RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 13th, '13, 07:45

@ skytear

Vampire Prosecutor and Vampire Prosecutor 2. CSI type of drama with vampire theme. I defiently recommend these two. ^^

nangelique

Post by nangelique » Jan 17th, '13, 03:53

Hey guys! :) Do you guys have any recommendations on a funny sageuk (could be fusion sageuk) drama? I'm looking for something like Sungkyunkwan Scandal... but all suggestions are okay. Thanks.

tofu21

Post by tofu21 » Jan 17th, '13, 09:10

Hi, does anyone have any good mystery or thriller series to recommend(in English)? Must not be too draggy and have good pacing.

I'll try and put up with any over-complicated storylines even though I often have problems figuring it out. I still have trouble figuring some of VP2. :crazy:

Am fine with some romance but not too much.

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Jan 20th, '13, 05:27

@nangelique not sure you like or not but jewel in the palace?

@tofu21 big and 49 days is supernatural theme although 49 days you need to prepare tissue.....

nangelique

Post by nangelique » Jan 20th, '13, 12:38

Thank you! Read some reviews about it and it looks really good. :) I'll definitely check it out.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 20th, '13, 17:03

I want a drama about Korean war. Help me out. :>

I have seen Comrades and Road nr. 1, I can't seem to find any other. :/

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jan 20th, '13, 19:14

Neliets wrote:I want a drama about Korean war. Help me out. :>

I have seen Comrades and Road nr. 1, I can't seem to find any other. :/
Try these if you haven't seen them:

Kyungsook's Father: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kyung_Sook's_Father

Eyes of Dawn: http://www.yesasia.com/global/100459696 ... /info.html

Sandglass: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandglass_(TV_series) - this one is about the Gwangju Massacre, but still a classic

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 21st, '13, 03:29

@kuroioni_akari - Try 1st shop of coffee prince if you haven't seen it yet. Pretty good drama along the lines you described. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_1st_Shop_of_Coffee_Prince

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Jan 21st, '13, 04:01

god this article had lasted 9 years!!! LOVE IT!!! (starting 2004)

my best reccomendations goes to:

Gentleman Dignity

Goong

Chongdamdong Alice

Full House (the original) (not FH 2 I HATE THAT ONE!!! (but i love the actress))

Queen Inhyun's Man *Q*

Rooftop Prince *^* (i dreamed about it)

City Hunter

Persecutor Princess (NO REGRETS)

Stars Falling from the sky (i think this is the right name( but am telling you its amazing drama to watch in the summer or in any holiday)

DOCTOR CHAAAMP!!! (I LOOOOOOVE AND LOVVVEEE THIS ONE SOO MUCH)

The Birth Of the rich!! (i fell in love with it, and i still do ^.^)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 26th, '13, 23:46

In the last few months i had no time to watch k-dramas, but now i have almost 2 months to watch the missed dramas.
Which interesting new dramas can you recommend(genre isn't important, but preferable romcom...but others are also ok).

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Jan 26th, '13, 23:53

@Silverman my recommendation is
-49 days
-sweet 18
-queen seon deok
-daemang
-cruel love(im still searching the full episode torrent QQ)
-moon embraces the suns
-may queen
-big

Thats all

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 27th, '13, 00:07

Silverman, you're back^^

I liked The Thousandth Man, Gaksital (Bridal Mask), ridiculously sweet I Love Italy, Pand and Hedgehog, some say King of Dramas, or Haeundae Lovers, also watch The Chaser and maybe Vampire Prosecutor 2.

:salut:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 3rd, '13, 20:49

Yes, im BACK (schwarzenegger-style). Bridal mask, I love Italy are the dramas, which were aired around the time i watched my last kdramas. But after that i wasn't uptodate (well except Full House 2...which reminded me more of a You are Beautiful 2, than Full House 2).
But i will look into "Pand and Hedgehog, some say King of Dramas, or Haeundae Lovers". I heard the titles, but i don't know their content.
Thank you @Ethlenn and pekkauwer.

littleroos

Post by littleroos » Feb 4th, '13, 06:26

hello all,

Just want to say Hi. Im a newbie here and totally hooked on korean dramas. =)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Feb 5th, '13, 23:12

my favourite korean dramas with recommendation (so hard to choose, i like so many, but ill post only those i felt in love with):

- Chuno (recommended for sageuk first-timers)
- Dae Jang Geum (recommended for taeha lovers)
- Dong Yi (recommended for those who are history lovers)
- Full House (recommended for korean modern dramas first-timers)
- King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo (recommended)
- Queen Seon Deok (recommended for those who like epic)
- The Moon That Embraces The Sun (recommended for those who like love stories)
- The Princess' Man (recommended)

there are many other cool and amazing dramas as well:

- Ballad of Seo Dong
- Boys Over Flowers
- Cinderella Unni
- Dream High
- Goong
- Heartstrings
- Iljimae
- Jumong
- Lie to Me
- May Queen
- Mischievous Kiss
- My Lovely Sam-Soon
- My Princess
- Oh! My Lady
- Protect the Boss
- Secret Garden
- The Horse Doctor
- To the Beautiful You
- You're Beautiful

Xiel

Post by Xiel » Feb 11th, '13, 21:52

Hi, I'm trying to get back into Korean dramas and wanted some suggestions. My English is probably not the best either, but I'll try to express myself as best as I can. I'm could be a bit particular, but I'm definitely hoping for some good matches by the experts here!

I don't really like melodramas and romance, I don't like feeling frustrated or having to sit through awkward moments. I don't like to watch drama to get depressed, if that makes sense. I like Full House, but not sure if I'll be into that genre.

I have been impressed with some historical/period time dramas. I like good histories and I like stuff with a lot of great action and sword fighting (hopefully not cheesy). I love epic battles, although I understand it's hard for series to have these with budgeting and stuff (I recall seeing paper boulders throw at people and such). I don't mind CGI in series, if it's done well. To say it simply, I like action and history.

Dong Yi was okay. I watched both Ballad of Suh Dong and I think King Geunchogo. I forgot which one, but the one merchants and Baekju technology stuff was interesting.

I liked Damo, a lot more than I thought I would. The acting by the leads were great and there were lots of fighting. I don't remember it having a lot of sappy romance. I also watched Hong Gil Dong, but I think I liked the story more than watching the series itself. Felt too much like a modern comedy-romance. And the female protagonist seemed a lot cooler in the first episode, but guess I was hoping for another Damo.

Jumong was fun, but mostly because of the story. It had a lot of ups and downs, parts where it slowed down a lot or felt like fillers/dragged out, and ending seemed almost abrupt.

Queen Seondeok is hands down my favorite series. Tons of awesome political intrigue, conspiracies, and such. The main villain was multidimensional and was just the most awesome character ever. I'm hoping for another drama as awesome as this, so suggesting newer series is a plus, but maybe this is just wishful thinking.

I'm thinking of watching King Sejong next (the history and inventions might be interesting), but I'm definitely looking for more suggestions and help. Thanks for anyone who does in advance!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 11th, '13, 22:14

@Xiel: if you like daeha/sageuk so much, watch Mushin (Soldier/God of War). :salut:

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Feb 11th, '13, 22:47

@xiel.... daemang?

I dont recall real name but i think, gwangaeto the conqueror and dream of the emperor .... i like dream of the emperor but the show time dont like me.... :(

Xiel

Post by Xiel » Feb 11th, '13, 22:53

Ethlenn wrote:@Xiel: if you like daeha/sageuk so much, watch Mushin (Soldier/God of War). :salut:
Thanks for the recommendation, this one looks pretty cool!
pekkauwer wrote:@xiel.... daemang?

I dont recall real name but i think, gwangaeto the conqueror and dream of the emperor .... i like dream of the emperor but the show time dont like me.... :(
I'll check those out too, thanks!

coolcolombo

Post by coolcolombo » Feb 16th, '13, 13:26

I've just finished watching 'i'm Sorry, I Love You'.

Loved it so much, but it ended to soon and the ending was just to sad, I was they could of continued it..

Anyway, I am now experiencing withdrawal symptoms of this drama. What would you recommend watching now after watching I'm Sorry, I love you?

Many thanks,

Sam

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Feb 16th, '13, 15:03

I not sure what type of drama is im sorry, i love you, but.... um you know these title lingers me when u say im sorry, i love you kdrama....

ALERT i dont watch these drama yet

-haeundae lovers
-the king 2 hearts
- vineyard something

Just heard others opinion too^^

coolcolombo

Post by coolcolombo » Feb 16th, '13, 17:51

pekkauwer wrote:I not sure what type of drama is im sorry, i love you, but.... um you know these title lingers me when u say im sorry, i love you kdrama....

ALERT i dont watch these drama yet

-haeundae lovers
-the king 2 hearts
- vineyard something

Just heard others opinion too^^
Okay, I see. Thanks for your recommendations.
You really haven't seen "I'm Sorry, I Love You." yet?!?
It's amazing.
You should watch it when you get a chance.
:cheers:

Anyway, if anyone else could recommend some real emotional dramas like, Sorry, I love you. I would appricate it :)

NoSkill

Post by NoSkill » Mar 3rd, '13, 18:14

After asking in the J-Drama Recommendation thread I will try my luck here again... it worked a couple of month ago maybe it will work again...

I'm still looking for comedy/romance or drama/romance dramas... if there is nothing else I will take dramas with ???/romance... I don't now but for me there has to be romance in a series otherwise I will not enjoy it :lol

What I have seen so far
- I miss you
- Secret Garden (my absolute favorite when it comes to Dramas... I loved this show so much that I bought all of the tracksuits that Hyun Bin was wearing in this Drama)
- Me Too Flower (my 2nd favorite)
- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
- Big
- Coffee Prince (my 3rd favorite)
- King 2 Hearts
- City Hunter
- Nice Guy
- Flower Boy Next Door
... (maybe more but I don't remember them all)

I think there are still quite some romance K-Dramas out there but I'm not sure if they are good or not because I think some of them could be over the top. For example I don't like romance dramas where five guys fight for a girl or where five girls fight for one boy... I don't really like "harem" dramas like that...

I would be glad for some recommendation because I finished the last Episode of a Drama today and now I'm desperately craving for more. You guys are my last hope xD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 3rd, '13, 19:32

Marriage Plot (Wedding Scheme), The Thousandth Man, Dalja's Spring...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 3rd, '13, 22:17

Best historical drama I have seen is 'MUSHIN GOD OF WAR.

Great presentation. Lovely settings and costumes. Good cast with well known older actors also.

The beginning scenes are hard to take but keep watching. It is the foundation of the story all the way through.

Could do without the girl Wohla but she was necessary part of the story I suppose. Not much interference from her anyway even when they brought the actress back as new character. Netizens :scratch:

Great historical drama.
great acting.

NoSkill

Post by NoSkill » Mar 4th, '13, 16:43

Ethlenn wrote:Marriage Plot (Wedding Scheme), The Thousandth Man, Dalja's Spring...
Thank you for the recommendation. I think you I could like them and I will give them all a shot. Not bad considering that I'm so picky xD

billr4g3

Post by billr4g3 » Mar 5th, '13, 19:11

l finished watching "Sorry, I love you". It was the most amazing and heart breaking drama i have ever seen in my life !!!!!!!!!!

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 6th, '13, 15:49

Any Fantasy drama set in ancient times ? and by fantasy i mean people who cast spells , dragons , unicorns , mythical creatures , faeries etc. stuff like that.

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Mar 7th, '13, 07:37

Jeon woochi if you dont mind old hero.....alternatively gumiho the one that kim yoo jung acts, METS, hong gil dong, and maybe faith

nome

Post by nome » Mar 10th, '13, 19:20

Hey there!

Are there any romance dramas where the male lead pursues the female lead and is easily flustered by everything she does? Not a very good description but let's just say that I loved love LOVED the male lead in Baby Faced Beauty. For example, Choi's character was so happy he could die just because of a kiss on the nose... Tossing and turning in his bed, not being able to sleep and just foolishly smiling! Similar, almost as good male leads were in Coffee Prince and Boys Over Flowers!
ALSO I did like a lot: a Gentleman's Dignity, the Greatest Love, Secret Garden and Sungkyunkwan Scandal. But I'd say in these dramas the male lead was more aggressive than child-like.

Here's a list of what I've seen so far besides the ones mentioned before:
-Dream High 1 & 2
-Full House
-I Need Romance
-I Need Romance 2012
-Lie to me
-My Fair Lady/ Take care of the young lady
-Playful kiss
-Prosecutor Princess
-Protect the boss
-Romance Town
-Rooftop Prince
-You're Beautiful

If you have a suggestion, please do tell! Thank you! :)

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Mar 11th, '13, 00:19

Nome try mackerel run its romcom though

Kamenekochan

Post by Kamenekochan » Mar 11th, '13, 23:50

Hi, I'd like some recommendation,

I've watched and liked smile you, my girlfriend is a gumiho, wish upon a star. Can you please tell me if there are other dramas like these ones ? Or any comedy still downloadable ^^

Thank you.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 12th, '13, 01:59

Look up above at what NOME said, pretty much the cream of the crop. I would add The Man Who Can't Get Married and a really different one called Harvest Villa (scary and funny)

Kamenekochan

Post by Kamenekochan » Mar 12th, '13, 11:45

Thank you :D , I'll try and see the synopsis of those on dramawiki first then ^^

Isn't the man who can't get married the korean version of the japanese kekkon dekinai otoko (or the other way round ^^') then I'll have to try this one, I loved the japanese version ^^ Abe Hiroshi was so funny in it.

hsykdoop

Secret Garden VS The King 2 hearts?

Post by hsykdoop » Mar 22nd, '13, 04:00

I want my question to be answered by someone who already watched both.

I'm on vacation and I have both dramas. I want to know which would I watch first because I want to save the best for the last. I already started king2hearts and I like it. But i want to know which is better so i would watch the better one last. Thanks

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Mar 22nd, '13, 06:52

I'm not sure if I can help you with your question but I would like to give my 2 cents....

I watched both and I loved it!! :lol

I wont compare these two dramas together bec they have completely different plot, scenarios, etc... as in everything is not the same,,, except of course Ha Ji Won...
so I think which ever you chose 1st wont affect the other.
in my case of course I watched SG 1st bec it came out 1st.

cheers :thumright:
Last edited by watashiwachiaki on Mar 22nd, '13, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Mar 22nd, '13, 07:11

hsykdoop wrote:I want my question to be answered by someone who already watched both.

I want to know which would I watch first because I want to save the best for the last. I already started king2hearts and I like it. But i want to know which is better so i would watch the better one last. Thanks
Both of these dramas are so different, but both are very good. It's hard to say which one to watch first. Plot wise King 2 hearts is a lot heavier and secret garden is a lot lighter (action drama vs. romantic comedy fantasy).

I say, since you've already started king 2 hearts, you should just go ahead and finish it and then watch secret garden. This way you won't have to recap what you've already seen.

hsykdoop

Post by hsykdoop » Mar 22nd, '13, 12:26

@soulstar @watashiwachiaki Thanks for the reply. I just don't want to watch the better first before a little less better one because I don't want my watching experience to go Up then down But seems from my search and from you these are both great so i will just continue with k2h then SG.
any other opinion from other user?

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Mar 31st, '13, 08:58

hsykdoop wrote:@soulstar @watashiwachiaki Thanks for the reply. I just don't want to watch the better first before a little less better one because I don't want my watching experience to go Up then down But seems from my search and from you these are both great so i will just continue with k2h then SG.
any other opinion from other user?
Makes sense to me - K2H then SG

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Apr 25th, '13, 10:29

Hey guys,I just finished watching Gentleman's Dignity..at first I thought it's not that good but it turns out good :D Need some recommendation since I dont have any korean drama to watch anymore XD Hmm I would prefer that if the drama is not that old..somewhere between 2011-2013?

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Apr 29th, '13, 04:07

I just finished watching A Gentleman's Dignity too. I loved it. Can you please recommend something like that with actors in their 40s?
Thank you

rutisaeriel

Post by rutisaeriel » May 3rd, '13, 22:06

Hi

I want to ask for a recommendation here because there's a lot of time i haven´t found anything i like a lot.

My favourite drama is Coffe prince but there's another dramas i liked a lot like anego, around 40, best love (greatest love), my girl,secret garden,scent of a woman, city hall,my name is kim sam soon,hyd,haken no hinkaku,hello my teacher, itazura na kiss...

I have seen a lot of typical dramas (full house, hana kimi,my girlfriend is a gumiho,love & marriage, wish upon a star, fated to love you,personal taste, bad love,goong,pasta, you are beautiful,big, densha otoko,devil beside you,my princess...that's ok but i dont like so much and another dramas ...)

I would like to find a tender drama like coffe prince or a funny drama like the greatest love, also i dont Know any good drama of mystery (but without traumas please).Ah I dont like remakes...

Perhaps i'm asking too much...Thank you!!!

PS:I'm spanish, excuse me if i 've made some mistakes..

sfnoona

Post by sfnoona » May 4th, '13, 01:00

Many of your favorites are my favorites too!
Here are a couple not on your list that I highly recommend
1 - Gentleman's Dignity - my top favorite drama of 2012
2 - Coffee House - not the same as Coffee Prince. Very funny comedy but takes a little time to get started so you have to watch a couple episodes for it to really get started.
3 - Protect the Boss - Cute and funny. Ji Sung is reallygood in this series.
4 - I Do, I Do - really cute with same great actress KIm Sun Ah as in City Hall and Sam Soon. She was also great in Scent of a Women but the drama was pretty serious story so not for everyone.

Can't think of any Mysteries that don't involve trauma or action/violence. But I'm sure someone on the list would think of one!

rutisaeriel wrote:Hi

I want to ask for a recommendation here because there's a lot of time i haven´t found anything i like a lot.

My favourite drama is Coffe prince but there's another dramas i liked a lot like anego, around 40, best love (greatest love), my girl,secret garden,scent of a woman, city hall,my name is kim sam soon,hyd,haken no hinkaku,hello my teacher, itazura na kiss...

I have seen a lot of typical dramas (full house, hana kimi,my girlfriend is a gumiho,love & marriage, wish upon a star, fated to love you,personal taste, bad love,goong,pasta, you are beautiful,big, densha otoko,devil beside you,my princess...that's ok but i dont like so much and another dramas ...)

I would like to find a tender drama like coffe prince or a funny drama like the greatest love, also i dont Know any good drama of mystery (but without traumas please).Ah I dont like remakes...

Perhaps i'm asking too much...Thank you!!!

PS:I'm spanish, excuse me if i 've made some mistakes..
Last edited by sfnoona on May 4th, '13, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

sfnoona

Post by sfnoona » May 4th, '13, 01:09

I loved G. Dignity too!!!

Cha Seung Won is one of my favorite actors in the 40ish age range.
I would recommend these two comedies that he starred in
1 - The Greatest Love
2 - City Hall

Also Lee Jong Hyuk from GD is really good in these dramas
1 - Powerful Opponents
2 - Crime Squad (aka Detectives in Trouble). Also stars older actor Song Il g**k
3 - Slave Hunters - This one is definitely NOT a Comedy but one of the best action series I've seen - Lee Jong Hyuk plays is a very good villain in this one and most of the lead characters are extremely fit men ;-}

A bit off topic there is a korean movie called Happy Life which is about 40-something guys who were in a rock band in college and try to re-live their youth by reforming their band. It's a very funny and cute movie if you want a good older guy comedy.
klouvios wrote:I just finished watching A Gentleman's Dignity too. I loved it. Can you please recommend something like that with actors in their 40s?
Thank you

rutisaeriel

Post by rutisaeriel » May 4th, '13, 01:33

Thank you very much!I'm going to try with Gentleman's Dignity and Protect the Boss. I watched I do I do and coffe house but i didn´t finished them...
In I do I do i prefered the secundary than the protagonist and for that reason i think i lose interest in it...

klouvios

Post by klouvios » May 4th, '13, 08:09

sfnoona wrote:I loved G. Dignity too!!!

Cha Seung Won is one of my favorite actors in the 40ish age range.
I would recommend these two comedies that he starred in
1 - The Greatest Love
2 - City Hall

Also Lee Jong Hyuk from GD is really good in these dramas
1 - Powerful Opponents
2 - Crime Squad (aka Detectives in Trouble). Also stars older actor Song Il g**k
3 - Slave Hunters - This one is definitely NOT a Comedy but one of the best action series I've seen - Lee Jong Hyuk plays is a very good villain in this one and most of the lead characters are extremely fit men ;-}

A bit off topic there is a korean movie called Happy Life which is about 40-something guys who were in a rock band in college and try to re-live their youth by reforming their band. It's a very funny and cute movie if you want a good older guy comedy.
klouvios wrote:I just finished watching A Gentleman's Dignity too. I loved it. Can you please recommend something like that with actors in their 40s?
Thank you
Thank you for your recommendations :-)
I Have seen Crime Squad, has a good script and Song Il Guk hahaha
Fermentation Family was good too.
I will look into the rest of your suggestions
:D

chikha

Post by chikha » May 7th, '13, 09:57

Can you recommend me any good period dramas? I am trying to find daemang but can't find any at the moment. I watched 3 episdes of painter of the wind but there's no excitement once I finish watching aN episode. Should I stop at episode 3 or will it get better? Can you also recommend some good family drama same as "thank you"?

Ive seen period dramas like dong yi, chuno, QSD, Yi san, DJG

klouvios

Post by klouvios » May 12th, '13, 21:01

sfnoona I have seen Powerful Opponents but I couldn't remember the title, I just finished City Hall and now I am watching Slave Hunter :-)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 12th, '13, 23:50

chikha wrote:Can you recommend me any good period dramas? I am trying to find daemang but can't find any at the moment. I watched 3 episdes of painter of the wind but there's no excitement once I finish watching aN episode. Should I stop at episode 3 or will it get better? Can you also recommend some good family drama same as "thank you"?

You can watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal, The Moon That Embraces The Sun, Horse Doctor, Faith, Painter of the Wind and Jumong. All are great as well as those you mentioned above, as I liked them as well.

chikha

Post by chikha » May 13th, '13, 07:29

kathia_sophia wrote:
chikha wrote:Can you recommend me any good period dramas? I am trying to find daemang but can't find any at the moment. I watched 3 episdes of painter of the wind but there's no excitement once I finish watching aN episode. Should I stop at episode 3 or will it get better? Can you also recommend some good family drama same as "thank you"?

You can watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal, The Moon That Embraces The Sun, Horse Doctor, Faith, Painter of the Wind and Jumong. All are great as well as those you mentioned above, as I liked them as well.
Ive seen SKKS. I am watching Horse Doctor right now I am on episode 3. Is this a good period drama? I am loving the first 3 episodes so far

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 13th, '13, 16:21

chikha wrote:
kathia_sophia wrote:

Ive seen SKKS. I am watching Horse Doctor right now I am on episode 3. Is this a good period drama? I am loving the first 3 episodes so far
I really liked it! Not sure if its your type or not, since its a Taeha with 50 episodes, so the pace will be slower and can be boring sometimes because of it. I watched it while it was airing, so it was easier for me to watch until the end.
I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

fulcrum

Post by fulcrum » May 22nd, '13, 06:10

Just finished watching The Moon that embraces the Sun and absolutely loved it, best kdrama ive seen.

Is there anything out there as good as this? or similar-ish

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 22nd, '13, 23:40

fulcrum wrote:Just finished watching The Moon that embraces the Sun and absolutely loved it, best kdrama ive seen.

Is there anything out there as good as this? or similar-ish
I love that one as well.
Similar? Like in Sageuk or just Love story? Well, I have one for you, its the Princess' Man, very touching and beautiful, I recommend! :wub:

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 23rd, '13, 13:52

I hope someone can help me. I remenber watching a Trailer (or was it a preview? I can't recall) about the chasing of a little girls murder and kidnapper, I remenber that a women (I think she was the female main lead) had her little daughter killed years ago and she helps the detective/policeman or whatever the main lead guy was chasing that evil murder. I don't remenber if it was a movie or drama, but if someone can help me find it...

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 14th, '13, 00:42

Hello! I've been looking for a good kdrama recently...what I've really been searching for is something along the lines of:

1) The protagonist is male (and preferably not an idiot or trying too hard to act cool [i.e. Code Blue =.=;])
2) There are at least two female characters in love with him.

Sort of like the kdrama equivalent of Tsuki no Koibito (jdrama)? I've seen a lot of dramas where there's a triangle centering in on a female character, and I'd like to see the opposite (for once). Other than that, the genre could be anything. Romantic comedy, crime, mystery, thriller...I'm a little iffy on historical, but I'm not going to rule it out. Any help would be appreciated!
kathia_sophia wrote:I hope someone can help me. I remenber watching a Trailer (or was it a preview? I can't recall) about the chasing of a little girls murder and kidnapper, I remenber that a women (I think she was the female main lead) had her little daughter killed years ago and she helps the detective/policeman or whatever the main lead guy was chasing that evil murder. I don't remenber if it was a movie or drama, but if someone can help me find it...
Hmm might you be talking about Seven Days? It's a movie centering on a female lawyer whose daughter is kidnapped. The ransom? Get a convicted murderer off his charges on appeal. She ends up teaming up with a cop (the male lead, of course) to find her daughter and free the guilty man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Days_(film)

There aren't any spoilers on the page, I checked. :)

There's another movie called Midnight F.M. that has a similar premise (in that the daughter is kidnapped), but a lot of other noteable differences (like there's not really a male lead).

jaydee49

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Post by jaydee49 » Jun 19th, '13, 20:41

babyfaced beauty
lie to me
cheongdamdong alice

****************************************************************************************************
watch them at havefunwithasiannovelas.blogspot.com

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Jun 20th, '13, 06:06

My too perfect sons!!!
The writer has created some wonderful characters and the actors did a great job in bringing them to life, all of them.
My favorite character is Daepung. How could he remember all his words? I mean he talks.......A LOT! hahahaha

Prescilla

Post by Prescilla » Jun 24th, '13, 20:34

1. Full House
2. That Winter, The Wind Blows
3. Oh! My Lady
4. All In
5. All About Eve
6. Jewel in the Palace
7. The City Hall
8. Lovers in Paris
9. Jumong
10. I'm Sorry, I Love You

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 24th, '13, 23:47

Hello @ all,
after a long kdrama break (work related), i have now time to watch a few. Which recent dramas can you recommend? Preferably less serious or at least not very sad dramas.
So far i've picked up
Cheongdamdong Alice (promissing beginning, but becomes redundant, shallow...kinda like MMA)
Haeundae Lovers (i liked this one)
Ohlala Couple (the character of the female lead gets so annoying at times)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 25th, '13, 06:19

I recommend I Hear Your Voice, its a recent drama, great actors, great story, great ratings, only 16 eps, ... but it got a bit of seriousness and sad parts, but overall very outstading.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 25th, '13, 08:58

I'll put that one on my list. But there were just few episodes aired. I forgot to add, that i'm looking for recommendations for already aired dramas, since in 3 weeks i will lose the opportunity watch dramas (i will be again at a rainforest station, where the internetactivity is monitored)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 25th, '13, 16:22

Hmm...maybe Pasta? I don't know if you're much into food dramas, but this one is very good, very warm and light, perferct for those who want to watch a less dramatic drama.

vikstar21

Post by vikstar21 » Jul 2nd, '13, 07:21

Could someone please recommend me a drama?
I just finished watching When a Man Loves...

With When a Man Loves, i know the characters/actors for Seo Mi Do and Jae Hee could've been better, but I still loved it...

But now I have fallen in love that K-drama... :wub:

Would love to see something that is similar or any suggestions you guys put forward.
I'm kinda into melodrama, romance and that sorta thing.

Thanks in advance! :salut:

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jul 2nd, '13, 17:37

Maybe you should try That Winter The Wind Blows, its from this year, melo and romantic.

vikstar21

Post by vikstar21 » Jul 4th, '13, 00:21

I will start downloading it, and watching it right away!
thank you for your suggestion :)

anitha3

which one to select!!

Post by anitha3 » Jul 4th, '13, 11:38

hello everyone i am a great KDrama fan....and I am new to this forum....let me introduce myself...I am Anitha from India :D

hope u all accept me as your new forum friend :D

I should say myself to be a newbie to the korean dramas...here goes the list of all the korean dramas i have watched

Playfull Kiss
Boys over Flowers
You are Beautiful
Secret Garden
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
49 days
Coffee Prince
Love Rain
Lie to me
Personal Taste
My Girl

dats it....currently i have few downloaded KDramas and i am confused which one to start first
:P

i have

Bridal mask
Protect the boss
King to hearts
Roof Top prince
Flower Boy ramen shop
Shining inheritance
City hunter

etc with me

so help me which one to start first :P

I am a Romantic/comedy lover....and please suggest me any other romantic dramas which i can enjoy thoroughly :D

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Jul 4th, '13, 11:55

From your list I have seen. The others I haven't gotten around to yet & are on my PTW list. FIY Bridal mask & Shining inheritance are fairly serious Dramas & both really long which is why I keep putting them off.

King2hearts
Roof Top prince
Flower Boy ramen shop
City hunter

If you want romance & light-hearted go for Flower Boy ramen shop, City Hunter is more serious/action. The other 2 are good as well but again a little more serious.

kathia_sophia

Re: which one to select!!

Post by kathia_sophia » Jul 4th, '13, 20:55

anitha3 wrote:dats it....currently i have few downloaded KDramas and i am confused which one to start first
:P

i have

Bridal mask
Protect the boss
King to hearts
Roof Top prince
Flower Boy ramen shop
Shining inheritance
City hunter

etc with me

so help me which one to start first :P

I am a Romantic/comedy lover....and please suggest me any other romantic dramas which i can enjoy thoroughly :D
Ohhh you must watch Protect the Boss!!!!!! :wub:

airboy

Post by airboy » Jul 9th, '13, 23:20

kathia_sophia wrote:
anitha3 wrote:

Ohhh you must watch Protect the Boss!!!!!! :wub:
I agree, from your list, Protect the Boss is a one you must see if you prefer romantic comedies.

eryue

Post by eryue » Jul 11th, '13, 15:52

[quote]I am a Romantic/comedy lover....and please suggest me any other romantic dramas which i can enjoy thoroughly :D[/quote]

since you're into romantic comedies I also think you should really watch Protect the boss (from your list), but city hunter is also really good it's got action but it also has romance and comedy. I personally didn't really like shining inheritance though (a bit too many episodes for me)

I think you might also like monstar (high school, romantic comedy, music), dating agency cyrano (the drama)(romantic comedy) and I hear your voice (this one's a bit more serious but it's really good so far, romance, comedy, fantasy, mystery)
all of these dramas are still airing :-)

ReiraNara

Post by ReiraNara » Sep 8th, '13, 20:35

My first drama was 'Can you hear my heart'
And I still love it. It's my absolute favorite and really recommend it!

alexk777

Post by alexk777 » Dec 7th, '13, 00:14

1. My Girl
2. you are beautiful
3. Princess hours
4. Greatest love
5. Lie to me
6. coffee prince
7. secret garden
6. Bad guy
8. Witch yoo hee
9. Who are you
10. Athena god of war

Those are my completed by order ( likes)

Started and stopped 30 drama ...most all junk.

michael12345

Just finished Answer Me 1994

Post by michael12345 » Jan 6th, '14, 01:46

This series was simply amazing.

I do not usually like K-dramas (the only other one I marginally enjoyed was Coffee Prince), but this series is definitely one of my top 5 favorite television shows from any country.

I'm posting for a couple reasons:

1. Could anyone recommend other series, Korean or Japanese (especially Korean), that I would like? I loved the verisimilitude and lack of clichés in this series, as well as the likable and relatable characters--I would love to find any other series with similar characteristics (instead of the usual poor kid falls in love with Chaebol scion but is thwarted by the evil mother-in-law plot standard).

2. Is it possible to find out what university the writers/directors went to and when they graduated? I taught literature in Korea for a couple years and often complained to my students about the clichés in K-dramas. I'd be thrilled to find out one of my students wound up writing a good series (it's a longshot, but still worth asking about).

Thanks!

kliesen11

Post by kliesen11 » Jan 6th, '14, 02:03

Well, there are a lot of cliches in K-dramas. I've only finished 3 K-dramas so far - Stairway to Heaven, Full House and IRIS. I'm currently watching Reply 1994.

What kind of genres are you looking for?