Need help to identify a Kdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Korean drama series here.
yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Oct 29th, '06, 03:26

Cdrama recommendations topic
Jdrama recommendations topic
Jmovie recommendations
Kdrama recommendations topic
Korean Variety Shows recommendations

Need help to identify a Cdrama / HKdrama / TWdrama
Need help to identify a Jdrama
Need help to identify a celebrity
Need help to identify music or songs from dramas

I watched the first episode of this drama which is starring

Shin Ha Kyun as Park Joon-pil
Soh Yoo Jin as Shin Ji-woo
Jo Han Sun as Kang Tae-pyung
Han Ji Min as Oh Soon-jung
Yoo Min as Yoo Jin

I really really loved the first eipisode, Jo Han Sun's acting is quite good and the story line is different to the typical kdrama! I am wondering whether anyone had watched this before? Should I continue watching it?

Thanks in advance!!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 26th, '07, 00:25

There is a thread in the Chinese Drama Discussion forum like this, and since I've noticed more and more help threads in this forum, I thought it would be a nice idea to have it here as well. I will lock any request threads that I see and add the info here. Please post any new requests in this thread. Thanks!

Have you ever watched a drama and wanted to watch it again, but you forgot the name of the drama? Or did you catch some it on TV and manage to miss the credits? If that sounds like the case, then this thread is for you. There are no guarantees, but hopefully one of your fellow Korean drama fans may be able to help you out.

Here are a few tips on what to post if you can:
1. The plot - describe as much as you can, and be as specific as possible.
2. The name in another language
3. The names of any of the actors. Or maybe you don't know the name, but maybe you've seen them in some other drama.
4. Post a picture
5. Perhaps the station it aired on
6. Ancient or modern
7. Name of theme song (i know it's a long-shot, but still...)
8. Year of production, or maybe decade, if it's older
9. Any other information that may be helpful.

Good luck! :-)
Last edited by habukie on Mar 6th, '07, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 26th, '07, 00:32

cleogirl82 wrote:Hi,

I was watching a drama with high school kids. It airs on Sunday morning, I think around 9 am or so. I was streaming it online. But I don't speak korean. I think that the show seems very interesting. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
meowthy wrote:hi! me too i have been looking for this drama. ive seen it in arirang two or three years ago. its about a school boy and a girl who meets under a tree. the tree looks like a cherry blossom...im not that sure about and i can barely remember the part that ive watched. but its highschool romance. their classmates keep on teasing them. and i think either the two of them are intelligent. erm. its like crying out love but korean version. or the anime, his or her circimstances (is there a live action of this anime?) i know this is a common scene in korean dramas. im still hoping for suggestions though! thanks!! :D

petitchou

What drama is this?

Post by petitchou » Mar 14th, '07, 07:38

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/p ... ystery.jpg[/img]

Could someone please tell me what drama this is from? Thank you. :)

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Mar 14th, '07, 07:50

It's a variety show that features DBSG...not really sure which.

Annessa

Post by Annessa » Mar 14th, '07, 08:45

^ wow... wish i could help, but those details are not enough. still thinking very hard, and if i come up with anything, i'll come back and post again. great thread, by the way.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 15th, '07, 05:01

it's from a banjun drama, but i don't know which one.

xcheex

Re: What drama is this?

Post by xcheex » Mar 16th, '07, 02:05

petitchou wrote:[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/p ... ystery.jpg[/img]

Could someone please tell me what drama this is from? Thank you. :)
I believe it's called First Love with Mickey and Yunho (From DBSK) in it.

Bitoy

Post by Bitoy » Mar 19th, '07, 04:13

Do who know who is this actress?

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/ ... rean/1.jpg[/img]

aznfn

Post by aznfn » Mar 19th, '07, 04:40

she's Goo Hye Jin, a model

singguest

Post by singguest » Mar 19th, '07, 22:53

been trying to locate the episode of lovers in paris where kim jung eun sang at the cvc cinema pyjama party. anyone has an idea which episode it was.

teresa_jnl

its in episode 15.

Post by teresa_jnl » Mar 20th, '07, 14:36

singguest wrote:been trying to locate the episode of lovers in paris where kim jung eun sang at the cvc cinema pyjama party. anyone has an idea which episode it was.

singguest

Post by singguest » Mar 20th, '07, 16:22

thanks.

HeiYu

Post by HeiYu » Apr 19th, '07, 05:31

anyone knows about this drama/movie?

[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301 ... 021321.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301 ... 021544.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301 ... 154569.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301 ... 002121.jpg[/img]

i just saw it from this video looks like a preview or something... it starts at 1:47

reyoo

Post by reyoo » Apr 19th, '07, 06:25

its from "She Is Back (Ice Girl)"

leenkath16

Post by leenkath16 » Apr 19th, '07, 19:40

what is this kdrama??
there are 4 leads in it...
let's just name it Girl 1, girl 2, boy 1, boy 2 coz i don't know their names and haven't seen them in other kdramas...

well, boy 1 and 2 are cousins and this boy 1 likes girl 1 and girl 1 likes boy 2..and i think boy 2 likes him back..and there is this girl 2 working in a restaurant or smaller than that...this restaurant is owned by the auntie of boy 2...
the only episode i watched is that when girl 2 is locked in a camera room, and because boy 1 do not like her attitude towards him, he called a staff to turn the lights off in that camera room and he locked the room..and then girl 2 is locked there and it was so dark...and she bumped into something and there is blood flowing in her forehead and boy 2came back and helped girl 2 but girl 2 didn't know that boy 2 do all those things, so she thanked boy 2 afterall...

thanks if someone can help me... it's ok if not...i'm just curious about it...
i know its hard to understand though...

its called My Strange Family here but i keep on searching the net but there are no exact results about it...

myababee

help finding a series=)

Post by myababee » Apr 24th, '07, 00:06

im looking for a specific korean drama, well im pretty sure it is korean, its about a girl that thinks she can seduce any guy and a guy that thinks he can seduce any girl. they end up meeting and they are tryin to seduce eachother. thats all i know about it.
Can anyone help me find out what its called, it would be very much appriciated

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Re: help finding a series=)

Post by habukie » Apr 24th, '07, 02:12

myababee wrote:im looking for a specific korean drama, well im pretty sure it is korean, its about a girl that thinks she can seduce any guy and a guy that thinks he can seduce any girl. they end up meeting and they are tryin to seduce eachother. thats all i know about it.
Can anyone help me find out what its called, it would be very much appriciated
this sounds a lot like The Art Of Seduction, with Song Il Kook and Son Yeh Jin, which is a movie, not a series. you won't be able to find it here, since there are no movies allowed.

myababee

Post by myababee » Apr 24th, '07, 02:21

ohh okay thank you=)

judytran

Post by judytran » Apr 29th, '07, 04:49

Hi! I am trying to find sheet music for a song in this korean drama but I don't know what the drama is even called. In vietnamese it translates to the sound of music I think..In the drama there is a girl who turned blind at the age of eight because of a car accident and both her parents die and all she has is her sister..thats all I know if someone could tell me what the drama is called or how to find sheet music for it I would REALLY APPRECIATE it!!!!!

yelou

What this serie (drama ) ?

Post by yelou » Apr 29th, '07, 19:45

Hello world,

* Someone knows the name of this serie ( between 00:45 and 00:49 ) ?

* Someone knows the name of this song ( between 00:45 and 00:49 ) ?

thanks for answer :D
Last edited by yelou on Apr 29th, '07, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: What this serie (drama ) ?

Post by WroW » Apr 29th, '07, 19:51

yelou wrote:Hello world,

* Someone knows the name of this serie ( at 00:47 ) ?

* Someone knows the name of this song ( at 00:47 ) ?

thanks for answer :D
I dont think thats a drama. I mean the girl looks like Lee Yeon Hee and the guy (is that kangta?). If yes they never played together in a drama...not sure though :unsure:

randomperson

the song

Post by randomperson » Apr 29th, '07, 20:10

The song is called "Eolmana Joheulkka" ("얼마나 좋을까") by Lee Soo Young 이수영.

it's the korean version of the Final Fantasy X song, "Suteki Da Ne".
Last edited by randomperson on Apr 29th, '07, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

yelou

re

Post by yelou » Apr 29th, '07, 20:13

Thanks for your answer about song :-)

So, do you know the serie name ?

randomperson

Post by randomperson » Apr 29th, '07, 20:23

nope, sorry...but if it helps...the guy in that snippet is choi si won 최시원 from the korean boy band "super junior".

hellomomo

Post by hellomomo » Apr 29th, '07, 20:27

The clips are from a music video the song for the music video is by Jang Ri In (장리인) feat xiah junsu (시아준수) from DBSK...the song is called timeless.
the video has choi si won and hang kyung from super junior

there are scenes from other music videos and a scene from the drama over the rainbow also
Last edited by hellomomo on Apr 29th, '07, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

yelou

re

Post by yelou » Apr 29th, '07, 20:30

Thanks a lot Everybody ! :D

So, I just have found the song in 3 version ( Vietnamese Korean Japanese )

If someone wants to listen :

For the serie :

:)

leenkath16

Post by leenkath16 » May 6th, '07, 12:55

can someone help me what's the name of this drama???

the casts are here...

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 6th, '07, 17:42

^ Well the first guy looks like Kim Min Jong and the first girl looks like Kim Ah Joong. My guess is -> Our Attitude to Prepare Parting

choco

Post by choco » May 6th, '07, 18:23

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 7th, '07, 15:38

You're absolutely right :)

kentomaiku

drama aired help

Post by kentomaiku » May 15th, '07, 04:02

hi i remembered sometime ago on KTMP channel 32 (local san francisco tv) had a boardcast of a korean drama about a year or two ago. all i remember is that they worked at some anime or drawing shop or something and had a ps2 in it the plot is some wat good i just wanted to know the title thanks

maria_hpm

Post by maria_hpm » May 20th, '07, 15:52

the picture is from dbsk' mini drama First Love,u can find it at http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=23555
enjoy

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Jun 22nd, '07, 17:12

Hi! I'm looking for the name of a historic drama.
It was broadcasted last year in China, where I watched it. But I can't remember the title. It was something about a girl in some kind of girl school. And they cooked a lot of things. And I think it played in the past, because they were all wearing traditional costumes. Mmm, and there was something like a war and a warrior with beard who fell in love with the main character. And I remembered that someone said, that the actress who played the main character was the most popular korean actress at the moment. She had a bit of a round face.
That's all I can remember so far, would be nice if someone could help me.

wenqin

can some 1 help me ?

Post by wenqin » Jun 22nd, '07, 21:15

erm i watched a k drama and i wanted to know its name .. well the story goes like this it starts with a damn RICH guy going to a match making session while going there he left his wallet on his shoe rack thus not bringing his bring his wallet and there he encounters a woman with very bad table manners .he feels disgusted and leaves just when he leaves he saw his car hijacked by 2 strangers, was too shocked and dropped his phone and goes off chasing after his car . the woman picks up his phone and intends to sell it . when he got back to the hotel he could not find his phone and meets e woman before and asked her to lend him her phone to make a call and after awhile he realized that she picked up his phone .and all e while e woman does not believe that he is a rich man cos he forgot to bring his wallet + car being stolen and later on he sold the mountain that his mother was buried in and was banished from home with every thing confiscated for 2 months and he ended up in that woman's house . erm ... if any 1 knows e title pls inform me asap thanks :)

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 24th, '07, 04:08

^hehe sorry i can't be of any help. but i must say, the story sounds very interesting. :lol

wenqin

Post by wenqin » Jun 24th, '07, 04:41

erm ... nvm i found it .. it's called love need miracle . does any 1 know where i can get english subs for that drama?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 24th, '07, 15:52

Elanor wrote:Hi! I'm looking for the name of a historic drama.
It was broadcasted last year in China, where I watched it. But I can't remember the title. It was something about a girl in some kind of girl school. And they cooked a lot of things. And I think it played in the past, because they were all wearing traditional costumes. Mmm, and there was something like a war and a warrior with beard who fell in love with the main character. And I remembered that someone said, that the actress who played the main character was the most popular korean actress at the moment. She had a bit of a round face.
That's all I can remember so far, would be nice if someone could help me.
is it Dae Jang Geum? your description of the cooking makes it sound like it could be. and Lee Young Ae does have a round face. :-)

kinkybullet

Post by kinkybullet » Jun 30th, '07, 16:11

anyone know which kor/chinese series is this?

thx :D

hafizah1901

Post by hafizah1901 » Jun 30th, '07, 16:30

graywolly

Post by graywolly » Jul 5th, '07, 06:42

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew the name of this drama. It's about a boy who is a thief and one day he steals from a girl who is on her way to the hospital to pay for surgery for her friend. The two end up meeting later on. The girl falls in love with the boy who has a girlfriend. The boy learns he has cancer and decides to become a stunt double. The girl and the boy end up together. While the boy's girlfriend who is now his ex becomes close with the girl's brother. The girl's brother has a wife and learns that he shares a different father then the girl. Meanwhile the boy's father who learns that boy has cancer from the ex girlfriend kills himself because he has nothing to live for if the boy dies.

I could name more that happens in the drama but I'm sure that's enough. Oh I forgot the girl is also in a band if that helps.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 5th, '07, 07:04

oops Image

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 6th, '07, 14:44

I saw this on someone's signature:

What drama is this from?

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Jul 6th, '07, 14:51

fizzlex3mh wrote:I saw this on someone's signature:

What drama is this from?
It's from "Thank You". An excelent drama. I recommend it highly.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Thank_You

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 6th, '07, 14:55

@graywolly: it sounds like Ruler Of Your Own World.

WeNwEn426

Post by WeNwEn426 » Jul 15th, '07, 07:30

Hi,

I was watching this drama on an SF channel called KCNS and it shows every saturday from 7-9pm. It's about a woman who is 33 and a guy who is 24....the guy and the woman slept with each other and it was their first times...thats all i remember, it seemed kinda interesting but i didn't get to see the beginning of it...-_-...they dubbed it in chinese and i couldnt read the characters, but there are 4 characters...something something nuren...i hope someone knows what this drama is called....sorry if i cant tell u more...=(

thanks!

ap0stat3

Post by ap0stat3 » Jul 15th, '07, 07:48

WeNwEn426 wrote:Hi,

I was watching this drama on an SF channel called KCNS and it shows every saturday from 7-9pm. It's about a woman who is 33 and a guy who is 24....the guy and the woman slept with each other and it was their first times...thats all i remember, it seemed kinda interesting but i didn't get to see the beginning of it...-_-...they dubbed it in chinese and i couldnt read the characters, but there are 4 characters...something something nuren...i hope someone knows what this drama is called....sorry if i cant tell u more...=(

thanks!
sounds like What's up, Fox!!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/What%27s_Up_Fox%3F

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Jul 15th, '07, 07:54

WeNwEn426 wrote:Hi,

thanks!
It sounds like "what's up fox."
Here does this look familar:

WeNwEn426

Post by WeNwEn426 » Jul 22nd, '07, 03:33

OOOO THATS IT!!!!! THANK U GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! The chinese translation of the title is so wrong/misleading ><!!! yay!! thank u thank u thank u!!! ^_^

Amber111

Post by Amber111 » Jul 26th, '07, 00:53

Does anyone know the name of this drama? It seems really cute :P

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Jul 26th, '07, 02:19

Amber111 wrote:Does anyone know the name of this drama? It seems really cute :P

Looks like kdrama, SNOW IN AUGUST.

IT'S SOOMPI PAGE
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139917

Try it out.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 26th, '07, 02:22

nophankh wrote:

IT'S SOOMPI PAGE

Try it out.
i don't think it's snow in august.

the korean that's on the picture says "thank you", so i think it's probably Thank You. also the website makes it seem like it's probably a mbc drama.

edit: haha. i thought i remembered this request before. the picture's already been asked about and answered. it is Thank You.

Amber111

Post by Amber111 » Jul 26th, '07, 07:05

habukie wrote:
nophankh wrote:

IT'S SOOMPI PAGE

Try it out.
i don't think it's snow in august.

the korean that's on the picture says "thank you", so i think it's probably Thank You. also the website makes it seem like it's probably a mbc drama.

edit: haha. i thought i remembered this request before. the picture's already been asked about and answered. it is Thank You.
Haha sorry I should checked before asking lol, but thank you so much! :D :-)

albertvinh

Post by albertvinh » Jul 26th, '07, 07:29

Dear Habukie,

I'm a new kid on the block to the site since it is currently introduced to me by couple friends. I'm still trying to get to know the site and have a few questions. Can you direct me to whom or what threat I should seek for the answers, such as how to download etc...

I have seen you all have been very patient try to figure out requested Korean movies, dramas for folks who are interesting but with very limited -given information. Thank to you all for this great patron, and I totally support you on your last post, which will give you more details of these episodes that requesters are seeking for.

Keeping up with your fantastic English-sub job and greatly appreciate your quick respond.

Sincerely,

ALV

cjgohan2003

Post by cjgohan2003 » Aug 5th, '07, 17:23

Does anyone know who this actor is? It was on KBS world's drama city: G.O.D and I couldnt find more info about him.

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dramacity/vi ... _1355.html

here's the site, but I don't know how to romanize his name :lol Help please? :cry:

crestedpuff7

Looking for a certain drama

Post by crestedpuff7 » Aug 11th, '07, 18:20

Hello

I am looking for a certain drama I saw a few years ago on an Austin TX broadcast. I think it was a show from KBS. Because I only caught one episode, or maybe it was a movie, I wasn't sure what was going on, but I'd like to find it and see the whole thing.

It was a story that revolved around a guy and a girl... At the end of the movie she was marrying some other guy but somebody said something to her while she was in her wedding dress and she ran out to I suppose his house but he wasn't there and then she ran to this park with a lake and there were some red architectural sculptures around it. She sat there crying.

If anybody knows what I'm talking about, please let me know what the drama is called and if they've seen a sub for it in English.

Thanks so much in advance.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Aug 11th, '07, 19:55

Wrong place

YupHehe

looking for the name of this drama

Post by YupHehe » Aug 13th, '07, 09:31

the drama starts off with 2kids, a boy whose mother is the CEO of some company, a girl whose dad is some high power architect working for this CEO. The two are really good friends like evidently like each other. The architect father marries some famous lady who has a daughter and a son of her own. The step sister moves into the protagonists' life, but the protagonist thought it was ok because she will go study abroad with the CEO's son soon. However a car accident changed everything......

fizzlex3mh

Re: looking for the name of this drama

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 13th, '07, 16:43

YupHehe wrote:the drama starts off with 2kids, a boy whose mother is the CEO of some company, a girl whose dad is some high power architect working for this CEO. The two are really good friends like evidently like each other. The architect father marries some famous lady who has a daughter and a son of her own. The step sister moves into the protagonists' life, but the protagonist thought it was ok because she will go study abroad with the CEO's son soon. However a car accident changed everything......
Stairway to Heaven! I loved that drama...

lilpucal0v3r

Post by lilpucal0v3r » Aug 14th, '07, 06:09

whats on la 18 right now from 10 - 11?

YupHehe

Post by YupHehe » Aug 14th, '07, 10:09

thanks fizzlax3mh

kyou_enna

this might be a little hard to identify? x_x hope not.

Post by kyou_enna » Aug 19th, '07, 07:27

er yeah. That's all I have unfortunately. It was actually someone's userpic on crunchyroll.com, but I couldn't get in touch with the user as to if the picture is from a drama. It seems to me like it would be from a drama, a recent one at that. But again, I'm not too sure. Any help is greatly appreciated ^_^.

JoeCheng

Post by JoeCheng » Aug 19th, '07, 07:55

It seems that this is Lee Jun Ki right? Maybe it´s from his movie Fly Daddy Fly.. because there he plays the role of a student.. But I´m not 100% sure

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Aug 19th, '07, 22:44

JoeCheng wrote:It seems that this is Lee Jun Ki right? Maybe it´s from his movie Fly Daddy Fly.. because there he plays the role of a student.. But I´m not 100% sure
I remember this scene. It is from the MOVIE fly Daddy Fly.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Aug 20th, '07, 03:30

cjgohan2003 wrote:Image

Does anyone know who this actor is? It was on KBS world's drama city: G.O.D and I couldnt find more info about him.

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dramacity/vi ... _1355.html

here's the site, but I don't know how to romanize his name :lol Help please? :cry:
according to the site, his name is Yoo Ha Joon. more at koreanwiz

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Aug 20th, '07, 05:08

nophankh wrote:
JoeCheng wrote:It seems that this is Lee Jun Ki right? Maybe it´s from his movie Fly Daddy Fly.. because there he plays the role of a student.. But I´m not 100% sure
I remember this scene. It is from the MOVIE fly Daddy Fly.
thank you. yeah I just watched it now, and it is him. thanks for the help =D

xjamestar

Post by xjamestar » Aug 24th, '07, 15:42

hey where can i get this drama??

dethos

Post by dethos » Sep 5th, '07, 12:43

i don(t know the title , the story talks about a student,he's a gang member but he finds a girl who wants to be a singer ,and that girl learns him how to dance hip hop

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Sep 5th, '07, 18:21

dethos wrote:i don(t know the title , the story talks about a student,he's a gang member but he finds a girl who wants to be a singer ,and that girl learns him how to dance hip hop
Kdrama: Over the Rainbow.

Does this pic ring a bell?

dethos

Post by dethos » Sep 5th, '07, 20:27

yesss!!! thanks a lot :thumright:

kentomaiku

Post by kentomaiku » Sep 16th, '07, 05:14

hi guys the link to the drama you had a while wasnt the drama i was looking for thanks.. but the plot and characters i dont quite remember but i remember they were working on the firm and had game development ideas and it was sbs most likely since it was airing on KTMP AKA KCNS california for the bay area it aired over 1 year ago thanks..thatz all i can tell ive posted this topic before but it got deleted...and forgot to jot down the drama before hand.

kentomaiku

Post by kentomaiku » Sep 24th, '07, 02:46

guys do you what KTMP channel 32 in the sf bay area is ariing on sundays since three-four weeks ago from 7-8 the plotseems to revolve around 4 singers and a girl and about the music type industry... i have two screen shots...it seems to be revolving a love trianagle with the girl main character..the character name is sangmi apparently..dude name is hyukjoo...it revolves a group called the "gangsters" is apparently a MBC drama

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 24th, '07, 12:45

Not to sure where to ask this but I'll do it here.

Can anyone tell me who this girl is? She looks very familiar to me but I just can't make out who it is...

hecate

Post by hecate » Sep 26th, '07, 20:49

I saw this drama a long time ago on TV. It was about a girl who had magic powers but I don't think she knows that she has powers. That's pretty much all I remember. Can anyone tell me what the drama is?

myrie

Post by myrie » Nov 12th, '07, 11:14

hy.. i wanna know about Kdrama ,Jang Na Ra she play as a chef in China,,

in that drama her partner is from china.. please anybody know the drama??

thaankks