The Identification Thread for Celebrities

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
tkah

Post by tkah » Apr 21st, '09, 04:46

Now I am curious too. I have a hard time distiguishing Japanese from other asian people. How can you tell?

rmaggie

Post by rmaggie » Apr 21st, '09, 06:29

actually its really easy for me to distiguish Japanese from other Asians but than again I am an Asian maybe I been expose to them alot hence its easier for me.

No clue who she is

ryuken_r

Post by ryuken_r » Apr 21st, '09, 07:38

she looks like Abe Natsumi.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Apr 21st, '09, 08:08

Yeah looks Japanese to me, but that's all I know, LOL.

Watermelon00

Post by Watermelon00 » Apr 22nd, '09, 05:50

She looks kind of like Hebe from S.H.E

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Apr 22nd, '09, 05:59

I believe it's Hotta Yuika: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hotta_Yuika

ainekaikan

Post by ainekaikan » Apr 23rd, '09, 12:41

I also believe that is Hotta Yuika. :)

Endexus

Post by Endexus » Apr 23rd, '09, 17:25

nice pic, where did ya find that from? :roll

TalnSG

Post by TalnSG » Apr 23rd, '09, 20:15

I think this one was Chinese, but I am not certain. Lead male was Chinese, but I think the female lead may have been Korean.

Aired on AZN and/or Imaginasian TX about a year or two ago and I have no idea of the title.

Main male character was a construction worker who dropped out of school. Female is well educated, classic geek but she falls for him. He is living in the remains of a factory and reads classic novels, despite his gangster rep. After some trouble with either gangs or loan sharks (not sure) he goes to a mining town somewhere in China to disappear. During a mine cave in, he kills someone in management but escapes back to a major city and adopts a new identity. Eventually he gets caught and in jail meets the girl's brother. When he is cleared of the murder they eventually end up together.

The movie is modern and in color, but most of my memory is that the scenes are often so colorless that they seem to be shot in black & white. The one exception is the best friend of the guy who has hair varying from neon yellow to pink throughout the series, and a bright, colorful scene when he takes the girl on a date to an arcade.

Anybody know this one?

dettenhi

Post by dettenhi » Apr 26th, '09, 02:58

cc(,``o wrote:this is a long shot because i can't remember much about this except that the story is about the protagonist finding a cellphone and the story takes off from there. if i remember correctly it was the girl who found the phone and answered it when it rang.

i read the plot a while back from dramawiki and wrote the title down on a pad of paper unfortunately i've moved twice since then and can't find the pad of paper. i'm hoping there's an english sub for the series now that's why i'm looking for it.

anyone by any chance know which series i'm talking about? i've already browse through about a hundred titles in dramawiki to no avail.
I think it might be 2 faces of my girlfriend. It's a korean movie. Hope it's right ^-^

dettenhi

Post by dettenhi » Apr 26th, '09, 02:58

cc(,``o wrote:this is a long shot because i can't remember much about this except that the story is about the protagonist finding a cellphone and the story takes off from there. if i remember correctly it was the girl who found the phone and answered it when it rang.

i read the plot a while back from dramawiki and wrote the title down on a pad of paper unfortunately i've moved twice since then and can't find the pad of paper. i'm hoping there's an english sub for the series now that's why i'm looking for it.

anyone by any chance know which series i'm talking about? i've already browse through about a hundred titles in dramawiki to no avail.
I think it might be 2 faces of my girlfriend. It's a korean movie. Hope it's right ^-^
Last edited by dettenhi on Apr 26th, '09, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

dettenhi

Post by dettenhi » Apr 26th, '09, 03:13

there a Chinese drama that i want to watch, but i can't find it.
it's set in ancient time and the emperor lost his memory. I think he had a wife who had to take care of him.
the Vietnamese name for it is vua nouc nao thien ha or something like that.
can you give me the English or Chinese name for it?
thanks! ^-^

mwood97

Post by mwood97 » Apr 29th, '09, 02:29

i think from one of thos chan sites

mewlew

Post by mewlew » May 4th, '09, 07:24

Ok I don't remember that much about the movie, but I do remember this much:

Setting: somewhere in old China, old clothing; they had carriages and trolleys/buses

Era: during WWII, when Japan invades China.

Plot: This rich man meets this poor woman on the trolley/bus one day while she was crying. I think he begins to fall in love with her. However, he was getting married with this other woman (rich) that turned out to be her friend. The woman he marries finds out or something and she begins to get evil. Towards the end, Japan invades China and they all try to run away. But the woman's dad (woman who was crying on the bus) decides to stay behind (because he used to be a general, I think) and dies =[. And also, the evil woman's dad ends up in a wheel chair somehow and had to use his finger to communicate by tapping it.

Gawd, I hope you guys know what I'm talking about.... It was such a great movie, I can't believe I don't remember the title!

And also, I saw it around 1996-1999... so it was made before 2000!

Thanks for your help!!

shawty24

Post by shawty24 » May 5th, '09, 03:13

Name: 佐藤隆太 (さとう りゅうた)
Name (romaji): Sato Ryuta
Profession: Actor
Birthdate: 1980-Feb-27
Birthplace: Meguro, Tokyo, Japan
Height: 179cm
Weight: 62.5kg
Star sign: Pisces
Blood type: A
Talent agency: K Factory

He cast on dramas mostly as a supporting actor. But I think he's funny. I want to see him more as a lead like in Rookies. I like him at Kisarazu Cat's Eye as Masta with his hair like that also in IWGP.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sato_Ryuta

Snap shot from Rookies.
Credits to Skewed Studios and TimeLesSub for the video.

Snap shot from IWGP.
Credit to SARS for the video.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » May 10th, '09, 12:47

Woah!!! This thread is super interesting! I looked through all "nominees" from page 1 and realised some have become really famous now, such as toma, eita, shota, etc..

And I am excited to see quite a number of my favourite guys got "nominated" (showing that there are still people who remembered them) such as tetsuji, kashiwabara, mukai, koizumi... who are some of the few good 'supporting actors' .. haha

by the way, i totally cannot believe that koizumi kotaro is born in 1978!! (alright.. I am slow.. i just realised it a moment ago while reading the thread) didn't he act as tsumabuki's (1980 born) younger brother in tenchijin?!?!?!?! hahaha he looks like he is born in 1987! lol

ps: besides the guys.. i also agreed with the ladies.. such as mizukawa, nakayama. they ought to get more recognition too!

Nyar Nyar

Title of Taiwanese Martial Arts Chinese TV series

Post by Nyar Nyar » May 20th, '09, 08:11

Hello Dear all,

Sorry if my query is oppose from the terms & rules of D-addicts forum.

This series airs(in our language- Couple of Medicine) & I do not find this series title in English version.
I do not even know the actors & actress.

Since the story line is v-good & interesting & base on the year of Han.
The one(villain), who acts here as a Queen of Lwei(sorry for my poor pronunciation) Family seize the country from Luio Family, is the famous one in those days.

The leading actor(luio Shwan) is the royal guard of that Queen(spy to her & plan to get the country back for the people). He's v- smart in Martial arts & falls for the niece of the Queen.His elder brother also serves to the Queen as a General & he falls to the niece too. But he is aan evil one.

The leading actress(Ti Ying) is the youngest daughter of the Physician & she 's smart in medical issues.
By some how, they(Luio Shwan & Ti ying) met each other & Ti Ying falls for Luio Shwan.

The most interesting thing in this is "Medicine of foverver youth (do not die & live in long age) & the Queen wants to use it. The other group is the Martial arts teacher & her desiple(she also fall to Lui Shwan first, later she is run into the evil one(who is teh bodygurad & under the Queen).They live in the mountain with full of BATS.

As the story goes on & just started, I would like to know what will happen next.

If anyone of you have seen this & know(from my synopsis), pls. tell me the namd of the series & (if it is possble) the ending, pls.

Thks in adv.
Nyarnyar

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » May 20th, '09, 13:18

It's called Shen Yi Xia Lv / Miracle Healers / Genius Physician - Ti Ying.
Check out these reviews for more detailed information about the plot and characters.

In the future, please use this thread for questions about unknown dramas.

Nyar Nyar

Xia Xia Nyi yar(Thanks in Chinese)

Post by Nyar Nyar » May 21st, '09, 02:39

Hello Lady,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Will try to dig out more abt this series.

By the way, have you already seen the whole series?

Even it become a spoiler, Kaung su wa (can you pls. tell me) will Ti Ying & Liu Sheng have a happy ending? Pls. just tell me since it is just started & I could not find DVD of it (here in my area) even I really like to buy & watch it.

Aanyway, thanks again for your kind help & will try to dig out more abt this series.

Nyarnyar

Lady Zhuge

Re: Xia Xia Nyi yar(Thanks in Chinese)

Post by Lady Zhuge » May 21st, '09, 03:45

Nyar Nyar wrote:Hello Lady,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Will try to dig out more abt this series.

By the way, have you already seen the whole series?

Even it become a spoiler, Kaung su wa (can you pls. tell me) will Ti Ying & Liu Sheng have a happy ending? Pls. just tell me since it is just started & I could not find DVD of it (here in my area) even I really like to buy & watch it.

Aanyway, thanks again for your kind help & will try to dig out more abt this series.

Nyarnyar
I've seen parts of this series, including the ending.
Yes, Ti Ying and Liu Xuan have a happy ending.

Nyar Nyar

Thanks for the spoiler & One more request

Post by Nyar Nyar » May 25th, '09, 10:23

Hello Lady,

Thanks for the ending.

And I can also see others view from your above links & others.

There's one interesting thing. & would like to request it from you
Some said the sweet & lovely kissing scene btwen ZWZ & Alysia 's got cut out for some reason. If it is still available with you, can you pls send it to me at chawmyanmar@gmail.com since I have already tried to the links/download files which are uploaded by others & it's failed. And I am so addicted to ZWZ & Alysia while I'm watching this series
I'll gona buy the DVD once (if ) it is come out.

thks in adv.
Nyarnyar

Zero Requiem

Post by Zero Requiem » May 26th, '09, 19:02

I'm looking for this one vampire series where it starts out in ancient times, but the hero and villain of the series were turned into vampires and lived for thousands of years and the series shifts to modern time. It was made around the mid-90's and I think the villain of the show was a female, and that's about the only things I remember. It's not My Date with a Vampire trilogy, but the premise of the show is a lot like it.

Edit - Another Question:

Is that Louis Koo in the gif? If so, which series is this?

Rainism

desperately searching

Post by Rainism » May 29th, '09, 02:20

When I was younger, I once watched a drama that inspired my writing hobby. I never got the name of the drama though. Can someone tell me with the information provided, what it was?
-Genre: Historical
-It's the story of a princess and a general or military officer of some sort who had just returned from a successful battle or what not. The princess didn't meet the general at first, but was curious about him and once commented that he had really nice handwriting. Then the princess was forced into an arranged marriage and the general was selected as the head of the forces that would protect her until she got there. Somewhere along the way or before this, she would get a red mark (circular I think) on her wrist and apparently it was supposed to be permanent and some sort of symbol for her status. Along the way, she fell in love with the general, but their love was forbidden? since she was already betrothed. In the end she faked suicide by stabbing herself in the stomach and left to live in a rural area. In the very last scene, you see her washing clothes in a stream and the general walking by. He catches a glimpse of her wrist and sees the red mark and they both appear shocked/surprised to see each other. She drops her laundry into the stream :) That's all I remember. :D I don't have any names or pictures (except for pics in my brain) I don't know the ending or opening song. I know that I watched about 10 years ago as it was being broadcasted on cctv-4 in the evening. I don't know if it was new then or not.

Tracid

Re: What Is The Name Of This Drama?

Post by Tracid » Jun 9th, '09, 21:24

habukie wrote:Have you ever watched a drama and wanted to watch it again, but you forgot the name of the drama? Or did you catch some it on TV and manage to miss the credits? If that sounds like the case, then this thread is for you. There are no guarantees, but hopefully one of your fellow Chinese drama fans may be able to help you out.

Here are a few tips on what to post if you can:
1. The plot - describe as much as you can, and be as specific as possible.
2. The name in another language
3. The names of any of the actors. Or maybe you don't know the name, but maybe you've seen them in some other drama.
4. Post a picture
5. The place of origin (China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore); and perhaps the station it aired on
6. Ancient or modern
7. Name of theme song (i know it's a long-shot, but still...)
8. Year of production, or maybe decade, if it's older
9. Any other information that may be helpful.

Good luck! :-)
1. A warrior dressed in all black with exceptional martial arts and sword skills but walks with a cripple/limp in his left or right leg, I don't quite recall which, but it was very distinct as he drags the cripple/limp not in a 5 toes forward motion but the cripple/limp foot from big toe to heel is 180 to the direction he's going (gah this is all I remember) he kicks ass and take names in this wuxia genre series.
5. I think its China or Taiwan, not sure
6. Ancient
7. It sounds like 在水一方by Teresa Teng
8. late 80's early 90's (that's not helping is it? :()

Feel free to delete if this post is failure.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Jun 10th, '09, 02:27

Probably "The Black Saber" or "Bian Cheng Lang Zi". This guy tried to avenge his stepfather by the order of his stepmother. His step mother gave him a black saber with which he should kill all people listed in a list.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60640.htm

jetsan_supreme

Drama about the Japanese Occupation...

Post by jetsan_supreme » Jun 25th, '09, 05:43

I am having difficulty finding a drama I saw while in Henan province. It was on one of the local Henan stations (in both Luoyang and Zhengzhou) in 3-hour chunks from 7:00pm to 10:00pm approximately. I figure it is either a series or a miniseries.

I am afraid I could not catch the title (which is long) or the actors and actresses. But here is what I know:

The show is NOT Lurk (Qian Fu) but very much like it,
The main character (hero) is a man with glasses who has a deep voice. He works for the resistance (I could not tell whether Guomindang or Gongchangdang but I assume Gongchangdang).
There are two other men in this resistance group, one has a beard and moustache and is quite reckless by the looks of it. The main character shoots him in one episode I saw. The other seems to be a kind of doctor but is emotional.
There are three women in this group. One wears a cowl-like shawl and seems to be in love with the bearded man. Another defects to the Japanese and goes crazy, helping them with their biological experiments. The third is young and often wears a blue uniform with a worker hat.
The Japanese consist of an old colonel? who is the commandant of the area, a scientist who is very weak-willed and easily frightened, a crazy scientist who seems to love cats, and a junior officer to the colonel who does his bidding. Later, a general? arrives and orders the colonel around.

The basic plot of what I saw was thus (I came in the middle somewhere). It began with the group running from the Japanese, while the woman with the shawl (the main woman I think) was very sick. The main character and the soon-to-be-crazy-woman got separated from the main group. At this point, the main character has a bandage around his head. They were captured, and the rest hid in some kind of farmhouse where the shawl woman was nursed back to health by the doctor and the beard man (she might have been poisoned). Meanwhile, the main character and the defecto woman get interrogated, and the woman cracks and agrees to work for the Japanese. The main character eventually pretends to crack and dresses up in Japanese uniform. He goes out and shoots the bearded man. The shooting and the shawl woman's subsequent grief is very drawn out and dramatic, so I imagine a main plot point. Meanwhile, the defecto woman is working with the weak-willed scientist to develop some kind of sinister weapon. It does not end up working, and she eventually dies in a gory fashion.

That's as far as I got, and I know it was not the end - that was 3 3-hour episodes.

As I say, very much like Qian Fu, but definitely not the same show.

I'm sorry I can't remember any more, especially because my Mandarin is weak. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

jetsan_supreme

Post by jetsan_supreme » Jun 25th, '09, 05:47

Oh, and this was definitely a Chinese production, Beijing dialect as far as I could tell. The cinematography indicates it was made post-2000. The cinematography actually kind of reminds me of CSI - dark blues and reds with dramatic shadows.

I saw it on the week of May 17, 2009.

shampoo1987

Who is it??

Post by shampoo1987 » Jun 26th, '09, 16:25

Hi! I was wonderin who was this actor...

Thanks

acidbristle

Post by acidbristle » Jun 26th, '09, 16:26

abe hiroshi

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Jun 26th, '09, 16:29

is that the guy in dragon zakura??^^

shampoo1987

Post by shampoo1987 » Jun 26th, '09, 16:34

Thanks!! I was wondering where did I see this guy... Dragon Zakura!!
Thanks! Now I can go to sleep :P

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 26th, '09, 16:45

Since you're asking about Hiroshi Abe :-) check out his drama Shiroi Haru. Its one of the better dramas his season.

Kerye

Post by Kerye » Jul 15th, '09, 19:18

I'm thinking of getting back into watching dramas, so I remembered this drama that I saw a couple of times, but I have no idea what it's called. I've tried look through the DramaWiki as well as several pages of this thread, but I haven't found anything yet.

I remember that it was shown during the Beijing Olympics, since I was at my grandparents' apartment in Beijing at that time, and I remember watching it with my dad. I don't recall what channel though.

I don't remember the plot very clearly, and this may have gotten mixed up with some other unknown dramas that I've watched, but what I remember:

There are two girls and two guys. The two girls are best friends, I think, and the two guys aren't really associated with each other friendship-wise, I don't think. One of the girls is rather poor, like her father sells stuff at the subway station for a job. Both the guys like this girl, and one of them is rich (I don't remember about the other one). The poor girl likes the rich guy, and she lies to him about who she is in terms of wealth and all. The other guy also likes her, but the other girl (the best friend) likes him, so she's jealous of her friend.

I think the poor girl is a flight attendant, and she goes to this island for something, but I don't remember the circumstances surrounding this. At one point, the "other guy" punches the rich guy.

In another part of the series, I remember a scene where the other guy and the best friend girl are at the beach or shore or something, and he says something about still liking the poor girl or something like that.

I have a feeling that part of this is getting mixed up with other dramas that I've watched, but hopefully some part of it sounds familiar to someone? Thanks. :)

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 15th, '09, 19:31

Kerye wrote:I'm thinking of getting back into watching dramas, so I remembered this drama that I saw a couple of times, but I have no idea what it's called. I've tried look through the DramaWiki as well as several pages of this thread, but I haven't found anything yet.

I remember that it was shown during the Beijing Olympics, since I was at my grandparents' apartment in Beijing at that time, and I remember watching it with my dad. I don't recall what channel though.

I don't remember the plot very clearly, and this may have gotten mixed up with some other unknown dramas that I've watched, but what I remember:

There are two girls and two guys. The two girls are best friends, I think, and the two guys aren't really associated with each other friendship-wise, I don't think. One of the girls is rather poor, like her father sells stuff at the subway station for a job. Both the guys like this girl, and one of them is rich (I don't remember about the other one). The poor girl likes the rich guy, and she lies to him about who she is in terms of wealth and all. The other guy also likes her, but the other girl (the best friend) likes him, so she's jealous of her friend.

I think the poor girl is a flight attendant, and she goes to this island for something, but I don't remember the circumstances surrounding this. At one point, the "other guy" punches the rich guy.

In another part of the series, I remember a scene where the other guy and the best friend girl are at the beach or shore or something, and he says something about still liking the poor girl or something like that.

I have a feeling that part of this is getting mixed up with other dramas that I've watched, but hopefully some part of it sounds familiar to someone? Thanks. :)
I know this one. Ive seen it. Give me a minuite. It seems you described the plot from various episodes (beginning to near end).

However there are some Contradictions:

THere are 2 girls and two guys, but both girls and guys arent paired up as friends.
Guy1 and Girl1 aren;t very rich, Girl1 is a flight attendant, GIrl2 and Guy2 work at an Airport.
Guy1 sells stuff in a subway entrance.
Guy1 and Girl2 so sit at a beach and talk.

This is a K,Drama, but you were watching it in beijing... so I'm guessing it was a chinese drama.
Last edited by pn0yb0i on Jul 15th, '09, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 15th, '09, 19:37

Attachments
Selling stuff in a subway?
Selling stuff in a subway?
snapshot20090715123553.jpg (62.01 KiB) Viewed 21893 times

Kerye

Post by Kerye » Jul 15th, '09, 19:45

That sounds really similar to the drama that I watched, but I don't think it's the same one, since I watched it in Mandarin and I don't recall it being dubbed. =/

Thanks though! :)

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 15th, '09, 19:54

yeah well unfortunately I dont have alot of experience in C.Dramas. Only one iv'e seen but never completed was Magicians of Love. :unsure:

mereniko

Who is she?

Post by mereniko » Jul 25th, '09, 05:47

Came across this chick on this j-drama banner, so I figured...probably a japanese actress? Anyone know who she is? She's mighty fine.

piii

Post by piii » Jul 25th, '09, 21:34

for me she looks like hwang mi hee, i'm pretty sure it's her ...
looks like her, hm ...

especially her eye-makeup and the hair style make me sure of it, it's her~ ...

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jul 25th, '09, 21:44

Big boobs...

OMG THAT BANNER IS FULL OF MISTAKES

KAMEN RIDER DECADE ISNT A ANIME NEITHER A DRAMA ITS A LIVE ACTION KIDS SHOW, I wont think hentai would be involved...

Think? I know for sure since i watch those shows. Also rescue hero isnt Manga but the same kinda show as Kamen rider

sungie

Post by sungie » Jul 25th, '09, 21:50

Karate-ka wrote:Big boobs...

OMG THAT BANNER IS FULL OF MISTAKES

KAMEN RIDER DECADE ISNT A ANIME NEITHER A DRAMA ITS A LIVE ACTION KIDS SHOW, I wont think hentai would be involved...

Think? I know for sure since i watch those shows. Also rescue hero isnt Manga but the same kinda show as Kamen rider
lol You're reading the banner wrong XD
There are four sheets and "latest j-drama" is currently selected.

Anyway, I agree with piii. It looks like a Korean model Hwang Mi Hee (황미희). Especially as she had a photoshoot with clothes like those.

piii

Post by piii » Jul 25th, '09, 21:53

didn't see the photoshoot with these clothes but it sure is her face ... and these boobs ... no mistake!! xD~

aahhhh, now i get the banner, i aso thought it was wrong xD ...

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 25th, '09, 22:51

lol I like how J-Drama = all Asian dramas.

mereniko

Post by mereniko » Jul 25th, '09, 23:02

Ah, thanks a lot everyone. Appreciate your help.

sungie

Post by sungie » Jul 25th, '09, 23:57

Puppet Princess wrote:lol I like how J-Drama = all Asian dramas.
lol

And the best thing is, Hwang Mi Hee isn't even actress.

Zero Requiem

Post by Zero Requiem » Jul 30th, '09, 22:14

Zero Requiem wrote:I'm looking for this one vampire series where it starts out in ancient times, but the hero and villain of the series were turned into vampires and lived for thousands of years and the series shifts to modern time. It was made around the mid-90's and I think the villain of the show was a female, and that's about the only things I remember. It's not My Date with a Vampire trilogy, but the premise of the show is a lot like it.

Edit - Another Question:

Nobody knows? =(

GREY_CVN

DRAMA WITH GIRL PROTAGONIST

Post by GREY_CVN » Aug 1st, '09, 07:12

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TITLE OF THIS CHINESE DRAMA? IT'S ABOUT A GIRL (WITH A THREE PONYTAIL STYLE HAIR OR SOMETHING) WHO SECRETLY LEARNS MARTIAL ARTS BEHIND HER FATHER BACK. DON'T REMEMBER WHY BUT SHE AND HER FATHER HAS A STRAIN RELATIONSHIP. SHE SLEEP ON HER SIDE WITH HER HEAD RESTING ON TWO FINGERS AND HAS A NANNY. AS I REMEMBER MANY PEOPLE TAUGHT HER MARTIAL ARTS, BUT I I THINK THERE WERE TWO MEMORABLE GUYS THAT WATCHED OVER HER TOGETHER. SHE LATER WINS OVER HER FATHER. I BELIEVE THAT THERE WAS ALSO A SEQUEL TO THIS SERIES. PLEASE HELP ME!

purple*princess

Post by purple*princess » Aug 1st, '09, 14:35

Zero Requiem wrote:
Zero Requiem wrote:I'm looking for this one vampire series where it starts out in ancient times, but the hero and villain of the series were turned into vampires and lived for thousands of years and the series shifts to modern time. It was made around the mid-90's and I think the villain of the show was a female, and that's about the only things I remember. It's not My Date with a Vampire trilogy, but the premise of the show is a lot like it.

Edit - Another Question:

Nobody knows? =(
It's not Louis Koo in the gif. The drama is a Taiwanese drama called "Qing Long Hao Han" (青龍好漢).

nunmul

Re: old chinese drama?

Post by nunmul » Aug 14th, '09, 06:06

babehcee wrote:I'm a bit new at this forumn stuff :/
Anways,
There was this chinese drama I watched when I little, and I have been trying to find it...not really having much luck lol
It starts out in "heaven" where they are have a party for...the main goddess I think? There were these two girls fighting, I don't remember why, but the evil girl's dog (idk if it was a dog) dies at the same time that the other girl is weakened and about to die. The guy that has the antidote decides to same the girl (who he ends up falling love with) and the evil girl is in love with him also. So then this interrupts the party for the main goddess...and the rules of "heaven" is that you are not allowed to fall in love...so to punish the guy and the girl that was saved by him, she send them down to earth to be reincarnated and if they fall in love, then they will prove that they were meant to be or something like that. The guy gives the girl his red handkerchief before they had to go through this portal like thing. The evil girl gives the other girl a powerful slap as she was entering the portal, and then she also entered the portal herself.
So, now on earth. the girl is born with a big red birthmark on her face, and she later meets the boy and they start to fall in love with each other, and the evil girl comes between them, of course this is all in their "new life" and they don't recall any memory of each other...and that's all I remember.
I think it's either a chinese or hong kong drama.
6. Ancient
8. It's an older drama.
I hope someone knows it ^-^

i'm looking of the same drama!! help anyone!!

yanyan2003

Post by yanyan2003 » Aug 17th, '09, 18:00

I watched a series a while ago, maybe like 1 to 2 years ago, but I'm not sure when it was made though. Anyways, I'm pretty sure its a Mainland drama. It starts off with the main guy on a boat and sees the main girl drawing a picture. That's how they meet and they end up falling in love with just a few encounters. However the guy already has a girlfriend and the girl also has a fiance. The main guy's girlfriend is a designer, i believe and the main girls finance is the head of some company. They decide to return and tell their bf/gf that they fell in love with someone else. She goes to find him and happens to arrive when he was at dinner with his girlfriend and their family. He leaves the dinner as quickly as possible and the girlfriend gets suspicious and follows him and sees them together. She refuses to let him go and before he could decide to leave her, she gets cancer. Therefore he decides to stay with her and the main girl goes back to her finance who also does not want to let go. In the end, the finance and the girlfriend decides to let go, and they have a happy ending. Oh and the girlfriends dies from the cancer.

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Sep 4th, '09, 07:24

Can anyone help me identify this actress/gravure idol from Teioh? Thanks.

DreamyAspirations

Post by DreamyAspirations » Sep 15th, '09, 06:24

Okay. So you guys are my last hope. There's this wuxia drama that i watched when I was a kid (in the '90's) that i really liked and would like to watch again but I haven't got the slightest clue what it was.

I think Damian Lau is in it, maybe. He's a sifu master who lives up in the mountain (a really snowy mountain) who trains this one girl who was never allowed down the mountain.

I think some guy comes up to the mountain tries to convince Damian to teach him, but in the end I don't remember what happens but after the guy leaves, Damian dies and the girl goes down from the mountains in search of the guy.

I think that's only a subplot an a very small portion of the series too. but it's the only thing that I remember. Can anyone help??

Hailie

Post by Hailie » Sep 19th, '09, 11:36

yanyan2003 wrote:I watched a series a while ago, maybe like 1 to 2 years ago, but I'm not sure when it was made though. Anyways, I'm pretty sure its a Mainland drama. It starts off with the main guy on a boat and sees the main girl drawing a picture. That's how they meet and they end up falling in love with just a few encounters. However the guy already has a girlfriend and the girl also has a fiance. The main guy's girlfriend is a designer, i believe and the main girls finance is the head of some company. They decide to return and tell their bf/gf that they fell in love with someone else. She goes to find him and happens to arrive when he was at dinner with his girlfriend and their family. He leaves the dinner as quickly as possible and the girlfriend gets suspicious and follows him and sees them together. She refuses to let him go and before he could decide to leave her, she gets cancer. Therefore he decides to stay with her and the main girl goes back to her finance who also does not want to let go. In the end, the finance and the girlfriend decides to let go, and they have a happy ending. Oh and the girlfriends dies from the cancer.
ou ran?
watch it here: http://www.tudou.com/playlist/id/5416724/isRenhe=1

cdennisalex

Post by cdennisalex » Oct 8th, '09, 05:28

about uchiyama rina, hows she doing now??? i really like her in moto kare and strawberry cake.... can i ask anyone if they can give advice me, how to buy directly japanese dvd movies without the huzzles...................cdennisalex :cheers:

Aerithpureheart

Post by Aerithpureheart » Oct 8th, '09, 19:12

Hello, I remember watching a chinese ancient drama where the main protagonist man meets a young woman who turns out to be a bird or in other words she can transform into a bird or vice versa transform into a woman.

They fall in love and I don't remember if they marry but the young woman stays with him but then another woman interferes and I'm not sure if she drugs/bewitches him or something but the man begins to ignore his wife (the bird woman who is completely devoted to him) for the other woman who is manipulative and evil. Then, the mother goddess of all the birds (? not sure about this part) of the bird woman forces her to make a decision since he is unfaithful to her.

If she chooses to save his life...she can no longer transform into a human and she will be stuck in bird form forever. But if she chooses for him to die...she can still transform back and forth between being a bird and human girl. In the end she chooses to spare his life and she is forever trapped in bird form. He lives and she continues to watch over him in her bird form.

Thank you so much if anyone knows about this drama. I remember it was so sad and I'd like to watch it again.

quandary

Post by quandary » Oct 10th, '09, 02:58

Kohinata Fumio. This guy is certainly no teen heart throb, being, it seems, endlessly 40ish, but he gets a lot of work because he can do anything. Fatherly type, to criminal, to heartless corporation chief, to buffoon, comedy to serious drama, he can do it all. He always seems to be just the right choice for the part he's in, the mark of a great actor.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 11th, '09, 07:43

terence_hideyoshi wrote:
rossie8785 wrote:I like Mizukawa Asami

She plays a lot of small-and-almost-unnoticed roles in dramas such as: Pride, Detective Conan: Challenge Letter to Kudo Shinichi, and bigger roles at nodame Cantabile and Last Friends. But she's kinda eye catching. I love her in Nodame Cantabile. Looks like she was in some movies too.

Name: 水川あさみ
Name (romaji): Mizukawa Asami
Profession: Actress
Birthdate: 1983-Jul-24
Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Height: 163cm
Weight: 43kg
Star sign: Leo
Blood type: AB

Ahh.. and one more.. the little girl plays as Sakurai Ann in Oh! My Girl! Who is she..? Anybody can tell me? She also played in Yamada Taro Monogatari as one of Taro's sister. She's very cute..
This actress really plays play well in Iryu: Team Medical dragon. I really like her role in the drama.
In shinku she kiss Horikita Maki on the mouth....Image

menaine

Post by menaine » Oct 13th, '09, 22:07

here mine:

# Name (romaji): Daito Shunsuke
# Profession: Actor
# Birthdate: 1986-Mar-13
# Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
# Height: 182cm
# Star sign: Pisces
# Blood type: A
# Talent agency: Top Coat

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Daito_Shunsuke

screencaps from crows zero II

screencaps from futatsu no spica

xliafy

Post by xliafy » Oct 23rd, '09, 04:41

Hey everyone!

I remember watching this drama when I was really young and at the time I remember how obsess I was over it. These days I'm remembering scenes from that drama and would love it if someone can help me find the tittle to it.

I remember there was three parts to the story. It was a trilogy although each part was not exactly related to each other. Just same characters, but with a different set of problem. Anyways, this is a wuxia drama cause i remember a lot of those fighting. The main guy is super good at it and there is this girl that is always with him cause she is part of the group. She can't fight, but she's really smart. Anyways in the first two parts the guy ends up falling in love with different girls and not that girl. She likes him but never says anything. In the second one, the girl he liked died in his arms or something. In the third and final part of this series, near the end he loses his fighting abilities and him and his group got trapped in this forest that was designed for people to have a hard time to get out. They go in because there was a person living in the forest that could help him regain his abilities. But apparently there was no hope because certain points were broken (something like that). The girl secretly learns to fight and at night pretends to be a thief so that one of the person in their group would fight her. She did it because she wanted to find out a certain move? There was another scene where the guy was lying on the bed and he stopped breathing. She told the other person in the room that was with her to get the lady of the place/forest and you see her kissing the guy. When the lady came in, she said she was just trying to save him and she leaves. In the end the two finally gets together.

I know my bits and pieces of this is kinda vague, but it was more than like 10 years ago. Can't seem to remember much of it-- except the girl was really pretty! Although I don't think she did much acting afterwards and in one of this show i saw about catching up with old stars, her appearance had changed quite a bit.

Thanks to anyone who could help me with this! I would appreciate it so much if u managed to find the title! Will love you forever =] !! THANKS

Edited on: 12/21/09
I found it~! It's called "Bodyguards"
Last edited by xliafy on Dec 21st, '09, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

snwhiterose

Post by snwhiterose » Oct 27th, '09, 04:16

dysenchanted2
Total posts: 1
Gender: Unknown Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:34 pm Post subject: Post Rating: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's this drama that I was in love with as a child and I want to find it again... but I was so little at the time that I completely forgot the name by now. I think it was pretty popular I'm just really want to finally figure out the name. Much thanks if you can help out!!!

1. The plot - describe as much as you can, and be as specific as possible.
Okay so this is just what I remember of the plot from when I watched it when I was 5 or 6 years old so some things might be iffy. And since it was from then I didn't remember any of the characters' names so please bear with me.

- there was a group of four girlfriends.
- the main female plays piano and sings at a club.
- she falls in love with this saxophone player.
- he gets drafted in a war.
- one of her girlfriends goes to be a nurse in the war.
- while he's gone someone else tries to win her love but fails.
- there's a scene where she hears the sounds of the saxophone and thinks that her boyfriend is back but she's disappointed because it's only the other guy.
- one of the other girlfriends falls in love with the the other guy.
- they end up married later on.
- meanwhile the war has ended by the main character's boyfriend still hasn't returned.
- turns out for some reason he feels indebted to this blind girl who needs a wheelchair. (she might not be blind... i'm not positive on this)
- he tries to leave, but doesn't have the heart to.
- the blind girl is really sick and coughs a lot and she's in love with him.
- the blind girl dies and the guy returns.
- the main character is performing in a concert when she hears the saxophone accompanying her and she realizes the guy is back and she starts to cry.
- they have a "special" song that they like to play. a waltz or something like that.

5. The place of origin (China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore); and perhaps the station it aired on
I watched it while in FuZhou, China... so I'm not sure channel that would be. Also I watched it in the period of time from 1993-1995 (not sure exactly when) so I think that's about when the show began to air. I know it was still playing (because I saw an episode when I visited China again) in 1997

6. Ancient or modern
Modern

7. Name of theme song (i know it's a long-shot, but still...)
A song with piano and saxophone... I think it's something the characters composed. It's some sort of waltz (i think)

8. Year of production, or maybe decade, if it's older
1993-1995, still playing in 1997

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL HELP!!!

It's called I Have a Date with Spring.

treecock

name that drama?

Post by treecock » Nov 10th, '09, 19:16

Trying to remember a drama that aired in Japan on Christmas Eve 2006 (or possibly christmas night). I think it was either a one off, or an SP, but that's all I know! Surely there can't have been too many dramas airing on those 2 nights. Any help? Just a list of drama titles with those air dates would be perfect. Thanks :)

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Nov 10th, '09, 20:23

If you could give more info that'd be great.
What channel?
Do you remember an actress/actor name? Character name?
Do you remember the storyline approximately?
I'm sure if you can provide info on one or more of these questions, it'll be a lot easier to find.

treecock

Post by treecock » Nov 10th, '09, 20:39

lol, sorry, that's my big problem, I only saw about 3 seconds of it, literally. Just, for some reason, I feel like finding out what it was and watching it. I think it was probably a love story, with the main character a woman. And POSSIBLY a scene in front of a fountain outside a hotel or something like that. Of course, that may be something I've sightly misremembered. Thanks though

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Nov 10th, '09, 20:56

Ok. That's gonna be tough to figure out :/

Matschgal

Post by Matschgal » Nov 10th, '09, 22:15

The only thing I could think of was Waraeru koi wa shitakunai, but it wasn't aired exactly on Christmas day and had 3 episodes D:

adiafora

Post by adiafora » Nov 11th, '09, 01:38

I've searched internet a bit and that's what I've found:
Kamisama Kara Hitokoto - tanpatsu aired on 24th around 8PM
Nodame Cantabile - last episode of this series
The Skies of the Rising Half-moon - last episode of this series drama
山村美紗没後10年特別サスペンスドラマ京舞妓VS狩矢警部~乱れ傘の舞殺人事件 - some special drama, unfortunatelly it doesn't have and dramawiki page and I'm too sleepy to translate the title..
お宝デイズ - the last episode of series, if I remember correctly

Those are probably not all dramas aired on 24th or 25th December 2006, but maybe among them there's a drama you're looking for.

Goodnight

BrazinBox

Any Info would be appreciated!!

Post by BrazinBox » Nov 27th, '09, 07:02

OK, I've posted this question out quite some time ago and using some more info, I've narrowed my search down a bit. The drama is called, in english Surrender to the Nieve Girl. It was a broadcasted on iaTV here in the states quite some time ago(although the series was aired in 2006) and the main actor/actress were :

Liu Ye and Chen Jia Ni

according to yesasia.com

Now, my problem is I cant find the bloody translated version of this series, was it that unpopular? I just want to finish seeing it since the broadcasting was all over the place when it was aired and it was my first drama! Its what drew me into the world of asian dramas, and yet I've yet to see the whole series, or even the first few,and last episodes!! YARG!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

And thanks to kaguya for providing me info that first time.

asnowman

need help finding the name of a drama...

Post by asnowman » Dec 5th, '09, 08:27

so.. i remember watching this drama a few years ago.. and it was really sad.. and I kinda wanna watch it again.. but i don't remember too much about it...

i know for a fact though.. that one of the characters has pink hair.... which is kind of unusual.... so... if anyone who reads this knows any dramas with people with pink hair.. please reply with the name of that drama......

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Dec 5th, '09, 17:15

The only Drama that comes to mind is the Korean Drama "Wonderful Life." In the drama Eugene borrows her sister's pink wig to go buy a pregnancy test. You can read about it on dramawiki. It was a nice drama. It's how I fell in love with Lee Ji Hoon!!!!

heerowings

help needed to find the name of a drama

Post by heerowings » Dec 5th, '09, 17:27

Hi, there's this drama that I watched some years ago. I only remember brief details about it and I cannot seem to remember the name. Please help me to find the name of this drama.

Details that I remember:

It's a Japanese drama

It's about this group of woman ( 5 or 6 ppl) who happen to work in a department that no one needs. They do cleaning and changing of light bulb work. I remember that they do wear white and blue uniforms.

The women in the department:

There's a woman with the ability to see the future.

There's another woman who speaks a lot of languages

I remember that their leader had long straight hair and she's rather tall.

That's all I remember, please help me find the name of this drama. I would like to watch it again, thank you very much.

runpup

Post by runpup » Dec 5th, '09, 18:16

Shomuni

sweetanna

Shomuni

Post by sweetanna » Dec 5th, '09, 19:24

The three seasons are on the JEM tracker, though they are not currently being seeded.

They are available for direct download, though.

PM me for more information.

pHats

Help Identifying !!!

Post by pHats » Dec 17th, '09, 23:16

can anyone help me identify this ?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Dec 17th, '09, 23:28

Looks like The GazettE fanart to me.
The GazettE is a Japanese alternative metal band.
Last edited by Puppet Princess on Dec 17th, '09, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Hyrrokkin

Post by Hyrrokkin » Dec 17th, '09, 23:28