RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE ASIAN DRAMAS

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
zenitse

Postby zenitse » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Noale wrote:I have a question. I have seen many Japanese dramas about high school, but I've never seen one about the student life in a University. So my question is, are there any Japanese dramas involving characters that are students at a University? I would like to know, because I want to learn more about how what it's like going to University in Japan and whether it's very different from European or American universities.

What about Orange Days or Boku dake no Madonna? I haven't seen Orange Days but I can recommend Boku dake no Madonna if you like romantic comedies :)

Noale

Postby Noale » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:22 pm

zenitse wrote:
Noale wrote:I have a question. I have seen many Japanese dramas about high school, but I've never seen one about the student life in a University. So my question is, are there any Japanese dramas involving characters that are students at a University? I would like to know, because I want to learn more about how what it's like going to University in Japan and whether it's very different from European or American universities.

What about Orange Days or Boku dake no Madonna? I haven't seen Orange Days but I can recommend Boku dake no Madonna if you like romantic comedies :)

Thank you for the help. I looked both dramas up in DramaWiki and Boku dake no Madonna sounds especially nice. I think I'll go watch that. Besides, romance + comedy is the perfect combination! :mrgreen:
Follow your feet and you will not get lost :thumright:

jump

Postby jump » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:58 am

I recommend these dramas:

Suika
Manhatten Love Story
Hagetaka
Anna san No Omame
My boss My Hero
Ame to Yome no Atoni
Haikei Chichiue Sama
Jikou Keisatsu (First Season)
Nodame Cantabille
Jukunen Rikon

These are the dramas I would definately recommend to see. It's all dramas for last 4years. Yep it's all in d-addicts. I'm sorry it's all Jdramas.

Akuma76

Postby Akuma76 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:16 am

Could anyone recommend me a good wuxia or fantasy/action drama?
Would be best if it was related to mythology in some way, and the affects don't look phony
Got done watching 2 comedies so im looking for something a little more serious

I would recommend
-Time between Dog and Wolf
-Money's Warfare
-Invincible Parachute Agent
-Que Sera Sera
-Kekkon Dekiai Otoko
-My Boss, My hero
-Full House
-The Devil

nylskie06

my favorite asian dramas

Postby nylskie06 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 pm

here are my all time favorite so far.....

1. tatta hitotsu no koi (so far the best and romantic) :wub:
2. meteor garden 1 :salut:
3. goong/princess hours :cheers:
4. love generation
5. prince turns into frog

[sweet.surrender]

Postby [sweet.surrender] » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:20 pm

dramas that ii liked ^_^

it started witha kiss (tw-drama)
goong (k-drama)
My Lucky Star (tw-drama)
tatta hitotsu no koi (j-drama)
last Chiristmas (j-drama)
strawberry on the shortcake (j-drama)
Hana Yori Dango (j-drama)
Dal Ja's Spring(k-drama)
Soulmate (k-drama) *highly recommend*
Nobuta wo Produce (j-dorama)
13eyond your Imagination.....

Shinzakura

Hello, First Post and a Question

Postby Shinzakura » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:44 am

Hello, long time lurker and subs downloader, finally speaking up because I probably should, but also because I have a question. I'm the Programming Director for an anime con (Anime USA, 16 - 18 November), and every year we have a live action track. This year, however, the video programming guys would like to do something different and would like dip our proverbial feet into the dorama (CJKHKTSwhatever) pool.

What I'd like to know from all you esteemed folks is what would be a good and short series to start off with, less than 10 eps, so that we don't cut off in the middle storywise (if this experiment is successful, we plan to go full bore next year). Obviously I'm not thinking Shisengumi!, but if there's something short and sweet and worth it (I was thinking Tokyo Friends, but at 90 minutes per ep, that's running a little long), I'd be most grateful for your opinions. Thanks.

lmaonade

Postby lmaonade » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:50 am

mabye
hana yori dango?
season 1
it's only 9 eps
at liek an hour each

emrams

Postby emrams » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:01 am

^good first suggestion :wub: HYD
Aim for the Ace (Ace wo Nerae)
9 eps - 44 mins/each (plus 1 special, not so important though)
Based on a manga and anime - relates to an anime con since it's both

Good luck finding HK/K/Tw drama's @ less than 10 eps because there aren't too many plus all of them are so long time-wise usually. Jdrama would be the best to look into. Especially anime/manga themed ones, which is what I like to see at anime cons. :D

Eidola

Postby Eidola » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:09 pm

[sweet.surrender] wrote:dramas that ii liked ^_^

it started witha kiss (tw-drama)
goong (k-drama)
My Lucky Star (tw-drama)
tatta hitotsu no koi (j-drama)
last Chiristmas (j-drama)
strawberry on the shortcake (j-drama)
Hana Yori Dango (j-drama)
Dal Ja's Spring(k-drama)
Soulmate (k-drama) *highly recommend*
Nobuta wo Produce (j-dorama)

Agree with you on Soulmate. So HIGHLY recommended you'll wish there was a second season (many people have emailed the company to get a second season.. but it doesn't seem likely). And with Dal Ja's Spring and HYD but not Goong. Goong I suggest only if you just want to kill time with a filler drama.

- My Girl (must)
- Full House (sorta)
- Jumong! (AWESOME series.. don't let the amount of episodes scare you)
- Damo (got me into the historic dramas)

Currently trying out Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung and The Legend of the Four Gods (or w/e it's called).

zutsuu

Recommend mystery/suspension/thriller dramas

Postby zutsuu » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:47 pm

So I've seen:
A Million Stars Fall from the Sky
Byakuyakou
Nemureru Mori
Resurrection
Rondo
The Devil

.. that could be categorised as this kind of drama. Pls recommend some similar dramas and possibly from countries other than Japan and Korea too if there are some good ones :)

lunargen

Postby lunargen » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:52 pm

LIAR GAME. << straight up, kick ass suspense drama. LOVE IT.

Shusen

Re: Recommend mystery/suspension/thriller dramas

Postby Shusen » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:10 pm

zutsuu wrote:.. that could be categorised as this kind of drama. Pls recommend some similar dramas and possibly from countries other than Japan and Korea too if there are some good ones :)

I didn't like Liar Game that much. It was kinda... predictable. And then, there was no suspense anymore. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Maybe you should try Trick, although it's a japanese drama and it's also a comedy. There are good parts of suspense. And the two principal characters are very good. There is Yasha, that is a little more sci-fi.

In korean, you should try Coma. This one is a "horror" drama.

For the other countries, I don't think I have some advice... Sorry.

I'll watch the other answers, I'm interested too. Thanks for asking. :-)

getau

Postby getau » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 am

Im not an expert in asian drama coz I havent seen that many dramas but here are some of my favourite (not in order):

1.beautiful life(a beautiful love story between a hairdresser and a girl in a wheelchair)
2.GTO ( who doesn't want a teacher like Onizuka?)
3.Hana Kimi (Jdrama)(freaking hilarious. Its silly and could never happen in real life,nonetheless its a great and fun drama to watch)
4.Coffee Price(excellent performance by the lead actors. Unique story line and really believable, not 'over the top' like some dramas. Funny, sweet and heartwarming. It left me smiling for days)

radee14

Postby radee14 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:10 am

My Top 5 Drama

1.Coffee Prince
2.The Vineyard Man
3.It Started with a kiss
4. 1% of Anything
5.Wonderful Life

radee14

Postby radee14 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:20 am

My Top 5 Drama

1.Coffee Prince (k-drama)
2.The Vineyard Man (k-drama)
3.It Started with a kiss (tw-drama)
4. 1% of Anything (k-drama)
5.Wonderful Life (k-drama)

I also recommend these drama:

1.Hanayori Dango (j-drama)
2.GTO (J-drama)
3.Super Rookie (k-drama)
4.My Girl (k-drama)
5.which star are you from (k-drama) ===> (so, so)

Hmm..GOONG....i was bored when i watched that...lots of conversation..less giggle moments..

maymay80

Postby maymay80 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:29 am

Noale wrote:
zenitse wrote:

Thank you for the help. I looked both dramas up in DramaWiki and Boku dake no Madonna sounds especially nice. I think I'll go watch that. Besides, romance + comedy is the perfect combination! :mrgreen:

i recommend "ORANGE DAYS" i saw boku dake no madonna too, both are good, just watch them both, u'll love orange days too.

m1tch13

Postby m1tch13 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:36 am

maymay80 wrote:
Noale wrote:
zenitse wrote:

i recommend "ORANGE DAYS" i saw boku dake no madonna too, both are good, just watch them both, u'll love orange days too.

I love orange days. It's one of my top dramas :D

I like romantic comedies with happy endings. Obvious?? :P

My top:
Save the Last Dance for Me (1st K-drama. Very good!)
Goong (Got me into asian dramas)
Orange Days (Romance based. One of the best I've seen. I am in love with this drama)
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung (The plot is refreshing, sweet-as-hell, and hilarious. The first few episodes won't hook you just yet but trust me, it will get better and better and better!)
The Vineyard Man (Gets better towards the end. I love the ending. Made me cry at the last episodes. Very cute!!!)
Proposal Daisakusen (Yamapi made my heart melt. Very touching *sniff)
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (Sooo romantic! I finished the whole drama in a day haha)
Hana Yori Dango 1&2 (The acting is superb. Amazing storyline and music! Very popular series. Got me into J-dramas)
Coffee Prince (I love Eun Yoon Hye's dramas. One of her best works. I can't get enough of it)
Hotaru no Hikari (I love Ayase Haruka! It's sooo romantic and cute!)
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (More comedy than romance. I laughed so hard from this series I cried haha)

So far these dramas I would want to watch all over again :p

lamplight

Postby lamplight » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:11 pm

i've seen most of these dramas posted
I recommend Snow Queen
it's a touching drama
has so much meaning
so watch it
it has cute guys in it
:)

jenylis

ANY COOL DRAMAS??!?!?!

Postby jenylis » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:19 pm

well..my parents also like watching dramas with my siblings and me.......soo..are there any dramas that you guys think would be interesting to them? (they are about 40 years and up..I'm not going to say their ages!)
right now we are watching The Legend of the Four Gods..we are waiting for the subs and my dad wants to watch another drama..so..if you haveany suggestions..PLEASE TELL MEE!!!! :goggle:

Datin

Postby Datin » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:48 pm

My fav right now are:

My Lucky Star (tw-drama)
Hana Kimi (tw-drama - Tawian version)
Hanayori Dango (j-drama - Japanese version)
Lunch Queen (j-drama)
PrincessHour (k-drama)
Thank You (k-drama) = surprise no one mentioned about this drama. I like it so much!

vf1764

Drama show with bad boys

Postby vf1764 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:53 am

Can someone list a few dramas titles that have bad boys in them? I know this seems sort of broad, but it would help me out a great deal if someone could name some for me.

Maryvel

Re: ANY COOL DRAMAS??!?!?!

Postby Maryvel » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:09 pm

jenylis wrote:well..my parents also like watching dramas with my siblings and me.......soo..are there any dramas that you guys think would be interesting to them? (they are about 40 years and up..I'm not going to say their ages!)
right now we are watching The Legend of the Four Gods..we are waiting for the subs and my dad wants to watch another drama..so..if you haveany suggestions..PLEASE TELL MEE!!!! :goggle:

I just finished watching
Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi (A Million Stars falling from the Sky) aka The Smile has left Your Eyes with Kimura Takuya
and it's a very moving and grown up story that got me instantly hooked. I think even my parent would enjoy this and they'd never get the idea of watching anything asian with me. :roll

kawaiimomo

Postby kawaiimomo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:19 pm

hey currently watching a kdrama Stairway to Heaven and loving it!! is there any drama that is like this?

lamplight

Postby lamplight » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:56 am

Watch my girl!!!!!!!
such a great drama
very funny!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:30 am

lilswtangel wrote:My Top 5:

1) Full House
2) Stairway to Heaven
3) Beautiful Days
4) Lovers in Paris
5) Damo

I was looking back at my post on the first page and realized how broad my taste in Asian dramas have grown in the last three years I've been a member here.

In 2004, I've listed only Korean dramas in my top 5 favorite Asian dramas. Today, my list will probably consist of mainly Japanese dramas......but seeing this post again I realized that while my horizon has grown, I'm still the same (or at least, semi-me! LOL). The favorites I've listed above are still some of my favorites to this day, with the exception of "Full House" no longer being number 1 and with "Save The Last Dance With Me", "Sweet 18", "MiSa / I'm sorry I loved You", "Goong", "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" + "My Girl" added somewhere there.

But, what was I thinking when I listed Damo as #5?! It should have number 1! What - with its intricate storyline and the most heartwarming but tragic love-triangle ever, add in a couple of lovely ballad tracks from its OST, Damo deserves to be number 1.

Slave

Newbie looking for some recommendations...

Postby Slave » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 pm

Hi there!

Um... I dont have much to say eside that I am REALLY interrested in Asian TV series (J,K or C... I dont mind). But I think the search engin on this site has a major fla :pale: since I dunno Anything about asian TV series, I want to look for Genre... Type of series... but we cant search for "Action" or "Horror"... stuff like that.

So I'm asking nicely here... anyone has TV series suggestions? I am looking for Horror or Action, Martial arts, fantasy or Comedy Series.

Thanks!

hiitomisedai

Postby hiitomisedai » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm

you can try "death note" (it is both an anime and a drama now) this more horror, murder mystery, antihero etc... very interesting--japanese

"Brother beat" is a great family dynamic comedy/drama series--Japanese

"devil beside you","why why love/exchange Love" ( this one gets very dramatic)--Taiwanese

"Attention Please!" love this one it is really funny at times--Japanese

I am currently watching "himitsu no hanazono", "hanazakari kimitachi", "hotaru no hikari"--all Japanese
though for hanazakari kimitachi there is a taiwanese version called "hanakimi"

"Hana yori dango" is one of my favorites (love/comedy) and there is a taiwanese verison that is much more dramatic called: "Meteor Garden" there are two parts to this series as well as hana yori dango.

If you have anymore questions let me know I have a very long list of series that I have watched or I am watching and I will feel free to share plus I am always looking for new ones so if you find any let me know.

Puppet Princess

Postby Puppet Princess » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:42 pm

hiitomisedai wrote:you can try "death note" (it is both an anime and a drama now) this more horror, murder mystery, antihero etc... very interesting--japanese

Death Note was made into an anime and live action movie. Not a drama.

expanzee

Postby expanzee » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:08 pm

You asked for recommendation in 3 genre but I can only help in 1 since I don't watch horror that much. As for martial arts, I didn't encounter that type of drama very much. Maybe others can help.

As for comedy, there are LOTS!

1. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Japanese, High school comedy)
2. Yamada Tarou Monogatari (Japanese, High school comedy)
3. Shotgun marriage (Japanese, Romance/Comedy)
4. My Girl (Korean, Romance/Comedy)
5. Kisarazu Cat's Eyes (Japanese, Comedy but you be very alert and "pickup" to understand the jokes)
6. Utahime (Japanese, Comedy with a hint of Yakuza)
7. My Boss My Hero (Japanese, Comedy with Yakuza)
8. Nodame Cantabile (Japanese, Musical/Comedy)
9. Brother Beat (Japanese, Family/Comedy)
10. Mukodono, both the 1st one and 2003 one (Japanese, Comedy)

That's 10 and should keep you occupied for a while unless you pick up the "Marathon Virus" which has infected many who comes to this forum :P

Have fun!

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Newbie looking for some recommendations...

Postby peacht » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:08 am

Slave wrote:Hi there!

Um... I dont have much to say eside that I am REALLY interrested in Asian TV series (J,K or C... I dont mind). But I think the search engin on this site has a major fla :pale: since I dunno Anything about asian TV series, I want to look for Genre... Type of series... but we cant search for "Action" or "Horror"... stuff like that.

So I'm asking nicely here... anyone has TV series suggestions? I am looking for Horror or Action, Martial arts, fantasy or Comedy Series.

Thanks!

It would be useful to be able to search by genre but I don't believe you can. There are some threads though which my help you.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55486
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54782
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#925075
If you have enjoyed series you found here then please help the community by offering to seed in Series Of The Month

Slave

Postby Slave » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:39 am

Yeah I would love to be able to search by genre :-(

But apparently there's not much of the types I'm looking for... horror/martial arts/fantasy... I'm not much into romance stuff... I love romantic comedies once in a while... but 12-26 episode of 1h each of romance to be watched once or twice a day will get on my nerves haha :-)

As for horror/martial arts/fantasy TV serie, I already bought & watched "Forbidden Love" (nine tails fox) which was ok... sure there was romance... but there was action and all... good serie... and I started to watch Goodbye Francesca, but I didnt really got into it and the DVDs had errors in the early episodes which I couldnt watch :-(

The serie I'm most looking for is SKY HIGH... I loved sooooo much the movie... I really wanted to get the serie... but I couldnt find it at all anywhere :-( even here doesnt seem to have any episodes :-( :cry:

But thanks for all the links... I think I'll really like The Legend (the 4 gods) looks good :-) Will check that one out.

Anything else worth checking out according to my tastes? hehe I'm also getting Gokusen 1 & 2... friend of mine really recommends it... looks cute :D But i'd really prefer something a bit more action base... I like the non-realistic martial arts things mostly than "biographic" dynasty dramas.... I noticed there was alot of those lol

I remember one time seeing a fantasy TV series... I think it was Thai... or perhaps philipino... they "recently" (maybe last year) made a movie that concluded the serie... I just have no idea what so ever the name it had hahaha so if anyone is pretty good at figuring it out... the movie looked good really fantasy based with sorta angels, or mystical creatures... but I didnt watched it because the movie specified that "it followed up where the TV serie left off" and I wanted the serie to then watch the movie... :D

Anyway Thanks for the help... I'm still open to suggestions :)

expanzee

Postby expanzee » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:52 am

I think what you can do is go to the drama wiki

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Main_Page

and use its search engine. Type in the genre you want, and the dramas' will come out. I tried typing horror and many came out. Have fun!

Slave

Postby Slave » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:05 am

Odd... I tried that earlier today and only came out with 2 titles... and for some reason I just tried it again and came out with dozen as you say lol

Will check that out... hopefully will find something that is interesting and also available here... hehehe :salut:

Kuso_Baba

Postby Kuso_Baba » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:59 pm

Yeah, if ur not into an 1hr long of romance with 16 to 24 episodes then dont touch Korean dramas.... ( I am not sure about chinese or taiwanese)
But I know of an action drama wich is Korean called Time between Dog and Wolf. Lee Jun Ki acts in it!! I heard it really good! Hope u like it...
As for Japanese I recomend:
-My Boss My Hero (funniest drama)
-Nodame no Cnatabile ( very funny also)
-Yukan Club ( funny but not the kind everyone would like)
-Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (both Japanese and Taiwanese)
As for sad ones that make u cry a lot
-1 Liter of Tears
-Taiyo no Uta

OH OH OH!!! The only action Movie I watched is:
Moon Child (Gackt and Hyde act in it)

If I remember more I will make sure to post! :mrgreen:
Credits go to Dymed_Angel Arigatou gozaimasu!!!! Luv ya! :P

lilomess

Postby lilomess » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:36 am

Datin wrote:My fav right now are:

My Lucky Star (tw-drama)
Hana Kimi (tw-drama - Tawian version)
Hanayori Dango (j-drama - Japanese version)
Lunch Queen (j-drama)
PrincessHour (k-drama)
Thank You (k-drama) = surprise no one mentioned about this drama. I like it so much!

:thumright: omg!! totally agree on my lucky star :wub:
at first it might not seem that interesting but it is so worth the time watching
probably one of my best dramas :cheers:

Nevelle8921

Postby Nevelle8921 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:47 am

Hmm... so many to choose from... but yeah, i Have a lot

Kimi wa Petto- Jdrama, really good plot, it's really funny and it's just so relaxing watching it...
Nobuta wo Produce- Jdrama, a really good story about friendship, i really like this drama particularly because it pressed some question upon myself XP... very inspiring story
Proposal Daisakusen-Jdrama... same with Nobuta wo Produce... but more romantic and the story is really good... can be frustrating to watch XDD
Densha Otoko[series]- i can totally relate, it's funny and very inspiring... it can make you drop on your seat (my head still hurts XD) You just wanna join into their conversation... the main character can be irritating at first though ><

JlovesVan

best asian dramas

Postby JlovesVan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:12 am

I have so many I love but here are my top favorites:

Korean:
My Girl
Full House
Sangdoo Let's go to School
I'm sorry I love you
Dal Ja's Spring
Soulmates
Palace
Coffee Prince
Capital Scandal
My Lovely Samsoon

Japanese:
Hana Yori Dango 1 and 2
A Billion Stars Falling from the Sky
Kimi wa Petto
Love Generation
Liar Game

Taiwanese:
Mars
Meteor Garden
Devil Beside You
My Lucky Star
Corner with Love
It Started with a Kiss

untitledmelody

Postby untitledmelody » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:45 am

Nevelle8921 wrote:Hmm... so many to choose from... but yeah, i Have a lot

Kimi wa Petto- Jdrama, really good plot, it's really funny and it's just so relaxing watching it...
Nobuta wo Produce- Jdrama, a really good story about friendship, i really like this drama particularly because it pressed some question upon myself XP... very inspiring story
Proposal Daisakusen-Jdrama... same with Nobuta wo Produce... but more romantic and the story is really good... can be frustrating to watch XDD
Densha Otoko[series]- i can totally relate, it's funny and very inspiring... it can make you drop on your seat (my head still hurts XD) You just wanna join into their conversation... the main character can be irritating at first though

Yes, I agree with you abt Proposal. The story can become frustrating, mainly because of the female lead's character. I think it's worth watching though, because the 2 last episodes wrap up the story pretty well. :-)

>.< I wanna watch Densha Otoko too, but the DVD set I bought was really crap! It starts getting stuck from around the 2nd eps onwards.

Okies... I'll have to think abt which dramas I'd recommend so I'll be back in another post. :-)
ミ★ Sunao ni Narenakute | Cinderella Unnie
ミ☆ Personal Preference | Hotaru no Hikari 2 | IRIS 2

Avatar credits to blindcottonlove@LJ

Dir en grey

Cooking related Dramas

Postby Dir en grey » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:09 am

Hi guys :D Hopefully you can point me in the right direction as to which dramas to watch. I really enjoy dramas that involve chefs/cooking. Such as "My name is Kim Sam Soon" or "Bambino". I would greatly appreciate it if you can recommend something for me to watch :)!

Thanks,
Janet

omoiyou

Postby omoiyou » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:36 am

my little chef , lunch no joou aka lunch queen

chiakisama

Postby chiakisama » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:44 am

I think you'll like Sweet relationship, very entertaining

Dir en grey

Postby Dir en grey » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:02 am

thanks :D i'm dling them all right now, but i think Lunch Queen is missing episode 9 ><!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby mizune » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:10 am

The first 3rd of Dae Jang Geum :dopey:

For Jdramas (subbed that I can think of):
Antique
Shota no Sushi
Oishii Kankei
My Little Chef
Lunch Queen
Ousama no Restaurant
Oishii Proposal (remake of Kim Sam Soon)
Sushi Oji
Haikei Chichiuesama
Koi Seyo Otome (sort of.... most of the concoctions are kinda frightening though)
Teppan Shoujo Akane
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

smokincivic25

Need advice on which series to watch next!

Postby smokincivic25 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:09 pm

i recently got done with Four Gods and Jumong and I have to say me and my wife are hooked on historic dramas like those. Can you guys give me some advice on which series to watch next? I have heard alot of great things about The Immortal Lee Soon Shin and I am currently trying to get them but I was wondering if there was another great series out there that I havent heard of. Basicly you guys know I liked Jumong and Four Gods, what other series is like those that is as good as those =) Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

ReBeLa

Postby ReBeLa » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:13 pm

ohh i watched only kdramas and i liked them all it's hard to pick some favorites, but i'll try.
Here there are:
in my opinion this 3 kdramas Tree of Heaven, Sweet Spy and Time Between Dog and Wolf are the best.
i also really enjoyed
My Lovely Kim Sam-Soon
My Girl
Get Karl!Oh Soo Jung
Fantasy Couple / Couple or Trouble
9 End 2 Outs
Let's Go To The Beach
Taste Sweet Love / Snow White

ReiKen

Postby ReiKen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Dir en grey

Postby Dir en grey » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:34 pm

do you know where i can dl lunch queen that isn't in spanish XD? lol

SeoulIncheon

Postby SeoulIncheon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:12 am

1. It Started With A Kiss
2. I'm Sorry, I Love You
3. 18 vs. 29
4. Soulmate
5. Lovers

Yunny

Postby Yunny » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:36 pm

I would like to watch a "dark" taiwanese or korean drama, but with young cast... can you recommend me any? :lol

KuaiSky

The Devil

Postby KuaiSky » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:17 am

Yunny wrote:I would like to watch a "dark" taiwanese or korean drama, but with young cast... can you recommend me any? :lol

I really recommend "The Devil" [Korean: mawang]...it is really good and not really dark, but enjoyable. I loved it with one exception: I did not really like the 'good" guy. But I really liked the villain, hehe. (The villain is the Goong actor)

Yunny

Postby Yunny » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:12 am

thank you! :lol

loveme23

Time Reverse Dramas....

Postby loveme23 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:33 am

Recently I'm interested in drama that have the theme about going back in time to fix thing or just about anything that have to do with time travel or something similar....Does anyone have a suggestion....

Some of the one I've watched:

Proposal Daisakusen
A Step Into The Past

That is all I can remember for now....Thank you very much for all your help....

groink

Postby groink » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:43 am

Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai is about a struggling couple who committed suicide two hundred years ago, hoping to meet each other in the future when things are better. They return to modern day as regular office workers. So it isn't exactly a "Back to the Future" kind of thing... More like a re-incarnation theme.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mada_Koi_wa_Hajimaranai

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

Winly

Postby Winly » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:01 am

This one:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Thousand_Years_of_Love

I haven't watched it yet but it seems really good :-)

loveme23

Postby loveme23 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:05 am

groink wrote:Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai is about a struggling couple who committed suicide two hundred years ago, hoping to meet each other in the future when things are better. They return to modern day as regular office workers. So it isn't exactly a "Back to the Future" kind of thing... More like a re-incarnation theme.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mada_Koi_wa_Hajimaranai

--- groink

Thanks for the suggestion...I will try it out...The synopsis sound pretty interesting...

loveme23

Postby loveme23 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:06 am

Winly wrote:This one:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Thousand_Years_of_Love

I haven't watched it yet but it seems really good :-)

I've seen it, it a pretty good drama, it's kind similar to the one groink suggested...It does involved time traveled but it's like the opposite in away...Anyway thank for your suggestion...You should watch it if you haven't seen it...It's interesting.

Noale

Postby Noale » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:19 am

Are you interested in drama only? There's this anime movie about time reverse, perhaps you've seen it already. It's called "The girl who leapt through time" and I say it's pretty good.
Follow your feet and you will not get lost :thumright:

zenitse

Postby zenitse » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:30 pm

GhstDreamer

Postby GhstDreamer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm

There are two HK dramas:

To Get Unstuck in Time - It's about this cop who tries to unlock the mystery of his father's death and through a telephone can get connected to the past.

The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow - A ruler from ancient China gets transported to modern Hong Kong - this is more of a comedy.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: Time Reverse Dramas....

Postby mizune » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 am

loveme23 wrote:Recently I'm interested in drama that have the theme about going back in time to fix thing or just about anything that have to do with time travel or something similar....Does anyone have a suggestion....

Not finished subbing yet, but there's also Mop Girl....
Unsubbed SP that was interesting was Bokutachi no sensou.

Knowing that there is an element of time travel might ruin the ending for you, but if you want to know, there's also:
[spoiler]Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu[/spoiler]
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.

No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

addict

Postby addict » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:50 am

1. the sweet spy
2. full house
3. goong
4. a love to kill
5. love conditions

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Cooking related Dramas

Postby Néa Vanille » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:49 am

Dir en grey wrote:Hi guys :D Hopefully you can point me in the right direction as to which dramas to watch. I really enjoy dramas that involve chefs/cooking. Such as "My name is Kim Sam Soon" or "Bambino". I would greatly appreciate it if you can recommend something for me to watch :)!

Thanks,
Janet

Korean: Only You.

athenatnt

Postby athenatnt » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:28 am

KDRAMAS JDRAMAS TWDRAMAS
1. Soulmate 1. Nodame Cantible 1. MARS
2. Dal Ja's Spring 2. PRIDE 2. Meteor Garden I (only)
3. Save the Last Dance for Me. 3. Hana Yori Dango 1& 2 3. Prince who turned into a Frog
4. Bad Family 4. Nobuta wo Produce 4. Devil Beside You
5. Coffee Prince 5. Ace Wo Narea 5. It Started with a Kiss

SO much Fun and GOOD Endings. Which is sooo Important!

ktnew

Postby ktnew » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:52 am

Devil Beside You
Mars
Why Why Love
The Rose - Joe is twisted in this but hotttt
ISWAK - hes not a bad boy but hes moody
Summer x Summer
HYD
Meteor Garden

.....if anyone knows anymore - I be interested to find out too

sherrycg

Postby sherrycg » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:06 am

Stairway to Heaven
Lovers in Paris
Goong
Coffee Prince
Glass Slippers

lui_sneakers

Postby lui_sneakers » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:30 am

[My list as of 19-Feb-2008]

Japanese
HYD 1 & 2
Hanakimi
Byakuyakou
Prodai
IWGP

Korean
Fullhouse
My Girl
Jewel in the Palace
Hwang Jin Yi
Jumong
Stairway to Heaven
Autumn in my heart [i've included as it was my 1st one, nothing to compare it with before]

Taiwanese
Mars
Meteor Garden 1
ISWAK
The Prince that Turned into a Frog
Corner with Love
Currently watching Cain and Abel and East of Eden
Current obsessions is So Ji Sub
I AM JOHNNYFIED!

sarasa36

Postby sarasa36 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:17 pm

1. Mars
2. Mawang
3. The legend
4. Rondo
5. Thank You
6. Goong
7. Bump off lover
8. Meteor Garden
9. My lucky star
10. Smiling Pasta
11. Coffee Prince
12. Hong gil dong
13. Iryu team medical
14. It started with a kiss I, II
15. Life
16. Soulmate

alcozar

Postby alcozar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:44 pm

Enjoying One Pound Gospel atm.

co0o0ol

Postby co0o0ol » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:46 am

i start Asian drama with Japanese, but i liked Korean Drama better
1_ coffee prince
2- Goong
3_ Hana Yori Dango
4- full House
5_ My name is Kim Sam soon
6_ Hana Kimi
and alot

ranjitha

Postby ranjitha » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:00 am

do you guys have any suggestions for romance-comedy dramas?
like HYD , coffee prince , fantasy couple, my girl and so on..

well i'm a sucker for romance-comedy!
hope you guys could help me, any type would do, taiwanese [why why love]
korean, jap or even HK !

myjaehee

Postby myjaehee » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:45 am

everything listed below not in order ...

k-dramas
chung hyang my sassy girl :D
full house :wub:
bad couple (funny and romantic luv story) :wub:
dalja's spring ( luv tae 'bong)
truely luv ( luv lee min ki) :-)
coffee prince :thumleft:
18 vs 29 :-)
spring waltz :-)
9 end 2 outs ( still watching n downloading) :D

tw-dramas
iswak 1 & 2 :wub:
why why luv :thumleft:
devil beside you :-)
smiling paste ( so -so) :roll

j- drama
hotoru no hikari ( u wont regret ) :thumleft:
wonderful life :D
nodame contabile :D
mukodono :wub:

alcozar

Postby alcozar » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:34 am

iswak 2?? where? i want it!!!!!

alcozar

Postby alcozar » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:05 am

alcozar wrote:iswak 2?? where? i want it!!!!!

Nevermind, found it, its called "They Kiss Again" for anyone who was struggling to find it like i was.

pixieboy

Postby pixieboy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:51 pm

ranjitha wrote:do you guys have any suggestions for romance-comedy dramas?
like HYD , coffee prince , fantasy couple, my girl and so on..

well i'm a sucker for romance-comedy!
hope you guys could help me, any type would do, taiwanese [why why love]
korean, jap or even HK !

Why dont u try hanazakari no Kimitachi e or some people call it hanakimi ikemen paradise. It's really2 funny though. Or maybe Hotaru no Hikari, well not as funny as hanakimi I guess but it's kinda refreshing to watch..

Return to “General Discussions”