Finland

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
meme-sama

Finland

Post by meme-sama » Aug 6th, '08, 06:41

I’m moomin fan… I’ll spend my holiday in Europe. I found in da internet that there is a moomin museum and theme park in Finland. Is there any another places of moomin in other European countries? About the museum is it only for children and what abt the theme park? How to get there from London?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 7th, '08, 04:07

btw, we have a thread for finnish speakers.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_24929.htm

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Aug 7th, '08, 06:38

thnks :-)

zutsuu

Re: Finland

Post by zutsuu » Aug 20th, '08, 20:56

meme-sama wrote:I’m moomin fan… I’ll spend my holiday in Europe. I found in da internet that there is a moomin museum and theme park in Finland. Is there any another places of moomin in other European countries? About the museum is it only for children and what abt the theme park? How to get there from London?
You can fly directly to Tampere (where the Moomin museum is) from London with Ryanair. The Moomin museum is more based on the original Moomin tales and not the anime. Adults can go too of course. I've been there once with my gf :). The theme park is more of a commercial thing for kids influenced by the success the anime made. Never been there though, I guess the scenery is at least nice :D. If you know the philosophy of the original writer, she doesn't approve so much of these commercial adaptations that lost the true meaning of Moomin. Moomin is actually some pretty deep stuff ya know haha

dima
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dima » Oct 5th, '08, 14:07

I would like to add that there are other wonderful places to go in Finland than Muumi museum in Tampere. So don't look for something like that somewhere in Europe and come here!

:w00t: