Need help to identify a Kdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Korean drama series here.
morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jun 30th, '09, 09:12

All In.

AHH

Post by AHH » Jun 30th, '09, 09:17

OMG! Yes thanks you so much! I was wondering how the star of Bittersweet Life looked a lot like the star in All in.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jul 9th, '09, 00:14

Ok, I know this much about this (it's dubbed in other language so I can't tell the title)

-The drama is about a gangster and a female doctor (the main actor's the guy who's main in "I am Sam.)
-The beginning scene: a school boy's been beaten by some school bullies (school boy's the main actor in I am Sam) and a school girl's blowing whistle to stop the bullies, telling them she called the cops. The girl told the boy that she wanted to be a doctor when she grow up.

I hope the details're enough, can someone tell me what's this drama?

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Jul 9th, '09, 02:05

ImL0st wrote:Ok, I know this much about this (it's dubbed in other language so I can't tell the title)

-The drama is about a gangster and a female doctor (the main actor's the guy who's main in "I am Sam.)
-The beginning scene: a school boy's been beaten by some school bullies (school boy's the main actor in I am Sam) and a school girl's blowing whistle to stop the bullies, telling them she called the cops. The girl told the boy that she wanted to be a doctor when she grow up.

Dr. Kkang.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jul 9th, '09, 03:31

loveless_soul wrote:
ImL0st wrote:Ok, I know this much about this (it's dubbed in other language so I can't tell the title)

Dr. Kkang.
Is there another title for it? I searched but didn't find any drama with the title beging with "Dr or Doctor"

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 9th, '09, 03:45

ImL0st wrote: Is there another title for it? I searched but didn't find any drama with the title beging with "Dr or Doctor"
700MB Hodoli RAW (no softsub): http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=
S.O.S. hardsub: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jul 9th, '09, 05:37

saigo_x wrote:
ImL0st wrote: Is there another title for it? I searched but didn't find any drama with the title beging with "Dr or Doctor"
700MB Hodoli RAW (no softsub): http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=
S.O.S. hardsub: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=
Thank you saigo_X, it's so old I don't see any seeders but it's good to know, just in case I run across it somewhere :)

Nyar Nyar

What is this Korea Drama by Lee Hui Hyuang??

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jul 9th, '09, 09:44

Hello Dear All,

This series airs in our country & I'm sorry I do not know the leading actors/actress.

The one I knew is Lee Hui Hyuang(famous from I am Happy-2008 Korea tv series with Lee Hoon & Kim Ji Hyun).

The story is about the crime inspector(both of the leading actor/actress are inspectors).
The lead actress is abt 41 years old(I do not believe that she looks much younger) & she always mention her age to others including the lead actor(he is a refresher & new inspector & repport to her). She is also cool. I think she looks alike teh actress who acted as Lee Young Ae's foster mother/teacher in "Jewel in the palace".
She has two(twins) younger sisters who wants to get married but they cannot cause of their big sister not married yet.

Lee Hui Hwang is a rich woman who owns(I think) a big restaurant & she has one daughter.

The series just started & I'm interested & eager to know what will happen between the two leads since most of the scences are funny while they are together.

If anyone of you have seen this, pls. let me know the title of the series & synopisis, pls...

Thks in adv!
Nyarnyar

Cloud_GoGo

Post by Cloud_GoGo » Jul 9th, '09, 18:40

I'm looking for a drama it goes something like this.

The girl is in love with a guy

but he dies or something or the girls lives longer

And she falls in love with his son thinking it's the guy

KuroSawa

ICE GIRL

Post by KuroSawa » Jul 9th, '09, 19:34

There's this drama: ICE GIRL, maybe it's the one you're looking for:

Before the marriage to fiance, a young lady Kim suddenly suffered a heart attack. She was moved to her father's hospital, but her father Dr. Kim was not able to save her. So he took her body and froze her until he could find a way to save her.

And 25 years later, in 2005, she is revided. But she cannot remember her fiance... and she falls in love with his son...
(synopisis form dramawiki :)

Cloud_GoGo

Post by Cloud_GoGo » Jul 9th, '09, 19:53

This is it Thanks :D

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Jul 9th, '09, 21:29

Sounds like it could be Queen of Ahyun. Dramawiki has the summary as: "Wang Hee Ji will be in the role of a public prosecutor who meets and falls in love with another prosecutor who is 12 years younger then her." Her character also is listed as having two younger sisters.

Here's a link:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Queen_of_Ahyun

What channel is it playing on?

Kerye

Post by Kerye » Jul 15th, '09, 20:38

I'm a stranger to KDramas, so I'm having a little bit of difficulty trying to find the name of a particular series.

This series is a bit older, I think. I watched it while my grandma was watching it at least three or four years ago (most likely more). It had Mandarin dubs and was on DVD, so I think it was probably aired earlier than that.

The lead girl's husband, I think it was (either that, or fiancé), was killed in an accident, either car or motorcycle, I believe. She was left with their baby son, and she now lives with her in-laws, I think (or she just visits them a lot). She often drops her son off with her... mother, I believe it is. Or some sort of nanny/babysitter.

The lead guy comes from a wealthy family. His father is a lawyer/businessman/doctor (all I remember is him wearing a suit :P), with some connection to the girl. Either the lead guy likes the lead girl, or the other way around, or it's mutual. The lead guy's mother owns a hair salon, I believe, and I think the lead girl works at that hair salon, although i'm not sure. I think the lead guy's mother is against him liking/dating the lead girl, or something of that sort.

That's all I can remember, really. I hope that someone will find this familiar. :)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 15th, '09, 21:09

Last post...Sounds like BE GOOD GEUM SOON'

Not positive of this. Long drama and very sentimental. Girl very put upon by her inlaws.

Peg

Kerye

Post by Kerye » Jul 15th, '09, 23:36

Peggy wrote:Last post...Sounds like BE GOOD GEUM SOON'

Not positive of this. Long drama and very sentimental. Girl very put upon by her inlaws.

Peg
=O That's it! Thank you so much! :)

Nyar Nyar

Kunbumwa!!

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jul 21st, '09, 05:08

nikkibell84 wrote:Sounds like it could be Queen of Ahyun. Dramawiki has the summary as: "Wang Hee Ji will be in the role of a public prosecutor who meets and falls in love with another prosecutor who is 12 years younger then her." Her character also is listed as having two younger sisters.

Dear Nikkibell84,
Yes! That's it.
Thanks a lot(Kunbumwa) for your info. to this.

As I'm v addicted to this drama, kindly let me know just the ending(will WHJ has a happy ending with KMS)um?? even if it is a spoiler , just hidden the box & tell me, pls....

Thks in adv.
Nyarnyar

For your query, the channel is one of our local channel, cannot be reached by others.

What channel is it playing on?

es500

Need name of drama

Post by es500 » Aug 7th, '09, 20:54

I watched a drama last nite, cable channel KEMS Arirang about 11 pm pacific time, I'm in california.

It's the 4th episode I've seen there are two guys who fall in love with the same girl. The rich guy has always wanted to marry her and his father seems to be a chairman? when the girl falls in love with I believe a poor guy who plays a saxaphone, the rich guy won't take no for an answer so he fires the sax player hoping that would make the girl want to marry him instead.

I've been to the Arirang website and it is listed as oasis but I cannot find any info on it

Any help will be MUCH appreciated Thank you

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 7th, '09, 21:06

nvm

nikkibell84

Re: Kunbumwa!!

Post by nikkibell84 » Aug 7th, '09, 21:11

Nyar Nyar wrote:What channel is it playing on?

I have no idea what happens at the end, as I don't catch the channel. I just looked it up online. I think it plays on MBC in America.

es500

Re: Need name of drama

Post by es500 » Aug 7th, '09, 23:35

es500 wrote:I watched a drama last nite, cable channel KEMS Arirang about 11 pm pacific time, I'm in california.

It's the 4th episode I've seen there are two guys who fall in love with the same girl. The rich guy has always wanted to marry her and his father seems to be a chairman? when the girl falls in love with I believe a poor guy who plays a saxaphone, the rich guy won't take no for an answer so he fires the sax player hoping that would make the girl want to marry him instead.

I've been to the Arirang website and it is listed as oasis but I cannot find any info on it

Any help will be MUCH appreciated Thank you
would it help I think it might be set in the 30's, it looks like the band the poor guy plays in is for a radio show

n christi

Post by n christi » Aug 8th, '09, 06:01

I'm in SoCal and "Oasis" is showing here, too, on the Arirang channel (44.5). Since this is the 60th anniversary of So. Korea, there are special period programs/dramas being shown. "Oasis" is one of them.

This drama was produced in 2003 under the titles of "Desert Spring" and "The Fountain of the Desert." Dramawiki shows it having only three episodes, but perhaps they are long and have been expanded into more than three.

gingercandy

Post by gingercandy » Aug 9th, '09, 15:55

ok I might be stupid.. but could anyone tell me why I can't find Dream with Kim Bum anywhere here? =/
I know it's new but still mhhh

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Aug 9th, '09, 16:28

You can find raws at: http://aja-aja.com/regular/dream

And WithS2 is subbing it. So you can find softsubs at their website:
http://withs2.com/view/dream/

I hope this is of help to you :-D

gingercandy

Post by gingercandy » Aug 9th, '09, 16:31

wow thanks alot <3

BlueGreenApple

Post by BlueGreenApple » Aug 10th, '09, 16:53

I am looking for a Korean drama I watched a long time ago and never got to finish it.

>< Can't remember the name but the plot was about three high school girls, and since I can't remember their name, I'll call them A, B and C.

A was a daughter from this wealthy family, and her dad was like a chairman of some company. B was this girl from this poor family and I don't remember much about C.

@__@ From what I remember, I think they went to an all-girl high school or something like that.

Something happened and A and B met those two dudes, who I shall called Mr. D and Mr. E.
Mr. D was really nice and he did some sort of work that involved him inspecting A's father's company. And Mr. E was this rich playboy.

Some stuff happened that involved like a bet, that caused B to hate Mr. E. A and Mr. D started to like each other but something happened between them. And then time passed, and A's mom got pregnant again, however something happened to to A's dad's company that involved in fraud and I can't remember what happened but in the end, A's dad died.

And then because of whatever happened to the company, A and her mom was forced to leave their home and then some stuff happened and A's mom also died. So A was left to take care of the kids.

And B's dad, who worked under A's dad, became the boss of the company or something like that. And while this is happening, Mr E fell in love with B and keeps bothering her but she was in love with Mr D. And time passed.

And then Mr. D and B saw each other again. And while Mr. D was saying it was sad to hear that her dad passed away, B clarify that it was A's dad that was the one that had died.

That's about all the plot I remember, but I remembered seeing this dubbed into Cantonese and broadcast on DirecTV couple years back.

eva01

1996-97? with Kim Hee Sun

Post by eva01 » Aug 22nd, '09, 05:49

This one is driving me crazy, I remember watching it back in school. I know Kim Hee Sun was the lead actress but it's not any of the ones listed in the DramaWiki.

I'd like to say it also stars Kim Min Jong as the male lead but I could be wrong, as it seems they starred together in a few other dramas. I swear it was him or at least a look alike??

I know this is vague but there was something with a clarinet involved. Very melodramatic almost no humor involved at all. It had a gangster thing to it, he was always protecting her as she always seemed to be involved in debts or some trouble.

She was always pushing him away though. He'd get beat up for her, lots of fight scenes with him rushing in fighting multiple gangsters. She was constantly sad. There was a catchy theme song, which I'm sure doesn't help ID this at all=)

Nyar Nyar

"Wedding Dress" by Kim Hee sun & Kim Min Jong

Post by Nyar Nyar » Aug 25th, '09, 09:20

Hi Eva01,
Kim Hee Sun was the lead actress
I think that series is the old one & is "Wedding Dress" by Kim Hee sun & Kim Min Jong.

Hope this helps!
Nyarnyar

eva01

Post by eva01 » Aug 25th, '09, 18:51

Thanks but that's not it, the drama I'm talking about is slightly older than this. There's no wedding theme really.

dalbin86

a kdrama about a old lady who owns a boarding house???

Post by dalbin86 » Aug 26th, '09, 16:57

Im not sure whats its called but its about a old lady who owns a boarding house with her 2 daughters and one day an old man and his son come to live there and the old man develops a crush for the old lady and the son likes one of the daughters but another student who is also renting the place is in love with the student. it use to air on arirang sometime between 2004-2006.

i think this is the old lady
http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/82/ ... 703406.jpg

gigi116

Post by gigi116 » Sep 7th, '09, 04:08

This seemed to be a comedy, but I remember it being a guy playing and old grandmother but she would change over to her younger self when no one was looking and she wouldn't be all hunched over like she was before she magically changed. I also think she had a crush on her son-in-law, but didn't like the wife (or something like that). I think the son in law was Lee Jong Soo.
http://daheefanel.files.wordpress.com/2 ... =494&h=750

It was a pretty modern show. I don't know the guy's name who played the grandmother. And I don't know what station. Any and all help is appreciated.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 7th, '09, 19:33

I saw a guy`s sig and idk why i got really interested. From what movie/drama is this? I think i`ve seen that actress somewhere. Couldn`t it be Boys over flower?but she looks more like japanese for me.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Sep 8th, '09, 01:43

Neliets wrote:I saw a guy`s sig and idk why i got really interested. From what movie/drama is this? I think i`ve seen that actress somewhere. Couldn`t it be Boys over flower?but she looks more like japanese for me.

That's from the movie "Hana Yori Dango Final" with Inoue Mao, same actress as both seasons of "Hana Yori Dango".

Edit - yes, Japanese, not Korean.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Oct 25th, '09, 11:09

Anyone who remember this K drama bout 2 male prosecutors, 1 is engaged to a female reporter. The other guy used to be the paper-boy and had a crush on the female lead (the reporter) ?

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Nov 11th, '09, 01:30

Does anyone know the name of this drama ? - I'm not really sure if it's historical or modern at all - but it seems like at the beginning there is a princess and the person she loves, she is in a historical period then she arrives in the modern world by some event.
I just saw a snippet of it on SBS and didn't catch the name of the drama or the actors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA :D

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Nov 11th, '09, 02:17

Does anyone know the name of this drama ? - I'm not really sure if it's historical or modern at all - but it seems like at the beginning there is a princess and the person she loves, she is in a historical period then she arrives in the modern world by some event.
I just saw a snippet of it on SBS and didn't catch the name of the drama or the actors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

I think it is A Thousand Years of Love with So Ji Sub

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Nov 11th, '09, 23:00

Lucille wrote: I think it is A Thousand Years of Love with So Ji Sub
Thanks a lot :wub:

mrsseunghyun

Help me find this drama!

Post by mrsseunghyun » Dec 2nd, '09, 02:25

So it is about this girl, who was driving in a car with her husband, and she crashed the car, and framed her husband to be having an affair when really it was her. She goes by the name aran i think, and she claims that she grew up in the states to get her husbands familys permition to marry her. and her brother in law has a furniture shop and his worker grew up with aran and know that she really didnt grow up in the states because they are class mates, and aran forces her to quit her job.

Yeah its bothering me that i cant find the name!! :( helppp!

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Dec 31st, '09, 00:11

Anybody know the name of the drama that has this single woman, I think in her late 30s, who went to visit her OB GYN, I think, and she found out she had a large fibroid and needs an operation, but then it would mean she wouldn't be able to have kids anymore. She's a virgin, I believe, and it's a comedy. She also has a younger sister who's modeling. And she kinda has a thing with this guy, who I think is her best friend's younger brother. And there's this other guy always following her around in his bike. Anyway, she confessed her love to this guy she always had a crush on, who ended up leaving for Canada after divorcing his wife?, cuz I think he ended up being gay. The last I remember, she was an editor at a magazine company, and she was going to get a raise? or promotion?

I'm not sure, but I think the main actress also starred in this other series where she played a detective, and they were after some bad guy who keeps getting away and ended up hurting her, so her partner ended up risking his job by shooting him...

bahh!!! it's killing me. I want the name of that comedy. So if you anybody has any thoughts, please share it. I know I saw it on TV, so it must be MBC or SBS. The main actress kinda has chubby cheeks so...

EDIT: Oh, nvm, I found it - haha! My bad, the character was 33 y.o. and she worked for as sex magazine.. now I remember!...called What's Up Fox? or Foxy Lady :D

mudav

KDrama with main heroine working like a maid *(^__^)*

Post by mudav » Jan 30th, '10, 03:52

It's one of my favourite plots - when main heroine has to be the maid in main guy's house :wub:
As far as I remember there are several dramas with such a plot:

The Last Scandal
Wish Upon A Star (Stars Falling From The Sky)

What else can you add? I feel like I've forgotten smth or maybe I haven't watched smth yet :whistling:

Edited: Full House (thanks, Puppet Princess)
Last edited by mudav on Jan 30th, '10, 04:08, edited 3 times in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 30th, '10, 03:58

Full House is the classic slave girl show. lol

mudav

Post by mudav » Jan 30th, '10, 04:04

Oh yeah! How could I forget this one :cheers: :-D
One of my favourites among the dramas:))))

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 1st, '10, 20:12

Lemme think.... hmmm..

I don`t know if this counts but the girl is under employement of a guy in My Girl.

Dal Jas Spring was the other way around and That fool too, same as Take care of the young lady and there are some others.

OH! I remembered one. ''Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung''. She wasn't maid too long but enough, I think.

And today I finished watching Full house, by the way. It was so damn good... ;D

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Feb 1st, '10, 20:21

Boys Over Flowers (ALL of them (MG, HYD, BBF) - hahaha)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 1st, '10, 23:20

Take care of the young lady got great male lead and Yoon Sang Hyun looked fabulous in white suit/butler tux :wub:
But yes, Full House is the best example of contracted maid, keke, that evil Bi :mrgreen:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

What are different genres called?

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 4th, '10, 17:52

Does the Korean have any names for different kind of genres for dramas. Like Japanese do with; Taiga, Jidaigeki, Tanpatsu etc.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 4th, '10, 19:41

I don't think so, atleast I`ve never heard of something like that, i think.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 4th, '10, 19:59

daeha drama (대하 드라마) - historical
sageuk - legend/historical/action
fusion sageuk - well, hard to explain, historical, but not so solemn (HGD, Chuno)
Be more in some time.

SouthsideIrish

Re: What are different genres called?

Post by SouthsideIrish » Feb 4th, '10, 20:00

Keiko1981 wrote:Does the Korean have any names for different kind of genres for dramas. Like Japanese do with; Taiga, Jidaigeki, Tanpatsu etc.
The thing is is that Tanpatsu is not a genre, it simply means one-shot, while Renzoku means continuing. Taiga is a trade mark of NHK for their period dorama's but all period dorama's are Jidaigeki.

Korean's do have at least one genre which is daeha drama (대하 드라마) for period dorama's

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 4th, '10, 20:45

Thank you everyone, it answered my question.

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 5th, '10, 11:53

Definitely Full House. If you have not watched it, You gotta.

rbtl

Post by rbtl » Feb 5th, '10, 15:14

successfull story of a bright girl

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Feb 5th, '10, 15:54

I dont know the movie 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, but i could have such theme.

shearerc

Post by shearerc » Feb 6th, '10, 15:45

Fantasy Couple (MBC, 2006)

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Feb 6th, '10, 16:10

Haha, oh yeah... Fantasy Couple. That one counts!

I watched that because it's based on the American movie Overboard, one of my favorites. :lol

Hazel Eyes

Re: Help me find this drama!

Post by Hazel Eyes » Feb 7th, '10, 04:45

mrsseunghyun wrote:So it is about this girl, who was driving in a car with her husband, and she crashed the car, and framed her husband to be having an affair when really it was her. She goes by the name aran i think, and she claims that she grew up in the states to get her husbands familys permition to marry her. and her brother in law has a furniture shop and his worker grew up with aran and know that she really didnt grow up in the states because they are class mates, and aran forces her to quit her job.

Yeah its bothering me that i cant find the name!! :( helppp!
U got it .. Temptation of an Angel :D

thootshe_roll

Post by thootshe_roll » Feb 7th, '10, 18:31

Boys Over Flower
Thirty Thousand Miles in Search of my Son
Lovers In Paris
Full House
Fantasy Couple

xxxzxxx

Post by xxxzxxx » Feb 12th, '10, 22:52

Please help me name this drama. (as I remember it, then it was a korean drama)
I don't remember much about it but I think it was about a man who was engaged to a woman. But then he falls in love with another woman and since he can't cancel the engagement he gives the other woman a ring as a symbol of her becoming his mistress.
As I remember it then the man was pretty rich while the woman (his mistress) was normal of wealth or poor.
I also think that his fiance and her father were trying to blackmail him when they figured that he wanted to cancel the wedding. (I'm not entirely sure of that though):P

Hope anyone is able to help me:)

vachou

Post by vachou » Feb 12th, '10, 23:22

xxxzxxx wrote:Please help me name this drama. (as I remember it, then it was a korean drama)
I don't remember much about it but I think it was about a man who was engaged to a woman. But then he falls in love with another woman and since he can't cancel the engagement he gives the other woman a ring as a symbol of her becoming his mistress.
As I remember it then the man was pretty rich while the woman (his mistress) was normal of wealth or poor.
I also think that his fiance and her father were trying to blackmail him when they figured that he wanted to cancel the wedding. (I'm not entirely sure of that though):P

any other details ? i'm not sure but it might be You are my destiny

hm278

Post by hm278 » Feb 13th, '10, 01:35

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I could find these 2 K-drama with English subs since I don't know korean language...
1) Be Strong Geum-Soon
2) Famous Princesses ..... (Synopsis from DramaWiki)
“Famous Princesses” (English title: "The Infamous Chill Sisters" ) is a Korean drama/comedy about
the Na family which depicts various problems and situations that today's modern families face,
which elicits both tears and laughter from its viewers. The story line is centered around the four
daughters of Na Yangal-a retired military officer who now works as a security guard of an
apartment complex-and his wife-Myung Ja. The story of their oldest daughter, Deok-chil, revolves
around the divorce she has from her unloving husband, Soohan after she is caught having an
affair with her Soohan's best friend. She then re-marries her male business partner, Wang
Seontaek but most deal with the problems that re-married couples often face, most notably
Seontaek's oldest daughter Sora who doesn't like Deokchill. The upbeat and confident second
daughter, Seol-chil-who is the pride and joy of the family and plays the role of the son her father
never had-is a captain in the Korean army. She is in love with her friend Ilhan, while one of her
fellow army soliders, Hanam, is in love with her. Seol-chil's fraternal twin, Mi-chil,is an attractive
woman but is also the family’s troublemaker. She is jealous and resentful towards Seochil because
she is Mr. Na's favorite daughter. As an act of revenge, Michill steals Ilhan from Seochil but then
soon faces more problems in her relationship with Ilhan. Finally, the youngest daughter, Teng-chil,
becomes pregnant and marries her boyfriend, Taeja at a young age. However she then faces
numerous conflicts with Taeja-who has trouble staying faithful to her-and her strict and demanding
mother-in-law.

TQ in advance.... :)

xxxzxxx

Post by xxxzxxx » Feb 13th, '10, 11:06

vachou wrote:
xxxzxxx wrote:Please help me name this drama. (as I remember it, then it was a korean drama)

It's not that - The one I'm searching for doesn't have that many episodes (I think it has between 11-24)

I remember a bit more - I think the "mistress" had a friend (wether they became friend or was already I don't remember) which is in love with her, but he remains as her friend since he knows that she loves the other man.

aeo

Need help in figuring out the title of a Korean drama

Post by aeo » Mar 8th, '10, 23:23

Hi everyone. If any of you can help me with this, that would be great. I am trying to figure out the title of a Korean drama that probably aired late 1990's or early 2000's. I don't remember the cast member names. The story begins with a couple of friends, ages early 20's, vacationing in Jejudo Island. Two of the members of the group are brothers. It rains, they come upon a house that is occupied by a female, age maybe mid forties. They take temporary shelter and when the rain stops, they take off. While they were there, the younger brother tells the older brother that he thinks the woman is attractive. When the vacation is over, the group take off for Seoul. Not long thereafter, the woman leave for Seoul too.

The woman is an executive in some company and is a single parent to a young teenage daughter. The two brothers live with their parents but I think their mother past away awhile ago so its only their father and them. The younger brother is in college and very smart. He gets an internship with a company that happens to be run by the woman. In that company, there is a female employee, late teens to early 20's, who is a friend of the younger brother and is secretly attracted to him.

When the younger brother and the woman meets again, it is a surprise. He still thinks she is attractive while she has no such thoughts towards him. While working there, he tries to start a relationship with her. She initially rebuffs him but begins to feel attraction for him too. However, she is hesitant to start a relationship with him because of the age difference and due to her young daughter.

Over objections of family, friends, colleagues etc, they start going out and become a couple. Due to societal pressure and family, they break up but get back together. I think somewhere between breaking up and then going back together again, she is diagnosed with brain cancer or some terminal illness and does not have long to live. They get married and he takes care of her until she dies. That's basically it. Any ideas?

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Mar 19th, '10, 15:22

Stars from the sky had the usual Korean facepalm last episode, but otherwise was great. the main couple fit together so well.

there is no way they could ever have a kid of their own in that household.

And last scandal was great. Especially with the daughter complicating things. And the daughter son connection was both squicky and a very pretty and desirable thing.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Mar 19th, '10, 15:59

In Autumn in my Heart, aka Endless Love 1, the heroine Yun/Choi Eun Suh works as maid for 1 of the 2 main guys, Han Tae Suhk. Lovely drama, now at part 10. Think I'll download Full House next; seemingly endless rave reviews.

mikinojr

need help looking for this drama

Post by mikinojr » May 6th, '10, 23:36

Hi D-addicts, i'm looking for a k-drama (well i think it was korean) , i saw it awhile back and i want to recommend it to a friend of mine.

"kind of" synopsis:

Two sisters are running for their life as their parents are killed/ something in that manner. while they were running they lost eachother and one of them ended up growing up at some adoptive family while the other sister lives with her grandfather. Throughout the years the sister that lives with the grandfather desperately looks for the other sister and in the end they get to see eachother again.

Note that there is an special item in this drama, i think it was wedding rings of their parents they had one each so that they could find eachother later-on.

some help finding this drama would be great ^^ :-)

xLOST_M3MORiES

Post by xLOST_M3MORiES » May 8th, '10, 07:03

Hi, i would greatly appreciate anyone who helps me find the name of this korean drama because it's bugging me that i can't get it!!! I don't remember much but here's a little synopsis of the drama.

I don’t remember this drama much, but there is this scene where the guy(he isn’t the lead) gives the lead girl a makeover and brings her to his friend’s(it’s a girl) art gallery show. She happens to meet the lead guy there and all three of them (the guy who gave the lead girl the makeover, the lead guy, and the art gallery girl) happen to be really good friends. No one recognizes her cause she is wearing a long haired wig.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Jun 15th, '10, 10:36

Oh! My Lady..older heroine compare to the hero..

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jun 15th, '10, 10:48

Successful Story of a Bright Girl Jang Nara both a maid and a schoolgirl so double dose of cuteness.

nadyasweet

Post by nadyasweet » Jun 21st, '10, 00:57

hi...can i ask this..

what the name of kdrama = swallow the sun

this drama got sung yu ri (snow quen) on it...i want to download and search at torrent...can someone tell me its name on torrent search?

zooey
Philippines

Re: need help looking for this drama

Post by zooey » Jun 21st, '10, 01:38

mikinojr wrote:Hi D-addicts, i'm looking for a k-drama (well i think it was korean) , i saw it awhile back and i want to recommend it to a friend of mine.

"kind of" synopsis:

Two sisters are running for their life as their parents are killed/ something in that manner. while they were running they lost eachother and one of them ended up growing up at some adoptive family while the other sister lives with her grandfather. Throughout the years the sister that lives with the grandfather desperately looks for the other sister and in the end they get to see each other again.

Note that there is an special item in this drama, i think it was wedding rings of their parents they had one each so that they could find eachother later-on.

some help finding this drama would be great ^^ :-)
This one sounds like the kdrama "Glass Shoes" but I'm not sure about the wedding rings though. It's been a while since I watched this.
xLOST_M3MORiES wrote:Hi, i would greatly appreciate anyone who helps me find the name of this korean drama because it's bugging me that i can't get it!!! I don't remember much but here's a little synopsis of the drama.

I don’t remember this drama much, but there is this scene where the guy(he isn’t the lead) gives the lead girl a makeover and brings her to his friend’s(it’s a girl) art gallery show. She happens to meet the lead guy there and all three of them (the guy who gave the lead girl the makeover, the lead guy, and the art gallery girl) happen to be really good friends. No one recognizes her cause she is wearing a long haired wig.
This, I think is from "Coffee Prince". Again, I'm not sure but I remember Yoon Eun Hye donning a wig and getting a makeover.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jun 21st, '10, 02:27

xxxzxxx wrote:
vachou wrote:

It's not that - The one I'm searching for doesn't have that many episodes (I think it has between 11-24)

I remember a bit more - I think the "mistress" had a friend (wether they became friend or was already I don't remember) which is in love with her, but he remains as her friend since he knows that she loves the other man.

This sounds like "How to meet a perfect neighbor." In this drama, there are about three story lines, but the main one is the love triangle between the playboy, rich guy, and goffy girl. I really like this drama, My favorite scene is when they are at the ridiculous magic show and he asks her to be his mistress.

Nyar Nyar

Don't Hesitate / Temptation of First Love final ??

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jun 23rd, '10, 07:56

Hello all,

Currently, I'm watching this series"Don't Hesitate / Temptation of First Love" in oneof local channel.

The story is interesting & it's just a start.

I have tried to find our more details of this in all webs as I am so addicted the leading ones "Lee Sang Woo" & Lee Tae Im pair.

As I know it has over 90 episodes & DVD is not coming out yet, can someone tell me the final episode (ending of the story) though it may be a spoiler.

Thanks ina advance!
Nyar

Pythia

Post by Pythia » Jun 23rd, '10, 08:19

Hi,
You can watch this drama at http://www.viikii.net/.

Nyar Nyar

"Don't hesitate/Temptation of first love" final???

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jun 23rd, '10, 09:45

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your kind info.

But it's too bad we cannot watch online as (here)at our end has some limitations on downloading/watching on line...eww..

Do me a favour again?
If you can download the final episode, just copy & send it to me via this.
Is it possible? Please...

Thks in adv!
Nyar

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Jun 23rd, '10, 13:26

there are a lot of download links from soompi if you want! but viikii is the only place with a subtitles. FYI it is a happy ending for all the actor even for soo hyun uncle, her best friend seong-mi, nobody died and everyone and i meant EVERY character have a happy ending. i just finnished watching everything from viikii.

P/s; i don't think a guy like tae woo ssi exists in this world. he is TTTTOOOOOOOOO perfect! i luv the writer's imagination!

Nyar Nyar

Dont' Hesitate/ Temptation of first love final??

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jun 24th, '10, 05:03

Hello Isbes83,

Thanks to you too.

Great to hear that it has a happy ending. Me too, I love Tae Woo so much with his cool style though he loves Soo Hyun very much..

Is there any lovely scences for those two as far as I see first parts are with her first lover(eww, I hate him so much, he never tells Soo Hyun he's already married), not with Tae Woo.

I forgot to ask ..I mean not to download the video files, just send me the recaps like in drama beans..It's helpful a lot for everyone like us who cannot download/watch on line..
One of my friend helped me this way..but now she's busy with her tight schedule..

As such, could you pls. help me for the final review as requested above...

Thks in adv!
Nyar