Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help? (take 1) [DISCONTINUED]

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
chamcham
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 4:03 am

Postby chamcham » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:40 am

I know this sounds weird, but there should be a place for this discussion thread that is outside of d-addicts.com. If all of d-addicts is eventually taken down, this thread disappears too.

Is there are IRC channel or some other place where people can continue this discussion (in case this site goes down)?

Taido
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:26 am

Postby Taido » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 am

@chamcham

chamcham wrote:Btw, will the wiki.d-addicts.com still be updated regularly?
It really helped me decide what to watch each season.

If not, there needs to be something like it.


It's not our intention to replace wiki (as some other feautures of this site), this will stay as is. We'll only redirect from the new site.

We're still in need of moderators, administrators etc.

A lot of input has been provided :notworthy: please share your thoughts! :cheers:

Soon we will provide an update :salut:

kangxy67
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:12 am

Postby kangxy67 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 am

I've never been one before, but I definitely can give it a shot at being moderator.

kathy81
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:26 am

Postby kathy81 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:27 am

I have around 5TB of Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese dramas and even Thai larkorns. So i can help with uploading. Cheers.

cindy25
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

Postby cindy25 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 am

chamcham wrote:I know this sounds weird, but there should be a place for this discussion thread that is outside of d-addicts.com. If all of d-addicts is eventually taken down, this thread disappears too.

Is there are IRC channel or some other place where people can continue this discussion (in case this site goes down)?


d-addicts should be safe as it no longer has a torrent part, but a back-up blog would still be a good idea, if only in case of technical problems. there are many free blog sites such as free-forum.net that can be set up in minutes.

b1gtym1n
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:02 am

Postby b1gtym1n » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 am

I have a small amount of J-TV torrents I could contribute. Mostly Tunnels and random specials of shows. Around 30-40 episodes/specials that I could upload and seed.

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:48 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby huyie » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:43 am

An idea that was brought up via discussions elsewhere was using Tribler, so that there is no centralised website that would host the stuff as such.

User avatar
whiteadamas
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 am

Postby whiteadamas » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:48 pm

A server from Ukraine would be safe

meong
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:58 am

Postby meong » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:30 pm

This is my first time post.
I can help on programming part. I've been building website and mobile application in my current job. I familiar with python and javascript.
Just PM me if there any parts i can help. :)

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 pm

lordnigelkeavy wrote:Erm, if we reuse all the old torrents, they will all match back to the old announce servers, not any new ones. And we should exactly match the torrent file back to the drama file, or I think it will go wrong.

Don't know about you, but I don't save the torrent files with the files I download. If people can accurately match the two, OK, but not sure it will happen for old dramas.

Modifying the announce/tracker list does not affect the torrent hash. There are plenty of utilities to edit multiple torrents at once.

Using the old torrents is preferrable because it's the only way to guarantee the validity of the files. Very few people bother to keep any type of file verification for their downloads. Files from direct download sites/Clubbox/etc may be corrupt or become so during download.

User avatar
amrayu
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2208
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:30 am
Location: South Bay
Contact:

Postby amrayu » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:43 pm

I'm willing to help with any of these positions below :)
1. Programmers. - I have front end experience at my real life job. We should bootstrap to make this a quick turnaround.
2. Admins - I have some experience being an admin here on D-addicts and SARS-Fansubs (forums, sites, IRC)
3. Mods - Same as above
4. archiveteam - Archiving torrents? or Dramas?
5. Uploaders and other people who would like to contribute what they have stored on their drives. - I have lots of dramas! Been collecting since high school. As a bonus, I also fansub. ;-)
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

User avatar
lordnigelkeavy
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Postby lordnigelkeavy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:50 pm

saigo_x wrote:Using the old torrents is preferrable because it's the only way to guarantee the validity of the files. Very few people bother to keep any type of file verification for their downloads. Files from direct download sites/Clubbox/etc may be corrupt or become so during download.

Understand, but how many of the old torrents are still alive (alive = someone has it active in their client and I can connect to it and get the file)? 50%? 40%? Less? Getting a 50% dead ratio on a site that has been going for 10 years - I'd sigh, but accept it. 50% dead on a new site - why would I come back?

'Using the old torrents is preferrable because it's the only way to guarantee the validity of the files' - erm, disagree. The only to guarantee it to generate the torrent fresh with the files you want to seed. Old torrents will help the newbies and give us a huge starting number, but only a 'yay' if most of them work.

KoikeRika
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Postby KoikeRika » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I can help upload! I would LOVE to help! :D I have TONS of dramas on my computer and External Hard Drive!

Can I also ask a question I am trying to figure out what the tracker for kickass.torrents is. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Inami
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 pm

Postby Inami » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:22 pm

if some one can help me upload i would be happy to help. and of course i can help seed. Inami

AyoYura
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Postby AyoYura » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:55 pm

amrayu wrote:I'm willing to help with any of these positions below :)
1. Programmers. - I have front end experience at my real life job. We should bootstrap to make this a quick turnaround.
2. Admins - I have some experience being an admin here on D-addicts and SARS-Fansubs (forums, sites, IRC)
3. Mods - Same as above
4. archiveteam - Archiving torrents? or Dramas?
5. Uploaders and other people who would like to contribute what they have stored on their drives. - I have lots of dramas! Been collecting since high school. As a bonus, I also fansub. ;-)


Great, the more support the better. Taido will contact you ASAP if he hasn't already.

******* Development Updates *******

For those who would like to check on the site's progress can do so here http://d-addicts.tumblr.com

We'll be updating the blog every time progress is made.

Regards,

****
Quick Teaser on what is to come https://coalgirls.wakku.to/torrent-listing

kototama
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Postby kototama » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Thank you guys for your hard work. I restored some old j-dramas or even new K-dramas, few movie, videos and so on so if there's a gap I will try to help as much as I can!!!

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: Europe

Postby Sorvaseven » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 pm

AyoYura wrote: For those who would like to check on the site's progress can do so here http://d-addicts.tumblr.com

We'll be updating the blog every time progress is made.


Thank you :cheers:

karyuudo
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 am

Postby karyuudo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:08 pm

AyoYura wrote:
amrayu wrote:I'm willing to help with any of these positions below :)
1. Programmers. - I have front end experience at my real life job. We should bootstrap to make this a quick turnaround.
2. Admins - I have some experience being an admin here on D-addicts and SARS-Fansubs (forums, sites, IRC)
3. Mods - Same as above
4. archiveteam - Archiving torrents? or Dramas?
5. Uploaders and other people who would like to contribute what they have stored on their drives. - I have lots of dramas! Been collecting since high school. As a bonus, I also fansub. ;-)


Great, the more support the better. Taido will contact you ASAP if he hasn't already.

******* Development Updates *******

For those who would like to check on the site's progress can do so here http://d-addicts.tumblr.com

We'll be updating the blog every time progress is made.

Regards,

****
Quick Teaser on what is to come https://coalgirls.wakku.to/torrent-listing


I'm liking that teaser.

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:15 pm

lordnigelkeavy wrote:Understand, but how many of the old torrents are still alive (alive = someone has it active in their client and I can connect to it and get the file)? 50%? 40%? Less? Getting a 50% dead ratio on a site that has been going for 10 years - I'd sigh, but accept it. 50% dead on a new site - why would I come back?

Making old torrent files easily accesible will encourage people to share older releases. Many potential seeders will not bother to create their own torrents anytime they want to share old files. We've had this debate before when the tracker was shutdown.
lordnigelkeavy wrote:'Using the old torrents is preferrable because it's the only way to guarantee the validity of the files' - erm, disagree. The only to guarantee it to generate the torrent fresh with the files you want to seed. Old torrents will help the newbies and give us a huge starting number, but only a 'yay' if most of them work.

You misunderstand. There has to be a method to validate the files to make sure they are 100% complete and uncorrupted. If you have people start making new torrents from their own personal (unverified) files I guaranteee you are going to see problems. I can point to examples here and on other index sites of torrents that contain corrupted files.

wakopin
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 6:13 pm

Postby wakopin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:39 am

You rock amrayu!!! Thanks for all your subs!!!
:w00t: Happiness and light!

cindy25
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

Postby cindy25 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:27 am

I would like to suggest that any new site have a daily listing of What's on tonight, classified by country. starting with Korea and Japan, with Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan eventually.

tboune
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:50 am

I would like to help, but I am an end-user.

Postby tboune » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:24 am

I would like to help.

I have absolutely no programming abilities.

I know how to download and seed from this site. I know where to find subs if they are not on this site. Most of my stuff is Korean.

I would like to help the sub'ers with grammar. But I don't know how to enter the subs. I tried once on Viki, but I got confused.

I have two semesters of Japanese and still know more Korean from watching the dramas.

I don't know where else I would be of use to you; Please feel free to make suggestions.

Teresa

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2788
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:12 am
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Postby bmwracer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:11 am

amrayu wrote:I'm willing to help with any of these positions below :)
1. Programmers. - I have front end experience at my real life job. We should bootstrap to make this a quick turnaround.
2. Admins - I have some experience being an admin here on D-addicts and SARS-Fansubs (forums, sites, IRC)
3. Mods - Same as above
4. archiveteam - Archiving torrents? or Dramas?
5. Uploaders and other people who would like to contribute what they have stored on their drives. - I have lots of dramas! Been collecting since high school. As a bonus, I also fansub. ;-)

wakopin wrote:You rock amrayu!!! Thanks for all your subs!!!

Amrayu is the best. :salut:
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:36 am

amrayu wrote:I'm willing to help with any of these positions below :)
1. Programmers. - I have front end experience at my real life job. We should bootstrap to make this a quick turnaround.
2. Admins - I have some experience being an admin here on D-addicts and SARS-Fansubs (forums, sites, IRC)
3. Mods - Same as above
4. archiveteam - Archiving torrents? or Dramas?
5. Uploaders and other people who would like to contribute what they have stored on their drives. - I have lots of dramas! Been collecting since high school. As a bonus, I also fansub. ;-)


i would love to have your dramas collection :wub:

User avatar
walrus45
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 pm

Postby walrus45 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 am

super pumped to see this is already being worked on.

Oroko
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Postby Oroko » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 am

I have quite a few series, I'll probably be able to see.

Also, have an okay amount of disposible income. I'm more than willing to put some to good use if need be. I was going to donate to Asiatorrents, but I'd rather see a new D-addicts.

icha_micha
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:34 am

Postby icha_micha » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:25 am

Hi! I was, am, and going to be an uploader.
This discussion thread shows us though, lots of ppl don't know how to upload there own stuff. I think it's really necessarry to create a transparent faq section for those willing to share there stuff.
I agree, security goes first but I find closing the new community for the preveleged ones a bad idea. There are many ppl who share just for a short period of time but the amount and popularity will make it successfull.
Anyway, everyone willing to share there love to Doramas can count on me.
Cheers!

cindy25
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

Postby cindy25 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 am

icha_micha wrote:Hi! I was, am, and going to be an uploader.
This discussion thread shows us though, lots of ppl don't know how to upload there own stuff. I think it's really necessarry to create a transparent faq section for those willing to share there stuff.
I agree, security goes first but I find closing the new community for the preveleged ones a bad idea. There are many ppl who share just for a short period of time but the amount and popularity will make it successfull.
Anyway, everyone willing to share there love to Doramas can count on me.
Cheers!


u torrent has a tutorial , as do most of the private torrent sites. it would be easy to copy from those.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: Europe

Postby Sorvaseven » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:38 am

AyoYura wrote:Quick Teaser on what is to come https://coalgirls.wakku.to/torrent-listing

The teaser looks good, but please add on the new site the options to sort the torrents: Top seeding / top leeching and the other way round. That would be very helpful and easy to see which files need more seeders. Or something like that :D Thanks again for your efforts!

acerswap
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 am

Postby acerswap » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 am

No sorting options, no search options. Looks really fine (where can I get that template?), but in case of having over 1k torrents, loading the page will be like hell.

User avatar
bitrogue
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Postby bitrogue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 pm

I have about 5TB of dramas, mostly JDrama and CDrama that I can contribute. I have a dedicated 1TB for seeding torrents, so I can help to kickstart some content.
I mostly have older stuff though, because through the lens of time, its easier to identify the really good and popular dramas. I struggle to identify good recent dramas until they are at least a year or 2 old.
While I'm pretty busy with my day job, I can offer some assistance as a Unix and DBA admin. However web content delivery is not really my strong point so I'm not sure how helpful I can really be. But happy collaborate if you need a second pair of eyes on a problem.

Just some thoughts going forward:
My suggestion is to go for a private or semi-private tracker (I think this was already mentioned before, so I support this). The copyright police usually buy themselves into your ISPs. Thats why its usually your ISP serving the take-down notices. So for this reason I'd really like to see the new site pushing privacy and encryption in order to mask detection from local ISPs snooping your up/downloads. VPNs work great but I think more can and should be done if we want our beloved hobby to last as long as possible. Almost ALL modern torrent clients now support encrypted data and trackers, and I think this should almost become mandatory in this day and age.

Also, just thinking of the design intention, will this new site be operated independently to the current DA site, or will the forums here be referring to and integrating with the new site. Or perhaps another way of looking at it, DAddicts will still run the forums and dramawiki, but the new site (while not officially affiliated) will really be the unofficial official torrent hosting site for DA? Or will the new site start building a completely new community?
Last edited by bitrogue on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h1pp0
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:05 am

Postby h1pp0 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:08 pm

With all this talk of people uploading "old" jdramas I'm going to have to buy a 5TB hdd! I personally found some of the best jdramas were released between 2006-2010 which is when I got into jdramas so I'm really excited about this.

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Same here...

I really need to buy new HDD !!!

Things will be more even better if Heiwa, Sars, TLS and Querbeet willing to reup their releases :w00t: :wub:

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: Europe

Postby Sorvaseven » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:29 pm

VampireXxX wrote:Things will be more even better if Heiwa, Sars, TLS and Querbeet willing to reup their releases :w00t: :wub:

DA is dead - long live DA... like a phoenix from the ashes? :lol

mondphasen
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:07 am
Location: dominican republic

Postby mondphasen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 pm

I have a long time coming to this page, this was my sanctuary. Over the years I have downloaded more JDramas than I can think of and I would gladly help sharing them again :) As someone stated before, it would be useful for every user who wishes to help share their data, to create a file list. That way we would know what we have and what we can offer.

Love this community and look forward to see it revived again :D

Thanks for all the people who are doing this tremendous work to have a site like d-addicts again. Really appreciate it :D

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Sorvaseven wrote:
VampireXxX wrote:Things will be more even better if Heiwa, Sars, TLS and Querbeet willing to reup their releases :w00t: :wub:

DA is dead - long live DA... like a phoenix from the ashes? :lol


DA will live..hopefully :lol

JDo is my life...can't live without it...thanks to everyone at DA and Ruroshin :lol :salut:

kagi88
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:20 am

Postby kagi88 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 pm

VampireXxX wrote:Same here...

I really need to buy new HDD !!!

Things will be more even better if Heiwa, Sars, TLS and Querbeet willing to reup their releases :w00t: :wub:

Maybe this hard drive can hold your dramas?:
10TB Helium Filled Hard Drive
http://www.maximumpc.com/hgst_takes_capacity_crown_10tb_helium_filled_hard_drive_2014
:D

ringi
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 am

Postby ringi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi! I'd like to help in any way I can. I have a select few k-dramas in my laptop and tonnes more in my external hd( but of late, my hd has not been working, I dont know how to retrieve the data)

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:22 pm

kagi88 wrote:
VampireXxX wrote:Same here...

I really need to buy new HDD !!!

Things will be more even better if Heiwa, Sars, TLS and Querbeet willing to reup their releases :w00t: :wub:

Maybe this hard drive can hold your dramas?:
10TB Helium Filled Hard Drive
http://www.maximumpc.com/hgst_takes_capacity_crown_10tb_helium_filled_hard_drive_2014
:D


OMG....10 TB :notworthy:

dunno if my motherboard can read that :pale:

Darn...I need a new pc :blink
Last edited by VampireXxX on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gibonite
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:26 am
Location: France

Postby gibonite » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Hello,

Can help to upload :

-Chase
-My boss my hero
-Priceless
-Slow Dance
-Last Cinderella
-Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
-Trick (season 1-2-3)
-Dragonzakura
-Itsumo Futari de
-Saiko no rikon
-Summer Nude
-Soratobu Kouhoushitsu
-Natsu no koi
-Rondo
-Satorare
-Mou Ichido Kimi Ni Propose
-Manhattan Love Story

Cheers ;)

AyoYura
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Postby AyoYura » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks for all the great ideas! We will our best to incorporate most of your ideas into the new site/tracker.

For those in need of HDD, here is what I use http://www.qnap.com/i/en/product/model.php?II=144

NAS is mostly used for K-Dramas, Asian cinema & Anime.

User avatar
amrayu
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2208
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:30 am
Location: South Bay
Contact:

Postby amrayu » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

VampireXxX wrote:Same here...

I really need to buy new HDD !!!

Things will be more even better if Heiwa, Sars, TLS and Querbeet willing to reup their releases :w00t: :wub:


We've re-uploaded batches of most of our dramas to D-addicts and Nyaa both, so technically they are still alive. :-)
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!

Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

User avatar
lordnigelkeavy
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Postby lordnigelkeavy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:37 pm

saigo_x wrote:
lordnigelkeavy wrote:Understand, but how many of the old torrents are still alive (alive = someone has it active in their client and I can connect to it and get the file)? 50%? 40%? Less? Getting a 50% dead ratio on a site that has been going for 10 years - I'd sigh, but accept it. 50% dead on a new site - why would I come back?

Making old torrent files easily accesible will encourage people to share older releases. Many potential seeders will not bother to create their own torrents anytime they want to share old files. We've had this debate before when the tracker was shutdown.
lordnigelkeavy wrote:'Using the old torrents is preferrable because it's the only way to guarantee the validity of the files' - erm, disagree. The only to guarantee it to generate the torrent fresh with the files you want to seed. Old torrents will help the newbies and give us a huge starting number, but only a 'yay' if most of them work.

You misunderstand. There has to be a method to validate the files to make sure they are 100% complete and uncorrupted. If you have people start making new torrents from their own personal (unverified) files I guaranteee you are going to see problems. I can point to examples here and on other index sites of torrents that contain corrupted files.

OK. I do still have 2 questions:
1) I'm a new user searching for a 2009 drama and I find DA2. I download the torrent, but there are no seeders because the only people who have copies are not a member. Why should I come back to DA2 if all it will give me are dead torrents? We need to weed out the inactive torrents or we won't encourage new people to spread the love.
2) You say you only want verified files. Presumably,that means only files that were previously uploaded here. You don't want all the dramas that people have got from other sites? That's a bit restrictive as not all uploaders used DA. I know that we don't want to spread corrupted copies, but most potential uploaders will have watched the drama they are offering. Maybe we could have some sort of reporting system, so if someone gives out a corrupted file, we know about it and can action it (somehow). I don't think we should take DA1 as the one and only true source of dramas and everyone else is somehow 'not worthy'

User avatar
tenkal
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 am

Postby tenkal » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:27 pm

I use http://torrenteditor.com/ to verify for seeds & peers for any inconspicuous torrents and if I find the same torrents, each with different/multiple trackers, I merge them using that website. If DA-2 implements its own tracker, you can use that site to add new trackers into existing torrents instead of making new torrent.

uedajirou
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Postby uedajirou » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:41 pm

tenkal wrote:I use http://torrenteditor.com/ to verify for seeds & peers for any inconspicuous torrents and if I find the same torrents, each with different/multiple trackers, I merge them using that website. If DA-2 implements its own tracker, you can use that site to add new trackers into existing torrents instead of making new torrent.

Would you like to help uploading older (as well as new episode) of variety shows like London hearts in the new site?
Thanks :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :salut: :salut: :salut:

User avatar
tenkal
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 am

Postby tenkal » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:17 pm

uedajirou wrote:Would you like to help uploading older (as well as new episode) of variety shows like London hearts in the new site?
Thanks :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :salut: :salut: :salut:


I only have mostly youku 622x1024 [MQ] rips for around 2012-2013 and most of pre-2012 episodes are in 360-480px[LQ].. I'll make a list of my owarai collection public and only upload the ones in demand, I'm rather hesitant to share the LQ-MQ ones. Btw have you got any HD for LonHa pre-2013 preferably, PM me if you do.

koshonin
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Postby koshonin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:20 pm

I just signed up because of this...

first of all: a long overdue thanks to all the uploaders, subbers and all those who kept this site going.

here my 2ct

1. I would suggest, for the time being to just set up a simple php-script/db on a freehoster until an alternative is stable (so the files are not scattered everywhere) uploader permission could be handled via PM here, to keep it simple.

2. I have a database of ~50k torrents (hash, uploader, drama_type, drama_title, size...)
and am currently downloading the respective torrent files
( jdrama and j-tv should be complete, the rest(k-hk-sg..) were collected since some time ago)
I would be willing to share it to a project that is open to all.

3. IRC: #exdicts @ irc.rizon.net or #exdicts @ irc.efnet.org

uedajirou
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Postby uedajirou » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:38 pm

tenkal wrote:
uedajirou wrote:Would you like to help uploading older (as well as new episode) of variety shows like London hearts in the new site?
Thanks :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :salut: :salut: :salut:


I only have mostly youku 622x1024 [MQ] rips for around 2012-2013 and most of pre-2012 episodes are in 360-480px[LQ].. I'll make a list of my owarai collection public and only upload the ones in demand, I'm rather hesitant to share the LQ-MQ ones. Btw have you got any HD for LonHa pre-2013 preferably, PM me if you do.

I think my Lonha 2012-2014 is pretty complete (maybe >80% of them),
but for 2011, I only have september 2011 onwards.
Since I obtained them from d-addicts, there are variation of quality,
but I am sure most of my collections also MQ/LQ.
I hope you will share Lonha episode pre-2012 and also the upcoming 2014 episodes.
Thanks a lot:wub: :wub: :salut:
(Dont you mind sharing sources where you obtain Lonha episodes thru PM? Thanks
:salut: :salut: . I have downloaded perfect Dark, but i am confused as how to use it)

To be honest, 360p is enough for me to enjoy owarai shows, so yeah...

ajb_advance
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: fukuoka

Postby ajb_advance » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:32 pm

I'm getting the vibe that with all the enthusiasm and the opportunities to implement a more secure system this initially shocking turn of events might well turn into a very good thing for the longer term future of sharing asian TV. Looking forward to follow progress (and have 4TB to add to sharing pool).

User avatar
gubule
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Location: Good old Europe
Contact:

Postby gubule » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 am

Hello,

I would gladly contribute to a new website, I could upload / seed a few dramas ( 30~40 titles ) currently stored on my seedboxes,

Here is a very "rough" list of the files that I might have on a couple of seedboxes. I would need to check if those are complete / uncorrupted files and if there are no limitations from the initial uploaders . Main source : d-additcs & asiatorrent :
[spoiler]Begin Japanology
BIG
BOSS
Higashino Keigo Mysteries 1~11 Complete
Jungle Fish
Mukashi no Otoko

Best Partner
BOKURA NO YUUKI
Brand
Dakishimetai
Dakishimetai Specials
Eko_serial
Keizoku 2 SPEC
Kimi no Tame ni Dekiru Koto
Koi no Katamichi Kippu
Koi wa Aserazu
Koukou Nyushi (2012) Complete [Hardsubbed] TOKKAN
Nerawareta Gakuen (1982)
Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta
TOKIO ~chichi e no dengon~ (complete) [STORMY team sub]
Zutto Anata ga Sukidatta (1992)
Nocon Kid

Kanojotachi no Jidai
Family Outing
Zoku Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi

Dokushin Kizoku
Double Tone
Gekiryuu
Good Job! UTB TV Rip
Hanamura Daisuke
Haru Ranman
Hiatari Ryoukou (1982)
Itsuka Mata Aeru
Lipstick
Perfect love
Subarashiki Kana Jinsei (1993)

Ashita ga Aru Kara
HERO S02
Hirugao
Trot.Lovers.1080p
Risou no Kekkon
[/spoiler] I also have about 2 TB of asian related media ( dramas & variety shows, mostly Japanese and Korean ) on my PC. I might help seeding those ( and eventually re-upload a couple of oldies if it appears there are not available anywhere ), but my upload bandwidth being limited I can only operate in a supportive capacity for those files.

User avatar
sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA

Postby sensei991 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:52 am

I have close to 900 jdramas titles on my external drives. However, I estimate that only 50% are complete with all episodes since I tend to stop downloading a series if I lose interest in it. Also before I joined DA in 2011, I used ddls from Megaupload so that the file names may be different from the DA versions. And I also changed file names when uploaders were using the Korean titles. Most of my files are 480p resolution since I try to conserve HD space. With those caveats in mind, I am willing to contribute to the project.
Last edited by sensei991 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jackykero
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Between France and the US

Postby Jackykero » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 am

I have zero IT skills so I won't be able to help on setting up or managing the website, but I have a lot of Jdoramas stored on my drives that I'd be happy to upload or seed.

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:42 am

lordnigelkeavy wrote:OK. I do still have 2 questions:
1) I'm a new user searching for a 2009 drama and I find DA2. I download the torrent, but there are no seeders because the only people who have copies are not a member. Why should I come back to DA2 if all it will give me are dead torrents? We need to weed out the inactive torrents or we won't encourage new people to spread the love.


That's what seed requests threads are for. Just becasue it's a new site does not change anything. No one will force new people to seed inactive torrents. Having inactive torrents has no effect on new releases either. If people don't want "inactive torrents", fine, less things for me to seed. It's comments like these that made me give up on the KOTM.

lordnigelkeavy wrote:2) You say you only want verified files. Presumably,that means only files that were previously uploaded here. You don't want all the dramas that people have got from other sites? That's a bit restrictive as not all uploaders used DA. I know that we don't want to spread corrupted copies, but most potential uploaders will have watched the drama they are offering. Maybe we could have some sort of reporting system, so if someone gives out a corrupted file, we know about it and can action it (somehow). I don't think we should take DA1 as the one and only true source of dramas and everyone else is somehow 'not worthy'


I don't understand how you keep twisting my words. "Not worthy"? Where did you even get that? Not even going to bother replying anymore. :roll

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:45 am

koshonin wrote:2. I have a database of ~50k torrents (hash, uploader, drama_type, drama_title, size...)
and am currently downloading the respective torrent files
( jdrama and j-tv should be complete, the rest(k-hk-sg..) were collected since some time ago)
I would be willing to share it to a project that is open to all.

Excellent. :notworthy:

Nodof
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:43 am
Location: USA

Postby Nodof » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:59 am

My upload speed sucks

User avatar
tomzero
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:15 am

Postby tomzero » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:12 am

Sorvaseven wrote:
AyoYura wrote:Quick Teaser on what is to come https://coalgirls.wakku.to/torrent-listing

The teaser looks good, but please add on the new site the options to sort the torrents: Top seeding / top leeching and the other way round. That would be very helpful and easy to see which files need more seeders. Or something like that :D Thanks again for your efforts!


Yes, it would be great if the site could show how many seeders/leechers on a torrent. There were a few old, dead torrents on d-a that i never was able to complete.

kichigaisensei
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Postby kichigaisensei » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:25 am

Please someone tell me how I can help. I've been able to download a lot from DA over the last few years. I've never deleted a thing (although I may not be seeding it all due to technical problems with my client). I'm willing to share it all...if I only knew how...

raiona
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Postby raiona » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:30 am

it's been long since D-addicts been one of the main source of RAWs for my MQ encodes. If there's a new site coming, although I don't have the HD RAWs in my HDDs anymore but I'm willing to post all the MQ encodes I've been done till now for doramax264 for the new site. D-addicts's done a LOT for me...now, it's my time to pay, even if that looks like a few drops of water into a huge ocean! best of luck to the hard-working peoples behind the cortain...merry good vibes to you all. ^^* b~

Sabrina Liem
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:50 am

Postby Sabrina Liem » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:12 am

I can help seed a few korean drama that i have. Just hope can build as soon as possible a new site. So hard without this site to download any drama.

User avatar
rarukufan
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:44 am

Postby rarukufan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:11 am

Hey guys, thanks for taking this up. I have a lot of archived Jdrama series and a few Korean ones as well along with some JTV. I'd love to help out in anyway that I can. I love this community and I'll do what I can to help keep it together. :salut:

User avatar
blueeyedwolf
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: on a mission

Postby blueeyedwolf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:11 am

I'm willing to upload series completed by Nya!Fansubs, as well as help seed other series when new site/torrents are available. :salut:

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: Europe

Postby Sorvaseven » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:03 am

Wow, it's great to read all of these supporting intentions.
Today, one week is elapsed since the index is gone.
I really hope the new site will be a success !!!

paigeyin
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:03 am

Postby paigeyin » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Hello everyone!

Well, I have not upload any torrent before, but I can help with seeding. I've some of the old series as well new ones, basically following a few actors/ actresses around. Some in my collections are the really good dramas dated back to 2003 or so. Will help wherever I can.

I am excited to see the new site! ^.^

Lookout1977
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:58 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

Postby Lookout1977 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:22 pm

Ok, count me in. I'm willing to help, I've probably a hundred something series to offer from the time I started getting into dramas (back in 2006 or so): J-Dramas, K-Dramas and a few Chinese and Hongkong Dramas (e.g. Wing Chun). It will take some time to browse through my archive. Maybe everyone who is willing to contribute to the torrent section should send a list oh what she/he has to offer so everything is organized and we don't end up with one series having 10 different torrrents when only one would be necessary. My problem is: due to my work I'm offline for 6 days (not at home) and then I'm online for like 3.5 days so my seeding will end up inconsistend and slow.

I'm not sure if we should really go for a european server (unless it's in Sweden, Greece - but never go for any big country like Germany, France, Spain etc..)

hey9
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:30 pm

Postby hey9 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Everyone in the d-a threads seems to have lists of what they can upload. Why don't we have centralized lists so people can check what does and doesn't need to be uploaded. It would also inadvertently work as an "upload request" list for dramas that don't yet have torrents. It should be editable like a wiki page - everyone logged in can edit it, and it can be reverted back to previous versions.

We could do a list for each year since (at least for jdramas) there can be 100+ dramas released each year. For current year dramas, we could do seasonal lists (Winter2014, Spring2015, etc.).

Something like this:
Image
Last edited by hey9 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toshisan1869
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Postby toshisan1869 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Will love for eternity anyone who will be able to share some taiga dorama T_T
Especially these: Gunshi Kanbei, Mori Motonari , Komoyo ga Tsuji, Takeda Shingen (1988), Toshiie and Matsu (2002) , Aniki, Nagasaki Hankacho (1975), Taira no Kiyomori
I can share many others in return through any file-sharing website, yet I have no possibility to make torrents

User avatar
whiteadamas
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 am

Postby whiteadamas » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:46 pm

If D-addicts will allow their backup torrent section on their Database to be used for the new site, since it's already removed here publicly. This will make the setup of the new site easier, that way you don't have to make new torrents all over again. Only if that is possible.

Inuwashi88
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Postby Inuwashi88 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:36 pm

I can help with uploads.

I don't trust the internet. The saying "everything is available on internet" is a lie. Crackdown of Megaupload and now the wipe of D-A proves it.
Luckily I write every asian drama and movie to DVD/BD I watched (so when zombie apocalyps kicks in I just start my generator and watch my favorites while you eat each other on the streets).

Anyway here is my private list.
It's a short version because I deleted all the movies and statistics and personal data.
Also not every tanpatsu are listed separately.
Some taiga dramas and newer korean stuff are not on it because I still have them on PC but I have every taiga since 2000.

Like I said, I can help with uploads if you need anything from the list but I can upload only after christmas...

PS: best server location is North Korea. No one will be able to shut it down. Ever.

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7561
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Postby Keiko1981 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Inuwashi88 wrote:PS: best server location is North Korea. No one will be able to shut it down. Ever.

That crossed my mind too, but I don't think the leader would be happy about it... And there's the electricity supply as well. Don't want the server to go down every other day. :P
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Ashita no Yakusoku, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

poonk
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:12 am
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Postby poonk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Like some others who've already commented, I have zero technical skills but I have saved almost every single drama (mostly Japanese) I've downloaded for the past 10 or so years, from both here & from ddl sites. So I can help seed, especially some "older" (mostly early-to-mid 2000s on) titles, once a new site is up.

kingofbeer
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:19 am

Postby kingofbeer » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:24 pm

I could probably contribute to your archive. I have about 600TB of korean drama/variety shows. I've uploaded about 1/6 of it to Asiatorrents. My upload speeds are ok. I have a 1gbit upload but i've capped it at 38MB/s. I won't upload transport streams though. I used to upload them on AT but the demand was not there and it was just a waste of time.

garnet07
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 4:18 am
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Postby garnet07 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:25 am

Would like to help with the development/programming side of the site. Since someone is already working on the Back-end, I can help out with the Front-end. Let me know what I can do to help.
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
zenith777
Posts: 801
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Shitsuren no Sekai~

Postby zenith777 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:59 am

garnet07 wrote:Would like to help with the development/programming side of the site. Since someone is already working on the Back-end, I can help out with the Front-end. Let me know what I can do to help.

The more technical people, the better system will be created. More amazing ideas will come from you :D

User avatar
goodpeople
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 am
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Postby goodpeople » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:39 am

Thank you everyone, i am so happy with your enthusiasm. i hope new DA become better site for drama, documentary, variety show forever. because i teach my student about japan and korea from this site.

iteng
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:42 am

Postby iteng » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:52 am

I am not technically inclined but I can help to donate some money to maintain the servers.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest