOT more shocking and gross than the movie ;^)

Artephius

Post by Artephius » May 5th, '06, 21:43

Swing Girls - a comedy about a high school jazz band.
When the Last Sword is Drawn - a samurai movie set in the late Edo period.
Densha Otoko - I think everyone knows this one.
Cha no Aji (Taste of Tea) - a nice story about a quirky family.
Hinokio - about a young boy in a wheelchair who goes to school by using a remote controlled robot. Sounds corny, but it's a really great movie.
Shimotsuma Monogatari aka Kamakazi Girls - a nice comedy
Cutie Honey - surprisingly well done.
The Princess Blade - good action/drama.

I've also seen three that blau listed that I would second as being great movies:
Shinobi - great action.
Returner - a sci fi time travel action movie.
Wasabi - a French movie dubbed in English that takes place in Japan. Stars Jean Reneau. A great comedy action movie.

Hero

Post by Hero » May 8th, '06, 15:53

I heard that Love Letter is supposed to be good.
Anyone seen it?
Doesnt appear to be on d-addicts though but found it on some torrent search engine.
Any know of a website with more info?
thx

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » May 8th, '06, 15:58

going to watch Escaping From Charisma...

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 9th, '06, 04:26

Hero wrote:I heard that Love Letter is supposed to be good.
Anyone seen it?
Doesnt appear to be on d-addicts though but found it on some torrent search engine.
Any know of a website with more info?
thx
D-addicts doesn't have anything in this thread because we don't allow any movies on this site. You can probably find more info on imdb or one of the asian movie sites in the following threads:
Links of Interest
Asian Movie Torrent Links

jeremywhd

Post by jeremywhd » May 9th, '06, 11:20

guys where do i get to download asian movies?

jellybean

Post by jellybean » May 13th, '06, 15:11

^ are people downright anal? ignorant? can't read?

mizune has given the links/explains the policy on the board about a zillion times and yet people ask the same question "where do i download movie torrents/asian movies"

Anyway, back on topic

Aoi haru / blue spring - EXCELLENT, very cool, great soundtrack, moving, violent yet not a "pretentious bloodbath" as one reviewer well put it *puts tarentino to shame ahem*

All about Lily Chou-Chou - very intriguing, many messages, tragic, disturbing. Great director although I feel its a little long?

Swing Girls - the counterpart to Waterboys, very funny and lighthearted.

Have Taste of Tea and hope to watch soon. Touch also.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » May 15th, '06, 23:32

lennonmanson wrote:going to watch Escaping From Charisma...

err...isn't that kdrama tho!? lol but on a side note..im going to watch it too..lol..yoon eun hye is funny!! lol

mywarpedmind

Post by mywarpedmind » May 30th, '06, 06:05

Hi! I've checked just about everywhere, but haven't had any luck yet.
Does anyone know where I could find a torrent site that I can get Sumo do Sumo don't, otherwise called Shinko Funjatta?
I've already got the first CD from emule, but I can't seem to find a complete 2nd half.
Thanks!

ikadoodledoo

Post by ikadoodledoo » Jun 1st, '06, 01:32

Highly Recomended:

Battle Royale (don't bother to see Battle Royale 2)
Waterboys
Swing Girls
Densha Otoko
Azumi 1 and 2
Casshern (it's all right)
The RIng trilogy
GTO (the movie is ok)

Stay away from:
Devilman

Ok.. I have to think a little bit more

dewdrops89

Post by dewdrops89 » Jun 16th, '06, 05:31

Love Letter is a GREAT movie. very touching. highly recommend it. it's old though, made in 1996, but the cinematography is pretty good still. it's bittersweet, nice to watch when it's raining outside and ur stuck at home w/ just ur thoughts. it was kind of like sekai no chushin de ai wo sakebu, but more understated. both are good. bittersweet =')

daremo shiranai (nobody knows) is also a good, subtle movie. not abt love, more abt family, society, and maturity.

hope u find a lot of movies u like!

kirigi

Post by kirigi » Jun 17th, '06, 16:45

hey i know is not the proper topic to ask this but can some one tell me were i can find "At home dad" with subtitles?

please help me
:salut:

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Jun 17th, '06, 17:16

A Stranger of Mine is a very good one...it has some hidden humor side....reminds me of memento and pul fiction....very nicely play....

fu22bu22

Post by fu22bu22 » Jun 17th, '06, 17:27

I can totally recommend these movies by Shinobu Yaguchi

Waterboys and Swing Girls

Both are my favorite japanese movies ... two "from zero to hero" style feel-good movies, with great humor and splendid storyline. :thumleft: :thumleft:

info07

Post by info07 » Jun 19th, '06, 06:26

If you like some kid stories... try
HInokio(i really like this) and Hoshi ni natta shounen(a bit sad)...

If you want slight drama, music or sport, try...
Touch, Nana, ai ni yukimasu, umizaru

If you want action...
Shinobi and Azumi 1 and 2

If you want to cry...
Sekai no chuushin de ai wo sakebu, 1 liter of tears, Hotaru no haka

dn67

Post by dn67 » Jul 6th, '06, 03:49

have anyone seen trick the movie 2 yet? I supposed it is still airing in japan. I just want to know if anyone seen it and whether it is good. I love the series and the first movie. I can't wait for it to come out in dvd, but I know it will be for a while. :cheers:

Rasckals

Post by Rasckals » Jul 6th, '06, 21:35

Dose Any 1 no where i can get English Subtitle for Kagen no Tsuki ~Last Quarter~?

kkunurashima

Post by kkunurashima » Jul 9th, '06, 06:11

blau wrote:Yeah My Japan Movie reccomended is
16. Under The Same Moon
any idea if this movie is out subbed?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 9th, '06, 06:17

Rasckals wrote:Dose Any 1 no where i can get English Subtitle for Kagen no Tsuki ~Last Quarter~?
Remember to check kloofy.net for subtitles to movies.

Kakihara

Post by Kakihara » Jul 9th, '06, 06:19

Favorites:

Female Yakuza Tale (w/Reiko Ike)
Ichi The Killer
Azumi & Azumi-2
Terrifying Girls High School series
Sasori 4-pts (with Kaji Meiko)
Weather Woman (w/ Kei Mizutani is extra hilarious)
Crazy Lips
Visitor Q
City of Lost Souls
Dead or Alive (part 1)
Entrails of a Beautiful Woman
Versus

draco

Post by draco » Jul 12th, '06, 05:33

Ping Pong, very funny and refreshing! genre : drama-comedy :D

Transient_Cloud

Post by Transient_Cloud » Jul 16th, '06, 14:13

Man everybody has forgotten the best movie just out :crazy: DEATH NOTE!!!!!

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jul 16th, '06, 14:36

Tampopo
the taste of tea
Ring
zatoichi
hanabi
kikujiro no natsu
the ballad of Narayama

nurani2006

Post by nurani2006 » Jul 16th, '06, 18:57

Pride -takuya kimura
good luck -takuya kimura

all takuya kimura films are recommended

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 16th, '06, 20:17

nurani2006 wrote:Pride -takuya kimura
good luck -takuya kimura

all takuya kimura films are recommended
erm... those are dramas, not movies... ^_^;
I think you're looking for the recommended jdrama thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10409.htm
(dramas are broadcast on television, movies are shown in theatres)

roona

Post by roona » Jul 16th, '06, 20:32

any body know about Death Note
i heard that it will be a movie coz i am reading the manga and sooooooo nice

Riia

Post by Riia » Jul 16th, '06, 22:04

roona wrote:any body know about Death Note
I'm pretty sure the movies allready out..
you can watch alot of clips and previews for it on Youtube.com
I just dont think it has english subs

roona

Post by roona » Jul 17th, '06, 11:01

Riia wrote:
I'm pretty sure the movies allready out..
you can watch alot of clips and previews for it on Youtube.com
I just dont think it has english subs
thnx,
but where can i get the movie ..i want ot download it ..

kkunurashima

Post by kkunurashima » Jul 17th, '06, 20:32

there are going to be two movies. the first one has already been shown in theaters in Japan. It is not up for download yet. There is no dvd-rip let alone a camera rip so we're all just gonna have to wait a bit more.

as of this writing, the only way you can see it is by going to a theater showing it.... in Japan... and Korea.

roona

Post by roona » Jul 18th, '06, 11:02

kkunurashima wrote:
there are going to be two movies. the first one has already been shown in theaters in Japan. It is not up for download yet. There is no dvd-rip let alone a camera rip so we're all just gonna have to wait a bit more.

as of this writing, the only way you can see it is by going to a theater showing it.... in Japan... and Korea.
arigato guzaymuse ^__^
thnx alot for te info :-)

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Jul 23rd, '06, 01:53

just finished watching movie adapt of Saikano.
it was really touching. i loved it.

draco

Post by draco » Jul 23rd, '06, 05:39

I'm a bit surprised when I found "Inu no Eiga" when I randomly browsed for japanese movie torrent,
I never heard of this movie.... Despite, it has famous Misaki Ito (Densha Otoko jdrama) starring in it, weird..:(
anybody ever heard / seen this movie?

zhai

Post by zhai » Jul 23rd, '06, 11:32

info07 wrote:If you like some kid stories... try
HInokio(i really like this) and Hoshi ni natta shounen(a bit sad)...

If you want slight drama, music or sport, try...
Touch, Nana, ai ni yukimasu, umizaru

If you want action...
Shinobi and Azumi 1 and 2

If you want to cry...
Sekai no chuushin de ai wo sakebu, 1 liter of tears, Hotaru no haka
what if I want to laugh out loud... any suggestion? :lol

whowhatme

Post by whowhatme » Jul 24th, '06, 10:19

where can you download japanese movies? ?

i wanna see prince of tennis when it comes out! and deathnote and love complex and brave story ><

even tho i'm in japan right now lol...

Miyaguchi

Post by Miyaguchi » Jul 24th, '06, 11:01

Aoi Haru ( Blue spring ) - very good movie. If You prefer good, deeply movies I can recommend You it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309291/

draco

Post by draco » Jul 26th, '06, 18:02

Miyaguchi wrote:Aoi Haru ( Blue spring ) - very good movie. If You prefer good, deeply movies I can recommend You it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309291/
o_O really?? I just recently watched it cuz of ur recommendation, Butttt I don't think this movie is that good.. well I guess it's not my kinda movie :D

Miyaguchi

Post by Miyaguchi » Jul 27th, '06, 14:00

draco wrote:o_O really?? I just recently watched it cuz of ur recommendation, Butttt I don't think this movie is that good.. well I guess it's not my kinda movie :D
MAybe...of course it is Your opinion...First of all i think You must feel this movie...It is not sweet j-drama when You can laugh all time or films with happy endings.
This movie is about problems of society...not only Japan but all world. It is movie of Toshiaki Toyoda - master of showing problems of currently world. Check "9 souls" or "Poruno sutâ" and You will c what Toyoda want to tell You....
But if You dont like this kind of movie...don't check them - You will be dissapointed.

But for me the most important thing when You watch quiet difficult movie You should c on this film with some perspecitve...There are many symbols.. I have even many problems with understanding him movies on 100%...anyway but for me he is very god director..and Aoi Haru for me is one of the best movie who show US real world...

MIyaguchi

PS> Who have else seen this movie ?

draco

Post by draco » Jul 28th, '06, 07:39

What I don't get is the "human-like" drawing that the main char drew on the very first of the movie and his close friends as well before he commited suicide, do you know what that drawing means? off topic :p

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jul 28th, '06, 10:18

I think it would depend on what mood you're in or what your movie preferences are. Anyway, this is a list of Japanese movies that I would recommend, in different genres:

Battle Royale 1 &2 -- has a cult following, definitely must-see
Bright Future or Kairo -- Kiyoshi Kurosawa movies
Ping Pong -- superb, was a hit in Japan and had rave reviews
Go! -- a little Hollywood in style and the story-telling but still good
Shinobi -- left audiences craving for more action but the casting was good
G@me -- one of those movies that pulled a fast one on you
Love Letter & All About Lily Chou Chou -- both directed by Shunji Iwai, beautiful films
Last Life in the Universe (although this one is a Japanese-Thai collaboration)

Hope this helps. :-) Also saw Dolls, Versus, Casshern, Sleeping Bride, Waterboys, Suicide Circle and some Akira Kurosawa flicks.

Miyaguchi

Post by Miyaguchi » Jul 28th, '06, 22:06

draco wrote:What I don't get is the "human-like" drawing that the main char drew on the very first of the movie and his close friends as well before he commited suicide, do you know what that drawing means? off topic :p
I am writing but i am worry I misunderstood You...His close friend - You mean Aoki ( Hirofumi Arai ) ? When I was watching this movie first time - I just knew that he have to commited suicide..For normal people - for Us it is abnormal behavoiur, decision, life. We can talk about them life as :"They're demonstrate nihilism..". But in this small community honour was the most important. If you clap - You can be there...If you win You are "boss" If You can't beat "boss" You can't be a "boss". Aoki have dreamt about it...He was beaten...Was it schock for him? i dont know...maybe....
I am only just interesting what he felt, what he thought when he was falling down...He had about 5 seconds...Do You understand...
Anyway I won't never forget about this movie...

dyesan

Post by dyesan » Jul 30th, '06, 09:04

Has anyone seen the new movie "Taiyou no Uta" (A Song to the Sun)??

I'm a biggg YUI fan...any feedback thus far? I've been trying to find a torrent all day -__-

shigehiro

Post by shigehiro » Jul 31st, '06, 00:39

does anyone know where can i dl umizaru, j-movies?thanks...

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jul 31st, '06, 05:59

roona wrote:
kkunurashima wrote:
roona wrote: ...........
arigato guzaymuse ^__^
:blink what is guzaymuse? :scratch:

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 31st, '06, 14:08

Think he/she means gosaimush or how the hell it's spelled xD.

Gosaimus? Bah whatever XD

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 1st, '06, 04:21

dyesan wrote:Has anyone seen the new movie "Taiyou no Uta" (A Song to the Sun)??

I'm a biggg YUI fan...any feedback thus far? I've been trying to find a torrent all day -__-
shigehiro wrote:does anyone know where can i dl umizaru, j-movies?thanks...
Links of Interest
Asian Movie Torrent Links

Keeper of hells gate2

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Aug 12th, '06, 06:40

Hi, I was wondering if some people could reccommend some movies for me. I am looking for a Horror, Thriller, Mystery Movies. I am soooooo bad with names so bare with me please.

Movies along the lines that I have seen and want to see more of:
Ringu
The Grudge
A movie that deals with a ghost at a film studio (this was a really scary movie)
That movie that deals with the undead and computer screen ghosts - A US version just came out.
A movie that deals with a serial killer and a detective chasing him and had a really messed up ending that I had a hard time dealing with. The movie ended up with a guy at a barn like place and a picture. I saw it along time ago and wouldn't mind seeing it again.
Trick Movie 1 - Not has hardcore as the other, but Trick has a deep dark and disturbing aspect to it. How easy it is to brush of the death of 4 individuals and continue on ward like nothing had just happened.

Thats for your suggestions.

bah-tons

Post by bah-tons » Aug 16th, '06, 19:52

hey..i was wondering if anyone has seen infection? its that movie about the doctors who get killed in the hospital..i watched it and close to the end it confused me..so what are your opinions on what the ending was about for the people who watched it..

ohlovelyy

Post by ohlovelyy » Aug 17th, '06, 12:09

dyesan wrote:Has anyone seen the new movie "Taiyou no Uta" (A Song to the Sun)??

I saw it tonight. It was a bit slow and quiet, but I loved it. I am now one of her fans after this movie. She has an amazing voiceee.

sLaVe4Rain

Post by sLaVe4Rain » Aug 20th, '06, 15:17

Ive watched plenty of Asian movies, but I havnt watch many Japanese movies...
But the ones I recomend are:

One Missed Call
St. Johns Wort
Inner Senses

-sLaVe4Rain

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Aug 20th, '06, 22:42

can somebody suggest a good japanese horror movie? My friend LOVES horror movies and the only japanese horrors i've seen is Suicide Club and the Audition.
I'm a real baby and i can't stand gore... LoL so why am i asking for a horror movie, right? but i want to introduce my friend to the incredible talent of japanese horror movies.
I don't think i could get my friend to watch ringu since (he says) "the american version is good enough for me".

So any suggestions would be of great help! thanks so much everyone!

EDIT: after a little research i was thinking about maybe one of these... one missed call, dark water (i know they made a remake but neither my friend or i saw it), and marebito.
are they good choices?

Cassidy

Post by Cassidy » Aug 21st, '06, 06:26

x_XJules wrote:can somebody suggest a good japanese horror movie? My friend LOVES horror movies and the only japanese horrors i've seen is Suicide Club and the Audition.
So any suggestions would be of great help! thanks so much everyone!
I would suggest Dark Water. it isnt your conventional Horror flick, it focuses predominantly on the mother divorce and her problems with her child. Although it is scary, the horror is primarily the backdrop to the drama aspects of the film. The remake is kinda sucky compared to the original.

Hagi

Post by Hagi » Aug 21st, '06, 19:04

Tokyo zombie I've only seen the trailer but that alone gives the impression of much awesomeness

also scrap heaven amazing movie great twist at the end, has some similarities between fight club IMO

zindaka

Post by zindaka » Aug 23rd, '06, 20:34

is there any Matsu Takako movie out that is subbed on BT?

zindaka

JMovies and sequels (Azumi, BR, etc..)

Post by zindaka » Aug 26th, '06, 06:52

Do you guys know any other movies that have sequels and is a continuation of the previous?
for example
Azumi and Azumi 2
Battle Royale I and II

i like watching these types, b/c i get to enjoy them longer b/c of the sequels. anyone one else know any great movies that have sequels too?
i appreciate your input, thanks