Subbing speed in different languages

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
kawaiiblkgrl
United States of America

Subbing speed in different languages

Post by kawaiiblkgrl » May 4th, '15, 16:05

Hi!
I got to thinking recently that Jdramas are subbed in so many different languages but we rely on subteams formed by fans more so than Kdramas who get more paid subteams in recent years, and I have a few friends who watch Jdramas subbed in different languages so, in your opinion, what language subs Jdramas the fastest on average? this is no disrespect to the subteams, I understand that some teams are only one person as well :salut: :salut: :salut: , I was just curious :D

Ais

Re: Subbing speed in different languages

Post by Ais » May 4th, '15, 18:13

Obvious answer for the fastest subtitles available in JDramas is Japanese, given they are from the captions themselves that is released together during broadcast.

kawaiiblkgrl
United States of America

Post by kawaiiblkgrl » May 9th, '15, 20:19

Ais wrote:Obvious answer for the fastest subtitles available in JDramas is Japanese, given they are from the captions themselves that is released together during broadcast.
i think you misunderstand the question~ i meant in foreign languages that are done by fansubbers

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 9th, '15, 20:38

kawaiiblkgrl wrote:
Ais wrote:Obvious answer for the fastest subtitles available in JDramas is Japanese, given they are from the captions themselves that is released together during broadcast.
i think you misunderstand the question~ i meant in foreign languages that are done by fansubbers
Not sure of who is fastest/release most project, but I'd say Hungarian is one of them. I don't keep track of how often new subtitles is released, but based upon how large the fanbase of Jdramas/Kdramas seems to be, and activity of forum topics.

Ais

Post by Ais » May 9th, '15, 23:27

If you put it that way, then I would say Chinese. Most of them release almost the same day as when the raws are out. Not limited to JDramas, but also films and variety shows. But they are not active at D-addicts.

kawaiiblkgrl
United States of America

Post by kawaiiblkgrl » May 11th, '15, 12:19

Keiko1981 wrote:
kawaiiblkgrl wrote:
Not sure of who is fastest/release most project, but I'd say Hungarian is one of them. I don't keep track of how often new subtitles is released, but based upon how large the fanbase of Jdramas/Kdramas seems to be, and activity of forum topics.
Hungarian? really that's so interesting

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » May 11th, '15, 17:29

Keiko1981 wrote:Not sure of who is fastest/release most project, but I'd say Hungarian is one of them. I don't keep track of how often new subtitles is released, but based upon how large the fanbase of Jdramas/Kdramas seems to be, and activity of forum topics.
As a Hungarian, i would argue being "fastest". :fear:
Most Hungarian translator does not translates from the original language, but uses other fansubs' translation. (Usually English.)
So cannot be fastest, when You need others' work to create Your's...

However, take a look at the stats at bottom of the subtitle index page: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/page/subtitles#Bad
As one can see, Hungarian is the second in the list, with more subtitle topics than even the Japanese... :whistling:

manera

Post by manera » Jan 1st, '16, 19:37

Chinese are fast because they are commercially released at the same time or just a bit later than the Japanese. Can't say many are actually fan made.
English certainly is the major group, hence, this is where most are released first. The rest often just translates from english into other languages.

Taketaketakeru

Post by Taketaketakeru » Sep 20th, '19, 14:27

I would say Chinese too. They are super fast, and subs a lots of things.