Kimura Takuya

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jun 4th, '08, 03:23

Hello sword_of_heaven I wonder also why this thread is short. Anyway it was nice to read your insights regarding Kimura-sama. I am currently watching his new drama "Change" so far there are 3 episodes with english subs uploaded here in d-addicts.
Last edited by Jaja on Jun 4th, '08, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.

Peggy

Kimura san

Post by Peggy » Jun 4th, '08, 04:52

Sword of heaven.

I have been an admirer of Kimura san for about ten years now and personally I have come to the opinion that there is NO-ONE who looks like him at any time in his life. He is unique 8)

It is said that when you can recognise the voice of each SMAP member when they sing without seeing them...then you are a true SMAP fan...

I also think that Kimura san is much underrated as an actor. Cannot understand why. He is so versatile and carries every drama he is in. As for his style in any samurai role he is the perfect Japanese man. I especially liked the last one 'Bushi no Ichibun.' However. you should try to find the drama when he played the young Oda Nobunaga. Wonderful rendition of changes from wild youth to super correct head of his family. It may be out of retail sale by now but maybe somewhere to d/l online.

I don't know why this is such a short thread but maybe because we Kimura san admirers know a jewel and keep it secret.....:-)

Peggy

sword_of_heaven

Post by sword_of_heaven » Jun 4th, '08, 10:06

Hi Peggy,

I have to agree with you that he's very seriously underrated.

To be honest though, I have not heard SMAP songs or seen their videos or anything. I just happened to hear about Beautiful Life. The irony was that I actually wanted to watch something happy/cheerful coz I was feeling down and seeing this made me more depressed. However, his acting was so natural, it didn't feel like a drama or a story. It felt like I watching something real.

I don't want to offend anyone here, but you know, one factor is that this thread doesn't have fans who are just like "oh he's good looking" and "oh i think he looks cute" because he's well happily married and all. And that's why the thread is probably small, in which case its a good thing. I've seen some jpop artists' thread which is like 200 pages or whatever in different forums and a lot of it is just one liner stuff saying how good he/she looks or whatever, and not really bothered about his/her talent.

So maybe its something to his credit that he's got 10 pages of people who solidly admire his talent - (though of course, he *does* look great:D)

I just finished Pride yesterday and I am now afraid of seeing Good Luck. That's coz once I finish Good Luck, I'll have to wait *forever* (with my slow net) to get his other dramas. And I am in a 'Be a Kimura fan and watch all his dramas' mood too :(

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 4th, '08, 10:40

you r right guys..a great actor like him deserve more than 10 pages!
I am going to be watching Good Luck next. I saw the first episode and it seemed interesting (though I actually don't like pilots myself because my dad's from the maintenance side and you know how those two sides argue).
I Loved Good Luck!! one of my top dramas..after watching this drama i couldn't help but to watch all his dramas one after another..he is just great..perfect in all roles..

I thought his best acting is in Kerai-naru ichizoku...I can't forget how awesome his performance was..especially in the last 3 episodes~

now I'm watching his new drama CHANGE & I'm enjoying it a lot~

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Jun 5th, '08, 00:42

I agree with everyone
Kimura Takuya's acting is just soooo unbelievably great
personally I think he is the most Charismatic Japanese actor i've ever seen (also comparing him with the other Johnny's Guys)
the funny thing about me is that the first Drama 4 him that I ever watched was Karei naru Ichizoku which is one of his latest....But I was simply bewildered by his acting, I just never thaught someone could play a role -especially such a difficult one- so perfectly. I cried like mad and even screamed while watching the last episode.
So after watching it I simply decided 2 hunt all his other dramas, and was so glad 2 find most were on D-addicts!
Just one thing is Upsetting me, Why isn't anyone releasing the HERO Movie yet?? it's already on Crunchyroll but I want 2 download the DVD version......so pleaaaaase anyone in the fansubbing business plz take this project, coz I can't wait 2 watch it.

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Drazic » Jun 5th, '08, 00:48

snow_of_dawn wrote: Just one thing is Upsetting me, Why isn't anyone releasing the HERO Movie yet?? it's already on Crunchyroll but I want 2 download the DVD version......so pleaaaaase anyone in the fansubbing business plz take this project, coz I can't wait 2 watch it.
The R2 dvd for Hero allready has subs but movie uploads arent allowed on d-addicts. (you can get it at avistaz or asian dvd club, google them =P)

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Jun 5th, '08, 00:58

Thank u sooooo much 4 the advice!!!!
I'll go right away and see if I can find it.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 5th, '08, 12:29

snow_of_dawn: my most favourite drama is Long Vacation. It's a feel good drama and the OST is divine! I have a weakness for beautiful music.

sword_of_heaven

Post by sword_of_heaven » Jun 5th, '08, 17:02

Btw, are there any interviews of his anywhere? With translations? I'm not sure where to look and my net is really slow so I don't get a chance to google it much.

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 8th, '08, 13:30

I finally found a Kimura Takuya thread, so happy, he is definitely my favourite actor of all time, he is so talented and so good and so versatile! Every role he acts in is so different and yet he does such an amazing job, not to mention his smotheringly sexy good looks!

My fst drama of him was Pride and here's the list of dramas I've seen of him:
- Asunaro Hakusho (he looks REALLY YOUNG here)
- Beautiful Life (1 of my faves)
- Chuushinguura 1/47 movie (quite serious but the last part was actually funny before he committed seppuku)
- Engine (Ma ne.. it was alright, quite funny at times)
- Gift (Boring!! Zannen desu ne)
- Good Luck! (Not bad, Sou Kibushiku? was the co-star, she's in Orange Days and Million Stars)
- Hero, Hero SP, Hero Movie (All great!)
- Karei Naru Ichizoku (REALLY GOOD!)
- Kyousoukyoku (I've only seen a bit, its RAW, does anyone know where I can get eng subs?? My Jap is not that good, so its really hard work listening and only understanding 60% of what they're saying)
- Long Vacation (Soo sexy and shy here)
- Love Generation (LOVE IT!)
- Pride (Another of my fave Kimura dramas)
- Sora Kara furu ichioku no hoshi (A million stars fall from the sky - Another fave of mine, its really good!)
- Nemureru Mori (A sleeping forest - really gd too!)

I'm looking for his other stuff like Oda NObunaga and BUshi no Ichibun, and Kyousoukyoku eng subs too, but still can't find them! Oh well, will keep on hunting!

So any latest news with Kimura san? I think someone here said he's not talked abt as much because he is happily married with kids, and tend to agree. Though it makes me even more impressed, handsome and talented and faithful too! Plus a father!

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Jun 8th, '08, 22:30

sword_of_heaven wrote:Btw, I had put up a Kimura pic at a social networking site and some people actually thought it was Yamapi. And after hearing them, even I felt that maybe he did look a bit like Yamapi? What are your thoughts?

Also, this thread is way to small for a good actor like him, shouldn't it be some 200 pages or something full of "I love Kimura" and "He's the best actor~" kind of thing? :D
:lol
There's no way Yamapi looks like Kimura. Kimura is way sexier and hot than anyone else! :glare: (The thing is that I don't like Pi that much :pale: )

about the thread, I also thought is should be bigger, taking into account that he was chosen like the Sexiest man in Japan for 14 years :wub:
It is said that when you can recognise the voice of each SMAP member when they sing without seeing them...then you are a true SMAP fan...
Yay! :cheers:
It's still a little hard but I can recognize them while listening my ipod! :-)

@jesamine:
I'm looking for his other stuff like Oda NObunaga and BUshi no Ichibun, and Kyousoukyoku eng subs too, but still can't find them! Oh well, will keep on hunting!
which one is the one where's Oda Nobunaga?
I was dl one taiga with that name but never consider watching (I don't have much time :-( )
That's a long list of Kimura's works. That's good.
I wonder if I can find most of them. I have some of them luckily! :thumright:

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Jun 8th, '08, 22:42

hi minna!!
you can find Bushi no Ichibun with sub here
http://www.mininova.org/tor/834262
i don't know where to find Oda Nobunaga I'm looking for it too.

sword_of_heaven

Post by sword_of_heaven » Jun 9th, '08, 17:46

Oh no intention of offending Kimura fans by saying he looks like Yamapi btw. Its just that more than one person made that mistake.

Anyway, I'm looking for Chuushinguura 1/47 the movie and Gift myself, though I heard Gift isn't that good? If anyone finds the link, please do post it. Oh I'm getting Engine and Hero movie now. Just started watching Long Vacation too.

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Jun 9th, '08, 20:27

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » Jun 9th, '08, 20:48

jesamine wrote: ....
- Kyousoukyoku (I've only seen a bit, its RAW, does anyone know where I can get eng subs?? My Jap is not that good, so its really hard work listening and only understanding 60% of what they're saying) ....
Hi there !! You can find Kyousoukyoku a.k.a. Concerto ( :w00t: aha!!! ) , english hardsubbed, here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 9c1dba5f33

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jun 10th, '08, 11:49

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 10th, '08, 11:56

Thank you for giving me the link to Bushi No Ichibun and Concerto eng subs!!! Truly appreciate it!! There aren't any seeders for Bushi no Ichibun though (sniff!!) and Concerto as well, but I'm currently downloading from peers.

Yes I think the movie is called I come with the Rain, staring Kimura-kun, the korean guy in Hero, and Josh Harnett.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jun 10th, '08, 12:25

jesamine wrote: Yes I think the movie is called I come with the Rain, staring Kimura-kun, the korean guy in Hero, and Josh Harnett.
Yes it is im gonna watch this if this going to hit the theaters in my country

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Jun 10th, '08, 15:18

@ jesamine : you can find concerto on veoh
http://www.veoh.com/channels/concertojdrama
and you can also find Bushi no ichibun in direct download here
http://idols-unlimited.com/jmovie-love- ... no-ichibun
hope it works!!

mahepa

Post by mahepa » Jun 10th, '08, 17:00

hi there, i am a new here..been a long big fan of kimura..I watched him since i was secondary school i gues..it was asunaro hakuso (ordinary people)..even though he was not the main role, his face has been sticked on my mind...since then, i watch several of his famous dramas...i love him because his very natural face and acting
but when i watch his recent drama (esp. pride, engine, hero movie and change) and his recent commercials, i feel a bit strange with his face, especially his eye brow (he got it shaped, and i dont like it at all), his nose and also his getting darker skin and also too bright hair color.................i just feel that he is not that natural anymore : (

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Jun 10th, '08, 17:31

it's right. but in the showbiz there are no longer natural faces. the important is that he is still a good actor

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 11th, '08, 13:00

Thanks for the links!! I'll try it!

mahepa - are you serious abt kimura changing his face? No wonder I thought he looked kind of different in Karei Naru Ichizoku and now Change. How dissapointing, but I guess in showbiz its inevitable.

Does anyone think that Kimura somehow made his eyes smaller? I liked his double eyelids in his dramas, but the recent 2 dramas, the double eyelids seem to be .... kind of weird.

mac_meister

ASIAN METROSEXUAL

Post by mac_meister » Jun 11th, '08, 21:17

In most Asian countries like Japan, Korea, China, Hongkong, etc., men are into beauty style makeovers. Wearing makeup, having a skin care regimen, fancy clothes, wearing nail polish, hair highlights, hairstyles and eyebrow waxing, etc. in men is nothing new and can be traced back into their history. During Japan's peaceful Heian period between 794 and 1185, for example, both men and women powdered their faces white. Chinese University of Hong Kong professor Anthony Fung notes that in the West, maleness typically means "muscles, dark skin and strong bodies." In Asia, by contrast, definitions of masculinity have traditionally been more flexible. During China's Ming and Qing dynasties (1368-1911), men were depicted in paintings as ethereal, feminine creatures. That refined ideal is best found in the Chinese classic novel, The Dream of the Red Chamber, in which one of the main characters, Jia Baoyu, applies makeup and writes prose in his study instead of battling enemies. And he gets the girl! "Extreme androgyny is nothing particularly new," says Fabienne Darling-Wolf, a professor of Japanese studies at Temple University in Pennsylvania. "The 50 or so post-war years during which Japanese men were not androgynous—due to Western influence and the desire to 'catch up' economically—is the glitch in history, not the other way around."

As with all Asian actors, beauty style makeovers is nothing new. Takuya is one of the hottest trendsetters in Japan. He is one of the highly sought after beauty product endorser and has been on countless magazine covers. So don't be surprise if he changes his looks often, it's not only him but other Asian actors as well. I guess it goes with the territory of artistic license. :lol

mahepa

Post by mahepa » Jun 11th, '08, 23:52

yes, you are right. I still remember one of his controversial commercials of lipstick. mac_meister, i also agree that recently most of Asian actors are a product of beauty make over. I said recently, because during early 90's the invasion of those make up stuffs were not as massive as today. At least, Kimutaku still got his genuine eye brow..(somehow, i still can accept eyebrow waxing for man....remembering one of the role in 'Engine'..the young guy from the movie store..really disgusting)...As you see, now a lot of new actors come with those kind of make up stuff and i still hope that he'll still the same. I mean, he has the skills and he doesnt need that kinda things (oh God, i hate him in Gatsby 'magician' ads but cool pix ads is awesome)....But, as you said nothing natural in show biz! If i should choose between the "make up" and "the natural" him, then i prefer the last.

Even though his recent appearance really dissapoint me, my interest to him now shift from just wanna watching his cute face to wanna know whether he really can act or not and if he does how far his acting skills develop. I think he has some gestures that no actors can do.like the curious eye contact, the expression of uneasiness ( by kicking out his leg...isnt it so natural? we do this, right?), the lip bite and also the pure smile..one of the scene in engine when he punked his mechanics and ran away and smile ..the smile is so genuine and natural! I watch that scene again and again he he..... He is genius! But, then i realize that he do those things again and again.. Though, i still can differentiate kenna, teppei, ryo...I cant wait to see his up coming works and to see how far he goes...
By then, he is still the best!

mahepa

Post by mahepa » Jun 11th, '08, 23:55

jesamine, about the lid..i think you are right..

Yamapi's haniz

Post by Yamapi's haniz » Jun 13th, '08, 00:44

I haven't written there before...
I am KimuTaku fan too... :) I really love his dramas and movies...also his singing too... :)he is one of my favorite japanese actors... :D (well...actually I don't really watch other than japanese dramas and movies) I was really happy when I heard that he will act in "I come with the Rain"...and it will be shown so many countries... :D that is awesome... :D
I can't wait to see it...I watched the trailer and storyline seemed really interesting...o(^_^)o

I have noticed that Yamapi reminds lot of him...they have lot of similar expressions etc...or maybe it's just only my opinion...XD

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 14th, '08, 13:20

Hi phalaenopsys, I tried the link to download Bushi no Ichibun, but i can't seem to download it, nothing happens and the page just reloads.. am I doing something wrong?

sword_of_heaven

Post by sword_of_heaven » Jun 15th, '08, 10:46

Yamapi's haniz wrote:I haven't written there before...
I am KimuTaku fan too... :) I really love his dramas and movies...also his singing too... :)he is one of my favorite japanese actors... :D (well...actually I don't really watch other than japanese dramas and movies) I was really happy when I heard that he will act in "I come with the Rain"...and it will be shown so many countries... :D that is awesome... :D
I can't wait to see it...I watched the trailer and storyline seemed really interesting...o(^_^)o

I have noticed that Yamapi reminds lot of him...they have lot of similar expressions etc...or maybe it's just only my opinion...XD
Thanks! I was saying the same thing, and so did a few of my friends, but I still wasn't sure if I just felt that way because I liked both their looks. ;)

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Jun 15th, '08, 11:03

@ jesamine: i just tried the link and it's working now. maybe they were upgrading then.

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 15th, '08, 11:31

phalaenopsys-TKS! You must be right, I just tried it and its working now!

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Jun 17th, '08, 10:46

I agree with everyone who sees that KimuTaku's face changed a bit from his first dramas especially his eyebrows (but I still doubt he made his eyes smaller as jesamine said) but anyway if u compare him 2 other Japanese male Idols u'll find he's one of the least guys who made any changes in their faces...simply because he doesn't need any :wub:
and I think everyone would agree with me that most of the Johnny's Idols r gradually losing their natural looks because of too much changes in their faces (it may not reach plastic surgeries but it's mostly things like making their eyebrows thinner and such) for example: MatsuJun and Kame's eyebrows r really starting 2 look weird :-(
If u ask me I think their natural ones r much much better!
But anyway I still think KimuTaku is kakkoii and iiresistibly charming :heart:
Last edited by snow_of_dawn on Jun 24th, '08, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.

mahepa

plastic surgery???

Post by mahepa » Jun 17th, '08, 12:29

i agree he is the least guy who make any changes in his face..i also believe that he is forced to do or just have to do that because that is what commonly done in Japanese show biz..after all, he has to compete and survive with other younger starlets

last night, i watched an episode of Change and followed by an episode of Beautiful life..now, i become to believe that he had done something with his eyelid. It was two, and little larger that he has now..well, perhaps..who knows..but i more than believe that he did that..

and his nose?? a bit change but not a plastic surgery i guess

i mean it's fine if he does that :(
i believe we, his fans, loves him just the way he is...he's already cute since the first time!!

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Jun 21st, '08, 04:52

I don't know if he's changed. I haven't seen much of him before and well, I've watched Gift and 2 ep of Asunaro Hakusho and I don't see him different than today (only that he's getting old but hottly old... lol)
I need to watch Change but I don't have time to dl it now :(
That makes me sad.
I'm going to check the links, thanks for sharing! :D

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 25th, '08, 13:24

Well, I've got to say this, whether or not he changed his looks, he is still an awesome actor!!

I just finished watching Concerto (Kyousoukyoku) and latest ep of Change (ep6), and these 2 dramas are at least 12 yrs apart, and he has definitely improved a huge deal, he was good before, but now he's even better!

Hmm, maybe its the makeup I'm thinking that made his eyes look smaller, in Karei Naru Ichizoku and Change, I can see black shadow on his eyes, and I think that must be making his eyes look smaller than usual. That's the only reasoning I can come up with for him looking different in the 2 latest dramas!

sword_of_heaven

Post by sword_of_heaven » Jun 27th, '08, 06:00

And its amazing how people can have their looks change just by fatigue or something too. For example, I always thought he looked really tired in the last episode of Pride. And of course, his looks have changed from Beautiful Life to Change, but his acting is still very very natural. That's the nicest thing.

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Jul 14th, '08, 00:20

To the people who watched change:

withouth spoiling, what do you think of it? :D

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jul 14th, '08, 07:46

I really liked Kimura kun in it, so far I've only watched till ep9 though, can't wait till the next ep. I don't und. why the ratings are below 20%, I thought it was pretty good, but I guess political dramas are not that popular

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Jul 14th, '08, 12:29

makito wrote:To the people who watched change:

I'm currently watching CHANGE, waiting 4 the finale 2 come out. I think it's simply a masterpiece :thumright: , it has everything in it; very unique story that u hardly find in other dramas + Great Cast and that means great acting (KimuTaku :wub: ) + Comedy(there r many scenes that u definitely won't be able 2 hold urself from laughing) + Romance + & Most important of all it gives the viewer a good idea about how politics in Japan works (this is of course 4 the ppl who hold an interest in Japan and the Japanese culture itself, and that i think applies 2 most of the JDorama-fans :-) )
2 sum it up, i think CHANGE is a MUST WATCH especialy 4 KimuTaku-fans like us. it's one drama i'm sure u'll never regret watching.

PS. i'd like 2 thank Massuki Fansubs 4 their great job translating this drama and making their releases as fast as possible>>THANK U :cheers:

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 14th, '08, 12:38

makito wrote:To the people who watched change:

I watched till ep 08 & I can say that it is a great drama and I enjoyed watching it a LOT..very good acting from most of the cast :thumleft:
Highly Recommended!

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Jul 19th, '08, 20:40

Just as expected
I've only watched ep 1, I'm kinda waiting to get all of them first and then I'll watch everything at once :D
Thanks for replying! :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 19th, '08, 20:55

Have watched Kimura for many years. He has maybe had minor stuff done to smooth out underneath his eyes but I doubt if anything else has been done. He is a health watcher and eats only good food and I am sure his wife Shizuka knows how to take very good care of his diet and rest and family life.

Regarding him looking tired in last episode of PRIDE. At that particular time he was travelling to location for this drama and also had to go to Hong Kong for shots for '2046' He also had a bad cold and had injured his arm. No wonder that he looked tired. He also stayed longer to shoot some scenes with Takeuchi to help finish the drama.

As for CHANGE. I think it showed that Kimura san is maturing as an actor every time he takes on a new role. He was the perfect country school teacher who was only interested in his pupils and astronomy. His change into a statesman and Prime Minister was something you could see happening before your eyes.
The last episode is amazing. A 22 minute speech without a break I believe. This was like a soliloquy from Shakespeare almost. Imagine doing this right through sitting at a desk. No movement pacing around a room but just sitting there getting it all across with face and eyes and small hand movements. Not many actors would even tackle that.

I think Kimura is probably the best, but most unappreciated Japanese actor in drama and even film. I just admire him so much. He could stand there and read the alphabet and I would be happy.
I just love that man.

Peggy

ginia_

Post by ginia_ » Jul 26th, '08, 07:12

Kimura's CHANGE IS SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOODDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you shud watch it guys!!!!! :wub:

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Sep 11th, '08, 17:58

CHANGE is wonderful! I enjoyed the series SO MUCH and I definitely prefer it (by a miiillee) to Karei Naru Ichizoku.

I just *love* this man.. He's absolutely a wonderful actor (Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi proved it) and not just a pretty face. Can't wait to see him in new dorama/movie! (I Come With the Rain..?) It's just so exciting to wait for his work each year..

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Sep 11th, '08, 18:08

Argh! Just saw the trailer of I Come With the Rain (http://www.mtime.com/my/968651/blog/1082160/), you should see it, guys! It looks like a really challenging role for Kimura (he spoke bits of English! LOL) and I'm confident that he'll excel.. Can't waaiitt!! >.<

Sorry if anyone has posted the trailer link earlier ;)

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 11th, '08, 19:25

kimura takuya is so cool.

you guys should watch http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Engine

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Sep 12th, '08, 16:55

Of course every KimuTaku fan has to watch Engine. (and the rest of his doramas..) :P

Yamapi's haniz

Post by Yamapi's haniz » Sep 13th, '08, 17:41

scherzando wrote:Of course every KimuTaku fan has to watch Engine. (and the rest of his doramas..) :P
of course...:D ...I just re-watched Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi... :heart: :heart: it's so good!!! :wub: everyone should watch it... :thumright:
I can't wait for I come with the rain to come...XD he looks really hot in trailer... :D

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Sep 13th, '08, 18:10

Of course every KimuTaku fan has to watch Engine. (and the rest of his doramas..)
engine was very good...ep08 was my favorite..I cried a lot during it XD

of course :D ... ...I just re-watched Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi... :heart: :heart: it's so good!!! :wub: everyone should watch it... :thumright:

his performance in this drama was very good..kimura & eri have a good chemistry together :wub:

inthecoldbreeze

Post by inthecoldbreeze » Sep 18th, '08, 13:18

such an excellent actor. and, the grave look of his face makes him hot in a unique way. can't wait for his films to come out. :wub:
Last edited by inthecoldbreeze on Sep 18th, '08, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

gerryg

Post by gerryg » Sep 18th, '08, 13:38

Peggy wrote:I just admire him so much. He could stand there and read the alphabet and I would be happy.
I just love that man.
Peggy
Yep! That pretty much sums it up on how I feel about him too. :wub:
Last edited by gerryg on Sep 28th, '08, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

Peggy

Kimura san

Post by Peggy » Sep 28th, '08, 00:19

Was just going thru some old WUS translations. Kimura most definitely said he hated being called KIMUTAKU. He said 'Call me Takuya'

I have noticed his dislike of the nickname before, but that time he really emphasized it. I have always called him Kimura san or Kimura or Takuya Kimura. Such a nice name to sound out... and I think that Kimutaku is very awkward.

Peggy

makito
Peru

Re: Kimura san

Post by makito » Oct 9th, '08, 02:04

Peggy wrote:Was just going thru some old WUS translations. Kimura most definitely said he hated being called KIMUTAKU. He said 'Call me Takuya'

I have noticed his dislike of the nickname before, but that time he really emphasized it. I have always called him Kimura san or Kimura or Takuya Kimura. Such a nice name to sound out... and I think that Kimutaku is very awkward.

Peggy
I knew he didn't like it, but to hate it? wow
Well, he has the right to say how he doesn't like being called that way.
I don't like Kimutaku either... saying his name completely is far more sexy! :thumright:

Peggy

Kimura Takuya

Post by Peggy » Oct 15th, '08, 23:45

Makito,,
don't you think that 'Kimura' rolls off the tongue so nicely?

And then Takuya is a sharp emphasis.

Much better than any nickname.....

Peg

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Oct 16th, '08, 00:43

OMG, here you are kimutaku fans. I thought there was no such thread in D-addict. This forum is bombarded with all young hot and sexy but not-good-at-acting junior JEs. Thank god I found you.

Kimutaku rocks. He's awesome. Never get tired of his work. Singing and acting-wise.

Love him so much. Though not as much as Pi.

Peggy

TAKUYA KIMURA

Post by Peggy » Oct 16th, '08, 01:02

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimura san. Takuya kun or Takuya Kimura as he introduces himself usually.

Peg

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Oct 16th, '08, 01:42

hi minna, i'm new in this thread, i'm a big fan of Takuya Kimura.
Fall in love with him since Long Vacation, he's really a good actor and good singer. I notice that all of his drama title are in english : Long Vacation, Good luck, engine, pride, change, isnt it ?

makito
Peru

Re: TAKUYA KIMURA

Post by makito » Oct 19th, '08, 14:59

@plain_love:
not all but almost :roll
And his dramas are a must see! :thumleft:

Peggy wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimura san. Takuya kun or Takuya Kimura as he introduces himself usually.

Peg

:lol
Sometimes I think his name without noticing. Kimura Takuya :heart:

Btw, have you seen his latest Gatsby CM?
He looks so hot!
Here you go: :salut:

nnai

Post by nnai » Oct 19th, '08, 16:44

Hey guys :)
I've been a lurker here for most of the time. It's great seeing appreciation of Takuya Kimura here. I rarely find extremely good actors in asian series unlike asian movies. However, I'm truly impressed by Takuya Kimura by making all his characters real in dramas
I've been reading the positive mentions of his works here. I'd like to mention one series. A Million Stars Falling From the Sky.
He is absolutely PHENOMENAL in there!
After I'd finished watching the series, one thing that rarely happens to me after watching a movie, or a television show of a US series, or asian series... is that I keep thinking about the it afterwards.
I kept thinking how magnetically mysterious and attractive he was in there and the story itself.

A Million Stars Falling From the Sky is one of the BEST series I've seen of all the asian series.
It's there at http://silentregrets.com too.

Oh, and I'm looking for the 2 hour drama of his called Oda Nobunaga, The one available in torrent here is an oldie not acted by Takuya. If anyone knows how I'm able to see it.. I'll be truly grateful.
Last edited by nnai on Oct 21st, '08, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Oct 21st, '08, 03:43

nnai wrote:Oh, and I'm looking for the 2 hour drama of his called Oda Nobunaga, The one available in torrent here is an oldie not acted by Takuya. If anyone knows how I'm able to see it.. I'll be truly grateful.
I found it in a lj comm
But you need to be a member of the community to get the links. It's jdramas ^_^

Another thing, it seems Kimura is going to be with Shingo on SmaStation on Sunday 10:58 am on TVAsahi (just in case you can see it :-) )

nnai

Post by nnai » Oct 21st, '08, 09:36

makito wrote:
nnai wrote:Oh, and I'm looking for the 2 hour drama of his called Oda Nobunaga, The one available in torrent here is an oldie not acted by Takuya. If anyone knows how I'm able to see it.. I'll be truly grateful.
I found it in a lj comm
But you need to be a member of the community to get the links. It's jdramas ^_^

Another thing, it seems Kimura is going to be with Shingo on SmaStation on Sunday 10:58 am on TVAsahi (just in case you can see it :-) )
Thank you for that huge tip to find Oda Nobunaga. That site is just gold!
I've been looking for Sleeping Forest and it's there too.

is there subs on TVAsahi? ..not so sure if i can see it anyways lol

Again! Thank you!

Aenea

Post by Aenea » Oct 23rd, '08, 06:06

Hello!
I'm new around here and absolutely LOVE Kimura-san.
I've loved him since my japanese language teacher showed us Long Vacation on a class...
And I just CAN'T get over Pride.... my gosh.. I loved him there!!!

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Oct 24th, '08, 02:00

Aenea wrote:Hello!
I've loved him since my japanese language teacher showed us Long Vacation on a class...
wow!
I also want to study Japanese and have my teacher give me something Kimura-related!!!! :w00t:
Welcome to the Kimura love fandom :lol

and yes, Pride was too much

@nnai:
No, it's not subbed. That's the network where SmaStation airs.
unless some kind soul download the program and subs it...
Let's hope it gets subbed! :D

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Oct 28th, '08, 10:46

Wow, I have been searching for Oda Nobunaga for AGES! I practically have most of his dramas now so happy about that! I just counted, and I have 16 of them lol! Anyway, I've been watching them repeatedly cos he just rocks, but did anyone notice this particular actor in some of his dramas?? His name is Tsumabuki Satoshi, he acted with Kimura san and Eri fukatsu in Chuushingura 1/47, then, Lunch no Ojoou with the female actress who played Aki in pride, and then also, Orange Days with Sou Kisabaki(with Kimura in Good Luck! and Sora Kara furu), and then with Eri Fukatsu in Slow Dance as well?

Ok I think I'm rambling now, lol I've now started to really like Tsumabuki Satoshi and just thought the links between him and the other actors like Kimura and the female actresses who are also linked to Kimura's dramas were just amazing. Hope someone makes some sense of this post!!

tkah

Post by tkah » Dec 16th, '08, 23:37

Has anyone heard anything about his movie "I come with the rain" recently? I thought the release date was 2008? Seems odd I haven't read or heard anything about it recently. IMDB still shows "In production" I find it odd especially with Gackt also doing a movie with Josh Hartnett in 2009.

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Dec 17th, '08, 06:15

tkah wrote:Has anyone heard anything about his movie "I come with the rain" recently? I thought the release date was 2008? Seems odd I haven't read or heard anything about it recently. IMDB still shows "In production" I find it odd especially with Gackt also doing a movie with Josh Hartnett in 2009.
I found that odd too that there hasn't been too much news about the film but perhaps it'll come out soon? In 2009 I hope.

And I really enjoy Kimura Takuya's acting, he portrays his characters very well and although I've only seen a few of his dramas, my current favourite is CHANGE. There's something about the political atmosphere that draws me in.

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Jan 8th, '09, 09:46

hi everyone, i don't know if it's ok to post this but i thought to share with Kimura's fans. on veoh there's the new Kimura's special program with Sanma aired 09/01/03. if you are interested here's the link.
santaku
:-)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 8th, '09, 10:06

Aenea wrote:Hello!

ah, you're right. I think Engine wasn't that good to.
But.. there are really better ones.
His older dramas were really good. But on the contrary: Change and Karei na Ichizoku are really good too.

I think he's a great actor. But sometimes I think his roles or the characters are similiar in their habits.

Anyway, he was the first japanese actor I really admired. Even now.. i would die for meeting him.

shosef

Post by shosef » Jan 8th, '09, 10:16

i agree....sometimes the characters that Kimura-sama plays have some things in common (aside from the fact that they are played by him...LOL)...but for me it didn't detract the fact that his acting is good.....i recommend you guys to watch GIFT....his bad self there is scary...especially when he smiles....eerie....and i'm in love iwith Kimura-san for like 6 years now....i just love him....he's adorable....

shosef

Post by shosef » Jan 8th, '09, 10:19

tkah wrote:Has anyone heard anything about his movie "I come with the rain" recently? I thought the release date was 2008? Seems odd I haven't read or heard anything about it recently. IMDB still shows "In production" I find it odd especially with Gackt also doing a movie with Josh Hartnett in 2009.
yes...i heard...i also heard that he came here in my hometown cuz they had a shooting here....i was like running like mad after class to go to the airport but DARN it i didn't get to see him....or even Josh Hartnett...i absolutely want to kill myself for missing the opportunity to see Kimura-san...AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Scottishlass

Post by Scottishlass » Jan 8th, '09, 10:23

In the last couple of doramas he has played you could actually see what an amazing actor he is. I think it already started with PRIDE where he totally played against his looks. He looked totally different and also his gestures were so unlike Kimura we normally know.
Karei and Change were simply amazing.

It is strange though that he already had this kind of charisma and aura in his early stuff. I have subbed a couple of really old SMAP stuff and WOAH ... there is already glimpses of the *KimuTaku* sensation in it, even in his teens.

I first came across him in Pride and while I wasn't too enamoured by his looks, I thought he was a good actor and I looked him up and came across SMAP. Imagine my surprise that he looked so totally different (and HOT). PRIDE really not only started my *love affair* with Kimura-san but a whole new experience of SMAP and studying Japanese :)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 8th, '09, 15:25

hah..
The firs drama I watched with him was Beatfiful Life and he was quite interesting there. The next drama I watched was Long Vacation. When I saw him first there I thought "Omg... what a freak." But watching for a while I found him quite amazing and I didn't really notice that I was already catched by his charm. After I looked like crazy for news about him and watched every drama. I'm really looking forward to his next project. He really has something.. aura? xD

Hey which SMAP things do you mean? Wanna see it too.

tkah

Post by tkah » Jan 8th, '09, 15:51

Long Vacation was the first drama I watched that he did and have been hooked ever since. I wish someone would sub the SANTAKU SP. It always looks so funny but unfortunately I can't understand Japanese. You can see the previous 2 years on youtube if anyone is interested. Just look up SANTAKU

Scottishlass

Post by Scottishlass » Jan 8th, '09, 16:08

tkah wrote: I wish someone would sub the SANTAKU SP.
I tried to sub them but most of the time I don't understand Sanma. He is a mumbler extraordinaire :( As I learnt Japanese by ear only and only now beginning to learn hiragana etc. it will take a while to sub any SanTakus according to Japanese subs. :(

tkah

Post by tkah » Jan 9th, '09, 00:15

Sub'ing must be really hard. I can't imagine myself because I only know english and can understand a bit of french. But thanks for trying anyway. I appreciate all the hard work the people that sub these shows do. Arigatou!!!!!!!!!!

Peggy

Kimura song lyrics

Post by Peggy » Feb 12th, '09, 00:39

Does anyone know of a site where it is possible to find English translations of the Kimura solo from the last concert. Song was called 'STYLE' and it really rang my bell. I love that song and the way Kimura sang and danced with the back dancers. I would love to know the English lyrics .

Any help much appreciated.

Peggy