*FAQ Threads & Locations* (Comments/Suggestions)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

*FAQ Threads & Locations* (Comments/Suggestions)

Post by jholic » Apr 27th, '05, 01:30

Announcer: So have you noticed anything new about the site??

Little Boy: No, mister. I've been too busy downloading dramas off the Torrent Page. What's new?

Announcer: It's bigger! It's badder! It's the new D-Addicts Mega-FAQ!!

"That's right, folks! The D-Addicts' Moderators, Information Technology (DAMIT) have teamed up and re-vamped some of your favorite threads! Tired of reading the same old FAQ? Already know the site backwards and forwards? Here at DAMIT, we know this, so we've asked our research department to come up with some DAM innovative ideas for combining and consolidating the FAQ threads."

The D-Addicts Mega-FAQ (Your Launch Pad to D-Addicts!)
This FAQ combines all the other FAQs and gives you an overview of d-addicts

The General Forum FAQ
In case you have never been on a forum before, this is for beginners to learn what a forum is and what you can do by registering

SOTW/SOTM - What is it? How does it work?
Gives you an overview of a DAMIT original: Series of the Week and Series of the Month systems

Tweaking Bittorrent
An old thread moved to the General Bittorrent section - good for n00bies to refer to

D-Addicts Video/Torrent FAQ
The granddaddy FAQ. A lot of DAM answers can be found here.

Creating/Uploading Torrents & Making Proper Comments
If you upload torrents (or planning to), this is a great thread to read.

Little Boy: But, mister. I'm so busy, why do I want to read through these things?

Announcer: Well, it may contain some new information that you've never read AND if someone asks a common question on the forum, you'll want to know which thread to refer them to!

Little Boy: But some of those threads are sooo long. And if it's posted by that jholic guy, it's probably soooo boring!

Announcer: You're probably right about the jholic part, but there's other benefits to reading these threads: improved memory and knowledge, faster downloading speeds, getting your subtitles to play, not getting your azz banned and threads locked. it's also known to prevent cavities, reduce hair-loss, and increase muscle growth. Is d-addicts right for you?? DAMIT thinks so. Here's some of our customers' testimonials:

brand_n00: "The General Forum FAQ really helped me. I was clicking on threads all day, and I never knew I had to register to reply!!"

my_dlspeed_sux123: "My torrents were crawling. Some DAM guy pointed me to the Tweaking Bittorrent thread, and my downloads are a thousand times faster!! Thanks, DAMIT!"

ultim8t_seeder: "My life was cold, dark and lonely. I tried casual seeding, but I still felt empty. Then I found the SOTW/SOTM thread and asked to be a volunteer seeder. Now, my seed relationships last longer, and are fulfilling and worthwhile."

uploadNEthing: "I always wondered why my South African dramas with subs for the Australian Outback Pygmies were being deleted. Ten minutes with the Uploading Torrents thread and all my questions were answered. Now, I only upload asian dramas for DAMIT."

sl0w_m0: "Everyone laughed at me cuz my bandwidth was so small. Women would pm me to stop seeding them. It wasn't until I read the Torrent FAQ that I realized what I had been doing wrong. Now, my bandwidth is bigger and my pm box is always full of requests!"

dangkuang: "After reading the guidelines in the Mega-FAQ, I've had less threads locked, and I finally approached that girl. No more lonely Saturday nights for me! DAMIT changed my life."

krys93872493: "FAQ? I thought it was just a dirty word, but after listening to some DAM suggestions, I see a new light. Trolling's just a thing of my past."

k-holic: "jholic's posts kept bugging me. I tried everything: Post-it notes to block the monitor, White-Out on the screen, stress-relieving music, etc. Nothing worked. Then DAMIT showed me the IGNORE button. Now I go online with a smile on my face."

jholic: "hi there. i'm not only the post-whore of DAMIT, i'm a member too. d-addicts was a nightmare for me at first: i tried downloading with four firewalls and three routers - none of which was configured, i kept seeing animetama's avatars and i wanted gouge my eyes out with a plastic spoon, i always downloaded "forbidden love" and "pretty girls" cuz i thought it was something else, i had no one in my 'friend of' list, etc. i thought things would never get better. but then the D-Addicts Mega-FAQ came out and, now, my d-addicts experience is fantastic! DAMIT, it's worth it!"

(any person or character resembling a real or virtual person is purely coincidental.
:mrgreen: )
Last edited by jholic on Jun 2nd, '05, 00:54, edited 6 times in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 27th, '05, 01:31

ok, all kidding aside.....

check out the new threads, and just skim through it. any comments? suggestions? questions? additions/deletions?

just keep in mind that the FAQ is for FREQUENTLY asked questions. if you think we missed something, let us know.
Last edited by jholic on Jun 2nd, '05, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 27th, '05, 01:40

:lol DAM(n)IT jholic, you should write ads or commercials cuz I'd buy whatever you were selling with this kind of sales pitch. Those satisfied customers' testimonials sure convinced me :P

Did want to say I'd been noticing people posting questions about subtitling here and there. Maybe have a thread explaining the basics of what subbing involves, for people who're interested but don't know where to start or look for help? Just a thought.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 27th, '05, 01:57

That's just hilarious jholic. :lol But it was time the FAQ was revamped, good job! :-) I'm still skimming though the new FAQ, so I'll add any comments or suggestions later.

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Apr 27th, '05, 02:04

Is d-addicts right for you?? DAMIT thinks so.
LOL.

You've made my day/week, kudos for you. :lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 27th, '05, 11:14

thanks for the feedback. :P let me know if you find an errant link or anything else.
Calcifer10000 wrote:Did want to say I'd been noticing people posting questions about subtitling here and there. Maybe have a thread explaining the basics of what subbing involves, for people who're interested but don't know where to start or look for help? Just a thought.
that was a tough one. i also noticed that subtitles have been a hot topic lately, and we do address a few of the questions in the "video/torrent faq", but there's so many different possiblities. with the 'subtitle', 'fansub', and 'support' sections, i think we're doing pretty good. do you have a particular 'frequently asked question' that you think we should address? if so, i'm pretty sure we can work it into the faq. :-)

thanks again!

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Apr 27th, '05, 11:39

:lol
Great way of selling the FAQs to newbies, jholic. :-)

I think the best way for newbies to start using d-addicts is to send each newbie that signs up for an account an email and private message that not only welcomes them to d-addicts, but at the same time, provide a link to the FAQ so that they can find answers to questions really quickly. How does that sound? :idea:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 28th, '05, 08:44

yt_toshi: glad you enjoyed the comments. interesting idea. but that would have to be done by Ruro, not by me. :P

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Apr 28th, '05, 09:26

yt_toshi wrote::lol
Great way of selling the FAQs to newbies, jholic. :-)

I think the best way for newbies to start using d-addicts is to send each newbie that signs up for an account an email and private message that not only welcomes them to d-addicts, but at the same time, provide a link to the FAQ so that they can find answers to questions really quickly. How does that sound? :idea:
:clap: I actually thought the same thing when I saw this thread.
Ruro should give consideration to this idea coz I guess it's the only way to make newbies read the FAQ
oh and good job jholic :thumleft:

apples

Post by apples » May 5th, '05, 09:32

lolz.. liked the way you created the faqs. funny and gives sufficient info. Great job! When I was new, it was hard to actually find the right FAQ (couldn't remember which forum it was in.. kept on mistaking it for the FAQ on the banner). Newbies are given not only info now, but direction to get it. All it takes is a little browsing.

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » May 10th, '05, 08:14

:x .... so that's why you weren't showing up at the 'dance practice' :wink: But, joking aside, you've done an admirable job with the FAQ. Having the FAQ link in the menubar link to the real FAQ is a great move :thumright: . Hmmm, I noticed that c-holic is left out of the testimonials :roll

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 21st, '05, 14:11

thanks for all the kind words. glad it got some attention while i was gone.

apples

Post by apples » May 22nd, '05, 04:37

shouldn't this thread be stickied? it should be on the very top of all threads or else some newbies will miss a very helpful thread.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 22nd, '05, 11:58

apples: this thread was actually just to let everyone know that we had revamped the faq's. i didn't want to crowd the stickies in the 'gen disc' section. guess if i modify my first post it wouldn't be too bad to keep it stickied.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 25th, '05, 05:54

despite this sticky (and yt_toshi's sig file), people are still missing the FAQs. guess i'll sticky this again. :P

(yeah, like it's gonna help....)
Last edited by jholic on May 25th, '05, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

apples

Post by apples » May 25th, '05, 07:28

it was a good post.. i had a good laugh too.. so i thought it should be stickied. anyway, it'll probably help somehow. *trying to be very very positive here*

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: *New FAQ Threads & Locations* (Comments/Suggestions)

Post by lilswtangel » May 25th, '05, 08:15

jholic wrote: dangkuang: "After reading the guidelines in the Mega-FAQ, I've had less threads locked, and I finally approached that girl. No more lonely Saturday nights for me! DAMIT changed my life."

jholic: "hi there. i'm not only the post-whore of DAMIT, i'm a member too. d-addicts was a nightmare for me at first: i tried downloading with four firewalls and three routers - none of which was configured, i kept seeing animetama's avatars and i wanted gouge my eyes out with a plastic spoon, i always downloaded "forbidden love" and "pretty girls" cuz i thought it was something else, i had no one in my 'friend of' list, etc. i thought things would never get better. but then the D-Addicts Mega-FAQ came out and, now, my d-addicts experience is fantastic! DAMIT, it's worth it!"
:rofl: :rofl: buahahhahahah!!! oh jholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor tama!!!!

i nearly choked with laughter after reading your post.

and as for this new Mega-FAQ thread, yet another great idea by you wonderful mods. now the newcomers can't complain when someone gets irritated with support questions in the wrong threads.....since for some odd reason the obvious "support forum" seems to be invisible for the drama-starved people. :pray:

now i wish i was new to D-A's all over again just for the hell of it~

great work, dudes and dudettes!!!! :thumright:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 25th, '05, 11:01

apples: certainly need people with a positive attitude such as yours. thanks for suggesting to keep it a sticky.

angel-chan: glad you caught the 'dangkuang' joke. if he reminds you of someone, it's purely coincidental. :glare:

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: *FAQ Threads & Locations* (Comments/Suggestions)

Post by techie » Jan 8th, '06, 11:38

jholic wrote:sl0w_m0: "Everyone laughed at me cuz my bandwidth was so small. Women would pm me to stop seeding them. It wasn't until I read the Torrent FAQ that I realized what I had been doing wrong. Now, my bandwidth is bigger and my pm box is always full of requests!"
Ok ... you convinced me... its gonna cost me £125,000 (about $250,000) a year but I'm getting an OC-3 after this....

maybe then I can get a date with Vicki too :D

Joking aside, I did put a suggestion in the general suggestions to add the FAQ to the mandatory passthrough for newbies.

I think it may be needed.

ryoko293

Post by ryoko293 » May 28th, '06, 16:41

I have to make a remark about your d-addicts wikipedia page, where do I post? :lol

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » May 28th, '06, 22:34

ryoko293 wrote:I have to make a remark about your d-addicts wikipedia page, where do I post? :lol
here

ryoko293

Post by ryoko293 » May 29th, '06, 07:03

Ruroshin wrote:
ryoko293 wrote:I have to make a remark about your d-addicts wikipedia page, where do I post? :lol
here
thanks for pointing that out XD

forevergirl

Post by forevergirl » Mar 18th, '07, 18:56

I have a suggestions , why dont u realease a asian movie also?..coz i've been noticed u only released drama's?...hope u considerate this suggestion.. thank u d-addicts..

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 20th, '07, 03:35

we had a rather lengthy discussion on why movies are not allowed on DA:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_4629.htm

gothicnemo

question

Post by gothicnemo » Nov 30th, '12, 17:27

where can I request seeding for sapuri eps by nya?

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Nov 30th, '12, 17:40

gothicnemo, you already requested seeds in the forum.

Why do you ask again?
You need to be more patient, I think.
Sometimes it takes quite some time for seeds to show up.

GrimDark

Post by GrimDark » Sep 19th, '13, 01:30

Could I make a polite suggestion for uploaders who are kind enough to upload a batch of a series to always include "Complete" or "Batch" in the title? Several posters do put Complete Batch in the title, but many more do not, this has meant I have missed catching more shows than I care to remember which have since been hit and run and which I could also have helped to seed.

I just thought this was genuinely worth mentioning here as it is imho an issue that should be dealt with and could easily be adopted across the board.

Many thanks to all who share here : )