Viande

Nice Guy (KBS2, 2012)

Post by Viande » Sep 19th, '12, 22:02

Title: 세상 어디에도 없는 차칸남자 / Sesang Eodiedo Eobsneun Chakan Namja
Also known as: 차칸남자 (Nice Guy) / The Good Man Never Seen Before / Innocent Man
Genre: Melodrama, romance
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2012-Sept-12 to 2012-Nov-??
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
DramaWiki
Official site

Synopsis:
Betrayed by his girlfriend Han Jae Hee, Kang Ma Roo uses Seo Eun Gi, an heiress who has lost her memory, to exact his revenge. DramaWiki

Main cast:
Song Joong Ki as Kang Ma Roo
Kang Chan Hee (강찬희) as young Ma Roo
Moon Chae Won as Seo Eun Gi
Park Si Yeon as Han Jae Hee
Park So Young (박소영) as young Jae Hee

Production:
Director: Kim Jin Won (김진원)
Writer: Lee Kyung Hee

Subtitles:
Here

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '12, 08:01

Jeez, with all these dramas this season I've managed to watch only first episode and some half of the second. All I can say is I like it but not love it so far. I know Seo Eun Gi may annoy people, but for once I like to see two ladies in one drama that don't take carp from anyone, plus Eun Gi having murderous attitude. I only hope they won't make her into teary sobbing clingy mess later on. :salut:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 20th, '12, 12:28

I watched the first two episodes but didn't really get hooked. I'm a little sad to say that the first episode was just plain bad (read annoying) in my opinion and the second was just a bit better. I don't find the characters that interesting and one of the reasons might be the idea of having a good guy that takes all crap (knowingly), which is something that I really hate in stories. (Like Ii Hito.) And the second one is this bitc* who is bitc* only because life/people don't treat her the way she wants. I really hope some change will happen in these two main characters and I believe they will. The second episode looked much better in this matter. Also.. watching some epic angst (Five Fingers) at the same time might have something to do with this disappointment. :mrgreen: These two have actually very similiar idea and I'm confused why I didn't like Nice Guy as much.

But, it has some good points! I absolutely love to see Park Si Yeon and Song Joong Ki again. :wub: Sadly they don't seem to be the main love line. (or will they? :mrgreen: who knows if they turn tables.)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '12, 12:47

Well, in terms of tension and hatred level, Nice Guy seems flat and blank comparing to flaming Five Fingers, that's true. There is no evil Mother from Hell here.

I will be watching this but not with same raging emotions and anticipation as FF, I guess.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Sep 21st, '12, 12:18

The third episode was even better than the first two. I'm really starting to like the two main characters. I love that you never know who's manipulating who and if they truly mean what they're saying. It's so unlike your usual K-drama romance because there are so many layers to everything that's happening. I love the fact that the two main characters are cold, smart, manipulative, and distant people, yet they seem to somehow understand each other very easily. Personally I find this very refreshing from the usual "love at first sight" kind of romance. Actually, I wouldn't call it a romance at all (or maybe not yet). You just simply don't know what's going on inside the two characters' heads, and one thing I love in dramas is to be kept guessing.

So far I think "Nice Guy" is off to a very good start. I think this is the most interesting drama I've seen from Lee Kyung Hee since "I'm sorry I love you". "Thank You" annoyed me, "A Love to Kill" had terrible characters and was too melodramatic, and I've only managed to watch the first three episodes of "Will it Snow for Christmas?". So far I think "Nice Guy" has the perfect balance between good characters, melodrama, plot, and (possible) romance, that all the aforementioned dramas were lacking. I hope it will keep on being this way. :-)

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 29th, '12, 12:20

I wouldn't say this is unusual or surprising drama. I've seen enough revenge melodramas to guess the plot and characters' motives but this isn't badly made either. It's just what you happen to value more.

After wobbly start, they have now nicely built the story into more complex net where everyone have their own secrets. Even the characters have more depth now. Although, excluding Maroo, they're pretty predictable. But it doesn't really bother me as long as acting is good and plot interesting to follow. Needless to say, I like Ma Roo and the battle he's having about his feelings. He looks/acts cold but he stil hasn't got rid of his caring feelings. He's just trying to ignore them.

Ep 6 was nice. Lots of secrets coming out. I'm personally looking forward to see Ma Roo & Jae Hee arguing back and forth and hoping Eun Gi will stay as third wheel, but it's only my wishful thinking. Usually this using guy ends up falling in love with his tool because he feels bad for her. I'm hoping this will be more complex case.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '12, 12:53

oh dear, we are still on page 1 here? ok, me joining this thread now. I have marathoned all eps available and now ready for new ones.

have to admit that first ep was not that appealing for me for some reasons. I did not like both of female characters and MR character felt so meh to me so I stopped for weeks before picking it up again and soon after that I got totally hooked.

I just start from latest eps because everything about characters and storylin is been said above and I do agree with them.
all characters are written so well and you can understand all reasons behind their actions. also the pace of this drama was going so great until when the disaster hit. I mean ep9and 10.
oh my god, what were they thinking??? :crazy:
I seriously hated both of last week eps. that amnesia story is so lame, cheesy and cliche and they way it was executed was even worse. I was cringing when EG was telling MR how she feels the love in her heart and how she knows they used to be in love with each other. it sounded so dated and so 80's storyline. and then kidnapping and chasing after ...Aaaargh!
now I really don't know what to expect from this drama. let's just see if there'll be any difference in EG condition after ep10 and if she's going back to her old self or if they going to drag this over more eps and continue JH do her evil deeds.
so now JH turned into this monster that can get by her beauty? I thought so low of her to be using it now on everyone. I did buy it when she was using it on MR and the attorney but now threatening all old rich guys's wives and getting what she wants? It's just lame...

and There is one cutie that keeps me more than happy whenever he's on screen and that's Attorney Park or Joon he. seriously, I just loved his character from ep1 and they way he was so caring and so in love with EG. even though I really love MR and want him to be happy but I also want EG to end up with JH. because he was always there for her and defending her rights and backing her up not to mention being hopelessly in love with her.

MR just has too many excess baggages from before. JH messed him up in really bad way and he keeps running to her. I just wonder if he really can be happy with EG

and I really hated choco in first 2 eps and thought she is going to be one of those annoying spoiled siblings in the whole drama but thank goodness that I was wrong. I totally adore her character and her love for JG now. these two are beyond adorable and cute together.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 15th, '12, 13:36

Issy, my dear, you forgot about the launch of Samsung Galaxy S4 , that's the most important thing !
I agree with what Issy said ,I loved that drama but now I can't even describe how disappointed am I, what a waste of story, what awful turn , it's like they put the whole melodramas cliches in those 2 episodes ! I'm so angry , really ! I have a love relationship with the actors so thinking about dropping it, is a torture for me !
There are 2 good things that happenned in those 2 episodes :
1-Everyone changed his hair cut , MR is just too damn sexy, when he appeared I just screamed how hot he is !
2-I think they showed that MR really cares about EG , he was keeping that paper (where she was wanted ), he had her in his dream and he really tries to protect her , we know that he's not that kind of person anymore that will care about people but he did, when he was chasing that car we saw it, I felt it !
I hope, I really do, next episodes will make it up for those 2 *fingers crossed*

P.s: Issy, sorry but you have to fight for Attorney Park !
Last edited by Sham26 on Oct 15th, '12, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '12, 14:34

Sham26 wrote:Issy, my dear, you forgot about the launch of Samsung Galaxy S4 , that's the more important thing ![/spoiler]
I hope, I really do, next episodes will make it up for those 2 *fingers crossed*

P.s: Issy, sorry but you have to fight for Attorney Park !
Wuhahah! yep! apparently Samsung is not going to release GS4 or new version of Galaxy Note 10.1 tab in 2013-2014 as they were still using their S3 and current Galaxy Note tabs every where. Unless TaeSan has gone bankrupt and can't afford to update their techs. :lol

as for the cute attorney Park (will call him Joon He from now on as we have been on close terms by now) :wub: , I will fight you over him. NOT giving him up at all. :rambo:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 18th, '12, 22:49

I went through 6 episodes in row (I need to sleep at least 3 hours a day :P ) and maybe I should wait for end to start? I just have bad feeling about how this story ends, I am not going to like it, I think.
I root for MR to have his revange but I just can't imagine happy ending for him, rather this coyote story so no happy ending for EG too (well attorney maybe but more like adviser then boyfriend..). I may change my mind later as it is still early in the story.
Hate HJ for MR part but with her background can understand her determination to win comfortable place for herself and her son. Still no excuses for MR treatment so - burn in hell girl :glare: Btw I sense serve psychiatrc problem in her. How EG father can not see how false she is (organ donor speach was :goggle: :doh:) ?
MR himself gives me mixed feelings. I just cant imagine how could he go to prison for HJ with his sister sick, well how he could destroy his bright future for girl :blink. I am with EG father on this: even 30 % of trust is too much but (sexist guy :glare: ) I would extend it to man as well. So inteligent guy with blind spot for girls in distress generally and HJ personaly :hissy:.
So only person who did not manage to annoy me so far is EG (and her attorney)

Why even caucasian people speak strange English here?

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '12, 23:46

shiofmedea wrote:So only person who did not manage to annoy me so far is EG (and her attorney)

Why even caucasian people speak strange English here?
Oh dear, we have another admirer (or admirer in making) over Attorney Park. :heart:

ok, so ep11 was waaaaaay better than ep10. I really liked it and its last few mins really made my day. (recently, kdramas have learned how to bring a happy grin to my face by their ending scenes) :P
JaeHee is evil and a B***H. I get that she's doing it for sake of her child and he has as much right in TaeSan as EG but seriously, the evil ticks she plans is just too much. the only happy and satisfied ending for me is to see her die a most horrible death! I have no sympathy what so ever left in me for her.
so I guess
that's how the rest of drama going to be. EG still in amnesia and won't remember till the end. I was hoping they get this cliche story over by ep11 but the way all events happened, there is no hope of it anymore.
now the problem is to do when JH going to find out about EG's condition...again, I so wished this story won't go this direction...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 19th, '12, 00:41

Well I like bad guys so even if attorney Park is cute I stand by MR. I am impressed (ok saw better but still) by his manipulations and way of dealing with people in general and woman particulary.
I do not think memmory loss will be permanent or they will wait to the end. More drama would come if she remember to mess with MR/EG current paradise so they will go this direction for sure (flesh by flesh to not make it easy I guess)
For JH I hate her too. MR is biggest part but she is hypocrite too and this is something which I can't stand in people. Be bad be good but not pose as something you are not. She was so passionate reporter for justice and then made herself nice place in world she was so against. By sex what even worse! So horrible not death but suffering in very bad prison or even better living on streets with bad case of sickness like I do not know.. cancer? Death is too good for her :cussing: I feel kind of bad for her son but EG deserves full ownership. And that she is doing it for her son.. well, second reason if you ask me, she would take the same path even without child, having it made her win over EG mother only. I do not deny her love for him but he is not main driver here, she is too selfish for that.

Went to 9th episode (checking 11th on my way :P ) and
this drama end is going to be Hamlet-like: mass-grave of the cast. Everyboy is ill here :blink
If you add lost memory and "all this my mother did that, his father did this" thing it is like putting together every plot from melodramas.
I am reconsidering watching it - they are going to kill MR in bed! :glare: I could stand it if it was some glory and melodramatic kind of death thing but I hate those hospital death bed last love speaches, uh.. :x

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 19th, '12, 23:44

[quote="shiofmedea"]Well I like bad guys so even if attorney Park is cute I stand by MR. I am impressed (ok saw better but still) by his manipulations and way of dealing with people in general and woman particulary.
I do not think memmory loss will be permanent or they will wait to the end. More drama would come if she remember to mess with MR/EG current paradise so they will go this direction for sure (flesh by flesh to not make it easy I guess)
For JH I hate her too. MR is biggest part but she is hypocrite too and this is something which I can't stand in people. Be bad be good but not pose as something you are not. She was so passionate reporter for justice and then made herself nice place in world she was so against. By sex what even worse! So horrible not death but suffering in very bad prison or even better living on streets with bad case of sickness like I do not know.. cancer? Death is too good for her :cussing: I feel kind of bad for her son but EG deserves full ownership. And that she is doing it for her son.. well, second reason if you ask me, she would take the same path even without child, having it made her win over EG mother only. I do not deny her love for him but he is not main driver here, she is too selfish for that.

Went to 9th episode (checking 11th on my way :P ) and
this drama end is going to be Hamlet-like: mass-grave of the cast. Everyboy is ill here :blink
If you add lost memory and "all this my mother did that, his father did this" thing it is like putting together every plot from melodramas.
I am reconsidering watching it - they are going to kill MR in bed! :glare: I could stand it if it was some glory and melodramatic kind of death thing but I hate those hospital death bed last love speaches, uh.. :x
so after 12 ep
and now I have feeling that we will be given coma part too in the future
plus HJ is going to ruin company by publicate those files about EG father when going down
Aaa. :crazy: can I have this one time happy ending? usually I do not care but just this one time?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 24th, '12, 21:41

No, no and once again no!
Not regresion in memory every time she is reminded of his previous schemes!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 25th, '12, 21:09

ok I have to go back on my last comment :foot:
maybe it is good that Faith is going to end next week as my second obsession is slowly approaching point of no return. Two such dramas in row would be too much. What exceptional season it is!
Anyway Maru is seriously dangerous guy and next one who can freeze oponent in one expression (or rather lack of it). I am more and more in love of his character and rest of drama crew as well. Even if I usually stay away from melodrama as characters tend to anjoy me here I found them belivable and complex enough (except EG father - he was standart one but did not last long) even supporting ones add pepper to the story. Fact that they are generaly strong helps a lot, even in current stage EG spirit is showing through.
And fact that they tand to make my day almost every Thursday by ending on high note
and showing Maru once again on the top (got to admire his smirk, really :wub: )
helps a lot..
but pitty he had to put such strong card on the table now.
[/spoiler]

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 26th, '12, 01:57

I have to admit that Nice Guy is very addictive. once you get into its story, you keep wanting more...
but last two eps were weak and not so clever as they used to be. the amnesia story is getting out of control. I just watched ep13 and 14 back to back and only memorable scene was the one at the end of ep14. thank goodness they did not leave me on killing mode today.
ES is still struggling with he amnesia and looking all pitiful (I just had enough of this EG now. just give me the old B***h EG please!) and annoying most of times and JaeHee being evil JaeHee still trying her old tricks.

and honestly, I actually foresaw how the whole ep14 will go and it did exactly as I thought it would. I knew they will trick her by bringing a different CEO and she will mess it up then goes and stand infront of his house till night to ask for his forgiveness and then he will give her the whole contract just for doing so. you know what? IT REALLY DID HAPPEN!!!! this was so easy writing. just copy and paste from other different dramas and change all names. so disappointed!
the only pleasure in these two eps was watching SJK do his excellent portrayal of Kang Maru! I just love this character. it has so many depths and levels. not to mention such amazing facial expressions that you just know what he is feeling inside. and that smirk at the end of ep14??? it was PRICELESS!!!

and of course, I can not forget uri super cute Atorney Park :wub: I just love his loyalty and his love to EG. even when he knows by siding with Maru he will lose the love of his love, he still would not betray him. he broke my heart when he said "If I love someone, do I have to have them?" a part of me said "Yes you do! go after her and maker her yours" but I know very well that he would not do that. :cry:

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 26th, '12, 14:50

I totally lost my interest at the ep 9. I just don't see why they had to make such decisions about the plot. :x And Jae Hee... I'm sorry but her character just gets worse. I like evil characters but Jae Hee is just bleh.

I wanted to rant more about the plot and characters but I think I will just keep it to myself. I can only say I'm very disappointed in this drama considering it has Song Joong Ki and Park Si Yeon, two actors whom I really like. I will continue with this if it seems that the end gets better or when I have more time.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 26th, '12, 15:28

I really can see why you are disappointed with it. the amnesia story really ruined it for me. I have more or less same feelings. EG character right now is just total mess. they want to show her other "nice" side that's hidden inside her and as they really could not do it with original EG, they had to make her forget. but now this EG is so pathetic and annoying specially when she talks about love, feeling, blah blah blah

JH's evil character is not even that clever. her plans keep getting recycled and she never learns from her previous mistakes and keep doing them again. how many times she has shown us that I-can't-believe-he-is-not-in-love-with-me-anymore face so far and still in new eps you see her shocked face and then comes drinking...and you wonder if she still loves MR but next she comes with a total evil plan to ruin him again.

I don't mind these plans coming from her evil attorney because he has a strong reason behind it. but you tell me she is still planing all those most evil plans against MR at the same time she gets shocked to see why he no longer loves her is just stupid writing. I don't buy this crap that behind her hate there is a deep love for MR exist and that's why she feels sad everytime he fights back. and why on earth she has no recollection of her killing that guy at all? even if it was self defence, she acts as this never happened in her life.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 26th, '12, 17:59

Ep 13 & 14 were darn bad!
I'm not in love with the story anymore but in love with the characters, may be it's because I love the actors but I just got involved in their stories and enjoying it !
I'm not a fan of the writer so I'm not expecting much especially after 4 disappointing episodes !
And I have to say that KMR is the nicest guy I've ever seen in kdramaland :wub: and Attorney Park, you can have me,you know

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 26th, '12, 19:19

Issy wrote:I really can see why you are disappointed with it. the amnesia story really ruined it for me. I have more or less same feelings. EG character right now is just total mess. they want to show her other "nice" side that's hidden inside her and as they really could not do it with original EG, they had to make her forget. but now this EG is so pathetic and annoying specially when she talks about love, feeling, blah blah blah

JH's evil character is not even that clever. her plans keep getting recycled and she never learns from her previous mistakes and keep doing them again. how many times she has shown us that I-can't-believe-he-is-not-in-love-with-me-anymore face so far and still in new eps you see her shocked face and then comes drinking...and you wonder if she still loves MR but next she comes with a total evil plan to ruin him again.

I don't mind these plans coming from her evil attorney because he has a strong reason behind it. but you tell me she is still planing all those most evil plans against MR at the same time she gets shocked to see why he no longer loves her is just stupid writing. I don't buy this crap that behind her hate there is a deep love for MR exist and that's why she feels sad everytime he fights back. and why on earth she has no recollection of her killing that guy at all? even if it was self defence, she acts as this never happened in her life.
Exactly! I blame the script, although some people are really that dumb... But who wants to watch that kind of stupidity in drama? Not me at least. Only dumb cuties for me. ^^

@Sham KMR nicest? I wouldn't say that. If you're nice, you don't hurt people just to look bad.

About Attorney Park, we have a looooong line of people claiming him. :mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 26th, '12, 22:29

Sorry, but why do we keep this Maru is nice guy image? He is loyal, determined and dedicated and a lot other superlatives but nice is not the word I could use to describe him. That he can be nice to very limited number of people not make him nice. It only makes him more dangerous. Only nice guy in this drama is this everybody here love aka Atorney Park. And even he has some scars in character.

I stoped following plot when it come to dead end just before incident and amnesia was only saver to keep going. I just enjoy Maru responses (as I said his winning smirk makes my every Thursday) and general acting... well except HJ who is overdoing this scared and disbelieving faces which btw nobody notice and react to :blink. And isn't her brother delightful with his shameless evilness?
I do not say HJ is not believable,People can be delusional to incredible level if they focus on something they just want to be truth. And looking from outside it impossible to belive that somebody can act like this. Still she is too much or rather her plot is too much but well, just another dead end in motion. If she loose interest in Maru melodrama will stop. And this is why I hate melodrama - there is always point when you just want beat your own and even better characters heads with hammer to bring them to senses.
Maybe EG regain memory and put her oven revenge in motion this time keeping fact that she have it back hidden (another melodramatic plot in action)? This could be a bit more interesting, I liked her strong.

So hate plot like set-up and most characters and actors and I keep driving myself crazy once again over not so good from logical point of view but still great drama. This season is strange :lol

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 26th, '12, 23:01

For me, he's a "nice guy".
In ep14, the scene when EG was acting cazy/angry, if it was for me (Even if I loved that person), I will just leave her like that or shout at her. He's even nice to JH, why he didn't let her bow down?
And even when he was a spy and hurting some people, he had a coscience, bad people don't have that ! Add to that, if you're nice to everyone, you're not a human,you're an angel and I hate those charcaters. In real life too, I don't like those people, they are just fake to me.

The line's getting longer and longer but I'm first :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 27th, '12, 10:01

if you shout you would acomplished nothing. It is not being nice by itself it is resonable treatment in such case. I'm just saying that nice is not proper world by definition to describe Maru. You do not need to be nice to everybody but you do not call nice somebody who has this cold, calculative, manipulative side.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 27th, '12, 13:45

Well, I have always wondered about its title "Nice Guy/Innocent Man" and if it meant sarcastically or for real. Some how I see Innocent Man fits more than a Nice Guy for Maru.
He was nice in its whole meaning before he got involved with JH's murder case. I think Nice is just not the right term with him too. Infact, it's such simpleton word to describe him. If it has to be taken literary, he's not a nice because he approached and used EG for his revenge. But then he fell in love with her for real so all of his recent caring and affectionate gestures towards her is out of love. anyone in love can do this and they don't even have to be nice. If Maru was nice in every sense, he wouldn't even think of getting back to JH in the first place. Not to mention all of his poor women and clients who tricked. If you say he did this to feed his sister and keep her alive, there are million other ways to do it but he chose this way. So he's not really nice.

For me Maru was a sweet and innocent guy who believed in love so much he sacrificed his whole life for it. But JH tainted his innocence by betraying him. She did corrupted him in bad way. So he gets what he wants no mater how evil it can get. Well, you need this kind of a guy to stand against JH. That's why we over look his tricks and approve of them. :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 27th, '12, 15:51

@Issy In some interview the PD said that the title is supposed to be sarcastic.

@Sham There are real nice people out there. :) It's just hard to stay nice when the rest of the world is trying to use you.

Ma Roo used to be innocent & nice but after that murder case he changed. I don't approve his tricks what ever his motives are. Taking advantage of other innocent people is never right and I don't see such people neither nice nor innocent. Even criminals have concsience but they chose to go against it. I don't see Ma Roo any different from them. But he's an interesting character, I can't deny that!

Same's with Jae Hee actually. She was pretty much ruined thanks to her brother and then the rape attempt. And after that she just ruined herself by being too greedy. She did have humane side in her as she tried to turn in herself to the police when she killed that man as self-protection but Ma Roo stopped her and then when EG's father collapsed she tried to call for help but that not-cute attorny stopped her and reasoned her not to call. She manipulates but she is also easy to manipulate.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 27th, '12, 17:28

I lost my highly philosophical entry :cry:

So once again

I'm not sure about sarcastic, maybe ironic would be better word. Drama start where Maru is innocent then in comming circumstances this innocence disapper when his hidden self is taken to the surface. He uses his apperance, quite innocent ironicly, to survive by taking adventage on people does not matter good or bad. Even on current stage of event he choose to play every dirty tricks in his new game. One can argue that is only possibility to win in this circumstances but once again it is his choice.
Well on this philosophic side everybody start as innocent then things happen and they see this not so nice side of them taking over. For HJ it is her need for security taken over proportion, for her atorney it is her (and not forget it started innocent enough with his admiration for justice fighting reporter spirit), for EG her obsesion to prove herself (to some level Maru is part of it as well for her) and for Maru.. hm.. once again he is innocent one - ironic isn't it? Maru does not have obsession from start, in fact he is not simply driven by love or revange at the begining. If he was he would start earlier. He is draged in it. And (my opinion of course) his ironic innocence lays in fact that he always distanced himself by never doing things for himself whatever good or bad. It does not excuse him by any means that why I see it ironic. To some point and even now if you take under account that he does not count on staying all his actions benefit others. So if you compare it with others driven by their desires he is kind of innocent here. Nice epitafium on grave.. :whistling:

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Oct 30th, '12, 08:39

good dramas but i can bet 10$ i know what will happen for the last episode SJK character will die LOL

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 31st, '12, 01:23

second predictable end if author is in more philatropic mode: one to few years coma and then waking up to still adoring SG on CTO position :lol
Few years ago I would bet on death too, now I am not so sure any more
Do not prevent me from watching.. Maru mostly :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 1st, '12, 21:39

Maybe EG regain memory and put her oven revenge in motion this time keeping fact that she have it back hidden (another melodramatic plot in action)? This could be a bit more interesting, I liked her strong.
- my own entry from one ot two weeks ago
Well judging from end of ep 16 I may be right on the plot.. should I start writing scenarios now? :roll

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 7th, '12, 21:17

so next oh so clever move will be seducing HJ back to his side to give EG free court I guess? The woman is dumb enough to fall for it after all frustration he made her go through but really.. something more clever, please?
MaRu has brain problems but not to this level and I do not want to be able to predict turn of events. And I totally do not understand what was the bright idea behind this stunt with wedding. It damaged everybody reputation not HJ and MR only, company image as well, so do I missed something or it's just not well thought through plot?
and it started so well.. :-(

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 8th, '12, 18:34

I am going to be surprised if there will be any surprise in last two episodes. Pitty..

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 9th, '12, 00:47

I haven't watch this week's episodes yet but I don't care about the story as much as before, I'm not expecting anything ! I enjoy the cute moment, the acting ant the hotness! I like the fashion too, some coats are to die for !
That scene in ep 16 was cute but heartbreaking :cry:
“I hear the laughter of my friend, my sister, and my love. They are part of the most beautiful, delicious, and fascinating dream in the world that I could ever dream of. I’m afraid that if I open my eyes, I’ll wake up from my dream. So I can’t open my eyes out of fear. For this beautiful morning, thank you for gifting it to me.”
:cry: :cry:
I'm quit sure there won't be a happy ending :alcoholic:

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Nov 9th, '12, 10:58

This has got to be the most addictive drama I've seen in a while, and I think that watching it as it's being broadcasted is making it worse! Every week I await on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next. The end of episode 18 really broke my heart. I think I'm going to cry buckets next week when it ends, and then go into serious withdrawal lol!
I think we had some pretty heavy foreshadowing this week. I'm really starting to think that Maru is going to die. It really doesn't help that in episode 18 Jae Shik is shown playing with a knife that he uses to carve Maru's name... I've been entertaining the thought for a while now that one of the characters might end up murdering Maru, and it seems to me now that Jae Shik might just be the person who does it with that knife (although I'm not sure for what reason). Whatever happens, I hope that Eun Gi and Maru will patch things up before the final tragedy is set in motion. :/

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 10th, '12, 15:09

After ep 18, I really don't know how this drama is going to end to be honest. all I know that Park JoonHa broke my heart and made me sob over his sadness. :cry: even thought he's not the 2nd lead in this drama but he's character just made me fall in love with him as much as first lead. he's just pure goodness and in dramas like this one full of revenge, angst, back stabbing and greed is such a delight to have a character like him in the middle to make you feel little bit better. last two eps were so heart breaking.

I just don't know how they are going to end this drama. at the beginning I was thinking Maru will die for sure but not now. but I do believe that he will suffer from amnesia after his operation and forget all about JH and EG all together. and JH will die for sure by the last ep. otherwise there is no point of showing her being in pain in some ealier eps. she either dies protecting Maru from director Ahn or die of her disease.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 10th, '12, 18:02

Did I missed something? HJ have health problems as well? uh it will be masacra at the end.. :lol
Anyway Layer Park lost in my eyes somehow during last episodes. Keeping truth about his father involvement is one thing but he could dig a bit in this one year and somethng, prepare some plan. Guy just do not like make his hands dirty, to hire Maru and make him do all the job is not so noble and in fact as it was not planed from begining makes all this attempts to "help" EG even more pathetic (and it's another huge gap in plot and logic). I would dare to say that if we see him as only nice guy here, well God protect us from nice guys as for sure they can't protect us. Whatever can be said about Maru morals (I personaly have nothing against them but morals are not my strong point as well :whistling: ) guy is useful. And to add to insult who is less moral, person who do immoral things personaly or the one who is sending such person in field? I vote for second. Once again I agree with methode, you do what you need to do but as the title say "not such thing as nice guy" there are not nice guys here, lawyer Park including. I see only one nice girl (EG secretary). and for his crying: every time I see him doing it I want to smack him on the head and tell him to grow the pair and DO something, crying is never solution and does not help anybody, him or EG. One more :P when Maru asked him what he can do if Maru change his mind answer was attorney power :blink :doh: :faint: it fits but lame, just lame. And we wander why he has no girl.. I forgotten to add that all this mess is basicly his fault as his morals kept him from taking care of HJ and Ahn when he was told to (and after covering truth about death of EG father).
And now you can hate me :pale:
For end I vote for Maru death. Love guy to pieces and it will break my heart as his character is only thing that is keeping me here but it is just fitting. Guy is exeptional and such extraordinary people are dying in melodramas. If guy lives it easy way out. I see him die during operation (still coma would be nice and so cliche but too little time for that).
HJ I agree dies protecting Maru form her brother knife. Ah guy - arrested as for sure Maru last scene with HJ means that he made her spill (or he will and this was just prelude) about EG father death. EG will live as somebody needs to take care of the kid (would make my day is it was Maru child but impossible, pitty I would laugh myself silly) - punishment in itself I would say for taking her father death on Maru - strange logic to blame others for ones own mistakes :glare: . Do you think we will see EG on HJ and Maru grave with kid? If so :doh: :rofl: :rofl:
I guess I had enough, it is only that much of meleodrama I can stand, .. still SJK is very good, if not I would skip to last minutes to confirm (or not) my predictions.

BTW I was thinking if there was any other main lead in melodrama that I could stand (well not that I saw too much of them) as I wanted to prise Maru to be first but yes the one from Bad Guy (who died as well)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 10th, '12, 19:58

shiofmedea wrote: the one from Bad Guy (who died as well)
"the one"?? "the one"??!! You better hide yer peasant a$$ when The Lord of ours dispatches his armies (that is me) and will punish you for such blasphemous description!!
I can make you remember his name to the world and beyond!

Yes I'm having a wine, why? :alcoholic:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 10th, '12, 20:24

uh... :sweat: :pale: :foot: :notworthy:

Shim Gun Wook played by Kim Nam Gil of course

you ARE scary :cry:

I need to calm myself :alcoholic: as well

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 10th, '12, 21:02

Nah, I'm the nicest girl in town. XD :wub:

When this drama ends let me know if I should pick it up, since I left at ep 9 which was a drag-fest (and not JGS-drag, but...), I don't mind wiping out half of the characters when it's done in a good way.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 10th, '12, 21:16

Shio,
I am Ethlenn's gofer in the Kim Nam Gil army
and
I can cast spells
so watch it.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 10th, '12, 22:09

One name slip in your memeory and all gang up on you :cry: :cry: :cry:

You all the time go by this letters and I need to check everytime who it is and do I say something? Do I? :cry: And everybody knew who I had in mind (obviously as you curse me) :cry: I will have mental scars after today :cry: :alcoholic: drunk under the table and crying there
When this drama ends let me know if I should pick it up
Ep 9 it's when this memory clever :glare: plot started.. well after that it was just SJK/Maru fest in lack of something else to enjoy with. It is not that it is so bad it's just that you saw it all before and the girls, eh...
To put in coffin most of staff is ok as long as it does not mean 1h of confessions and bagging of fogiveness with red paint all around. Or any other enviroment. Still they have 2 more episodes to redeem themselves, we will see and report..

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 11th, '12, 00:26

@shiofmedea
I am sorry but I have to disagree with everything you said regarding PJH. first of all, It's true that he hide the fact about EG's dad death from her but all happened so soon after EG got her memory back. I totally understand why he did not tell her the truth. since EG got her memory back, she was in no right mental state to carry on with her life. she is so consumed with her revenge that she even turned suicidal. she does not care even if she harms herself in process of her revenge. now, if you tell her about how her dad died, wouldn't this makes everything worse? did you see EG's mental state before and after wedding?
I am actually happy that someone is sane enough to think things properly.

and please tell me how on earth PJH is keeping his hands clean and making Maru do all the dirty jobs? Maru's has been doing the dirty job way before starting to work along side PJH. when someone tells you that he would help them in EG recovery plan but wants half of Taesun company, how on earth you would think about them? infact, it's so noble of him not take advantage of EG when she broke up with Maru and wanted to hurt him. he always had Maru's back even if it meant he will not get the girl he loved for so many years. Maru action (moral or not moral) is his own decision. no one is making him do any dirty job for EG's sake. in fact Maru is the one who is planning all the dirty jobs in here.

I have no doubt that PJH will tell EG about her dad's death in next eps.

ps. don't ever get near KNG or Ethlenn will eat you alive. abit of slip of the tongue, some wrong opinion there or here...even if it was in most abundant thread of this forum, ethlenn will catch you and then god should help you... :pale:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 11th, '12, 15:20

@ISSY
I will be precise:
I did not say Park FORCED Maru do anything I said he made him do ALL dirty job, in fact he let him do ALL job. We did not saw guy doing nothing except this one thing in front of secretary home gate. And he probably paid for her. But as far as plot goes he is just there and that's all. Is this enough? Maybe for some people yes but in this situation somebody who in contast takes action will have my support and acnowledgement. As for his actions toward EG, he is what they call silent support. It is not enough. If it was left to him and his way of doing thinghs we would have 100 episodes and still amnesia case in full. He is hiding things in concern for outcome but it makes things worse. He is so used to be subordinate that he can't be any help to force some logic in EG actions. He do not even try. I do not expect him to support Maru case, it would be unrisonable, and to stop be noble and win her to himself (I so hope he is not so stupid to try do it now) but at least try to discuss? Reason with her? Offer to help her in her revange as a way to minimalize damage? Anything would be better then just sit and do nothing. There are two ways if he think he is too unstable as you said he should take actions to stop her, if not if he let her do as she please he should gave her full picture. Shock? Maybe but considering state she is right now it's brake it or make it. Would she prefered to know everything? My answer is yes. She even asked. Has he any rights to keep it from her? No. Does it help in general flow? No, it makes her lash on first easy target. Will she appretiate it when/if she ever knows? No, she will be furious. And do not tell me he has no selfish reasons at all. Uh, I just can't stand people who earn this "nice person" name by being pensive. But it is my personal opinion.
The thing is I do not dislike attorney Park he is just that kind of person you will go through, step on and do not even notice it. Such quiet devotion is never appretiated and in dangerous times is just not enough.
ps. don't ever get near KNG or Ethlenn will eat you alive. abit of slip of the tongue, some wrong opinion there or here...even if it was in most abundant thread of this forum, ethlenn will catch you and then god should help you...

ah.. you have great heart, I disagree with you and you still warn me :wub:

But I will fight for my rights of free voice (with all respects to rules :P ) with my all. I know karate and krav-maga, I am great shooter and strategist too. I WILL manage 8)

and I admire KNG too .. you all know it, right? :sweat:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 11th, '12, 15:58

we tend to forget that PJH is NOT a second lead. so we can't really compare his actions towards EG with Maru. In saying this, I still think he has done more than enough for his character to earn the "Nice Guy" in here.
first of all, after accident and when EG was in amnesia, him and her secretary were the only people helping with re-educating her and bringing her back to her normal state. Maru did not know about her where abouts so we let him off. but, no one can deny the fact Maru could not do anything in Taesun company without little informations from PJH. I am actually confused on what more you want him to do for EG considering his character is not the same level as Maru. normally you have 2nd leads that compete with 1st lead in everything. but in Nice Guy, there is no such male characters. it's story of Maru and his two women. all other characters are side characters but due to nature of his character, he comes as 2nd lead. Maru and PJH are entirely in two different levels. he even has much less screen time that JaeGil and Choco...That's why I say for a side character, his character is so appealing. well, I guess not for everyone...
8)

ps. well. we only disagreeing in point of views. no one can agree with everyone, all the time. It's only a drama :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 11th, '12, 16:15

Heeey, I never forced anyone to love anyone I love (do I make sense? :blink ). You can say XYZ is a shitty actor or ugly troll for all I care. I will just not give you my kidney if you need it one day. That's all.
After all, we are unique in our tastes. I taste like gin with tonic :P

Plus, ladies, you know me long enough to know that even if I throw anathemas around, I'm joking. I'm not serious even in my most serious fangirling.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 11th, '12, 16:57

Ethlenn wrote:Heeey, I never forced anyone to love anyone I love (do I make sense? :blink ). You can say XYZ is a shitty actor or ugly troll for all I care. I will just not give you my kidney if you need it one day. That's all.
After all, we are unique in our tastes. I taste like gin with tonic :P

Plus, ladies, you know me long enough to know that even if I throw anathemas around, I'm joking. I'm not serious even in my most serious fangirling.
Wuhahaha! we know you E-chan, you ARE scary sometimes... :P but we still luuuv you.
me was joking too of course...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 11th, '12, 18:48

Hey, I am always true to my feelings! 8)

So
- I am lazy so I do not check names I forgot
- I have bad memory so forgot names
- I fight for my belives even if all disagree
- I love to annoy people
- it's fun to have banter with people

so I was joking :thumright:
and I like KNG, what is it to not like?

After clearing this:
@Issy
I guess I would just like to have some more interesting character in that Park guy, thats all. How they make him is a bit of waste as having two attorneys on oposite sides could be interesting in oposition to tricks HJ, her brother and Maru (and Ahn too) are serving us. He do not need to be second lead for that as I do not have interest in more melodrama, just show us some law in action maybe. I hope they give us some in last episode, which should show some legal actions in motion, I think. I agree, they focused on Maru and his woman but show could be better if they developed more some charcters, JS is good example how it could be done, not much screen time but you see peron in him. Did they wanted to underline that Maru, however ugly side of him is exposed is ultimate support here? Or just not enough time for other characters to present. Sister and this friend story is cute but a bit off and could be shortened if so.

Btw I just realized - EG having this picture of Maru and HJ on graduation day - it's mistake. From the car only camera came was said and photographer closed his business. Not to mention that his past being not discovered by press when his name was announced officialy is next to impossible. If you fall out of Maru spell this drama plot has more and more holes.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 13th, '12, 09:31

I wasn't joking. :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 14th, '12, 00:10

I was dead serious about karate, krav-maga and shooting. And lack of morals.. 8)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 14th, '12, 02:42

8) Are you limping yet ?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 14th, '12, 08:11

no.. must be time zone difference..

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 14th, '12, 18:24

Ok, if speculations from soompi (yes I went as I could not belive number of pages this topic has) has anything to do with reality I do not want to hear about this drama anymore. There should be some limits.

.. but still if so :doh: :rofl: x 100

ah @Issy, poor atorney Park actions went up again in my book :lol .
I am not fan of this going back in time at the begining of next episode trick but as to build tension it has his merrits

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 14th, '12, 18:50

:D 8)

That can be a nuisance. so you dodged the spell. OK lets call it a truce. :thumright: I can't be bothered to go over time differences of more than one hour. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 14th, '12, 19:32

shiofmedea wrote:Ok, if speculations from soompi (yes I went as I could not belive number of pages this topic has) has anything to do with reality I do not want to hear about this drama anymore. There should be some limits.

.. but still if so :doh: :rofl: x 100

ah @Issy, poor atorney Park actions went up again in my book :lol .
I am not fan of this going back in time at the begining of next episode trick but as to build tension it has his merrits
Not seen today's ep yet and will wait for tomorrow's ep to be subbed and watch them together because I am working and I don't want to think about this drama than it deserves. but if what i read on Soompi is right and they going to redeem JH in matter of one ep, i will hate this drama forever!
JH is an evil b***h no matter how horrible past she had. It's no excuse for every evil deed she has done. The woman is beyond redemption..
and it's so silly and stupid of Maru to blame himself over how JH turned out. And the fact that JH agrees to give up herself to police if Maru comes back to her with body and heart is just too selfish.
I'll wait for last ep to give my final verdict but even from now I can say that this drama was a great disappointment to me. Such a great start which all went down the hill from midway. Characters were nice and fresh but turned into your average cliche ones. You could actually guess what will happen next.
SJK impressed me with his character but I was getting bored of his dazed and confused face. This drama is such a let down no matter what it happens in the last ep.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 14th, '12, 20:24

@Peggy
way of avoiding attack is part of martial art training :whistling:
Peace! :lol

@Issy
I'm too curious for my own good and it's a bit calmer in my work now :lol
But unfortunately I had to agree, it's disapoinment once again, I guess I should not watch melodrama at all, I do not have proper mindset for them. Eh, I have even more confused look then Maru now :lol Nobody makes sense anymore :glare:

@Ethlenn
sorry, there is no way it will be saved in last episode, give up.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 14th, '12, 20:40

shiofmedea wrote: @Ethlenn
sorry, there is no way it will be saved in last episode, give up.
Thanks dear, I was about to ask whether I should pick it up. Not that I had any burning desire to finish it anyway... :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 14th, '12, 20:57

always ready to help :salut: I picked up a lot of yours suggestions through those years :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 14th, '12, 21:15

SO I just deleted my Nice Guy folder on laptop and saved myself 16GB of space. 8)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 15th, '12, 02:44

@shio.

Well the arrow was correctly aimed... but the nine hours time difference was enough for the target to move. So annoying don't you know. :roll

Peg

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 15th, '12, 04:45

I saw a "nightmare" about Nice Guy getting even more ridiculous. :blink I thought I didn't care anymore. Time to drop this one for good...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 15th, '12, 16:50

@peggy
did you calculated Earth shift as well? It's very important :lol

today episode... it's like watching train crash: you know you will have nightmares after but you can't stop. I suspect writer to be passenger in this car crash in the middle as well.. with serious brain injures.. poor thing :cry:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 15th, '12, 20:01

Issy wrote:SO I just deleted my Nice Guy folder on laptop and saved myself 16GB of space. 8)
Same here! What a waste of story and cast :cussing:
This is my last time watching this writer's dramas!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 15th, '12, 20:17

who write it?
uh..
why I ask? I never check writer name anyway.. maybe I should start?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 15th, '12, 20:27

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 15th, '12, 20:52

I did not see any of it. I guess I should not even try..
Oh, my.. Love to kill? And why I am asking why it come so bad at the end? One of the worst experiences in Kdrama I ever had! Now, when I think a bit I even see similarities in plot. :doh:

But I still can't come around, I am so so disappointed here, I realy wanted this drama to work, I liked SJK creation to some point so much, it's just not fair! :glare:

BTW there is still one thing I like in this drama: Samsung Galaxy Note II :wub:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 15th, '12, 22:29

I think cheking not only the cast and the synopsis are important but also the PD, the writer's work...
"Thank you" was the only exeption for me!
I'm not feeling sad for SJK, the drama had great rating and he did a great job, so we can say it worked ?

I liked PSY wardrobe, damn this lady ! *jealous*

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 15th, '12, 22:55

why feeling bad for SJK? he did a really good job here and he's acting has impressed even haters of this drama. It all worked great for him any way.

and because I am gadgets obsessed and addict,
shiofmedea wrote:
BTW there is still one thing I like in this drama: Samsung Galaxy Note II :wub:
you mean Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tab :P me didn't see SG Note II here.

:mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 16th, '12, 00:01

it was not Galaxy II in last episode? Anyway I have my Christmas present already chosen + this maybe

I feel bad for myself as I would not have pleasure to watch once again even for him.. I am selfish girl. And this rates are very suprising for me, you could say we rated down when all watchers rated up

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 16th, '12, 01:14

ooops! sorry dear. me have not seen the last ep yet so you must be most probably right. mianhae :mrgreen:
and I see another gadget just got added to "want" List. :mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 16th, '12, 01:51

I will check on bigger screent omorrow and let you know.

Cool, isn't it? I soooo love gadgets :wub:

for fashion last jacket on Maru in ep19 - I was looking for something like that in woman version - colour especialy mix of blue and green.
BTW next drama looks like fun.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Nov 16th, '12, 14:30

I just watched the last episode and I have to say I LOVED this drama. It's definitely one of my new favorite K-dramas. I'm not really sure if it beats "I'm Sorry I Love You" just yet but
I love the optimistic message sent by the ending. Lee Kyung Hee for once doesn't give into fatalism, and gives her characters the option to choose their own fate, the option to fight to earn their own happiness. For some reason the last 10 minutes of the episode really reminded me of "Thank You". It had that same kind of relaxed atmosphere, it was set in a small town, and we saw Eun Gi taking care of a child at home while working in her own shop, until one day a doctor (Maru) arrives in town to meet her. For me it felt like "Nice Guy" ended a bit like "Thank You" started: peacefully. I really enjoyed this!

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Nov 16th, '12, 22:24

Oh my sweet god od dramas !!!

"Nice Guy" had good and bad Sides. Ma Roo was not an pure angel ( + ). Plot since Eun Gi amnesia was riddiculous most of the times ( huge " - "for me).

BUT THAT ENDING !!!! :wub:
It was BEST ENDING I saw in all dramas I watched till now. :wub:

I said what I had to say. Now I go look for more tissues to stop my tears :thumright:
Last edited by mcromance on Feb 9th, '13, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 20th, '12, 15:31

So I watched the last 2eps of NG now and I see that

I was dead right about PJH and his reasons behind not telling EG everything. I knew he's not such a person to hide the truth for his own gain. and see what I meant by saying that EG only would go mental if she found out the truth?

anyway, after watching the last 2eps, i thought they were much better eps than some previous eps. they were much better written

but I thought it was too happy ending for a drama like Nice Guy. every single character had their own happy and satisfactory ending and I kind of felt annoyed for lawer Ahn and JH to get off so easily. it felt a bit too cheesy to watch those last minutes.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 20th, '12, 22:16

Well.. my first thought was - if to murder somebody Korea seems like good place to do it: not to much years of penalty (both Maru earlier and now JH and Ahn case) and look at her car at clothes, still quite good (so she was left with money). Not to mention that in Maru case nobody bother with checking his statement apparently.
Still think he should just tell EG true. He did not trust her. Maru at the end did, so he did not allow to be blackmiled anymore.
I am still disappointed in ending. Sooo sweet, over sweet, it feels like Disney production and do not fit. First dark part was way better, all this people around taking right path all together and turning more or less noble are so convincing.. not! I need dentist, my teeths are in danger! Only refreshing thing here - HJ still wants money - huge relief :P
BTW this colapsing scene with Maru - not the best performance ever not to mention the dumbest move he colud made at this stage ever. But his thoughts continuation to explain last minutes of episode was nice touch (still sweetness overload to disgusting level)

first seconds when I saw this little girl I thought - no, not reincarnation once again :rofl:

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Dec 18th, '12, 03:55

do any of you know what happened to the torrent file of episode 17 KOR versions? I couldn't find it. :cry:
the 720p hanrel file is too large for me :-(

pankanshe

Post by pankanshe » Jan 27th, '13, 00:31

It's been a long time since I've watched and finished a Korean drama, but this one was confusing... let me know if I got the story right. This drama's main goal was to answer the age old question... Love or Money?
Ma-Roo finds out Jae-Hee has already moved on after he gets out of jail. He was going to just continue to live his gigolo lifestyle to pay for his sister's hospital bills until Jae-Hee tries to pin more crimes onto him.

At this point, Ma-Roo's love for Jae-Hee still lingers but wants her to return everything she's stole. Ma-Roo leads Eun-Gi on in order to climb up to get to Jae-Hee. Ma-Roo uses Eun-Gi to bring Jae-Hee down and when he gets to Jae-Hee, he realizes that he doesn't love her anymore. Eun-Gi finds out that Ma-Roo was only using her, but still wants to continue the relationship and willing to give up her inheritance. Ma-Roo tells Eun-Gi the truth and Eun-Gi goes crazy and tries to kill herself and Ma Roo. Ma Roo is okay with sucide because he knows his friend, Jae-Gil, will take care of his sister, he is paying for his crimes using Eun-Gi, and he didn't have anyone to love.

Ma-Roo recovers and becomes a con artist in order to continue paying for sister's hospital bills. Eun-Gi loses her memory and Ma-Roo felt guilty making her this way and tries to help Eun-Gi recovery her memory and her rightful position in Taesan. Ma-Roo falls in love with Eun-Gi in the process of helping her while fighting his own battle with brain hemorrhage.

Once Eun-Gi recovers her memory, she tries to destroy Ma-Roo and Jae-Hee. Ma-Roo realizes he love Eun-Gi when he was willing to give up his life to keep her safe by sacrificing his body to Jae-Hee. Ma-Roo also blames himself for making Jae-Hee this way and ultimately forgives her for her crimes. Eun-Gi finally realizes that love is more important than revenge or power and decides to start over with Ma-Roo. Ma-Roo has brain surgery, loses all his memory, and starts his second life with Eun-Gi. Eun-Gi and Jae-Hee now both agree that love is worth more than money and power.Ma-Roo teaches real loves and forgiveness.