Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help? (take 1) [DISCONTINUED]

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Demonbane

Post by Demonbane » Dec 15th, '14, 00:21

I'm willing to upload my collection of K-drama. i have a collection of drama's around 5tb big and willing to upload them to the site. all are 720p and come with the sub files. :D

godane

Post by godane » Dec 15th, '14, 02:14

So i found some things that are very rare for the new DA 2.0. Its the KBS News archives going back to 2000. Its very bad video bitrate (like at 100k bitrate i guess).

Anyways i'm putting up on archive.org first.

https://archive.org/details/kbs-news-vi ... 2000-05-15

Thats the morning show on KBS News. There are also i think at least 1 drama show i'm archiving called arena i think. MMS url still works here: mms://vod2.kbs.gscdn.com/vod/1tv/arena/020130.asf

I hope this helps.

PenguPantsu

Post by PenguPantsu » Dec 17th, '14, 16:10

I'm in if any help is needed!

Ach

Post by Ach » Dec 18th, '14, 06:31

now i may sound rough, but i think d addicts disappeared mostly because of Japanese people who came here to torrent.. that's why the main admin of the d addicts got a "letter".

so to avoid the same thing to happen, don't you think we should ban japanese ip?

whiteadamas

Post by whiteadamas » Dec 18th, '14, 06:52

Ach wrote:now i may sound rough, but i think d addicts disappeared mostly because of Japanese people who came here to torrent.. that's why the main admin of the d addicts got a "letter".

so to avoid the same thing to happen, don't you think we should ban japanese ip?

It could be one solution for security, but what about those uploaders coming from there who wants to share, proxy server maybe?

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Dec 18th, '14, 07:06

whiteadamas wrote:
Ach wrote:now i may sound rough, but i think d addicts disappeared mostly because of Japanese people who came here to torrent.. that's why the main admin of the d addicts got a "letter".

It could be one solution for security, but what about those uploaders coming from there who wants to share, proxy server maybe?
AFAIK, Ruhoshin (the admin) never gave a reason why the section was closed.
We are all speculating

I think banning a whole country is never a good idea

Taido

Post by Taido » Dec 19th, '14, 21:28

D-Addicts02 = Asian Addicts

It's Coming Soon Go to website

Taido

Post by Taido » Dec 19th, '14, 21:51

As @koshonin said banning one country is never a good idea and is NEVER a solution!
koshonin wrote:
whiteadamas wrote:

AFAIK, Ruhoshin (the admin) never gave a reason why the section was closed.
We are all speculating

I think banning a whole country is never a good idea
But @Ach it's not uploading (uploaders) causing problems if any it's the content. But DMCA's are not applicable outside US!

ascii

Post by ascii » Dec 21st, '14, 19:30

Taido wrote:D-Addicts02 = Asian Addicts

It's Coming Soon Go to website
I hope everything goes smoothly and the site is online and working as soon as posible.

rarukufan

Post by rarukufan » Dec 23rd, '14, 02:30

Interesting, that you came to that conclusion. Admin did not give a reason for shutting down the tracker aside from doing it for personal reasons.

Banning Japanese IPs, or IPs from any other Asian country for that matter would be counter-productive and unfair to our fellow members in those countries. ...And like Taido said in the initial post of this thread, "ps dear all we need all asian countries uploaders....as well...". So I certainly do not think that banning Japanese IPs could be part of any solution for securing the new site.

Which also brings me to this... Thanks for the new site but one thing to think about. The diversity at D-Addicts is one of the things that has made this community so comfortable, so unique and so rich for a wide range of people from all over the world. I personally have been downloading content in more than one language on DA over the years. While some of the content on DA is more plentiful in some languages than others, DA has made no attempt to favor any content in any one language over the others. I'm hoping the new site will strive to be just as, if not more, inclusive than DA has been over the years. Currently, the new site does not reflect the idea of representing all aspects of Asian cultures freely the way D-Addicts has. So, I already have some reservations about the direction in which the new site is headed. But, there's a lot of potential with a DA 2.0 so I'm hoping these guys can keep things on the right track and deliver a site that is bigger and better but in the spirit of our beloved DA. :P
Last edited by rarukufan on Dec 23rd, '14, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

Saam-chan

Post by Saam-chan » Dec 23rd, '14, 08:55

I really hope that you guys can do a good job!
I am really happy that you people don't give up D-Addicts and try for a new and even better one!

Thats the best christmas gift for me!

Arigatou

cindy25

Post by cindy25 » Dec 23rd, '14, 09:59

it would be stupid to ban Japanese or any other IP addresses. Japanese are needed to be uploaders. most problems probably originate in the USA anyway. Its the American paid sites that are pressuring the Japanese.

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Dec 23rd, '14, 13:05

Oh my Goddess! Banning IPs from some country!!! Moreover from the place which many of us love so much! I'm sorry, but such an act is surely one of the most horrible thing! Internet should be the free space for anybody. No borders please, not anymore!!! Please don't be fooled by some terrible businessmen and politicians... Let's protect our free interconnection!

aressajapan

Is Italian language useful somehow?

Post by aressajapan » Dec 23rd, '14, 14:45

I don't know if it can be usefull but I'm Italian and I can translate from English into Italian.
Let me know.

Alessandra
AyoYura wrote:Greetings all,

We are currently looking for Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and any other international language speakers to help us translate D-A v2.

Please contact us on http://d-addicts.tumblr.com if interested.

Cheers,

Saam-chan

Re: Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help?

Post by Saam-chan » Jan 6th, '15, 22:27

Is there any progress so far ?

Taido

Post by Taido » Jan 9th, '15, 10:25

Dear all we are still in need of more programmers for some coding parts. Please PM or send me an email to: new.d.addicts@gmail

Cheers

mp4soju

Post by mp4soju » Jan 18th, '15, 00:00

i really enjoy how everybody is willing to help and this ahave also moved me to want to participate in this,,,,,,,,

i can help in the uploading aspect most epecially korean series, movies and variety shows ,,i will try as much as possible tp upload all i hav in store

Lookout1977
Germany

Post by Lookout1977 » Jan 18th, '15, 20:28

Well, I can't code or program, but I can take over the german language translation (if you've planned anything like this).

masonhales

Post by masonhales » Jan 29th, '15, 23:27

Just upload all your raws/subbed shows on nyaa.eu under the "Live Action" category. Currently not many people frequent the live action section, but we can change that with our large userbase.

9w2whi

Post by 9w2whi » Jan 30th, '15, 10:19

ganbare... :salut:
will keep cheer for u guys :wub: :wub: :wub:

cindy25a

Post by cindy25a » Jan 31st, '15, 00:14

since there are several Europeans here could the new site also include Italian, German, Swedish series.

the RAWS of these are posted on youtube and elsewhere, but the subs are never made.

roNin

Post by roNin » Jan 31st, '15, 02:58

Cheers folks.. :cheers:

ascii

Post by ascii » Feb 2nd, '15, 04:13

I know this is not the right place but I may get a better response, where can I find the DoA releases? (I really don't mind if is a japanese/korean site) Will be much appreciated.

adv_illusioned

Post by adv_illusioned » Feb 2nd, '15, 07:48

ascii wrote:I know this is not the right place but I may get a better response, where can I find the DoA releases? (I really don't mind if is a japanese/korean site) Will be much appreciated.
TorrentGUI (private tracker) but you're going to need an invite

dong712

Post by dong712 » Feb 12th, '15, 20:13

I'm willing to help as a programmer, hope isn't too late. :salut:

scrt

Post by scrt » Feb 15th, '15, 04:33

Hi,
Why re-invent the wheel when there are torrent sites that have been existed for quite some time? For example, Piratebay, Demonoid, Kickass to name a few. They have the resources and experience to handle situations.

Now that we have a place for torrent and link at those site. We just need to make that information available thru a sister site or in that torrent site. A sister site would not mention torrent link since it is not a torrent site. It is a blog on what is happening with asian film and what those torrent site might contain. For example, a list of japan film with subtitles at that torrent site (piratebay for example).

Storage sites for files whereby it can be access by viewers. Of course, the owner should be invisible due to respect for the law and to be law abiding.

This posting is for education purposes. It is not posted to encourage any illegal activity. It is posted to encourage information on torrent that have the rights to be shown in a foreign country. Free speech encourage support and respect to copyright law distribution rights. Again, this posting is for education purposes

whiteadamas

Post by whiteadamas » Feb 15th, '15, 05:44

scrt wrote:Hi,
Why re-invent the wheel when there are torrent sites that have been existed for quite some time? For example, Piratebay, Demonoid, Kickass to name a few. They have the resources and experience to handle situations.

Now that we have a place for torrent and link at those site. We just need to make that information available thru a sister site or in that torrent site. A sister site would not mention torrent link since it is not a torrent site. It is a blog on what is happening with asian film and what those torrent site might contain. For example, a list of japan film with subtitles at that torrent site (piratebay for example).

Storage sites for files whereby it can be access by viewers. Of course, the owner should be invisible due to respect for the law and to be law abiding.

This posting is for education purposes. It is not posted to encourage any illegal activity. It is posted to encourage information on torrent that have the rights to be shown in a foreign country. Free speech encourage support and respect to copyright law distribution rights. Again, this posting is for education purposes
That is currently the situation now.

Taido

Post by Taido » Feb 17th, '15, 22:38

Hi for any updates on our progress please visit:

http://d-addicts.tumblr.com/

Cheers :w000t:

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Russia

Post by Avallac'h » Feb 18th, '15, 03:27

Taido wrote:Hi for any updates on our progress please visit:

Cheers :w000t:
May be I'm stupid, but I do not see anything on this site. Only one comment in feedback section.
And it didn't changed for months, when you gave this link first time.

mikilove13
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by mikilove13 » Feb 18th, '15, 04:41

Avallac'h, you can click the right corner of the page for the updates or use this

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Russia

Post by Avallac'h » Feb 18th, '15, 06:57

mikilove13 wrote:Avallac'h, you can click the right corner of the page for the updates or use this
Thank you.
Looks like I'm stupid after all.:)

jboy71

Post by jboy71 » Feb 19th, '15, 23:42

hey guys good luck with that

is there anyway to access the torrents from the old d-addicts at the moment? or does anyone know any sites with japanese drama torrents? thanks

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 19th, '15, 23:45

jboy71 wrote:hey guys good luck with that

is there anyway to access the torrents from the old d-addicts at the moment? or does anyone know any sites with japanese drama torrents? thanks
Bitsnoop.

ringo1

Post by ringo1 » Feb 20th, '15, 04:17

Hi

I can help with seeding.

But my collection is not that extensive as I started collecting maybe a month back. Kinda new.

:cheers:

Post by 22 » Feb 23rd, '15, 01:59

you all hav my support - just say where i can upload the j-dramas i hav :cheers:

efletche

Post by efletche » Mar 14th, '15, 02:52

As I joined after the torrent section was closed, I cannot help with anything previously downloaded from here. All I can offer is to help with the seeding of things I do download. I keep my PC running 24/7 and have a new (and empty) 5TB external harddrive ready to use.

recca_cool

Post by recca_cool » Mar 18th, '15, 18:10

I'll help with uploading since I have managed to collect high-quality raws for many serieses.

Let me know if you are interested, but be warned that my upload speed is not that great.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Mar 23rd, '15, 19:07

Looks like they need help over at http://d-addicts.tumblr.com/:
Yumi @yumi
We are currently in need of a web developer (front end) so if anyone has the time please contact us ASAP, thanks!
So if anyone is up to it, please lend them a hand.

Taido

Post by Taido » Apr 2nd, '15, 18:50

Hi all as a short notice from the Team,

We're fairly done with the backend, now our team is working on the frontend. Sumimasen :notworthy: if it doesn't go as you expected but our moto remains "QoQ!"

Please be patience........... :salut: or otherwise

HELP :clap: us out

Cheers,

Taido

Saam-chan

Post by Saam-chan » Apr 2nd, '15, 21:40

がんばってね

manga_anime

Post by manga_anime » Apr 7th, '15, 10:02

I have a number of Japanese, Korean and Chinese/Taiwanese dramas. I'd be happy to upload them.

I've never uploaded a torrent before though. But a good time to learn I suppose :-)

dodiul
Indonesia

Post by dodiul » Apr 14th, '15, 08:37

wow this is totally a good news. really looking forward to the upcoming sites! ganbatte!

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Apr 26th, '15, 23:59

as DA2 might still need some time to complete and the usefulness of the reconstructed DA torrents diminishes by the day I decided to put them online: http://exdicts.comeze.com/exdicts/

it is hosted on a freehost, therefore:
- no torrent links only hashes
--- use them to construct a magnet link like so: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:HASHHEX
--- or for btdigg: http://btdigg.org/search?info_hash=HASHHEX
--- bitsnoop, torrentz and various torrent caches can be checked for the torrent files
- the host might pull the plug at any time

I should've done that earlier but I never expected it to take this long...

edit: you can now use needseed as searchterm to find out where help might be needed

edit: ways to resolve the HASHHEX into a torrentfile:
- a good way to resolve the torrenthash is to google the HASHHEX and then find this site in the results: torrentdn.com/bbs... go there and use the floppy-icon to download the torrentfile
- you can try torrentproject.se
Last edited by koshonin on May 3rd, '15, 21:52, edited 2 times in total.

Chiyoko Fansub

Post by Chiyoko Fansub » May 3rd, '15, 06:19

I can also help with uploading my existing jdrama once this is up

koshonin

Post by koshonin » May 13th, '15, 00:37

thanks acerswap for the nice writeup at your Spanish forum about the rescue db

from what I understand from google translate of it, there is a question about the first column (if present) in the search results

it shows the swarm information:
if there was a valid scrape in the last 14 days that showed activity, than it is included..
the format is [seed:leech] scrape_time_ago (m=minutes/h=hours/d=days)
the only tracker scraped right now is demonii; (pt, bt and ccc had too much downtime)

victorII

Post by victorII » Jun 6th, '15, 06:17

Hi
Any updates regarding the new website? Or is an dropped out project?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jun 6th, '15, 06:26

victorII wrote:Hi
Any updates regarding the new website? Or is an dropped out project?
Updates is posted here https://www.spot.im/embed/undocked.html ... addicts2.0

April 13th
Taido wrote:Hi all, a quick note: we're currently in Tracker/Torrent testing phase 2

blackcanary

Post by blackcanary » Jun 6th, '15, 18:16

Do the various groups have an official release list with crcs? Like http://www.srrdb.com/ for English scene releases. If they do, that could confirm unaltered files.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jun 6th, '15, 20:25

blackcanary wrote:Do the various groups have an official release list with crcs? Like http://www.srrdb.com/ for English scene releases. If they do, that could confirm unaltered files.
Unfortunately no. srrDB relies on the "scene" rules which require packing files in RAR files and the inclusion of release info in NFO files. The CRC hashes are pulled from the RAR files. There are sites that collect info from releases on Usenet, but they are more NZB index sites.

In the old days release groups would include SFV files or CRC hashes in the filenames. With the advent of torrent files though they are not really necessary since the torrent hash check will verify the integrity of the file. However it can get a little complicated when torrents include other files like subtitles, images, theme music, etc. Also sometimes finding the torrent can be difficult because of the move to magnet links.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Jun 19th, '15, 20:15

Fyi: I uploaded the 62465 of the 64871 torrents in the old db that I was able to find to torcache.net
so you can now easily get them via http://torcache.net/torrent/TORRENTHASH.torrent

I hope that will help to keep them alive for a long time

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jun 23rd, '15, 15:18

koshonin wrote:Fyi: I uploaded the 62465 of the 64871 torrents in the old db that I was able to find to torcache.net
so you can now easily get them via http://torcache.net/torrent/TORRENTHASH.torrent

I hope that will help to keep them alive for a long time
[Edit] Oops I misunderstood hehe. Thanks for uploading reuplaoding all those torrents to keep them alive. I've been reuploading torrents that I found missing from Torcache as I was seeding myself, but noticed only a few here or there were missing. :salut:

clicked

Post by clicked » Jul 7th, '15, 14:36

I'm willing to help programming if needed :D

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Aug 19th, '15, 12:06

It seems there is no progress anymore... ? I would love to see a new index page, but maybe it's too time-consuming :sweat:

Any new information about D-A 2 ?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 19th, '15, 12:12

Sorvaseven wrote:It seems there is no progress anymore... ? I would love to see a new index page, but maybe it's too time-consuming :sweat:

Any new information about D-A 2 ?
@taido wrote on Jul 10
@na65 Yes we're still in need of more staff

For updates visit http://d-addicts.tumblr.com/
Point the mouse at the bottom-right corner, a window with a chat box pop-up, there you'll see the latest news.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Aug 19th, '15, 12:23

Keiko1981 wrote: For updates visit http://d-addicts.tumblr.com/
Point the mouse at the bottom-right corner, a window with a chat box pop-up, there you'll see the latest news.
Thanks. Ghostery blocked the chat box, so i thought the box was gone :sweat:
I really hope it will be a success. Without an index page it's not that easy to find and dl jdramas.

Vultural

Post by Vultural » Aug 20th, '15, 16:18

I have been unable to access a-addicts.
The site tries to download a php file instead of opening.
Have tried using Firefox, Tor, Pale Moon.

Also, you know there is already a similarly named aaddicts.com ?

LazyHiker

Post by LazyHiker » Sep 5th, '15, 02:43

Vultural wrote:I have been unable to access a-addicts.
The site tries to download a php file instead of opening.
Have tried using Firefox, Tor, Pale Moon.

Also, you know there is already a similarly named aaddicts.com ?
Just in case you have the wrong website, I'm posting it below. There's an icon in the lower right you have to click to see the status updates.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Sep 5th, '15, 13:09

bottom right @ tumbler and I get the theme used page ... sigh
easier noncryptic nontedious ways to communicate the status wouldn't have been too much to ask

I don't want to come over negative, but lets face it: children have been conceived and born in the same time ... and here is absolutely nothing to show for

had I known some month ago, when I had some free time on my hands, we could at least have had some workable torrent-section-replacement ...
I'm glad I salvaged a big chunk of the old torrents myself without relying on this alternative

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Sep 5th, '15, 15:39

koshonin wrote: I don't want to come over negative, but lets face it: children have been conceived and born in the same time ... and here is absolutely nothing to show for

had I known some month ago, when I had some free time on my hands, we could at least have had some workable torrent-section-replacement ...
I'm glad I salvaged a big chunk of the old torrents myself without relying on this alternative
I think the same. If I only had time...
I guess they lack a capable developer, someone who knows whats possible and whats best suited for a site like DA. But who knows... Hard to say without them posting any specific progress. I wish them good luck anyway.

Vultural

Post by Vultural » Sep 8th, '15, 22:54

LazyHiker wrote: Just in case you have the wrong website, I'm posting it below. There's an icon in the lower right you have to click to see the status updates.
Yes, I have gone to the tumblr page.
It is quiet.
I also check a-addicts from time to time.
All I ever seem to get is this -

RGVEDA81

Post by RGVEDA81 » Sep 14th, '15, 18:41

Hello :)

Any News about the new torrent site? :)

Taido

Post by Taido » Sep 23rd, '15, 13:20

Dear all,

After some hiccups we are on track again, BUT we need someone that has the time and Professional skills to help us out :salut:

If you or someone you know, can help us out it will forward the launch date. BTW we need devs professional in PHP, CSS, HTML5 and backend (db). Bittorent experience is higly needed but not required.

Cheers :wub:

fabrikcase

Post by fabrikcase » Dec 6th, '15, 04:37

still waiting for the good news. :(

h1pp0

Post by h1pp0 » Jan 4th, '16, 19:25

It's been a almost a year and I don't see anything new on the tumblr site, I wouldn't get your hopes up that there is something close to being finished especially when they still need professional coders.

bala.abhinav

Post by bala.abhinav » Jan 26th, '16, 11:33

I can help out with html, css, js and php. Reach out to me incase you need a developer @ bala.abhinav@hotmail.com

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Russia

Post by Avallac'h » Jan 26th, '16, 11:48

I'm also waiting. But I already forgot what. :-(
More than a year have passed. Even if they will open a new tracker, I think the crucial time is lost.
Many uploaders just dissappeared. Some of them moved to nyaa.se.
Speaking of myself I not like nyaa very much. But I do not see any alternative now.
Regarding this project.
Of course I'm in no position to complain, beacuse I never offered any help.
But I honestly don't understand what they're doing for more than a year to open just a new tracker.
So I'm very interested to see this new super-tracker whenever it will be done.
Good luck, guys.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Feb 18th, '16, 13:42

I changed the tracker to be scraped for the rescue-db (http://exdicts.comeze.com/exdicts/) back to openbittorrent a while ago and it seems more than 10% of the torrents show some activity, yay

thanks, to all the kind ppl keeping things alive

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Feb 26th, '16, 00:36

I think this new torrent site has lost its credibility and timing. It was all about timing!
I think they tried too hard to make it "perfect", when they should've just released a minimum viable product to capture on the timeliness of D-addicts torrents shutting down. :pale:
I also offered to help, but they always held meetings out of my timezone.
People have already moved on to other sites. I, myself, have been using Nyaa.

9w2whi

Post by 9w2whi » Mar 11th, '16, 09:27

if need any drama, i'm willing to help
save a little bit of the collection :-) :-) :-)
some old, some new...

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 11th, '16, 09:44

9w2whi wrote:if need any drama, i'm willing to help
some old, some new...
I suggest you put it up at Nyaa http://www.nyaa.se under Live-Action category as others do.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Mar 11th, '16, 09:57

9w2whi wrote:if need any drama, i'm willing to help
some old, some new...
you can keep an eye on the seed-request thread
and
you can check the da-rescue-db: use needseed as searchterm and you will see the torrents that have peers but no seeds and maybe you can help there
thank you

AyoYura

Post by AyoYura » Mar 18th, '16, 01:28

Greetings All,

It is with great sadness that I must announce the complete shut-down of this project. It's been over a year since this project was introduced but the lack of devs brought us nowhere. I tried contacting a number of devs from other trackers in seek of help but nobody responded to my requests. It has also been months since the last time I heard from taido (The leader) so as the second in charge I thought it would only be fair to let you all know that this project is no more.

I sincerely apologize for creating all the hype for nothing :cry:

AyoYura,
Former D-A 2.0 Sysop

pondloso

Post by pondloso » Mar 18th, '16, 03:34

really sad news but i still have hope.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Mar 18th, '16, 08:33

AyoYura wrote:...
Hi AyoYura, just for future reference: make it easy for devs to join the discussion; use the forum or -if you must- irc on i2p or tor (instead of some obscure tools); b.) communicate any/all status-changes; c.) be accessible;
anyway, thanks for trying.

ps: PN me, if you're still interested

yuuutsu

Post by yuuutsu » Mar 20th, '16, 00:36

koshonin wrote:
AyoYura wrote:...
Hi AyoYura, just for future reference: make it easy for devs to join the discussion; use the forum or -if you must- irc on i2p or tor (instead of some obscure tools); b.) communicate any/all status-changes; c.) be accessible;
I completely agree with these and would add d.) use a public repository for the source code (In particular, I'd suggest github or sourceforge).

I think doing these things would make it much more likely that more people would contribute. (Especially people who might occasionally contribute patches, but don't want to commit to being a full-time developer.)

Also, as an after-thought, consider using the source code for an existing tracker and modifying it for your needs. For example, gazelle is for music, but if you just tell people to put the series name in the artist field and the episode name in the album field, you probably could have the site running tomorrow. (Later on you could change the field titles to make it look like a drama site.)