Sungkyunkwan Scandal (KBS2 , 2010)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 30th, '10, 20:18

So Peggy u finished watching SKKS ...u could wait for the end...that's GOOOOD anyway its a drama that u could finish without realizing that ...Im miissing all of them :( , by the way Scret Garden is good too even if I don't know how will it end...(
Middleflour so uve surrendered finally and left a comment :D welcome in the forum section ( even if im not in the right place to welcome u anyway) it s a proof that SKKS is amazind and like what peggy said it will become a classic for sure...(ps:nice to meet u too :D )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 31st, '10, 07:47

toenail, middleflour, welcome to the kdrama section!

In the name of everyone involved here I'd like to thank you for kind words, we all here have worked hard to make one place on the net for normal fans, not kyagals (yes, we did kyaa sometimes, ekhem).
And yes, I'm not afraid or ashamed to say I think this drama is one of the best drama in past few years, a little gem, that managed to hold against "Giant" and "Dong Yi" even. I hope it will win some awards at KBS Drama Awards (sadly, I'm off, won't be able to report until Sunday night).

So now, I'd like to thank everyone for the past year, and wish everyone that the new 2011 year will have at least as good dramas as this year's ones. I wish you all happiness and strength to watch those dramas, I wish you all sleepless nights because of dramas.
See you soon!!

:note: My time is still going on, lalala :note:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Dec 31st, '10, 09:29

Thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Yes, I also believe this drama is one of the best done in recent years. Actually, I have kinda drifted to the Taiwanese drama the past 2 years because the kdramas that were shown weren't really my type. Because if I really like something, I search not just HQ vids, but also interviews of the actors, behind the scenes, etc. And I'm so grateful to you guys for providing additional links here. :)

When QSD was shown here in my country, I started having interest in kdrama again (Thanks to KNG!). Then on to Bad Guy, Chuno, Iris, Tazza, Single Papa (just can't resist Oh Ji Ho, haha) and then this. Been really curious about this since it's one of the top three dramas in mysoju. Peeked the first part of episode 1 and there, I fell in love instantly. I just can't download the HD versions yet because they're so big. I wonder if KBS will release a DVD of this with English subs? I know yesasia is going to but the price is just too... :)

Anyways, thanks again. And HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 31st, '10, 12:41

Welcome to those who got drawn out into the discussions forum by this drama!! Hope there'll be more good dramas to see you around in other threads, too.

middlefour, OJH and KNG?! I like your taste in men, but I can already imagine Issy sharpening her scythe and Ecchan's smirk over another admirer for her man (or am I wrong ladies?!)

toenail, I'm not interested in the guy, he did have a huge impact on screen, but he's too dominant and scary for my linking^^

Thanks everyone for the great times in this place and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!! ♥♥♥

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 31st, '10, 13:24

arakira wrote:middlefour, OJH and KNG?! I like your taste in men, but I can already imagine Issy sharpening her scythe and Ecchan's smirk over another admirer for her man (or am I wrong ladies?!)

toenail, I'm not interested in the guy, he did have a huge impact on screen, but he's too dominant and scary for my linking^^

Thanks everyone for the great times in this place and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!! ♥♥♥
Welcome dear Middlefour.

ara-chan, You are not wrong and not right at the same time. :mrgreen:
I mean I like OJH but i also don't mind sharing my guys (sometime do get jealous though :P ) and I like other people liking my favourite guys too. so middlefour is safe on my side. not sure about E-chan though. as you ladies are sometimes scary when it comes to guys you like and are not very in sharing spirit, so middlefour should be slightly careful and worried? :whistling: :mrgreen:

Happy New Year to my dear friends. I enjoyed 2010 with you all and hope 2011 would be even a better one. :wub:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 1st, '11, 10:15

Now it's cast in stone. SKKS has won all sorts of awards tonight for the 2010 KBS Drama Awards. I watched the show and it was just lovely to see them all get an award and Soongi got more than one and he and Ah In were among three or four who were chosen as 'Perfect Couples'. It caused a lot of happy laughing from them and the audience. Everyone loved this drama and the cast.

I had a perfect day because this morning I saw the 'Red and White Kuhaku' show live from Tokyo and my SMAP guys were singing and talking LIVE on TV which is so unusual but I am glad I pay extra monthly for my NHK channel. 2010 wrapped itself up very nicely. 8)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 1st, '11, 10:54

Hehe YAY for all the awards our lovely young actors got there! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm about to watch the show, too. How could I miss out on SJG co-hosting this one?

Glad Yucheon got the newcomer award, since he really deserved it like nobody else! Especially since it was really an acting debut - I always find it weird to toss out newcomer awards to people who already starred in several works ;)

Too lazy to list all the awards, but lemme say, I'm really glad Kim Gab Soo got the excellence award (ok, he got it for Cinderella Sister, but I'm happy to see him getting some recognition for his great efforts...how many dramas did he excell in last year?!? ;))
And...first prize for Jang Hyuk?!? Oh well, for sure he deserved it for his abs in Chuno :P

moll

Post by moll » Jan 1st, '11, 12:50

Peggy wrote: I watched the show and it was just lovely to see them all get an award and Soongi got more than one and he and Ah In were among three or four who were chosen as 'Perfect Couples'. It caused a lot of happy laughing from them and the audience.
And from me too!!

Although I like MY and thought he did really well in SKKS I feel Yoo Ah-in deserved the Newcomer Award, but still, I was happy for all of them.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 1st, '11, 18:56

The thing is..Ah In is not a newcomer. He is already set in his acting career and has been in other dramas. That is why at first he was wondering how the real new cast members would be to work with. He was happily satisfied with that and said so.
He will surely be doing other work which will bring him awards in the future.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '11, 16:28

Omo, Yucheon?? Aaa, damn, I need to watch it baaadly!!
Who is MY? Please, don't go nowhere near me by calling him by this idiotic nickname.

As for KNG... ladies... you know I like when someone admires his talent, beauty, versatility, humor, voice, smile, chest... uhmm... Yes, I appreciate the praise. Only praise.

And to answer the questions about DVD - it's out, and with English subs.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:01

Let the bells ring out....Ethlenn is baaaaaaaaack....

Oh Happy Day...........

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:10

Peggy!!

I... I just want to thank you here and in public for a book. Even my mom fell in love with the man. What have I done in my previous life so that I am so blessed with all of you :wub:
I missed you so much!!

moll

Post by moll » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:34

Peggy wrote:The thing is..Ah In is not a newcomer. He is already set in his acting career and has been in other dramas. That is why at first he was wondering how the real new cast members would be to work with. He was happily satisfied with that and said so.
He will surely be doing other work which will bring him awards in the future.
Yes, I did actually read that he has been nominated newcomer four times in the past for other roles :scratch:
Last edited by moll on Jan 2nd, '11, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

moll

Post by moll » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:39

Ethlenn wrote: Who is MY? Please, don't go nowhere near me by calling him by this idiotic nickname.

:doh:

I'll refer to him in future as Yucheon :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:43

Ethlenn wrote:Peggy!!

I... I just want to thank you here and in public for a book. Even my mom fell in love with the man. What have I done in my previous life so that I am so blessed with all of you :wub:
I missed you so much!!
You probably saved a country :mrgreen:

Erm, I wasn't the most active person for last few days so I'm not aware of your absence. Sorry. What were you doing? Btw - I missed you so much, I don't know how I made it... :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '11, 22:15

Hmm... glad to see your sharp tongue here, maknae^^ :mrgreen:
That's the company I like! :whistling:

And to make up for my mistake:
SKKS:
DVD 12-Disc
Re-edited Uncut VersionFirst Press Limited Edition (English Subtitled - Korean Version)
2011/02/25

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 3rd, '11, 00:51

Glad you liked the book. the man is pretty all round wholesome with added splendour. Mom has my taste then...

Know nothing about your past lives. Only know it has been all good to know you in the present one.

I have decided that on a personal note it is going to be a good year for us. I did not have chance to write and date anything 1.1.11

Must remember to do something on 11.1.11. Maybe write a cheque.

toenail

Post by toenail » Jan 3rd, '11, 04:07

Happy New Year everyone!

This year will be special for my mom, because she's born at November 11. I'll get myself a chequebook for 11.11.11.

Translating the subs into other language, plus reading recaps on the Internet, reveals to me the subtle gems of the conversation and plot more than I noticed on the first watch. I got lots of "Ohhh, so that's why.. Ohhh, no wonder it's like this and that ..." I am totally enjoying doing this, but I hope I can finish soon, so I can return to real life .. haha.. or maybe just the next kdrama series.

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 07:26

@ Ethlenn: That's the $159 bundle, right? Too much for me. haha. Maybe next year. :D

And thanks for sharing your beloved actors with me. Don't worry, I'm not the kyaaaa-ing fan type. haha. I can be too sometimes. I respect good acting and the good person behind the actor, which to me are more important than the celebrity status. :D

--

Yeah. I saw bits of the KBS awards show last Dec. 31. Many fans uploaded the SKKS parts on youtube. Which was really good, since I don't have KBS World on cable. I was so happy seeing Song Joong Ki and Yoo Ah In receive the best couple award. I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT! The reaction of Ah In when he heard the announcement was priceless. He's so adorable. And Joong kI was kind of rubbing it in more when Ah In went up on stage. Haha. I miss Geol Oh and Yeorim.

And also, though Yoo Ah In was deserving of an acting award, I don't think the newcomer was for him. He was in Mighty Chilwoo several years back, so I don't get the idea why he was put there. hehe. Yoochun was pretty believable as Sun Joon and it was his first (?) try as an actor on tv. But some fans were saying he had previous acting experience before. I was nice seeing JYJ sing Chajatta and see which parts of the song Yoochun actually sang.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 10:43

As for Yucheon, he did, but those TV experiences were DBSK mini-dramas, they don't count. Some of those short episodes were funny as hell though... It wasn't actually The acting.

And yes, that's 159$ set. Sniff...

All of us can kyaa sometimes.

November is so far away still, I wonder what drams they will make in the fall, maybe something good like this year?

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 11:59

DBSK had mini-dramas? HAHA! Never knew. I liked some of their songs but never really followed the group. It was only now that I look back at some of their videos because I don't really recall Yoochun in most of them. He sing pretty well on his own. haha.

I'm hoping for good dramas this year too, not just the fall. I haven't enjoyed so many dramas in a year for a while.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 12:26

I have millions of stories on DBSK (as well as our dear The Chaos-chan here) as well as on Kim Namgil-nim, but I don't share cause I don't want to look like an obsessed lady. I'm not. I'm just focused.

Yucheon didn't stand out, in boy band group standards, if you know what I mean, he wasn't the first plan leading guy. But his back-up singing is a masterpiece. :whistling:

Yess... good dramas, you hear me, lazy Jang Hyuk?!

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 12:56

Do you mind sharing some? I'm curious to know... Yoochun and Appa (KNG). :D

Yeah, Yoochun's back up singing is really nice. I saw this video just now, DBSK singing Love In The Ice... I never thought he was the back up vocal of Xiah in the 3:53 mark. I thought it was Jaejoong. LOL.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 13:18

I'd rather you use "oppa" than appa (father), Namgil-nim has a sense of humor, but this sense of humor of his is sharp as a razor, keke...

Junsu's voice I found the best out of them, but not for me. Now it grows on me more. Yes, his musical from 2010 (Mozart) convinced me, heh...

You should try acapella songs of DBSK - gems.

And one joke of our Yucheon:
He reveals the picture of his girlfriend

I can share some stories, I do... :whistling:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 13:32

Oppa, then. Some fans in facebook call KNG Appa. haha.

LOL at Yoochun's girlfriend. haha. weird guy.
I haven't heard them do acapella. Yeah, it'd probably sound nice since the group blends so well. Better live than cd.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 13:43

Yeah, so the fangirls on facebook don't know Korean well, or just like to call him "dad". Weird.

I like my men weird, keke... the girlfriend.

DBSK - their unisono is one of the best I have heard. And since I like it, I pay attention to it, Big Bang, ie., they can't do it. They are too ego-bursted individuals to blend in. Some bands can do it.
Try Whatever They Say (from the first album), nice one^^. There are countless vocalisations here, and still the song is consistent.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 3rd, '11, 13:50

:offtopic:
Lol about appa and oppa :mrgreen: Can I just say that the only Korean word that I hate is oppa? Specially they way it is said in dramas and goes into my head in a really annoying way when fans call their idol with it. You can say I have allergy to it. :cussing:

Ok sorry for intruption. :salut:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 13:54

The fangirls know that Appa means father. They said KNG wanted to be called that way. Oh well. haha. I found it weird as well, calling KNG appa when he's not even a dad.

Me too, somehow I like weird men. Maybe I'm gonna like Yoochun more now because of this weirdness. HAHA!

DBSK - I think I first heard Love in the Ice in MTV and searched for a download right after. The vocals were just superb. I'm just not into the boy band stuff. But if I hear something good, I search for it right away. What is Whatever They Say in Korean? It's easier to search songs in hangeul than in English, sometimes translations don't match. haha. Since you say it's good, I'm gonna look for it. :D Oh yeah, weren't they originally packaged as an acapella group?

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 3rd, '11, 14:18

I finifshed Sungkyunkwan Scandal yesterday and wow how much I already miss it. I liked all of the characters, plot and the scenery. Will probably miss Yeorim and Geol Oh the most... :cry: They were my favorites. ^^ I dididn't know I could like historical dramas this much after trying and failing Dae Jang Geum already in the first few episodes. Now I will look for some other ones. ^^

When I was still watching Sungkyunkwan Scandal even my hubby was watching it over my shoulder and kept asking what happened when he was playing. :lol And he doesn't really care about dramas and usually just teases me when I watch them. So SKKS must be something special.

Now I have a lot of scrolling to do... :D

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 14:42

Hello Viande! :D
Like you, I just finished Sungkyunkwan, Dec. 25 to be exact. haha.

Hi Issy! Didn't see you right away, sorry.
You didn't interrupt us. I'm actually glad you joined us. I'd like to hear your story about Yoochun and KNG, if you have any. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 3rd, '11, 15:04

middlefour wrote:Hello Viande! :D
Like you, I just finished Sungkyunkwan, Dec. 25 to be exact. haha.

Hi Issy! Didn't see you right away, sorry.
You didn't interrupt us. I'm actually glad you joined us. I'd like to hear your story about Yoochun and KNG, if you have any. :D
Hellooo dear :wub:
Sorry to disappoint but I really don't have any particular stories whenit comes to them. They are E-chan' s properties ( not that I have problem with taking ones that are already claimed :mrgreen: , as I said I like sharing) and I have no interest what so ever in them. I watched SKKS only and only for JaeShin. The main OTP did not interest me. Well they did at first but as soon as JS entered the story I changed ship for good. I still love the drama alot but maybe not as much as everyone else in here. :roll

As for weird taste, I too have one too but some how yuuchun does not do it for me. Sorry E-chan :mrgreen:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 16:32

Oh I see. Jaeshin stories then. :D I like him, too.
I find him pretty serious for his age... you know, reading his interviews.

I just saw this pic online and was really amused at how Yoo Ah In was looking at Song Joong Ki.
Really CUTE! :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 16:52

Issy, love, you are not interrupting. Never! And it's ok, dear!
Oh, btw. Issy - congrats for your Oh Jiho!!

DBSK: yes, they at first were acapella group, and the song I was talking about I uploaded for you Right here. The irony is, I got to know them through their japanese songs, which I fervently hate.

Yu Ah-in has something really weird on his head... I know it's hair, but... But Ara's petto looks nice^^

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 17:28

Wow, thanks for the upload. :D I've searched for a clip on youtube. They sounded nice but looked really funny. haha. Not liking the blond hair one bit. I'm not sure where I started hearing their songs but they were visible in Arirang, you know Pops in Seoul? And if I remember correctly, I think I saw Yoochun in one of KBS shows, I forgot the title, but it's where they get to see their long lost classmates. But then, the memory was so vague. That was a long time ago. haha

Oh Ji Ho won for Chuno also, right? I forgot. Chukhahanda, Issy! :cheers:. But somehow, his fashion that day freaked me out. Something wrong with his pants. LOL. I wonder what his stylist was thinking, and why he let it pass. haha. Anyway, he was gorgeous, only his pants aren't.

About Yoo Ah In... would he look better if he donned his Jaeshin hair instead? :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 17:33

Ah, don't remind me those blonde and orange hair. I wanted to grab it and scalp him.. brr...
There were lots of shows, which I watched with stupid elation not understanding back then almost nothing in Korean, keke...

We had this talk about OJH pants... Issy, take care of your man better next time, ok?
And no, I didn't like Jaeshin's hair, even though I like long hair on men. Maybe if I see it more often, it will grow on me?

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 17:44

I'm liking the song better not seeing their faces. haha. Thanks very much. I'm gonna include this in my playlist. Their hair were just horrible. ugh. haha

Aww... I liked Jaeshin's hair. The best long hair I've seen next to Bidam.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 3rd, '11, 17:58

:lol
I knowwwwwwwwww, god, what was with those short trousers??? did not like them too. I guess you can blame me a little as most of my attention was given to Mr Sad Eyes. but now that poor baby stock in military service :-(, i think i should go back to my neglected guys/boys/hobbies/kids. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 19:57

Hmm...
Yucheon's cut from KBS Drama Awards, for download^^
Newcomer Award
File is in flv format, but MPC and VLC should play it without problems (I checked on both players), little brat was causing problems when converting, so after an hour I decided to go with Young Mater's wishes... damn it.

Issy, I hope your other men won't display such horrifying fashion in the future.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jan 3rd, '11, 20:47, edited 3 times in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 3rd, '11, 20:03

Ahahaha...Well, he did focus my attention on certain parts...I hardly noticed anything else :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 20:04

I know which parts. I couldn't get my eyes off of... well... too short jacket...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 3rd, '11, 23:32

OJO was dressed like a comic. All clothing was looking like it shrunk in the washing machine. How can they do that? I mean surely he could see himself in the mirror? Nothing was right from top to toe. Well the award was right so that makes up for it I suppose.

Minor thought..what is with all these guys wearing funny looking bow ties. I swear I have seen one on a T-shirt somewhere

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 3rd, '11, 23:39

:lol :lol :lol
OK ladies, leave my poor OJH alone. please do not rub it into his gorgeous face. he knows where he went wrong already (i hope :unsure:)

SKKS anyone??? :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 4th, '11, 00:27

Sorry Issy but I do like your man so much and I hated seeing what his dresser did to him. I watch him on variety shows and he is so sweet and funny. And...he is just so handsome.

SKKS anytime

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 4th, '11, 00:52

Peggy wrote:Sorry Issy but I do like your man so much and I hated seeing what his dresser did to him. I watch him on variety shows and he is so sweet and funny. And...he is just so handsome.

SKKS anytime
:P I know dear peggy. I know. i was just speechless to see him dressed like that myself :crazy:
well, I hope his gorgeousness make up for that. :whistling:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 4th, '11, 17:31

Can I just like all your comments? haha. Weird choice of clothes, indeed. But he's still gorgeous.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 4th, '11, 18:31

Err... I just found world of Moon Jae Shin & Goo Yong Ha pairing. Funny how people found them defient pairing when all I saw was very deep friendship. Well ok, maybe Yeorim could have feelings for Geol Oh but not so obvious as people make it understand. I have to admit I was wondering Yeorim's comment for Sun Joo that he had once feelings for Geol Oh but then I just thought he was playing around. But thanks to internet, I'm not sure anymore! *confused*

Scary what material people ripped off SKKS and made into MVs. :mrgreen:
For example this one or this one.
I can't say I don't like their imagination. :lol

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 4th, '11, 20:16

Personally I don't think there is anything very outrageous about Gong Ha's feelings for Jaesin. He is called Ladies Man because he likes the ladies right?? However he is not like Jaesin who is strong and powerful and a fighter. Therefore I think Gong Ha has admiration and long time affection for his friend. After all they have been in school together for years and both of them are very comfortable in their friendship. Obviously Jaesin is not the type to be hugging another man but he puts up with it from Gong Ha most of the time. I think they have a great bond of friendship.
Must remember this is an all boys establishment, like a modern all boys boarding school...i.e ETON in UK. Boys will be boys wherever and whatever. Doesn't usually mean anything once they leave school and go out into the normal world.

Just my opinion. Who wouldn't love Jaesin and who wouldn't love Gong Ha.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 4th, '11, 21:02

Peggy wrote:Personally I don't think there is anything very outrageous about Gong Ha's feelings for Jaesin. He is called Ladies Man because he likes the ladies right?? However he is not like Jaesin who is strong and powerful and a fighter. Therefore I think Gong Ha has admiration and long time affection for his friend. After all they have been in school together for years and both of them are very comfortable in their friendship. Obviously Jaesin is not the type to be hugging another man but he puts up with it from Gong Ha most of the time. I think they have a great bond of friendship.
Well said. :-) After all, friendship is about caring the other person.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '11, 21:20

I wish I had you two 3 months ago on DC Inside. All fangirls there were crazy. And all I could add it was: maybe Yongha was just joking or testing Seonjun when saying about his feelings for Jaeshin? Friendship, deep friendship^^
See, I love all the ladies here, that doesn't mean I'm harboring the same-sex feelings... aigoo...
Damn, nobody listened to me then...

BTW. Viande, cute, cute ava. I know a certain someone who will stare at it, keke...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 4th, '11, 21:33

Thanks to him for being cute. :wub:

I'm a little regretful that I missed the SKKS train and found it later. Could not read the comments before seeing the whole drama not to get spoiled. Well better later than never, defiently one of the best dramas of last year. ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 4th, '11, 22:49

Ecchan, you don't have feelings for me?? You're breaking my heart!! :P

Haha I don't get the gay obsession of some fangirls...why do they always look for BL? I mean gay love can be depicted as romantic and as lovely as hetero and there are some great movies about it but why do women find it sexy when men love eachother?? I found their friendship and their close relationship as best buds much more heartwarming than anything else.

Haha a certain someone...who could it be?!? :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '11, 23:08

Oh, Ara, you are the exception, you know that...
That certain someone? Have no idea :whistling:

And yes, I even had a week-long divorce with DC Gall after what I saw there. It was too much even for me, and I have a high tolerance for idiotic ideas. I said it few times - yaoi complex. I won't change my opinion. But I guess there are few more reasons to that. :mrgreen:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 5th, '11, 04:32

Okay. I admit I am a fan of the bromance. But I didn't see their bromance in that angle. HAHA! I can totally understand how Yong Ha treats Geol Oh. My guy friends are like that to each other. HAHA! And their actions aren't malicious in any way.

I thought so too... that Yong Ha was just testing Sun Joon when he said he had feelings for Geol Oh. You know Yong Ha has a way of making others admit of something they aren't aware of. He's Goo Yong Ha. haha.

Wow at those vids! How imaginative! LOL!
Viande, cool avatar! I like it so much.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 5th, '11, 11:10

Thanks middlefour.

I like BL when it's ment as BL, I'm not really searching for it from every series I see like some seem to do. Hetero love is as much cute. What it comes for more graphic stuff, I'm more than content on just romance, or even nice story about friendship is enough to keep me interested like Ara said.

I guess yaoi is so popular among girls because it doesnt have that whiny girl that (mostly anime) is in hentai "series" that are made more for men. What I don't understand though is why they like seme/uke pairing because that is basicly same as hentai but without boobs. Yaoi girls, go and figure. :roll I guess it's also cute guys, young age and hormones. :whistling: (as for yaoi-girls, I mean those desperate ones that like to pair up everything in this world)

haylz27

Post by haylz27 » Jan 5th, '11, 11:24

Hey guys, is this drama worth watching? Has someone been subbing it? :) Cheers

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 5th, '11, 11:31

Yes and yes. I watched mine here. But if you want soft subs, check the torrent thread (here), there should be link to the subber's site

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 5th, '11, 15:04

haylz27 wrote:Hey guys, is this drama worth watching? Has someone been subbing it? :) Cheers
Definitely worth the watch. There are links to softsubs within this thread also. You'll have to search the pages for them. 1 to 6 were subbed by GOESS and the rest by people from viikii and soompi.
Viande wrote:
I like BL when it's ment as BL, I'm not really searching for it from every series I see like some seem to do. Hetero love is as much cute. What it comes for more graphic stuff, I'm more than content on just romance, or even nice story about friendship is enough to keep me interested like Ara said.
Of course. Some just have a skewed sense of bromance, you know, to point of noticing everything as "romantic". Dunno how to explain it. haha.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 5th, '11, 21:22

Definitely woth watchin...,missing them :(!
Romance? WTH I love many things about the drama and this friendship between all of them was the best ,never thought it was about romance between men !
Ethlenn seriously thepicture of the gf of Park Yuchun haha ...can't say , thanks for the share !
Toadd congrats to them they really deserved it ...even if I Love YAI hope to see him the lead actor soon...:(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 5th, '11, 21:34

haylz27 wrote:Hey guys, is this drama worth watching? Has someone been subbing it? :) Cheers
Noo! Don't watch it!! It will deprive you of a good night sleep! You will not be able to concentrate! You will lose all your pencils during those wrecking hours! You will have to yield to the useless rest that your body will demand, but the sleep will not come! You will lose your sanity!

Then you will start to think than polyandry is not actually that bad thing afterall... :whistling:

And then, maybe you will read this thread/forum to find that ALL subtitles, or links to those are here. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jan 5th, '11, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 5th, '11, 23:07

I watch and rewatch them getting awards ,haha its heaven seeing them all together , YAI and SJK couple!! LOOOOOOL ..., don't really understand what does itmean ...I dont wanna even think!
And when SJK's speech when he won "popular actor" was so touching and his outfit...likethe charming prince from fairy tales ...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 13:39

And not exactly connected, but... Yucheon's younger brother was casted in upcoming MBC drama. It will be his acting debut. Let's see...

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 7th, '11, 15:20

WOW! I hope he's good.

I have a question... you posted the torrent for 720p version here, are the subs (GOESS, viikii and soompi) synced with them? Is there a difference in sync when the vids are of higher quality, say the normal 700MB from the 1.55GB version? I'm gonna download the whole series now! Weeeh! :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 7th, '11, 16:07

I watched mostly in HD, subs from soompi and viki were in synch.
I think you should get this gem in HD, it's definitely worth it :wub:

Haha I wonder how yucheon's dongsaeng will do...waiting for stills ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 16:12

Yucheon's brother cast in the upcoming drama
I will keep an eye on the drama. Still, more focused on his hyung :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 7th, '11, 17:03

Hmm...interesting face...he kinda looks like he can act with those eyes ;)

But me too I would have prefered to read his bro's got a new acting project :P or maybe even some challenging new role for petto...haha I just hope the latter won't keep playing cute and making movies with dogs :mrgreen:

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 7th, '11, 17:18

Just dropping by to say that I'm currently watching this drama (Episode 9 is on my videoplayer window) and I'm enjoying every minute of it so far. The story is really interesting, it has a well-written script, well-thought-of characters, awesome and good looking actors, and quite an impressive production/set-design. I'm looking forward to finishing the entire series. ^_^

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 7th, '11, 21:14

I missed so much SKKS that I read this whole thread... really >.<

It was fun reading your comments, I laughed so hard at Orion's PC crashing because of Jae Shin and Ethlenn considering doing lap dance for blind to get money. :lol

EDIT: and Peggy's comment about "Crazy Horse"'s stable mates... :mrgreen:
I probably forgot tons of other funny comments but there was hot pictures in at least every 4th post so my mind went a bit blurr... :P
Last edited by Viande on Jan 7th, '11, 22:40, edited 2 times in total.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 7th, '11, 21:29

Too tired to go through the whole thread. Does anyone know where the DVD is on sale. I tried Yesasia which is my favourite and safest place. they don't seem to have it. I need my SKKS right here in my little cave.
Help appreciated.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 21:56

Peggy: all info here: SKKS on DVD on February 25^^

Viande, we had so much fun watching this and posting. This drama made us do weird things. Me - I shifted my emergency hour to Wednesday, so I could watch it streaming, keke^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 7th, '11, 23:29

Thaknk you Ethlenn. I will use this info.
Just put my two cents over at Dramabeans re SKKS. Not many postings by people who know anything about Joseon.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 7th, '11, 23:52

Got nowhere with Yesasia. they don't seem to have this drama listed with the North America branch and Asia branches won't accept US orders. I guess it is still a little early for the US branch.
Patience Peg.....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 8th, '11, 00:32

Peggy wrote:Thaknk you Ethlenn. I will use this info.
Just put my two cents over at Dramabeans re SKKS. Not many postings by people who know anything about Joseon.
Ahahaha!! What a happy wishing! Peggy, dear, to know anything about Joseon you need to either read a boring history/philosophy/bio book or watch a boring documentary. Without flower boys in it at all. Don't expect anyone from a kyagal sphere to read scientific, heavy books. :whistling:

I will wait for this set as Issy said, and I will get my hands on it! Muahaha!!

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 8th, '11, 07:11

YAY! I bought myself an external harddrive just to store this. haha.

I say I prefer Yoochun's face than Yoohwan's. Biased much? :D
Yoohwan looks familiar, though. :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 8th, '11, 20:18

Well I will not be surprised if they erase my post. I wrote one on another drama and it was accepted but later it vanished...Should I be insulted or think of it as some backhanded compliment...................It's a funny ole world..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 8th, '11, 20:56

middlefour: I don't think that's a bias, keke :whistling:

Peggy, welcome to the world! You know, any post that isn't in favor of fans/fangirls or drama/actor but shows some substance will be ignored or removed. Life taught me that...
You can quote me... :alcoholic: