BEGIN Japanology

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
blackforest

BEGIN Japanology

Post by blackforest » Apr 28th, '14, 16:59

Hello All. I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this...

I know recently there have been developments in the series, including the creation of the "Mini" segment and a revamping of the original series to "Japanology Plus" but I am asking about the original series here.

I am a huge fan of the BEGIN Japanology series and I have been collecting episodes for as long as I have been on this site (well since the series started in 2008), which is where I first found out about the show. I have the majority of the episodes but I am trying to locate the (i believe) 33 episodes I am missing from the list. I have done searches on this site and the internet at large and I am having some issues.

Are there any other collectors of this show around who would want to swap episodes or any direction I can be pointed in to try an find those missing ones? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Apr 28th, '14, 17:48

This is consistently one of my favorite shows. Japanology Plus is not revamping old stuff, it is introducing the same subject in more detail and any new development, at least that's what the host said. The Mini is rerun of old stuff but edited.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Apr 28th, '14, 17:50

I only have a few, but take a look at my FTP server.

blackforest

Post by blackforest » Apr 28th, '14, 17:58

Ah! Thank you so much UsagiYojimbo. I will be snagging 4 episodes from you. Rice, Ramen, Nabe, and Tsukemono.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Apr 29th, '14, 01:04

Thank you for asking about this subject. Now I can also benefit with the missing episodes. Thank you so much ,too, Usagi Yojimbo, for willing to share. I love this.

blackforest

Post by blackforest » May 1st, '14, 21:53

I happen to have an episode where both the Japanese and English Audio are playing, and I am unsure how to adjust this so I only hear one of them. Does anyone know how to do this?

DragonSpikeXIII

Post by DragonSpikeXIII » May 1st, '14, 21:57

blackforest wrote:I happen to have an episode where both the Japanese and English Audio are playing, and I am unsure how to adjust this so I only hear one of them. Does anyone know how to do this?
Try using VLC, go to audio, try switching to left channel only and right channel only, one of them has the English voice-over. It's happened to me before.

blackforest

Post by blackforest » May 1st, '14, 22:08

I guess I will have to DL VLC then, I have been using Media Player Classic, and for the life of me I cant find a way to switch the channel.

I will try what you suggested DragonSpikeXIII, Thanks for your help.

kagi88

Post by kagi88 » May 1st, '14, 22:37

blackforest wrote:I guess I will have to DL VLC then, I have been using Media Player Classic, and for the life of me I cant find a way to switch the channel.

I will try what you suggested DragonSpikeXIII, Thanks for your help.
In Media Player Classic, you can try:
Options > Audio Switcher > Enable custom channel mapping
then select boxes in the audio chart.

blackforest

Post by blackforest » May 2nd, '14, 03:03

Ah! Thank you Kagi88, that worked perfectly!

mgk

Post by mgk » May 2nd, '14, 05:23

If you go to Asia Torrents you can grab complete years there (basically seasons are years).

http://www.asiatorrents.me/index.php?pa ... der=4&by=2

I am pretty sure some of the really old ones - season one and two - are missing for everyone but you might fill some gaps.

The torrent details actually tells you the missing ones for season 1 and 2 as well.

mgk

Post by mgk » May 2nd, '14, 05:39

Forgot to say the master list of episodes is here - http://www.beginjapanology.pl/

blackforest

Post by blackforest » May 4th, '14, 20:12

Thank you MGK. I am checking that out now and snagging some episodes here and there.

Of course the incomplete season 1 would be missing all the episodes I am missing... go figure ^_^

blackforest

Post by blackforest » May 7th, '14, 22:30

So, as it stands now I am missing 14 episodes. Predominantly from the First season and like one of two from the second season.

Again thank you to those who have pointed out torrents and ftp servers.

Bartimaeus

Post by Bartimaeus » May 24th, '14, 17:15

hello guys, i'm new to the scene, and for a while have been following begin japanology, i've seen quite a few episodes. I've mostly been following it on youtube and dailymotion, but in the recent year i've noticed many videos had been taken down, if i may ask (and if it's not against the rules of the forum) would any of you guys happen to have the lacquerware episode from season 1? i saw the start of it youtube some time ago, but never managed to finish it and now it's been removed.
also thanks to mgk and usagiyojimbo for the links! very appreciated!

GGib

Post by GGib » Nov 27th, '14, 16:12

Just found this while trying to find loads of individual Japanology episodes. Thanks a lot, mgk! <3

radityadewa

Re: BEGIN Japanology

Post by radityadewa » Apr 4th, '15, 14:59

I love Begin Japanology !! This is a very helpful forum ! Anyone know where I can found Japanology Plus episodes ?? Specifically the bento and shinkansen ones ?

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Apr 4th, '15, 15:13

radityadewa wrote:I love Begin Japanology !! This is a very helpful forum ! Anyone know where I can found Japanology Plus episodes ?? Specifically the bento and shinkansen ones ?
http://btdigg.org/search?info_hash=&q=Japanology+Plus

the&

Post by the& » Apr 15th, '15, 09:36

Thank you very much! I am also missing a bunch of episodes!! I am a begin japanologist collector myself, tell me if what your looking for!

Chiyoko Fansub

Post by Chiyoko Fansub » May 12th, '15, 13:14

thank you for asking the question. I been looking for these videos too.

hookguy

Post by hookguy » Jul 13th, '15, 01:16

Hey all, I know this is an old post but I found this post on google when I was looking for the Begin Japanology episodes. I have since found most of the episodes. I've uploaded season 1 and 2 so far but if there is demand for the rest I will upload them too;

Code: Select all

Season 1 - http://safelinking.net/tzej3Zc
Season 2 - http://safelinking.net/SzFpgL3
Hope this helps somebody!

nicrper

Post by nicrper » May 23rd, '16, 17:34

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find season 4 and 5 onwards please?

Thanks

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » May 24th, '16, 04:36

YouTube has a Begin Japanology channel with seasons 5 and 6. If you want to save episodes you can use a browser video download app.