Won Bin

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Apr 2nd, '06, 16:47

Saragorn wrote:I found it adorable when he was speaking Korean in anything. :D
Yes, :D. I love Him too much!!! :wub: Thanks for all those nice pictures :D. He's the most handsome KoreanActor I'vve even seen apart from Dennis O'Neil becuase he's half so yeah :D....!! Sarangheo Oppa! Byasha!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 3rd, '06, 18:59

shiny plastic wrote:Kamui6 can i just mention how much i love your animation <3
Thank you... i guess you mean the avatar of Won Bin. :wub: I can't bring myself to change it but I think i need to update the pics to some of his newer ones.

Your avatar :thumleft: makes me want to do a Autumn tale marathon again. I loved seeing his smile.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 3rd, '06, 19:08

shiny plastic wrote:Won Bin?!!1 *blinks*. Finally someone made a thread for him.

He should never EVER grow his hair out. Looks horrid on him. The clean cut look definately suits him the best.

Why do they use Stage names? *scratches head*

Argh. I must find out more about him. It's hard when you're a fan and you can't freakin understand his interviews. Stupid language barriers *stabs it*. Although I found it so adorable when he was speaking English in Friends :wub:
I love him with short or long hair... short hair seems to make him look younger. I am just not fond of the mustache but don’t matter, I still love him. :wub:

Don't actors, whether it's American, Korean, etc... Usually use names that are catchy and easier for the audience to remember. Something that stands out.

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Apr 3rd, '06, 19:13

i miss him too :wub: and wow ur desktop is awesome kamui6 :)

enkhee

Post by enkhee » Apr 3rd, '06, 19:23

Won Bin with long hair reminds me of Takuya Kimura. seriously.
i prefer the short hair. his baby face looks so much cuter.
thanks for the awesome pictures.

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:22

Kamui6 wrote:
shiny plastic wrote:Won Bin?!!1 *blinks*. Finally someone made a thread for him.

He should never EVER grow his hair out. Looks horrid on him. The clean cut look definately suits him the best.

Argh. I must find out more about him. It's hard when you're a fan and you can't freakin understand his interviews. Stupid language barriers *stabs it*. Although I found it so adorable when he was speaking English in Friends :wub:
I love him with short or long hair... short hair seems to make him look younger. I am just not fond of the mustache but don’t matter, I still love him. :wub:

Don't actors, whether it's American, Korean, etc... Usually use names that are catchy and easier for the audience to remember. Something that stands out.
Ah I see. Although his real name is stil short and is easy to remember.

I don't get why they're trying to pull off the whole long hair look with mustaches. Really ruins it for me. Hopefully when he gets back from the military he'll return back to his clean cut look.

When is the exact date of his return anyways?

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 3rd, '06, 22:56

Kamui6 wrote:
shiny plastic wrote:Kamui6 can i just mention how much i love your animation <3
Thank you... i guess you mean the avatar of Won Bin. :wub: I can't bring myself to change it but I think i need to update the pics to some of his newer ones.

Your avatar :thumleft: makes me want to do a Autumn tale marathon again. I loved seeing his smile.
Lol. Loved his acting skills in Autumn Tale. But man did he look good in "friends". I can't stand the female lead. She couldn't act if her life depended on it :glare: If it wasn't for Won Bin I wouldn't even bother watching it after the first 30 minutes.

blakmetalik

Post by blakmetalik » Apr 4th, '06, 16:28

shiny plastic wrote:Lol. Loved his acting skills in Autumn Tale. But man did he look good in "friends". I can't stand the female lead. She couldn't act if her life depended on it :glare: If it wasn't for Won Bin I wouldn't even bother watching it after the first 30 minutes.
I just watched "Friends" this weekend and discovered Won Bin. I have to agree with you that I hung in there just to watch him and his beautiful smile. :wub:

I could not accept that his character was interested in Fukada Kyoko's. I was like, why is an intelligent, super nice, fine-to-the-bone guy like him falling for her? Maybe I was just jealous. :mrgreen:

Anyway, truthfully, I wasn't much interested in watchking kdramas before, but Won Bin has gotten me to download Autumn Tale. :D

How'd you like to wake up to seeing Won Bin lying next to you, like that pic in Kamui6's wallpaper. *sighs longingly* Oops, don't think my hubby would like that idea. :lol

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Apr 4th, '06, 18:44

shiny plastic wrote:
Lol. Loved his acting skills in Autumn Tale. But man did he look good in "friends". I can't stand the female lead. She couldn't act if her life depended on it :glare: If it wasn't for Won Bin I wouldn't even bother watching it after the first 30 minutes.
oh! i love your avatar! i didnt like friends much either. i thought the main actress wasnt all that great of an actress too :(

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 4th, '06, 19:11

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ ... 6_work.jpg[/img]

Today's wonbin theme for my work desktop kind of went in the gray direction since i am a little down.

Yeah she isn't that good of an actress but the guys mostly liked her since they thought she was cute... some thought she's kind of on the chubby side. :roll In most of her drama's they always have her running, I am not sure why. :scratch:

:wub: Won Bin makes it worth while to watch anything. They could have him sitting in a chair just smiling and i would watch. :wub:

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 4th, '06, 20:36

Lol. I'm pretty sad though, I like know nothing about him. I've searched high and low for interviews but they're all in korean and japanese :cry: Even on his official website

*sigh* what about english people :lol

Anyways, yea the japanese girl was somewhat on the chubby side. Not drastically fat, just cute/chubby. Besides, most fair-skinned asian actresses are chubby so I have no clue why people would make such a big deal out of it.

PLMirage

Post by PLMirage » Apr 5th, '06, 14:53

Can anyone recommend good sites where I can find high quality hq photos of Won Bin? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by PLMirage on Apr 5th, '06, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 5th, '06, 20:44

PLMirage wrote:Can anyone recommend good sites where I can find high quality photos of Won Bin? Thanks in advance!
:glare: There's a magical place called google.

Noobs *shakes head*

PLMirage

Post by PLMirage » Apr 5th, '06, 21:00

shiny plastic wrote:
PLMirage wrote:Can anyone recommend good sites where I can find high quality hq photos of Won Bin? Thanks in advance!

Noobs *shakes head*
No, not exaclty a noob. And not a noob question either. The answer given is more of a noob. I asked for a site that holds all HQ pictures, which includes original film sets and outtakes from photoshoots. Usually the really hardcore fansites would only hold them. Perhaps you should consider that people generally know how to search for items online before you patronize them like that.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 5th, '06, 21:13

PLMirage wrote:
shiny plastic wrote:
PLMirage wrote:Can anyone recommend good sites where I can find high quality hq photos of Won Bin? Thanks in advance!

Noobs *shakes head*
No, not exaclty a noob. And not a noob question either. The answer given is more of a noob. I asked for a site that holds all HQ pictures, which includes original film sets and outtakes from photoshoots. Usually the really hardcore fansites would only hold them. Perhaps you should consider that people generally know how to search for items online before you patronize them like that.
I am about to upload a rar file of all the pics i have of him... interested?
137 MB
659 files :D

PLMirage

Post by PLMirage » Apr 5th, '06, 21:17

Kamui6 wrote: I am about to upload a rar file of all the pics i have of him... interested?
137 MB
Wowww... if it's possible, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :cheers:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 5th, '06, 21:18

PLMirage wrote:
Kamui6 wrote: I am about to upload a rar file of all the pics i have of him... interested?
137 MB
uploading now... I'll pm you the password to http://www.streamload.com/Kamui6/WonBin in ~15mins

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 5th, '06, 21:22

PLMirage wrote:
shiny plastic wrote:

Noobs *shakes head*
My bad. I just get pissed when I see people on this forum with 0-20 posts asking for something then stop posting once they get what they want.

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 5th, '06, 21:23

Kamui6 wrote:
PLMirage wrote:
137 MB
uploading now... I'll pm you the password to http://www.streamload.com/Kamui6/WonBin in ~15mins
:blink *blinks again* Yea Can I get that as well.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 5th, '06, 21:27

shiny plastic wrote:
Kamui6 wrote:

Ah I see. Although his real name is stil short and is easy to remember.

I don't get why they're trying to pull off the whole long hair look with mustaches. Really ruins it for me. Hopefully when he gets back from the military he'll return back to his clean cut look.

When is the exact date of his return anyways?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscripti ... a.2C_South
Korea, South
As of 2004, South Korea has mandatory military service of twenty four months. See: [2].

There are many reported instances of citizens of other countries (United States of America, Canada, etc) being forced to serve in the South Korean military. Under South Korean law, one is considered a citizen if one's name is entered into the Korean Family Census Register, or hojuk. If a male between the ages of 18 and 35 travels to Korea, is in the hojuk, and his presence there is discovered by the Korean government, there is a strong possibility that he will be held there to fulfill his military duty. For more information, see the following and scroll down to the section titled "Special Circumstances: Dual Nationality": [3].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Won_Bin
Won Bin was called into military duty in the South Korean Army in November, 2005. He is currently stationed at the Korean border.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 5th, '06, 21:45

You've got mail. :whistling:

dochira

Post by dochira » Apr 5th, '06, 21:46

Kamui6 wrote:You've got mail. :whistling:
I'm surprised you didn't say, "In my bedroom."

Unless you already have... :lol

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 6th, '06, 00:08

O goodness. :wub: Won Bin is so shy around SHK :lol

Okay. Who here has the full soundtrack to autumn tale? I found a bit off limewire but I can't find the other instrumentals. :x

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 6th, '06, 05:49

shiny plastic wrote:

O goodness. :wub: Won Bin is so shy around SHK :lol

Okay. Who here has the full soundtrack to autumn tale? I found a bit off limewire but I can't find the other instrumentals. :x
:heart: He's shy... he not too fond of the spotlight also.

oh yeah the OST is @ the same link i gave you earlier, just uploaded it. :lol

omg that clip just made me want to watch Autumn tale. It's almost 2 am and i have work @ 8pm and i am inserting the first DVD. :nuts:

:wub:

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 6th, '06, 20:25

Holy crap he has a nice bod. Hopefully he'll be more buff when he returns from the military :wub:

BTW thanks for the OST. I've always thought Autumn tale had one of the best OSTs around.

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » Apr 8th, '06, 04:40

Jang Dong Gun and Won Bin are very close. Once Jang was asked to pick the three most important people in his life he picked Won Bin as one of three.
Attachments
wonbin& jang dong gun.jpg
wonbin& jang dong gun.jpg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 9839 times

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » Apr 8th, '06, 04:50

But it was Kang Dong Won who followed Won Bin to military camp when Won Bin went into the army. (usually g/f or families do that.) The tall guy with a green hat is Kang Dong Won.
Attachments
wonbin & kang dong won.jpg
wonbin & kang dong won.jpg (134.09 KiB) Viewed 9835 times

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 20th, '06, 01:22

shiny plastic wrote:Holy crap he has a nice bod. Hopefully he'll be more buff when he returns from the military :wub:

BTW thanks for the OST. I've always thought Autumn tale had one of the best OSTs around.
Too much isn't good... but nicely toned is. He's got that innocent look. :wub:

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Apr 20th, '06, 04:56

I like the innocent look.

But I also like the ripped look. :D

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Apr 21st, '06, 04:38

I've always preferred a bit of a buff look from him but still keeping his babyface look.

BTW I finally made a new Won Bin set! Woo! :lol I'll probably have to resize it since it's too big on this forum :cry:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 21st, '06, 14:05

shiny plastic wrote:I've always preferred a bit of a buff look from him but still keeping his babyface look.

BTW I finally made a new Won Bin set! Woo! :lol I'll probably have to resize it since it's too big on this forum :cry:
Love the sig... makes me want to make a new one over the weekend.
I'll try to keep it small :whistling:

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » May 10th, '06, 18:34

Just bringing up an old topic. I finally found the SHK/Won Bin wedding fashion show thingy! I'm gonna make an animation to match my new siggy later.

Anywho, anyone here know some good wonbin english speaking forums?
Last edited by shiny plastic on May 13th, '06, 18:43, edited 2 times in total.

yayasz-tsu

Post by yayasz-tsu » May 13th, '06, 11:34

he still go to the military. and his leg is broken b'coz i didn't know. i forgot. but he will have the operation to treat his leg

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » May 13th, '06, 16:49

Yeah, he hurt his knee. Apparently he didn't want to get it checked out beforehand to avoid seeming like he was trying to dodge duty. :(

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » May 13th, '06, 18:43

yayasz-tsu wrote:he still go to the military. and his leg is broken b'coz i didn't know. i forgot. but he will have the operation to treat his leg
OMG. Did they have an article on this? :cry:

yayasz-tsu

Post by yayasz-tsu » May 17th, '06, 12:37

i just read in magazine. but it's ok. dont worry

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 19th, '06, 02:53

Hope he recovers fine... knee injuries can be a ****. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ ... hthboo.jpg[/img]

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 19th, '06, 02:56

poor Won Bin....... :cry: wishing him the best on his recovery~

he'll be back in about another year and a half. :roll

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 7th, '06, 23:38

Actually he was just discharged becuz they said his injury was bad enough to let him go. He's back home now! I hope he recovers well so that he can start making new dramas! AHHH i cant wait to see him act again. He's soo hot. I loved him so much in Autumn's Tale. I was rooting for him from beginning to end. But in the end he didnt get the girl... :cry:

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jun 8th, '06, 01:12

I heard it's still going to take like a year to fully recover from surgery, though. :(

skachild

Post by skachild » Jun 8th, '06, 01:20

Saragorn wrote:I heard it's still going to take like a year to fully recover from surgery, though. :(
wahh... a year.. :O :O
whick part did wonbin break his leg..?? even cisse(liverpool/france player) broke his leg but only need 6 month to recover (he broke his live on live tv) lol.. :-) :-)

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 8th, '06, 01:22

skachild wrote:
Saragorn wrote:I heard it's still going to take like a year to fully recover from surgery, though. :(
wahh... a year.. :O :O
whick part did wonbin break his leg..?? even cisse(liverpool/france player) broke his leg but only need 6 month to recover (he broke his live on live tv) lol.. :-) :-)
I dont know what exact part of his leg but i do know it was his knee that was injured. Soo sad we all miss him! :-(

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jun 8th, '06, 23:21

Yeah, I don't think he "broke" anything, but severely injured his knee. I think. Just go check out his thread on Soompi, I guess.

emykina

Post by emykina » Jun 14th, '06, 16:53

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 16th, '06, 08:51

emykina wrote:http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/ ... 11858.html

guys.. check this out :unsure:
:O I am happy and sad at the same time... I am mean, he's out but it sucks since he's injuried, knee injuries are a ****. :cry:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ ... _09-25.jpg[/img]

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 16th, '06, 08:58

Kamui6 wrote:

:O I am happy and sad at the same time... I am mean, he's out but it sucks since he's injuried, knee injuries are a ****. :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: our poor WonBin~

i know what you mean about being happy and same at the same time.

in the Korean military, if one gets discharged with a medical excuse, would that still be considered dishonorary? :unsure:

rukD2B

Post by rukD2B » Jun 20th, '06, 04:59

BWAHHH!!! THATS SO SAD!! WON BIN!!! i hope he gets better! he's soo cute and lovable!! i miss him alot too...hope he gets well and can come back! HEALING AND GETTING BETTER IS WATS NEEDED! THE REST CAN WAIT!! I HOPE HE GETS BETTER!!

redsexxy

Post by redsexxy » Jun 20th, '06, 16:11

lilswtangel wrote:
Kamui6 wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: our poor WonBin~

i know what you mean about being happy and same at the same time.

in the Korean military, if one gets discharged with a medical excuse, would that still be considered dishonorary? :unsure:
i don't think so...since it's an accident.my elder brother was in the navy stationed in japan & he fall down from the ship's staircase
..he was discharge honorably.

HanulSky

Post by HanulSky » Jul 1st, '06, 06:36

Wonbin was released from the army last I heard. I don't know what he's doing now.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 12th, '06, 16:10

Hope he's chillin and just recovering.

*I would love to chill with him. :wub: :whistling:

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jul 27th, '06, 10:28

Yup, He's out of prison:

Injured Star Discharged from Military Service
[img]http://english.chosun.com/media/photo/n ... 011_00.jpg[/img]
Only a few months after starting his compulsory military service and volunteering to huge publicity for a frontline unit, the actor Won Bin was discharged on Wednesday.

Recently approved for medical discharge due to a rupture of his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), Won filled in his release papers at the military hospital at the unit where he was recovering from a knee operation in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province and emerged at about 9 a.m.

He appeared in white sneakers rather than combat boots. "The fact that I went all the way to the front line to serve may have made my early discharge even more disappointing for the fans," he admitted. "I'd just like to tell all my fellow soldiers that I'm grateful for everything, and I'm sorry."

"I experienced pain in my knee before I joined the Army, but it was ruled that it wouldn't be an impediment to military life. It may have been aggravated by serving in mountainous area," the star explained. Asked why he volunteered for border guard duty despite the pain, he said, "I could have been in the entertainment corps, but I wanted to keep my promise to fans that I would do regular military service."

Asked when he will make his acting comeback, Won said, "There are no plans, currently," and cut off the questions.

Meanwhile, it was the online topic of the day. Internet users were divided. "When he shoots films he's always running and jumping all over the place but now he can't even take two years in the army,” one user wrote on a discussion board. "A discharge is reasonable for people who are ill or can't adjust to military life, but why do stars who look healthy on the outside always have some problem on the inside?” But there was no shortage of posts expressing sympathy for the actor.

"An injury to the ACL makes it impossible to continue with military life even the person wants to,” one of them said. “There are many ordinary people who have been discharged for tearing their ACL, so why does everyone have to go on about Won Bin?"

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/ ... 70011.html

sassy-ladee

Post by sassy-ladee » Aug 1st, '06, 06:41

that's good that he's out from the military....but what's sad is his knee injury..hopefully he recovers..and make new dramas....i miss watching his dramas...he needs to get back on the spotlight...well after he recovers...i'll pray for you won bin...

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 1st, '06, 06:48

Have i mentioned i have a nurse' uniform in my closet. :whistling:

Casker

Post by Casker » Aug 1st, '06, 07:02

It would make sense that it'll take him a year to recover if it's a knee injury.

My friend who had a knee injury took her a year to recover. What happen was that she was walking downstair at her school and some fat staff fell over. While all this happen the fat lady fell on my friend's leg giving her a really bad injury. She had to go through surgery. Wear this HUGE cast that limits her mobility. And even after wearing the cast, she often would get pain in the leg and knee from walking.

I hope he gets better!

tammie1023

Post by tammie1023 » Sep 29th, '06, 00:32

hey everyone.. i am a big won bin fan and i made a fan video of won bin and shk..

if you want to watch, here is the link.. enjoy

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Nov 12th, '06, 05:07

can't wait for his English official website (wonbinus)! :wub:

bean

Post by bean » Nov 13th, '06, 04:05

Oh my god, won bin is handsome, by the way who is kang don won?? :scratch:

The pic posted here is evry nice. I also like him in short hair.... Better looks clean.. :wub:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 2nd, '07, 04:49

:wub: Can't wait for his next project.. I wonder what kind it will be.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Apr 2nd, '07, 05:07

Oh, me too. I hope his leg is treating him well...

alexa18

Post by alexa18 » Apr 5th, '07, 12:58

can somebody seeds his earlier drama. i will appreciate it very much especially its hard sub in english

:lol

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Apr 17th, '07, 13:09

won bin's official website:

http://www.wonbinus.co.kr/english/

kimmy12

Post by kimmy12 » Jun 16th, '07, 04:48

gosh! wonbin is soo hot...i love him!! and i miss wonbin... i hope he will soon be acting again..

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Sep 10th, '07, 16:07

The long wait is over!!!!

oppa Won Bin is BACK!!!! The hottest Korean man!! :wub:

check out his official site for pics & news: http://www.wonbinus.co.kr/english/

kimmy12

Post by kimmy12 » Sep 11th, '07, 04:39

yeah..i heard that wonbin is back! im so excited about this..

ladykrizzy

Post by ladykrizzy » Sep 12th, '07, 11:32

what's his next project?

nozomimaekawa

Post by nozomimaekawa » Sep 14th, '07, 05:04

wooooo go won bin he's so cute so verry verry cute aaaaahhhhh

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Sep 17th, '07, 08:48

cute_angel wrote:The long wait is over!!!!

oppa Won Bin is BACK!!!! The hottest Korean man!! :wub:

check out his official site for pics & news: http://www.wonbinus.co.kr/english/
:glare: you have to pay 25$ to have access to photos and stuff...:/ So if anyone is a member, please tell us what his new project is, and put some new pics here! ONEGAI!!!

I miss him so much...damn!

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 27th, '07, 01:02

enkhee wrote:Won Bin with long hair reminds me of Takuya Kimura. seriously.
i prefer the short hair. his baby face looks so much cuter.
thanks for the awesome pictures.
Yeah.... I agree with you!

And... His face remind me into Kim Jeong Hoon!

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Apr 16th, '08, 21:10

Won Bin's comeback movie -----> Mother

Actress Kim and Won Bin to Star in Bong's Film
2008/04/07
By Chung Ah-young
Staff Reporter

Veteran actress Kim Hye-ja and hallyu star Won Bin will star in a new film directed by Bong Joon-ho, renowned for local blockbuster "The Host".

Titled " Mother ", the film has been cast and shooting will begin this fall, with an early 2009 opening planned.

The plot involves a mother who struggles to clear a false charge against her son, who is involved in a murder case.

Kim will return to the big screen ten years after 1999's "Mayonnaise".

The film marks Won's comeback four years after 2004's "My Brother" and will be his first appearance since being discharged from military service.

Bong is known to be a big fan of Kim, with high praise for her acting, which he thinks touches the hearts of the viewers. Kim has been long dubbed "an ideal type of Korean mother" for focusing on mother roles. Bong has long had his eye on Kim for the role, first expressing his interest in her for it four years ago....

cr: hancinema

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Apr 16th, '08, 22:36

Won Bin oppa is really back! :wub:

-------------
April 14, 2008

Nintendo Launches Action-Packed Wii in Korea

By Cho Jin-seo
Staff Reporter

Actor Won Bin, left, and Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata duel in a virtual tennis match
at the local launch of the Nintendo Wii held at the Grand Hyatt
in central Seoul, Monday. Korea Times Photo by Kim Dong-ho

Nintendo is finally set out to sell its action-packed video game player Wii in South Korea, ending a long wait for gamers here.

The company said Monday that it will release the localized version on April 26 for 220,000 won, targeting Children's Day on May 5. It is a belated introduction to Korea, almost 15 months after its debut in the United States.

Wii is currently the best-selling video game player in the world with more than 20 million sold worldwide until last December. But South Korea and China have been excluded from the hype, as Nintendo worried about rampant software piracy.

'We are very sorry to keep you waiting so long," Satoru Iwata, the CEO and president, during an extravagant press conference held at the Grand Hyatt in central Seoul.

Iwata then surprised the audience by making a long, 90-degree bow _ a rare scene in South Korea where even the most corrupt businessmen hardly admit their faults in public. Iwata and Koda Mineo, chief of Nintendo Korea, each bowed two times during their one-hour presentations.

Though such Japanese-style gestures may look exaggerated to reporters, the two Nintendo men have good reasons to thank their customers here.

The Korean game industry had been dominated by online games that run on personal computers, while video game consoles such as PlayStation of Sony and Xbox of Microsoft were all suffering from poor sales. But Nintendo surprised everyone with its palm-sized game player Nintendo DS, 1.4 million of which have been sold since January 2007.

"I remember that the general sentiment was skeptical when we first launched DS in Korea. But as we all know, it is now played by many customers here, even aged people who were unlikely to play video games before,' said Iwata, who has led Nintendo since 2002.

The Wii is a home video game machine, which has a motion-sensitive remote controller. Using the "Wiimote," gamers can imitate various actions, such as swinging a baseball bat, hurling a bowling ball or pointing a rifle at a target.

Iwata said it may not become as popular as the DS in Korea because people tend to play PC games at home. The delayed local launch also caused many gamers to buy imported Wii consoles at a higher cost.

Another worry is the rampant software piracy. It is unlikely that Wii can beat the horde of online pirates. Even before its official release, many game shops in major electronics stores such as Yongsan and Kukje Electronics Market were selling imported Wii players that have a special chip, which enables it to to run duplicated game CDs.

The company set a 39,000 won price tag each for game, Wii Play and Wii Sports, the two most popular titles.

Consumers should note that the Korean version of Wii won't play game titles bought from other countries, and vice versa.

Credits: indizio@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/bi ... 22447.html"]http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/bi ... 22447.html

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Apr 16th, '08, 22:57

photos :wub:

credit: as labeled

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Apr 16th, '08, 23:08

more photos! :wub:

cr: hankooki

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Apr 16th, '08, 23:13

Credit to hankooki.com

Kamui6