Teach English abroad

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
NoRefund

Teach English abroad

Postby NoRefund » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:35 am

Hey all, I've been doing some research about places to travel to Korea and teach English for a period at least 1-2 months or so and after some studying, I found "Aclipse" seemed like a fairly decent program.. anyone know anything about this or other programs that are good to look into?

J-Pooh

Postby J-Pooh » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:18 am

I taught for a year in Korea at Chungdahm Institute (CDI) back in 2007. I saw Aclipse when I was out there and it was one of our hagwon's top competitors. For more info. you should check out Dave's ESL cafe at eslcafe.com.

NoRefund

Postby NoRefund » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:42 am

ah nice, tyty

madmanout

Postby madmanout » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 am

What usually are the requirements in order to get a teaching job in Korea? Are they strict with the requirements? Thanks! :)
Remember kids; Spam is bad for you!

kitsunebi77

Postby kitsunebi77 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:33 pm

I think everyone already knows about the JET Program in Japan, but it really is a great option if you aren't particular about where you'll be placed (i.e. don't mind living in the country).

As far as I know, it pays better than any non-university teaching job in Japan or Korea. It's actually a little ridiculous - we get paid around the same as an actual fully-qualified Japanese teacher. Assuming you live reasonably and aren't paying off debt or college loans, you can save a ton of money (I've saved around 15 grand US in a year and a half).

No requirements other than a bachelor's degree, but the competition is a bit fierce. Definitely worth giving it a shot if you're interested, though.

flake

Postby flake » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Every One !!!! There are always summer and winter camps for a month or so. Generally in Korea, if you leave before the contract ends there may be some penalties (you'll have to pay them back) for the ticket that they paid.
Business Marketing Services

YukawaManabu

Postby YukawaManabu » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:34 am

I would love to try and teach English in Japan. But I am afraid i am not exactly the kind of teacher most schools are looking for. I read a lot of articles and forum posts about it and well...I am not exactly a white female so... :unsure:

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:42 am

I suggest you check out this playlist by Gimmeaflakeman
He lives in Japan and works as an English teacher.
Great YouTube channel.

ironfeather

Re: Teach English abroad

Postby ironfeather » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:08 am

in Japan you can also work for small independent schools. I am not a teacher but I live in Japan and since I dont speak Japanese I have found myself teaching English to get by and turns out it is fun.
Stevyn IronFeather owner of Nandalow Book & Records Shop in Chitose Japan

AliciaNguyen

Re: Teach English abroad

Postby AliciaNguyen » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:39 pm

ironfeather wrote:in Japan you can also work for small independent schools. I am not a teacher but I live in Japan and since I dont speak Japanese I have found myself teaching English to get by and turns out it is fun.

It's really amazing experience I think :) Especially for those who likes children )