Recommended C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
groink

Post by groink » Jan 7th, '09, 04:12

C'mon people! Post in the correct places!

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE ASIAN DRAMAS
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10397.htm

carmelalalala

Post by carmelalalala » Jan 14th, '09, 18:16

on my top lists are:

1. FATED TO LOVE YOU (if you like destiny/fate stories, this is pretty good~) i cried, laughed, was shocked, smiled.... most emotions is in this drama lol.

2. METEOR GARDEN (classic, but i think thsi drama was the starting point of the rise of chinese dramas!)

3. IT STARTED WITH A KISS (... who doesn't like Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng together?! :P)

some other good ones are why why love, devil beside you... and other ones that i can remember as of the moment ^^ but there yah go~

wenny117

Post by wenny117 » Jan 18th, '09, 14:21

Recently i like the princes of tennis[chinese ver.] best
it's so funny and interest and the boys are all so handsome ,haha!

loveltv

Post by loveltv » Jan 19th, '09, 02:49

Can you help me tranlation the drama " An Epic of a Woman" 一个女人的史诗 " from Chinese to English?

We like this drama and also it has our idol Vicky zhaowei. Thank for your helping us?

smileyx7

Post by smileyx7 » Jan 30th, '09, 20:07

TheEastWindIsBroken wrote:Anyone know if "Corner with Love" is good?
yeahhh its really good
try it
in my opinion, ill give it 5/5 stars

KoolKK

Post by KoolKK » Jan 30th, '09, 20:13

heres my list of my fave dramas:

1. Meteor Garden :)) Fantastic! Hot guys and funny plots. Funny, funny, funny.
2. Hana Kimi ....sweet and worth watching
3. My MVP Valentine

andyjin7777

Favorite Taiwan/Chinese drama??

Post by andyjin7777 » Feb 10th, '09, 22:00

What is yur favorite comedy/cute/romance drama and is it korean, chinese, japanese, or taiwanese my favorite ranked from 1-5 is

1. Smiling Pasta
2. Miss No Good
3. Bull Fighting
4. Fated to Love You
5. Romantic Princess

they are all taiwanese haha x] i personally like taiwanese drama becuz of all the cuteness/comedy/romantic dramas they make haha but anyways what would be your favorite cute, romantic, and comedic drama???

joeygranger

my suggestionz

Post by joeygranger » Feb 10th, '09, 22:27

Miss No Good or Why Why Love.......Big Fan of Rainie Yang :thumleft: :thumright:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 10th, '09, 23:20

My fave Chinese drama in a LONG LONG time
Story of Time

Akidon

Post by Akidon » Feb 11th, '09, 02:19

So far Ive sticked to jdoramas. But I wanna give chinese dramas a chance. Anyone got some funny light drama recomandations?

Oh and i want chinese not taiwanese if that make any sence?

XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX

Post by XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX » Feb 11th, '09, 23:20

Here my top 5

1. Miss No Good
2. ISWAK 1 & 2
3. Hana Kimi
4. Smiling Pasta
5. Romantic Princess

Dalheah

Post by Dalheah » Feb 20th, '09, 03:28

1. It Started with a Kiss & They Kiss Again is Outstanding
2. Mars is a serious romantic drama that is very good
3. Smiling Pasta is a light romantic comedy with good music.
4. Meteor Garden the Chinese version of Boys Over Flowers/Hana Yori Dango
5. Why Why Love is a comedy/drama romance
6. KO One is a silly martial arts comedy that's a lot of fun

Niteghost

Series Suggestion OR Recommendation

Post by Niteghost » Mar 1st, '09, 11:46

Need some recommendation or suggestion of Series that are quite similar to:

Heart Of Greed
Moonlight Resinnance
Country Spirit
Journey Of Life
The Siver Chamber Of Sorrows

in plot or storyline, I do enjoy these kind of Dramas....Thanks

Niteghost

Post by Niteghost » Mar 1st, '09, 19:41

carinaxo wrote:http://aznv.tv/?p=login

this website has some of the dramas that you've asked. check it out.
you have to register with them first and also have winamp to stream the videos.

enjoy!
Yeah, .But it needs an Invitation Code, to vhevk it out, thanks anyway. :-(

themilkl-SUGAR

Post by themilkl-SUGAR » Mar 1st, '09, 21:24

I think you might enjoy EU. :D

Niteghost

Post by Niteghost » Mar 1st, '09, 21:34

themilkl-SUGAR wrote:I think you might enjoy EU. :D
Thanks , I Downloaded 10 parts, I am in the midst of watching The silver chamber of sorrows,........ P get to it, once I am done with this series, Episode 11 seems "Damaged", still trying to find a "Good" one, but so far no luck..Thanks for the suggestion

groink

Post by groink » Mar 1st, '09, 23:12

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CHINESE DRAMAS
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_15829.htm

We can't afford to have hundreds of thousands of individual/personal recommendation topics.

Niteghost

Post by Niteghost » Mar 1st, '09, 23:16

groink wrote:RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CHINESE DRAMAS
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_15829.htm

We can't afford to have hundreds of thousands of individual/personal recommendation topics.
Thanks.....I was just asking just right off the bat, any recommendations...........
I am NOT going to Peruse thru 36 Pages of the Link that U furnish, Thanks anyway.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 1st, '09, 23:32

He meant you should ask your question there, not start your own thread. Hundreds of individual threads would be messy.

Niteghost

Post by Niteghost » Mar 1st, '09, 23:50

Puppet Princess wrote:He meant you should ask your question there, not start your own thread. Hundreds of individual threads would be messy.
okay, I "misunderstood" what he meant. I am glad he pointed it out with a Link, and I DO NOT want to start off another Thread and make this Section a "messy" one. My Bad

Sora19

Post by Sora19 » Apr 19th, '09, 10:22

Can anyone recommend to me a drama that is like Devil beside you and Why Why love. I just love Mike He and I love the bad boy persona he gave off.
I want to fall in love with a character like that again.

Please and thank you for your help! :lol

PursueHim

Waht is your favorite Taiwanese Drama?

Post by PursueHim » Apr 26th, '09, 19:58

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to learn / improve my Mandarin and was wondering which TV Series or movies would be good. One that has lots of conversations and typical modern situations would be best. Thus, old school Chinese stuff where they wear traditional clothes would not be that good.

I've watched Meteor Garden and found it quite good. The maturity level of the cast and the storyline in Meteor Garden was quite good for me.

Let me know what you think would be good! This can also be a "What is your favorite Taiwanese Drama?" because I think I can learn something from any drama!

Endroine

Post by Endroine » Apr 26th, '09, 20:21

The X-Family.

Or ToGetHer [now airing]

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Apr 26th, '09, 21:15

Endroine wrote:The X-Family.
That would be a really bad choice for someone learning Chinese. You wont understand 95% of anything said. There is Taiwanese, a whole lot of made up words, and so much slang even people born speaking Chinese have a hard time figuring out what they are trying to say.

Endroine

Post by Endroine » Apr 26th, '09, 22:37

it said what is youre favorite TAIWANESE drama..

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Apr 26th, '09, 22:55

Yeah but he also said....
I'm trying to learn / improve my Mandarin and was wondering which TV Series or movies would be good. One that has lots of conversations and typical modern situations would be best.
X-Family certainly is NOT typical modern situations. So not warning him is a bit mean.

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Apr 27th, '09, 04:49

1. Why Why Love * * * * ( Decent plot, but nothing original. Just your average 2 men fighting over 1 girl type drama. But if your a Rainie Yang and Mike He fan, you'l certainly enjoy their antics :lol )

2. Fated to Love You * * * ( Very intresting love triangle drama at first. had a great start, but then made a u-turn towards the middle and then came back on the right path sorta at the end. The main character however, Chen Xin Yi was a masochist :| )

3. Miss No Good * * * * 1/2 ( Well I am a huge Rainie Yang fan :wub: So one of her most recent dramas has to be up here. Thus however like Why Why Love, it falls in that typical 2 men fight over one girl drama so yeah... What I liked a lot about this drama was that the characters were very realistic and so was the plot. A lot of romantic or romantic comedies come up with the most unrealistic misunderstandings to create several climaxes in the story that often get very annoying. I thought Rainie Yang definitely showed how much of an improved actress she is by taking such a role of a cutsie, outlandish and weird girl. Id like to also note that her voice was so cute but at times annoying :P )

4. Mars * * * * ( A good, yet very odd series. I was thinking this was going to mainly be about motoGP with a plot of a romanticism. I was wrong. It was a very serious drama the whole time. I really liked Barbie Xu and Vic Zhou in this one. However, they played some pardon my french, but f***ked up characters. They had so many issues that the drama got really bleh during the middle. Nonetheless a good drama :) )

5. The Devil Beside You * * * ( Once again. . . a Rainie Yang drama :P I found it funny because after watching why why love, its exactly the same drama. Same 3 main chars and same love triangle plot. However, this one is definitely not as good as why why love and I would actually rate this 2 stars, but Rainie Yang is in it so it's at least a 3 )

6. Meteor Garden n/a ( My feelings inside want to rate this a 0. Why? Because I read this forum and Meteor Garden was the most praised on these forums. However, I started watching dramas starting from J then K now I have been watching T/C dramas. So, I just found out that Meteor Garden is the Taiwanese version of Hana Yori Dango. . . Yeah then i decided to delete Meteor Garden from my computer at that point. I hated Hana Yori Dango and Hana Kimi. The most overrated drama's ever next to K drama Goong and Full House. I hope someone on these forums can convince me to watch this series XD. )
Last edited by ParadiseLost on May 7th, '09, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

PursueHim

Post by PursueHim » Apr 27th, '09, 05:20

Puppet Princess wrote:
Endroine wrote:The X-Family.
That would be a really bad choice for someone learning Chinese. You wont understand 95% of anything said. There is Taiwanese, a whole lot of made up words, and so much slang even people born speaking Chinese have a hard time figuring out what they are trying to say.
Thanks for the recommendation Endroine and thanks for the warning Puppet Princess ;)

donburi

Recommendations?

Post by donburi » May 2nd, '09, 15:16

I would like to request a bit of help with recommendations for Chinese or Taiwanese dramas that I would like.

So far I have only watched Hana Kimi (Taiwanese version) and LOVED it. I love over the top comedy and the cute romantic interactions.

I have watched Japanese ones and I liked: Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kimi and Kimi wa Petto.

I would like to find more dramas similar to Hana Kimi, silly, cute and romantic. I don't like anything too serious. Anything involving Wu Chun or Jiro Wang would be a plus.

Would Romantic Princess be something worth checking out? Thanks everyone!

satorare

Post by satorare » May 16th, '09, 11:16

My favorite series are
Mars, I like it so much because it's not just romance also has mistery a little bit.
Smile Pasta, soooo hilarious and romantic drama, especially Nicholas Teo and Cyndi Wang :wub: :thumright:
Currently, I'm planning to searching My Bratty Princess (My friends told me that drama so hilarious).

nad067

Post by nad067 » May 29th, '09, 19:27

Sora19 wrote:Can anyone recommend to me a drama that is like Devil beside you and Why Why love. I just love Mike He and I love the bad boy persona he gave off.
I want to fall in love with a character like that again.

Please and thank you for your help! :lol
have u watch smiling pasta?its quite nice and feel good too..

i loveeeeeeeee mike he hehe

nad067

Post by nad067 » May 29th, '09, 19:33

i am a new convert..hahah from j dorama to taiwanese drama..(been watching for 1 week already)
my personal favourite in order of course

1-brown sugar macchiato (for fans of lolipop & hei se hui mei mei)
2-the legend of brown sugar chivalries (the same)
3-pi li MIT (woohoo aaron yan is a hearthrob)
4-smiling pasta (nicholas teo & cindy wang)
5-devil beside you (mike he and rainie) if u watch y y love first then u will like this less)
6-why why love (if u watch devil beside u first then u will like this less.. go figure)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 30th, '09, 18:36

Is there any good Chinese drama about Yongle Emperor (1360-1421) or Zheng He (1371–1433)?

DancingBear

Post by DancingBear » Jun 22nd, '09, 06:08

Here are a list of my current favorites :D

-KO One
-X-Family
-Rolling Love (Go! Fried Rice)
-Hana Kimi
-Devil Besides You

Utada

Post by Utada » Jun 23rd, '09, 21:00

Do you know any Taiwanese dramas like Love Contract or Mars or Devil Beside You?

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jul 3rd, '09, 18:54

I just watched Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 and was really impressed. It's my first Chinese Drama ever. Any other Wuxia suggestions?

Linn Ng

Post by Linn Ng » Jul 13th, '09, 03:06

We are waiting for Kiss Again 3 ( E Zuo Ju Zhi Wen 3 )

dabogy

chinese drama

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 07:08

its nice to watch dramas from asian telenovelas..
worth discovering on their other traditions

algelic

Post by algelic » Jul 19th, '09, 20:05

I'd like recommendations for taiwanese dramas with strong female characters.

I don't want one of those typical dramas where the girl is too cheery, with an annoying and loud voice, and an idiot.

Please recommend me something similar to "Knock Knock Loving You". The lead female is intelligent, strong and quiet.

Maemi

Post by Maemi » Jul 20th, '09, 23:49

Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Cdramas:

Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)

So far I've watched: Why Why Love, Devil Beside You, It Started With A Kiss, They Kiss Again, Meteor Garden, Fated To Love You, Miss No Good, Romantic Princess...

cookie_monster09

Post by cookie_monster09 » Jul 29th, '09, 03:43

I would recommend 新不了情 (C'est La Vie, Mon Cheri). I don't want to give to much info about this drama; since tidbit of info can ruin the ending. It's recommended for all age groups. The older generation will get a chance to re-listen to old popular chinese music, while the younger generation will immensely enjoy the love plot. I also realized that this story has a lot of morals or teachings of life. It came out in 2008 and should be available in both Cantonese and Mandarin.
P.S Stick to the end and you won't ever regret watching it :thumright:

AxiomofDreams

Post by AxiomofDreams » Jul 29th, '09, 03:54

algelic wrote:I'd like recommendations for taiwanese dramas with strong female characters.

I don't want one of those typical dramas where the girl is too cheery, with an annoying and loud voice, and an idiot.

Please recommend me something similar to "Knock Knock Loving You". The lead female is intelligent, strong and quiet.
Black and White has pretty strong female characters in my opinion when compared with the other options out there. However, it's got a different taste from your normal TWDramas.

mayxi

Post by mayxi » Aug 1st, '09, 00:11

chinese paladin 1
chinese paladin 3
devil beside u
fated to love u
prince turns into a frog
Liao Zhai

that's all i can think of right now

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 8th, '09, 20:06

this my list well for until later :D

if like things with a bit of twist and turn with some comdey along the way
Black and White is your show :P

Starlit
Silence
XFamily

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Sep 22nd, '09, 23:25

So far I have watched

Fated to Love You (my first TWDrama ) :thumleft:
Corners with Love
Devil Beside you
To Get Her
and now I am watching MARS it is so good.....

Each one have been a joy to watch so far! Although I becoming a little tired of seeing Rainie and Barbie Xu.. its all good though I am loving the acting and storylines! Vic Zhou is so HOTT!

Raspberry Latte

Post by Raspberry Latte » Sep 24th, '09, 23:17

In addition to the dramas a lot of people mentioned:
Mars
Meteor Garden
Devil Beside You
The Rose
It Started With a Kiss and They Kiss Again,
I would add:
Wish To See You Again - I think it has a great balance between a love story and a comedy, the acting is good(some are better than others but overall okay), the plot is fresh and the pace is quite fast; and it's not too long, so you wouldn't get tired. Not to mention Zai Zai (an eye candy :lol ) And I like the OST too.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Sep 25th, '09, 00:09

Well...I know this is not a drama its the movie Perfect Bride. It was good I just finished watching it. One comment I want to make about MARS is that they keep playing the one theme song too much. They don't switch it up enough and it is kind of annoying. I wish that they didn't do that.

Edit*
Well now I have to add to this post because I am on the 7th episode of MARS and I cant watch it anymore. They play the theme song too often and the whole shy girl role doesnt fit "Barbie" so well. The storyline is just too boring now and even when I skipped episodes there is just not interesting like the first 6 episodes.

In my own personal opinion I still cant figure out how she got the name "Barbie" since she doesn't look like a Barbie and it just doesn't fit her. She has heavy bags under her eyes all the times (except a few pictures they touched up) and her face looks harsh...let alone all the tattoos all over her body that the makeup doesn't cover up so well. She just has a hard face in my own opinion....

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » Oct 12th, '09, 07:23

iluvasiandrama wrote:Well...I know this is not a drama its the movie Perfect Bride. It was good I just finished watching it. One comment I want to make about MARS is that they keep playing the one theme song too much. They don't switch it up enough and it is kind of annoying. I wish that they didn't do that.

Edit*
Well now I have to add to this post because I am on the 7th episode of MARS and I cant watch it anymore. They play the theme song too often and the whole shy girl role doesnt fit "Barbie" so well. The storyline is just too boring now and even when I skipped episodes there is just not interesting like the first 6 episodes.

In my own personal opinion I still cant figure out how she got the name "Barbie" since she doesn't look like a Barbie and it just doesn't fit her. She has heavy bags under her eyes all the times (except a few pictures they touched up) and her face looks harsh...let alone all the tattoos all over her body that the makeup doesn't cover up so well. She just has a hard face in my own opinion....
Yeah I liked the manga, however I tried watching the Mars drama and after some episodes I was way too bored to watch any more.

@ParadiseLost

As regards to Hana Yori Dango being overrated, I've read the manga, watched the anime, and the japanese and korean drama.
I suggest reading the manga or watching the Japanese drama (though it doesn't follow the manga exactly) they are great, but the Korean version, the anime, and Meteor Garden are overrated in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend any of them.

I am scared though after hearing of Kiss Again 3? Didn't the last season (They Kiss Again) end with where the original author ended the manga?

My Recommendations are (*):

Smiling Pasta was ok
*Fated to Love You was excellent
*They Kiss Again was excellent
It Started With a Kiss was ok
Miss No Good n/a ( I dled it but I can't bring my self to watch it)
*Prince Turns Into Frog was good
*Princess Returning Pearl I was great. (Can't wait to see the next one subbed next year hopefully)
Love Queen was ok
Love at First Fight was ok
Last edited by br4nd0n on Nov 25th, '09, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

bitt_ping

Post by bitt_ping » Oct 15th, '09, 03:07

My suggestion was:

1. Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 & 2...The stories was great since it's adopted from Qiong Yao's Novel with the same title, Huan Zhu Ge Ge...Then, they have perfect couple in there, Yong Qi and Xiao Yan zI (cute and Lovely Couple) and the other one was Zi Wei and Er Kang (Romance Couple)....I prefer Yong Qi and Xiao Yan Zi,,they have a greatest chemistry in this drama....Also the Emperor, who always help and love them....

2. Meteor Garden...It's very interesting drama since I love how was Dao Ming Si treat Shan Cai lovely and perfectly...Love this couple so much....

3. Devil Beside You....Interest Story either.....

bitt_ping

Post by bitt_ping » Oct 15th, '09, 03:12

4. Fated To Love You...

5. Hot Shot,,,the main cast so handsome.....

6. They Kissed Again...

Happy End Person

Post by Happy End Person » Nov 25th, '09, 10:24

hey people

I'm looking for special series recommendation.
and it would be great if you give me a lot of names.
I really appreciate every post!

SO WHICH CHARACTERISTICS should the series have?
1. First of all: it should be a CHINESE series.
(with chinese I mean: mainland china, hongkong, taiwan, singapore.
simply every chinese series where the spoken language is mandarin or cantonese)
2. if possible: an ANCIENT series.
(I prefer ancient to modern)
3. it should be be a FUNNY series. (COMEDY elements)
with FUNNY I mean series like "Fairy of the Chalice".
the characters were very likeable.
there were a lot of funny scenes.
all in all quite good.

which means I don't like drama.
too bad that toward the end of "fairy of the chalice" the story changed to a drama.
of course i know that there must be some drama in any tv show.
otherwise it would be boring.
but i don't like it when the whole series is a drama... when the athmosphere is already dramatic, emphasized by the music and landscape... (like in "ROCH 1998" with Fann Wong)

do you know what i mean? some drama is inevitable (that's esential of chinese series) but drama ALL THE TIME.. that's too much.

what i don't like too: is the combination of drama and HEARTBREAKING scenes.
like in "Legend of Madam White Snake" (with Angie Chiu)
from the middle of the series to the end (the beginning was quite funny and good)
there was always this heartbreaking-dramatic-"something dramatic is going to happen" - athmophere.

that doesn't mean that I'm not romantic at all. Far from it!
Romance is of course one of the essential elements of chinese series.
I just don't like this exaggerated dramatic, heartbreaking scenes.

I am a person who a person who enjoys sweet relationships and light hearted (funny) series.
with relationships in here that are too perfect that it will give you butterfly.
for example: Paradise Shui Yue Dong Tian (apart from "Chalice Fairy")
4. another element, I love is FANTASY.
I enjoy stories a young man falls for a godess, fairy or any other fantasy ("immortal") character.

that's why I enjoyed "Fairy of the chalice" and also tried to watch "legend of white snake" but broke up - due to this unbearable drama.

i'm sure that there exist a lot of chinese tales which deal with
the relationship of a young man "mortal" and "immortal" (godess, fairy, etc.)
so i suposse there must be series about that.

okay. so far i'be written pretty much about my "ideas".
please give me some tips. I'm really happy about any post!!!

great thanks in advance!

PS: since I'm chinese and understand mandarin you can recommend me any chinese series. not just the subbed ones!
(i don't understand cantonese)

hyall

Post by hyall » Nov 30th, '09, 16:33

I am not really answering the above poster but I would like to give my own personal recommendations and the reasons for picking them.

Firstly I think ' It started with a kiss' and 'They kissed again' are two wonderful examples of great chemistry coupled with brilliant acting skills. Not only are the dramas funny it showed a very gradual progress in a beautiful relationship that not only focussed on them as a couple but also their family and friends. What mainly succeeds in this drama is the very natural and talented interaction between the leads.

Many people have commented on youtube and other boards I have frequented that they felt they could not understand why 'They kissed again' had to be made nor the point in him treating her coldly after they were married or the ending TKA had. The point is he never really expresses his love for her in a way that she understands and she actually never really believed that he does. The change in him is gradual and even after they get married it would unrealistic to expect him to change overnight. That is why the director was so brilliant in making us follow them through the progress and the drama was absolutely touching and wonderful as a result.

That is why these two dramas need to be watched and appreciated fully for you to see the progress. Really wonderful dramas and truly one of the best I have seen. Ariel deserved to win her best actress award.

Another drama I loved was Fated to love you. It was funny and at the same time so very painful but it uplifted me and the ending was sweet and happy. The family and her mother especially made me cry. Good acting in this one too.There was some padding but still a remarkable drama.

Meteor Garden was funny and the drama though old and suffers from poor dressing choices but the chemistry between the two leads was amazing. The dialogue was witty and funny. Another great drama that showcases the humor very well.

Smiling Pasta was funny I loved her family and Devil Beside You also made me laugh at times but these two are not as great as the ones I mentioned before but they are also dramas one should not miss.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 10th, '09, 00:19

I finished watching Romantic Princess and it was ok.

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Dec 20th, '09, 11:48

I'm kind of new to the Cdrama/Tdrama area, being mostly a strict Jdrama addict myself, but after I'd watched all the Jdramas that interested me, I gave Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu and Fan Kun Pa! Tan Chao and really really loved them. I really like romantic comedy (I'm watching Gong Zhu Xiao Mei right now) and the actors that I've really enjoyed so far are Wu Chun and Jiro Wang...are there any romantic comedies (possibly with either of these two in them) that are worth watching?

oh...but I dont want to watch Meteor Garden (the Jdrama was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too dramatic for me and it just got super annoying after the 1st season) and Mars was a great manga but I got super bored after watching about half the series so I stopped.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 20th, '09, 22:47

Well I finished ISWAK. It was just ok to me although the chemistry was very nice I think she was just overly desperate. For some reason TKA is much better than ISWAK, weird huh? Well I agree that the producers wanted to use TKA to explain more of the behavior type of the nonchalant husband. I can appreciate the drama much better now that I am watching TKA...its all coming together for me.

@boxxx You may want to try these. You can find descriptions on drama wiki
It started with a kiss - girl chases boy..shes not smart but he's highly intelligent and hates dumb girls. You lacks in homemaking, academics and all other skills and all she wants is him.
They Kiss again - After they marry.
Fated to Love you - Guy sleeps with a girl mistaken for his fiancee. She ends up pregnant by him. He wants to take responsibility but his real fiancee fights for his love. Very good drama.
Romantic Princess - Rich guy is heir to a grandfathers empire (not his real grandfather). Poor girl is the grandfathers real long lost granddaughter and therefore heir. Cinderella type.
Devil Beside You - This is a very good drama. I really enjoyed the whole thing and didnt have to skip parts.
Corners with love - Rich girl poor guy. Rich girl's parents flee the country after their business fails but doesnt tell their daughter. She ends up living with the poor guy and has to learn how to be humble. It was pretty good drama to watch.

JanJanJan

Post by JanJanJan » Dec 28th, '09, 09:56

can someone recommend me just any chinese drama with good fighting ( I guess all fans like that :D ) I just finish Tian Long Ba Bu 2003 and ready for somemore action :D (it would be better if the drama has torrent download in here)

Macabeak

Post by Macabeak » Jan 4th, '10, 06:09

Here's some of my favorites/recommendations -

Miss No Good - The character interactions and acting are all really refreshing, and this drama is so innocent and light-hearted that I just fell in love for life. This is the show that made me fall in love with Rainie Yang. Yes, she's over-the-top at first, but as she settles more into her character (and we get used to her), I actually found her acting really sincere.

It Started With a Kiss / TKA - This show is popular for a reason! It's a bit long, but it's insanely cute, and it's interesting watching the characters develop and grow ;D

Devil Beside You - Okay, I'll admit. The dramatic scenes occasionally made me cringe. But at the heart of it, it has a very cute couple with great chemistry.

I didn't like Meteor Garden too much, though... Barbie and Vic Zhou are both great, and their acting was wonderful, but the show itself was dull. Even the dramatic moments usually flatlined for me... Sorry, MG lovers. :(

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 4th, '10, 23:12

Macabeak wrote:

I didn't like Meteor Garden too much, though... Barbie and Vic Zhou are both great, and their acting was wonderful, but the show itself was dull. Even the dramatic moments usually flatlined for me... Sorry, MG lovers. :(
YEa .. but when ur right ur right :-) ... it did have some let down parts of the show but :mrgreen: ...

sousou56

Post by sousou56 » Jan 9th, '10, 14:38

My favourite taiwanese drama is : Love Queen
It's hilarous. I also like "I want to be a hard persimmon" & "Hot shot".
So I recommend them of course.

elan23

Post by elan23 » Jan 14th, '10, 05:48

2 recent ones that are really good are:
Hi my sweetheart
Next stop happiness (autumn's concerto)

thay are still currently airing but about like 10 ep are out at least by now

some other great cdramas are:
Romantic Princess(so cute)
Bull Fighting (starts out sucky but it's actually great!)
i Do? (pretty good if you like dramatic and drama where the main character go through a lot) you can find that on one soju
Miss No Good (sooooo good)
yeah anyways e-mail me for more my e-mail
is
kattiecave27@yahoo.com

vanillaplain

Post by vanillaplain » Mar 30th, '10, 05:26

Maemi wrote:Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Cdramas:

Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)

So far I've watched: Why Why Love, Devil Beside You, It Started With A Kiss, They Kiss Again, Meteor Garden, Fated To Love You, Miss No Good, Romantic Princess...
Autumn Concerto also tells a story bout rich guy falls in love with poor girl

dontbond

下一站,幸

Post by dontbond » Apr 1st, '10, 04:59

yes i recommend 下一站,幸福/ Xia Yi Zhan, Xing Fu.
trust me, very good drama.
WATCH IT and u wont regret. 100% guaranteed :wub:

omgicecarz

Post by omgicecarz » Apr 5th, '10, 17:02

1. Autumn's Concerto - If you want something to watch in one sitting, I suggest this.
2. I Want to Become a Hard Persimmon - Honestly, I really going to think this was going to be a cliche high school drama but it really wasn't. I recommend this as well.
3. Hi My Sweetheart - Rainie and Show Luo are great here. This as well.

Edit
4. Momo Love - You will just fall in love with the four brothers

Can you guys suggest any dramas that make you go "aww" but it is not totally cliche?

hotpot

TV-series with simplified and english subtitles

Post by hotpot » Apr 10th, '10, 14:46

For the past three hours I've been searching the forums for a Mandarin TV-series with subtitles for both English and Chinese (simplified). Still no success :)

Please recommend me something which fulfills the following criteria :)
- Mandarin audio
- Simplified subs
- English subs
- Quality of the series: doesn't matter at all! :D

paigehalle

Post by paigehalle » Apr 11th, '10, 02:49

It's not Chinese but it's Taiwanese, I really liked Autumns concerto!

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Apr 11th, '10, 04:13

Maemi wrote:Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Cdramas:

So maybe you should watch some k-dramas if you haven't yet, almost every k-drama is like that :D

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Apr 16th, '10, 09:27

riki_kun wrote:

So maybe you should watch some k-dramas if you haven't yet, almost every k-drama is like that :D
haha true!

Boys over flowers, Hotelier, Memories of Bali... to name a few! =)

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Apr 19th, '10, 19:25

I just recently started to watch TwDramas , well i'm not new to Asian dramas since i've seen quite a lot of Japanese and Korean dramas. I'll be really thankful if can someone suggest me some more dramas worth watching, but please avoid those with sad/tragic ending i don't really like them, i'll list now the ones i've seen so far.

-Autumn's Concerto (just amazing, definitely the best asian drama i've seen)

-Fated to Love You (another great drama , really loved it)

-Hi! My Sweetheart ( it was great and almost believable until ep.12 , then the silliness of the last 2 episodes ruined it for me , i like romantic and funny comedy but not silly)

-Devil Beside You ( it was ok but nothing special, i didn't like the ending especially)

-It Started With a Kiss ( I dropped it after 6-7 episodes , maybe because i watched the anime first that is a lot better)

Anatoli

Re: TV-series with simplified and english subtitles

Post by Anatoli » Apr 21st, '10, 05:42

hotpot wrote:For the past three hours I've been searching the forums for a Mandarin TV-series with subtitles for both English and Chinese (simplified). Still no success :)

Please recommend me something which fulfills the following criteria :)
- Mandarin audio
- Simplified subs
- English subs
- Quality of the series: doesn't matter at all! :D
Looking for the same, only prefer those made in China with the Northern Mandarin accent, having trouble getting used to the Taiwanese Mandarin accent, sorry.

I'll give some Taiwanese drama a go, if I can't find Chinese (mainland) drama with English subs.

Also, the quality of the series does matter, perhaps a bit more natural acting. If you watched 奋斗 then this is the style, unfortunately the series doesn't have English subtitles. Love or life stories are welcome.

pukuwang

Post by pukuwang » Apr 25th, '10, 16:55

I haven't had time to watch much dramas lately, however I recommend the following series:

-Autumn's Concerto: Simply one of the most beautifully done pieces I've ever seen. The scenery is beautiful, the actors don't over-exaggerate their roles (meaning it's not super way overdone like most of Rainie's dramas :blink although I do love Rainie sometimes she goes too overboard), has a great storyline, series is fast paced so you don't get bored as heck watching something drag on (it only got a little draggy towards the end) and the main characters have great chemistry. Believe me, that last one is what makes the story stick together and why it's such a success. Also, unlike most other series, you can't hate the other people involved in the love square, whereas the other ones the other people involved are usually not like-able. Just a warning, it's a tear-jerker (unless I'm just overly sensitive :lol) so be prepared for tons of tissues and locking yourself in your room. :D I watched this drama in two days because I couldn't stop watching, and yes, I had a problem controlling my emotions too. :wub: Great series, my favorite drama of all time.

-Easy Fortune Happy Life: It has like-able characters and the storyline is quite cute. It has many funny moments yet it balances well with those heart-wrenching moments. The main actors are very compatible in their roles plus the supporting actors did a great job as well, however like most other dramas, there's always the desperate ex-girlfriend that no one can stand. :glare: Grr.

-Fated To Love You: This series has its ups and downs. I really like the storyline and it's a very cute story but sometimes it's a little overdone. Nevertheless, I still like it. :-) It just seems to get a bit draggy sometimes and I truly did not like that Anna girl. :crazy:

-MARS: One of those dramas that brings back the old days which is why I still like it. :D I've read the manga of MARS and was a big Vic fan back in the day so naturally I watched it. It was better than I expected (because to be truthful, Vic's acting wasn't exactly top notch back then and I plain don't like Barbie's acting) but was sort of disappointed that the series didn't really add its own flair to it and followed the manga storyline. The soundtrack is beautiful however although there was always some sort of music playing. 8) (However I don't know if they have the series subbed in English since my series was a gift from my cousins in Taiwan and they didn't have subs.)

alicelee

Post by alicelee » Apr 29th, '10, 09:13

I love Autumn's Concerto too.This is the only Taiwanese drama that made me sat in front of the TV for 5 hours. :-)

jessyj

Post by jessyj » May 9th, '10, 14:15

): ive watched all the newer released dramas
can anyone recommend some good old-ish ones (:
but not too old lol

Kiiss

Post by Kiiss » May 17th, '10, 16:39

alicelee wrote:I love Autumn's Concerto too.This is the only Taiwanese drama that made me sat in front of the TV for 5 hours. :-)

Totally agree!

This is the only drama that made me slept at 2am, and had to go to work the next day and think about the drama at work and rush back to continue watching. kekeek

I usually do not like Taiwan drama because of being slow,too mushy lovey dovey stuff but this Autumn Concerto really hit me hard!

I used to don't really like Van Ness and because of this drama, I totally change my perspective towards him and I am now a big fans! haha

I also enjoyed Devils Beside You and Why Why Love because I love Mike He. hehe.
I just love bad rich boy character.

emmers

Post by emmers » May 29th, '10, 23:34

Taiwanese dramas tend to look a little cheaper than Japanese or Korean shows and the actors are usual better looking than they are at acting, but there are a few I really like.

Favorites:
1. Hana Kimi (My first Asian drama, so I'm a little biased towards it. I really love Wu Chun in this and I like the story a little better than the Japanese version.)
2. It Started With A Kiss 1&2 (They're both a little long and slow in the middle, especially the first one, but the amazing chemistry between the main characters is worth it. My favorite drama couple.)

Not Bad:
1. Down With Love (I liked the beginning and end but in the middle I found myself annoyed with a lot of the characters... and I missed the little kids ligthening things up.)
2. Tokyo Juliet (I would've liked it more if the main girl wasn't quite so whiny, there weren't so many super dramatic love triangles, and if Wu Chun had his real voice.)

Didn't Really Like:
1. Hot Shot (Watched it for Wu Chun and he was hardly in it. The story was kind of lame, I don't like basketball that much, and the end was too sudden and random.)
2. Romantic Princess (The main girl got on my nerves and the story was kind of cheesy.)

LishaAuyeung

Post by LishaAuyeung » Jun 7th, '10, 02:50

My recommendations; Black & White (Taiwanese Series and you might want to like skip the intro...), E.U (Hong Kong Drama) -- Sequels: The Academy, On The First Beat) And one that is currently airing; The Mysteries of Love, (Then intro is a bit weird.), Burning Flame III, A watchdogs tale. All great Dramas :3 Wish they had more episodes to them. Good luck ~