Rain's Intro to the US

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 10th, '12, 07:39

Rain is supposed to be serving in the army. However it was on Korean website that there is comment regarding his nights awqy from base and days spent in other places. Not a real time of service.
Rain is a very wealthy person, probably second only to JYP who used to be his agent.
He runs his own company now and MBLAQ is under his management.
His problems with regard to those concerts in Hawaii and Staples were probably settled by now. He said the stages were not safe enough nor did they have the right equipment to provide all the effects.( I guessed the water for the rain effects.) It was very badly mishandled and I doubt he will ever be welcomed again. Certainly not in Hawaii. He did do a small concert at one time in NYC but it was not a full blown stage show as promoted later.

TempestRider

Post by TempestRider » Nov 13th, '12, 18:18

Peggy wrote:Rain is supposed to be serving in the army. However it was on Korean website that there is comment regarding his nights awqy from base and days spent in other places. Not a real time of service.
Rain is a very wealthy person, probably second only to JYP who used to be his agent.
He runs his own company now and MBLAQ is under his management.
His problems with regard to those concerts in Hawaii and Staples were probably settled by now. He said the stages were not safe enough nor did they have the right equipment to provide all the effects.( I guessed the water for the rain effects.) It was very badly mishandled and I doubt he will ever be welcomed again. Certainly not in Hawaii. He did do a small concert at one time in NYC but it was not a full blown stage show as promoted later.
thanks for the news , Peggy! i've loved Rain eversince i saw him in Full House, and have watched his Hollywood flicks as well..i'm sad to hear about him not being welcome in the US, but I guess that's the price he has to pay for being "unprofessional" (for lack of a better word)..sorry..but still, i'm a fan and i hope to see him back in a new drama soon :-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 17th, '12, 18:32

Dear T.Rider.
I am just passing on what I have read on the various news sites. also I have friend in Hawaii and she was saying at that time that everyone there was extrememly disappointed that he did not do the concert there. I guess the people who were arranging things lost a lot of money with the no-show and I am not sure if people got their ticket mney back. I do think that Rain settled the large financial problem there however. I have no idea about the Staples matter. I would think it would be very difficult to have the type of concert he was doing with all that water pouring down in some numbers. How would they protect the floor for the basketcall games which are the real reason for Staples being there. Would ruin the boards I would think.
When they were in L.A. Rain rented two large houses, one for himself and one for the Korean crew. I guess they all enjoyed being here.

TempestRider

Post by TempestRider » Nov 18th, '12, 16:40

it's a waste though,,i was hoping to see more of his hollywood flicks..well, Rain/Bi is a very talented artist, and i'm sure he'll be able to get back on his feet again. :-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 15th, '12, 07:41

Really don't have to worry about Rain. He is a multi millionaire. Only one wealthier I believe is JYT (?) I mean the man who runs that large agency and just was doing a wonderful appearance at the MMM Awards in HongKong. His tune called 'You're the one'. It's a great number and he has done several versions.He is a great dancer and mover.

TempestRider

Post by TempestRider » Jan 9th, '13, 17:59

Peggy wrote:Really don't have to worry about Rain. He is a multi millionaire. Only one wealthier I believe is JYT (?) I mean the man who runs that large agency and just was doing a wonderful appearance at the MMM Awards in HongKong. His tune called 'You're the one'. It's a great number and he has done several versions.He is a great dancer and mover.
thanks, i'll go check out that song :P

anyways,Rain's love life is now out in the open, i think Kim Tae Hee is cute and i wish them the best, i mean, they're not getting any younger, LOL! :P

OFF Topic:
i'm addicted to another korean guy, Jang Geun Suk is a great dancer as well, he makes me laugh when he dance, love his voice, too.. :wub:but more than that, i love him as an actor. it saddens me that he's not doing any more roles that i think will show off his acting skills. i liked him in THE Happy Life and Beethoven Virus, but now he's doing stereotypical roles that i'm starting to hate (for lack of a better word :-) ). i think he shoulld concentrate more on acting rather than doing tours all over asia. i'm beginning to hate the "costumes" that he wears now, and the eye make up, it makes him look like a woman. i miss the Manly Keun Suk that I've watched b4. but still, hoping he'll veer back to being an actor and his OLD self again. :roll