How many language do you speak?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
arabian

How many language do you speak?

Postby arabian » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:06 pm

I speak two language it's Arabic ..
My seconed language is English..

So tell us what language do you speak?? :lol
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

wakaba

Postby wakaba » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Well, to start with, Finnish is my mother tongue.

I began to study English when I was 9, German when I was 11 and Swedish at the age of 13. Also, began to take Japanese classes last fall and advance to the second course this spring. That's just basics, but I'm learning more all the time!

That makes it... five!

Catt101

Postby Catt101 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:23 pm

for me its english and asl(american sign language)

Zururatu

Postby Zururatu » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:36 pm

Native english speaker. I also speak french but could use some refreshing in it. I have also studied Japanese for two years.
Shinbun wo tabemashitaka?

Catt101

Postby Catt101 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:37 pm

what would you say is the easiest to learn?

Mada

Postby Mada » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:41 pm

First language: polish, second: english, third: japanese. :D I'd say all of them quite fluent. :) Polish is the hardest one to learn IMO!

Zururatu

Postby Zururatu » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:46 pm

Catt101 wrote:what would you say is the easiest to learn?

My personal opinion is that Japanese is easier to tackle once you have another language down. For me it was easier for pronounciation because i found there was a lot of similarities between french and Japanese pronounciations, especially the "r" sound, although slightly different, they both involve rolling the sound with your tongue, if you've never done this before it's hard to get.

As for learning french, I started when I was 6 so it's hard to remember a lot of the specific details, but I do know that it was a lot easier having already known english,(obviously haha) because both languages come from latin originally, and you can see a lot of the similarities in english words to french words sometimes, it made memorising a lot easier.
Shinbun wo tabemashitaka?

Kempo

Postby Kempo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:58 pm

First: French than English then Spanish

arabian

Postby arabian » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:04 pm

It seem that you know more than two lanaguage it's nice thing to know to speak different langauge..
I hope to learn korean, japanese and spanish those three language i prefer to know..

minorinhu

Postby minorinhu » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:38 pm

mother tongue is portuguese, which can be quite difficult for non-portuguese or brazilian people, I think .. xD

then as my parents are japanese they made me start studying japanese when I was around 6~8 years old, I don't remember.. studied japanese about 5 years or 6 but at that time I was so lazy and didn't care much about japanese. Suddenly my mind changed and I became very interested about Japan, so last year I started studying japanese again, but this time the decision was mine. :P

finally, english of course. But due to lack of practice (don't go to english course anymore) my pronunciation, vocabullary and talking skills are becoming worse >_<

dragon35fire90

Postby dragon35fire90 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:00 pm

My mother tongue is mandarin, and i started learning english when i was like, 5. i took, like, a year of french, then only did my best to pass, because it was a pass/fail required course xD. i started learning japanese a couple of months ago, too.
Hello. I''''m doci xD
My Xangerrrrrrrrrr

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby 8thSin » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:32 pm

People always tells me they can speak many languages, but in fact, they can barely speak or understand more than 2... Seriously, couple of years of foreign languange classes in high school or college is a joke. I had couple of people in 3rd year Japanese class talk to me in Japanese, and they were pathetic, their vocabulary was probably worse than an average 3rd grader in Japan.

Anyways, I speak 3 languages.
I was born in China, but my Mandarin is worst of 3, I can speak enough for everyday life, and understand like 50% of movies.
Japanese is better, I lived in Japan for 6 years and continue to watch Japanese TV, read Japanese websites etc.
My English is best, but I think I still have a noticeable accent when speaking.

Took 2 years of French, but I don't remember any of it, required course in high school.

angel_no.520

Postby angel_no.520 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:19 pm

My first language would be Swedish, were I spent most of my life.
I learned English when I was 9 at third grade.
I took French-classes 5-6 years, but I have forgotten most of the words...
My parents are from China. They tried to teach me mandarin when I was little, but most my learning comes from all the dramas and talkshows that was on TV.

Does different kind of dialects counts as languages?
If that so.... I can also speak Shanghai-dialect, alittle Cantonese and 10% Ningbo-dialect.

_iris
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby _iris » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:36 pm

8thSin wrote:People always tells me they can speak many languages, but in fact, they can barely speak or understand more than 2... Seriously, couple of years of foreign languange classes in high school or college is a joke. I had couple of people in 3rd year Japanese class talk to me in Japanese, and they were pathetic, their vocabulary was probably worse than an average 3rd grader in Japan.,

Eh, I agree. Learning a language in a school/uni: >.< I think the definition of "speaking multiple languages" should be that you can at least understand at least 50% of the language/s. After doing some Japanese in high school, all I can do is pick up little words from dramas/anime, and I rely on mandarin a little to hear the similar sounding words.The best way to learn any language is to live in a country that speaks it :lol:

gummonster

Postby gummonster » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:46 pm

Well, my first language is VIETNAMESE, then ENGLISH, yep just 2 but i hoping to learn FRENCH, man i'm totally in love with anything that do with France, then i also like to learn Japanese, way cool, and maybe Korean

arabian

Postby arabian » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:05 pm

[quote="8thSin"]People always tells me they can speak many languages, but in fact, they can barely speak or understand more than 2... Seriously, couple of years of foreign languange classes in high school or college is a joke. I had couple of people in 3rd year Japanese class talk to me in Japanese, and they were pathetic, their vocabulary was probably worse than an average 3rd grader in Japan.
quote]

That's wright cuz my english get better when i began to speak & hear people speak English also by watching american series with out arabic sub..
But the most hard was last summer when i went to thailand the one language that i can speak with them was English & i was with my parents & they can only speak Arabic so i take the responsability to talk in English & translate to them, and day by day i get used & i speak better now..

kya^^

Postby kya^^ » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:25 pm

I think that the best way to learn a language is to live in the country where they speak it. I study foreign languages at the University but I learned more while living in England (one year) & Spain (for a few months).
Anyway, I can speak fluently in Italian (mother language), English & Spanish. But Spanish & Italian are so similar that sometimes I get them mixed up... I can understand French and I know a little German and Japanese (my brother lived there). Now I'd love to learn Korean! :wub:

sophie1320

Postby sophie1320 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:37 pm

Well, cantonese is my mother's tongue, because I AM chinese.. (But I can't read or write that much.. >.<) And I can sometimes understand what ppl are saying in mandarine cause it is quite similar to cantonese.
And then english is my strongest, because I speak english at school (so I can read write, speak and understand it). T
hen I had to take french for a couple of years since it's madatory in Canada. So I can understand a little, but I can use some refreshing.
I'm currently still learning Japanese, so I can understand some basic BASIC sentences.
And finally, I know a couple of words in Korean (but they're like simple words like water, I love you, hello... etc..) Erm..and I know how to say hello in Malaysian, and Thai. :lol

nishi_chan

Postby nishi_chan » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:23 pm

Well, my mother languages are Spanish and Catalan. My third language is English (although my pronunciation it's... >___<). I have a little idea of French and Italian, too, because they are enough similar to my mother language ^-^
And now, at university I'm learning Portuguese, Japanese and Korean, and I can understand them quite good n___n
[Sometimes I don't know which language I'm using ;___; ]

non-angelical

Postby non-angelical » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 pm

Well, my mother tongue is Indonesian.

And then come English (been using it since 9 y.o)

French, since I studied in Paris. And German, since I'm studying in Germany now.

Formally, I'm taking Chinese now. And so far...I guess German is the hardest (though writing in chinese could be complicated too).

That's the language I speak. 5. I could understand some Japanese and Korean, but not able to fluently speak it tho.

DarknessSprite

Postby DarknessSprite » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:00 am

you can't blame most people for their horrible japanese or w/e, most learn in school and such. Like French for example, they make Canadians learn it all the way from grade 4 to 9 and at the end, i can speak as much as i can imitate a bird. :P

As for the languages i speak...manderian is my native, i'm okay with speaking, though i can't write, but i can read some... my japanese sucks, but i know enough to communicate with ma grandma, can't write or read it though..lolz. english is my third and best language, and i also know some forced franch, but that don't really count...

KaoruX

Postby KaoruX » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:12 am

My native tongues are Tagalog and Ilocano (a major Filipino dialect). I learned English through ESL in the U.S. when I was 6. I took 4 years of Spanish in high school (including Advanced Placement; I did well on the exam) but all I remember is "yo quiero taco bell." I've had 3 years of Japanese and still counting. I'm also taking up Mandarin but I've only had a semester so far.

So that's about 6? But only in 4 of them do I have any amount of fluency. I actually wanna learn more.. like German lol.

getsuga

Postby getsuga » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:14 am

I can speak indonesian and english. As for local dialect, I understand bahasa jawa.

minorinhu

Postby minorinhu » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:03 am

8thSin wrote:People always tells me they can speak many languages, but in fact, they can barely speak or understand more than 2...

Exactly ^^ I can barely understand like 50% of j-dramas and english I'm fine about reading, but when I try to watch Fox News or another channel without subs .. I have a really hard time. :whistling:

btw, I can speak portunhol too :roll

getsuga

Postby getsuga » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:00 am

By the way, these people can speak more than 10 languages. :lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_noted_polyglots
Ctrl + F4 is the salvation from being addicted......... trust me :lol

iLOVEhyunbin

Postby iLOVEhyunbin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:10 am

i`m vietnamese but can speak english better than viet. hah. currently taking french. & umm does watching korean dramas anime`s & jap dramas & learning some words from it count ? =] jkjk gosh learning korean sounds awesome but writing it? -____- OMG does anyone know how to read & write korean?

KaoruX

Postby KaoruX » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:15 am

my friend is taking korean and she says the writing system is much easier than japanese kanji and chinese because they use a phonetic system as opposed to a logographic one..

Geisha

Postby Geisha » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:19 am

Native Spanish, fluent in English, major in French, and a life time trying to learn japaneseon my own, i'm not fluent but i still understand a little though.......

Pao[/spoiler]

kurisutine

Postby kurisutine » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:14 am

My first language is French. I don't have to describe this one since I have always been in french schools so I can easily say I master it.

My second is Romanian which I learnt at the same time as french. Romanian is my mother side language since she's from romania and her family lives there. I always speak romanian with my grandmother and sometimes with my sisters when we don't want others around to understand us lol.. but even though my mother sometimes talks to me in romanian (we usually speak french together), I just can't answer her back in the same language. I always answer in french.. dunno why even though I'm fluent, I just can't.

My third language is English. I understand it pretty well, speak it fluently but don't write it as a native english speaker would. I always end up doing basics spelling/syntax/tenses mistakes for which I totally feel miserable after.

I'll be starting to learn my forth language this summer : Mandarin. I can't wait, even though I know it's going to be hard as hell lol. Nah nah, I really want to learn it, so it's going to be lots of fun !

What else can I say.. I have been learning japanese by myself and I'm sure many of you guys have done that too lol. This comes with the D in jD-addicts :whistling:.. I understand the basics and can watch raw episodes and understand but not in the details and some words are sometimes said to quickly for me to get them. Also, I have to say that I totally agree with the person who said earlier in this topic that japanese is easier for people who know french. Japanese is almost like a weird french language : the pronunciation is almost the same so it's not hard at all for french speakers. The problem is only understanding what the words you can easily say mean lol. Anyways, I want to learn japanese too, but only after learning chinese. One thing at a time. Also I heard some people say that japanese is easier to learn, if you already know chinese, since some kanji are the same. What do you think ? :scratch:

arabian

Postby arabian » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 am

getsuga wrote:By the way, these people can speak more than 10 languages. :lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_noted_polyglots

It's nice.. :thumright:

Mitani

Postby Mitani » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:18 pm

Main language: Danish (the language spoken in Denmark, if someone doesn't know)
Second languages: English and German

and I can understand most swedish and norwegian, and from time to time if it's spoken slowly I can also understand dutch!

I also learned French for a couple of years, but I didn't like the language, so I didn't pay attention in class.. I have also had latin & spanish, both for only one year, so I don't really remember them..

^__^;

zenitse

Postby zenitse » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:33 pm

Since I'm Czech, it is also my native language. I've also been studying English for many years and I am fluent. In school, I am studying also German. I attempted Italian and also started French, but I quit both after a year. Now I've been studying Japanese for two years.

Plans for future - Korean, Russian, maybe again French.

lay4ever

Postby lay4ever » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:06 pm

I can speak english, tagalog, and trying to learn spanish as well

risjenny

Postby risjenny » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:26 pm

Cantonese, English and Swedish fluently...since i was born n raised in sweden, parents from Hong Kong and went to an english school since 4th grade then through out high school..Studied German and Mandarin..I think iam better in german: able to converse and understand them...i only understand some mandarin if they speak really slow.....learning Korean now...
Weird thing is that swedish people understands Norwegian really well...but not danish...danish understands us well though...

samii

Postby samii » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:35 pm

i speak english, cantonese, and manderin

korean_foreva

Postby korean_foreva » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:49 pm

i speak vietnamese english ...got taught french and spanish for 2 years and just started german in september and now im learnin chinese (Mandarin)...learned a bit of korean by watch dramas...lolz ^_____^

|sUiZiD|
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby |sUiZiD| » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:45 pm

humpf, languages..

I actually dont have a motherlanguage :D Since I dont know which languages I was actualy speaking when I was young. I grew up bilingual I guess...

Well, I do speak

German
English ( well a little bit, i guess :D)
Russian ( understanding is no problem, speaking ability left me and went to the moon)

Learning
Korean and Japanese ( You'd better not try to learn them on the same time, unless your a genuis^^ well I am not )

any other languages I want to learn: Non at the moment.....

leoyen

Postby leoyen » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:11 pm

Im Chinese, I speak in chinese.
born in england, i know english.

arabian

Postby arabian » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 am

|sUiZiD| wrote: Learning
Korean and Japanese ( You'd better not try to learn them on the same time, unless your a genuis^^ well I am not )

I agree with you cuz you get confused by learning two language together..

zinaa

Postby zinaa » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:37 am

well its 3 languages... :mrgreen:

Arabic as my first language...

then English....

and i can understand and speak Urdo... caz am half indian from my mother side...

i want learning Korean and Japanese languages :wub:

|sUiZiD|
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby |sUiZiD| » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:53 am

arabian wrote:

I agree with you cuz you get conused by learning two language together..

well, not exactly confused, you may get from time to time, but the problem is, you have to learn a lot. I am studying Japanese and korean at colege, and its a lot of suff to learn. Actualy I am suposed to sit the whole day doing nothing expect learning Vocabulary, Gramma and Kanjis (I need to learn Kanjis in Korean as well.....)

terence_hideyoshi

Postby terence_hideyoshi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:55 am

English is the main language used in my school. Chinese is my mother tongue. Hokkien is my dialect. Currently, learning Japanese.

arabian

Postby arabian » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:00 am

|sUiZiD| wrote:
arabian wrote:

well, not exactly confused, you may get from time to time, but the problem is, you have to learn a lot. I am studying Japanese and korean at colege, and its a lot of suff to learn. Actualy I am suposed to sit the whole day doing nothing expect learning Vocabulary, Gramma and Kanjis (I need to learn Kanjis in Korean as well.....)

That excatly the hard in learning new language..
Hope that you can speak this both language flunetly..

AZnThAi

Postby AZnThAi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:30 pm

mother language ; German.
2nd language ;american english
then ; thai ,
then ; chinese (mandarin)
Last edited by AZnThAi on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

|sUiZiD|
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby |sUiZiD| » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:34 pm

arabian wrote:
|sUiZiD| wrote:
arabian wrote:

fluently..... i guess I have still to go a long way to reach this goal :D

arabian

Postby arabian » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:37 pm

|sUiZiD| wrote:
arabian wrote:
|sUiZiD| wrote:
arabian wrote:

fluently..... i guess I have still to go a long way to reach this goal :D

nothing imposible.. 8)

Chidori-Chan

Postby Chidori-Chan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:27 am

Chinese is my mother tongue but also my second language at school whereas English is my first language at school. I tried to pick up french by taking a beginner's course but it didn't go so well, it was kinda hard. :P
When I married my husband and moved to Norway, I had to pick up Norwegain, which turned out to be easier than French. But I can't say I can speak it very well, just okay. I'm abit lazy.
I can understand Cantonese okay enough through many years of watching HK drama but I can't speak it so good, barely.
Now, I feel I can understand more Japanese after watching so many anime episodes. ^^ Haha ..
I would love to learn Japanese in a class. But I heard it's not easy, as I kinda suck in my own Chinese language..hehe... I can speak it well, but I can't write or read so good ... since I uses English most of the time ...

Elekko

Postby Elekko » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi, I'm new here..

I speak Swedish, Finnish, Hindi/Urdu and English... sooner I will start studying Chinese.. (Y)

aimberyo

Postby aimberyo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:40 pm

I speak English, but that is nothing to be proud of since that is my native tongue.
As for foreign languages, I have studied Spanish for 6 years, taken the equivalent of three years of Japanese and Korean for about 5 months. Out of all of them, I am by far the best at Japanese and I think it is only because of the way in which I was taught Japanese that I am so much better at it then the other too because I most definitely don't think that it is easier.

Julieho

Postby Julieho » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:55 pm

Norwegian is my native language, second is English, third is French and fourth Japanese. French I don't remember much about, just a little (perhaps I'll take a refresher course sometime), and I've just started Japanese, but going to attend a course soon! :)

WingsOfLovee

Postby WingsOfLovee » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:06 pm

mother language:Arabic
2nd language:English
& i want to learn Japanese :-) !

arabian

Postby arabian » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:12 pm

WingsOfLovee wrote:mother language:Arabic

Me too.. :mrgreen:

Prishh

Postby Prishh » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:31 pm

I can speak Cantonese and English very well. I'm currently taking Mandarin as my language at school and my friend teaches me Korean.

Kitsuchi

Postby Kitsuchi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:33 pm

My motherlanguage is Arabic, so I speak it fluently. And since I'm living in Sweden, I also speak fluently Swedish.
I may also understand some Norwegian, at least written. It resembles Swedish, so that's why.. I've never studied it, though. Can understand a little if talking slowly.. I've also been studying German for four years, but I'm not too fluently.
Of course also fluently in English and currently studying Japanese..

arabian

Postby arabian » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:52 pm

Kitsuchi wrote:My motherlanguage is Arabic, so I speak it fluently. And since I'm living in Sweden, I also speak fluently Swedish.
I may also understand some Norwegian, at least written. It resembles Swedish, so that's why.. I've never studied it, though. Can understand a little if talking slowly.. I've also been studying German for four years, but I'm not too fluently.
Of course also fluently in English and currently studying Japanese..

So you know Arabic that good that you don't forget it & Good luck in learning japanese.. :lol

WingsOfLovee

Postby WingsOfLovee » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:53 pm

arabian wrote:
WingsOfLovee wrote:mother language:Arabic

Me too.. :mrgreen:

:thumleft:

mun78

Postby mun78 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:04 pm

i learned french all throughout grade school and for two years in highschool , but the teachers in grade school were stupid and just wanted to get money. The way they teach french in Canada is retarded. Right now, i'm trying to spice up my french by reading books and I'm using websites to learn Japanese. So far, I haven't really gotten anywhere. But i hope to learn both languages soon. It's funny someone said that French and Japanese have similar prounounciations. That's actually very true.

angelic.me

Postby angelic.me » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:11 pm

I speak 2 languages. English and Chinese but for chinese I can speak Cantonese and Mandarin. Does that make it 2 or 3 language? I'm the most fluent in Cantonese and English. My Mandarin is okie, it doesn't sound so smooth when I talk in it but it's understandable enough.

HaJoSa

Postby HaJoSa » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:18 pm

Arabic is my native language, and English is 2nd one....

I know little french, JP, italiano, aurdo, Spanish.... that's what i got so far....

I am planing to learn new language whether Korean or chines ^_^
:wub: SarangHea :wub:

Minami Shara

Postby Minami Shara » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:22 pm

i can speak 4 languages...1 my natiive is Russian, then English. As i am korean i can speak Korean. and japanese...just for myself....i love this language... :D

Vanns

Postby Vanns » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:26 pm

I speak portuguese, english and can understand spanish and italian :-)
I also learning japanese, but I'm not very good yet

arabian

Postby arabian » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:32 pm

Vanns wrote:I speak portuguese, english and can understand spanish and italian :-)

Is it true that portuguese is difficult to learn more than spanish??

neokage

Postby neokage » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:37 pm

1st post ^^
I'm french, but i speak spanish, english, and a little bit of japanese :-)

Vanns

Postby Vanns » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:41 pm

arabian wrote:
Vanns wrote:I speak portuguese, english and can understand spanish and italian :-)

Is it true that portuguese is difficult to learn more than spanish??

yes, portuguese have many irregular verbs, more than spanish I think, and our pronunciation is difficult too, thought I prefer portuguese than spanish :D

meee

Postby meee » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:48 pm

Catt101 wrote:for me its english and asl(american sign language)

omg you know ASL? well, i am, too. _\m/ by the chance, are you hard of hearing? ^^
^ he is so kawaaaiii~! Image

HaJoSa

Postby HaJoSa » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:57 pm

Minami Shara wrote:i can speak 4 languages...1 my natiive is Russian, then English. As i am korean i can speak Korean. and japanese...just for myself....i love this language... :D

me too i love learning languages..... :mrgreen:

especially japanese
:wub: SarangHea :wub:

roninmedia

Postby roninmedia » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:25 pm

Vietnamese
English

I have software for Mandarin and Japanese but have not gotten far in it.

Kitsuchi

Postby Kitsuchi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:41 pm

arabian wrote:So you know Arabic that good that you don't forget it & Good luck in learning japanese.. :lol

Yes, I can speak fluently Arabic, people understand me and I can understand them too.. No problem. But although, I speak Swedish more fluently.. And it's easier for me. Sometimes I forget some words on Arabic when I talk, so. I guess I only can speak simple Arabic, not difficult with complicated words, you know..

Sunrise Hinode

Postby Sunrise Hinode » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:44 pm

Spoken English all my life.
Two years study of Japanese(not in a row though).
Two months study of Korean.

Annessa

Postby Annessa » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:51 pm

i was born in Thailand, but grew up in the U.S. so unfortunately, i can only say i'm fluent in English. i can speak some mandarin, and understand some khmer and thai, but i don't really speak those languages.

i took college level french, but i wouldn't consider myself anywhere near fluent. i've also attempted to learn Korean for a few years now... i can speak/understand at a conversational level.

arabian

Postby arabian » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:29 pm

Kitsuchi wrote:
arabian wrote:So you know Arabic that good that you don't forget it & Good luck in learning japanese.. :lol

Yes, I can speak fluently Arabic, people understand me and I can understand them too.. No problem. But although, I speak Swedish more fluently.. And it's easier for me. Sometimes I forget some words on Arabic when I talk, so. I guess I only can speak simple Arabic, not difficult with complicated words, you know..

Which arab country you are from?? :P
you can not answer if you don't want..

keitaro696

Postby keitaro696 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:38 pm

I speak spanish as native language, English, French and a little bit of German and Japanese, this one is my favourite but it's a little difficult for me T_T

redmob

Postby redmob » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:01 pm

uhmmm.. here in the philippines we have more than 5 languages, but i can only speak 3 of them.. =)

princess_jime

Postby princess_jime » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:02 pm

Spanish is my mother tongue, but I gotta say, it's so true that saying that says:
Latinamerica is bonded and divided by language
I should say I speak venezuelan and chilean because even though both are "spanish" they are soooooo different it's like speaking different languages, I swear :lol
My brother once asked his french teacher about her travels around latinamerica, she said she learned spanish in spain, had to learn it all over again in mexico, and was now in the same process here in venezuela!

Anyway, I'm also fluent (speak, read and write) in english but only because of my own personal affair with the language...
I studied french, latin and ancient greek, but it's been so long I've forgotten everything.

And I'm also trying to study japanese on my own, due to monetary issues. :mrgreen:
Like everyone else, thanks to my d-addiction, I can pick up a few words here and there of mandarin and korean, but no biggie.

Fleet

Postby Fleet » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:07 pm

FIrst language is Vietnamese. Second is English. Taking a Spanish class right now. And taking Japanese class in summer. :]

Return to “General Discussions”