how to watch korean TV

Discuss Korean TV Variety, Game, Music and any other TV shows that is not drama.
pdk001
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:49 am
Location: seoul, korea

how to watch korean TV

Postby pdk001 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:29 am

this is a guide how to watch korean TV, movies, games and sports etc...
it's only for watching them though, you do also broadcast something you want if you have a TV card or saved VOD's into your PC
i will run it if you want to watch korean TV
http://www.football4less.com/streams/pdbox.html
enjoy watch it

User avatar
horndogbuddhist
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby horndogbuddhist » Tue May 02, 2006 4:33 am

ah don't exactly understand you objective...no offense...LOVE korean dramas and such and my bro has a Korean gf (temp studying here in America) would love to know how to get a little piece of Korea in her life now..that's all

User avatar
snowfairy
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:31 am
Location: overtherainbow

Re: how to watch korean TV

Postby snowfairy » Tue May 02, 2006 5:44 am

pdk001 wrote:this is a guide how to watch korean TV, movies, games and sports etc...
it's only for watching them though, you do also broadcast something you want if you have a TV card or saved VOD's into your PC
i will run it if you want to watch korean TV
http://www.football4less.com/streams/pdbox.html
enjoy watch it


People who visit this forum may not understand Korean without subtitles..

So there's no point watching Korean TV if they don't understand..

Listening to Korean radio station is a different matter, cause it's a song anyway..

User avatar
yurrie
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: USA

Postby yurrie » Tue May 02, 2006 6:28 am

is it the same with tvant?
i love watchin loveletter and perfect couple in tvant =)
altho i dun understand what they are sayin .. its funny anyway just watchin their expression =P
ImageImage

User avatar
yurrie
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: USA

Postby yurrie » Tue May 02, 2006 6:42 am

i always got error message after i sign up ...
can u tell me whats the address for the index?
thanx =)
ImageImage

User avatar
proud2beSlow
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 12:25 am
Location: NEW YORK CITY

Re: how to watch korean TV

Postby proud2beSlow » Sun May 07, 2006 5:31 pm

pdk001 wrote:this is a guide how to watch korean TV, movies, games and sports etc...
it's only for watching them though, you do also broadcast something you want if you have a TV card or saved VOD's into your PC
i will run it if you want to watch korean TV
http://www.football4less.com/streams/pdbox.html
enjoy watch it

but do they have eng subtitles

stupoh
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:21 am
Location: korea

Postby stupoh » Mon May 08, 2006 2:48 am

@pdk001: Ah thanks for the link! the other website i usually used to watch korean tv is not available anymore..
One question, i dont get the exact same link as explained in that tutorial, is afreeca is the same thing?

@snowfairy: What do you mean there's no point? As yurrie said, though there's no subtitle, because this service is primarily for korean people, but you still can watch funny shows like love letter or xmen (still funny without subtitle) and you can also watch music shows which is the same like listening to music (but better)

@yurrie: I've never heard of tvant, is that another korean internet tv? link please, tia

EDIT: I can log in using my ClubBox username and password, so if you already have clubbox account you dont need to register again CMIIW
Yangshun: Ajossi, the early bird catches the worm
Qitae: Ya! What about early worm? The early worm gets eaten by the bird!
(명랑 소녀 성공기 - Successful Story of A Bright Girl)

User avatar
buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:35 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby buffyreg » Mon May 08, 2006 3:01 am

yeah, there are internet links to watch tv on the net...
i even watch there to watch my fav korean dramas [even though i dont understand what theyre saying :lol] , i even embedded it in my blog just in case...
here's some links:
mbc
sbs
hope it helps...

Yurrie: how to use TVANT? ...clueless...

User avatar
snowfairy
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:31 am
Location: overtherainbow

Postby snowfairy » Mon May 08, 2006 3:02 am

stupoh wrote:@
@snowfairy: What do you mean there's no point? As yurrie said, though there's no subtitle, because this service is primarily for korean people, but you still can watch funny shows like love letter or xmen (still funny without subtitle) and you can also watch music shows which is the same like listening to music (but better)



I guess you are Korean and understand korean rite?

Hmm, I wonder why you need that kind of links when you can watch TV in Korea..

stupoh
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:21 am
Location: korea

Postby stupoh » Mon May 08, 2006 3:59 am

No im not korean, im a foreigner but i stay/live in korea right now. I have to spend most of my time in front of my computer, inside my lab room. But, that's not the point isnt it?

And err im learning korean now so no i dont understand korean language either..

@buffyreg: thx for the links buffyreg!
Yangshun: Ajossi, the early bird catches the worm

Qitae: Ya! What about early worm? The early worm gets eaten by the bird!

(명랑 소녀 성공기 - Successful Story of A Bright Girl)

User avatar
buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:35 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby buffyreg » Mon May 08, 2006 4:31 am

And err im learning korean now so no i dont understand korean language either..

@buffyreg: thx for the links buffyreg!


ur welcome...
im also learning the korean language ryt now, and its quite hard, hehhee....

User avatar
snowfairy
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:31 am
Location: overtherainbow

Postby snowfairy » Mon May 08, 2006 5:29 am

stupoh wrote:No im not korean, im a foreigner but i stay/live in korea right now. I have to spend most of my time in front of my computer, inside my lab room. But, that's not the point isnt it?

!


??? :unsure:

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:28 pm
Location: PLANET K

Postby marvelous » Mon May 08, 2006 4:56 pm

I heard learning korean was easy for foreigners...

It's acutally not a hard language to learn.

kanela
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:00 am

Postby kanela » Sat May 13, 2006 3:48 am

I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

http://aznv.tv/en/

I'm still trying to figure a way to capture the shows so that I can save them on my pc but without much luck. If anyone does figure it out, please let me know.

User avatar
yurrie
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: USA

Postby yurrie » Sat May 13, 2006 4:27 am

sorry took me long enough to reply =P

ehm tvants..
i used to watch goong on tvants..while they still on air in korea
and also perfect couple ...

but now the sbs channel doesnt really work anymore
i think the website is tvants.com...
and u need to download the program
by clickin on the white box with arrow pointing down

they have other channels too ..
like espn .. mtv .. etc
ImageImage

User avatar
yurrie
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: USA

Postby yurrie » Sat May 13, 2006 4:37 am

but everytime i click the O button after signing up ..
i got an error message
><
anyone got the same problem?
can someone redirect me to the web where i can download the program?
thanx
ImageImage

pennyloo
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Malaysia

Postby pennyloo » Sat May 13, 2006 5:07 am

kanela wrote:I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

http://aznv.tv/en/

I'm still trying to figure a way to capture the shows so that I can save them on my pc but without much luck. If anyone does figure it out, please let me know.


I know how to do that...capture the shows..I think you can use video downloader 2.0...
Its a website which allows u to paste the link for a video (e.g a video on youtube,google video, metacafe,ifilm..etc...) but u MUST have a url link to the video....just follow the easy (very simple instructions on this webpage) : http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php And you're set to go....(i don't know whether AZNTV has direct url links to their videos...u can try...

But so far i've tried with Videos broadcasted on YOUTUBE and they work fine.....btw the video files are downloaded into .flv format though....so mb some players dont support that format...(but then again all u need to do is download a codec plugin) (i know that VLC Media Player does!)

Happy trying!
[/url]

User avatar
buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:35 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby buffyreg » Sun May 14, 2006 11:34 am

hi there! thanx for azntv link... it works but my pc is quite slow so its a buffer and play here... another thing, bwt the downloading... i tried getting the vids cos i got the playing url , but it doesnt work... they could detect it if someone's gonna dl and they immediately pop-up a msg saying that "downloading is not permitted" and all... they only allow streaming, i guess...

kanela
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:00 am

Postby kanela » Mon May 15, 2006 11:10 am

pennyloo wrote:
kanela wrote:I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

http://aznv.tv/en/

I'm still trying to figure a way to capture the shows so that I can save them on my pc but without much luck. If anyone does figure it out, please let me know.


I know how to do that...capture the shows..I think you can use video downloader 2.0...
Its a website which allows u to paste the link for a video (e.g a video on youtube,google video, metacafe,ifilm..etc...) but u MUST have a url link to the video....just follow the easy (very simple instructions on this webpage) : http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php And you're set to go....(i don't know whether AZNTV has direct url links to their videos...u can try...

But so far i've tried with Videos broadcasted on YOUTUBE and they work fine.....btw the video files are downloaded into .flv format though....so mb some players dont support that format...(but then again all u need to do is download a codec plugin) (i know that VLC Media Player does!)

Happy trying!
[/url]


Thanks for the info...AZNTV is slightly different from YOUTUBE in that you don't actually view the vid files via the webpage but instead download a link to access them via winamp so the files are actually in NSV format. It is possible to get the http link though...will give that site and program a try though

User avatar
mystic818
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 am
Location: CA, USA

Postby mystic818 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:40 am

Kanela...aznv.tv looks good but when I tried to register, they said that they are full and are not accepting anymore people right now :( ! It looked like they offered a lot of dramas and movies...too bad...

kanela
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:00 am

Postby kanela » Tue May 16, 2006 6:25 am

mystic818 wrote:Kanela...aznv.tv looks good but when I tried to register, they said that they are full and are not accepting anymore people right now :( ! It looked like they offered a lot of dramas and movies...too bad...


Mystic...sorry to hear that...I guess I was lucky cos I only joined sometime late last month. Keep checking though cos they may just open up registrations again

User avatar
ooyuioo
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby ooyuioo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:36 am

kanela wrote:I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

http://aznv.tv/en/

I'm still trying to figure a way to capture the shows so that I can save them on my pc but without much luck. If anyone does figure it out, please let me know.


They are accepting new accounts again. They say just for the "next 48 hours" though. Keep looking :-)
*Note you need Winamp5.

User avatar
gougz
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Algeria

Postby gougz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:57 pm

another way to watch korean tv ::KBS WORLD : u can watch all the current dramas of kbs with english sub :D (pure 19, cloud stairs...)
it's available in Europe and middle east in 2 satelitte (hotbird and eurobird) and of course it's free to air, u just need a receiver and a satelitte dish
here are the frequencies :
- kbs world (on hotbird 13°est) : 11623 verticale 27500
- kbs world (on eurobird 25.8° est) : 11662 verticale 27500

i really enjoy it, there are also show and documentaries with english sub :D

for the us there is also Kbs america but i don't know if it's free or not since i'm not us resident!

User avatar
ooyuioo
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby ooyuioo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:48 pm

Here are the streaming seeds for major stations.
I watch them on Windows Media Player.

Start WMP.
Press Ctrl+U and "Open URL" will popup.
Copypaste these addresses and click OK.

MBC
mms://210.114.221.153/busanmbc_tv_onair_9541

KBS1
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_1tv?free_sports/*.asf

KBS2
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_2tv?free_sports/*.asf

EBS
mms://219.240.37.11/L-TV_300k

YTN
mms://ytninternet.co.kr/ytn5926_200k

KCTV
mms://media1.kctvjeju.com/live05

Mnet
mms://210.122.109.157/mnet

KMTV
mms://210.122.109.157/kmtv

The SBS seeds dont work for me...but here's one via TBS.
mms://live.tbc.co.kr/tbc_tv

kanela
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:00 am

Postby kanela » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:40 am

pennyloo wrote:I know how to do that...capture the shows..I think you can use video downloader 2.0...
Its a website which allows u to paste the link for a video (e.g a video on youtube,google video, metacafe,ifilm..etc...) but u MUST have a url link to the video....just follow the easy (very simple instructions on this webpage) : http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php And you're set to go....(i don't know whether AZNTV has direct url links to their videos...u can try...

But so far i've tried with Videos broadcasted on YOUTUBE and they work fine.....btw the video files are downloaded into .flv format though....so mb some players dont support that format...(but then again all u need to do is download a codec plugin) (i know that VLC Media Player does!)

Happy trying!
[/url]


I know that works for youtube and google vids but it doesn't work for this site because the vids are not embedded at their site but rather are streamed to your winamp player.

User avatar
gougz
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Algeria

Postby gougz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:48 am

ooyuioo wrote:Here are the streaming seeds for major stations.
I watch them on Windows Media Player.

Start WMP.
Press Ctrl+U and "Open URL" will popup.
Copypaste these addresses and click OK.

MBC
mms://210.114.221.153/busanmbc_tv_onair_9541

KBS1
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_1tv?free_sports/*.asf

KBS2
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_2tv?free_sports/*.asf

EBS
mms://219.240.37.11/L-TV_300k

YTN
mms://ytninternet.co.kr/ytn5926_200k

KCTV
mms://media1.kctvjeju.com/live05

Mnet
mms://210.122.109.157/mnet

KMTV
mms://210.122.109.157/kmtv

The SBS seeds dont work for me...but here's one via TBS.
mms://live.tbc.co.kr/tbc_tv



big thx dude :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar
cutekid
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:36 am
Location: philippines

Postby cutekid » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:09 am

you can also watch korean tv on tvn networks. its a free tv program on the net. it can broadcast any tv station in the world. i just don't know the exact url of the website. i'll repost if i find it.

User avatar
woo_kmk
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:41 am
Location: Washington

Postby woo_kmk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:03 am

actually if you download GOM player you can get free korean TV or afreeca to get internet TV

User avatar
gougz
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Algeria

Postby gougz » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:13 pm

woo_kmk wrote:actually if you download GOM player you can get free korean TV or afreeca to get internet TV


afreeca still works?

User avatar
woo_kmk
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:41 am
Location: Washington

Postby woo_kmk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:36 pm

gougz wrote:
woo_kmk wrote:actually if you download GOM player you can get free korean TV or afreeca to get internet TV


afreeca still works?


yea it does suprisingly

User avatar
cutekid
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:36 am
Location: philippines

Postby cutekid » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:37 am

found the program i'm saying in my last post. have'nt tried the program yet and don't know if there's a korean TV network broadcasting there. Anyways its for free all you need is a broadband internet connection and the program just don't know the catch if you use the program. you can download it on http://www.tvunetwork.com i saw it from an IT show here in the philippines.
Certified P.A.C.T.er(P.inoy A.ddicts C.ommunity T.oh)
http://cutenabata.multiply.com
Image

User avatar
agiri
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:49 pm
Location: Cerritos, CA
Contact:

Postby agiri » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:43 am

is it just me, or is the mnet server always full? o0;;???

User avatar
H2O
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:58 am
Location: USA (I am Aquafina@Soompi)

Postby H2O » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:47 am

Thank you so much ooyuioo! 8) Those links are working great! They're stable, right? :lol I hope so because I've been trying to get Mnet but TVAnts isn't working for me for about two months now. :(
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showuser=106051 <--View my signature for LIVE streaming tutorials

kylo
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:28 pm

Postby kylo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:48 am

on tvkoo there are 2xmbc hd and kbs2 hd :whistling:

cindy--rox
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:23 am

Postby cindy--rox » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 pm

kylo wrote:on tvkoo there are 2xmbc hd and kbs2 hd :whistling:


do you have a link??
cuz i googled tvkoo and when i installed it the program only gave me chinese channels...


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest