Recommended C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
JlovesVan

dramas

Post by JlovesVan » Jan 10th, '08, 02:44

fluxs wrote:Hi guys,
any recommendations for new good taiwan dramas? I watched quite a few already like
meteor garden, love contract, devil beside you,mvp valentine, is there any new good ones out? i just started watching romatic princess which is ok after the first 2 eps...
Thanks!
you should definitely watch My Lucky Star (it is awesome!), Why Why Love is pretty good too and has the same cast as Devil Beside You. Also, an older one that is good is "Dolphin Bay"

j8nl88

Post by j8nl88 » Jan 11th, '08, 01:17

right now i am watching war of the in laws1 i know the 2nd one is out not and airing, but i really enjoy this, its so different in ancient series its just so funny and great acting

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Jan 12th, '08, 03:14

susamirain wrote:My fave Taiwanese dramas are:

Devil Beside You: It started out great, it was funny. I really like Mike He. :mrgreen: It became irritating the minute Qi Yue started liking Jiang Meng. She turned into some lovesick fool not as bad as I saw in "It started with a kiss" but still annoying. :glare: This is a pretty good series with a good storyline. I'd say check this one out but be ready to get annoyed by the girls acting like idiots over the guys again. :x

It Started With a Kiss: Very good drama but too long. I liked this one but it went into the zone of ultimate irritation. Why Xiang Qin was so obsessed and pathetically in love with Zhi Shu I'll never understand. I understand the love but not how stupid she was willing to be. There's a point in love where some ppl have no self-respect or self-worth and pursue their love interest unabashedly. It's embarrassing. I'll be honest I skipped few episodes near the end cause I couldn't take all the obsessing but the ending was golden. :mrgreen: I liked Zhi Shu, he managed to be in love and maintain some self-respect.

Love Contract: I must say after seeing Ariel Lin be bonkers in ISWAK, I was not so excited to see her in yet another drama. I just can't take seeing her whining, crying, and obsessing over another guy in a drama! :cussing: I watched this one cause a friend of mine recommended it and said it was different. I have fallen hard for this drama. It's great! :w00t: Ariel has redeemed herself in this one. Mike He is cuter in this one than Devil Beside You mainly cause he has a cool haircut. I didn't like the rock-a-doodle stye in Devil Beside You ( I know it was based on a manga series so crazy haircuts will be expected).

Because "Love Contract" was so good I plan on watching "Why, Why Love" next. My friend loves Mike He so that's why it's a pattern of Mike He madness! :mrgreen:

Agreed about you on Iswak and Love Contract. I really adored MARS character and storyline. I rather watch something that is meaningfully and different rather than mere entertaining and the same plot and predictable. Iswak is enjoyable for most of people ( no offends for Iswak fans ) i rather has much anticipate to watch it first but it is so dragging and repetitive and cliche didn't have so much character improvement it is mere enjoyment. I agreed about a girl that is always fall in love the same character in Taiwanese drama with a rich and arrogant guy. She always has the same character over and over again. Duh! It killing me to boredom.

When i want to really appreciated a good drama i will not looking at the hot actor but by his acting. For example i don't like Mike in WWL and Bull Fighting not because of him, but because of the character is the same. Because i want to see a real actor in him. Then I turn to Love Contract, i want to see him out of the stereotype character, out of the rich line, cool then I got what I yearn for. He in Love contract very different, I loved it. Not rich, has some talent with drawing he pull out his talent here.

Same goes with Ariel, she is great actress, but her character in Iswak and TKA is so lame. A naive character is ok. But, it has to have a development that is more important part in a excellent drama. But when i watched Love Contract. There you are a new wave. I love it. I loved her and her acting in this.

My Favorite and highly recommended is : MARS.

It is bring a new atmosphere in Taiwanese drama, far any from cliche and stereotype. Vic always act cold actor before, but here sure is different. :wub: :scratch:

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Jan 12th, '08, 03:33

Oh just want to act one question. I have watched once in tv a chinese drama from China I think, it is very great drama but i didnt watched it til the end. It is a story of a man working as publisher and a woman who had made a transplat surgeon with his former girlfriend. Can anyone dear here have watched this drama? I cant recall this drama's title. This drama has interesting plot and twist. Thanks a bunch. :)

southbound

Post by southbound » Jan 15th, '08, 05:46

I'm curious about actual Cdramas, not just Twdramas. Is there anything recommended from China that is modern? I suppose I'm willing to watch something historicalish if it's phenomenal, but I'm wondering if there ARE any modern-time Cdramas around.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Jan 15th, '08, 06:00

If you mean mainland cdramas... yes, there are modern dramas, but they're usually not very good. They are more normal-people drama, about ordinary people's lives, and not as exaggerated as most of the drama posted up on d-a.

southbound

Post by southbound » Jan 15th, '08, 15:53

Okay, thanks for the info. I guess that's why I never see any :P

x-dolly-x

Post by x-dolly-x » Jan 21st, '08, 19:29

Dramas Ive Watched Aree:

Devil Beside You - OMG i totally fell in LOVE with :wub: MIKE HE :wub: ..!!! This drama had the FITTEST guys I have ever seen! Kingone, Mike He, Figaro.... the WHOLE CAST was good looking :wub: !!! I am quite mean and biased but I only really like dramas with good looking leads & Devil Beside You was one of them. The whole story line was funny and cute and of course it was my FIRST chinese/twnese drama :D ! But don't think it's all sooo happy dappy... because i HATED that "prince" girl who kept on calling the :wub: gorgeous Mike He "prince" :cussing: ! GRRRRR!

I.S.W.A.K. - This drama was funny, innocent and cute but REALLY got on my nerves. I thought Joe Cheng looked the fittest at the beginning of the drama and (sorry Joe Cheng fans out there) kinda kept on getting uglier :crazy: . Ariel Lin on the other hand got prettier but sometimes she was really REALLY annoying :x ! I HATE Her "Zhi Shu" Voice.... it kills me ALL the time. I LOVED the ending & also Jiro Wang was a fitty in this drama :wub: !

ISWAK 2 I was FORCED to watch this with my sister since she LOVES ISWAK.... It nearly killed me because of Xiang Qin.... boy did she annoy me!!! Also its nice to see HOt Jiro Wang :wub: fall in love with Christine cuz thats really cute!!! I couldnt believe Fiagaro was the same boy that played Ah Rang in Devil Beside You.. He looks soo much older!!!

Hana Kimi - This HAS to be THE funniest drama (neck and neck with My Girl) I have EVER seen! This drama has LOADZ of EYE CANDY!!! :wub: Wu Zun, Jiro Wang and I dont know his real name but Senior Nan :wub: !!! PHWWOOOOAAARR!!!!! The ending was kinda crappy but i hope there is a Hana Kimi 2!!

Smiling Pasta - This drama was really funny with Cyndi Wang's "FLAT FEET!" OMG... and also her "3 MONTH CURSE" where her boyfriend ALWAYS dumps her on their 3 month anniversary!!! I was KICKING myself practically KICKING myself because Nicholas Teo was ugly! :crazy: EWWW... but I have to say he is pretty talented and he's got a great voice. The songs were all really happy and stuff just like the drama but sometimes you felt a bit sad. Nicholas Teo and his brother (forgot his name) had this huge fight. Because his brother's girlfriend died because of him :cry: .. i also got a bit sad when the flashbacks... but on the whole nice drama.

Why Why Love Another drama with Mike He, Rainie Yang and Kingone... it was really really good. Rainie wasn't SOO innocent but it has a real twist in the ending. I'm not going to tell you as it might ruin it but....OMG...I didn't half laugh as much as I
cried :cry: ...lets just say I cried because I thought Mike He died. They had a really evil side girl.... Yan Shu... :cussing: CURSE HER!! I HATED HER...HER AND HER STOOPID SOFT "huo da" voice!! IF KINGONE DIDN'T WANT HER SHE'D GO RUNNING TO MIKE HE!!! SHE WAS SOO UGLY... I DIDNT KNOW WHY A FIT GUY LIKE MIKE HE WAS FANCYING HER! But yehh... gr8 drama.

Bull Fighting I kinda lost intrest with this one because I started watching better things... so I skipped to the end and it was pretty cute. I LOVE Mike He... and Hebe is very pretty :D .

Meteor Garden Mysecond taiwanese/chinese drama... I watched it ALL. I watched EVERY SINGLE BIT!.... I Thought It was REALLy good... UNTIL... I realized the Japanese one is MUCH better. Call me weird but I don't know why everyone is obsessed with Jerry Yan and F4.... because in MY opinion.... F4 is UGLY! When I saw them come out of the car in Meteor Garden I was like... :crazy: .... only one of them is fit.... and that is Vic Zhou :wub: ! If You want to watch this... DONT... just watch the Japanese one... its much better and it has less episodees :D!

Meteor Garden 2 As Most of you will agree (who have watched this) Meteor Garden 2 sucks. Number 2 is just too many episodes and it nearly killed me with boredom :crazy: .

My Lucky Star A VERYY good drama so far... Im watching it right now. I was VERYY surprised that Tian Qi (or the guy that plays him) is 30! He looks so Hot :wub: and young!! The girl is pretty :cheers: and they have interesting side characters. I love the bit when Tian Qi says to Ah Xing... "Will youh be my Lady Luck? Give me a lucky kiss." That nearly KILLED mee! It was SOOO effing HOTT :w00t: ! I will DEFINETLEY finish this drama!!!!

[/b]
Last edited by x-dolly-x on Apr 28th, '08, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jan 21st, '08, 22:37

What I Recommend

Mars: Definitely a great drama. The storyline is a bit cliche-ish. XD. but very dramatic. It was my very first taiwanese drama. You get to see Vic's aggressive side. [not like in Meteor Garden] I recommend to anyone who's a Vic fan. :P or likes some action and love mixed together. :]

Devil Beside You: This is my absolute favorite. Yes, it is cliche. but that's what I like. At first, I didn't think Mike was attractive cause of his hair. but then later on he was totally hot. XD. Rainie looks so young and childish compared to WWL. It's purely love and sweetness and a bit heart breaking drama. ^_^

Smiling Pasta: It's an okay drama. there wasn't much special. I liked the pasta! looked so yummy. but anyways. It took awhile for Cyndi and Nicholas to be together. that kinda dragged. It's sweet. Cyndi is really adorable though!! It was a cute, funny and adorable drama. :]

Why Why Love: This ISN'T the greatest drama but I really liked the stoyline here. the ending was disappointing though. It kinda confused me. It's dramatic. I just cried a lot.. I guess you can watch this to have a good cry...? lol.

My Lucky Star: I loved this drama!! It had almost everything. It starts off loving and sweet until half way, then BAM! there's tragedy, hate and revenge. I might be exaggerating though. But it has a happy ending. It made me cry towards the end. TT_TT

It Started With A Kiss: This took awhile to watch. Yes, it is longggggg. The storyline takes place over a long period of time. [about 5 or 6 years]. I skimmed through the series in the beginning cause it was getting boring. Zhi Shu is so stubborn!! He won't admit he loves Xiang Qin until the end. =.=; I don't get the chemistry there though. but oh wells. :D It's a good drama overall.. Just wish it was shorter..

Sweet Relationship: I'm still watching it. but it's going good so far. I don't see much love. but I'm sure it'll develop. ^_^ You get to see Vic cook!! ah~ I think it's a good drama to watch!! lol.

Summer X Summer: Ahh~ This one was sweeeeeet~!! It starts off a bit similar to ISWAK but the girl isn't as "stupid" as Ariel's character. The VERY beginning is funny. XD. You actually have two couples going on. :] Nicee. The ending was a happy one. ^_^

I've watched other dramas but I didn't think it was that great.. but you can still watch them: Meteor Garden I [it wasn't good nor bad] and II [bad... too long]. Silence. Hana-Kimi. Love Contract. Tokyo Juliet [Wu Zun looked weird with long hair... and his voice wasn't his real voice = voice overr]. KO One [it's fantasy, it's a bit funny ... ]. Romantic Princess.

kawaita

Post by kawaita » Jan 22nd, '08, 05:41

fluxs wrote:Hi guys,
any recommendations for new good taiwan dramas? I watched quite a few already like
meteor garden, love contract, devil beside you,mvp valentine, is there any new good ones out? i just started watching romatic princess which is ok after the first 2 eps...
Thanks!
If you are looking for a comedy, theres this recent one called Queen's [ 至尊玻璃鞋 / Zhi Zun Bo Li Xie ] that came out in 2007. It is a Taiwanese drama based off the Korean manhwa Queen's by Ha Sung Hyun.

It was a very cute story and will make you laugh quite a lot. The main character guys are very hot in case you can't stand to watch dramas with ugly actors in it heh ^^; The main girl character is alright but makes you mad sometimes with the things she does but it wouldn't be a drama if she wasnt around.

For the record, this drama isn't all about the anime/cosplay aspect but it is the beginning of the hillarities in the plot, its just extra background info. The characters do not act like otakus or anything in the series.

Here is the synopsis from the d-addicts dramawiki:

Who says a man has to have big muscle? I will make myself more manly. My name is Tie Xiong.
Who says a woman has to be cute and soft spoken? I will do whatever I want. My name is Lin Fu Nan.

Tie Xiong is in love with a girl named Ke Er, who is an anime/manga cosplay fanatic. To get closer to her, he learned handicraft, joined cosplay club, and cross-dressed as Saber. He didn't get the girl. What he got for his beautiful face and feminine-ish new hobbies was being her new best friend, a nickname of "Teddy Bear," and an unwanted rumor that he is gay. And the most depressing of all, he ended up helping her chase after school basketball player Yong Jun. That was when he realized, he had went about the wrong way for her heart. She wanted a sweaty-smelling manly man and not a little sweet teddy bear.

Just when all the setbacks made him want to give up, he found light in a manga called, "The Real Man." A chance encounter with the artist Lin Fu Nan confirmed that this manly author would be his savior.

fluxs

Post by fluxs » Jan 22nd, '08, 20:51

kawaita wrote:
If you are looking for a comedy, theres this recent one called Queen's [ 至尊玻璃鞋 / Zhi Zun Bo Li Xie ] that came out in 2007. It is a Taiwanese drama based off the Korean manhwa Queen's by Ha Sung Hyun.
[/quote]

Hey! thats sounds pretty funny actually! I think I will give it a try! Thanks!!!

amirbahalegharn

Give Me Advice

Post by amirbahalegharn » Feb 8th, '08, 22:24

I'm wondering if anybody know series like each of these series.although I have Watched more than 50 series but I love these series among all of them.
Please let me know if you know series that are just like each one of these movies.
I'm an outsider so I have to download them.please help me to pick the right choice of movies.thanks in advance

1-Duke of Mount Deer
2-Return of Condor Heroes 2006
3-Tian Long Ba Bu = Heaven Dragon The Eighth
4-Xiao Ao Jiang Hu
5-The Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber
6-the jewel in palace

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Feb 8th, '08, 23:06

Legend of Condor Heroes, Return of Condor Heroes, and Tian Long Ba Bu forms a trilogy. They should be watched in that order.

Duke of Mount Deer (Part 1, Part 2), Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, and Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber are great series. They can be watched independently.

Now about the "messages" of each series:
* Legend of Condor Heroes: Your intelligence doesn't matter. As long as you work hard and honest, it'll get you to the top.
* Return of Condor Heroes: True love overcomes time and place.
* Tian Long Ba Bu: Intertwining stories of several heroes.
* Xiao Ao Jiang Hu: Power corrupts. Only those with pure hearts can survive.
* Duke of Mount Deer: Sweet talk can get you all the way to the top, but friendship does matter.
* Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber: People can fight each other over either trivial stuffs or some feud, but in the end they're all wrong.

I've never watched The Jewel in the Palace.

Now you get a rough idea of what to watch.

voth

Post by voth » Feb 26th, '08, 19:25

My recommendations:

1. Why Why Love
2. It Started With A Kiss - I've only started watching it, but it's very good
3. A Step Into The Past
4. Return Of The Condor Heroes (2006)
5. The Proud Twins
6. Devil Beside You
7. Madam White Snake
8. Strange Tales Of Liaozhai
9. Fairy From Wonderland

myjaehee

Post by myjaehee » Feb 27th, '08, 03:26

the latest taiwan drama that i watched was Why2 luv. my hero mike is actor in this drama. luv him so much..he damn hot in this drama rather in Devil beside u.... u wont regret if u watch this drama . i highly recommeded to you all !!! =)

kensoong

TVB drama

Post by kensoong » Mar 1st, '08, 11:45

currently i dl tai chi frm TVB, just finish wasabi also frm TVB

Turbojugend

cdrama

Post by Turbojugend » Mar 1st, '08, 12:26

i'm currently watching and have finished watching:

Gong Zhu Xiao Mei (公主小妹) which is kinda cute i think
Qing Qing Xiao Ba (親親小爸)
Shui Yuet Fung Wan - Sui Yue Feng Yun (歲月風雲 - 岁月风云)
Zhen Ming Tian Nü (真命天女) ... which is kinda my fav friends say that its so very taiwanese-much-too-cute hehe .. heck, the girls are hot

i also watched Chess Warriors (棋武士) but that was too wuxia for me and some of the others that ... well not my type ;)

Huo Yuan Jia (霍元甲) looks pretty good so i'm into that now too

i think it's sad that i can't find more Xiao Hai Bu Ben 2 (小孩不笨 2) on the net, even though it's not particularly good

but I#m gonna check out ath the dolphin's bay and mars for sure ... just gotta finish downloading all my other stuff first ;)

rlia1209

Post by rlia1209 » Mar 20th, '08, 16:33

my fav taiwan series:
1) ISWAK-my fav (love the cast so much that i bought it..and force myself to learn mandarin..hu3x)
2) ai qing he yue _love contract
3) Devil beside U-funny, entertaining
4) snow angel-love the purity but dislike the ending..:(
5) Magicians of Love-like the soundtrack
6) frog prince-watch it because i like ming dao n qiao en chemistry..hehehe
7) my lucky star-its nice to see jimmy lin again
8) silence-i cried coz of this story..(oh my3x)-so tear jerking, also dislike the ending
9) snow angel-love the purity but dislike the ending, but still love it..the songs were nice
10) working girl-the story was OK, i watch it because i just love jolin..:P

austenwings86

Post by austenwings86 » Mar 25th, '08, 19:48

Recommend:

Meteor Garden 1

My Lucky Star

Hana Kimi

Summer x Summer

Anatoli

Post by Anatoli » Mar 28th, '08, 04:38

Meteor Garden 1
Hello all, :-)
I watched the original Japanese version: "Hana-yori Dango" both seasons.

I am becoming addicted to Japanese TV dramas but I also want to know more about the Chinese as well, as Mandarin Chinese is my main focus (hobby only), although I am continuing to learn Japanese.

A colleague lent me the whole TV Series of 奋斗 (Fèndòu) - "Struggle". I found a small page in d-addicts Wiki. It has Chinese simplified subtitles, which is great but there no English subtitles yet.

I found bits and pieces of text on the web, which matches the subtitles, it helps a little but it's still hard.

Do you recommend this series? How do you compare this with "Meteor Garden"?

Motoko Ayoama

Post by Motoko Ayoama » Apr 2nd, '08, 15:13

Hanakimi is a good Drama, though I have the impression that sometimes it is overacted ( I am not sure Ella is such a good actress).
I would highly recommand It Started with a kiss. Really nice drama.

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Apr 4th, '08, 22:07

Can someone recommend me a chinese drama that is like from the old times but no exactly Wuxia?

I like something along the lines of The Conqueror's Story.[/url]

JelloMeg

Drama

Post by JelloMeg » Apr 16th, '08, 00:36

Well, I liked Silence a lot. It was really, really sad. I cried at the end.

I thought Mars was a little too out there. It was sort of unbelievable, but aren't all dramas supposed to be like that?

Anatoli

Post by Anatoli » Apr 16th, '08, 00:53

I tried to watch "The Prince Who Turns into a Frog" (王子变青蛙). I just don't know what is good about it, sorry + the English subtitles are terrible. Since I paid for it, I'll have to try again, just to improve my Mandarin, perhaps I will like it after a few episodes. "Meteor garden" (流行花园) or "Mars" (战神MARS) are much better, IMHO.

I hope someone will produce English subtitles for "Struggle" (奋斗) (made in the PRC, not Taiwan). I watched 2 episodes with Chinese subtitles, very interesting, pity I don't understand 100%.

GuoDaiLi

Post by GuoDaiLi » Apr 16th, '08, 02:11

Hi! I'm new here, and I have watched and really liked:

TW drama:
ISWAK I
ISWAK II
Mars
The Rose

Kdrama:
Sassy Girl
Full House

I really like dramas where there are obstacles for the couples to overcome and happy endings.
Any suggestions?

Nayuu

Post by Nayuu » Apr 29th, '08, 15:33

i really love tw dramas :wub: ..

My TOP fav's:

MY LUCKY STAR - i've never seen such a great lovestory. okay, the plot is the same like a lot of other idol dramas BUT in no one you can FEEL the love between the mainactors like this! only a picture and i must still cry :cry: ... - and the music is amazing too! our memories (shivia lee) is such a beautiful song... i think this will be the first drama that i have to see a second time *haha*

THE ROSE - the story is SO beautiful and unique and outstanding. the music too. no one should live without watching this story :wub:

--------
My "good that i've watched this" Favs:

PRINCE WO TURNS INTO A FROG - also a story with a great feeling for love

WHY WHY LOVE - i think it's better than DBS

HANA KIMI - it was my first tw drama so it was good, infective

DEVIL BESIDES YOU - Ya, it's a cute story, i like it :)

ISWAK 1&2 - i really like this drama, it's funny at all and the story is unique. zishu's family is such heartwarming, because of this i have a better feeling for my own family now
:D cakes are great!

Summer x Summer - it's cute, maybe it's because of the male mainact ;D .. that i have to like it a lot

-------

My "nothing special but nice to watch" List:

Romantic Princess
Smiling Pasta
Mean Girl Ah Chu !
Reaching for the Stars
Magic Ring !
Corner with Love
Ying Ye 3+1 - it's nice after watching frog prince and also because of ?/JIN/the Rose (i don't know his name)
Brown Sugar Macchiato

------------

i don't like: love contract (sorry), tokyo juliet, marmalade boy, peach girl, fated to love you,...

what i want to see next:

Express Boy
Marry Me!
Wish to see you again :mrgreen:

boris7

Post by boris7 » Apr 29th, '08, 15:51

Return of the Condor Heroes 1983......a real classic......

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 30th, '08, 06:29

I really like:

Meteor Garden
Mars
Chinese Ghost Story
Corner With Love
A Promise of Love at the Dolphin Bay

Currently watching
Love Storm
It started with a kiss

nzinga

Request for Fansub Recommendations

Post by nzinga » May 12th, '08, 21:36

Please forgive (and move) this post if it's in the wrong place. A friend of mine showed me this web site while I was hunting for the name of a Chinese drama. Then I found this section, which indicates there are fansubs of dramas with English subtitles.

I enjoy watching Chinese historical/legendary costume dramas (ancient times - Ming dynasty). I only know a few words of Mandarin, so I've literally just watched these without understanding any of the words on the local Asian tv channel. I'd very much like to see some with English subtitles.

Would anyone here be willing to recommend good costume dramas to me that are available here as fansubs?

Ps. Thank you to the subbers for all your efforts.
Last edited by nzinga on May 13th, '08, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » May 13th, '08, 03:16

Well, this is not the right place to ask something like this. You should post your request on this thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_15829.htm

Anyway, you may want to watch The Great Revival:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60937.htm

It's not Ming dynasty, though. It's Spring-Autumn period.

Other choices would be:
Great Qing Dynasty
Emperor Han Wu
Chien Lung Dynasty
Kang Xi's Incognito Travel 4
The Witty Imperial Envoy
Water Margin
Xiao Zhuang Epic

All of these are in English and can be obtained here: http://jem.d-addicts.com/

nzinga

Post by nzinga » May 13th, '08, 04:25

Thanks for replying even though I posted in the wrong thread. :unsure:

This list ought to keep me busy for a while - hopefully I can check out all of them! Thanks also for confirming they all had subs in English. :cheers:

bbabyJESS

Post by bbabyJESS » Jun 3rd, '08, 15:49

actually i recommend
' te jing fei long '
thou its quite an old show , but its nice !
especially marshall's son is in it ,
its about detectives n all , a really nice show thou i cant find it anywhr T.T

i tried finding in singapore's VCD shops but none seem to have , neither can i find the torrents in d addicts , how sad !
i cant buy overseas cuz i do not have a credit card either . =\\
those that have a way to get it or view it do take a look , it might turn out nice ;D

anyway , anyone has any detective / police / investigation shows to recommend me ? i cant find much but i really love these shows ! be it hk , korean , japan , taiwan , china or any language , do tell me by personal msg or anything ! thnx ya !

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jul 1st, '08, 06:14

bbabyJESS wrote:actually i recommend
' te jing fei long '
thou its quite an old show , but its nice !
especially marshall's son is in it ,
its about detectives n all , a really nice show thou i cant find it anywhr T.T

i tried finding in singapore's VCD shops but none seem to have , neither can i find the torrents in d addicts , how sad !
i cant buy overseas cuz i do not have a credit card either . =\\
those that have a way to get it or view it do take a look , it might turn out nice ;D

anyway , anyone has any detective / police / investigation shows to recommend me ? i cant find much but i really love these shows ! be it hk , korean , japan , taiwan , china or any language , do tell me by personal msg or anything ! thnx ya !
there's Kurosagi with Yamashita Tomohisa and Horikita Maki (they were in Nobuta Wo Produce with Kamanashi Kazuya) it's about money-swindling. yamapi actually catches the swindlers by swindling himself. very good.

there's also detective conan 1 and 2. it's with oguri shun. he's a detective at his high school so think Veronica Mars.

Both japanese of course.

ShadowMystika

Post by ShadowMystika » Jul 2nd, '08, 08:38

favorites i would have to say meteor garden, it started with a kiss, and hana kimi.

meteor garden 2 was not that great, IMHO, and the very last episode of hana kimi is a bit disappointing, but other than that its pretty funny

darkaz619

Post by darkaz619 » Jul 13th, '08, 07:32

is Wish to See You Again any good

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Aug 4th, '08, 05:26

My Lucky Star <- I actually finished this one!!
Love at Zero Degrees (Sg) <- finished this one too

good, but dropped it for some reason
Prince turn to frog (didn't seem to end)
Love Queen (i watched this raw, so i gave up half way)

maybe
Meteor Garden (got draggy in the middle, but I did finish it and went gaga over Jerry for about 2 wks after finishing it)

silverwolf0

Post by silverwolf0 » Aug 4th, '08, 20:05

Hello. I am trying to find some Chinese or Taiwanese dramas for my mom. I have exhausted the list of HKDrama's as they are pretty concise, and am now moving on to the other available dramas in mandarin. However, I am having a hard time sifting through all the ones available.

What I am looking for are ancient dramas that are slower and don't have excessive amounts of flashy color or very unrealistic fight scenes. I am mainly looking for non-combat or only a little bit of combat and focusing on the drama part more. Also, court dramas are high priority. Another thing she likes is Shanghai or old Hong Kong shows where there's always those black cars that rich people drove in, the early 1900's dramas.

I hope someone can recommend me a few to start off with that are readily available that I can torrent with from btchina. Chinese names would be great too.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 14th, '08, 19:52

^
Well, a good start would be The Story of a Noble family
If you like Dong Jie from that series, pretty much anything with her is quite decent.

There was a martial arts parody called Wu Lin Wai Zhuan. It's kind of meta, because it has a lot of martial arts memes, but was extremely funny

As for court dramas, I've watched so many, they are washing together in my memory, but pretty much anything with "Kang Xi" should be watchable...

sianzb0i

Post by sianzb0i » Aug 16th, '08, 09:16

this yr, the best is still dou niu yao bu yao.
last yr most memorable was 18 jing bu jing
currently is lan qiu huo and hei tang xia or sth de...quite funny

gokidora

Post by gokidora » Aug 20th, '08, 05:48

I'm looking to watch my first TW drama but it seems like a lot of them are either remakes of Korean or Japanese dramas or based on a manga. What would be a good, homegrown, original drama to watch?

sianzb0i

Post by sianzb0i » Aug 20th, '08, 06:56

theres this show a few yrs back called 我们结婚吧 dunno issit based on any manga or anything...quite nice also

dendia

Post by dendia » Aug 21st, '08, 16:32

Any recommendations for a good romantic MODERN cdrama?

I've only ever watched Taiwanese stuff, and I'd like to watch something from the mainland.

I don't really want anything that's overly dramatic unless it's well done. (e.g. Peach Girl was a bit too annoying - I felt like smacking the characters upside the head and telling them to stop being big babies!)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 21st, '08, 20:05

gokidora wrote:I'm looking to watch my first TW drama but it seems like a lot of them are either remakes of Korean or Japanese dramas or based on a manga. What would be a good, homegrown, original drama to watch?
The last one I can think of that would qualify under your criteria would be Pawnshop number 8. Everything else is either good, homegrown, but derivative or bad, homegrown and original (if it ain't homegrown, it's not a TW drama...).

TW virtually stopped making original series a long time ago, too risky.

gokidora

Post by gokidora » Aug 22nd, '08, 05:11

What a shame. They produce some great original movies. To my ignorant mind, if their television could harness some of that post-new wave sensibility they'd be unstoppable.

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Aug 23rd, '08, 22:31

hi guys..can somebody recommend me, the Cantonese (audio) series with English Subtitle (hard sub or soft sub)...:) and also the latest series with high rating...I've watch some series in TV but didn't satisfied me coz i wanna watch it again..i don't remember the title :) TQ very much...really appreciate it!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Nayuu

Post by Nayuu » Sep 4th, '08, 22:44

auroragb wrote:
gokidora wrote:I'm looking to watch my first TW drama but it seems like a lot of them are either remakes of Korean or Japanese dramas or based on a manga. What would be a good, homegrown, original drama to watch?
The last one I can think of that would qualify under your criteria would be Pawnshop number 8. Everything else is either good, homegrown, but derivative or bad, homegrown and original (if it ain't homegrown, it's not a TW drama...).

maybe "the rose"? i dont know any jpn or k drama whos even a little bit like this one :unsure:

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Sep 13th, '08, 18:24

Taiwanese dramas I've seen and liked (no particular order):

1) "Corner With Love" --sweetest "boy in love" character ever!
2) "Mars" --soulmates in every sense of the word; Vic Zhou--HOT!!
3) "Summer x Summer" --sweet love story; heroine has a great laugh!
4) "The Rose" -- shocking, really, but includes the best character I've ever seen in an Asian drama = Kui (a really breathtaking performance by Joe Cheng)
5) "Prince Turns to Frog" --leads have great chemistry together; loved the "whoosh" cinematic effects...LOL! Loved the soundtrack too!
6) "Meteor Garden"--much closer to actual manga than the Jap version, though the acting is a little weak and the story drags in spots...its much better towards the end than at the beginning. But its such a strong story it can withstand anything.

Taiwanese dramas that were ok:
1) "Devil Beside You"
2) "Why Why Love"
3) "Sweet Relationship"
4) "Ying Ye 3 + 1" --first 7 episodes were GREAT! Thought it was going to be my favorite TWdrama ever... but then it went downhill from there... (sigh), but overall it averages to OK.
5) "They Kiss Again" --sequel much better than the original, believe it or not...
6) "My Lucky Star" --annoying voice dub and the lead actor wore too much makeup, but story was cute.

Taiwanese dramas I did not like (despite what other people say):
1) "It Started With a Kiss"--DUMBEST heroine EVER! Too frustrating....
2) "Love Contract" -- Mike He is hot but story was sl-o-o-ow and then took a turn int the Twilight Zone by the end, WTF?
3) "Hana Kimi" -- they tried too hard to be funny and it ended up being painful; not to mention leads had no chemsitry and romance fell short.
4) "Chinese Paladin" -- yawn... recommended only for martial arts fans, because it has no emotional hook whatsoever and a goodlooking hero too naive to be sexy.

azntina

Post by azntina » Sep 16th, '08, 02:36

My forever favorite series and couples are:

1) The Master of Tai Chi - This is definitely the most beautiful love story, with a tinge of bittersweet, that will leave a deep imprint in your heart! You'll cry for the hero and heroine. Gosh I can't even find the right words to describe how amazing this series is, Raymond Lam and Myolie Wu really have sizzling chemistry. Rayolie is the best couple in my recollection, they are my number 1 favorite couple of all time.
2) It started with a Kiss - The cutest teenage series you'll ever see. The heroine's perseverence will move you and you'll root for her all the way! My second favorite couple, Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng, are great and funny.
2) Prince Turns into Frog - Another cute series that will have you smiling whenever the two lead are having their sweet moments. The leads here are my third favorite couple, they really match each other in terms of looks and acting.

I can watch these series over and over again without getting bored, which I plan to do during my holidays and vacations.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 16th, '08, 02:48

I needed to update my list of five favorites.

1. Mars-Will always be my favorite. It was something new and different in the story line. Very real and emotional.
2. Fated to Love You-Funny, funny, funny. It got a little tired in the next to last episode but great Chemistry.
3. Magicians of Love-Entertaining
4. It started with a Kiss-Cute
5. The Rose-Weird family dynamic, weird story line, weird love story, great drama

Honorable Mention:

1. Wish You Were Here
2. Devil Beside You
3. A Game about Love
4. So I'm Not Handsome-Very Slap Stick, but I like the relationship between the three male leads

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 21st, '08, 15:56

Are there any good tw/chinese action dramas? I've been itching to find something with action ; ;

idarklight

Post by idarklight » Oct 3rd, '08, 20:45

kuro570 wrote:Are there any good tw/chinese action dramas? I've been itching to find something with action ; ;
Action as in wuxia ? There are plenty. Anything by Jin Yong is worth watching. And a few that aren't (Young Warriors of the Yang Clan is a good mix of everything).

Otherwise, my favorite dramas:
I'm more of a holistic watcher...I watch all Chinese dramas, not just Taiwanese or Hong Kong....

Modern Idol dramas:
1. Hana Kimi
2. Ugly Betty (Chinese version)
3. Good Morning, Shanghai
4. The Rose

Period Idol dramas:
1. Young Warriors of the Yang Clan
2. Tian Wai Fei Xian / Fairy from wonderland
3. My Bratty Princess
4. Butterfly Lovers

Non-idol, non-serious dramas:
1. Qia Tong Xue Shao Nian (When We were young)
2. Shanghai Bund
3. Jade Goddess of Mercy

Wuxia dramas:
1. Semi-Gods and Demi-Devils 2000
2. Legend of the Condor Heroes, not 2008
3. Return of the Condor Heroes 2006

Serious dramas:
1/2/3.Kang Xi/Qian Long/Yong Zheng Wang Chao.

Old dramas:
1. Legend of the Condor Heroes 1983
2. Princess of Returning Pearl
3. Romance in the Rain

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 3rd, '08, 21:48

Thanks, I'll check them out ^.^

pom45i

Post by pom45i » Oct 6th, '08, 21:41

My favorite drama:
-Mars
-Silence
-Why why love
-Fated to love you
-miss no good
-Prince turned to frog
-It started with a kiss
-a game about love
-corner with love
-My lucky star
-devil besides you
-mean girl ah chu
-ying ye 3+1
Last edited by pom45i on Oct 11th, '08, 17:14, edited 3 times in total.

ristina

Post by ristina » Oct 11th, '08, 00:07

twdramas that i love:

hanakimi - i become a chun-ella fan after watching this drama.really funny.
it started with a kiss & they kiss again - i just love joe cheng!!!! and they kiss again is so freaking sweet~
why why love - i love mike-rainie together.funny n sweet.
hotshot - 3 handsome boys in one drama~~ so crazy.awesome basketball games too.
fated to love you - funny.cute.

twdramas that r OK:
romantic princess
ying ye 3+1
the rose: i love JOE CHENG!

other drama: i love huan zhu ge ge 1 and 2. ;)

Xandal

Post by Xandal » Oct 20th, '08, 10:35

Psst~ I'm new to the drama world and I've only seen two. Devil Beside You and Why Why Love. Could anyone recommend something in that general genre that I might like?

pom45i

Post by pom45i » Oct 20th, '08, 18:11

You've got "miss no good", still with rainie yang. There is "fated to love you", not bad or "it started with a kiss" which is often recommended. You might also like "My lucky star" .

jeff_38

Post by jeff_38 » Nov 6th, '08, 18:07

all i kno is that ISAK, Mars, MG, Dolphin bay are the greatest chinese dramas!!
however it depends on taste....for e.g if u watch drama like sweet relationship and magicians of love, the only criticism is that there is too much emphasis on 'cooking skills' for s.relationship and 'haircuts' for magicians of love....these sort of things can be boring at times!!

jeff_38

Post by jeff_38 » Nov 6th, '08, 18:08

for love contract i dnt know if anyone watched it yet, the first few episodes i watched i fell asleep!!!

solitude

Post by solitude » Nov 21st, '08, 04:49

I've watched Love Contract before, and I quite enjoy the refreshing outline at the start..but it gets confusing at the later part of the story. And really, I do not understand some parts of the story~

I recommend The Outsiders I, although it was an older drama. It has more storyline, with an element of sadness that makes me remember the drama even more.

I like the earlier episodes of Why Why Love, but it became a predictable and usual story towards the end..abit disappointing, nevertheless the front parts are really nice~

I would also recommend The Rose. The ambience of the whole drama is exceptionally good, with a GREAT selection of casts, and yeah the ost is nice. I think that it is a rather unique drama and I absolutely enjoyed it.

For comedy romance, The Prince who turns into a Frog is a recommended series!

Well, sometimes I really hoped the female leads will end up with the supporting actor haha!

~Now watching Love or Bread, the 1st episode is cute,hope it will turn out nice!

jeff_38

a funny drama??!!

Post by jeff_38 » Nov 21st, '08, 12:39

hi....i watched 'Fated to love you' and i recommend this one....
I'm pretty sure laugh from start to end: the acting is nice and the drama as a whole is generally good!!

sarah117

Re: a funny drama??!!

Post by sarah117 » Nov 21st, '08, 21:47

jeff_38 wrote:hi....i watched 'Fated to love you' and i recommend this one....
I'm pretty sure laugh from start to end: the acting is nice and the drama as a whole is generally good!!
yes, me too i LOVE it!! :lol laughed and cried a lot too..
but it seems that not much of people here recommend this drama.. now I'll recommend it to all of you, watch Fated To Love You.. :thumright: :thumright:

Mr_Kyoling

Post by Mr_Kyoling » Dec 1st, '08, 21:16

I'm also here for recommendations. I recently was forced by a friend to watch Brown Sugar Macchiato and ended up liking it for the crack (and Ya Tou), then watched Hei Tang Qun Xia Zhuan/Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries. And now I'm looking for other (action) comedies, preferrably subbed (would try non-subbed easy story in Mandarin, need subs for Cantonese).
I don't know many series yet. Started to watch Mars, but haven't been in the mood for such a story for ages. Liked Devil Beside You. Didn't watch more than a couple of minutes of Hana Kimi.
Any ideas? Idols are welcome, too.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Dec 4th, '08, 19:04

Mr_Kyoling wrote:I'm also here for recommendations. I recently was forced by a friend to watch Brown Sugar Macchiato and ended up liking it for the crack (and Ya Tou), then watched Hei Tang Qun Xia Zhuan/Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries. And now I'm looking for other (action) comedies, preferrably subbed (would try non-subbed easy story in Mandarin, need subs for Cantonese).
i didn't watch that drama yet, but if u're searching for a comedy, i would really recommend you to watch Fated To Love You.. :wub: :wub:
(again? lol)

Mr_Kyoling

Post by Mr_Kyoling » Dec 4th, '08, 19:27

Thank you!

Mirooo

Post by Mirooo » Dec 8th, '08, 22:21

1-MARS
2-devil beside you

Averroes

Starting Chinese Drama

Post by Averroes » Dec 22nd, '08, 21:52

Hello All,

I'm quite new in chinese drama and I've never seen one at this. I know, it's a shame.
So I'd like some recommendation about a drama that can satisfy me.

I come from japanese drama and I'm not against a romantic drama if it can make a big baby of 22 years old cry.

Thank you for your advice.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Dec 22nd, '08, 22:33

Averroes

Post by Averroes » Dec 22nd, '08, 22:38

thank you princess

tuttle23

Post by tuttle23 » Dec 30th, '08, 01:33

My top favorites
-My Lucky Star: I didn't go into watching this drama expecting that much. I could actually feel the passion between the characters which is surprising since the main girl lead did all her lines in Korean when they shot it. Yes her voice is dubbed but I got passed it. It is a really cute story wanting me to watch it over and over again.

-It Started with a kiss/They Kiss Again: It is a slow story but I am obsessed with Ariel and Joe. Everything in this story was cute. I think ISWAK was way better than TKA but atleast in TKA Zhi Shou was nicer to Xiang Qin. It was my first TWdrama and watched it ISWAK in like 3 days during spring break

-Devil Beside You: Very funny and entertaining. For one thing it has Mike He. It totally made me fall in love with him and rainie. The ending left me disappointed though.

Other nice/entertaining dramas to watch
-Why Why Love
-Bull fighting (reminded me of Hana yori dango idk why but i really really liked this one)
-Miss No Good
-Smiling Pasta
-Fated to Love you (got boring towards the middle. I thought I was watching a Kdrama part of the time)

Ok to watch
-Hana Kimi (this was a REALLY BIG let down. the Japanese Hana kimi is my favorite show ever. It got me obbsesed with any type of Asian drama. Plus this one had Jiro in it. I was probably to in love with Ikuta Toma to have given this a shot. Plus ella over acted A LOT)
-Tokyo Juliet

Do not watch
-Love contract (I really had hoped to like this drama but I couldn't. It started out slow. The middle was pretty good. The ending was just kind of weird. I am pretty sure i missed something when i was watching this drama)

Others I want to watch but Haven't had time
-Corner with Love
-Hot Shot
-Rolling Love
-Sweet Relationship
-Mean Girl Ah Chu (idk about this one)
-Prince turned Frog
-Wish you were here

borneo elephant

Post by borneo elephant » Dec 30th, '08, 01:49

smileyx7

Post by smileyx7 » Dec 30th, '08, 13:55

my faves!=

1. Corner with love starring Show luo who is so cute and Barbie Xu
(i prefer show with barbie better than vic-sorry vic fans!)
2. Meteor Garden 1 (hated the sequel)
3. :thumleft: ummm Legend of the Condor heroes
4. It Started With a Kiss (the original was a bit better than TKA) :wub: Ariel & Joe r so cute together!

For some reason I didn't like Mars that much...2 serious??? :salut:

On My To Watch List-->

-Devil Beside You
-Smiling Pasta
-Miss No Good
Dunno.
any more recommendations??? :-(
Attachments
the corner with love poster
<br />Very Cutte
the corner with love poster
Very Cutte
300px-Corner_with_Love-_poster_2.jpg (50.03 KiB) Viewed 15051 times

smileyx7

Post by smileyx7 » Dec 30th, '08, 14:13

oh and I just found this website where you can watch shows
go to www.tudou.com
and type in a chinese show
enjoy

aesir

Recommend me something

Post by aesir » Jan 7th, '09, 03:50

So here's the situation. I'm studying Chinese, and I want to download a few series with both Chinese voice acting and Chinese subtitles. I don't care if it's originally Korean or Japanese and got dubbed over in Chinese, but it needs to have a Chinese audio track as well as Chinese subtitles. I'm pretty new to this entire medium, but I want to use it primarily as a study aid, and not really as a form of entertainment. That said, feel free to recommend me something that doesn't suck. Thanks.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 7th, '09, 03:58

Pretty much all Chinese and Taiwanese dramas are in Chinese and have Chinese subtitles.

aesir

Post by aesir » Jan 7th, '09, 04:05

Cool. What are some good ones? I don't really restrict myself to genre.