Low resolution with frame at top and at right

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
JackBauer2424

Low resolution with frame at top and at right

Post by JackBauer2424 » May 19th, '15, 02:30

Why do they do that? I appreciate the English subtitles, but if the orig source video was low res, I prefer no frames. If the vid was centered, at least I can zoom on the HDTV to fill the screen and not have the big frame, but it's flush to the bottom right corner or bottom left corner. I'm also a bit worried the frame images might burn into my HDTV. It wouldn't be as bad if the frames were pitch black.

Quite a few 360p or 480p vids were pretty ok quality on HDTV. I'm guessing if someone's watching via iPhone 6 Plus or tablet, the frame makes it even harder to read the subtitles, but I'm guessing if no frame, vid would stretch to fill the screen.

Ais

Re: Low resolution with frame at top and at right

Post by Ais » May 19th, '15, 21:50

Can you get a screenshot what you mean? I honestly don't get what you mean regarding the "frame" at top and at right? Huh?

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » May 19th, '15, 23:09

Take a 8.5x11 ltr sized sheet of paper, then take a 5x7 index card (pretend the index card is the actual video) and stick it on top of the ltr sized paper flush to one of the bottom corners. Hunter Sono Onna Tachi was like that.

Ais

Post by Ais » May 21st, '15, 00:44

Where do you watch? Hopefully, you're watching them offline and getting at the right sources. In any case, can you link a download link? Nyaa and AsiaTorrents doesn't seem to have it. And it's best to more or less contact the fansubbers who provides those releases so that they would know.

But, as I google searched HUNTER~Sono Onnatachi, Shoukin Kasegi~, results gave me streaming sites. Youtube at least, the video is not like that. As for DailyMotion, I see now what you mean ROFLMAO! I kind of understand now HAHAHAHA Hopefully, I hit the mark what you mean here HAHAHAHA

In my experience, it's more apparent for me in most variety shows (unsubbed) that have been uploaded on streaming sites. Streaming is not something most JDrama fansubbers would want in the first place. Though that's streaming. Streaming is something, I, personally, don't watch (heck, if I do watch streaming, I download the video itself so that I can also watch them offline; technically anyway, streaming is still downloading the video to cache in the first place).

Now for the reason some uploaders do that in streaming: They do that because it won't get taken down by video crawling automated applications provided in stricter streaming sites like youtube, dailymotion, etc that have algorithms to detect watermarks, theme sequences, etc, etc. They have to be taken manually instead, but that's more or less harder and time consuming for most companies that actually own the title.

In the end, I would highly suggest just get offline files. Get what the fansubbers themselves released or the videos they recommend, instead of streaming the videos where the fansubbers had no intention to upload to those sites, and only third party people uploaded them (mostly to get moolah from what fansubbers like us that work the title for free).