Choi Jin-sil found dead

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
toyotaku

Choi Jin-sil found dead

Post by toyotaku » Oct 2nd, '08, 07:24

From an Associated Press article that just came up when I logged out of my email...
One of South Korea's most popular actresses was found dead in a suspected suicide Thursday, police said.

Choi Jin-sil, whose fame earned her the nickname "The Nation's Actress," was found in the bathroom of her Seoul home Thursday, Seocho Police Station said.
The full article in English can be found here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/ap_ ... ea_actress

It's all so strange.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 2nd, '08, 07:39

too tragic.. i cant believe it. who will care for her children now? Godbless them.. :cry:

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Oct 2nd, '08, 08:14

Rest in Peace.

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 2nd, '08, 08:49

Honestly I'm still in shock. She was kind of an inspiration (just all the obstacles she overcame throughout her whole life) to me. Choi Jin Shil was maybe the most popular K-drama actress of the 90s. But that probably doesn't adequately describe what an icon she was. When you think of "Korean Trendy Drama", you probably think of Choi Jin Shil first. And when allowed, she could be dazzling in the right role. Last Scandal was her latest triumph after her comeback, which include her winning custody rights to her children.

I mean, this is devastating. I just can't believe she's gone!!

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Oct 6th, '08, 12:23

It was a bit of a shock. Given that this is, even to someone who only vaguely follows the industry like me, an all too regular occurence, clearly something is wrong and needs to be addressed - urgently. Some hard, uncomfortable questions need to be asked on a national level, or the problem will just get worse.

aishii

Post by aishii » Oct 6th, '08, 22:30

i was in shock.. it's soo sad
i feel sorry for her family

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Oct 8th, '08, 05:53

oh my god, how depressing, how sad...

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Oct 8th, '08, 06:52

depression can be a killer and from what shown, Korea has little or no help or understanding of suffers.
Choi Jin Shil hardly the first who from the outside seem to have everything to live for but instead felt they could not go on. The culture of anti-fans and being judged over the net, the scandal stories put out by low class papers [gutterpress] No private life unless you constantly on your guard, must be totally draining for those concerned, for Choi Jin Shil the loan scandal, witch was never proved one way or the other, seemed to have been the last straw. Depression alters your normal thinking seeming to leave no way out. it common for those that suffer to refuse help, leaving those left behind with a huge feeling of guilt in not seeing what was truly going on.
I remember reading once of how a gossip rag put out a story about Jang Nara having an apportion and it took like two years for her to get over the hurt and depression that caused her, even though the story was clearly a fake, it is shocking how just a few words can hurt and tip the balance, witch seems to have been the case for Choi Jin Shil .
I wish Asian celebs would take more aggressive action against statements just said out of hate or to sell papers and without any proof behind them.

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Oct 10th, '08, 14:27

Given that South Korea apparently has the highest suicide rate of all 30 OECD countries, they need a concerted effort to tackle the problem. It seems like it is just accepted and kind of ignored, but people there evidently need plenty of help....

jkholic

Post by jkholic » Oct 11th, '08, 17:28

so sad and shocked to hear about the news on the korean celebrities. it was followed by two other celeb after Choi Jin-Sil death.