Recommended C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
boxxx

Post by boxxx » Jun 8th, '10, 00:53

Can't find any good Jdramas I haven't seen so I'm switching to TWDramas... I've watched MARS, Hana Kimi TW, Devil Beside You, Fated to Love You, Why Why Love and I'm just starting Down with Love since it sounded funny and I really liked Ella in Hana Kimi TW. I was wondering if I Want to be a Hard Persimmon was good? I was considering watching Autumn's Concerto, but for some reason I find TWDramas so overly dramatic compared to JDramas that its almost difficult to watch them...Fated to Love You was almost more than I could take, and I had to skip parts of the last episodes of Why Why Love since it got soooo dramatic. I like things that are light and funny. Drama is good, but when things are overly dramatic its hard for me to watch them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Preferrably suggestions that I can actually torrent from d-addicts or one of the fansubbing sites like sublimes or doremii since all the TWDramas that I want to watch aren't on d-addicts anymore for some reason?

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Jun 10th, '10, 06:58

Can you recommend any series that has similar "feel" with Fated To Love You and Autumn Concerto? Same level of maturity but not too heavy.

Thank you! :)

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Jun 21st, '10, 22:39

ilovetrenchooo wrote:Can you recommend any series that has similar "feel" with Fated To Love You and Autumn Concerto? Same level of maturity but not too heavy.

Maybe you should watch "My Lucky Star"

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Jun 21st, '10, 22:43

boxxx wrote:Can't find any good Jdramas I haven't seen so I'm switching to TWDramas... I've watched MARS, Hana Kimi TW, Devil Beside You, Fated to Love You, Why Why Love and I'm just starting Down with Love since it sounded funny and I really liked Ella in Hana Kimi TW. I was wondering if I Want to be a Hard Persimmon was good? I was considering watching Autumn's Concerto, but for some reason I find TWDramas so overly dramatic compared to JDramas that its almost difficult to watch them...Fated to Love You was almost more than I could take, and I had to skip parts of the last episodes of Why Why Love since it got soooo dramatic. I like things that are light and funny. Drama is good, but when things are overly dramatic its hard for me to watch them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Preferrably suggestions that I can actually torrent from d-addicts or one of the fansubbing sites like sublimes or doremii since all the TWDramas that I want to watch aren't on d-addicts anymore for some reason?
Well , i don't know what to suggest you , but i can tell you to skip K-Dramas since they are more overly dramatic than TW and J-Dramas. Maybe you should consider not to watch Asian dramas at all , even the funniest romantic comedy get dramatic at some point.

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Jun 22nd, '10, 10:34

riki_kun wrote:
ilovetrenchooo wrote:Can you recommend any series that has similar "feel" with Fated To Love You and Autumn Concerto? Same level of maturity but not too heavy.

Okay, I will. Thank you. :)

shockwavemasta

Post by shockwavemasta » Jun 27th, '10, 07:26

ilovetrenchooo wrote:
riki_kun wrote:

Okay, I will. Thank you. :)
down with love too

can anybody recommend me that's anything similar to autumn's concerto?
or the opposite
like corner with love and fated to love you

Cyborg Ninja

Post by Cyborg Ninja » Jun 27th, '10, 08:17

I'm looking for recommendations for Chinese TV shows. I'm not interested in the stereotypical teenage stuff. For English-language shows, I like The Wire, 24, Prison Break, etc, and for Japanese shows I liked 1 Litre of Tears, Bloody Monday, Monster, Tiger and Dragon - shows geared more toward men or have a deep storyline.

JoeGoddard

Post by JoeGoddard » Jul 7th, '10, 05:17

The Best in my opinion and I have watched each of the first 5 probably 4 times each at the least.

1. Tian Long Ba Bu=Demons-gods and Semi-devils
2. Laughing in the Wind-State of Divinity 2001
3. The Legend of Arching Hero 2003
4. The Return of the Condor Heroes 2006
5. Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain 2007

Seven Swords of Mt. Tian 2005
Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2003
Da Ren Wu

JoeGoddard

Post by JoeGoddard » Jul 7th, '10, 05:20

Can someone tell me why such a great actor as Li Yapeng only starred in " Laughing in the Wind " and " The Legend of Arching Hero." I know his wife is a famous singer but does he do any other type of work? His credits only lists those 2 shows. He is one of my favorites

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Joe

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Jul 7th, '10, 11:55

Hey guys!:) Can you help me which series should I watch next? I've got a couple of T-drama titles here, will you give me feedbacks on it. Thanks! :)

1. Brown Sugar Macchiato
2. Down With Love
3. Easy Fortune Happy Life
4. Sweet Relationship
5. Silence
6. Black and White
7, Wish To See You Again
8. Hi Working Girl
9. Love Storm

THANKS

shockwavemasta

Post by shockwavemasta » Jul 8th, '10, 02:38

ilovetrenchooo wrote:Hey guys!:) Can you help me which series should I watch next? I've got a couple of T-drama titles here, will you give me feedbacks on it. Thanks! :)

1. Brown Sugar Macchiato
2. Down With Love
4. Sweet Relationship
5. Silence
6. Black and White
7, Wish To See You Again
8. Hi Working Girl
9. Love Storm

THANKS
black and white is probably at the top of that list hahaha
except waiting for the sequel is so hard >.<
maybe u could wait until the sequel comes out (it's a movie) so u wouldn't be waiting because the series is really really good hahaha

tbh down with love isn't really all that good only the beginning 3 and ending 3 episodes are really good the middle drags a lot if u like those dramas i guess u could go for it

i think u prob should go for brown sugar macchiato first (even though black and white is really good) i haven't seen BSM yet though but i heard it's good the rest i haven't heard much about except silence it's either u really hate it or love it and easy fortune happy life is decent

1. black and white
2. brown sugar macchiato
3. easy fortune happy life
the rest i dunno but down with love is probably near the end of that list if u really wanted to watch it

shockwavemasta

Post by shockwavemasta » Jul 8th, '10, 02:43

Cyborg Ninja wrote:I'm looking for recommendations for Chinese TV shows. I'm not interested in the stereotypical teenage stuff. For English-language shows, I like The Wire, 24, Prison Break, etc, and for Japanese shows I liked 1 Litre of Tears, Bloody Monday, Monster, Tiger and Dragon - shows geared more toward men or have a deep storyline.
definitely black and white haha
the beginning is really funny
but from there it starts to get darker and the plot becomes mind blowing

i was wondering if anybody could recommend any series to me?
i've watched:
fated to love you
down with love
corners with love (meh)
autumn's concerto (love this)
hi my sweetheart
my lucky star - this drama has a really good ending
black and white (love this)

impulse101

Post by impulse101 » Jul 29th, '10, 09:50

Cyborg Ninja wrote:I'm looking for recommendations for Chinese TV shows. I'm not interested in the stereotypical teenage stuff. For English-language shows, I like The Wire, 24, Prison Break, etc, and for Japanese shows I liked 1 Litre of Tears, Bloody Monday, Monster, Tiger and Dragon - shows geared more toward men or have a deep storyline.
I am on the same page with above. I like the same type of shows. Check out Liar Game, Trick and IRIS (Korea's answer to 24). The ones I mentioned aren't Chinese but like you I want recommendations on hardcore action plot driven drama's like Bloody Monday, not Romantic Comedy Drama's.

jessyj

Post by jessyj » Jul 29th, '10, 10:22

impulse101 wrote:
I am on the same page with above. I like the same type of shows. Check out Liar Game, Trick and IRIS (Korea's answer to 24). The ones I mentioned aren't Chinese but like you I want recommendations on hardcore action plot driven drama's like Bloody Monday, not Romantic Comedy Drama's.
hmm . . .
- Black & White
- Pi Li MIT (a.k.a. Clue Collector)
thats all the chinese ones i can think of for now

Japanese:
Love Game (?)
Kurosagi
Tantei Gakuen Q

ryoung871

Recommended dramas?

Post by ryoung871 » Aug 9th, '10, 03:01

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I have two requests that I hope some of you can oblige. First is for my grandma. She lives alone, but very close to me, and I want to get her some Chinese dramas and movies. The only title that I know she really loved was Shanghai Bund, aka The Bund. She loved both the version from the 80's with Chow Yun Fat and the new one from 2007. I know she occasionally watches ones based during the the ancient dynasty periods. For those in the bay area, she watches the ones on KTSF too. Any recommendations for her based on this information? Both Mandarin and Cantonese are fine.

Secondly, I want to improve my Cantonese, so any good movies for a 23 year old guy who likes movies that present realistic plots, good storyline, and have English subtitles?

Thx in advance!

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Aug 13th, '10, 18:21

I've just finished Sweet Relationship. I must say I LOVE it from its first moment to the last.
Although I'm a fan of Vic Zhou, and he really did a great job and I admit his acting skills are getting better and better, I would like this drama without him as much as this way!
It has an interesting, less unrealistic story, it's well written, well directed, its soundtrack is nice too. The characters are superb and each and every actor played them well. In general it's very cute but there were times when it was so funny I fell down my chair. :lol Honestly, I like everything.
I adore the personality of Vic's character :D :wub: and the way the leading lady is eating. :lol I haven't met such a cute girl recently.
I think the story is a bit slow, but if you like cooking you won't mind it. Meals are so wonderful to look at too. I wasn't bored at all. It isn't draggy, but because of cooking is more focused in the story, the leads' relationship develops slowlier.
In brief: it's exatcly like its title: sweet! :wub: If you like Vic Zhou, Patty Hou, Alan Kuo and cooking, I definitely recommend this one.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Sep 12th, '10, 09:55

cyborg ninja i would recommend bump off lover. It's a mystery/phycological suspense. It's really intense with good acting. I know it's not along the lines of 24 but as far as taiwanese dramas go it's deeper and darker than all the ones I have watched. I would also recommend the devil(its a korean drama but really really good). you might also want to check out the outsiders. I haven't seen it but I have heard it's good. Might be based on the book the outsiders? There is an American movie based on the book that is really good.

forevergirl

Post by forevergirl » Sep 14th, '10, 02:51

does anyone, knows where can I watch THE SWAP PRINCESS 2? with english subs..pls pls pls help me Im dying to see

AND KINDLY RECOMMEND A WUXIA DRAMA,

i RECOMMEND CHINESE PALADIN 3 ITS SUCH AMAZING STORY,

marlnobaka

Post by marlnobaka » Sep 16th, '10, 03:22

Can somebody recommend me a subbed Cantonese drama? I'd really prefer a mystery (or crime/thriller) one.

I've already watched 'To Get Unstuck in Time.'

Thanks!

OhSnap

Post by OhSnap » Nov 17th, '10, 04:53

Great thread but just like my previous post on Recommended J-dramas, its too long to search through lol I forget who stated it in this thread but they made a statement bout some taiwanese dramas being a lil bit over the top dramatic. Can anyone recommend to me some good taiwanese dramas from 2000-Present that have good endings? I like all genres cept the wuxia and sports ones :) I've seen Mars, Black & White, Autumn's Concerto, Silence and Huan Huan Ai. All we're pretty great imo. Anyways, you guys are great. Hope someone can help me out with as many good recommendations as they can. Cheers.

keonii7

Post by keonii7 » Nov 23rd, '10, 11:17

I'm a huge fan of KO One, X-Family, and KO 3an Guo. Funny series.

Also, The Outsiders is great, and so is iPartment.

legolasw

I am looking for TV series similar to "Laughing in the

Post by legolasw » Dec 15th, '10, 16:22

Hi,

I hope I wrote in the right section of the forum. I am a big big fan of Chinese Wuxia series and watched as much as 10 of them.

The series I liked the most are:

Laughing in the Wind
Legend of condor heroes
The Return of the Condor Heroes

I am looking for TV series similar to "Laughing in the Wind", it was so nice so charming that I watched it 5 times in past 6-7 years.

Any suggestion is welcome.

cim

Post by cim » Dec 17th, '10, 04:00

reply the upstaris:
天龙八部(tian long ba bu),a.k.a Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils.
introduce's here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi-Gods_ ... TV_series)

legolasw

Post by legolasw » Dec 17th, '10, 16:29

cim wrote:reply the upstaris:
天龙八部(tian long ba bu),a.k.a Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils.
introduce's here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi-Gods_ ... TV_series)
Thank you for the reply, I already watched this series and I can say it was really nice. Suggestions are welcome..

cim

Post by cim » Dec 17th, '10, 18:07

According your records,all series you've watched belongs JinYong.
Maybe wanna try GuLong wuxia?
i.g.小李飞刀(sorry,I don't know the translation,Xiao Li and his flying sword,perhaps?)there'are two classic versions which are known as 1999's and 2002's.And the latter is the sequel of the former.And there's a new one made in 2007,and saids would release in 2010...but seems imposible.
Or,楚留香传奇(don't know the official translation either,The legend of ChuLiuXiang,perhaps).There'are also many version of it.The latest one is release in 2007.
Or,萧十一郎(...I don't know how to translate.The guy whose name is Xiao shi yi lang=w=?or just Xiao shi yi lang?)There're two versions of relatively latest series of this book.One is TVB2001 version.Another is 2002's version.As my experience,the 02's version is more famouse.
oh,it's named as Treasure Raiders in TVB2001 version.

eh,actually,I don't like GuLong wuxia,I prefer JinYong.But I guess you have watched all JinYong wuxia series.So...maybe you would like them.

karrontu

Post by karrontu » Dec 20th, '10, 22:26

marlnobaka wrote:Can somebody recommend me a subbed Cantonese drama? I'd really prefer a mystery (or crime/thriller) one.

I've already watched 'To Get Unstuck in Time.'

Thanks!
I know a couple, D.I.E. , A pillow case of mystery, Forensic Hero, shi da qi yuan, Armed Reaction, Every Move you Make, and The Threshold of a Persona ... I got more but I forgot their names >.< lol...
----------
For Wuxia ones try A step into the past, Chinese paladin 3, Taiji Prodigy, The Duke of Mount Deer (Jin Yong's novel if you haven't seen yet), Legendary twin, Lotus Lantern, The legend of Crazy Monk (I wouldn't really consider this ...wuxia but still worth watching), God of Honour.

karmela_cs88

Post by karmela_cs88 » Dec 24th, '10, 23:24

Hi guys..
i read that there's a lot of good review about ISWAK (It Started With A Kiss)..
but i cant find the torrents anywhere in this site..
can somebody let me know where to find the torrent?

and also..
currently, i'm trying to download "The Outsiders"..
there's only season 1.. and don't have any seeders.. hiks.. :'(
can anybody help me to seed pleaseee..
and do anybody know where to download the season 2?

thanks ALOT.. for the help and reply.. ^^

legolasw

Post by legolasw » Jan 14th, '11, 08:48

Hi,

If you are familiar with wuxia tv series, I am looking to know what is the best tv series based on the following Jin Yong novels:

- Blood Cold & Proud Hot
- Legend of condor heroes
- Return of condor heroes

Thank you.

zhiting13

Post by zhiting13 » Jan 26th, '11, 01:14

Some dramas I recommend are...
~Love Buffet
~Summer's Desire
~Summer x Summer
~Wei Xiao Pasta (Smiling Pasta)
~My Lucky Star
~Hana Kimi
~It Started With a Kiss 
~Calling for Big Star/Calling for Love 呼叫大明星

zhiting13

Post by zhiting13 » Jan 26th, '11, 01:31

gilnis wrote:I've just finished Sweet Relationship. I must say I LOVE it from its first moment to the last.
Although I'm a fan of Vic Zhou, and he really did a great job and I admit his acting skills are getting better and better, I would like this drama without him as much as this way!
It has an interesting, less unrealistic story, it's well written, well directed, its soundtrack is nice too. The characters are superb and each and every actor played them well. In general it's very cute but there were times when it was so funny I fell down my chair. :lol Honestly, I like everything.
I adore the personality of Vic's character :D :wub: and the way the leading lady is eating. :lol I haven't met such a cute girl recently.
I think the story is a bit slow, but if you like cooking you won't mind it. Meals are so wonderful to look at too. I wasn't bored at all. It isn't draggy, but because of cooking is more focused in the story, the leads' relationship develops slowlier.
In brief: it's exatcly like its title: sweet! :wub: If you like Vic Zhou, Patty Hou, Alan Kuo and cooking, I definitely recommend this one.
LOL I totally agree =]

zhiting13

Post by zhiting13 » Jan 26th, '11, 02:03

riki_kun wrote:I just recently started to watch TwDramas , well i'm not new to Asian dramas since i've seen quite a lot of Japanese and Korean dramas. I'll be really thankful if can someone suggest me some more dramas worth watching, but please avoid those with sad/tragic ending i don't really like them, i'll list now the ones i've seen so far.

-Autumn's Concerto (just amazing, definitely the best asian drama i've seen)

-Fated to Love You (another great drama , really loved it)

-Hi! My Sweetheart ( it was great and almost believable until ep.12 , then the silliness of the last 2 episodes ruined it for me , i like romantic and funny comedy but not silly)

-Devil Beside You ( it was ok but nothing special, i didn't like the ending especially)

-It Started With a Kiss ( I dropped it after 6-7 episodes , maybe because i watched the anime first that is a lot better)
Have you watched the korean version of It Started With a Kiss? I loved that much better. And I thought the korean Drama "Goong" was real good too =]
The Taiwanese Dramas I've watched are:
~Summer's Desire
~Summer x Summer
~My Lucky Star
~Smiling Pasta (Wei Xiao Pasta)
~Sweet Relationship (Mei Wei Guan Xi)
~Love Buffet [still airing]
~Down with Love (Jiu Xiang Lai Zhe Ni)
~Hana Kimi (Shao Nian Shao Nu)
~Calling for Big Star/Calling for Love (Hu Jiao Da Ming Xing)
These are all I have so far, lol..there might be more but I just don't remember right now. And for other people, I'm searching for a taiwanese drama right now, so if you have any recommendations for me, I'd be glad to take it. I'm looking for the romance high school taiwanese dramas that are within 2009-2010-2011. If it isn't high school but it's still really good, then please recommend it =] Thanks!!!

zhiting13

Post by zhiting13 » Jan 26th, '11, 02:09

ilovetrenchooo wrote:Hey guys!:) Can you help me which series should I watch next? I've got a couple of T-drama titles here, will you give me feedbacks on it. Thanks! :)

1. Brown Sugar Macchiato
2. Down With Love
4. Sweet Relationship
5. Silence
6. Black and White
7, Wish To See You Again
8. Hi Working Girl
9. Love Storm

THANKS
I loved Down with Love and Sweet Relationship =]

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Jan 26th, '11, 03:15

Hi all. I am looking for the China Central Television (Focus on China)) 2009 TV drama - Live With In-laws. It was shown here in the Caribbean last year but not for anything can I find it available for download anywhere. Can someone tell me if they heard about that drama and saw it on a video download site anywhere.
The show is about a young man and his new bride who, of course, live with his parents - Jianhua & Siping Ou - and his paternal grandmother. The young man's name is Daliang; his wife: Xiaorui (Wu Rui); his former girl friend, He Ning and her young son, Duoduo (suspected at first to be Daliang's child); his sister Xiao.
The drama ran about 20 eps and at the end Xiaorui was pregnant, much to the delight of her mother-in-law and her grandmother-in-law.
Sounds familiar?

Kerye

Post by Kerye » Feb 20th, '11, 18:59

Does anyone have any recommendations for more "serious" dramas? (ie. Autumn's Concerto) I'm not a big fan of the cheesy romantic comedies that pepper Chinese/TW dramas (I like some, but most don't really appeal to me). I like ancient/wuxia dramas as well as more modern ones (although it's pretty hard to find good modern ones IMO).

I've watched: Mars, Autumn's Concerto, Hong Fu Nu, Spirit of the Sword, Meteor Garden, Peach Girl, Hana Kimi, ISWAK, Return of the Condor Heroes

And I've started but stopped partway through: Easy Fortune Happy Life, 100% Senorita, At the Dolphin Bay, Romantic Princess, Fated to Love You

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 20th, '11, 19:13

Fated To Love You was serious dealing with heartbreak, family arguing, poverty, abortion, and pre-marital sex. It had some funny "cheesy" parts only to lighten up the drama, I just skipped thru the cheesy scenes. You may have to watch the historical dramas because the others are really cheesy. Da Tang Fu Rong Yuan is supposed to be a good historical drama.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Feb 21st, '11, 16:18

zhiting13 wrote:
riki_kun wrote: -It Started With a Kiss ( I dropped it after 6-7 episodes , maybe because i watched the anime first that is a lot better)
Have you watched the korean version of It Started With a Kiss? I loved that much better.
At first I also thought exactly the same. I watched the Korean version and the anime before ISWAK. I felt it isn't enough funny, maybe it can be irritating and I was bored.
But exactly after the 7-8 eps (I mean the dvd version), it suddenly changed. It became very good and it was just getting better and better. By the time I watched the next seven episodes, I had totally fallen in love with the taiwanese version and had forgotten all the other ones forever! Taiwanese one is funnier, cuter and has greater acting. The second half of the drama was simply hilarious!!! I highly recommend it!!
I thought this was the climax, but ISWAK 2 was even a lot better. It hardly can be compared to the first. Second season is super funny and sweet again and again!! Even if you want to drop the first season, and your choice is the Korean version, you should still watch this one! (It begins with the honeymoon.) You definitely won't regret it! :thumright:

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Feb 21st, '11, 16:31

1. Brown Sugar Macchiato
2. Down With Love
4. Sweet Relationship
5. Silence
6. Black and White
7, Wish To See You Again
8. Hi Working Girl
9. Love Storm

THANKS
You should NEVER watch Love Storm!
I really love Vic, but it's a huge NO!! :thumbdown:

The first half of the drama: Barbie dolls ("What's the problem with being a Barbie girl?" - said the female lead.), lollypops and everything and everywhere was pink, tiringly "funny" and cheesy.
The second half of the drama: byebye Barbie problems forever and hello maffia, guns, kidnapping, murder, betrayal, very dark storyline.
I've just said: WTF???!! :blink :blink Really, it was horrible. I don't know how could they wrote such a script. But as a Vic fan, it was my duty to watch it, lol.

zhiting13

Re: recomendations?

Post by zhiting13 » Feb 24th, '11, 19:19

wwp8 wrote:hi, can anyone recomend me any CANTONESE language series,
i'm new here and dl my first one BUT its in MANDARIN

i don't suppose there is any DICKY CHEUNG ones.
i have bought Most if not all of his series
There are some:
-Links to Temptaion
-Beauty Knows No Pain
-Yes Sir No Sir

sabuytua

thank

Post by sabuytua » Mar 1st, '11, 09:58

thanks

zhiting13

Re: thank

Post by zhiting13 » Mar 2nd, '11, 23:43

sabuytua wrote:thanks
You can find the downloads on www.feverforum.com

jocast

[CDrama] Searching for a particular CDrama

Post by jocast » Mar 15th, '11, 20:52

Hi guys,

I have already seen several japanese dramas but i'd like to change cause i feel i have seen the most interesting ones ... Besides i'm studying chinese, so it's good to improve my skills :D .

I'm searching for a C drama that looks like some jap drama i've really liked such as stand up!, Ikebukoro West Gate Park, Nobuta wo Produce and densha otoko. I've liked those cause the actors are pretty good and funny :mrgreen: .
Although it looks like a real japanese's life and there's a lot of scenes that pictures Tokyo, so it's cool for me to see how japanses live ^^ .

I don't really know how to say it but, I feel there's a special atmosphere and i like it :P

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 15th, '11, 21:17

Some if not all of these are Taiwanese dramas. Puppet Princess is more knowledgeable about your specifics and could recommend a better selection for you. I am rather picky (taste) when it comes to dramas but here are my recommendations:

1. Devil Beside You
2. Why Why Love
3. Fated to Love You
4. Love Buffet - You may like this one but I didn't. .
5. Smiling Pasta
6. Easy Fortune Happy Life

jocast

Post by jocast » Mar 15th, '11, 22:28

Thanks, i'm gonna try those.

It's good you're picky, cause i'm a bit too, especially when it comes too acting.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 16th, '11, 03:51

No problem. This specific thread doesn't get as much activity as Jdrama and Kdrama get so I just try to help out.

mami.mimi

Looking for some drama recommendations...

Post by mami.mimi » Apr 6th, '11, 11:31

Hi everyone. Hopin that i can get a few suggestions for Cdramas (or Taiwanese)... I have seen a few cdramas, wuxia genre, but im lookin to branch away from that and try something new. Other than wuxia, I've only seen Autumn's Concerto..and i loved it. So something similar to that would be great! Or anything that would be considered a must-see to start me off (preferably something available on this site so i can access it). Thanks very much in advance.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Apr 6th, '11, 12:11

Hi mami.mimi. Why not try "Fated to Love You" (Taiwan 2008)
I have not viewed it as yet but it seems to be quite popular >>
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Fated_to_Love_You
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_59938.htm

luver

Post by luver » Apr 7th, '11, 03:37

iluvasiandrama wrote:No problem. This specific thread doesn't get as much activity as Jdrama and Kdrama get so I just try to help out.
right on, man~! i mean as much as i love jap (bc they're so short) and kor (bc the script is slightly better), there needs to be some more recognition with chinese dramas. they hardly get ANY credit..

some dramas i recently got hooked into:

MY DAUGHTER (not subbed, please help out viki)
FALL IN LOVE (subbed on viki)

PLEASE RECOMMEND MORE.. i AM in the my CHINESE mood now. and planning to learn chinese in the summer.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 7th, '11, 04:01

luver wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:No problem. This specific thread doesn't get as much activity as Jdrama and Kdrama get so I just try to help out.
right on, man~! i mean as much as i love jap (bc they're so short) and kor (bc the script is slightly better), there needs to be some more recognition with chinese dramas. they hardly get ANY credit..

some dramas i recently got hooked into:

MY DAUGHTER (not subbed, please help out viki)
FALL IN LOVE (subbed on viki)

PLEASE RECOMMEND MORE.. i AM in the my CHINESE mood now. and planning to learn chinese in the summer.
Me too... :lol. Do you watch Kung Fu/Martial Arts or romance comedy dramas? I am currently watching (some are Hong Kong dramas)

Grace under Fire (subbed up to ep. 16 but more soon) - watching
Fistful of Stances (fully subbed) - watching
Jade Palace Lock Heart - On my list. I hear it's good.
Chinese Paladin - On my list. I am on the fence about Ariel Lin but I hear this drama is good
Da Ren Wu - On my list.

You can go here to get synposis, reviews & download links:
http://www.azdrama.net/hk-drama/
http://www.azdrama.net/english/ - English subtitle page
http://www.phimtvb.net/search/label/Chi ... results=10 - English sub page

I wanted to watch something different and I really enjoy these so far. I'll have to check out Fall in Love. I can't watch anything on Viki because they break up the episodes into too many parts it's so annoying have to click and wait for each part to load. It takes forever. I go to megavideo and watch the full-length episodes :D

Taiwanese dramas - there are so many of them that I have watched so I will just say that I tend to follow dramas starring Rainie Yang, Mike He, Vic Zhou (except Mars) Barbie Xu (except Mars) and some others.

mami.mimi

Post by mami.mimi » Apr 8th, '11, 01:00

chuegl wrote:Hi mami.mimi. Why not try "Fated to Love You" (Taiwan 2008)
I have not viewed it as yet but it seems to be quite popular >>
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Fated_to_Love_You
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_59938.htm
thanks for the suggestion!!

Xume

Post by Xume » May 3rd, '11, 04:54

if u like fated to love u, u can try hi my sweetheart and sunny happiness~

gr8leo87

Drama recommendation please!!

Post by gr8leo87 » May 24th, '11, 18:24

Hey guys

I have been out of the drama scene for a while now.

I was looking if you guys could suggest me some action/kung fu drama like Legend of Condor Heroes.

I have been fan of kungfu and stuff and been out of the scene. So I was wondering if you guys could suggest me some new dramas along that genre of kungfu stuff.

Last one I watched was Legend of Condor Heroes 2008. Before that I have watched like 4-5 series which I unfortunately don't remember the name anymore :( Tian Long Ba Bu?? I watched that too :/

But any recent series in that genre please recommend.

Oh yeah it needs to be SUBBED in english. Or atleast has english subtitles.. I'm not chinese guys :)

Best Regards

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 24th, '11, 18:33

Rosy Business - Female lead. I have it on my "watch" list. Heard good things about it.
Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei - Sort of a replica of Iljimae but different. More amusing than serious so far, I'm on episode 8. I haven't noticed a love interest yet. Viki has Eng subs.
Grace Under Fire -This was pretty good. It is a TVB and if you like multiple deaths then you might like it. The love triangle was way off though. phim88 has the Eng subs

gr8leo87

Post by gr8leo87 » May 24th, '11, 19:01

Thank so much.

Anyone else with their recommendation for hard care kung fu/fantasy kung fu fan?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 24th, '11, 19:13

Since you are looking for wuxia try posting in the Chinese forums here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_58604.htm. You might get more response this way.

ahireasu
Greece

Post by ahireasu » Jun 3rd, '11, 05:56

iluvasiandrama wrote:Since you are looking for wuxia try posting in the Chinese forums here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_58604.htm. You might get more response this way.
Hi iluvasiandrama, Ariel Lin doesn't play on Chinese Paladin and return of the condor heroes,she was on legend of the condor heroes, so you can watch them without fear.

I would suggest to watch first Chinese paladin since I believe return of the condor heroes is far better, on the other hand I just finished Gong aka Jade palace lockheart and I recommend it, it's really nice.

Any suggestions similar to jade palace?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 3rd, '11, 22:25

ahireasu wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:Since you are looking for wuxia try posting in the Chinese forums here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_58604.htm. You might get more response this way.
Hi iluvasiandrama, Ariel Lin doesn't play on Chinese Paladin and return of the condor heroes,she was on legend of the condor heroes, so you can watch them without fear.

I would suggest to watch first Chinese paladin since I believe return of the condor heroes is far better, on the other hand I just finished Gong aka Jade palace lockheart and I recommend it, it's really nice.

Right I remember her in LOTCH and that is the one I really want to watch because of Hu Ge :( but that's ok I will add ROTCH to my list to watch. Ok I'll add Chinese Paladin to my list except for the season Ariel is in, I think it might be S2 but she is definitely in one of the seasons :unsure:

I'm currently watching Treasure Venture. It's very comical with lots of martial arts very good acting IMO. You might like it - http://ancientchinese.net/series/treasureventure/
http://ancientchinese.net/series/treasureventure/watch/

ahireasu
Greece

Post by ahireasu » Jun 4th, '11, 10:54

iluvasiandrama wrote:
ahireasu wrote:

Right I remember her in LOTCH and that is the one I really want to watch because of Hu Ge :( but that's ok I will add ROTCH to my list to watch. Ok I'll add Chinese Paladin to my list except for the season Ariel is in, I think it might be S2 but she is definitely in one of the seasons :unsure:

I'm currently watching Treasure Venture. It's very comical with lots of martial arts very good acting IMO. You might like it - http://ancientchinese.net/series/treasureventure/
http://ancientchinese.net/series/treasureventure/watch/
Don't worry in Chinese Paladin 1 is our favorite Hu Ge and no Ariel Lin.

livia208

Post by livia208 » Jun 14th, '11, 16:18

can anyone recommended me some good china mainland series to watch ? Thanks
preferably something modern.. ancient series are good too but i pretty much watched most of the poplar ones already so yeah

drupayola

Post by drupayola » Jun 14th, '11, 17:23

我最喜欢的:
1. 十面埋伏 ( House of Flying Daggers)
2. 射雕英雄传 ( The Eagle Shooting Heroes )

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 20th, '11, 17:19

Ok after 6 episodes of Chinese Paladin S1, I can't watch any more. The lead actress Yi Fei looks so much like Ariel Lin ( I thought it was Ariel before sorry about that) but that's not why I can't watch it. It's too much like a video game and I don't play them anymore so I will pass this up and even CP3. That includes ROTCH :cry:

I will try Young Warriors, Jade Palace Lockheart and Rosy Business next... any more recommendations? I prefer if the whole series can't be about fairies and kingdoms etc.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jun 20th, '11, 20:31

iluvasiandrama wrote:Ok after 6 episodes of Chinese Paladin S1, I can't watch any more. The lead actress Yi Fei looks so much like Ariel Lin ( I thought it was Ariel before sorry about that) but that's not why I can't watch it. It's too much like a video game and I don't play them anymore so I will pass this up and even CP3. That includes ROTCH :cry:

I will try Young Warriors, Jade Palace Lockheart and Rosy Business next... any more recommendations? I prefer if the whole series can't be about fairies and kingdoms etc.
I'm sorry but Liu Yi Fei looks nothing like Ariel Lin, and they are one of my favorite actresses. Passing Return of the Condor Heroes just because you don't like one of the actresses? It is one of the best stories told of all time...ask any wuxia enthusiast. It has been re-made a bunch of times over the years. Pick another one if you don't like the actress. Return of the Condor Heroes is the sequel to Legend of the Condor Heroes, and a prequel to Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre. Personally I like LOCH 03 and ROCH 06.

Wuxia is all about fantasy and powers you dream about. So yea, if you're too much of a realist, then that genre isn't for you. For me, it's fun to watch and boost my imagination.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 20th, '11, 22:14

vancoland wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:Ok after 6 episodes of Chinese Paladin S1, I can't watch any more. The lead actress Yi Fei looks so much like Ariel Lin ( I thought it was Ariel before sorry about that) but that's not why I can't watch it. It's too much like a video game and I don't play them anymore so I will pass this up and even CP3. That includes ROTCH :cry:

I'm sorry but Liu Yi Fei looks nothing like Ariel Lin, and they are one of my favorite actresses. Passing Return of the Condor Heroes just because you don't like one of the actresses? It is one of the best stories told of all time...ask any wuxia enthusiast. It has been re-made a bunch of times over the years. Pick another one if you don't like the actress. Return of the Condor Heroes is the sequel to Legend of the Condor Heroes, and a prequel to Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre. Personally I like LOCH 03 and ROCH 06.

Wuxia is all about fantasy and powers you dream about. So yea, if you're too much of a realist, then that genre isn't for you. For me, it's fun to watch and boost my imagination.
Wait, isn't this thread title "RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CHINESE DRAMAS". I never said I wanted wuxia recommendation. I will take a TVB series or other drama. There is a thread for wuxia already but I didn't post there because that is not the only type I watch. So you didn't bother to recommend anything you just misread my comment. I have already watched wuxia that I really enjoyed.

You know what? I never said she was a twin of Ariel but she does look like her to me especially when she smiles. Even if I did not watch a drama/wuxia because I didn't like an actor/actress... that is the freedom of having personal preference. I don't have to like what you do. I do enjoy some wuxia but I never claimed to be a wuxia enthusiast either. Your fav may not be someone elses... that's just the way life is. If that bothers you then oh well :unsure:

Oh wait :scratch: again I never said I don't like fantasy, where are you getting this from?! I clearly stated that the whole series cant be like fairies and game-like CP. My brother loves CP and because of the games and all those types just don't interest me at the moment. That's all. Yeah, I don't need an imagination "boost" I don't need to live in an imaginary world and receive "powers" either.

So if anyone else can kindly recommend drama great, please do, but it is not like you have to or anything. I also have some blog sites that I am reviewing to help me find good ones too. I will keep recommending some that I have watched too. :mrgreen:

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jun 21st, '11, 01:12

Chinese Wuxia is a Chinese Drama...and I did recommend some, LOCH 03 and ROCH 06. Either way, it's your choice on whether you want to watch something or not. I just find your comment funny that you would pass an excellent storied drama because of an actress or that it's "video game like", that's all. Most dramas these days (Both ancient and modern), have parts in them that are unbelievably stupid, and you would never think logically could happen, that I don't differentiate between that and the fantasy parts of wuxia. If it's a good story, then a mix of video game like storyline or logical stupidity are just part of what makes that drama good. Just my 2 cents.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 21st, '11, 01:39

It's a good thing that we don't have to freakin agree LOL. Anyhow there is a thread for wuxia specifically. So you just want to pick at my comment? I can tell because look at your alleged "recommendations". What's the use? I'm not changing my mind. :lol

Seriously, whatever dude you have your view and I have mine. No point in wasting space on this thread going back and forth about this. Let's leave the space for recommendations as originally intended.

boomtown

Help newcomer 2 Chinese/Taiwanese good drama recommendation

Post by boomtown » Jun 23rd, '11, 21:47

Hello D Addicts forum,

Hoping for some helpful souls to recommend me to a good (great?) drama? I've checked around the torrents and there are just too much twdrama and cdrama that I dont know where to start :scratch:

Also, my other question is if there is a difference in language with Taiwanese drama and Chinese drama? Sorry, I dont mean to cause offense but I'm just unsure. My gut tells me only a slight bit. Btw, im watching because I'm hoping to quicken my learning of Mandarin and also have some extra motivation to keep me going.

Many thanks :lol

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 24th, '11, 16:01

@boomtown - These threads are not as active for recommendations as kdrama and jdrama so I just try and help out if I can.
I don't speak or study Mandarin so someone else will have to help with that but I can try and recommend some drama based upon the ones I have watched and reviewed.

What kind of drama do you like fluffy drama like Rom-Com? Melodrama? Medical? Historical? Kung Fu/Martial Arts? Video game-like fantasy? Any favorite actresses or actor like Rainie, Hu Ge, Mike He, Barbie, Vic, Ariel, Tiffany, Nicholas Tse, Andy Lau? It really depends on your taste.

boomtown

Post by boomtown » Jun 24th, '11, 19:51

@iluvasiandrama Thanks for the reply. Oh.. yeah, I was a former avid watcher of Kdrama lol. Well, I was hoping for something with comedy/drama on modern settings? it would be a bonus to have the leading lady cute tho ;)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 25th, '11, 01:41

boomtown wrote:@iluvasiandrama Thanks for the reply. Oh.. yeah, I was a former avid watcher of Kdrama lol. Well, I was hoping for something with comedy/drama on modern settings? it would be a bonus to have the leading lady cute tho ;)
Well if you like kdrama then you will find that other dramas are not as emotional and intense in the way kdrama is like "over the top" drama. I am not sure what's cute to guys but I will try according to what I know from a girls view :P

1. Devil Beside You - high school drama I watched it like 5-6 times! It was good.
2. Fated to Love You - comedy with real life issues and intense love triangle and rivalry.
3. Brown Sugar Macchiato - it was ok average high school drama love rival some comedy. You may or may not like it.
4. Love with Corners - I like poor guy/rich girl for a change. Usually kdrama is poor girl/rich guy. This drama was good IMO.
5. To Get Her - I watched it maybe 3 times. It was so funny and I really liked it. Jiro and George were rivals in this drama and it was very good!
6. Treasure Venture - This isn't modern its wuxia but it's good with lots of comedy and serious martial arts. I'm on episode 17 and not too boring with some fantasy but not too much.
7. Autumn Concerto - Melodrama that was intense. I stopped half-way through when it got draggy and I just haven't been able to pick it back up yet. The first half was pretty good.
8. Sunny Happiness - This drama was good but the eng subs were dropped after ep. 5 or 6. I am not sure if a sub group picked it back up.

rosefall

Post by rosefall » Jul 1st, '11, 21:09

Hi, I'm looking for some Chinese/Taiwanese drama recommendations.

I'm a tad on the picky side, since I usually can't really find what I want with Chinese dramas. I'm not a fan of "silly" romcoms, which might sort of be against popular opinion. I've watched ISWAK, TKA, Hana Kimi, Peach Girl and the comedy was a bit too over-the-top for me? =/

I like wuxia/ancient series, but nothing with an excessive amount of CGI, but I'm mostly looking for more dramas set in the modern day. I really liked Autumn's Concerto.

I'm not really a big fan of Ariel Lin or Joe Chen.

boomtown

Post by boomtown » Jul 2nd, '11, 05:11

iluvasiandrama wrote:
boomtown wrote:@iluvasiandrama Thanks for the reply. Oh.. yeah, I was a former avid watcher of Kdrama lol. Well, I was hoping for something with comedy/drama on modern settings? it would be a bonus to have the leading lady cute tho ;)
Well if you like kdrama then you will find that other dramas are not as emotional and intense in the way kdrama is like "over the top" drama. I am not sure what's cute to guys but I will try according to what I know from a girls view :P

1. Devil Beside You - high school drama I watched it like 5-6 times! It was good.
2. Fated to Love You - comedy with real life issues and intense love triangle and rivalry.
3. Brown Sugar Macchiato - it was ok average high school drama love rival some comedy. You may or may not like it.
4. Love with Corners - I like poor guy/rich girl for a change. Usually kdrama is poor girl/rich guy. This drama was good IMO.
5. To Get Her - I watched it maybe 3 times. It was so funny and I really liked it. Jiro and George were rivals in this drama and it was very good!
6. Treasure Venture - This isn't modern its wuxia but it's good with lots of comedy and serious martial arts. I'm on episode 17 and not too boring with some fantasy but not too much.
7. Autumn Concerto - Melodrama that was intense. I stopped half-way through when it got draggy and I just haven't been able to pick it back up yet. The first half was pretty good.
8. Sunny Happiness - This drama was good but the eng subs were dropped after ep. 5 or 6. I am not sure if a sub group picked it back up.
hahaha! Thanks a lot! will surely check these out =)

paulineeeho

Post by paulineeeho » Sep 30th, '11, 14:11

Heart of greed
Autumn's concerto
moonlight resonance
lives of omission

yan_ange

My favourites!!

Post by yan_ange » Nov 7th, '11, 10:01

Hunan TV has done very well this year with 2 of my favourite dramas out a LOT of k-dramas that I have watched. I watch loads and loads of k-dramas, I have watched most of the 16 eps k-drama of 2011 and the below c-drama is actually better than a load of k-drama that aired in 2011.

So my 2 favourites??

Sept 2011 - Bu Bu Jin Xin (known as Startled with each Step), amazing story, plot, scenery, acting, music, direction, set, styling, just AWESOME!! Girls will fall in love with all of the 9 princes in this drama.

Oct 2011- Qian Shan Mu Xue (known as Sealed with a kiss), this literally just finish airing on Hunan a couple of nights ago. Ok, the acting of the male lead, Hawick Lau is freaking awesome, if you are a TVB watcher, he used to player super minor roles on that station, but he is the son of a veteran actor, Lau Dan. But boy, he is amazing in this. This drama is pretty crazy, with a fictional love story that revolves around a "star-crossed" pair lovers and a bit of an abusive relationship. This series will definitely make your guts and tear ducts hurt, but trust me, it's awesome.

If anyone wants the raw file download links, just PM me.

Cheerios.

iluvasiandrama

Re: My favourites!!

Post by iluvasiandrama » Nov 8th, '11, 02:08

yan_ange wrote:Hunan TV has done very well this year with 2 of my favourite dramas out a LOT of k-dramas that I have watched. I watch loads and loads of k-dramas, I have watched most of the 16 eps k-drama of 2011 and the below c-drama is actually better than a load of k-drama that aired in 2011.

So my 2 favourites??

Sept 2011 - Bu Bu Jin Xin (known as Startled with each Step), amazing story, plot, scenery, acting, music, direction, set, styling, just AWESOME!! Girls will fall in love with all of the 9 princes in this drama. - Do you know if English subs are out yet and where?

Oct 2011- Qian Shan Mu Xue (known as Sealed with a kiss), this literally just finish airing on Hunan a couple of nights ago. Ok, the acting of the male lead, Hawick Lau is freaking awesome, if you are a TVB watcher, he used to player super minor roles on that station, but he is the son of a veteran actor, Lau Dan. But boy, he is amazing in this. This drama is pretty crazy, with a fictional love story that revolves around a "star-crossed" pair lovers and a bit of an abusive relationship. This series will definitely make your guts and tear ducts hurt, but trust me, it's awesome.

Cheerios.
Thanks for posting these. The only thing I got tired of with TVB is the characters die multiple deaths most of the time but anyhow that's not too big of a deal. I have to see everything with Eng subs so I will head over to Viki. I noticed they are subbing sealed with a kiss. It would be nice to get the Eng subs on MU :-)

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Nov 8th, '11, 05:09

iluvasiandrama wrote:
yan_ange wrote:Hunan TV has done very well this year with 2 of my favourite dramas out a LOT of k-dramas that I have watched. I watch loads and loads of k-dramas, I have watched most of the 16 eps k-drama of 2011 and the below c-drama is actually better than a load of k-drama that aired in 2011.

So my 2 favourites??

Sept 2011 - Bu Bu Jin Xin (known as Startled with each Step), amazing story, plot, scenery, acting, music, direction, set, styling, just AWESOME!! Girls will fall in love with all of the 9 princes in this drama. - Do you know if English subs are out yet and where?

Cheerios.
Thanks for posting these. The only thing I got tired of with TVB is the characters die multiple deaths most of the time but anyhow that's not too big of a deal. I have to see everything with Eng subs so I will head over to Viki. I noticed they are subbing sealed with a kiss. It would be nice to get the Eng subs on MU :-)
Lucky for me since I am from HK and I can understand and read Chinese, I watched both series raw, but you can find BBJX raw on Viki with all subs ready. SWAK is still being subbed, I think they are up to episode 2 only.

If you are keen to know more about BBJX, check out Miss Koala's blog, she does an awesome review/ screen cap summary of the series.

http://koalasplayground.com/tag/bu-bu-jing-xin/

I haven't liked TVB series or sat down to watch a full series since like 7 years ago. I never watch any TVB series, it's just so boring and repetitive, no new ideas, it just feels too manufacturerd and stamp with TVB style of directing, acting, story telling etc. Also having to watch a series daily and follow it intensely is just too much work, I much rather downloading the shows and watch it at my own leisure.

I love you grow to love BBJX and SWAK, note I started a thread on SWAK, check it out!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Nov 8th, '11, 21:23

yan_ange wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:

So my 2 favourites??

Cheerios.
Lucky for me since I am from HK and I can understand and read Chinese, I watched both series raw, but you can find BBJX raw on Viki with all subs ready. SWAK is still being subbed, I think they are up to episode 2 only.

If you are keen to know more about BBJX, check out Miss Koala's blog, she does an awesome review/ screen cap summary of the series.

http://koalasplayground.com/tag/bu-bu-jing-xin/

I haven't liked TVB series or sat down to watch a full series since like 7 years ago. I never watch any TVB series, it's just so boring and repetitive, no new ideas, it just feels too manufacturerd and stamp with TVB style of directing, acting, story telling etc. Also having to watch a series daily and follow it intensely is just too much work, I much rather downloading the shows and watch it at my own leisure.

I love you grow to love BBJX and SWAK, note I started a thread on SWAK, check it out!
Thats good you can understand the language, most of us here cannot but we love dramas just the same. Ok I am starting the first episode of BBJX today because you said it has 9 princes girls will fall in love with so this has to be good. Right?! I hope so :lol

With 35 episodes, it has to be very good because its so long but I can tell with just the first 2 episodes if I will like it or not. It should be good because of Nick Wu, I remember him from Treasure Venture :lol

So anyhow I will go to that thread and post how I think it is.