Requesting Suggestions for Avatar Banners

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Requesting Suggestions for Avatar Banners

Post by jholic » Sep 30th, '06, 03:22

DA members:

looking for suggestions, constructive comments and insights.

currently, we have several main avatar banners: MODERATOR, REVIEWER, FANSUBBER, and UPLOAD ADDICT.

we are planning to do away with these and come up with some brand new ones.

main problems:
- some members hold multiple roles, but we do not have multiple titles/banners. (ie. aNToK is a reviewer, fansubber AND uploader. but we can only give him one banner.)

- there are various levels of uploading. to get a 'upload addict' banner, you have to upload one complete series. but some people upload 10-15 eps of variety tv stuff. we need to establish a better criteria for getting the upload banner.

- especially with the fansubber banner, there's role and achievement discrepancies. some people time or translate, others do everything. make multiple banners?

ok then:

* i will hold a AVATAR BANNER DESIGN CONTEST. but hold on! we first need to determine which banners we will have. DO NOT SUBMIT ANYTHING YET!!

* NO, you may not upload your own banner. that's what your avatar is for. of course if you assign yourself a rank, that's pretty tacky. (i thought about allowing fansub groups to upload their own, but there's too many problems with that.)

* we will wipe out the old banners so EVERYONE will lose their banners. you may apply to have a new banner based on the new criteria. if you meet the new criteria based on past performance, you will be awarded the new banner (as long as you can show proof of your past work).

====================================================

1. how many banners should we have? and what ranks? (ie. moderator, uploader, mega-uploader, timer, translator, solo fansubber, etc.) we want to keep it simple, yet diverse. we're not planning to have 50-100 different ranks.

2. what will be the CRITERIA for attaining these ranks? should they be hard to get? or fairly easy?

3. any additional comments

====================================================
Last edited by jholic on Oct 1st, '06, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 30th, '06, 03:23

example:

these should be the titles, and the criteria for getting them---

UPLOADER - person who uploads 10-49 torrents of anything (eps, ost's, variety, etc.)
MEGA-UPLOADER - person who uploads 50+ torrents of anything or at least 10gigs.
TIMER - has timed at least 5 eps.
QC - has qc'd at least 5 eps.
VSS - has VSS'd at least three series in the past.
SOLO FANSUBBER - has released at least 3 hard/soft-subbed episodes or files.
ADMIN/MODERATOR - self explanatory

etc. you get the idea....

ap

Post by ap » Sep 30th, '06, 03:52

i want one that says super leecher :lol

btw, if we qulify for serval banners can pick the one we want? :whistling:

ap

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Sep 30th, '06, 04:06

I'd settle for "Subby Stud and Idiot Slayer" myself.....:P

Or maybe "Sith Subber"? Someone called me Darth aNToK awhie back....

semi-kidding aside, how about just having multiple titles or what-not in the same banner? I'm not picky. Something like Fansubber/Uploader would be fine with me.

chunu

Post by chunu » Sep 30th, '06, 06:33

jholic, this is a great idea! hope U don't mind but I really think we should have a little
( VERY SLIGHT ) animation so that would save lots of titles. EXAMP:

uploader one sec. will change to Fansubber the next for those who hold to titles.
this way it'll be nice to see a little animation but still keep the same size.

just a thought hehe....thanks for getting this moving for us ! :wub: :wub:

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 30th, '06, 14:18

If you have multiple titles aren't you going to end up with a lot of images? You'd need one for each possibility; if someone did everything but translating you would have a big list too. I suppose you could make it so people who do multiple things would pass though each image, i.e. if they did QC and timing you could have QC at 3eps and timing at 5, though then it'll get a bit messy.

I think it'd be easier if you just went with what you did the most of, or choose yourself which sounds best.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Sep 30th, '06, 14:35

jholic wrote:example:

these should be the titles, and the criteria for getting them---

UPLOADER - person who uploads 10-49 torrents of anything (eps, ost's, variety, etc.)
MEGA-UPLOADER - person who uploads 50+ torrents of anything or at least 10gigs.
TIMER - has timed at least 5 eps.
QC - has qc'd at least 5 eps.
VSS - has VSS'd at least three series in the past.
SOLO FANSUBBER - has released at least 3 hard/soft-subbed episodes or files.
ADMIN/MODERATOR - self explanatory

etc. you get the idea....
heh, i think the admin/moderator badge may be pretty much obsolete since your nick colors already define the status...
and the fact that several people do different jobs in the fansubbing category is like you stated a problem with a single title banner...
distinguishing between uploaders and subbers makes sense to me, but whether someone qcs, times, typesets or encodes
doesn't really matter to me personally, since all those jobs make the final product, so fansubber would suffice for me as well...
i do see a difference though between people who work on one or two episodes and people who continue working on subs over a long time...
it's just a suggestion, i'm fine with keeping the regular subber banners, but if you wanted to give credit for dedication, you could always
have the regular banners evolve with embedded icons, such as 1-10 eps 1 star, 11-20 eps 2 stars and the like...

i'd be more interested to see who busts their butts for this community and who just dabbles in it for a bit to flash a banner around...
someone said it in the calling all fansubbers thread i believe, that everybody is a fansubber these days, so giving credit to those
who stick with it and continue to donate their time for others' enjoyment is something i'd rather see than the QC, timer, project manager, whatever, distinction...
just a thought...

EDIT: then again, a combination of evolving banners and subbing job distinction is also possible... :lol

chunu

Post by chunu » Sep 30th, '06, 19:12

hehe...that's wht I also mean, just fansubbers but have requierment post it somewhere in oder to get the title . for me, I'm fansubber and upload so we could have it animated just a little or something . I don't think we should have title for Timing/ QC etc...
its' all about fansubbing anyway.

and yes, not every thing will be animated like admin. mod. etc....only animated for
those who are having 2 titles.

okay, stopping now hehe :P

groink

Post by groink » Sep 30th, '06, 19:28

Given the existing banners, I think they're fine. What you have to do instead is change your idea of exactly how the banner system works.

Think of them like ranks in the military. All enlisted people are privates in the beginning. Then later they get upgraded to seargent, drill seargent, etc. If you're a drill seargent, you don't also refer yourself as a private. Although you were all these other ranks before, you're only recognized by one rank.

With the existing banners, what Ruroshin should do is actually sort them in order of rank, or in this case of importance and value to the D-Addicts community. My ranking would then be (from most important to least):

Administrator
Fansubber
Capturer (I added this one)
Upload Addict
Reviewer

In aNToK's situation, he should be ranked as a Fansubber, seeing with his multi-level contributions to the community, with fansubbing being the most important of all his skills. IMHO fansubbing is the 2nd most important role in the community - higher than even the moderators. Moderators maintain order with the community, but fansubbing makes watching dramas possible regardless of order within D-Addicts.

I'm actually considered a capturer. A capturer is someone who captures dramas off of broadcast TV and contain subtitles within the broadcast. I don't particularly fall under the fansubber category, but the result products I offer is exactly the same result as what a fansubber would provide.

That's basically how I see things with the banners, and the importance of these contributions.

--- groink

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Sep 30th, '06, 19:46

And I thought my most important contribution was smacking idiots back in line.... :P

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 1st, '06, 03:33

thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

yes, i am trying to establish a system where you won't need to 'choose' your banner, it will state your multiple titles. i think the best way to do this is use a standard background img (like we do now), and either just write in the titles, or like ironicwave suggested, put stars or icons. OR, as chunu said, we use an animated gif.

Lowest: you brought up a good point. will have to figure that one out. but instead of separating timer, qc, editor, translator, etc, we could just say 'fansub group member' or 'fansub contributor'.

groink: thought of this one too. i was on a forum where they actually used the military ranks (private, sgt, general, etc.). i also liked the creativity, but i think it may instigate too much argument if we rank roles instead of standard titles. one person might think a capturer is ranked higher than an uploader. others may not. i rather just use simple terms (baby drama addict, junior drama addict, super drama addict, etc.)

but i still would like to hear more.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 3rd, '06, 12:34

We don't have any reviewers anymore. The reviewing team dissolved with the establishment of DramaWiki. And, in my opinion, distinguishing between the fansubbing positions isn't necessary. You can find all the bloody details on the team's website if you want.

aplepy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aplepy » Oct 3rd, '06, 18:17

I don't think it matters...as long as it lets others know that we are the groups that are subbing the dramas... :D

Fansubber looks good to me...

[img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7901 ... ite4dg.gif[/img]

Athaclena42
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Athaclena42 » Oct 5th, '06, 04:28

I, too, would rather just see "fansubber". I was going to ask for a banner in the other thread, since I've been doing stuff with KDA as of late, and I saw the link to this thread. I just think there are so many different titles/roles in the fansubbing process, that it might get too complicated to show exactly what each fansubber does.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the new banners, and hopefully eventually getting one for myself!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 5th, '06, 23:59

athaclena: for what it's worth, awarded you one for now.

moving (again) to 'general discussions' for more exposure....

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 7th, '06, 08:47

I think adding new banners is a good idea, the current banners are a bit unfair for those fansubbers who worked on a lot of projects compared to those who just worked on a few projects. But I disagree to any rankings, we all contribute for the good of our community and not to gain membership to some higher class out of it.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Oct 7th, '06, 14:17

For some reason, my comment here is gone by the server change... Oh well... :( Anyway...

I also disagree that a banner should designate any kind of rank whatsoever in this forum. I think it is more like a recognition that D-Addicts gives to those who did good service.

Moreover, I'd rather see one banner with multiple roles, if possible. For example: Fansubber and Uploader. If not, multiple banners are okay. Some sort of indication of level of participation is welcome too. Perhaps some stars on the banner or whatever.

I'm also proposing for some banner for seeders, especially those who participate in Series of the Month for multiple times. But this might not be feasible because we probably can't track the seeders (IP address might change and this tracker is an open tracker).

Another thing is to include some option to remove the banner itself. The removal should be either based on the banner owner's request or on violations (like flaming or cheating).

chunu

Post by chunu » Oct 7th, '06, 16:24

@abcd99:
oh wow, I love your idea about banner for seeding. I think this is a wonderful way
to get more into helping seed instead of a hit and run. Those who've helped
for the Monthly Seeding deserve it he..he...cause I did help to before :P

I also agree with U and Bugsie..NO RANKING BANNERS he..he... it'll be more
work for my tomodachi jholic :wub:

just one small suggestion ( don't kill me jholic ) but if once we got this down..
maybe we could have it change every year so like a contest for the members.
Something fun and everyone can summit their work..
just an idea, please don't scream :P

KingHussien

Post by KingHussien » Oct 9th, '06, 02:31

ap wrote:i want one that says super leecher :lol

btw, if we qulify for serval banners can pick the one we want? :whistling:

ap
[img]http://kinghussien.net/webstuff/superleecher.jpg[/img]

Here you go.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Oct 9th, '06, 02:43

chunu wrote:@abcd99:
just one small suggestion ( don't kill me jholic ) but if once we got this down..
maybe we could have it change every year so like a contest for the members.
Something fun and everyone can summit their work..
just an idea, please don't scream :P
Great idea. Change is good.

abcd99, per your request, I took down your banner.

KingHussien, me laughs @ that super leecher banner. :rofl:

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 10th, '06, 00:52

Um not sure if I should ask here but don't know where else since the thread is locked.

I would like to request for an uploader banner for myself :P

I had finish uploading the last two episodes of taiyou no uta today and since I didn't upload the 1st 2 or 3 episodes of them, am I still qualify for a uploader banner? I also uploaded a lot of jumong and vineyard man episodes as well. I'm planning on releasing jumong episode 13 and 14 on wednesday and 15 and 16 on friday. Special treatment for everyone :lol

Also, um may I get a banner that have both fansubber and uploader on it? Sorry if I'm asking too much :cry:

If I can't get both, I'll wait until you all decide on the new banners or avatars.

Thank you.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 10th, '06, 01:06

Didn't know about this until referred to by Kandi.. But to put in my opinion:

Chunu's idea of an animated banner is good where it can just change/ shuffle through the titles that a person is using the same background opposed to a different background per title which would take a little more time unless someone wouldn't mind doing so.

And then you can sort of leave an open option for the 'Fansubber' title they can just use that as a Broad Term opposed to having a specific title (Editor/Encoder, etc.) I mean since it is a Members privilege to have a banner they can either choose a broad/ specific banner (Not multiple but either).

As for custom titles... I guess you could simply as everyone has already suggested:
Broad:
-Fansubber or Fansub Group Staff
-Upload Addict (Or just Uploader)
-Seeder
-Admin
Specific:
-Editor, Quality Checker, Encoder, Timer, Translator (This can be broad or add in a C/K/J to specify Language), etc.
---
Don't know if this can be done but it is semi broad/specific.. But possibly a FanSub Group Title? (Animated as well)

For example (Will use myself): DF Staff, Suteki Staff, Kioku Staff..
Either something like that or... more specific of:
... DF Editor, Suteki Editor, Suteki Encoder, Kioku Editor
{Something along those lines}
---
-Lone-Subber (For those that fansub on their own without assistance)
-RAW-Provider (Best person I know to get this is Gryzze)
-Mega Uploader (And you can set the limits){Or... Master Uploader}
-Mega Seeder (Set limit){Or... Master Seeder}
^The names can be different but you get the general idea^

Heh if you had Tracker Stats where you can check peoples ratios I guess you could use KingHussien's idea and award them a 'Super Leecher/Master Leecher' Banner.

Also to that Ranking where people get designated 'stars/etc.' I really don't think that should be used, as using a Banner such as the current ones are more simplistic, don't need to get too complicated with this idea (In my opinion).

Well that is all I can think up of at the moment.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 10th, '06, 02:46

thanks for all these suggestions. i am reading through them.

abcd99: i thought there was an option for members to remove their own banners, but we'll have to ask Ruro or MJ about that one. seeders should definitely be awarded a banner, but it would be pretty tough to track based on dynamic ip.

chunu: i was thinking of having banner changes every year or so anyways. thanks for the reminder.

kandi22: hope you can hold on for a little while till we get this resolved.

Sacred: great suggestions.

i also like the animated gif suggestion for banners, but it won't work with our 'banner-assigning system'. every 'title' is associated with a picture (gif/jpg) the way we assign a banner to an individual is like this:

aaa = 1.gif
bbb = 2.gif
ccc = 3.jpg
ddd = 4.jpg

therefore, if i want to say chunu is a 'ccc', 3.jpg shows up as her banner. if we have animated gifs with multiple titles, i would have to make an animated gif for every combination of titles we would have.

in other words: admin, mod, fansubber, uploader, timer, seeder. i would need to make a gif for EVERY combination of these six titles.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 10th, '06, 02:51

I understand that, that is why I said if we do animated banners that would be my suggestion, if not then we could just stick to a persons preference in a broad title.

And as I do not really have experience with .gif's I dont' really have much input on that matter...

groink

Post by groink » Oct 10th, '06, 02:56

jholic wrote:therefore, if i want to say chunu is a 'ccc', 3.jpg shows up as her banner. if we have animated gifs with multiple titles, i would have to make an animated gif for every combination of titles we would have.

in other words: admin, mod, fansubber, uploader, timer, seeder. i would need to make a gif for EVERY combination of these six titles.
There is a such thing as a scriptable GIF, using a CGI on the server end. I've seen this done in avatars, where the person's avatar is actually a PHP script. With some coding and a GIF creation library on the server, you can basically build the animated GIF banner on-the-fly, thereby eliminating the issue of creating a infinate number of combinations. The only drawback to this, however, is the use of CPU cycles on the server end.

Here are some sample code links:

Random avatar script
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Avatar

Random Avatars Mod 1.0.17
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=291564

--- groink

groink

Post by groink » Oct 10th, '06, 02:58

SacredCultivator wrote:I understand that, that is why I said if we do animated banners that would be my suggestion, if not then we could just stick to a persons preference in a broad title.

And as I do not really have experience with .gif's I dont' really have much input on that matter...
OT: What's with the grey font? Many people like myself have vision problems, and the grey text makes it very difficult to read.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Oct 10th, '06, 03:13

I think a "TROLL" banner would be really great!

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Oct 10th, '06, 03:14

Kai Lien wrote:abcd99, per your request, I took down your banner.
Thanks. I'm not losing my privileges as an uploader, right? Getting rid of an "addict" label from my nickname surely feels very good :)

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 10th, '06, 17:02

groink wrote:
SacredCultivator wrote:I understand that, that is why I said if we do animated banners that would be my suggestion, if not then we could just stick to a persons preference in a broad title.

OT: What's with the grey font? Many people like myself have vision problems, and the grey text makes it very difficult to read.
Off Topic: Emm I am sorry if the Gray Color makes it hard for you to read, to me I don't necessarily notice a big difference (I guess sometimes the color of Forum/ monitor settings can offset it though) ... But I guess it is just something 'different' as to why choosing Gray? It beats White/Black.. and Blue is another option but I prefer a Gray/Silver color as my font... Just preference I suppose. Again i apologize if it impairs your reading (of my posts).

As for the Banner, Groink has a good source and mine is free which has it's limitations because as you 'refresh' the page my Avatar/Sig are supposed to change to something else, but as a free service you can only use so many images.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Oct 10th, '06, 17:13

@SacredCultivator - Just lose the gray font already...

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 10th, '06, 17:15

@SacredCultivator What's the use of posting if you're the only one who can read it?

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Oct 10th, '06, 17:59

I have a friend that's partially color blind also use similar color scheme. Apparently, grayish blue and gray appear completely contrast to him and he doesn't understand that these colors are very similar to normal eyes.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 10th, '06, 17:59

haha I am sure I am not the only one that can read it... And heck, I simply asked if it was too much to just let me know rather than to offend me like that Bugsie. Sheesh you could have just kindly have said to change to default or something rather than to post what you did...

(Going off topic now)

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 10th, '06, 18:04

SacredCultivator wrote:Bugsie. Sheesh you could have just kindly have said to change to default or something rather than to post what you did...
I realized that too. :pale: But it sure looks good now! :lol :offtopic:

EDIT: Good thing a "TACTLESS" banner doesn't exist.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 11th, '06, 00:03

groink wrote:
jholic wrote:therefore, if i want to say chunu is a 'ccc', 3.jpg shows up as her banner. if we have animated gifs with multiple titles, i would have to make an animated gif for every combination of titles we would have.

There is a such thing as a scriptable GIF, using a CGI on the server end. I've seen this done in avatars, where the person's avatar is actually a PHP script. With some coding and a GIF creation library on the server, you can basically build the animated GIF banner on-the-fly, thereby eliminating the issue of creating a infinate number of combinations. The only drawback to this, however, is the use of CPU cycles on the server end.

Here are some sample code links:

Random avatar script
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Avatar

Random Avatars Mod 1.0.17
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=291564

--- groink
But the problem with that would be that if you're randomizing or generating images you're going to be using a lot more bandwidth then you normally would since they stop browsers from caching the images.. I don't think it'd be worth it..

groink

Post by groink » Oct 11th, '06, 00:22

Lowest wrote:But the problem with that would be that if you're randomizing or generating images you're going to be using a lot more bandwidth then you normally would since they stop browsers from caching the images.. I don't think it'd be worth it..
Architectually, it would use no more bandwidth than a static GIF. Scripts are run on the server end as CGIs. The scripts are not sent to the browser and processed in the browser. As I mentioned earlier, it will use more CPU cycles. And, as far as caching is concerned, we're taking very little additional bandwidth on the part of the browser; the typical banner would be about 45KB (right now, a banner is around 15KB). Your average news site (CNN, etc.) takes a lot more hits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Gateway_Interface

--- groink

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 14th, '06, 03:31

what do you guys think about having TEXT-ONLY banners?

with text only banners, we could have all kinds of titles and stuff, without worries about overloading the server.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Oct 14th, '06, 04:27

Text only banners? That's better. Or perhaps a "custom title", like... "Drama Overlord" (or whatever).

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 14th, '06, 04:51

Hehe I think Text-Only would mean 'custom titles' =P, but hey I am all up for that as well.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 14th, '06, 16:25

Text banners is a fine idea, I'm just wondering what will it look like.

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Oct 28th, '06, 21:57

im also curious as to what a text would look like. but like most of you guys have mentioned, categorizing the whole fansubbing thing into timers, Qcer's, and translators, seems a bit too much. leaving it broad, in my opinion, seems fine.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Nov 5th, '06, 01:00

maybe take the original titles(or make a new one)...use a blank one with no title and just place text over the image? keep it looking like before but allowing custom titles w/o server overload.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/we ... php/348002

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Nov 23rd, '06, 01:53

just testing my sig

edit: where is it? :cry:

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Dec 10th, '06, 06:15

I wonder how the banners are going.... :roll

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 12th, '06, 01:55

i am guilty of not seeing this project through.

i should have more time to work on this in a month and a half....

if another mod or member would like to start it before then, please let me know. we are planning to hold a contest for the banner design. but before that, we hope to finalize the TITLES that will be used.

SakuraG89

Post by SakuraG89 » Jan 17th, '07, 04:32

A thought--I haven't read the entire thread, so I apologize is I'm duplicating anyone, but how much trouble would it be to use the same picture but different colors, which could cycle for multi-role folks?

Also, do we really get a banner just for uploading one series?

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jun 30th, '07, 03:43

From now on, please keep this thread about banner suggestions. I (along with any other mods who'd like to help) will be taking over for jholic to try and work out the new banner types and stuff. After that, we can hold a banner contest. I think I'll be holding a poll with a list of all the suggestions so far some time next week. Get your last suggestions in ^_^"

For fansubber banner requests/nominations, please use this thread:
Oy, Calling All Fansubbers!

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jun 30th, '07, 04:14

Hm...quickly skimming all the suggestions, I've gotten:

Ranking
Admin>fansubber>moderator>etc>whatever>something

Old system w/ stars (my choice)
Fansubber, Fansubber*, Translator****, Timer*, etc.

Divisions of old system
Translator, timer, etc. as opposed to just Fansubber

Random Image
not likely due to additional CPU cycles...whatever that means O_o

Animated Images
lol, i'll find the loch ness monster before we do this. no way am i (or anybody else) gonna make 40k+ animated gifs. this is only a possibility if someone brings a nice script to my attention and I can get the site admins to approve of it.

If I missed something (which I'm certain I did) or you have another suggestion, please tell me. Class schedule permitting, I'll go ahead hold a poll some time next week

aj2005uk

Post by aj2005uk » Jun 30th, '07, 18:44

I've had a look at the suggestions and... I like your choice Tr4nce, but change it abit like putting Translator, timer, etc. as opposed to just Fansubber.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jun 30th, '07, 19:02

@all
hm...i kinda messed up listing...here i modified it:

Ranking
Admin>fansubber>moderator>etc>whatever>something

Old system w/ stars
Fansubber, Fansubber*, Uploader***, Uploader*, etc.

Divisions of old system
Translator, timer, etc. as opposed to just Fansubber

Division of old system w/ stars (my choice)
Fansubber, Fansubber*, Translator****, Timer*, etc. <==hm...this is actually division of old system w/ stars...still my choice ^_^"

Random Image
not likely due to additional CPU cycles...whatever that means O_o

Animated Images
lol, i'll find the loch ness monster before we do this. no way am i (or anybody else) gonna make 40k+ animated gifs. this is only a possibility if someone brings a nice script to my attention and I can get the site admins to approve of it.

Text Based
all of the above but only text based.

Custom Text Title
user sets their own text title. i think this will be unlikely. i'd have to get site admin approval and they'd have to install/code this.

If I missed something (which I'm certain I did) or you have another suggestion, please tell me. Class schedule permitting, I'll go ahead hold a poll some time next week

@aj2005uk
^_^ be sure to vote for it when the poll comes up

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 7th, '07, 07:39

The new banners are currently being discussed by the admins/mods.