Moon Geun Young vs Liu Yi Fei

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.

Who is a better actress?

Moon Geun Young
58%
Liu Yi Fei
42%

Total votes: 130

azndgn26

Moon Geun Young vs Liu Yi Fei

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 17th, '06, 23:52

I first watched Moon Geun Young in Autumn Tale which she probably filmed when she was around 12-13 years old. I was quite impressed by her acting and I was really impressed by her in My Little Bride & Innocent Steps. When I first watched Liu Yi Fei, it was in Chinese Paladin, and she played the leading female role, which is really impressive. 15 years old and landed on a leading role in a legend series which got quite famous. After that, she still went on carrying leading roles in more legendary series, like woah :O . They both started their acting careers in such big films at such a young age yet they pulled it off leaving a great impression of themsleves afterwards. I've watched them both in many films and they're both great actresses. They're pretty much around the same age and they remind me of each other cuz they both have that young baby face.
So the question is which do u prefer based on their acting skills?

Moon Geun Young
[img]http://xb7.xanga.com/40db44e5d963043031 ... 186204.jpg[/img]
[img]http://x6e.xanga.com/7cab54f65263143031 ... 186203.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xc6.xanga.com/7b2b57e5c903143031 ... 186108.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xb6.xanga.com/5b481b534314843031 ... 186101.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xde.xanga.com/871b55e52823143031 ... 186096.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xdf.xanga.com/badb76e42053343032 ... 186587.jpg[/img]
Moon Geun Young's Series/Movies
Autumn Tale
Lover's Concerto
My Little Bride
A Tale of Two Sisters
Innocent Steps

Crystal Liu Yi Fei
[img]http://xa4.xanga.com/82aa97547603143029 ... 142057.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xc5.xanga.com/7168144b4410843031 ... 186202.jpg[/img]
[img]http://x81.xanga.com/e2cb57e65753143029 ... 185250.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xdc.xanga.com/c77b76e6d333343029 ... 185247.jpg[/img]
[img]http://x03.xanga.com/612b7be6c303243029 ... 185242.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xa4.xanga.com/46bb40ea5613043029 ... 185240.jpg[/img]
Crystal Liu Yi Fei's Series
Story of a Noble Family [Jin Fen Shi Jia]
Chinese Paladin [Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan]
Love of May
The Love Winner
Heavenly Dragon the Eighth Episode 2003 [Tian Long Ba Bu 2003]
Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 [Shen Diao Xia Lv 2006]
Last edited by azndgn26 on Mar 18th, '06, 19:04, edited 3 times in total.

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Mar 18th, '06, 00:09

What's going on with all these vs threads? No offense but they're getting out of hand.

I haven't seen LYF in action so I don't know about acting, but she's definitely prettier. MGY is not even pretty. :P

dogujenny

Moon Geun Young

Post by dogujenny » Mar 18th, '06, 00:13

Moon Geun Young all the way
I like her a lot.

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Mar 18th, '06, 00:21

lol, what are you talking about Ssang? Moon Geun Young is EXTREMELY PRETTY.

BUT Liu Yi Fei is just picture perfect, she is just way too pretty in the whole martial arts get-up. The Moment you see her it's like...wow. Seriously, she's like an angel. And her smile is just @_@ , well let's just say it'd give Lee Hyo-Ri's smile a run for its money.

Acting-wise i'd definitely say Moon Geun Young is better, but Liu Yi Fei is just too pretty on camera. Since they're both pretty i'd say acting should be the main factor but come on...Liu Yi Fei is just @_@ well for me she wins on beauty alone.

jthuya

Post by jthuya » Mar 18th, '06, 00:32

I like LYF better. 8)

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Mar 18th, '06, 01:14

jthuya wrote:I like LYF better. 8)
I agree too in terms of looks but don't know about the face... :D.

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 18th, '06, 08:30

i watch most of LYF drama.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i only watch MGY in autumn tale... no other drama yet...!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
but MGY definitely pretty :wub: :wub:
but still, i will vote againts her :P :P
coz her opponent is LYF hehe :roll :roll

dan99

Re: Moon Geun Young vs Liu Yi Fei

Post by dan99 » Mar 18th, '06, 18:04

[quote="azndgn26"]I first watched Moon Geun Young in Autumn Tale which she probably filmed when she was around 12-13 years old. I was quite impressed by her acting and I was really impressed by her in My Little Bride & Innocent Steps. When I first watched Liu Yi Fei, it was in Chinese Paladin, and she played the leading female role, which is really impressive. 15 years old and landed on a leading role in a legend series which got quite famous. After that, she still went on carrying leading roles in more legendary series, like woah :O . They both started their acting careers in such big films at such a young age yet they pulled it off leaving a great impression of themsleves afterwards. I've watched them both in many films and they're both great actresses. They're pretty much around the same age and they remind me of each other cuz they both have that young baby face.
So the question is which do u prefer based on their acting skills?

Actually, you're missing LYF's first series called 金粉世家(don't know the english title) done at the age of 14, fresh from the US with zero acting experience/training. Basically picked off the streets if you will and thrown into this industry. Note, she was also not the main female lead, just a major supporting character.

here's a pic, if it works.

as for MGY.. loved her in many of her works.. in fact, one of the reasons Autumn was so well received was due to her.. you could say she practically made SHK.. as all the feelings for the character transferred from her to the older version... sadly, everyone will only remember SHK for Autumn more then they'll remember MGY.
Attachments
0147.jpg
0147.jpg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 7224 times

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 18th, '06, 18:12

yeah dan99.. :thumright: :thumright:
there are some discussion about this drama even have pic in it at Crystal Liu Yi Fei... thread.. so check it out.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dan99

Post by dan99 » Mar 18th, '06, 18:22

skachild wrote:yeah dan99.. :thumright: :thumright:
there are some discussion about this drama even have pic in it at Crystal Liu Yi Fei... thread.. so check it out.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ah, didn't know.. I was just bored and browsing threads really.. I've seen the series. I didn't like it though, not because of the cast or anything.. it was simply cause I disliked the era it played out in.. so I couldn't really get into the story at all due to that reason.

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 18th, '06, 18:27

dan99 wrote:
skachild wrote:yeah dan99.. :thumright: :thumright:
ah, didn't know.. I was just bored and browsing threads really.. I've seen the series. I didn't like it though, not because of the cast or anything.. it was simply cause I disliked the era it played out in.. so I couldn't really get into the story at all due to that reason.
its ok.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
just to let ur know hehe.... :P :P
never watch that drama bfore... don think i will watch it in the future 8) 8)
coz LYF definitely will act in more drama in the future.... :thumright: :thumright:

azndgn26

Re: Moon Geun Young vs Liu Yi Fei

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 18th, '06, 18:47

dan99 wrote:Actually, you're missing LYF's first series called 金粉世家(don't know the english title) done at the age of 14, fresh from the US with zero acting experience/training. Basically picked off the streets if you will and thrown into this industry. Note, she was also not the main female lead, just a major supporting character.
thx fer the info I never knew...

dan99

Post by dan99 » Mar 21st, '06, 01:06

actually.. now that I think about it.. there was another one called 豆蔻年华, I don't know exactly when she did it, but the the role was so minor that it can be considered more of a cameo then an actual role.
Attachments
bkys504145.jpg
bkys504145.jpg (136.68 KiB) Viewed 7168 times

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jho » Mar 21st, '06, 01:10

I know this is about acting, but I've only seen MGY act and not LYF, so.. I'll jus be commenting on their looks.

I really don't understand why some ppl thiknk MGY is pretty O_____O I mean.. she's baby cute, but pretty? O_________________O

who90210

Post by who90210 » Mar 21st, '06, 15:10

err.. this is kinda no brainer.. LYF has total package and beauty of course. my personal opinion, I dun think MGY is pretty.. sorry :)

huangziwei

Post by huangziwei » Mar 21st, '06, 15:28

same goes here

( no offence to mg fans)

KLCB

Post by KLCB » Apr 5th, '06, 16:43

I'll go for Crystal Liu Fei Yi! :wub:

octane

Post by octane » Apr 7th, '06, 21:24

dan99 wrote:actually.. now that I think about it.. there was another one called 豆蔻年华, I don't know exactly when she did it, but the the role was so minor that it can be considered more of a cameo then an actual role.
this is production from the acting school that LYF in..
many artists from that school are guest stars for the show,
LYF was one of them,
she was an office asistant, something like that...

mzheng0402

Post by mzheng0402 » Apr 18th, '06, 20:28

even though i dont think MGY is very pretty, i still think she's prettier than LYF!

YangYu

Post by YangYu » Jul 29th, '06, 09:12

LYF is very pretty....why compete her with other who can't win against her???@_@

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Aug 1st, '06, 14:29

I don't think it only asks for beauty but acting too because the poll ask "who's better?"

J1N

Post by J1N » Aug 1st, '06, 14:59

Sunshine_36 wrote:I don't think it only asks for beauty but acting too because the poll ask "who's better?"
LOL. I KNOW, HUH?
it's funny because a lot of people are superficial and tend to judge celebrities by their looks. it's not a bad and definitely not a good thing, but it just happens =_=;

ehh... i wouldn't say that. she's not drop-dead gorgeous, but she's still pretty in her own way. she's a good actress, too. i haven't seen LYF, so i'm going undecided. what's the point in voting if you can't answer the question?

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Aug 1st, '06, 15:06

LIU YI FEI ALL THE WAY!!

luckysmile20
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by luckysmile20 » Aug 1st, '06, 15:40

Oops... I didn't read carefully before voting...
I thought its a look vs look thingy... and immediately I vote for Liu Yi Fei...

I think she's a beautiful lady, more than MGY....

But, If I were to read first before voting, I will vote for MGY instead... because the OP is asking for who acts better and imo, MGY acting skills is better than LYF...

I have watched LYF in Chinese Paladin and Condor Heroes.
her acting is bad in Chinese Paladin, I find her annoying there, don't know if its her lack in acting skills or thats what the director wants her to act... I just find her anoying there.
But I love her in Condor Heroes, her acting skills has definitely improved but still lose to MGY....
I dunno why.. just felt something is missing in her character... but acting skill can be matured, further more, she's still young... no offence to LYF fans..
I do find her very pretty though... the most beautiful actress in mainland China imo....

For MGY, first see her acting in Autumn, then in Little Bride and another movie about dancing, forgot the title. Superb acting skills... love her as well.... ^o^

Each has their own uniqueness.... ^o^

Btw, OP, why need to compare these 2?

vietchic

Post by vietchic » Sep 6th, '06, 16:33

I will definitely have to pick MGY!! She is a way better actress than LYF! I believe MGY stands out more than LYF. I will have to admit that LYF is pretty but MGY is pretty as well...she is in no way ugly! I love that she has an innocence about her that LYF does not have.

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Sep 6th, '06, 17:02

YangYu wrote:LYF is very pretty....why compete her with other who can't win against her???@_@
Haha.. i agree with you too much to not say anything. LYF might not be the best new actress, but she's definitely a hot one. MGY was abit annoying in Autumn Fairy Tale, and she still has the kiddy look everytime I look at her, whereas LYF can look sexy whenever she wants. (MGY beats LYF in acting at this point hands down, but I'll be the judge of that later on.)

LYF's debut album isn't so bad either. She's got lots of room for improvements there.
Last edited by crossvii on Sep 6th, '06, 17:08, edited 2 times in total.

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Sep 6th, '06, 17:06

vietchic wrote:I will definitely have to pick MGY!! I love that she has an innocence about her that LYF does not have.
Are you kidding? That's because MGY still looks like a kid.

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Sep 6th, '06, 17:14

i have to go for MYG as well :lol

Fantasio

Post by Fantasio » Sep 6th, '06, 17:49

Liu Yi Fei is prettier

CallaLillieszz

Post by CallaLillieszz » Sep 7th, '06, 04:17

Horizon wrote:lol, what are you talking about Ssang? Moon Geun Young is EXTREMELY PRETTY.

BUT Liu Yi Fei is just picture perfect, she is just way too pretty in the whole martial arts get-up. The Moment you see her it's like...wow. Seriously, she's like an angel. And her smile is just @_@ , well let's just say it'd give Lee Hyo-Ri's smile a run for its money.

Acting-wise i'd definitely say Moon Geun Young is better, but Liu Yi Fei is just too pretty on camera. Since they're both pretty i'd say acting should be the main factor but come on...Liu Yi Fei is just @_@ well for me she wins on beauty alone.
hahah...What too pretty to be on screen? then what should she be on? in heaven with the gods???...u guys crack me up...

what she's too pretty that she's gonna crack the cameras or something? hahahah
everyone acts like LYF is the only actress with beauty...there are way more beautiful actresses who possess both talents and beauty...and yet they don't get any praises for it..

i find it quite intriquing..that LYF a former graduate from acting school still sucks at acting...yea sure she's young...but everyone who was train from school and still couldn't act isn't an excuse for me...

MYG on the other hand is not as pretty but she's cute..and talented...and i admire her for that...nothing beats talents..

_monique_

geunyoung!

Post by _monique_ » Sep 11th, '06, 08:46

although Liu Yi Fei got the prettier face, i still vote for Moon Geun Young. I also first saw her in Gaenghul Donghwa, and err. She was 14 when she played that role. I really idolize geunyoung onni. :lol

_monique_

Post by _monique_ » Sep 11th, '06, 08:50

hahah...What too pretty to be on screen? then what should she be on? in heaven with the gods???...u guys crack me up...

what she's too pretty that she's gonna crack the cameras or something? hahahah
everyone acts like LYF is the only actress with beauty...there are way more beautiful actresses who possess both talents and beauty...and yet they don't get any praises for it..

i find it quite intriquing..that LYF a former graduate from acting school still sucks at acting...yea sure she's young...but everyone who was train from school and still couldn't act isn't an excuse for me...

MYG on the other hand is not as pretty but she's cute..and talented...and i admire her for that...nothing beats talents..[/quote]

i ABSOLUTELY agree. :D

homeboi19

Post by homeboi19 » Sep 15th, '06, 13:31

:cheers: I voted in favor of MYG... it's kind of bias in my part coz I havent see any dramas and movies of LYF yet....although, MYG is really talented!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 16th, '06, 01:24

LYFis way prettier - i'm sure most would agree, but MYG has a lot of talent. I really admired her performances in Autumn Tale and Tale of Two Sisters.

bean

Post by bean » Oct 21st, '06, 18:13

wah, for me lyf is very talented, plus she was too pretty like what the previous post mention. If you have been watch her movie, you will definetely say she was talented plus elegent..
Come on, the other actress not pretty at all, k? She just cute, i can say.... If you want me to make choice, i definetely choose lyf because she really have her own stail to catch ppl attention.. OMG hope that i can meet girl as pretty as her...
:salut:

huiqiao

Post by huiqiao » Dec 4th, '06, 07:02

I PERSONALLY THINK lyf IS JUST OVERRATED BY OTHERS WITH WHAT THEY CALL HER "BEAUTY" WHICH I REALLY CAN'T FIND...I FIND SOMETHING ANNOYING BOUT HER AND SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE THAT FRIENDLY AT ALL...YES---NOT EVEN TO HER FANS, I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I MUST FIND OUT...I DON'T EXACTLY FIND HER GORGEOUS, JUST A LITTLE PRETTY MAYBE...AND MOST DEFINITELY NOT A GOOD ACTRESS AS WELL ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU COMPARE HER TO TAIWANESE ACTRESS ARIEL LIN...THAT'S HER, MEANWHILE Moon Geun Young IS AN ACTING-BASED POPULAR CELEB... I DO HOPE YOU GET WHAT I MEAN AND IN KOREA, MOST PEOPLE FIND HER REALLY BEAUTIFUL BUT FOR ME SHE'S CUTE AND HER BODY HAS DVELOPED INOT A MORE VOLUPTUOUS ONE COMPARED TO liu yi fei's ANOREXIC-LOOKING BODYAND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE UNDER THE NORMAL WEIGHT...I'M SORRY BUT MY EYES WON'T LIE TO ME...lyf IS PURE MAKEUP AND STUFF, MOST OF ALL SHE LOOKS TOO OLD FOR HER 'SUPPOSED AGE"...ACTING ISN'T VERY VERSATILE ENOUGH TOO,SHE JUST PLAYS ANCIENT SERIES WHICH I THINK YOU COULD PUT ANY POPULAR DOLL FROM THE STORE AT THE MOMENT, DRESS IT UP IN ANCIENT CLOTHING AND MAKE IT STAND THERE--THAT IS THE KIND OF ACTING SHE DOES, YOU SEE???..I KNOW I'D GET TOTALLY BASHED BY lyf fans BUT REALLY, WHEN YOU CHOOSE AN IDOL OR VOTE FOR ANYONE IN POLLS LIIKE THIS, YOU SHOULD ALLL BE CAREFUL... AND TO TELL YOU HONESTLY, I'M NOT AT ALL A FAN OF EITHER OF THEM...THIS IS JUST A PURE REACTION...

PS..
I KNEW VERY WELL WHY THESE TWO DIFFERENT CELEBS ARE BEING COMPARED...ITS BECAUSE OF THEIR YOUNG AGE AS WELL AS THEIR HUGE & QUITE SIMILAR RANGE OF POPULARITY..

SO THERE...

greenenvy

Post by greenenvy » Dec 7th, '06, 00:53

definitely mgy. not only is she pretty but she's got skills and talent and knows how to act.

sure, lyf is prettier but seriously, you can only look at a pretty girl for so long. it DOES get boring when their actingl is only nominal.

xjamestar

Post by xjamestar » Dec 7th, '06, 01:03

liu yi fei !!

xAznGurl

Post by xAznGurl » Dec 30th, '06, 19:50

i picked Moon Geun Young because i've seen her in more movies than Liu Yi Fei but Liu Yi Fei is more prettier. and im not saying that Moon Geun Young is ugly but i must agree that her smile is more real than Liu Yi Fei.=D

arabian

Post by arabian » Dec 30th, '06, 19:55

I prefer Moon Geun Young i found her acting skills is better & i even love her acting specially in the movies..

fonfinha

Post by fonfinha » Aug 25th, '08, 18:42

i picked korea's little ister>>MGY!!!
both are pretty,,
both are popular at their respected countries..
but MGY acting blew me away,from autumn in my heart to her last movie love me not.. :cheers:

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 25th, '08, 19:08

for me MGY is just talented! her choice of roles is so variety... :)

i love her in autumn tale, innocent steps and love me not... i like her in a tale of two sisters also... and she will have this upcoming The Painter of the Wind drama, she'll act as a talented painter who disguises herself as a boy! :thumright:

ximeizhi

Post by ximeizhi » Nov 3rd, '08, 12:28

of course LYF lots of her drama and movies she got the leading role especially FK w/ jackie chan and jet li and take note FK is a Hollywood film... and lots of commercial..

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Nov 10th, '08, 14:00

crystal liu all the way...

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Nov 10th, '08, 14:13

YiFei for me too. :thumright:

I might be bias cos I don't know who the other actress is since I don't watch korean dramas. I like Yifei and couldn't give a damn if others told crap stuffs about her LOL I am a fan from the first day I saw her as Xiao Long Nu on TROCH 06.

Moonliuer25

Post by Moonliuer25 » Mar 31st, '11, 08:05

I'm addicted fan of liu yifei since 13 and i'm now 18.
But I prefer to vote moon geun young..rather than yifei.

moon geun young is a great actress
when she act you will see different emotion.
and when shes happy her eyes suddenly
twinkle...
for yifei she is also a good actress
her act is more on being innocent woman.being
serious and simply..unlike moon
she was more on crying,happy and most of all
i like about her is her way of being stubborn...

but always remember korean movie/series is diff. in chinese

bellawu

i prefer crystal

Post by bellawu » Mar 19th, '12, 18:17

for natural beauty i prefer crystal,she have the look and also talented,is aint easy to play classic series such return of the confdor heroes,shes still young when play on return of the condors heroes,mean while her partner huang xiao ming is older than her,but she can act and play profesional......she also do the martial art,she play different character on her movie,and what amaze me she can acting so profesional with jacky chan and jet li on international movie forbidden kingdom.....she dont stop improving her act skill,remembering she so young and can go international......its because her act,not only her beautiful face...... :D :thumright: :thumleft:

bellawu

Post by bellawu » Mar 19th, '12, 18:22

in other hand miss geun young also talented,is her passion since her was little,all of her drama and movie (except marry stay out all night) very good.......why i said except mmm,so sorry to said this,her acting on those drama failed,and not suit to her.....as mary she doesnt explore much,flat and no emotion on it......well over all im neutral,and trying observe all the posting in here...

bellawu

vietchic wrote: I will definitely have to pick MGY!! I love

Post by bellawu » Mar 20th, '12, 02:28

hmmmmmmm....miss crystal also have the innocence face,she so cute in any kind of role,and most important is in young age she can go international,that was mgy cant do untill now......even mgy carier is drop now,no news from her acept bad news......no offense here but,for some comment that make mgy like the only one actress who can acting,they forget bout one thing shes career stuck only on korea.....comparing with young actress on korea mgy is far away from them,,,,,so sorry giving this fact,but that what happen on the reallity........she also have arrogant personality,rejected drama series moon embracing the sun just because the lead man not famous,,,,,i think she will regret it now,cuz moon embracing the son have spectacular rate on korea and out of korea......good actress will respect other new comer,and having nice personality......her agent is to busy clarification bout her bad news,and for mgy her self dunno what shes doing now,catch up the failed graduation i think LOL....

bellawu

Post by bellawu » Mar 20th, '12, 02:36

try watching marry stayed out all night,her acting very flat,and she even got bad opinion from drama critics,she doesn't suit play as marry.....and the rate is going down,so it can take the point,not all her drama is good and not drama she can act good.......she only suit play sad drama,that her skill......

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 20th, '12, 05:53

I can never understand the reason behind creating such threads that has no outcome but causing hatred between two sides fans. I know this thread was created years back and I used to see lots of comparison topics back then and not much these day but I also feel that we should let them die out and buried and don't dig them out again.

bellawu

issy

Post by bellawu » Mar 20th, '12, 06:13

i just read this thread monday,decided to make account and leave comment after reading all the comment,i can say that most peoples here are mgy fans.......trying to be neutral,and giving fact bout mgy recent news......like i said she surely can acting,but only for sad drama,it prove when she play as marry she failed......what im trying to say here,be open minded........beside mgy korean actreess also good in act,but i can see every thread,and talk bout mgy comparing with other the fans will said of course mgy is the best bla bla bla........thats why i always say to my self hello not only mgy who can act....... thats it my opinion....

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 20th, '12, 08:45

I have nothing against your personal opinion as you are totally entitled to have them and I am not MGY fan (total apposite to be precise) so I am not defending her. But as I said these type of comparison threads has no constructive out come and only makes fans dislike each other for no reason. If you ask me I say lock every X vs Y thread on DA.