So Ji Sub

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 1st, '10, 23:59

Yes, there is, I had to merge, forgive me^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 2nd, '10, 01:44

Ah so sorry Ethlenn..did not do a thorough search for his thread. Love these pics here.

Yes it is unusual for a Korean actor to have a road named after him. In fact he is the first.
It is to do with his work for the Korean Tourist people or whatever they are called. He wrote a book recently with pics of Korea and his travels in the Kwangdo region.

He seems to be very motivated to show what Korea is like, and in the past has said he would like to run a large hotel. If he does it will probably be a large chain thoughout Korea I would think.

Right now I think he has found a very large niche in acting, which he really loves and in which he excels.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 08:36

Pictures from baidu taken Oct. 31 on his birthday party.
And one funny gif:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 7th, '10, 09:38

Haha I saw those...and got angry at that hat...Can't see his eyes at all :lol

I'll upload U-Turn for a belated b-day celebration. This mini series made me laugh and cry with him like no proper drama has. . . Enjoy^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 09:50

That was a good few minutes with him. Ah the yelling!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 7th, '10, 13:24

Hehe I wonder what it is about Korean guy, but I do like them yelling at women! Especially when they become all soft afterwards :P

I wonder if it's only in drama that the more they yell, the more feelings they got for the lady??

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 14:11

I think in this way they conceal their true feelings. Maybe to not to look like a softie?
But he was yelling about the food, and this was the cutest moment, when she was sitting at the police station... I almost died of pleasu... umm... fun.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 7th, '10, 16:56

He didn't arrive wearing that hat. It was a gift from a fan and he immediately put it on.

He may not stay for the whole party but he gives his all while he is there.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 7th, '10, 17:14

I see. nice of him to put it on. He sure knows to care for his fans^^

Seeing U-Turn got me all excited about him for the last couple of days...He's really dangerous for me. I can't concentrate on anything else at all ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 17:26

Peggy - The Walking Encyclopaedia of So Jisub :wub:

Oh, Ara, this is a pleasant "I can't concentrate". Compare this to the horror Aili gave us. I couldn't concentrate then either.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 14th, '10, 19:31

Just read that So Ji Sub has signed with a new agency in Japan and he is the highest paid Korean Hallyu artist so far in Japan.. I hope they will let him get on with his acting. I would hate it if he just became like BYJ and did nothing but make money with commercials and sponsors for business purpose. I don't think he would like doing that so I hope for more films and dramas.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 14th, '10, 19:45

Yes, I read that news, too. But I think they wanna concentrate on acting. Since he's already acted in Japanese productions. As long as they don't try to make him a singer . . . I'm fine with more exposure in Japan. At least I can read the interviews then :P
Hwaiting So jisub!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 14th, '10, 20:10

Hmm... more dramas, yes, not the japanese ones though. Please.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 15th, '10, 05:10

Well he has done Japanese and Chinese drama/film but he doesn't speak either language. I don't think he will concentrate on them too much. I certainly hope he will go back to Korea and that is where he lives and that means working there when it comes to dramas or films I think. I certainly hope anyway.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '10, 15:55

Just have a quick question - why Jisub is on the cover for Seo Inguk's single "Take"? This is a Korean remake of A-Ha's "Take on Me". Is he in MV?
See for yourself.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 25th, '10, 16:18

Maybe cause he'll be in the MV. They probably wanna exploit his popularity to push the sales...
Here's a teaser for the MV.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '10, 16:30

But why this song?? Seo Inguk has a good voice, I love his first single still. Jisub is Jisub, why this song?? Why the same concept?? WHY??

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 25th, '10, 16:32

I wonder, too!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 28th, '10, 01:19

So Ji Sub loves hip hop and rapping. He often does a rap on some other singers recording. He is totally his own person and when he drinks he will dance and rap and do the hiphop thing and then go home. does not need lots of people to enjoy himself in music.

littlesev

Post by littlesev » Mar 31st, '11, 13:58

Wonders why there are no more posts in this thread. I think he's first a very talented actor and with that face and shoulder... :whistling: Of course, you know he works hard at it. I remembered seeing him in a drama called Model back when he was just playing minor roles and didn't think much of it.

I love his tortured portrayal in dramas. Road no 1 is kind of a let down though and I hope he acts more in well-scripted dramas, preferably with an ending where his character doesn't die.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 4th, '11, 21:32

Jisub is confirmed for another movie, The Salary Man, after the one about the boxer and the blind woman...this time he'll be a contract killer trying to get out of the business for a woman...slap me, but how come this plot sounds even worse than the first?!?

Oh well, hoping for some nice men in the cast and some tough fighting :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '11, 20:40

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 6th, '11, 03:02

I admire Jisub so much and have really enjoyed all his earlier works. Now I am getting slightly put off with the choices of role being made. they are mostly dark and heavy and as people say He always dies in the end: It is time Jisub accepted his charm and sexy chemistry and played a romantic role which is also a comedy to some extent. Until he does a comedy I will not say he is an all around actor.
Drama and heavy characters can be very stimulating for an actor but they gradually begin to weigh heavily on an audience who began seeing roles that were charming and somewhat satisfying in love scenes. Time to go back and find a good leading lady who knows how to appreciate being kissed by Jisub. It's time I say!!!

fatemeh_31358
Deactivated

Post by fatemeh_31358 » Oct 14th, '11, 20:43

His eyes gives him the ability to play all sort of characters. They can be fierce or lovely as need be. One Good actor indeed!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 5th, '12, 07:14

Well the drama 'GHOST' may not quite hook me in and I am a little disappointed with Jisub and his choice of drama. It is not pleasant so far and it is boring because of the emphasis on the cyber details being pushed at us. Choi Daniel entered and left so quickly that I wondered why he accepted the role. He was a ray of sunshine.

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Apr 22nd, '13, 21:24

So I thought I would bring this back.
Recently watched 'Always Only You' after waiting a long time.
My goodness :O
THe emotions in this movie is unbelievable. His eyes *faints*
Even the emotion in the movie poster.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 21st, '13, 18:12

The Chinese film 'Sophie's Revenge' is being played and repeated over the recent few days. I would really like to know why Ji Sub was in this film. He does not truly speak Mandarin and he does not have a strong role. He just pops in and out of a scene here and there. If the role did not exist Ji Sub would not be missed at all.

Did he get paid for doing this or was it just a little joke for him? Just WHY?

kototama

Post by kototama » Oct 29th, '14, 18:44

This thread is dead? :-) Anyone watched his drama Master's sun? I liked him in this drama...he looks really sweet there...but I hope he will soon choose a new one and a good one!

kototama

Post by kototama » Oct 29th, '14, 18:44

This thread is dead? :-) Anyone watched his drama Master's sun? I liked him in this drama...he looks really sweet there...but I hope he will soon choose a new one and a good one!