Going to Taiwan

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
hamanokumko1212

Going to Taiwan

Post by hamanokumko1212 » May 8th, '07, 22:55

I'm not saying that I am anytime soon. I know someone who has. I want to go to Taiwan so badly though. I used to think that the only asian country I liked was Japan, and that was the only place I would travel, but I realize now that I love Taiwan, it's amazing. It's yeah.... I don't know. I just really would love to go there. I plan on living in asia one day...

Kataastaasang

Post by Kataastaasang » May 9th, '07, 01:32

ok..

leo008

Re: Going to Taiwan

Post by leo008 » May 9th, '07, 15:24

hamanokumko1212 wrote:I'm not saying that I am anytime soon. I know someone who has. I want to go to Taiwan so badly though. I used to think that the only asian country I liked was Japan, and that was the only place I would travel, but I realize now that I love Taiwan, it's amazing. It's yeah.... I don't know. I just really would love to go there. I plan on living in asia one day...
So tell us what you like so much about taiwan :lol . Anything/anyone in particular?

rosell

Post by rosell » May 16th, '07, 18:07

i want to go to taiwan to study mandarin (taichung) and plan to live there for a year to teach English to kids probably next year. will save money first. im from philippines by the way. have to check 101 and onsen there

TRaven

Post by TRaven » May 17th, '07, 04:43

I want to go to Taiwan to see if I can run into Ella, lmao

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Jul 5th, '07, 21:14

lol if I were to go to Taiwan I'd look for the park where Devil Beside you was filmed lmao :)

Madel5566

Post by Madel5566 » Jul 8th, '07, 08:00

Went there several times...It's a great place and all, and I can read traditional chinese very well, so no problems. The 101 is nothing really...have all those expensive shops but do go for the world's biggest ferris wheel behind 101.
>.<

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

wooh ahha...

Post by kylagurl » Feb 16th, '08, 08:04

ginny_lunallena wrote:lol if I were to go to Taiwan I'd look for the park where Devil Beside you was filmed lmao :)
Haha, this is funny! I think it's very hard to find. So many parks there. Not as if Mike will be there ahha... :D

I'll be going to Taiwan end of July/start of August from a few days for a stopover. I will be in New York before that and home sweet home is Singapore and school starts in early August...

I don't really want to go there that badly. But I've a fren who's crazy about Xiao JingTeng (I like him too) and she wants to go Taiwan so badly...

What can we do there? Shopping right? But I heard stuff there aren't as cheap. They are very modernized... I still think China's the cheapest...

Madel5566

Post by Madel5566 » Feb 17th, '08, 02:56

haha. I like xiao jing teng too. Great voice>.<but>.<-

the stuff there aren't all so cheap, but the larger the price is, the cheaper it is. they are really mordernised, and even though china's cheaper you got to worry about the food problem nya...

in taiwan, go take a look at the nature...to hualian to see the mountains, eat at the night market etc...it is not just about shopping ya'know...

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kylagurl » Feb 17th, '08, 13:31

Madel5566 wrote:haha. I like xiao jing teng too. Great voice>.<but>.<-

the stuff there aren't all so cheap, but the larger the price is, the cheaper it is. they are really mordernised, and even though china's cheaper you got to worry about the food problem nya...

in taiwan, go take a look at the nature...to hualian to see the mountains, eat at the night market etc...it is not just about shopping ya'know...
What do you mean by "Great voice" but...

My currency is Singapore dollars, so they are 20 times us.

Yea yea, I lurve nature! My father said Hualian is to place to go too haha. Are you from there?

Madel5566

Post by Madel5566 » Feb 18th, '08, 12:17

nope. I'm a singaporean, but I've been there 4 times, and i've stayed at least 2 weeks each time (once I stayed there for 6 weeks)

Anyways, I was saying xiao jing teng had a great voice but I like pan yu wen more...

And besides hualian, you can go yang ming shan to see the nature, or go tai nan to see the farms and such^^

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kylagurl » Feb 18th, '08, 14:54

Madel5566 wrote:nope. I'm a singaporean, but I've been there 4 times, and i've stayed at least 2 weeks each time (once I stayed there for 6 weeks)

Anyways, I was saying xiao jing teng had a great voice but I like pan yu wen more...

And besides hualian, you can go yang ming shan to see the nature, or go tai nan to see the farms and such^^
Wow, you go there for such a long duration for??? Wow! Do you stay in hotels? Any budget ones to recommend?

Ha, i nv watch xing guang bang YET so i don't know who's pan yu wen. Haha, yang ming shan very famous there right? Everytime i watch variety shows, they will say go dating on yang ming shan! Like everyone must do it!

I'll only have 4 days there, wonder can go so many places there a not...

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Apr 27th, '08, 08:42

I plan on visiting China one day, but not living there...
I think we have a much better lifestyle here in North America.

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kylagurl » Apr 27th, '08, 09:14

Ha I do think Canada is a great place to live in! You're lucky!

Nevertheless, every country has its pros and cons...

peachjunkie

Post by peachjunkie » Jun 15th, '08, 15:32

Awww, I want to go back to Taiwan again! I remember that I used to the Night Market was the best thing ever. That and their subways. SO much cleaner than the ones here in NYC.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Jun 15th, '08, 18:37

i've been to Taipei for a holiday last year. ^^

anyway for those that want to go Taipei and hoping by chance you might meet your idol, i suggest waiting outside the GTV Building where they film the variety show 100% Entertainment (Yu Le Bai Fen Bai) for them if they have promotions going on for dramas or albums. you can check the schedule about 1 week in advance and see the guest list for the live episodes. unless ur idol is Xiao Zhu or Xiao Gui, chances are still very slim and you gotta have a huge dose of luck so good luck :)

oh and Xiao Gui is a very nice person. he took pictures with all the fangirls (including me) when he came out. :D

xxSaranghaeyoxx3

Post by xxSaranghaeyoxx3 » Jul 11th, '08, 04:03

Taiwan's pretty cool, lots of spicy seafoods XD

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jul 27th, '08, 08:49

It has been ages since I was there, but I remember driving to a zoo with bears (behind a large, deep moat), where we threw dog food at them, and they caught it with their mouths. I hope that conditions have improved since then!

I definitely remember Mum went to the night markets just about every chance she got, and bought piles of cheap, moslty useless stuff. I think most of that is still lying around somewhere in a dark place.

LiL_gianT23

Post by LiL_gianT23 » Nov 16th, '08, 03:32

i don't just want to go there.. I want to live in Taiwan!! haha maybe 6months or more.. depending on how fast or "slow?" i could learn their language.. Ohh!! i just to be in Taiwan~~,

tavon1

Post by tavon1 » Nov 16th, '08, 03:42

I want to go study aboard in Taiwan

jazzyface

Post by jazzyface » Dec 22nd, '08, 21:51

I am studying in Taiwan as an exchange student starting in July.
I will be there for 12 months. I am very excited!

ai08conan

Post by ai08conan » Apr 14th, '09, 08:06

j_halo7 wrote:i've been to Taipei for a holiday last year. ^^

anyway for those that want to go Taipei and hoping by chance you might meet your idol, i suggest waiting outside the GTV Building where they film the variety show 100% Entertainment (Yu Le Bai Fen Bai) for them if they have promotions going on for dramas or albums. you can check the schedule about 1 week in advance and see the guest list for the live episodes. unless ur idol is Xiao Zhu or Xiao Gui, chances are still very slim and you gotta have a huge dose of luck so good luck :)

oh and Xiao Gui is a very nice person. he took pictures with all the fangirls (including me) when he came out. :D
can't you just queue as the audience. my friends in taiwan tell me it's pretty easy. and yes, my idols are xiao zhu and xiao gui. but i'd really like to meet da tou. he seems funny.

ellikadan2x

Post by ellikadan2x » Apr 16th, '09, 09:34

I haven't been there yet.
If ever I would have a chance to visit Taiwan, I would be really happy.
I really want to see Asian Artists.
So far, as I have watched, the sceneries there are quite great!

ai08conan

Post by ai08conan » Apr 16th, '09, 17:14

Yeah. I'm going to Taipei all of this summer and Japan and Singapore in between. I'm sooo excited!

cyanidestarz

Post by cyanidestarz » Apr 16th, '09, 17:40

i wanna go for the ferris wheel! :goggle:

closet_queen

Post by closet_queen » Sep 12th, '09, 14:18

Hi Everyone,
I plan to go to Taiwan Oct.23-25. Any suggestions on where to go? places to visit? I'm also hoping to see a concert or drama promotions... Any idea where I can research these stuff?
Thanks!

jacky321

Post by jacky321 » Dec 5th, '15, 06:18

Well buddy, I have no idea about Taiwan and other things of it. After reading all posts, I can see that you had spent a great time here. I get lots of information in your posts. Being a tourist, I am thinking to go there in the future after finishing my los angeles to grand canyon tours. I am going this tour with my father. I hope I will spend a nice time here.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Dec 5th, '15, 13:00

jacky321 wrote:....
could you please stop spamming and reviving old threads without actually sharing anything worthwhile! (we all understood that you like to travel ... after 16 posts of ... nothing)

to be honest: you come over as someone from a travelagency testing the waters...