Someday (2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
om369

Someday (2006)

Post by om369 » May 28th, '07, 01:39

Do Not Know If Anyone Wrote This Yet.... :P
Great Drama & if you love anime it has a bit of it too.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jun 21st, '08, 15:06

I would like to watch this drama but I don't know where I can dl it. Someone can help me please? :pray:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 21st, '08, 19:42

It's licensed. So the easiest way would be to buy it. Other than that I'd check the links of interest thread. I'm sure there is a direct download site that still has it.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Jun 21st, '08, 19:45

Synopsis
Someday is about four different people's story about love.
Hana Yamaguchi (Bae Doo-Na) was a successful young cartoonist in Japan. Abandoned by her parents and brought up by her grandma, she was cold and aloof and did not believe in love which to her was only a simple biological response. When the elderly neighbourhood street sweeper died, she discovered the affection between him and her neighbour which lasted 60 years. Hana could not understand this kind of love, so she decided to trace her neighbour's footstep to Korea when she disappeared with her lover's ashes.
Go Jin Pyo (Kim Min Joon) was a doctor who was a comic book fan of Hana. He was overjoyed in meeting Hana and believed that he was in love for the first time in his life. He decided to help Hana in fulfilling her wish to look for her neighbour and enlisted the help of a private eye, Lee Seok Man (Lee Jin Wook).Lee was the sole survivor of a car accident whereby his parents and brother were killed. He carried a lot of guilt towards the parents of the other victim and did his best to help out even at the expense of owing money to the loan sharks.
Hye Young (Oh Yoon Ah) was a PD of animation projects and a close friend of Jin Pyo. she didn't realize that she was in love with him till Hana appeared.
In bringing her neighbour's love story to fruition and published in print, the process changed the lives and outlook on love for these four people.

Cast
Bae Doo Na as Hana Yamaguchi
Kim Min Joon as Go Jin Pyo
Lee Jin Wook as Kim Seok Man
Oh Yoon Ah as Yoon Hye Young

Producer: Kim Kyung Yong, Han Ji Seung
Writer: Kim Hee Jae

all info from dramawiki
I really would like to see this too. But infortunatley this drama has been licensed and no one subbed it. When I looked it up in yesasia they had only area code 2 DVDs and I need 1 so I didn't buy it. Maybe I will find code 1 DVDs somewhere. I really hope so. The story seems very interesting and cast seems fine. Lee Jin Wook is one of my most favorote actors.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 21st, '08, 21:27

The region 1 can be bought on amazon.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jun 21st, '08, 22:25

Yeah.. I found it also because of Lee Jin Wook :roll
Lately I started to watch Kangjeok and now I want something more with him XD

I found Someday on line :cheers: for those who are interested: Also after a little searching I found 6 dvd9 with Someday iso files on one of torrent sites but it's only for those with special account and I don't have one... :glare:
dammit... :x

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Jun 22nd, '08, 21:40

I have now watched 3 first episodes thanks to silent! I'm really grateful. I like azn tv so much alredy. It's my first time using it but videos are really good quality compared to other streaming sites (I hate veoh!!) and buffering doesn't take much time. I was able to find some other dramas I was searching for too. I'm so HAPPY!! Thanks so much Silent!! <3

And thanks Puppet Princess for ponting me to right place. But so expencive T_T waah.

My first impression with Someday was "eh. Not as good as I expected" But it really got better with every episode. First one was so so but third was very interesting alredy. Hana's character is pretty interesting but Bae Doo Na isn't that pretty. I wished to see a cute main girl. She definitely looks better in the picture so I thought... Well but she portrays pretty well a mangaka. That's how I would imagine most of the mangakas. If not silent then crazy xD Though I would have preferred main girl to be crazy^^

Jin Pyo is really pushy. He is kind of scary in a way. Guess he is happy to finally meet his idol but... too much is too much. So right now I'm really rooting for HanaxSeok Man couple. I just love Lee jin Wook here. He looks very cute^^ Maybe not his best acting but I like his character.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 22nd, '08, 23:06

maakopla wrote: And thanks Puppet Princess for ponting me to right place. But so expencive T_T waah.
It's not a bootleg so yeah. That's what it's worth though. If a 2 hour movie costs $20 it's actually a really good deal for a 16 hour show to only cost $90. If we are going on the same standard they should cost $160.

I have the boxset. More than half done with it.
It's very mellow and half the time I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a sad show or not.
But it just gets really interesting as they dig more into Gumiko's past... her story is just so heartbreaking.

All the characters are pretty tragic actually.
Hana's thing with her parents makes her unable to have emotions.
Seok Man's accident makes him unable to do anything without feeling guilt and remorse.
The Doctor is a little stalker-ish I think. He doesn't understand boundaries.

Seok Man and Hana are fascinating to watch though. Hana slowly falling in love with him without knowing it and Seok Man wanting to love her but feeling like he doesn't deserve to be happy. He's a sad little puppy.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Jun 23rd, '08, 20:33

Well. I remember that at yesasia it cost 60+ or something. Still expencive but average DVD box set pice. Nowdays everything costs. sigh

Back to drama. I just watched ep 4-6. Man it's getting interesting. I really like Seok Man, my love for him grows with every episode. And my hate forJin Pyo... He is seriously annoying. I understand he is in love and stuff but... I wish Hana would just say "Leave me alone" or something to him.

I too can't get the picture if this is a sad or happy show. But I pretty much like the atmosphere. It's a bit slow but dreamy. Gives me a good relaxed feeling but makes me wonder if something bad gonna happen soon.

Btw. That Seok Man scene in sauna was so funny. When Seok Man fooled the loan shark. God he is so stupid. I thought he found out but instead his comment was "Guess all Seok Mans look the same" Ha HA! It was so damn funny.

Well I'm rooting for Hana and Seok Man more than ever^^

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 23rd, '08, 21:43

Oh your hate for Doctor Go will get stronger. It's not that he's a bad man... it's just he seems to do whatever he pleases. He assumes if he loves Hana she will love him. He never asks before doing things that deeply involve other people. Which leads to a rather big mess later on.

The grandma doesn't help much either >_< lol

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Jun 23rd, '08, 22:22

I really do agree with Puppet Princess coment!

What I don't understand at the end:
please only for those who have finished watching it!
Why did Yoon Hye Young accept the doctor at the end?? Such a spoilt brad like him being together with such a great woman (btw she was my favourite charater) is really a pain in my ass. She deserved someone better.
The whole drama is really great, not sob-stuff but yet it is such a great romance!! It is happy and sad at the same time. Great Actors and Actresses beside Lee Min Joon (I just don't like his acting, beside in Damo there I loved him). So great story. great actors/actresses, great picture and beautiful ending! So this drama has everything that makes a GREAT DRAMA that leaves you an lasting impression!!

I just loooove this drama :wub:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 24th, '08, 06:15

It takes a few episode to gain momentum, but the first half of Someday is among the most romantic dramas I've ever seen. It's a bit like the J-drama "Bara no nai Hanaya" -- you have socially awkward female characters who are not aware of their own demons/loneliness, deeply troubled male protagonists who do good works but inside are desperately fumbling through tremendous sadness . . . and yet much of the execution plays like some kind of realist fairy tale. The first half of Someday weaves in a road trip narrative, a running commentary on how life and art, history and telling stories, can liberate and heal the soul, and nicely weaves in early 20s young love vs. more sardonic early 30s love, cultural drift, etc. etc. It's witty; its humor is subtle; and everybody, 20-somethings and elderly presidents, are interesting people. I didn't feel the 2nd half of Someday followed through its tremendous promise (not in the way the other Yellow Arts Entertainment show, Alone in Love did), but getting there nevertheless was inspired. Real pain. Real fun. Real connection. Really delightful people to know.
Oh your hate for Doctor Go will get stronger. It's not that he's a bad man... it's just he seems to do whatever he pleases.
He's . . . really dark. Someday delicately folds a subtext of Dickensian class games into the relationships between the "adults" (Jin Pyo and Hye Young) and the "kids" (Hana and Seok Man.) Hye Young, who has the money, plays the role of police in their little game and Jin Pyo's moral opponent, but she herself is also aware (and not a little disturbed) by her own intentions behind her benefactions. Hey Young's a wonderfully written character; there's jealousy and genuine moral disapproval, and there's also guilt and compassion for the kids. But Jin Pyo's really dangerous. He has almost no real connection with Hana, and so instead manufactures one through the doctor-patient relationship. More insidiously, he manipulates both Hana and Seok Man through the privilege of that doctor-patient relationship, knowing that Seok Man's core weakness is his guilt and sense of helplessness. Seok Man believes only Jin Pyo can help Hana, because Jin Pyo has the education, the professional experience, the "successful adult" status, that Seok Man doesn't. And neither he nor Hana realize they're being manipulated by him. Hye Young recognizes this and is truly disgusted . . . but she knows she's hardly better. Jin Pyo isn't an evil man, and he loves Hana. But he's also the true child of the story, the prince whom nobody ever said no. If he really empathized with Hana as much as he claimed, he wouldn't have crossed the line like that.

I liked Kim Min Joon's performance as Jin Pyo. He kinda plays characters one way, noble and upright, sometimes a little superior and smarmy, sometimes with great upright posture, always firmly believing that he is right and you are not. He plays them all this way. The key is, then, when he is cast in roles where it's utterly ludicrous for them to be that way. For example, in Ireland, his character is the classic fool, a ridiculous slacker; but KMJ's style makes Kang Go-k into a cavalier. And here, he gives Jin Pyo innate self-approval for what he does.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 26th, '08, 00:36

didiellza wrote: What I don't understand at the end:
please only for those who have finished watching it!
Why did Yoon Hye Young accept the doctor at the end?? Such a spoilt brad like him being together with such a great woman (btw she was my favourite charater) is really a pain in my ass. She deserved someone better.
Simple. She loved him. She's known him for ages. She's seen his good side and bad side. She even said herself that she thought he was being a cruel child and that her love for him was no where near as strong as Seok Man and Hana's. But... she still loved him, in her type of love.
I just finished. :P

I have to say Hye Young is a refreshing character. Normally the other female in kdramas is a psychotic manipulative ****. But Hye Young was actually the one being messed with. She was the one character who know everything that was going on between everyone. She knew right and wrong. She knew who deserved her support and who was being shameful. The problem was her emotions influenced her. She did the things Jin Pyo asked her to because it was him who asked. So, she kept secrets for the others. But in the end her conscious was stronger and she is the one who mended the holes Jin Pyo created.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 26th, '08, 00:56

Also, with the way their friendship worked, it's likely that . . .
Hye Young and Jin Pyo had probably dated very seriously a long, long time ago. For whatever reason -- and it could just because they probably got along famously -- their friendship continued after their relationship ended.

That isn't to say that Hye Young was waiting for Jin Pyo to grow up all this time. She realized he was hopeless . . . which is why she was genuinely disturbed that Jin Pyo became sincerely in love with Hana. At the same time, Hye Young had become a superstar in her work. So part of it is, she's hitting 30, and in spite of her success, she still feels unfulfilled. She looks at Hana and Seok Man and sees who she was 10 years ago, and not a little bit of where maybe she and Jin Pyo were when they were very young. She's not waiting for him; there isn't anything about him that makes her heart flutter anymore, or make her dream idle dreams. They've known each other way too long, and ups and downs, he has stayed a part of her life.

Part of her is in love with him; but none of her is crazy about him. She's accepted him for who he was a long time ago, and at the same time, she's not afraid of putting him in his place. As a friend and as a woman who truly loved him.

It's worth noting all this, because Jin Pyo himself is not oblivious to her feelings. When Hye Young and Jin Pyo starts to butt heads, there is that subtext where Jin Pyo seems tempted to bring her feelings out in the open and humiliate her, so that she does not block his path. He is, after all, a cruel child, and he's probably done this to her before, to make her understand the boundaries of their relationship. But, here, he doesn't do this. Hye Young knows all of his games, and she knows what he was doing was wrong. He backs off.

chhiku3top

Post by chhiku3top » Dec 15th, '08, 04:53

SOMEDAY eng subs - does anyone have the download link for this. I read that there is a link to it but cant find the link. If you have pls share for this drama is real good. :thumleft: :thumright:

For those of you who want to download the raw files, you can find it in soompi SOMEDAY thread on pg 16.

georicky

Post by georicky » Sep 30th, '09, 08:36

Lookin fo eng subs for SOMEDAY....anyone can share the link?

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Sep 30th, '09, 12:26

You can find/download this show (eng sub) here: http://www.am-addiction.com/forum/index ... wtopic=899

sputnikwood

found it

Post by sputnikwood » Nov 26th, '09, 13:48

i was looking for Someday too, of course for bae du na.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/categ ... 65gRr8CnYb

Veoh features dramas too if you haven't visited their site before. Just download their Veoh download manager (it's spyware free) and you can dl the actual avi full size file, or it you like stream it from their site.

the video doesnt come subtitled so it's best to dl and watch.

i just visited the am-addiction site, ahhh....the subtitle srts arent separate downloads. Does anyone have them as separate files?

sputnikwood

Subtitle download

Post by sputnikwood » Dec 4th, '09, 03:35

I finished downloading the Am-addiction files, and here are the subtitle files if you need them. These srt subtitles are synced with AM-Addiction's files, so I am not sure if they are in-sync with the files available on veoh and elsewhere.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3E7IISE

Episodes 1-16. enjoy.

And thank you for that Am-addict link. ive watched up to episodes 6, but the story is a little too slow and the side Love story between the old woman and the her dead lover isnt too interesting. If not for bae du na, i may not even give this drama any chance. :whistling:

mihafabbv

Re: Someday (2006)

Post by mihafabbv » Jun 10th, '17, 10:23

Hi,

Does anyone still have the subtitles for this drama and cam possibly post them or a link?

Thank you,

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Someday (2006)

Post by Keiko1981 » Jun 10th, '17, 10:31

mihafabbv wrote:Hi,

Does anyone still have the subtitles for this drama and cam possibly post them or a link?

Thank you,
None-English available at Subscene https://subscene.com/subtitles/someday-2006