Japanese drama about bullying

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Ziza_prvni

Japanese drama about bullying

Postby Ziza_prvni » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi!

This year I'm going to write dissertation about Image of bullying at high schools in Japanese dramas which were airing after year 2000. Can I ask you for a little help? I found some dramas where students or teachers were bullied but I doubt that's all of them. So can you recommend or suggest me some japanese drama where bullying at high school was involved? It can be theme of whole drama or just one episode. And genre can be whatever you think of - drama, comedy, romantic etc. :-)

This is my current list: LIFE, Hana yori dango, Yankee bokou ni kaeru, 35sai no koukousei, Gakkou no kaidan, Kazoku Game, GTO, Kingyo Club

Thanks mate for your help! I really appreciate it! :thumright:

zenith777

Re: Japanese drama about bulling

Postby zenith777 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:59 pm

I think, 35-sai no Koukousei is the most suitable one :P
Another recommendation might be Gokusen
This time, the "bullying" happened from student towards teacher
First Season : The story of a young, idealistic teacher who enters Shirokin Gakuen with hopes of making a difference in the students' lives. However, Yamaguchi Kumiko (Nakama Yukie) is in for a rude awakening when she finds that she will be the homeroom teacher of 3-D, the hardest class to maintain in the school. The students have multi-colored hair, sloppy uniforms, and show absolutely no respect to her. The leader of the class, Sawada Shin is lazy but bright and shows some interest in Yamaguchi when he notices that she is very different from other teachers. The students try to bully her to make her quit, but their attempts don't get them very far.

What the class and the rest of the school does not know is that Yamaguchi Kumiko is actually the 4th generation heir to the Ooedo Group, a notorious yakuza clan. Even though her family would like her to take the title of Ojou when her grandfather dies, they have accepted the fact that Yamaguchi would rather be a teacher.

Eventually, the students learn to respect their quirky teacher because of her devotion to them, and even give her a nickname: Yankumi.

Another one might be [Majisuka Gakuen, but it's much more about highschool fighting among clans, so I'm not sure this one would be appropriate :whistling:

thebluepanda

Re: Japanese drama about bullying

Postby thebluepanda » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Livejournal: thebluepanda; Community: Kataomoi no Aji
Currently subbing: Chanpon Tabetaka
Completed subtitle: Sumika Sumire, Chou Gentei Nouryoku, Orange, Koe Koi, Litchi Hikari Club, Kenja no Ai, Jinroh Game: Beast Side.

forweg

Postby forweg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Definitely Life.

whiteadamas

Postby whiteadamas » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:53 pm

3 nen B gumi Kinpachi Sensei 6
Jigoku shoujo
Last edited by whiteadamas on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

BBOvenGuy

Postby BBOvenGuy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:02 am

slassagne

Postby slassagne » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:10 am

I second the recommendation of "Watashitachi no Kyokasho" - an excellent drama.

"Joou no Kyoushitsu" is also about bullying in a way (about a teacher's strategy to prevent it). It's just an outstanding drama, so worth seeing in any event.

Ziza_prvni

Postby Ziza_prvni » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:24 am

Thanks for you recommendation! I guess I have to watch more high school dramas. :roll If you anybody have any new suggestion just let me know please. :-)

bluepanda21 wrote:I really want to recommend Blackboard ~Jidai to Tatakatta Kyōshi tachi~! / Burakkubōdo ~Jidai to Tatakatta Kyōshi tachi~! but it set in junior high. :-(

Maybe I can talk to my teacher and then I can use this drama, too. I watched it and it's really good, especially the part with Matsushima Nao - maybe that part will be good for my dissertation. :D

axeroth

Postby axeroth » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:51 am

try Kazoku Game

renzoku

Postby renzoku » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:43 am

fobdstn

Postby fobdstn » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:44 am

The best show I have seen involving bullying is Ao to Shiro de Mizuiro. It accomplishes in a single episode what all these other series attempt to do in multiple episodes. (And it does it so much more effectively)

I don't believe the show was ever posted on D-Addicts, but it is available on Bitsnoop. If you need me to seed then PM me.

uedajirou

Postby uedajirou » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:34 pm

Some of the recommendation is really bad, imho like gokusen and kazoku game.
My recommendation will be LIFE and Jyoou no Kyoushitsu (top notch acting, story, etc). If you still have time, you may try 35sai no Koukousei (tbh the acting of the students are horrible, with exception of Yonetan and maybe Nomura Shuhei. But the story is gold. Gokusen-like but with no cheesy scenes. ) and Watashitachi no Kyokasho as well, but most of japanese highschool dramas with idols on it arent good. That includes Kazoku game (this is based on a japanese story released long time ago. but the story is quite good but quitr similiar to Jyoou no Kyoushitsu, poor acting by lead male cast==> too bad, but the rest has top notch acting). Some of them are even out of question (Nobuta wo produce... )

Return to “General Discussions”