Intro + Densha Otoko

Discuss about Japanese TV Variety, Music, Game and any other TV shows that is not drama.
h00t

Intro + Densha Otoko

Post by h00t » Nov 2nd, '14, 14:31

So...I've always been a lurker grabbing whatever dramas that pique my interests and it seems like d-addicts always pops up. I figured it was about time I registered an account here. I've recently begun re-watching all of the older series I've had on hand and Densha was one of my favorites. Back in 2009 I had lost a majority of my dramas due to a hard drive failure. Luckily there were still seeds and I was able to recover most of the series I had. While whatever existed of Densha was sufficient, I found it to be lacking. But I do have something to offer.

ImageImage
ImageImage

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PCBC-60900

I was cleaning my room out and stumbled across this old forgotten gem, buried behind all of my other DVDs. It's the Japan R2 release box set of Densha. First pressing (meaning it came with all the extras). Still sealed, a bit dusty. To my knowledge no DVD rip exists out there.

I'm willing to crack it open if there is enough interest.

Anyone? :p

P.S. Anyone have the "Densha Otoko Deluxe: The Final Crusade" Special? Doesn't seem like it was released onto DVD :(

P.S.S. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section, obviously I'm new here.

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Intro + Densha Otoko

Post by BaekSoo » Nov 2nd, '14, 15:58

h00t wrote:I'm willing to crack it open if there is enough interest.
What do you mean by cracking it open? You want to sell this?

h00t

Post by h00t » Nov 2nd, '14, 16:03

I meant cracking it open in terms of giving back to the community. Crack it open, rip and put out the DVD quality raws for everyone.

h00t

Post by h00t » Nov 5th, '14, 14:39

I guess that's a no?

piboi

Post by piboi » Nov 5th, '14, 15:08

Oh, if only it had English subs. Thanks for the offer just the same.

h00t

Post by h00t » Nov 5th, '14, 15:15

Well, I'm not sure how the raws would turn out since I haven't opened the box. I imagine you could use the existing subs out there and re-time them if necessary.

I just figured I'd put the offer out there since:

1) I'm the only nut out there with a limited box set willing to crack it open for everyone.
2) I'd like to give back to the community that gave me so much.

It may be insignificant but if it is something I can do to help then I'm willing to.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Nov 5th, '14, 18:39

thanks for the offer....

We already have a nice rip in high resolution (960x540 WMV9) at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127421.htm. I don't know what source was used for that rip.

A rip from DVD would have a similar resolution of 720x480 or 720x576. So, I guess the overall quality would be similar. It may depend on the used bitrate. For the existing 540p rip I calculated an overall bitrate of about 2674kbps (for video and audio).

IMHO, you could only achieve a higher quality if you rip from BlueRay or some other full HD source (HDTV or HD stream).

koberlin

Post by koberlin » Nov 5th, '14, 19:28

MoerkJ wrote:thanks for the offer....

We already have a nice rip in high resolution (960x540 WMV9) at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127421.htm. I don't know what source was used for that rip.

A rip from DVD would have a similar resolution of 720x480 or 720x576. So, I guess the overall quality would be similar. It may depend on the used bitrate. For the existing 540p rip I calculated an overall bitrate of about 2674kbps (for video and audio).

IMHO, you could only achieve a higher quality if you rip from BlueRay or some other full HD source (HDTV or HD stream).
Actually the 720p HD rip is already available (AAC-NGB).

Thanks for offering anyway!