D-Addicts Way Better Than AsiaTorrents

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Debayan

D-Addicts Way Better Than AsiaTorrents

Post by Debayan » Jul 11th, '14, 04:51

My sincere thanks to the creators of this site & the seeders who help make d-addicts what it is. I am also a member of Asia torrents . A major flaw in the Asia torrents upload system is its inability to monitor which torrents actually require uploads .One might download a rare file that may have 4-5 seeds & which has very list possibility of being downloaded by someone else in near future .Now if this torrent size is large enough & you download ,due to lack of peers you won't be able to upload & almost certainly you would be tagged as LEECHER & your dl/ul capabailty will be suspended unless you seed what you dl chances of which is bleak.In that comparison d-addicts is superb-keep uploading keep downloading .Long live thee :cheers: :cussing: :thumleft: :crazy:

Mod Edit: Your Avatar has been removed as it's too big. 1920x1080 pics is not allowed. Please use or reduce to 128x128.

TimeCompression
Brazil

Post by TimeCompression » Jul 11th, '14, 22:57

You could always download from d-addicts and seed on both sites, so you can improve your ratio at asiatorrents. I have a 5> ratio there, but I usually only download things that aren't seeded here anymore or movies.

cindy25a

Post by cindy25a » Oct 17th, '14, 12:45

the more sites the better. not just torrent but sites using filehosts, streaming. even youtube and facebook sometimes have something.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Oct 19th, '14, 03:09

d-addict is a great site because it's an open sites and free for all. It's like a charity system that gives..and it's up to you to share..and if you don't..no judgement. A charity system where you have to give back is a failed system because it turns people off and limits. It's like going to a church that you need to be a member of. In actuality, a free church brings in more money. People give more when they are open and free.

This is why d-addicts will continue while those others sites will pop up, advertise here, and disappear.

PinkyCut

Post by PinkyCut » Oct 19th, '14, 05:46

yeah d-addict is pretty sweet

Vultural

Post by Vultural » Nov 5th, '14, 23:08

AsiaTorrents is a fine site.
Greedy rookies often dig themselves into a pit by misunderstanding the ratio element.
They had some movies I could not find anywhere.

Neither AT or D-A are especially chatty forums, though.

tomzero
United States of America

Post by tomzero » Nov 6th, '14, 03:43

Yeah...both sites are great. I have to say, maybe it's since AT has a ratio...but some of the older stuff seems to stay on there longer. And i do like the fact you can see how many seeders are on something before you start. D-Addicts is an amazing site though.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Nov 18th, '14, 17:15

I'm pretty sure a lot of the files that end up here are actually from private torrent sites. So really, you should be thankful for them. They have their own reasons for uploading there vs public sites.

If you can't keep a 1:1 ratio on a site like AT (which is a really easy site to maintain a ratio on - and I'm from somewhere they cap upload speed) then private torrenting is not for you. Don't complain because you're not allowed to just take what you want and only give back a little. What kind of entitlement...

bitrogue

Post by bitrogue » Nov 26th, '14, 16:03

I find the communities between the two are very similar. From my observation, it seems that the ONLY major problem with AT is the ratio system. In fairness to AT, the requirement for any torrents to succeed is that people need to keep seeding them, and so AT have implemented ratios because the nature of people is to always only leech and not share back. So the ratio system, while being a royal pain in the butt, does ensure people keep torrents alive. (And this is common for many other private tracker communities)

I've only been on AT for 1 year, but in that time I've amassed a huge >50:1 ratio, simply because I downloaded and seeded rare but freeleech torrents, and because of that low seed count, I almost everytime get chosen to upload, and so my ratio just keeps going up. (An example, I've been seeding CCTVs Mulan, which is 50GB, and that torrent alone has given me 1.4TB upload in 12 months. And frequently I am the only seeder yet it is one of the most uploaded torrents. If not for me, who would seed this?)

So please, AT is a good site and doing great things, plus because they run private trackers, they have very little copyright problems. And they have many fansub groups providing directly to the community which is very commendable. I just wish they had more JDrama content (but then I guess if they did, I might not be here :) ) But it is a similar community to here and have enjoyed my time there.

idig
United States of America

Post by idig » Nov 26th, '14, 16:18

Both sites have their pros/cons. One thing I like about AT is it's ability to send seed requests to those who have previously downloaded the movie/drama . Granted it's only good if the user checks their mailbox, but it helps keeps the torrent alive.

nyrock

Post by nyrock » Nov 26th, '14, 16:53

I've have both, AT has more older torrents, obviously 'cause ppl want to increase their ratio.

I find that nyaa.se is pretty good for torrents, it's fast and accessible. So maybe using nyaa.se is a good replacement for d-addicts defunct torrent section. While maintaining d-addicts as a forum wo torrents.

we don't have to reinvent the wheel, or until the "new" site comes along.

tomzero
United States of America

Post by tomzero » Nov 27th, '14, 04:22

I still have a couple of AT invites. if anyone wants me, send me a message with your email address...

juliebelleza

Post by juliebelleza » Nov 27th, '14, 04:50

Do you know a site that i can download free Kdrama ?? please i need your help guys.

AyoYura

Post by AyoYura » Nov 27th, '14, 05:04

juliebelleza wrote:Do you know a site that i can download free Kdrama ?? please i need your help guys.
If you're looking for 1080p versions, I can get them for you. I mostly have 1080p versions because I like archiving Kdramas in the highest quality available. I can Upload to any file host you like. Right now MEGA, SeenUplaod and UpToBox offer fast download speeds when download using DMs (3-30MBps average).

Regards,

tboune

Asia Torrent Registration is open for December

Post by tboune » Nov 30th, '14, 17:19

tomzero wrote:I still have a couple of AT invites. if anyone wants me, send me a message with your email address...
They just announced that the registration will be open all of December.

naokanzaki
United States of America

Post by naokanzaki » Nov 30th, '14, 17:57

hey9 wrote:I'm pretty sure a lot of the files that end up here are actually from private torrent sites. So really, you should be thankful for them. They have their own reasons for uploading there vs public sites.

If you can't keep a 1:1 ratio on a site like AT (which is a really easy site to maintain a ratio on - and I'm from somewhere they cap upload speed) then private torrenting is not for you. Don't complain because you're not allowed to just take what you want and only give back a little. What kind of entitlement...
I agree with that 100%, Asiatorrents has been a much better place than here for getting dramas because of their requirement in maintaining a ratio. Here it seems most people who grab dramas are just hit & runners and way too many torrents were dead so quickly because of that. Now there's been a lot of talk about opening a new torrent site but it will be just as bad as the torrent section was here if there's no ratio requirements.

victorII

Post by victorII » Nov 30th, '14, 18:18

This is stupid!
What is so hard to have a good ration when:
- The torrents over 20G are free and the ones over 10G are 50% free
- After a series ends there is always a pack with all the episodes, that is usually over 20G, so it's free. (You download one of this, even if you are not interested to watch it, you are making upload, and then you can download what interests you. Simple!)
- Nobody is asking you to seed something indefinitely.

If on AT is hard, try to make a good ratio on AsianDVDClub. That's a challenge!

Sharing is about receiving and further forwarding, not only to receive something without giving something in exchange.

nomuramai

asia torrents open registration in december...

Post by nomuramai » Dec 2nd, '14, 11:29

i agree that it is not that hard to maintain a good ratio in asia torrents, or even asian dvd club or jpopsuki. that being said asia torrents is open registration in december, give it a try...

https://www.asiatorrents.me/index.php

nomuramai

Post by nomuramai » Dec 2nd, '14, 11:32

i agree that it is not that hard to maintain a good ratio in asia torrents, or even asian dvd club or jpopsuki. that being said asia torrents is open registration in december, give it a try...

nomuramai

Post by nomuramai » Dec 2nd, '14, 11:33

sorry for the repeats...

kichigaisensei

Post by kichigaisensei » Dec 8th, '14, 03:07

I have 10 invites on AT if anyone is interested or knows of someone who needs an invite.

diagnull

Post by diagnull » Dec 8th, '14, 05:55

kichigaisensei wrote:I have 10 invites on AT if anyone is interested or knows of someone who needs an invite.
I usually just lurk quietly in the background but I'd appreciate an invite, if you still have one.

-d

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 8th, '14, 06:18

diagnull wrote:
kichigaisensei wrote:I have 10 invites on AT if anyone is interested or knows of someone who needs an invite.
I usually just lurk quietly in the background but I'd appreciate an invite, if you still have one.

-d
Registration is open all December
https://www.asiatorrents.me/
Save your invites for later.

adv_illusioned

Post by adv_illusioned » Dec 8th, '14, 09:02

Keiko1981 wrote:
diagnull wrote:

-d
cant invite when registration is open :D

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Dec 8th, '14, 09:57

Honestly, I dont understand all the negative comments on AT, esp since talk of the torrent section closing started. And the reason is probably only because a ratio is needed to maintain on AT and DA doesnt require it. Sure, that may be a pain in the ass, but at least with that comes the certainty of knowing what you want to downloaded actually have seeds or not. And even if it doesnt, there is an option of sending all those who have downloaded the file before a notif to help seed. Should DA not have been such a helpful community where requests are answered, many torrents would have died and none reseeded. That would have been even more of a pain in the ass. Just because one site allows you to take and not give back, it doesnt mean that it goes for every other site you choose to join. Why do people expect to take and not give back?

I'd agree that it's not the easiest place to get upload credit though, unless you're lucky enough to hit upon a torrent which is big enough and gets downloaded often (even better double the ratio). In that sense I think it's easier to get BP on JPS because I can control the amount of BP I get per hour. (Might anyone wanna trade points in JPS and AT? :D)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 8th, '14, 12:13

I agree maintaining a good ratio at AT is difficult at the beginning, which is why I'm trying to load up on the seeding hours instead to exchange for upload credit. But then it also makes you appreciate the people who do spend time seeding and uploading torrents so that even the older stuff gets seeded. I've found some really decent stuff at AT, so not going to complain just because I have to work hard to maintain a ratio. Nothing comes free after all.

I think each community has its pros and cons and now that there's some sort of crackdown on torrent sites, we should just be grateful that we are still getting stuff at all.

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Dec 8th, '14, 13:41

I think the only downside of Asia Torrents is that it has NO japanese variety shows at all, and NO japanese old dramas, which d-addicts has. Most of old dramas are not uploaded anywhere except d-addicts

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Dec 8th, '14, 16:10

uedajirou wrote:I think the only downside of Asia Torrents is that it has NO japanese variety shows at all, and NO japanese old dramas, which d-addicts has. Most of old dramas are not uploaded anywhere except d-addicts
Best place for OLD is: xaxa's website.

Google for

Rare and old doramas restoration project

:D

mieko

Post by mieko » Dec 8th, '14, 22:57

kangxy67 wrote:Honestly, I dont understand all the negative comments on AT, esp since talk of the torrent section closing started. And the reason is probably only because a ratio is needed to maintain on AT and DA doesnt require it. Sure, that may be a pain in the ass, but at least with that comes the certainty of knowing what you want to downloaded actually have seeds or not. And even if it doesnt, there is an option of sending all those who have downloaded the file before a notif to help seed. Should DA not have been such a helpful community where requests are answered, many torrents would have died and none reseeded. That would have been even more of a pain in the ass. Just because one site allows you to take and not give back, it doesnt mean that it goes for every other site you choose to join. Why do people expect to take and not give back?

I'd agree that it's not the easiest place to get upload credit though, unless you're lucky enough to hit upon a torrent which is big enough and gets downloaded often (even better double the ratio). In that sense I think it's easier to get BP on JPS because I can control the amount of BP I get per hour. (Might anyone wanna trade points in JPS and AT? :D)

Perfectly said here.. The leeching mentality that has been so pervasive on DA for so long has always been troubling. The excuse of not maintaining a neutral ratio on AT does not wash at all since you can just a torrent running while your pc is on and you get points that can be put towards exchanging bandwith, torrent one of the goldens.

Why do people think they can take without returning anything at all is utterly beyond me. Too many self centered people on D-A... good riddance to the torrent section.

j3j3j3j3

Post by j3j3j3j3 » Dec 9th, '14, 12:12

TimeCompression wrote:You could always download from d-addicts and seed on both sites, so you can improve your ratio at asiatorrents. I have a 5> ratio there, but I usually only download things that aren't seeded here anymore or movies.
Definitely not always, no.

TimeCompression
Brazil

Post by TimeCompression » Dec 9th, '14, 14:33

j3j3j3j3 wrote:
TimeCompression wrote:You could always download from d-addicts and seed on both sites, so you can improve your ratio at asiatorrents. I have a 5> ratio there, but I usually only download things that aren't seeded here anymore or movies.
I meant to say "You can always try to" :D
Now we can't download anything from d-addicts lol.

diagnull

Post by diagnull » Dec 19th, '14, 05:53

Keiko1981 wrote:
diagnull wrote:

-d
Every time I look it says Invite only. Maybe it has to be the right day\time?

victorII

Post by victorII » Dec 19th, '14, 06:42

diagnull wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:
diagnull wrote: I usually just lurk quietly in the background but I'd appreciate an invite, if you still have one.

-d
Because your IP is already associated with an existing account. If you try to register and your IP is recorded as already in use, it doesn't say so clearly. Instead it say "Invites Only"

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Dec 19th, '14, 18:45

TimeCompression wrote:
j3j3j3j3 wrote:
I meant to say "You can always try to" :D
Now we can't download anything from d-addicts lol.
You can still download some from nyaa and Seed at AT. :-)

diagnull

Post by diagnull » Dec 20th, '14, 00:55

victorII wrote:
diagnull wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote: Registration is open all December
Because your IP is already associated with an existing account. If you try to register and your IP is recorded as already in use, it doesn't say so clearly. Instead it say "Invites Only"
So, apparently I had an acct. I forgot, I guess...

Thanks!