* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Romance
* Episodes: TBA
* Viewership rating: TBA
* Broadcast network: TBS
* Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-16 start
* Air time: Sunday 21:00

Synopsis
"Fuyu no Sakura" is described as a pure love story with similarities to the popular Korean drama "Winter Sonata" (titled "Fuyu no Sonata" in Japan). Kusanagi plays a gentle glass craftsman in Yamagata who has no experience in love. Imai plays an older housewife with a husband and daughter who goes on a trip alone to Yamagata, hoping to see sakura trees blooming in winter. She gets into an accident, but is saved by Kusanagi. He ends up tending to her, and the two are soon drawn to each other. --Tokyograph

Cast
* Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
* Imai Miki
* Sato Takeru
* Kato Rosa
* Yamazaki Shigenori
* Denden
* Oshima Yoko
* Shirahane Yuri (白羽ゆり)
* Yoshida Hideko
* Enami Kyoko
* Takashima Masanobu

Fuyu no Sakura @DramaWiki
Official Site
(English Soft Subs) roronoa / (SPA Hard) Chronos Fansub / (PL Soft) lizards@DEEP
Download Eng Subs from here by yuizaki_libra
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Jan 26th, '11, 21:25, edited 2 times in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 6th, '11, 02:29

One of a few dramas I'm watching next season. Hope it won't disappoint.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 02:31

Yay! Rosa Kato! And Takeru! And I'm getting more into Kusanagi due to Ninkyo Helper and 99 nen no Ai. So I am looking forward to this too ^_^

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 11th, '11, 03:30

Korean actress Choi Ji-woo will have a guest role

more details

okitagirl

Post by okitagirl » Jan 11th, '11, 06:30

Anyone pick this up to sub yet? :pray:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 11th, '11, 12:38

The theme song will be a new single from Yamashita Tatsuro :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 11th, '11, 20:26

okitagirl wrote:Anyone pick this up to sub yet? :pray:
Not yet! : (
Sorvaseven wrote:The theme song will be a new single from Yamashita Tatsuro :cheers:
Thanks for the updates! :-)

okitagirl

Post by okitagirl » Jan 11th, '11, 20:38

Not yet! : (
Oh no! :cry:

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 17th, '11, 15:56

i hope this series gonna be great

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 17th, '11, 16:01

okitagirl wrote:Anyone pick this up to sub yet? :pray:
Good news! roronoa will release soft subs for this drama! :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 18th, '11, 19:51

yay for softsub!

I watched it raw and liking it already. The scenery is just mesmerizing ^^ Kusanagi is so good, it's heart breaking when he cries ;_; looking forwards to next eps. The husband character seems crazy o_o

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Jan 21st, '11, 11:20

Minna!
Eng softsubs already released @OurHour Community by yuizaki_libra
http://community.livejournal.com/ourhou ... mode=reply

Enjoy! :cheers:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 18th, '11, 21:01

This series is a struggle to watch... because I wanna go in the screen and solve everyone's problem! Some of the characters are a bit typical (not saying it's bad... but you can kinda guess some of their motives, traits, etc from them like Takeru's, Rosa's, the wife...) But the most interesting one is the Doctor because he's the most complex... you dunno what's seriously going on in his head... and he's very conflicting. You think he's a bit figured out, but an unexpected turns comes
He has too much of a control self-image issue. Of course it's natural he cheats on her with her supposedly best friend (who I think is crazy herself if she lets him beat up on her...*coughs*Sadistic*coughs* and still obsesses over his wife... because in the end he seems to be deeply attached to her. Not in a loving way but he's too possessive with her) but the moment she shows a slight interest in the opposite sex it's like the biggest issue in the world. But men tend to have that kinda mannerisms (not saying all men do.... but it seems common with males) He's too possessive over her... like he wants her, but don't want her... geez accuse her of cheating and get it over with! (if he wants to get rid of her that badly)

But I'm tired of everyone saying that she needs to live for the same of her family.... minus her daughter, for the sake of her family no one gives a crap about her. Why get the operation just to live in heck again? I clearly understand her reasons to not have it done... die with her treasured memories instead of living without them. But Takeru's typical "I'm the younger brother but I've been around the block a few times and know how the world works and know I gotta kiss my bosses butt in order to keep this job"'s character is too nerve-racking >< I understand his position too... but man... obviously she went away by herself to get away from her reality... so what makes him think she wants to be back in that all over again? Yeah some of these characters tick me off (but that's the point of them sometimes... you know their thinking is messed-up and selfish so.... that's why it's typical lol)
I wonder if I am the only one who thinks that Monami's and Tsu-..something....( lol just gonna say Kusanagi) have more of a friendship-relationship than a romantic one? I honestly see a mature opposite sex friendship... like.... when two divorced couples go out for a cup of coffee even when they're married to other people... but they still chit-chat and are very happy with their lives... that's the relationship I get from these two (well they're not quite happy with their lives... )
but I dunno... Kusanagi's character is very caring and nurturing.. so it can come off as if he wants to be with her for the rest of his life... like he may have lingering affections toward her, but I don't quite see him as a threat to take her away from her home and selfishly announce "I'll make you happy!" He just seem to want what she truly wants. He knows that she can't rely on anyone about how she feels about her current situation (I mean if her husband won't listen and she seems weary in talking to her sadistic friend...) then well, she feels comfortable with him. Kusanagi knows this so he'll just try to support her like a friend.... which is more of the vibe I'm getting. I do sense that they might try to develop this into a romance... but it'll be icky since she has a daughter... bu the daughter might find out how her father really is and would support her mom in being happy. Even if she did divorced her husband, Monami will most likely not win having custody over her child... But a sceniro such as that is possible... she living her life out with Kusanagi until she dies if she doesn't get the operation.

I do feel bad for her because she's really in a corner. Everyone keep talking about how she needs to think of the people around her while no one but 1 person is thinking about her well-being. She is practically forced to be selfless ;_;
Yamashita's song is like a dream in this show.... I love it! Sorry for the long post

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Feb 23rd, '11, 08:32

Watching because of Takeru Sato and Rosa Kato but even for that, I am bored to bits. Pacing's too slow and the plot is over-dramatic. Why do most dramas go overboard when the subject is about illness? IMO, Takeru's character is the only sane one here. I've only seen up to Ep2. Yappari yamemasu.

updated:03/26
Okay so I said I'd stop watching this but Takeru looks too good here to resist :P
There's nothing much to the whole drama with it's clichè plot and predictable outcome but I did cry at the end, not because of the story but because there was a touching message for Japan's calamity victims. Especially touched by the last part

希望の”春”が来ることを祈って。

which if I'm not mistaken basically translates to:

We pray that the "spring" of hope will come.

I pray the same.
Last edited by juzdiz on Mar 26th, '11, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 23rd, '11, 09:42

for some reasons, i could not get passed ep1. not sure why but i kept dozing off. it's very pity because i really was excited for this drama. I just can't get into that love/romantic part of this drama. both leads are not convincing enough. maybe i should force myself and continue watching?

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 24th, '11, 03:49

Issy wrote:for some reasons, i could not get passed ep1. not sure why but i kept dozing off. it's very pity because i really was excited for this drama. I just can't get into that love/romantic part of this drama. both leads are not convincing enough. maybe i should force myself and continue watching?
It's because it probably doesn't come off as really romance/love I guess because it totally doesn't seem that way to me in my opinion. I'm interested in what she will do for herself... I think that what's motivating me to keep watching. Wanna see if her character will break free from everything

Ken Sanada

Post by Ken Sanada » Feb 27th, '11, 04:41

Tsuyoshi Kusanagi performed to fan meeting of TBS system starring drama "Cherry of winter" held in Akasaka BLITZ,Tokyo on the 23rd.

A Korean Actor,Kwon Sang-woo appeared to surprise the fan.Then it was announced that Kwon Sang-woo co-starred with Tsuyoshi Kusanagi in the drama.

When Kwon Sang-woo appeared,about 500 fans got excited.

Kwon Sang-woo who co-starred with Kusanagi in Fuji Television Network-affiliated in 2005 "SMAP×SMAP" was impressed by Kusanagi's acting and voluntarily offered to perform to Kusanagi's drama.

He said"I feel nervous act in Japanese this time for the first time."

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Feb 27th, '11, 06:07

Ken Sanada wrote:Tsuyoshi Kusanagi performed to fan meeting of TBS system starring drama "Cherry of winter" held in Akasaka BLITZ,Tokyo on the 23rd.

A Korean Actor,Kwon Sang-woo appeared to surprise the fan.Then it was announced that Kwon Sang-woo co-starred with Tsuyoshi Kusanagi in the drama.

When Kwon Sang-woo appeared,about 500 fans got excited.

Kwon Sang-woo who co-starred with Kusanagi in Fuji Television Network-affiliated in 2005 "SMAP×SMAP" was impressed by Kusanagi's acting and voluntarily offered to perform to Kusanagi's drama.

He said"I feel nervous act in Japanese this time for the first time."
Kwon Sang-woo also in this drama? where where where? i also liked this korean star as well. after watching ep 6 can see that the next eps will be very sad.

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Mar 3rd, '11, 13:32

saw the trailer for ep 8 and Kwon Sang-woo will be in it. hooray...

Nagashiwa

Post by Nagashiwa » Mar 20th, '11, 20:53

The last episode has been aired on the TV already..

I can't wait till I can watch it :3

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 25th, '11, 11:04

I liked this drama!

SevenSeas

Post by SevenSeas » Jul 20th, '13, 09:06

does anybody know the title of the ending song in each episode. I could not find it in the OST. TIA.