Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help? (take 1) [DISCONTINUED]

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Taido

Re: Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help? (take 1) [Discontinued]

Postby Taido » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi all,

Luckily (or not) I'm not dead :P but what seemed to be a nice project to start and with the interest of many persons it didn't fly.....
As I still want to see (and hoping for) a happy ending I'll start to contact those who contacted us to see if we can revive the project...

In any case those who, like me can't say goodbye to the project please pm me or send an e-mail to new.d.addicts@gmail

BUT without devs we can't do the job :notworthy:

ITS ALL ABOUT KEEPING UP THE SPIRIT :rambo:

Small update: we need more specifically front end devs :salut:

9w2whi

Re: Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help?

Postby 9w2whi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 am

Keiko1981 wrote:
9w2whi wrote:if need any drama, i'm willing to help
save a little bit of the collection :-) :-) :-)
some old, some new...

I suggest you put it up at Nyaa http://www.nyaa.se under Live-Action category as others do.

ok, i will do that
needs some time since i'm away at the moment

Taido

Re: Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help? (take 1)

Postby Taido » Sat May 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Dear all, it seems as if the "community" never wanted a prolonging of this site :-( . It's a pity though :pale: . But I, after I initiated this thread, need to be realistic and our (including mine) efforts :salut: never crystallised into some more fundamental. So, though heartbroken :faint: , it's time to close this thread and I wish you all the best :notworthy: . Cheers Taido

hey9

Re: Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help? (take 1)

Postby hey9 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:12 am

Taido wrote:Dear all, it seems as if the "community" never wanted a prolonging of this site :-( . It's a pity though :pale: . But I, after I initiated this thread, need to be realistic and our (including mine) efforts :salut: never crystallised into some more fundamental. So, though heartbroken :faint: , it's time to close this thread and I wish you all the best :notworthy: . Cheers Taido

It's been almost 3 years since this project started. There was little communication, even people within your team have commented about it in this thread. I'm not really sure what was expected from the community - many people were willing to help create a da 2.0, but it doesn't mean they had the right skill set needed or could devote a huge chunk of their time to a volunteer project. It doesn't even sound like most people were in the preferred time zone to help. People who could not help on the technical side weren't given any other way to help either.

Return to “General Discussions”