Where did you spend your vacations? ^^

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
White Reflection

Where did you spend your vacations? ^^

Post by White Reflection » Sep 13th, '11, 05:49

Please tell me where did you spend your vacations and what are your opinions about the places that you visited. ^^ and where do you wish to go? ^^

About me: Once in France and other time in Austria.

I like the weather in Austria. We stayed in “Vienna” and “Zell am see”.

I like “Zell am see” more. I like natural places. ^^

I did not have difficulty in breathing, coughing and sneezing when we were in “Zell am see” because it surrounded of green mountains.

The air was clean 100%; the people were friendly and the green everywhere.

I still have the photos of “Zell am see” in my mobile. ^^

I copied all photos and videos of Austria to everybody of my family.

I wish if I can live there. I wish if I did not come back to my country. (but I have to -_-“)

I saw the waterfalls, lakes, Albs Mountains, farms and many things.

I could not imagine that there is place of this beauty like “Zell am see”

I hope to have chance to go to “Switzerland” ^^

I am waiting for your reply. ^^

Thanks a lot. ^^

H a n a

Post by H a n a » Aug 11th, '12, 09:47

For me
I spent my vacation in Thailand (Bangkok)

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Jul 6th, '13, 05:32

The last trip I went on was to Siem Reap in Cambodia. The pictures don't do it justice. It is so much beautiful in person. I was able to get around the different temple ruins, including Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm (where they shot the Lara Croft film). So beautiful.

The food is interesting too. The people? They are simply wonderful. Very polite and accommodating. I will definitely go back there and stay longer. :)

erikai

Post by erikai » Dec 2nd, '14, 06:15

spent vacation in Hong Kong and Macau.
Food is great and affordable in HK. want to go back to do some shopping :)

dorawan89

Re: Where did you spend your vacations? ^^

Post by dorawan89 » Jan 23rd, '15, 02:11

i just got back from Tokyo last week. It was amazing!

I'm from a topical country, mind you, so winter is a bit something to look forward to. Spend the first day freezing my ass off around Tokyo area (Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, etc), second day went to Gala-Yuzawa for a bit of skiing experience and went to Setagaya Boroichi after returning to Tokyo. Oh and I went to visit Tokyo Camii as well. And third day just wandering around before having dinner with my old friend in Shibuya. She did all the food ordering, since my Japanese is limited to "ohayo", "arigato" and "wakarimasen" only :sweat:

I stayed in a traveler hostel in Asakusa, and i gotta tell you, Asakusa is a very, very lovely place to stay! Not too town-ish like Shibuya and Shinjuku, but not too quiet as well. and you can find cheap strawberry at the market here! And just a walk away from Tokyo Skytree and Sensoji Temple.

Too bad it was only a short trip. I'll go again this year, gonna do it for 2 full week! :cheers:

rahula

Post by rahula » Jan 24th, '15, 14:37

dorawan89 wrote:i just got back from Tokyo last week. It was amazing!

I'm from a topical country, mind you, so winter is a bit something to look forward to. Spend the first day freezing my ass off around Tokyo area (Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, etc), second day went to Gala-Yuzawa for a bit of skiing experience and went to Setagaya Boroichi after returning to Tokyo. Oh and I went to visit Tokyo Camii as well. And third day just wandering around before having dinner with my old friend in Shibuya. She did all the food ordering, since my Japanese is limited to "ohayo", "arigato" and "wakarimasen" only :sweat:

I stayed in a traveler hostel in Asakusa, and i gotta tell you, Asakusa is a very, very lovely place to stay! Not too town-ish like Shibuya and Shinjuku, but not too quiet as well. and you can find cheap strawberry at the market here! And just a walk away from Tokyo Skytree and Sensoji Temple.

Too bad it was only a short trip. I'll go again this year, gonna do it for 2 full week! :cheers:
I"m going there too =) end of feb/early march , and I'm also from a tropical country lol where are you from?

any tips of where to go outside the typical hyper-touristic route? secret spots? I'm collecting all possible suggestions

did you stay in a hotel you'd recommend?

dorawan89

Post by dorawan89 » Jan 26th, '15, 03:30

rahula wrote:
dorawan89 wrote:i just got back from Tokyo last week. It was amazing!

I"m going there too =) end of feb/early march , and I'm also from a tropical country lol where are you from?

any tips of where to go outside the typical hyper-touristic route? secret spots? I'm collecting all possible suggestions

did you stay in a hotel you'd recommend?

Hey there! I'm from Malaysia. you?

My suggestion: as you are going to Japan in winter, you can skip all the gardens. most of them are barren. unless if it is snowing! then you gotta go, at least to the Imperial East Garden, because it'll be lovely covered in snow. I went there during 2013 snow storm, it was absolutely beautiful.

To save some money, you can use a lot of pass/special tickets for the foreigners. You can get JR East Pass or JR Kanto Pass. I took the latter, only for 3 days validity for 8300yen. add another 1000yen, you can take connecting train to the Gala Yuzawa. As you're like me, coming from tropical country, I'm pretty sure you wanna see some snow, right? Chances of snow in Tokyo is a bit low, so, I'd suggest you to take the Joetsu Shinkansen, and went to Gala Yuzawa to play with snow. You can rent the equipment for around 10000yen (special discount using Kanto/East Pass) or just play with snow with sled for 950yen(need to show pass). if not, the price can go higher. Go to Gala during weekdays only as it would be crowded during weekends.

The pass can be use for most of JR trains in Tokyo and a few shinkansens. But if you're to skip using the pass, you can use other way to save some money. Like using Tokunai ticket for JR Yamanote Loop. I would suggest one day to spend along the Yamanote Loop, and one day for special places (I went for Setagaya Boroichi and Gala Yuzawa the second day) and spend the rest of the days just strolling along the town.

I stayed in Sakura Hostel in Asakusa. Lovely place, just behind Sensoji temple, and super nice staffs. The rooms are also cheap, and you can mingle around with other guests in the general common room. You can cook your own food there. But the only downside is the toilet is outside and the walkway corridor is extremely cold (especially after shower). But truly, truly amazing place, Asakusa is. very peaceful, quiet, and easy to find foods and souvenir too.

Special places: I'd say Ameyoko, Tokyo Camii, Shinjuku Park on weekend, and take river cruise from Asakusa to Odaiba. Odaiba itself is nice with Madame Tussauds, gigantic Gundam, and the rainbow bridge. Oh and Tokyo Skytree during night also beautiful, but they'll turn off the light at 11pm.

Can't wait to return back for my backpacking plan early next year! :dance:

jacky321

Post by jacky321 » Dec 3rd, '15, 04:26

Well buddies, I want to spend my vacation in happily and beautiful place. The Disneyland, Banff National Park and many other attractions are included in such kinds of places. I love nature places because these are represent the gorgeous views of Beauty. This winter I am thinking to go there NYC for fun. It is an ideal destination for it. What your plan this winter?

williamsmith

Post by williamsmith » Mar 26th, '19, 10:59

Hey there!

I'm going to go New York in the next holiday.

It's recomedable carry lightweight luggage or isn't a problem?

What places are recomended me to visit?

Thanks you!

FatLM

Post by FatLM » Mar 27th, '19, 14:48

I lived In Da Nang for more than a week and it was very cool. It's the fourth largest city in Vietnam and the landscapes are fascinating there. Fruits and seafood there is something that I fell in love with. There is a lot of interesting stuff to check out both in the city and province. But if you decide to see wild landscapes near the city it's better to think about mosquito protection - those bloodsuckers are so angry there.

TikGH

Post by TikGH » Jun 17th, '19, 14:09

i'm going to the sea

Stoop1r

Post by Stoop1r » Aug 5th, '19, 04:31

Wanna go in a mountain trip